• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Delphina

Once again Delphina's dreams were plagued with the mysterious village covered in haze, the blinding light from the forest, and the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore. Delphina was able to hear voices calling her name from the forest. She was in a trance. No matter how much she wanted to fight the urge to go towards the sounds she couldn't fight it. The ocean and voices called to her and she had to answer its call. Before she could walk into the woods she heard someone call her name behind her. "Hm?" That voice...Raven?

Bright blue eyes bat open slowly to see Raven carrying her out of the RV. "Oh, thanks." Her cheeks heated as he sat her down. Delphina leaned against him for support, though she rested her head on his chest with a bright red face. Her hands snaked around his waist for a small hug. She had what? 14 hours left? Might as well enjoy the little time she had left with him. "Mm, lets stick around-" Delphina lost her words when she looked around the town square. This was the town from her dream. Right? The same path, the same run down buildings. Her arms fell from around Raven, her weak body walking down the path without any words.

It didn't take too long before she was at the edge of the town facing the woods. Delphina froze in her tracks and stared at the woods. "I think I have to go in there." The wind blew and she could swear she heard the sound of the ocean and someone call her name. Her eyes glazed over before she began to walk down the thin dirt trail into the dark forest.

Nora

Just as she finished the book the RV parked. They were there. Nora sat the thick book down on the couch as she stood up and looked out the window. Silently she panicked. This was the place but it looked to be abandoned. Her friend did say it was an ancient town but she just assumed people would still live there. Did something happen here to make the townees leave? Raven carried the pale and tired looking Delphina off of the RV and Nora felt her heart drop in her stomach. What if Delphina died here on the wild goose chase Nora sent them off?

"Oh." Nora felt her cheeks heat as Yuu took her hand. "W-We'll find something, Yuu." She gave his hand a small squeeze, her heart beating rapidly. His touch was calming her anxieties and was helping her think clearly. The kiss on her head however made her whole face red. Wasn't he trying to stay away from her? What was going on with him?

Once off of the RV Nora looked around and noticed Viola was already gone. Delphina was walking down the path, doing what she didn't know, but Nora had to find a place around here with the answers. She knew it'd be somewhere, her source was credible. "Everest you should go look for Viola. Everyone should keep an eye out for any old books." Nora leaned up and pressed her lips to Yuu's cheek lightly before letting go of his hand and heading into the town.

Arzt. Doctor. Nora followed the sign before she stopped at the small run down stone shack. The handle wouldn't turn, and no matter how much weight she put against the door it still wouldn't open. "Crap." She looked at the window before grabbing a rock and chucking it into the glass. Nora climbed into the untouched dusty shop and looked around. She dialed everyone on before putting it on speaker phone. "Guys I found the doctors shop. Not sure if anything here will help, but I'm sure the doctor had some literature or something that could help." Nora walked to the book case and looked through all the books. Anything she could read was too new. Her eyes stopped on a book with old runes on it.

She puled the book out and walked to the desk. Nora blew the dust off of the book before opening it up and pulling up the documents her friend emailed her. It was basically a translator but it could take a while to find what she was looking for. "Anyone find anything?"

Everest

Something was wrong with Viola. "Guys I'll go follow Viola, see what's up. I'll call." He gave a small smile towards the others before taking off after Viola. It wasn't hard to find her, her footprints were in the dirt and the door was open to the bakery. "Viola?" Everest walked through to see her on the floor. She looked terrified. "Viola!" He knelt next to her and started to panic as he assessed her. "You're not hurt are you?" His golden eyes noticed her staring at something on the ceiling and he looked up to see the runes. "Viola can you read those?"

Wait. Viola didn't take her capsule. She died by moon elves, didn't she? How could he have forgotten that? "Viola I know you don't want to but the capsule could help us. I don't want to tell you how you died but this might help make sense of the things you're seeing. It could help Delphina too..." Everest pulled the capsule from his pocket before holding it out to her. "Please, Viola. We need you to do this, Delphina doesn't have much time left. I know it's not fair to do this to you. I'll help you through every step, I'll be here no matter what." He shone her a gentle smile and rubbed her back slowly. "You're not alone, you don't have to do this alone. Stop being so stubborn and learn to rely on someone. That's what friends are for."

Everest felt his cheeks heat up. "I care about you, Viola. I can't stand to see you this way. This will give you some clarity."

Castor

"Don't worry Marisol, nothing can happen in this abandoned town. We could probably get tetanus, so don't get cut. Kay?" Castor chuckled quietly before mussing up Marisol's hair. Castor turned to walk towards the other road of the town. "I'll call if I see anything." Castor walked down the road and looked around the houses. Maybe someone was living in the town? Each house was emptier than the last though, Castor kept peeking inside the glass of the houses. "Shit." It didn't take long for Castor to reach the end of the row of the houses. He peeked in the window of the last one and swore he saw a shadow. And...was that a candle?

