• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Real Heroes Are The Friends You Made Along The Way (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Redfork2000 Redfork2000 virgilrey virgilrey Bloody_Death Bloody_Death ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Zariel Zariel AstroNeko54 AstroNeko54 PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Mystic Butterfly Mystic Butterfly 12sankaku 12sankaku Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

Hop on over to the lore page for a quick read and get to drafting characters. We're going to do this thing. I still have to update the notable people sections and local legends, but the main gist of the world should be there. If you have any questions, tag me and I'll do my best to answer. Also, I'm updating the world map in the main thread with a little more detail.

What sorts of spirits/patrons might one be fused with?
I'm torn between that or being a beast tamer...or somewhere inbetween if possible

What sorts of spirits/patrons might one be fused with?
I'm torn between that or being a beast tamer...or somewhere inbetween if possible
For example: one could take on the spirit of a dragon and gain the elemental magics and special resistances associated. Being combined with a friendly nature spirit could yield more of an affinity to nature. You could even be fused with the soul of an adventurer or hero long passed and gain their skills and knowledge. You can use whatever name you wish for your spirits, but here are some further examples:

Salamander, ancient dragon and patron of fire: Grants manipulation of his domain of flames as well as near immunity to heat. Special skill is breathing fire and a draconic state that threatens to consume the user if they are not careful.
Undina, spirit of water and patron of tranquility: Grants manipulation over the domains of water and water breathing. Special skills entail healing and calming magics, ebbing and flowing in strength depending on the phases of the moon and nearby bodies of water.
Paralda, king of the air and patron of wild freedom: Grants manipulation of wind magics and the gift of flight. Special skills manifest in the form of powerful winds linked to the casters emotions.

For you might suggest a Child of Gaia, nature spirit, for a beast tamer: allowing the communication and affinity with beasts and the special skills of being able to summon tamed beasts at will.

Alright, sounds good. Wanted to get an idea for what you're wanting. Also, I like that idea.
Outside of that I can jazz it up however I want then?

Aboslutely, jazz it up. Obviously I don't want a bunch of super OP characters, although you'll all obviously be stronger than normal folk around you, but I want everyone to have fun with their characters.

with that in mind, would you prefer the summoning being a magical- suddenly brought immediately or call from any distance with a delay for arrival

I'll leave that up to you. A magical summoning wouldn't be out of the question. The summoning would of course be draining to the caster depending on the strength of the creature summoned.

Sounds good. I'm working on some of the notable people in the world and some of the local info in the lore section. They probably wont impact character creation too much at this point but the information is there.

It looks good. There's some interesting bits of drama going on.
Well I'm calling it a night, will finish my character tomorrow. Also, whats the time range for how long they might have been there?

Anywhere between a couple days and a couple years should be fine. That's going to be more dependant on how you want to work your backstory.

How will superspeed work!
The source of your power is entirely up to you. As far as application goes, it would feed off your life force similar to magic or maybe your metabolism, so going an extended period in a state of superspeed would drain your body over that period of time. Pushing yourself to greater speed would drain you faster and so on.

Basically, you can be as fast as the plot allows.
Good luck at the new job
Thanks, it was fairly pleasant. So as far as the Chimera goes, I'll let you control it's actions and combat and whatnot. I do want to note that bringing a Chimera into pretty much any town is an invitation to trouble. Even a baby one. Also that most folks will be very single minded about beasts and monsters, a fight first response in most cases.

Also that the beasts will still somewhat fall to their nature if left unsupervised. Hitching up a Griffin outside the tavern will probably end up with a couple of curious adventurers without heads.

Are you saying I should or shouldn't bring it into town? lol
Would you rather I ditch those parts then? Maybe the Griffin could have a muzzle bridle thing for to help prevent that bit

Last edited:
I you saying I should or shouldn't bring it into town? lol
Would you rather I ditch those parts then? Maybe the Griffin could have a muzzle bridle thing for to help prevent that bit
What you choose to do is entirely up to you. Think of it like someone walking a polar bear through a Walmart. It's got a cute little collar and leash, but at the same time it's also a polar bear where polar bears probably shouldn't be. It will more than likely cause some commotion.
I was thinking of a guy who works in the Heroes guild. A kitchen staff or something maybe. Sensei Fox Sensei Fox
That sounds like an interesting idea.

Fair enough. That reminded my of this.
Also may I offer you an absurd situation in hopes it makes you laugh.
images
But
acdee95c25f71dd9a79ef549287e0a0f.jpg

instead
of dog

Anyways, would it be possible for her to get away with it in the guild hall or like just Britestalia though just sheer reputation. If not I'll just ditch the cub, I'm not overly attached to that idea.
Other than that does the griffin muzzle work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back