• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Everest

Dinner was just about as awkward as every other meal, but this time it was a little more relaxing knowing that their group was complete, albeit just for a moment. And from the looks of everything that Delphina said she didn't look happy, she almost looked depressed. Definitely wasn't the happy cheerful girl she was before, it was kind of disheartening. So while Nora cleaned up after dinner he did what he did best, made tea.

Soon Nora was heading back to the bed, Castor was heading out to check the weather and asking Marisol to join. As he finished pouring the boiling water in the mismatched mugs he looked over at Marisol with a small concerned smile. He knew how much she missed Castor, and he seemed to have been avoiding her this whole trip. Everest always tried to give Castor the benefit of the doubt though, something must have happened to him over the course of the year. Maybe now Marisol would get some answers?

"Go on, I can always reheat your tea. Just be careful out on the deck." With that said he handed everyone else in the room the mugs, sitting down next to Viola afterwards. Quietly he cleared his throat and looked over at Viola. "So, I've never understood relationships where people didn't like each other. Was this engagement thing arraigned? You don't seem very happy. I don't mean to pry but I worry about you. You deserve to be happy." Everest didn't want any of the group to be unhappy, but her especially. "Marry whoever makes you happy, but if he ever does anything to you to hurt you, give me a call. Any time of any day and I'll be there to get you. Okay?"

Viola

Dinner was so awkward that Viola actually felt like she was back home for a moment. Viola had taken a moment to try and make some small talk with Delphina but it was honestly not great, what could she ask about? The fish in the sea? Thankfully dinner was over quick and it seemed everyone was going their separate ways for the evening. She was preparing to stand up from the table herself and head to bed to avoid anymore of the awkward when a cup of tea was being placed next to her and Everest pulled out the chair to sit down.

His words instantly caused her shoulders to raise as her body went tense and her anger threatened to make an appearance at the dinner table. How DARE he. How are he ask her about her relationship and then say such sweet things to her that made her want to cry in one sentence. How dare he act like he didn't KNOW why she was unhappy! He was a smart man, he wasn't an idiot. The comments he made in the car that day still haunted her heart, the day she found out she wasn't worth overcoming "normal". News flash? They weren't normal anyways!

"Yes. It was." Viola's words were curt as she spoke and took a first sip of the tea and swallowed before continuing. "Everest. I appreciate the offer but... we both know calling you to save me will only hurt me more." Viola refused to look up from the table as she spoke. This fucking stupid boat and no where to run to was driving her insane and now it was just so much worse. All she wanted to do was lay in bed and cry, she couldn't even do that! The others would hear her! "This is just what my life is now, it's best that I just accept that."

Raven

Raven was silent all through their dinner, only eating with the others because he was honestly afraid that Nora would kill him if he didn't sit down for the meal. It was hard sitting by Delphina and not just breaking down right then and there, it honestly made it hard for him to eat his food at all. Soon they were all done and Raven was ready to make a run for the drivers perch when Nora's words made his shoulders stiffen. "H-Hey! No need to be so- whatever." He swallowed the panic that arose in his throat and had to shoot another glare in Castors direction as he spoke up as well. It seemed like everyone was going to their own separate little areas and soon it was only Raven and Delphina sitting across from each other at the table.

How did he start? What was he supposed to even say?

"I-I'm sorry." Raven's own words surprised him, he honestly hadn't fully prepared the thought when the words came flying out. "I should have never yelled that day, I should have never gotten mad. I just - I never wanted you to sacrifice anything for me. Especially your own education. I felt so terrible about that and just... I just freaked out." Word vomit was quickly taking over and Raven rested his head in his hands, staring down at the table as he continued. "I never meant to make you feel like I was mad at you. I was just upset, I felt bad and I said things poorly."

"Education is and will always be very important to me and it's very hard for me to understand how other's prioritize things. I felt like you were throwing this opportunity away for me and... I was also a little hurt. I couldn't believe you didn't understand that I would be here waiting for when we were longer in that situation. I would have waited forever." Raven rubbed his hand over the back of his neck that was now red hot from the embarrassment he was going through before finally looking up at her across the table. "I still would."

Marisol

"Why are you all being so fucking weird?" Marisol had made the comment with a mouth full of food that got her a swift kick under the table from Everest. After that she shut up for the rest of the meal and just finihsed her food like a good girl. After everyone was done, Marisol stood and helped Nora clear all the dishes and take care of things before the usually timid girl lashed out at Delphina and Raven causing Marisol to chuckle slightly. "Oooo you two are in trouble."