"Shit." Castor fumbled with his phone, managing to pick up the group call at the last minute. He listened to Nora before chiming in. "I think I've found something too. I'll keep you guys updated." Castor jiggled the handle only to find it locked. "Shit. Come on." He took a step back before using his strong leg to kick the door in. The door swung open and he walked inside. "Hey, is someone here? I've got some questions!" Castor was abrasive as always, nothing subtle with him.

As he walked through the dark dusty home it appeared to be someone was staying there. Empty cans of food, candles that were melted all the way, and empty bottles of water. "I know there's someone here, come on out! I just want to talk." Castor walked towards the lit candle in the back of the house, his heart racing anxiously.

Marisol

Marisol watched as everyone walked in their separate directions and rubbed nervously at her arm. This whole place gave her goosebumps and a pit in her stomach. “Yeah sure tetanus...” she rolled her eyes at Castor as he walked away and turned a corner into the city. She turned to Raven and let out a huff, “I’m going to wander. I’ll yell if anything goes down. I won’t go far. You should probably follow her, make sure she doesn’t trip or anything.”

Marisol turned in the opposite direction and found herself wandering down a residential road. It wasn’t twenty feet before she was thrown to the ground and a heavy weight on top of her. Marisol went to scream but a hand over her mouth muffled the noise and made it difficult to breathe. Shit. Shit. Shit. Her mind was going a mile a minute as she squirmed and kicked at whoever was holding her but it was futile, they were much stronger.

Marisol fought to turn her head and met eyes with someone in a face mask and black eyes. God how badly she wanted to scream right now but every muffled yell just made his grasp tighter as he hoisted her up and began moving into a building. They were inside then headed down into a basement of some sort. It was dark but Marisol heard the opening and closing of many doors and it felt like he had been walking forever before he threw her body into a cold and damp cell, locking the door and hurrying away.

“Hey! Let me out of here you fucking freak!” Marisol jumped up as quick as her body would let her and clung to the metal bars. Her voice echoed through the stone halls and she was met with nothing but silence. “Hello?! Can anyone hear me?!” She screamed so loud that her throat hurt. How was this happening? She hadn’t been alone for more than thirty seconds. What if the others had been grabbed too?

Yuu

“Nope nothing yet. But I’ll head that direction. Maybe I can help there.” Yuu responded to Nora over the phone before letting his arm drop and walking along the different shops. He kept the call open to wait for anyone else to chime in but he had nothing more to say. In the distance he saw a shadow dart across his vision and Yuu stopped in his tracks. “Hey is anyone near the tailor? I think I just saw someone.” He held the phone up close to his mouth but as soon as the words left his mouth the phone was slapped from his hand and a fist flew across his jaw.

Yuu fell to his knees and spit blood to the ground from his wounded mouth before he tried to stand. That moment a foot flew into his stomach and threw him across the dirt road. A cough sputtered from his mouth and then before he knew it all he could see was darkness.

In his knocked out state Yuu was back in his old life. The one where he died with flames all around him. The one where he died unloved and alone. It was terrifying, back then he didn’t know how little his life meant but now looking back, he was nothing of purpose. All Yuu did was sleep with women and drink. When he died he was a nobody.... and what about this life? A hockey player with no real friends? God that was depressing.

Yuu didn’t wake until his body his the cold wet ground of the same cell Marisol was in. “Shit what the hell is this?” He rubbed his head as he sat up with a wince. “Marisol? Where are we? Where are the others?” His mind instantly went to Nora. Where was his phone? He patted his body but found it was missing. Fuck. Nora was out there by herself in some shop! This whole city was starting to feel more and more like a bad idea. He would almost call it a set up! “Shit Marisol do you have your phone? Any reception?” Yuu spoke without thinking then instantly remembered she had left her phone way back in the frat house. “Oh fuck.” He slowly stood and made his way to the metal bars and began violently yanking at them. They couldn’t die like this... any of them... If these people already got Marisol and himself the others would be getting attacked soon, it was only a matter of time.

Viola

When Everest found her she still had her pale blue eyes fixated on the runes. “I-They’re really familiar. Like I can almost read them... I can tell they’re really really dark Everest like scary dark.” She swallowed hard and finally pulled her eyes away to look at him as he spoke. If she wasn’t so scared and if Delphina wasn’t actively dying she might try to argue with him but... he had a point.

“I’ll take it but... we shouldn’t stay here.” Viola grabbed him by the arm and slid around the back of the counter so they were hidden from the window view before taking the memory capsule from him and turning it over a few times in her hand. Viola was never one to admit she was scared but... she was. So deeply that it was hard to make herself plop the thing in her mouth but she did.

A few moments later Viola was whisked into her memories. She saw herself with a sword and amazing armor that sparkled in the sunlight as she fought through hordes of moon elves. Then she was in a place that smelled of mold and mildew, it was cold and made her heart race. There was a pain that was so severe it made her want to vomit all over again and a man snickering at her as he closed the cell door on her. Then she was with the others in their old living room, silently knitting as she listened with a small smile. Then it was talking to Everest about their hopes for Nirvana or reincarnation. Then she was awake once more.

