• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy "The Queen’s ball is tonight, but with this weather will anyone come?" OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'd suggest add background thoughts. One thing I do, that in my case comes off as kinda bad socially for my character this time, is carefully guide people through how I'm thinking of a response. So like instead of just "Oh I appreciate that. I also like that team. I thought they had a good run yesterday." You can use inner thoughts, stories, ideas, basically just walk through your characters thought process by making observations.

Part of what gets lost in some writing explanations is that how you write how the character comes to conclusions in what they see and think when they come to decisions is lost. So for example if your character is money focused. Every statement is thought of through that leanse. your thoughts are going that way.

So you might write..."Oh I appreciate that." good to make that statement. Not often you meet a fan this far out of town. Really not that far out of state. "I also like that team." The fact that he watched that game live also shows that he is dedicated. I wonder if he watches the game all the time. "I thought they had a good run yesterday." let's see if he knows about some of there past performances compared to this one. Hope he saw that one game, man that was a good game.

Sorry for length. I think good writing is cool. I kinda nerd about plot and story. Hope you got something or not lol.

Like when I was thinking of how to write a character, I just started with the question. If I like myself, was at a real ball where the state and diplomacy was resting on my shoulders what would I feel like, what would I be thinking about. How would i see everybody and everything. I obviously haven't been trained for it, like if you gave me a normal person role I could probably google it, or work on it and be fine. So the character just comes from just thinking. Holy cow how would I walk in the door. You have to step a certain way, bow a certain way. Say the right greeting to not offend people. So just right there I have a good few entries just figuring out how to get in the door. Though obviously this doesn't work if you want to make a character not like yourself. This is just to say you can write by seeing the world through your characters eyes. If they've traveled a lot and seen every thing. Everything is kinda boring. If there really good at formality. Just a walk in the park. If there more interested in food or war or whatever. They won't care much for other stuff and focus on that.

Sorry for post 2. I'm using this as my outlet/break in between some work.

Yeah, it's fine and I get it! I just have a thing where I think if I write too little I'm subpar but if I write too much I might give away my secrets and I would very much like to keep my secrets!

RayneIlStorm RayneIlStorm what startergomer startergomer said but also like reflections on past decisions, the character’s psychological and emotional state, any of the five senses etc etc etc is what usually gets me through my extremely long responses. You can even include tidbits of their childhood life and relationships with friends and siblings and how they’ve changed in an effective reply, I don’t know. Plans for the future can also work. Philosophical questions, you can even ask them to the person you’re writing with like “I wonder what they dream about” and then they can pick up on it and answer in their next response. Putting this all down on paper is pretty hard but, you get the point.

Also sometimes you want to change the tone or mood of what you’re writing, and that’s a great opportunity to add in some more words with the right connotations until the post really has the mood that you want! If I figure out any more I will let you know but I will continue posting tomorrow since I need to go to bed for today ~

Don't feel to bad man. I think your actually doing great. Hard to flesh out motivations when your motivations are secret. I like seeing your stuff and I think you'll do a good job. Have a good one as well snowstorm.

I’m so glad you’re here! (: I had the same issue and now obsessively refresh the site, check emails and the pages themselves to see if anyone has posted something new LOL. I am SO excited for Melusine! I should probably shoot you a message about some plot ideas I have, maybe.

But I’m looking forward to seeing you write and build your characters 😊

Yeah, go ahead and shoot me a message whenever you're ready! I'm excited to incorporate her and discuss some ideas :)

I tried to draw Rile in the Fire Emblem: Three Houses style but I don't think I did it well enough. Oh well, at least I still get another pic of Rile!

Anyways, look at it:
Rile Fire Emblem.png

@Raynellstorm Oh wow you’re an artist too! I love that you’re drawing your character. It looks amazing. Very cool. I hope to draw mine soon!!! I’m big into realism artwise 😊 I’ll definitely share when I do

These are like kinda old except the first but yeah this is some of mine 😊 Hope to draw my characters soonish when I get the time

Attachments

• 7F41224C-A900-4F29-9E6A-6B6C29865F62.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 97BC8EA7-C6CF-4438-8E2C-AA492F37A3EC.png
    97BC8EA7-C6CF-4438-8E2C-AA492F37A3EC.png
    361.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 57166BD4-18BC-49A6-9B54-E930FC720CF1.jpeg
    57166BD4-18BC-49A6-9B54-E930FC720CF1.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 202B07E0-38E6-4A2E-ADAA-4403E9983302.jpeg
    202B07E0-38E6-4A2E-ADAA-4403E9983302.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3
  • A322FBDA-6D70-4475-A966-C78DE24C9674.jpeg
    A322FBDA-6D70-4475-A966-C78DE24C9674.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3
So cool! Those flowers are amazing and I love the gloomy atmosphere in the fourth one

Thanks guys!!! I studied art and design in college and these are actually from the year before 😊 I work full time in design now.

Also, I’m adding a new rule to the front page when it comes to time passed since last interaction. If three days have gone by since the last responding post in-rp, whoever is involved in that interaction is free to have their characters move on and interact with somebody else’s character unless there’s a prior agreement between the people involved to wait 😊 Let me know if you guys agree with that or if I should add something. Thank you!

I’m also sorry I haven’t written for a day, I promise I’m still here but I’m mostly waiting on Saavedra Saavedra and GrieveWriter GrieveWriter to respond first so I can do a more thorough thing and incorporate it. And then give Saric his grand introduction (: No rush to anyone, I know that the weekend is only just beginning and my week was crazy busy irl too.

Of course I have open characters for those who are hanging out~ You don’t have to ask permission to interact, they’re really only occupied for exposition purposes 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back