Her good mood didn't last long however as soon Marisol was in trouble herself, staring wide eyed at Castor as he said her name, it almost felt foreign hearing it come from his lips after how long it had been since he spoke to her. However, as sad as she was she had to admit that it instantly caused those stupid butterflies in her stomach to start up again as she stood there like an idiot as a poncho was tossed in her hands. Castor was heading up there before she could even respond and soon Everest was speaking up about the tea, like she was even concerned about the damn tea! She was concerned about what would happen if she did walk out those doors and have this conversation. It was all Marisol wanted since he left for bootcamp a year ago but now that it was in front of her she was terrified. What if it hurt more? "Right. Thanks DAD." Marisol scoffed at Everest as she pulled on the poncho and made her way out onto the deck. It was slippery but thankfully not too bad, even with her limp.

It took her a little longer than normal but she was finally able to make her way up the stairs and into the drivers area, taking off the dripping plastic material and hanging it on a hook before making her way over to the controls of the boat and looking around at them to avoid looking at Castor. "So uh, I have to assume this isn't about the weather I mean... I can look out the window and tell you about the weather." As soon as she said something the boat rocked and she stumbled a bit, grabbing onto one of the handrails to steady herself before leaning against it with a sigh. "So, what is it?"

Delphina

Everyone seemed to scatter from the room after giving Raven a hard time and Delphina couldn't help but to smile, sipping on the hot tea quietly as everyone left. Suddenly it was just her and Raven sitting at the table. Leaving him and everyone the way she did wasn't right. In hindsight she should have said goodbye, she had just been so frazzled. Everything was piling on top of her and she felt so overwhelmed, all she knew was that the ocean didn't overwhelm her. But the ocean also didn't have her friends. More specifically, the ocean didn't have Raven.

As Delphina went to apologize Raven started first. He looked defeated and tired, and it appears he was like that because of her. She felt terrible for causing him so much stress and heartache. "I dropped your classes because I'm stupid and selfish. They weren't really necessary for my degree either. I would have much rather been by your side as a partner than I wanted to be your student. I've always valued and admired you and your big brain, me not being your student wouldn't have changed that." Delphina stood and moved next to Raven, her soft hands gently cupping his warm face. "Stop blaming yourself. It was my fault, I didn't want to have to wait until I graduated just to be able to be with you."

Delphina's cheeks heated and as she went to pulled away from him a large wave crashed against the boat, stumbling slightly and bracing herself on the table. "Guess I'm still getting used to my human legs." Or the storm was getting really bad. Both were highly likely.

Castor

Part of Castor wished that she wouldn't follow, that she would want nothing to do with him. After all that's what he deserved, he deserved to live with the guilt of not being there for her. So when he seen her come up the stairs he couldn't help but smile weakly. "Oh, uh, yeah. It wasn't about the weather, you caught me." Castor chuckled nervously and rubbed his hands together nervously. "I wanted to apologize to you." As he spoke he winced, like the words were painful to admit out loud. "I had no clue what you went through when I was in boot camp. As soon as I got out I couldn't get a hold of you, so I got in touch with your mom and she let me know what happened. I felt like the worlds worst friend, like I didn't even deserve this life. I went on a bender, I drowned myself in my sorrows with alcohol."

His hand ran through his dark locks and he stood up and paced the floor. "The league put me in rehab and that's where I've been for the last few months. I've wanted to write you but everyone told me to come out and actually talk to you. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most. I can start by being there for you now and in the future though, if you'll let me. I'm no Everest but I can-" The next wave rattled the boat. It tossed Castor from the middle of the drivers perch to nearly toppling over the gate, the gate crashing into his stomach with a loud groan. "W-We should get back inside now."

Marisol

Marisol stared at her feet as she spoke, honestly taken aback by the fact that her was apologizing at all. Not that he wasn't a good person, he was just always so god damn stubborn. She had no clue that he had gotten in touch with her mom, it made her feel slightly embarrassed, especially after how annoying her mother had been in the hospital the first time. The mention of the alcohol and rehab however made her look up at him with wide eyes, "Wait you what?" Honestly she didn't know how to process that information for a moment. Rehab? :I- shit Castor, are you okay? Do you feel okay? Ah fuck that's not what you ask someone right? I don't know what you're supposed to ask." Word vomit was ensuing and Marisol let go of the bar she was holding onto for support to run a frustrated hand through her hair.