Her eyes drifted back up to the ceiling and she gasped a little before tears began to well up in her eyes. This place was a prison, a trap, a site for the elves to use for various different missions and jobs. Each rune on this ceiling was a lure of some kind. “Everest we have to find the others and get away from here. I know Delphina doesn’t have much time but... I don’t know if Nora’s contact was telling the truth or if it was all a part of a bigger plan. Do you have your phone? Call them. Tell them to meet back at the RV.” She reached out and grabbed his arm as she stared at him seriously. This would be the place to find help for Delphina but it would also be the place that they all died if they didn’t carry on cautiously and with a good plan.

Raven

“Delphina? What are you talking about?” Raven eyed the pink haired girl curiously as she let him go and began to walk off on her own. Marisol said something to him and he just waved her off as she went to search as well. He was worried about Delphina? Why was she suddenly walking off? Didn’t she just say that they should stay?

“Hey!” Raven jogged to catch up with her only to find her standing at the edge of the woods. “Wait ! I don’t know if we should be looking out there. I would assume it would be in the town like Nora’s contact told us!” But Delphina wasn’t listening.... or responding... she was almost like a zombie. Something about this was oddly familiar to him. “Okay at least wait for me okay?” Raven started after her and only made it a few feel into the thick trees when he was hit over the head with something hard.

As Raven laid against the dirt and fought against the looming loss of consciousness he heard someone walk over to him.

“Fucking idiots. All of them! Thinking they could cheat death and get away with it. Just disgusting!” The voice sounded sinister and evil as it got closer to him. “Let’s take this one down to the beach. So he can watch as his little girlfriend turns to foam.”

One month later...

Nora

"Morning gals." Nora gave a bright smile and a small wave to the nurses at their station as they gave report. For the past 30 days Nora was up at the hospital with Yuu by his side. For the first three weeks though it wasn't all smiles and waves. Most of them were spent riddled with anxiety and tears. Yuu had gotten hit so hard he got a concussion. He had ended up slipping into a coma in the cell they were locked in. Viola and Everest came to save them but they couldn't wake Yuu up. Castor, Raven, and Delphina managed to scare away the elves which let them drive to a hospital an hour away. Yuu, Delphina, Marisol and Everest were all admitted into the hospital and airlifted back to the states.

It took Yuu three weeks to wake up. The first week Nora spent crying into his chest just hoping and wishing he'd wake up. The second week she spent it sitting in her chair next to him just talking to him hoping he'd wake up. Third week? She just spent it holding his hand. He had no one with him there, his family didn't come up. He showed brain activity but he just wasn't waking up. Most nights Nora spent the night on the couch in the windowsill. She didn't want him alone and she didn't want him to wake up scared. Nora skipped classes, had her professors email her everything she needed, and she even handled Yuu's classes. All she wanted was for things to be easy for him when he woke. If he woke up...

Finally, after 21 days in a coma, Yuu woke up. They had kept him there for observation and rehab so he could stand and walk and return to his normal life. Today? Today they were supposed to discharge him. "Morning sunshine.~" Nora cheerfully hummed as she walked into the room and opened the blinds. "Today we're getting you out of here. No more hospital food, no more cramped hospital bed, and no more needles prodding you for more blood. Back to campus living." Nora walked over to Yuu's bed and sat in the chair she had become so familiar with. "You excited? Nervous? You won't be slammed with all your classes at once, the Dean's agreed to let me help and ease you into your classes." Nora was unusually chipper today but she couldn't help it, she was over the moon excited.

Last edited:
Delphina

What. A. Whirlwind. Delphina was cast into sea and, much to everyone's surprise, didn't turn into water. She in fact reverted back to her mermaid state. Delphina swam back to shore and threw herself on top of Raven just in time to stop one of the elves from stabbing him with a knife. Unfortunately the knife plunged deep into her back. The knife was made out of some weird metal and it appeared to be coated in something. By the time Castor and the old Elf came to rescue them it had already gotten in her blood stream. The old elf used magic on them to ward off the enemy elves. They found out there was no making Delphina human again, but they could fake it. A necklace with a small piece of enchanted wood carved with small intricate runes was given to her. Whenever she wore it her fin separated into legs. It was the only thing they could do.

The poison made Delphina seize out once they had gotten on the RV. She couldn't remember what happened after that. By the time she woke up she was back in the states two weeks later. They placed her in a medically induced coma because of all of the seizing, it took two weeks to fully flush the poison from her system. The past two weeks they had been going through rehab getting her levels regulated, having probably over 60 bags of medicine pumped into her system. Honestly? Delphina didn't have the strength to fight it on her own, but with Raven? She was able to survive the whole grueling process. Almost all of her organs had failed her, it was hard to come back from something like that.

