• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Real Heroes Are The Friends You Made Along The Way (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
well, he could always grow out of being timid and shy.
It just needs time or a very good reason for it to happen.
For example, even if Viole now is friendly to Leon it doesn't mean he sees him as a friend since his personality(Viole's that is) and it will take a very good reason for him to truly like him.
And to be honest the second part of his personality tab is because of his past as in it might change depending on how things play out.
Also, I might have dealt in half-truths when I wrote rumors for Viole. Those that understand what i mean can try finding which one is it based on the things hidden in the cs.
Although it might spoil future actions or at least motives behind things for Viole.
Yeah i always add a little twist into a character and a way for people to find what the twist is, even though now i do it mostly without thinking it became so much of a habit now.

well, he could always grow out of being timid and shy.
It just needs time or a very good reason for it to happen.
For example, even if Viole now is friendly to Leon it doesn't mean he sees him as a friend since his personality(Viole's that is) and it will take a very good reason for him to truly like him.
And to be honest the second part of his personality tab is because of his past as in it might change depending on how things play out.
Also, I might have dealt in half-truths when I wrote rumors for Viole. Those that understand what i mean can try finding which one is it based on the things hidden in the cs.
Although it might spoil future actions or at least motives behind things for Viole.
Yeah i always add a little twist into a character and a way for people to find what the twist is, even though now i do it mostly without thinking it became so much of a habit now.
Mmm, delicious character growth. Honestly can't tell which of the rumors it is so looking forward to it ^ _ ^

I also think some uncertainty or intrigue never hurts a character. I don't try to add twists these days (it takes more effort to make a cs ambiguous just enough for the twist to work without it looking like a retcon) but it's nice to see someone pull it off

ok, I re-read my cs and lets just say i might have done more work hiding the twist that i by mistake made another twist in it. Ok i will stop counting here but hell we keep on finding more of them and I'm getting scared of my own CS. Like how the heck did i make a lot of twists in a minimal CS and i didn't even realize i did them when i was writing them.
What liquid courage does to people is scary.

The real plot twist is the fact that there wasn't a twist at all!

OooOOOooooO~

when there are so many small twists that it goes whole 360 and it ends with no twists
but i will recount them when I'm wake up since then my meds should stop working since in the worst case i might have counted 1 twist 5 times atleast
ok there are way less twists now that I'm not on meds there are only 2 well 3 if we count that one.

Last edited:
Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre is going to wait a little on his intro, so I'm gonna shoehorn some plot into the IC in a little bit to get things really rolling. If not tonight, I'll try to post tomorrow morning.

If anime has taught me anything, touching the ears can be forgiven. You only touch the tail if you wish to die.

Everybody gangs up on her to touch her ears. It'll be the greatest alliance

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Tenses are hard,
Superglue

Guys I need your thoughts on something. 🙏

He opened his mouth and promptly closed it. No, two apologies in a row would make a terrible first impression. He should play it cool, like he meant it.

Does adding future tense while narrating in the past seem confusing? I've been doing it for a while but idk people don't say it when things are confusing.

Maybe "would have" and "should have" if you want it to stay past tense. It's not so confusing though that someone wouldn't understand what you're trying to convey.

Welll it wasn't confusing to me. But I think the 'should' could be in past-tense. Maybe like "It would be better to play it cool" But the should is perfectly fine. That's just what I think.

I think the would is perfect the way it is. Because that's Daichi thinking about a what if, so if it didn't happen it can't really be past-tense. I also am not the best in grammar. So LOL

As long as its understood its okay in my book. and i did see a few bad ways of writing for example a person used all 3 times while writing in every single sentence.
So what you are doing is okay but don't do time seesaw since i will have hard time reading that.
Especially since English is my second language and my mental disease that sometimes makes my reading ability fail.

Maybe "would have" and "should have" if you want it to stay past tense. It's not so confusing though that someone wouldn't understand what you're trying to convey.
Welll it wasn't confusing to me. But I think the 'should' could be in past-tense. Maybe like "It would be better to play it cool" But the should is perfectly fine. That's just what I think.

I think the would is perfect the way it is. Because that's Daichi thinking about a what if, so if it didn't happen it can't really be past-tense. I also am not the best in grammar. So LOL

Aye, thanks!

It's just that if I write this:

He opened his mouth and promptly closed it. No, two apologies in a row would have made a terrible first impression. He should have played it cool, like he had meant it.

It feels like I'm describing something that happened in the past before he opened his mouth. Idk honestly. You've convinced me that I probably should consult with a native speaker on this.
As long as its understood its okay in my book. and i did see a few bad ways of writing for example a person used all 3 times while writing in every single sentence.
So what you are doing is okay but don't do time seesaw since i will have hard time reading that.
Especially since English is my second language and my mental disease that sometimes makes my reading ability fail.
Yeah, I've also seen things go very wrong. I just want others to be able to read my stuff without having to go back and decipher the meaning 😅

I usually write while exhausted from work and slightly delirious from dehydration. If it all comes out as English, I'm fairly happy.

If anyone ever asks you if you want to take up security contracting in addition to your 9-5 job during a pandemic, tell them they're absolutely insane. Posting will resume shortly.

Sensei Fox Sensei Fox
Oh, sorry I misspelled Calcifer's name lol

CA6700_98-IMS-lt_LT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back