"I mean, I admit I was sad I never heard from you but, I was okay Castor really. I just assumed you were busy, not ignoring me. I - I'm just as guilty for not contacting you. I didn't want you to feel burdened by my stupid ass getting sick... again." Marisol started to calm down when he paced, even chuckling slightly when he was mentioning being there for her and making the Everest comment. "Well thank god for that. I need you, not another mom. You're right, let's head in. We can catch up more if you want?"

Marisol started to move back down the stairs and stopped at the bottom to turn and make some snarky comment to Castor when she lost her footing and grabbed onto the side of the boat for support. "S-Shit it is really slippery down here. Be careful okay?" She yelled up the stairs but at that moment they hit a large wave that caused the boat to veer to the side and before she knew what was happening she was met with a face full of water and cold surrounding her body. The force of the water hitting her took her out of her own mind for a moment but then she realized it wasn't just a forceful splash, it was her falling into the ocean completely. Have you ever tried to swim with a prosthetic? Wouldn't suggest it... especially not in a storm.

Castor

Marisol didn't hate him, in fact she even said she still needed him despite how bad he fucked up. Relief washed over the tall dark haired man as he smiled a small smile at the woman that still had his heart. "Be careful too! Hang on to the railing." Castor made his way across the wet deck carefully as she headed down the stairs, trying to get over to her quickly so he could help support her. Before he could reach her though the large wave hit the boat and forced it to change directions, causing Castor to stumble down to his knees as he reached the stairs. "Marisol?!" One moment she was there and the next a wave was washing her away.

"Shit! Fuck!" He took off running down the stairs, slipping and sliding with each step he took. Immediately he panicked and he grabbed hold of the life preserver. "GUYS!" Castor slammed a few knocks on the door that led inside. "Marisol went overboard!" His eyes never stopped searching the water as he yelled for the others. The rain felt like bullets on his skin, the rain so heavy he could barely see. There was no sign of her. "Fuck!"

There was no hesitation. She couldn't swim, he needed to get in there and save her. Castor threw the life preserver overboard, kicked off his shoes and took a deep breath before throwing himself over the railing into the cool water. The waves were tossing him and making it hard to see but that didn't stop him from looking every which way for his yellow haired friend.

Everest

It seemed that Viola was the only soul that could rattle Everest. Regardless of what she did she remained strong, she knew what she wanted, and he always admired that. So seeing her not fighting this arranged marriage that she obviously didn't want? He didn't like it. "You know I worry about everyone, but I worry about you the most. I apologize for anything careless I said in the past, I just want to see you happy." Everest flashed Viola a small sad smile before he continued. "Just call me if you ever need me. Okay?"

As Everest stood to head to bed the wave pushed the boat and nearly caused Everest to fall to his knees. Suddenly Castor was knocking loudly and yelling something that made Everest's face white. "Hey guys, wake up all hands on deck!" Quickly he ran out into the rain and felt panic spread all throughout his body. She wouldn't be able to swim in the water, not with the prosthetic on. The waves looked violent and the rain made it impossible to see clearly. Faintly he could see the orange life preserver in the water, the rope barely tied to the side of the railing.

"Marisol?! Castor?!" Part of him wanted to jump in the water and help him look for her, but the rational part of him knew that they needed someone to pull them up. They'd need someone to do CPR if necessary. It was hard trying to remain rational while every second of not seeing the two of them felt like an hour. Everest clutched onto the rope and held his breath as he waited for them to appear from the water.

Marisol

Marisol wasn't positive how long she had been under water, honestly even the few times she was able to resurface and catch a breath were mostly met with the harsh rain making her struggle just as much as the waves. Fighting against the violence of the water was so hard, At some point she gave up, it felt like she had been struggling for hours but in all reality it had been less than 5 minutes. It was cruel irony really... finally she was getting all of her friends back, her best friend back. Then this.

Once Marisol stopped fighting it, everything actually seemed calm for a moment and something in her brain clicked. This had happened before... she knew that. Their shitty time back at the campus made her aware of that. But now we remembered it, she could remember dying. Not much else but just the physical feeling. It was peaceful...

Just as Marisol was ready to completely give into the peace something dark flashed in front of her blurry vision, moving quickly through the water and heading straight toward where she slowly sunk down in the sea. It honestly looked like something straight out of a horror film but for some reason it was oddly familiar and comforting. The blurry object got larger as it neared her and finally she was able to see him in his full form. Marisol couldn't help but smile as she finally lost consciousness, whether it from the loss of oxygen or the shock of the being in front of her.

--

Everything came back to her slowly at first, like a strange dream. Her life in college, how terrible she was, how terrible her mother was in her first life... just generally how terrible it was. She remembered Nora from then, how they died. Then everything went quickly, the time in their afterlife, meeting everyone, making her new family. How could she just... forget this?