"Yes, dad. I'm getting released today. I'll be going back to the apartment and getting back in school. No, Nora the tutor? She'll be helping me. No worries, you don't have to fly in again this week. Yeah, I'll keep you in the loop. Uhuh, love you too dad." Delphina clicked the end call button with a small sigh. "I don't want to go back to class. How can I just go back pretending everything is normal?" Delphina gently touched the pendant around her neck. "Think Nora will do my homework for me until I graduate? I'm pretty sure she's doing all of Yuu's. Our classes are pretty similar."

Everest

The elves found Viola and Everest. They made a run for it. They caught up to Raven, Castor, the others and an old elf. Raven got Delphina on the RV. As they all went to run in to save the others Viola was grabbed. Everest tacked the elf and fought with him for a minute. Everest was stabbed before Everest managed to strangle him. The old elf put some spell on them to repel the bad elves. They were able to rescue the others and, when they got on the RV, Everest dropped and seized out like Delphina.

Everest was in a coma for three weeks. Like Delphina he was also in a medically induced coma. Their rooms were right next to each others since they were such special cases, a rare poison that hasn't been around in hundreds of years is hard to find a cure for. Everest picked up on nurse gossip late at night and from the sounds of it he would have to frequently come back for checkups, they were afraid he would never actually recover from what happened. He wasn't recovering as quickly as Delphina.

He would get stabbed a hundred times again and again to save Viola, he regretted nothing. She was his rock when it came to recovery. Everest never really had a family in this life, he went through the foster care system. Having Viola with him made him feel like someone actually cared for him, and despite the fact that he knew their social positions, he found himself letting his guard down around her all over again. Especially considering the fact that rehab whooped his ass and that Viola was the only thing that got him through it. Maybe it was Everest's weak human body but he wasn't recovering at the rate Delphina was. Everest would have to take it easy for the next few weeks, nothing too physical. He'd be lucky if he didn't need a wheel chair to wheel him around campus.

"Today? You're discharging me today?" Everest sat on the bed with his paperwork sprawled out on the bed, his icy blue eyes staring up at the nurse in astonishment. "Y-Yes, that sounds great. Thank you. I'm good to leave whenever you want to send me." He smiled slightly at the nurse as she left the room. His smile fell as soon as she stepped away. Was he ready to go back? He was still struggling to come to terms with what happened to him. The Dean said Everest was free to come back at any time though... "How am I going to do this?" Everest let out a loud sigh as he fell back into his pillow.

Castor

No one blamed themselves more for Marisol getting hurt than Castor did. She didn't want to split up but they did anyway. He should have stayed with her. The others tried to comfort him and tell him he was the one to find the blind ancient elf. The elderly elf helped them fend off the elves, she helped Delphina grow legs, she put spells on them all to keep them safe. What good did that do for Marisol's broken leg though?

He spent the whole last month skipping out on everything and staying by her side at the hospital. The coaches and professors and Dean didn't seem to mind thankfully. The femur was a bad break, and hers was practically shattered. They were able to piece it back together after a long and intense surgery but they said she'd have a noticeable limp for the rest of her life. She'd be in a cast for a while, she'd have a wheelchair for long distance and a cane for short distance. The doctors were just thankful that she'd be able to walk. Honestly Marisol would be in rehab for the next year at least.

"Today's the day." Castor walked in the hospital room with a bright smile on his face. He dropped a small mcdonalds bag in front of her, something he got her everyday since the breakfast here was awful. Start the day off right, right? "You excited to get out of here? I know if someone stabs you with one more needle you'll end up stabbing them in the neck with it." Castor gave a small chuckle as he sat next to her. Unfortunately Marisol's room had been away from everyone else's hospital rooms, they hadn't gotten the chance to catch up with the others other than through text.

Castor looked down at his phone with tired eyes. Most nights were plagued with nightmares, sleep was a very rare thing to get. He did his best to hide it though. "The others are getting out today too. Cool, huh?"

Marisol

Everyday spent since their battle in Germany was in complete agony. When everything started to go to shit, Marisol chose to be brave and mouthed off to one of the elves as she attempted to run past him after he was knocked down by one of the others. Unfortunately for her the elf then took her down and used the opportunity to smash her femur with his large boot. She only managed to get away with the help of the others. Now a month later she had undergone a serious surgery, a minor surgery and a whole lot of pain medication. And a whole lot of overbearing mom...

“Yes mom I swear! Please just stop!” Marisol whined as she flushed bright red and pushed her mom away from her with a small smile. Her mom had been teasing her about Castor coming to visit every day. Asking a million questions and wanting details. Marisol continuously told the woman there was nothing going on but her mom refused to listen. “Listen I’ll text you when I get back to the house and situated okay? I promise. Now if you don’t go you’re going to miss your flight.” Marisol have her mom a hug from where she sat in her bed and a giant smile before the woman left moments before Castor walked in.

“My morning savior!” Marisol gave him a cheesy smile before opening the bag and taking a giant bite of the breakfast sandwich. “You know with this much McDonalds and breakfast, my fat ass is going to be in a wheelchair a lot longer than I should be. Do you think the people on that one TV show make money?” Marisol had noticed Castor was in a mood ever since they left Germany, and no matter how many times she told him to stop skipping classes, he wouldn’t listen. When he sat down on the bed next to her she couldn’t help but smile at the familiar memory.

