• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 -open-

copacetic

un cœur tranquille
The Runaways
cs: x // ooc: x // main: x
background
Overpopulation has been a problem that the world has been anticipating for some time now. In order to not run into food shortage issues, overcrowding, or health issues, the government has implemented a solution in order to control the population.

At birth, everyone receives a barcode on their wrist. The barcode is to remain covered by a bracelet until it is scanned when they turn 18, to hide any changes that happen to the barcode. Each year, those who have turned 18 report to a government facility in order to have their barcode scanned. The barcode will give a reading whether the person will continue to live or be terminated.

There is a week of celebration leading up to The Reading. Though those who are terminated are anonymous, they can choose to self-identify and are thought of as heroes. Their sacrifice is for the greater good and benefits the community. There is a great reverence and appreciation to those who make the ultimate sacrifice.

plot
A group of 8 young adults are among those who are attending The Reading. For some reason or another, they have all peeked at their barcodes. Their curiosity quickly turned into horror when they realized that their barcode did not resemble the one of their parents and every other adult they have met. They each came to one conclusion: they will not make it past 18 years old. Instead of accepting their place, they decide to take their fate into their own hands. They aren't ready to die. They know that they are going to run away. When they vanished after their reading, the government immediately knew what was happening. They have told the public that they have disappeared, not that they are supposed to die. They claim they disappeared before their reading and that they want them to be returned to their families. The group has to hide their identities and find a safe place to hide out.

rules
- This is not first come, first serve. This must means that you are only applying for a role and I will accept characters I think are best suited for the RP
- Please post at least once a week and posts should be at least two good paragraphs in order for this to not die!
- All RPN rules apply!
- There are currently 8 spots, but this may be adjusted based on interest
- Realistic faceclaims only please
- All characters are 18 years old
- Discord will be used for OOC plotting
- Romance is not required, but if it occurs please keep it pg-13

Last edited:
yaaaaas kween
ooo interested x
interested!
Super cool concept ^^
this looks soooo cool // interested
Interested
I love suspenseful thrillers and this does seem like one! Extremely Interested.
Interested!
sounds vry intriguing !! consider me interested
my attention has been caught
interested!
this sounds interesting, i would join it!
Sounds great
Character applications are here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back