It was hours before Marisol finally had her eyes flutter open from where she laid against Raven's bed on the boat. By now they were close to back to shore and had already called medical help for once they arrived but for now she was stable. Slowly she sat up on the bed and gave up half way through trying to stay upright, gently falling back into the pillows with a cough. Her hair was mostly still wet and matted to her face. "What happened?" She croaked, her throat hurting from her earlier fight to breathe. She remembered falling off the boat and then everything got rather fuzzy...

Castor

There was some sort of irony of Castor drowning. It didn't matter how strong he was or how he hard he swam the currents were too strong. Just when his lungs started to constrict from the lack of air he felt his body morph into that of a large sea serpent with curled horns. His memories flooded his mind as he glided through the rough waters towards Marisol. Quickly he grabbed hold of her shirt with his teeth to secure her. It took seconds for Castor to reach the surface of the water with Marisol, the large black serpent depositing the girl near Nora so she could attend to her.

--

Castor had held his breath until Marisol was coughing up water and breathing again. However when they moved her inside he was enraged. He wanted to go inside too, but with being the size of the boat in his current state he wasn't able to join her. How was he going to be able to be there for her in this form? Impatiently he pushed the boat towards land so they'd get there faster. Well, until Delphina returned with his bracelet with the familiar looking pendant.

It allowed him to transform back into his human form like hers did. More importantly, it allowed Castor to run back to see how Marisol was doing. They'd be to land soon and she'd be taken to the hospital but for now she was stable. He parked himself in a chair next to the bed. This time he didn't care what happened he was going to be by her side to help her get better. "Well, you got threw off the boat during the storm. I managed to get you out and Nora was quick to resuscitate you. We're close to land and they're waiting to take you to a hospital to make sure you're okay."

Telling her what happened in the water would only be unnecessary stress so he decided to withhold that information. Just until she's okay. With a warm smile he leaned forward and pushed her wet hair out of her face before cupping her cheek. "Rest up, you're safe now."

--

For the past three days Marisol had been at the hospital. Castor made sure to be there everyday from morning until visiting hours were over. "Morning gorgeous, you ready to get out of here?" The tall black haired football star gave her a cheerful grin as he handed Marisol her morning Starbucks drink. He had to fly back out to Texas soon but he was thankful he still had a few days with her. But he'd check on her all the time, and he would text her every day. This time he wouldn't fuck up.

At least, that was the game plan. Maybe he'd be able to completely ignore the sea serpent he was and go on with his human life?

Everest

The last few days had been both a relief and a disaster. While Marisol was on the mend Viola had gone back to her new home and pretty much cut all contact again with him again. He was hurt, and he tried to understand the best he could so after a few unanswered texts he finally stopped bothering her. He was back to running the agency and resuming, and closing, a few cases while he waited for her return. He was thankful for Castor keeping him updated while he worked, though Everest did swing by the hospital after work everyday.

While he was hopeful Castor would tell Marisol what happened soon he was also a little jealous. Delphina got her true form back, and now Castor. Everest felt like he needed that part of himself again. Did Raven, Yuu, and Viola feel like this too? Thankfully Everest thought up of welcome home party for Marisol, so he invited everyone over to the apartment in the hopes to surprise her. They had drinks, food, snacks, video games and board games. There was even a cheesy welcome home Marisol banner. Hopefully she wouldn't kill him.

He did send Viola one text this morning to remind her of the welcome home party. Even if she hated him she at least liked Marisol right? "Thanks again for coming, I'm pretty sure she'd hit me if it was just me throwing the party. And, it'd be a bad one at that." Everest cleared his throat quietly before glancing down at his phone. "Didn't Raven say him and Delphina would be here?" He partially checked because he wanted to see if Viola had said anything.

Delphina

"If this gets to be too much you let me know." As Delphina parked the car the bubbly pink haired girl smiled sweetly over at Raven. "You know I think you may come into some money really soon if you go to the doctors. There was a reward for finding me, wasn't there? I'll stay around for good, too. If you just go. I'll be here for you like you were there for me."Was she bribing him? A little. As much as Raven tried to hide it she could see the color drained from his face, she could tell that he was feeling sick or run down or something, she was worried sick! In all honesty Delphina wasn't sleeping well, she was up late either worrying about him.