“Yeah everyone else is getting released too. Viola texted me to say she was Everest’s ride so she wouldn’t be at the house when I got back. But said everything was ready to go...” It was embarrassing but, they got a chair lift installed in the house. As well as a ramp out front. Marisol tried to explain that she could walk with a cane but Viola refused and the chapter kept saying this would look good anyways... another thing Viola wouldn’t drop. The party.

“By the way, I’m sure you’ve heard all about this welcome home party. Everyone is just going to use it as an excuse to get trashed but... I mean unless you already had plans for it.” Marisol tried her hardest to play it nonchalant, “Would you go with me?” She fought the urge to take it back or pretend like she misspoke but instead she just carried onto the next sentence. “Yeah and I already have my discharge shit so we can head out!”

Yuu

Everyone says being in a coma feels like you were just asleep, at least until you wake up and realize the physical strain on your body. That wasn’t the case for Yuu. In his coma he was plagued with the same nightmare over and over again for 21 straight days. The torture of dying alone. He knew it was a dream, he was aware of the fact that this wasn’t reality. But it was really starting to feel like hell.

When he finally woke up just the change of surroundings was enough to make him cry in joy and then the realization that Nora was there to help him? Even more so. She filled him in on everyone in the hospital and what’s as going on with school. It was insane to think that suddenly things were mostly back to normal after the total chaos they had gone through. Yuu wasn’t sure if this meant they were free finally... but he did know what for the last month no crazy shit tried to kill them.

“Well hello there.” Yuu smiled gently at Nora as she entered the room and began opening the curtains. The mention of campus life hurt his heart a tiny bit... Yuu was the captain of the hockey team and since they doctor was still deciding if he could be cleared to play, he wasn’t really sure what he would do. It sounded stupid in comparison to what they had gone through but his team meant a lot to him. “Right right. So what you mean is, doing mediocre in class and getting dragged to this party of Violas?” Yuu tried his best chuckle as he moved to stand up from the bed and ruffle Nora’s hair as she sat in her chair. “I’m going to get dressed real quick.”

Yuu went and changed from his pajamas into a pair of jeans and a hoodie with the hockey team logo on the front before heading back into the main room in time for the nurse to arrive with discharge papers. “Hell yeah!” Yuu cheered and signed the papers before turning to Nora with his hand outstretched, “Come on, I’m tired of hanging out with you in this place. Smells like death.”

Viola

Viola felt like the worst person on the planet for Everest getting hurt protecting her. Then she felt worse than that when his injury turned into a major hospitalization. Then she felt even worse when she couldn’t even be there for him like she wanted to be. While he was in his coma she tried to be there as best as she could but during their insane time escaping death, Violas program was scheduling their mandatory to graduate conference trip. Which meant a lot of meetings and a week long visit to DC. The entire time there she was absolutely terrified he would wake up to no one. Every day she called the hospital, hell more than once a day most of the time. Thankfully, he woke up the day she got back from her trip.

“Hey.” Viola spoke as she leaned into the doorway and gave Everest a small smile as he groaned in his hospital bed. “Not very adult of you sir.” She raised a brow and walked the rest of the way into the room, placing his things she had brought into the side table. In order to take charge of Everest’s duties, Viola had lied to the president of the university and told them that she was Everest’s intern for the remainder of the semester. That way she was able to get into his office at the school and try to keep his life as smooth as possible so that when he was able to go back it wouldn’t be insane.

“I brought you a change of clothes and some non hospital coffee. And a really hopeful invite to a sorority party?” Viola handed him the coffee cup with a sheepish smile. It was a long shot that he would come considering his job but... honestly she wanted him there. Viola had been planning this party with her sisters as a welcome home for Marisol but she wanted the others there too, especially the ones that had been in the hospital for so long.

“Oh and your appointments don’t even start until next week so don’t use that as an excuse.” Viola moved to lean against the wall as she looked down at her manicured nails. Everything about her life seemed so simple now compared to what had been happening. This party was probably stupid but it was her go to answer to trauma.

Raven

It was selfish but Raven was absolutely thrilled that Delphina even survived, was it with conditions, yes. But we’re they worth her life? He believed so. When Delphina got stabbed protecting him, Raven did everything he could to get her back to the RV and safe. He had no clue that the worst was yet to come for her. When they reached the hospital and she was placed into a medically induced coma, Raven wished it could be him instead. Why was it always her getting hurt because of him?

The month in the hospital, Raven would come visit every day after he was done teaching for the day. It had gotten him some... judgement.... from his superiors at the university. He used the excuse of being a family friend but it didn’t really ease the whispers and looks he got from his colleagues.

“Maybe we don’t tell our professor were planning on cheating.” Raven sighed and pushed up his glasses from his spot against the wall. “Everything will be okay Delphina. All your teachers know the situation and are willing to take it into consideration. Plus you have me... and everyone else. You don’t have to pretend in front of us. We know it’s not normal.” Raven moved a few steps closer to her, careful not to give her the hug he wanted to in public. “It’ll be okay. Im not letting anything bad happen again okay?”

Nora

The mention of the party made Nora shift in her chair uncomfortably. She wasn't a part goer to begin with but now that people were literally hunting them was it safe to be partying? They all had protection spells on them but how long would they work? Everyone seemed really excited about the party though. Delphina, Marisol, and Yuu would all be returning to campus soon and the whole campus was abuzz with excitement. The whole campus wanted to celebrate their good health, and Nora wanted to celebrate it too. "Right. The party." Nora gave a weak smile as Yuu walked into the bathroom to get dressed.

Nora took the moment to scroll through her phone. After Nora ghosted her now ex boyfriend he started to spread malicious rumors about her. Some were completely outrageous, but Nora was so focused on Yuu's recovery she couldn't keep up with all of the lies. Eventually the Dean caught wind of it and put a stop to it but the damage to her name had already been done. Now every time she opened her phone it was either some random student from campus asking if it was true , someone trolling her, or one of her ex's friends harassing her. She did her best to hide it from everyone.

When Yuu walked in she smiled up at him and slid her phone back in her pocket. "You actually still want to hang out with me? I thought you'd be tired of me being so overbearing." Nora took his hand and stood up next to him. Her fingers laced with his before walking him down to her car.

--

Nora stuck around Yuu for most of the day just to make sure he got settled in alright. She was terrified that something would happen to him. Later on she did had to leave to go back to her place to get ready for the party. Delphina told her she had to look cute. Nora ended up borrowing a black spaghetti strapped dress from Delphina's closet along with a pair of black wedges. She tossed her hair in a cute high ponytail and did her makeup before taking off to Yuu's place. "Yuu are you ready?" She knocked on the door gently before glancing down at her phone to see the time.

Delphina

Was it just her or was Raven more distant than before the coma? Maybe he was just nicer to her when she was dying, that or it was just her imagination. He was here every day with her though so he obviously cared about her. Right? "Right. Sorry, I'm just nervous about going back." She flashed a nervous smile at him and reached out to give his hand a quick, reassuring squeeze. The nurse walked in and Delphina dropped her hand in her lap. "Thank you." Delphina took the papers from her before she stood and grabbed her backpack packed with clothes, stepping into the bathroom to change. She pulled on the pink tee, black jeans, and pink sneakers. "You're still coming to the party right? Yuu is going with Nora, and I really don't want to go alone. Everest is coming, I know people are excited to see him back on campus. So if you don't come for me you should come for your colleague."

--

After two weeks of sitting in a hospital room and texting Nora at least 100 questions on campus rules and teacher rules Delphina came to a decisive decision to drop Ravens classes. So the first thing she did when she got to campus was go drop a few classes. People were so excited when they saw her and it made her smile, she hadn't expected people to miss her much. Delphina was already maxed out on credit hours so she dropped the class she had of Raven's and one of her music classes. The rest of the day she spent in her apartment trying to get ready for the damn party.

Nothing felt right, she just wanted to burn all of the pants in the closet. Taking the necklace off for the party wasn't an option, was it? Delphina finally settled on a pink lace cocktail dress. She had fishtail braided her hair so it fell down the front of her shoulder. By the time she was done it was ready to leave. Quickly she reached down to her phone to send a quick group text that she was on her way.

Delphina whined quietly as she slid her black heels on. They were stiff, uncomfortable, and she wanted to punt kick them across the room. She snatched up her keys, locked the apartment, and drove to the party.

Castor

"The wheelchair will be gone only when you're ready, we don't want you to fall and injure yourself even more." He was starting to sounding like her overbearing mother. At least they loved her enough to make sure she didn't feel alone during this process. From what Nora was saying Yuu's family didn't even come up to the hospital and Viola said Everest didn't have any family. He flashed her a small smile. "I'll come with you to the house and help you get settled in. I've got football practice and coach said this one was mandatory." Technically they were all mandatory but they were making special accommodations for him.

When Marisol asked him to go to the party with her his face flushed. "Damn, you beat me to the point. I was going to ask you when I wheeled you outta here. Touche, Marisol." Castor chuckled quietly and gave a small nod. "Yes, I'll happily go with you. We deserve to live a little tonight and get drunk right? Viola must think that alcohol will heal all the trauma we've been through." When she said she was all ready to go he nodded again and wheeled the wheelchair over to her.

Castor had brought his truck with him. He picked Marisol up to put her in the passenger seat and secured her chair in the back. When they got to the sorority house Castor helped her up the ramp and helped her in and out of the chair lift. He just wanted her to get the hang of it. Unfortunately he had to take off for practice, but he promised to be back in time for the party.