"Think it over, okay? I just want to see you feeling better." Gently she squeezed his hand for a long moment before her cheeks flushed slightly and let him go. Over the last few days she had been staying with him on his boat. At first she stuck around to make sure Marisol was okay, then she'd return to the water and swim away again. Only, that wasn't what she wanted anymore. As much as she loved the ocean she loved her friends more, she didn't want to leave them again. Delphina wanted to stay with Raven.

His health was her top priority at the moment, telling him would have to wait. "Right. Let's get inside, yeah?" Delphina stood from the car and walked up the stairs on the outside to the upstairs apartment of Everest and Marisol. Quietly she knocked before walking inside. "Sorry we're late. She's not here yet is she?" Big ocean blue eyes looked around the room to check for Marisol. Nope, they were in the clear. And what was that hanging? A banner? "Oh my how precious." Her pink pretty lips turned up into a small smirk.

Nora

"Well hopefully she won't hit anyone and she'll just relax and have a good time." Nora smiled reassuringly at Everest before taking a drink of her water. Besides Viola going back to her new life Castor had kept them all updated on Marisol and that she'd be alright, Delphina was staying with Raven for the time being, everything was looking okay for now. Since they got back Nora had been staying with Yuu at his place. As much as she loved being with him she found herself growing more worried about him every day. There were alcohol bottles everywhere in the house. The fridge, the bedroom, she even found one in the living room. It was clear he was hiding the fact that he had a drinking problem.

They'd welcome Marisol home, go back to his place, and then she planned on addressing Yuu with her concerns. Nora was going to make sure he was getting help before she left for school once more in a few days. For now though, they'd have a good time welcoming their friend home. "You doing okay? Can I get you anything?" The petite brunette smiled gently at Yuu before her green eyes looked at the door as it opened. "Oh Delphina, Raven, glad you guys made it okay. No she's not here yet but Castor said he's picking her up now."

Last edited:
Marisol

Marisol had her memories back, which was a brutal thing to live with while being confined to a hospital bed. She was positive that Castor must have had his back as well... after what happened in the water he must have right? But he never mentioned it again and Marisol was afraid to say anything and cause the group to fall apart again. Everything was going so well it seemed, despite her mini vacation in the hospital. At first it was terrible, she felt so awkward being around any of them without her prosthetic on but thankfully Castor made her feel comfortable as she went without it the few days, the old one being destroyed in the rough water. Thankfully they were able to fit her with a new one before she was discharged and get her set to go but honestly, even if she hadn't been able to it would have been okay.

"Very!" Marisol cheered as she took the overly sweet drink from Castor with a bright smile and sat up in the bed more. After a sip of her drink and adjusting her hoodie quickly she made her way out of the uncomfortable bed and stood up with a big stretch. The new leg was still slightly uncomfortable but would soon be as good as the old one. "So, ready to break out of this hell? We're pretty good at it by now." The joke and chuckle came to a shock to her as the words just fell out of her mouth. Marisol hadn't meant for the memory of her and Castor leaving his hospital room back when he cracked his horn but it did... or in this new life when he took her home from her first leg injury. "R-Right. Well they already discharged me I was just waiting for my ride soooo... let's go." Marisol awkwardly finger gunned towards the door and took another long drink as she side stepped slowly out of the room.

Yuu

Yuu knew that Nora knew about the drinking. There was no way she couldn't! She was a smart woman and Yuu was not prepared to have her in his apartment... everything was a mess and there was bottles of liquor everywhere they looked. Nora was polite and didn't mention it yet but, he knew it was coming. He wanted to do better, he really did and hoped that he would actually stick to it this time but it was hard. Everything was just so confusing and hard ever since finding out about his old life.

"Oh I'm okay. Thank you thought babe." Yuu smiled down at Nora as he draped an arm over her shoulders and turned to look at the others as they slowly congregated. "It looks nice Everest. But not so intense that Marisol will murder you. Just maim." He shrugged and chuckled before looking down at Nora. It was going to be hard to be at a party today and not drink but for the past three days he had avoided alcohol without too much issue. There had been some withdrawal symptoms and he knew it had to be coming even harder soon but... it was worth it to not worry Nora anymore than she already was.

Viola

The last three days had been hell. Ever since returning to her home after leaving the boat, her fiancé was on a rampage. When she first walked in the door she noticed the destruction, all of her things had been ripped, shredded, damaged with paint. At first she scoffed at his man-baby tantrum but soon she discovered how much worse his anger could be.... he HATED her. This wasn't just his issues with her being her own person, this was deeply seeded and evil. The moment she confronted him about her things she was met with a hand across her face and a gun forcing her into her bedroom. This was where she stayed for the last three days... only eating the food her fiance approved because she was "getting fat" and wearing a pair of sweats and hoodie because "she was too ugly to flaunt herself around like that". Every time she talked back to him she was hit and threatened once again with the gun.