--

Practice was brutal. After a month of slacking on his exercises he was out of shape. Castor was usually so diligent, he wanted to be scouted and make it in the NFL. He needed to get back into the swing of things, it was just so hard when all he could do was worry about Marisol. The last time he left her she ended up getting her leg shattered. After practice he spent a good hour in the gym pushing his body to the limits. He didn't quit until he physically couldn't do more. Castor took a long hot shower before he tossed on a red button down shirt and black pants. He slicked his messy black hair back and hopped in his truck with a few of the football players.

Once to the sorority house he jumped out and walked into the house. "Wow everything looks great ladies." The party was about to start, he was right on time. He walked to the kitchen to grab a beer while he sent a quick text to Marisol. In kitchen getting a beer. All ready? Need anything?

Everest

"I'd be more of an adult about this if Delphina wasn't recovering faster than me." Everest was down in the dumps about it big time. He had never been weak before in his whole life. Now? Now a pink haired mermaid was healing faster than him. He wasn't much older than everyone, he shouldn't have been healing that slow. "Thank you very much, the coffee in here tastes like mud." He gave her a small smile as he sat up and took the cup and clothes from her. His brows arched curiously as she invited him to the sorority party as he took a sip from the steaming cup. At first he was going to turn her invite down; he was a teacher, him attending any sort of party was inappropriate. But Viola had done so much for him while he was in the coma, she had even lied to the president of the school about being his intern. In all honesty he owed her.

"Oh, fine. Just this once. It's a celebration of everyone's good health, right? As the guidance counselor for most of the school I feel it's necessary to celebrate with everyone." He was sure Raven would be in attendance as well, it wouldn't be too weird if he went. "Right, I'm going to get changed and then we can head out."

--

Everest refused the wheelchair. He wouldn't stand for too long and if he felt fatigued he'd sit and catch his breath. That was the deal. Viola drove him home and he insisted he could handle everything from there, he promised to be there for the party. So the rest of the day Everest was held up in his townhouse cleaning and going through more of his endless supply of paperwork. At about 6 o'clock Everest slowly made his way up the stairs to change into a form fitting gray sweater and black slacks. Once he was done he went down to his SUV and drove a few blocks to the sorority house.

With a small wince he stood from the car and made his way inside as other students started to pile in the house. Several of them stopped Everest and chatted him up for a few minutes. It made him happy to see how so many of them cared. "Right guys, let's get inside and have a fun time." Everest shown them all a bright smile as they made their way into the sorority house.

When Castor dropped her off, all the girls in the house instantly flocked to her and asked her a million questions. About what happened. About how she felt. About why they were gone so long. The unofficial official answer was; independent study. Marisol very well couldn’t tell people her femur got broken by someone stomping on it as they were fighting elves... so instead she had been sticking with the story of a scooter accident in Germany.

Marisol and everyone gossiped for a while before a couple of the girls offered to stay and help Marisol get ready for the party. It had been a while since she felt like herself. Since the day they ran off she had been borrowing others clothes and wearing little makeup if any. In the hospital she had been rough and hadn’t been able to wear any of her piercings or jewelry. So now she was going to take the opportunity to go all out. In the time they had until the first people would start showing up, Marisol got her roots and hair dyed back to their normal vibrant yellow. She straightened her hair that now hit her hips and parted it down the middle, pinning each side back with little black pins. Her makeup consisted of a heavy cat liner and dramatic lashes with a swipe of sparkly lip gloss. Then came the outfit, it was hard getting on the short plaid black and red skater skirt over her leg brace but she got there. On top she wore a long sleeve black turtle neck that was tucked in and secured with a chain belt. Her feet had to remain barefoot so she didn’t absolutely kill herself but oh well.

“Right yeah!” Marisol nodded as one of her sisters peaked into the room and let her know people were here. Next to her the new cell phone she had bought chimed and she smiled at the screen before shoving the thing in the pocket of her skirt and grabbing her cane.

Downstairs she limped into the kitchen and found Castor, leaning against the wall before gently hitting him with the end of her cane. “Hey the puke couch is in the other room big guy.” Marisol smirked before finishing the few painful steps over to the counter and leaned against it, setting her cane back against the ground. A few people gave her strange looks but a quick glare finished that. “But to answer your question I would love a drink yeah.”

Yuu

“Yeah I understand. I guess I’m just thankful it’s not longer. I was hoping to be okay by next weekend but a month will have to do.” Yuu frowned as he spoke into the phone to his coach. The decision had finally been made that he needed to wait four weeks before getting back on the ice. The decision killed him but there was nothing he could do but deal with it and show up to support his team. It all around felt like Yuu was losing himself ever since their lives turned upside down. Delphina and him were different, though he had come to terms with that. His family felt like strangers and they didn’t even come to the hospital... Nora and him were closer but still awkward. And now this... it just sucked. Maybe some partying would do him well.

Yuu finished getting dressed, sorority parties at Violas sorority were always cocktail hour attire despite them drinking out of warm kegs and frat boys ruining the damn place. Yuu wore a pair of navy pants with a plaid button up shirt on top. His long shaggy white hair was tucked behind his ears and he was ready to go.