"I-If you don't let me go my friends will know something is wrong! You've barely let me talk to him in days so they're already suspicious." Viola flinched as the man threw her cell phone and some clothes at her. He was allowing her to leave but only with his driver and only until 10 p.m. He also let her know that if she tried to pull anything that he would hurt everyone at that party.

After he gave her permission Viola did her best to cover her bruises and scrapes but it wasn't the best. Her hair was worn down and curled to try and cover some more of the bruising but it seemed impossible. She wore a pair of skinny black jeans and a long sleeve blouse with heels and even with all the material covering her body wounds still poked out. She was told to tell the others that they were from a mountain biking accident.

Soon the driver dropped her off at the agency and Viola steeled her nerves before making her way in the front door. "W-Well, this place is cozier than I imagined for this place. I figured Marisol would have decorated with more... bats. " Viola tried her best to smile as she walked into the place and closed the door behind her, doing her best to avoid eye contact with anyone as she looked around the room.

Raven

Raven was ill, like very ill, like didn't really know how he was standing ill. But now wasn't a time he could be weak, not when Delphina was finally back and things were going okay. She wanted him to go to the doctor but he had to wait until he was positive that she was completely settled, plus it was just a cold! A gnarly one but a cold none the less. They had been in that terrible storm so he really wasn't surprised that he had gotten sick. It would go away on its own eventually.

"I don't care about money, you know that. I'm just happy you're back and safe Del." Raven gave her a small smile as she reached over and squeezed his hand, "Really, I feel fine okay. I'll make an appointment next week if that will make you feel better but its just a small cold from being on the boat during the storm. It happens. It's not going to kill me or anything so let's just enjoy the party okay?" She dropped his hand and he frowned for a moment before shaking it off and following her up the stairs and into the apartment above the detective agency.

"She's totally going to kill you either way. But it does look nice." Raven scoffed as the others all spoke and raised his brow at the banner. "But I also think she will appreciate it. Just, mentally."

Castor:

“Yeah we’ve made a few grand escapes from the hospital. Let’s hope it’s the last time, yeah?” Castor couldn’t help but smirk slightly at the thought of all the times they’ve left the hospital together. The last time she came in with her leg, then the time his horn cracked she was with him pretty much all the time. Wait, was that what she was referring to? Did she have her memories back too?

“Er, yeah. Let’s get you home.” Castor held the door opener for Marisol, chuckling quietly and shaking his head at her finger guns. He followed her out and lead her to the car that was waiting down at the valet. As much as he wanted to ask about her memories he refrained. The top priority was not spoiling the surprise for her at home. Thankfully, the hospital was five minutes from her place.

When they arrived at the house he parked in the front parking lot to avoid all the other cars. Everyone was supposed to be here by now, and part of his job here was to make sure she was thoroughly surprised. So Castor stood from the car and moved to hold the car door open for Marisol. “Everest has been an overbearing mother hen. He’s actually been more obnoxious than usual. Just be prepared. Even asked us to go upstairs through the agency.” Castor gave a small shrug before jumping from the car and quickly moving to Marisol’s side to hold the car door open for her.

Everest

While the others teased the white haired male he couldn't help but find himself laughing it off and shaking his head, giving a small shrug of the shoulders. Viola made him feel like he failed as a friend to her, and she was right to make him feel like that. He failed to be there for her, he was too focus on her graduating before he could even consider perusing anything more with her. It was selfish on his part, he didn't want to make her look bad if anyone found out about the two of them. Now she hated his guts and wanted nothing to do with him, so he wanted to make sure that he looked out and took care of the others. He held out the hope that she'd forgive him one day.

"The consensus is that she'll like it and I'll face minimal damage or maiming. Cool. Thanks for making it everyone." This was it, right? As Everest went to move to check his phone once more the door creaked open. Everest straightened up, spun on his heels and grinned widely at the door. "Surpri-" What was supposed to be Marisol was in fact Viola. A very tattered Viola. His eyes counted numerous bruises and what looked like wounds. "Jesus." He didn't mean to react that way, it had been just a natural reaction. Now wasn't the time to be making a scene, he'd have to pull her away from the others and try to talk to her. Quickly he scolded himself and planted a small fake smile on his face. "I-I mean I'm just so glad you could make it. I was, uh, worried about you." Great, stumbling over his words again.

"Thanks for making it. Food and drink is in the kitchen, bathroom is down the hall last door on the left if you need to freshen up." Just then his pocket began to buzz so he looked down and noticed a text from Castor. "Hey right on time, they just got here."

Last edited:
Nora

The arm that wrapped around her was warm and comforting as always, though all Nora could do was worry over him. Thankfully the door opened and briefly cut out the tension as everyone waited to surprise Marisol. Only, Marisol didn't walk through the door. It was Viola and for a second Nora found herself cracking a smile. Then Nora's green eyes landed on all of the bruises and marks. "Oh..." The smile fell into another frown. But before she could say anything Everest was quickly acting like things weren't strange, ironically making things even more awkward in the room.

"Viola you've been seen by a doctor right?" Nora couldn't inquire any further, Everest was announcing the arrival of the guest of honor. "We'll, uh, catch up later." With a small smile Nora grabbed the confetti poppers and handed one out to everyone just in time before the door opened. "Surprise!" Nora pulled the string and watched the colorful confetti pop out of the small cannon into the air above the door.

--

Delphina

Mermaids didn't fall ill, but humans did. For the short time that Delphina was human she had seen a cold or two. A cold didn't drain the life from your face, and just deep down Delphina felt like something was seriously wrong. And, no matter how much he said he didn't care about money, she knew money would help afford the best treatment for whatever ailed him. So she planned to borrow Raven's phone later and call her dad, after he schedules his doctors appointment of course. Raven could be mad at her all he wanted but only after she made sure that he'd be taken care of.

Viola looked rough, almost like she had gotten the shit kicked out of her. Delphina let out a small sigh and ran her hand through her long pink hair. "Oh my, let's perk up a bit people. This is a happy occasion right? Let's be happy for the first few minutes of the party at least." Once handed the small confetti cannon she got in position to fire it. As the door opened she quickly pulled the string and watched the confetti fly out. "Welcome home!"

Marisol

The party both surprised her and... didn't at the same time. Marisol was both angry and happy at the splash of confetti that hit her and Castor as they made their way into the apartment she shared with Everest. "Oh how.... chee-cute." She let a small smile slip onto her usually annoyed looking features as she took in the light decorations around the room and rolled her eyes at the banner that she knew had to be her roommates idea. "Really guys, I appreciate it. Even if it is lame. Its a good lame."

After a few awkward moments of standing around sipping on their drinks and picking at snacks Marisol finally lost it and made everyone sit down and play Heads Up. Then it was a party. Marisol herself stuck to sipping on a cup full of plain cranberry juice, both out of respect for Castor but also because she wasn't sure she should be drinking with the antibiotics she was on. But despite the lack of alcohol they were all actually having fun! Viola was... distant. And CLEARLY something was wrong but any time anyone brought it up she quickly brushed it aside as if it was some type of bike accident? Marisol wasn't an idiot... she worked as a PI. She could see domestic abuse when it was sitting in front of her.

Around 8pm, Marisol noticed Viola acting strange, suddenly starting to get ready to leave despite them being in the middle of a game. That was when Marisol took Viola to the bathroom and grilled her until she finally let her know what was going on. "No. No way in hell you're going home! Do you have your wallet? Phone? Then that's all you need. Text him and say that all us girls are spending the night and it would look weird if you left. Then turn your phone off and come sit with your friends." Marisol reached over and pat her friend on the shoulder awkwardly, "We're not going to let anything happen to you. Plus it's not like he knows where I live." She scoffed and shrugged her shoulders, "Now come on. Just enjoy tonight and tomorrow I can call some friends and the police station to help you out."

After that they returned to the game and it seemed like Viola had calmed down a bit but was getting more and more antsy as the clock ticked on. Finally around 10:30 it seemed like they were all wrapping up as Marisol nearly fell asleep leaning on Castors shoulder. She was thankful for the night of fun but honestly her body was still wicked tired from the trauma. "We should all go get dinner this weekend." Marisol grinned sleepily as she waved at her friends who were gathering their things to leave. "I fucking MISS restaurant food after a week on that damn boat and then the fucking hospital. I actually might kill someone for some PF Changs."

Viola

Viola couldn't help but flinch a little at the questions she received from some of the others, scratching at the back of her neck and smiling sheepishly. "Oh you know, I just got over confident and thought I could learn mountain biking in a day. Nasty fall." She chuckled nervously and went back to awkwardly looking around the room. Thankfully very soon after the door opened and they were all yelling surprise as Castor and Marisol arrived. She was thankful for the distraction and quickly excused herself for a glass of wine once things got moving.