“Hey man your ... friend ... is here!” One of the boys yelled from downstairs and Yuus eyebrows furrowed slightly. A few of the guys had made some comments and jokes about Nora after she dropped him off but when Yuu shut them down they started acting a little weird.

Yuu headed downstairs and opened the front door. “Well good evening mi’lady.” His heart jumped into his throat and his face flushed a little as he closed the door behind himself. “You look good.” He cleared his throat and scratched at the back of his neck a little. “So let’s get over there then I suppose...” I

Viola

Viola had spent her time after getting home by obsessing over every single detail of this damn party. She was a legend for convincing the two most popular faculty members on campus to show up to a Greek row party. On top of that it was the first Alpha Delta Pi event of the semester thanks to their president going missing. So this had to be amazing. They were known for killer parties. But Viola didn’t let any trash go down. There were standards.

“That should do it.” Viola sat back and smiled at the now damn near empty living room. All furniture had been moved and locked in the basement thanks to some of their friends at Castors fraternity. The living room had music blaring and lights flashing. The pool in the back yard was filled with floats and lights. The kitchen held so much beer it was insane and a disgusting amount of jungle juice. Viola was already dressed and ready. Her makeup was perfectly done and her platinum hair was in gentle waves around her shoulders. A tight strapless deep green dress hugged what little curve she had down to her lower thigh and a pair of silver heels adorned her feet.

Just as they finished the door began to open and her sisters started letting people in.

Sorority Viola was in full swing; killer smile, drink in hand, socializing with everyone. Then a small commotion occurred at the door and she turned to look. First she saw Marisol and Castor in the kitchen. Then her eyes fell on the students falling to Everest’s feet as he walked in. At least he kept his promise. A ... giant ... part of her grew jealous as she watched girls flirt. Men were too nice and completely fucking clueless.

Viola strolled passed and tossed her hair over her shoulder as she entered the kitchen, she poured a beer from the keg before giving Marisol a wink before heading back to the entry way. “Girls let’s not crowd. Welcome to our house.” Viola held out the drink to Everest with a soft smile as she joined the group. “Thanks for accepting my invite. Drinks are in the kitchen when you need a refill.” Or a rest, he didn’t need to over do it. But Viola couldn’t be too personable out loud around all these people. Right now they weren’t friends, he was her superior at her university and technically her boss.

Raven

Raven had gotten the email about Delphina dropping his classes just as he was getting ready to leave his house for this party that he wanted nothing to do with. Honestly? Part of him was relieved but a much larger part was kind of angry. If it had something to do with her injury and needing to have less classes than he would understand but if that was the case why drop the class you were guaranteed a good grade in?! Raven wouldn’t cheat for her but he also wouldn’t let her not understand the material. And why didn’t she talk to him first? He wasn’t stupid. He knew the truth. But he wanted to hear it from her.

Raven headed to the party and sat in his car for a long time before working up the nerve to head in. He was stopped a few times by students to which he politely chatted before excusing himself but eventually he made his way into the house bustling with his students. This was a terrible idea. He could talk to her later right? Well he was already here so.

Across the room he caught sight of her pink hair and stormed over to her, grabbing her by her arm gently but strictly before yelling over the music. “We need to talk.” He lead her out of the loud room and up the stairs, following the hallway and pushing at doors until he found what he could only assume was their study. He pulled her inside and let the door shut behind him before turning to her with a furrowed brow.

“Tell me why you dropped my class.”

Delphina

When Raven pulled Delphina aside she told the truth. She loved him. The only reason she was taking the class was to admire him during class time. For them to be together they couldn't be teacher and student could they? He couldn't be her teacher. She thought he would have been happy. Raven was mad, and angry. Delphina was drunk, hopeful that he shared similar feelings, after all she did this for him. To be rejected by the only person she had ever truly wanted? To have his stupid classes take precedence over both of their happiness? It broke her.

Delphina started to cry. Never before did she cry or feel real heartbreak, not even in the last life. He betrayed her and broke her spirit. Delphina hated herself for being so stupid for loving someone as cold and cruel as him. For the past two lives he made her so happy, he made her feel safe, he made promises to never let her get hurt. Who knew he'd be the one to hurt her? Through sobs she told him she wished she never met him. She turned and ran out the door and down the stairs, out the door and to her car. Normally she knew well enough not to drink and drive but she wasn't thinking straight. The keys turned and the pink jeep started. Quickly she peeled out of the space she was in. There was only one place she wanted to go. The 80 mile car ride was full of sniffles, tears, sadness, and anger towards humanity. Raven loved her when he was a Raven. Humanity, that job, it all took away the love of her life.

Thankfully the pink jeep came to a safe stop on the beach. Delphina stepped from the car and felt the ocean air hit her and she instantly felt comforted. The ocean waves called to her. "Goodbye, guys...I can't be around humans anymore..." With a small sniffle Delphina slid the necklace off and fell to the ground once it was in her hand. Her legs instantly turned to a fin. This? This felt right. Delphina tossed the necklace on the drivers seat, slammed the door shut, and crawled into the ocean. This was her home now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back