They all eventually fell into an old comfortable rhythm as they played games and talked about anything. For a while Viola was able to forget her problems but as the clock got closer and closer to 10 she couldn't help but fidget and sigh. Eventually Marisol pulled her away and grilled her until Viola was a crying mess and spilling everything. They argued about what to do now and eventually she gave into Marisol and sent the text before turning off her phone and shoving it in a random bathroom drawer so she wouldn't be tempted to look at it later.

They returned to the living room and Viola tried to relax but it was hard... Marisol was right that her fiance didnt know where she was but he was scary! He could probably figure it out! And a lot of the police were his drinking buddies! Sure Marisol and Everest had friends in the station as well but still! It was finally past 10 and the others were starting to leave while Viola said her goodbyes and went to the bathroom with the pair of pajamas that Marisol had let her borrow. She quickly pulled on the pair of black sweats and nearly shredded old band t shirt. Her eyes went to the drawer and she couldn't stop herself from grabbing her phone and turning it on. The phone nearly instantly lit up with 50+ missed calls and texts causing her heart to fall into her stomach. She opened the messages and began scrolling through them quickly. It was a lot of threats and name calling but it was the last one that made her drop to the floor.

"I found your friends on google you dumb bitch. Maybe don't try and hide out at a place that accepts Yelp reviews. OMW."

Raven

"It was really good to see you all. Marisol is right, we should get dinner. Maybe Sunday? I have a meeting on Friday to beg for my job again... so Saturday I will either be drowning my sorrows or celebrating." Raven let out a half hearted chuckle as he grabbed his jacket off the coat rack and pulled it over his shoulders before taking Delphina's for her as well. "Well we're going to head out. You all look tired anyways. Tell Viola bye for me as well."

Raven held the door open for Delphina as they left and walked down the stairs, the cold night air hitting his lungs like bricks. It hurt and he hated to admit it but he felt like garbage and the strain to breathe was getting worse by the moment in the cool air. He pulled his keys from his pocket and hit the button to unlock the doors, walking around the passenger side to let Delphina in before making his way to the drivers seat, only he had to stop half way and have a coughing fit. However this time, blood splattered onto the back of his hand which he looked at in horror before quickly wiping it on the material of his dark jeans.

After a moment of shock Raven climbed into the drivers seat and turned on the car without a word before heading off. "I think I'll try and get a doctors appointment for tomorrow. Maybe someone can see me. I wouldn't hurt to make sure its not bacterial I suppose." Raven was trying his best to remain light hearted and not scare her but as they drove his vision got blurry to the point where he almost felt the need to stop. He rubbed at his eyes over and over again but it wasn't helping enough and soon his head started to feel light and he could feel something warm running down his lip. "What the fuck?" He groaned and took his hand off the wheel to wipe what he thought was going to be mucus from under his nose but was met with more blood. That was when he decided to pull over. Good thing too because the moment the car was in park another coughing fit began and he was doubled over in pain on top of the steering wheel.

Yuu

"Right, goodnight guys." Yuu and Nora were left getting their coats on after Raven and Delphina had left. Viola had went off to the bathroom and Yuu looked over at Nora with a raised eyebrow, "Do you buy the bike story? Because I dont." He looked over at Everest with a sympathetic smile before opening the door and ushering Nora outside before sliding her hand into hers as they made their way down to the car.

"Listen I'm fucked up and I KNOW I'm fucked up. But what could ever possess you to hit a woman? I mean equality and shit but still. Who the fuck does that?" Yuu went to cross the road to where they had parallel parked their car and nearly got hit by someone speeding past and pulling into the driveway next door. Quickly he yanked Nora back onto the sidewalk as well before flipping the guy in the car off and scoffing. "What is fucking wrong with people. Come on, let's go."

They weren't far down the road when the rain started falling heavily and Yuu let out a sigh. "Why is driving in the rain so damn annoying." He groaned and turned on the windshield wipers as they continued down the road. "I uh- I don't want to be that kind of guy." Yuu suddenly blurted as they drove. "I mean obviously I would never hit you but, I mean... I don't want to do anything that would hurt you. And I know my - the way I am hurts you." Yuu couldn't bring himself to say the world alcoholic out loud but he hoped she would understand what he meant. "So I'm going to change it. I just need some help okay?"

Yuu took his eyes off the road for a split second to peer over at Nora with a soft smile and when he looked back forward a deer was in his headlights. They hit the thing with such force that it caused the small car to spin out, hydroplaning until they ended up rolled over in a ditch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back