• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy "The Queen’s ball is tonight, but with this weather will anyone come?" OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'll admit to being uniquely qualified for making countries.

Used to be one of the standard players in the Nation Building roleplays back in the day before they fell out of general relevance. I've made way too many nations for it to really be an issue anymore.

Ughhhhh, making a country is so difficult! Why did I have to make a prince! I'm writing so much just on the king and queen! I haven't even gotten to the country's resources or culture or religion or anything! I honestly don't even know how to write a country.

Oh you totally don’t have to go too in depth about it, unless you want 😊 I’m still working on the history of Hadria as well. It’s the present that’s the most significant 😉

Also, so magic exists, right? What are the rules of it and can anyone just learn it or do you have to be born with it or?

I think I kind of touched on that on the first page of the RP, where I mentioned that humans can have supernatural traits such as shape shifting, and also be something like a witch or a sorcerer, but no elves faeries or mermaids or something crazy like that. Actually quite like Game of Thrones when you think about it? Dragons may or may not have existed at one point but they’re only legends, for the most part. Does that make sense? If you have something specific in mind you can always ask me, I just didn’t want the fantasy element of this to dominate everything lol.

Finally got that post out, prolly took longer than I needed to.

Will think about stuff to write about Whilden in the Lore in a bit, but then again I've already written out a lot through the IC

Finally got that post out, prolly took longer than I needed to.

Will think about stuff to write about Whilden in the Lore in a bit, but then again I've already written out a lot through the IC

Oh it’s so worth the wait every time. Skalden and Leopold play off each other so well! And they’re almost there I’m so excited. I think they should run into Wymond’s party while they’re on their way out to the village to find the prince; would give them some peace of mind to know they’ve arrived safely.

That is true and I always make notes on lore when I have the time so that I can use it for plot purposes later on 😊 I’m glad I was able to add all the characters today, it’s slowly coming together into what I would like it to be.

For me, my goal is to make Rile as fun and unlikeable as I possibly can without getting him killed! That or I just manage to make him unlikeable on accident then cry when nobody likes him. I haven't really decided yet on which one I want

For me, my goal is to make Rile as fun and unlikeable as I possibly can without getting him killed! That or I just manage to make him unlikeable on accident then cry when nobody likes him. I haven't really decided yet on which one I want

You’re an absolute riot. I do that all the time. His fellow characters may hate him, but every writer smiles upon a character whose sole purpose is to provoke another character to punch them in the face.

Agreed, a little face punching now and then adds to the fun xD

Also poking away at a little worldbuilding, location wise I’m thinking Muirland is one of the isles of Denmark such as Zealand though the Muirland of then is likely much different than it is in the present story. The predecessors of the Halloran family and most of the people of Isenmont are very loosely based off of the Normans, a group of Vikings who settled in France and eventually swore fealty to Charles III of West Francia. Where Isenmont fief would be located exactly I’m not sure 😅 anywhere close to mountains works.

Okay, went and made a whole bunch of stuff about Whilden in the Lore Thread.

Will probably come up with more eventually, but I'll leave that for then.

OKAY SO I HAD A SHORT DREAM ABOUT THIS: So, before anyone asks how Rile knew that Amalia and her father were talking about him, he just knows that they said his name. He has no clue what they were talking about past that. You know when somebody says something that doesn't have a word in their language but does in another language and they just say the word in the other language? That's what people do with names! Unless they have a phonetic translation, then they just say the name with clunky phonetics...

Anyways, I just wanted to say this because for some reason I had a dream about this situation specifically

OKAY SO I HAD A SHORT DREAM ABOUT THIS: So, before anyone asks how Rile knew that Amalia and her father were talking about him, he just knows that they said his name. He has no clue what they were talking about past that. You know when somebody says something that doesn't have a word in their language but does in another language and they just say the word in the other language? That's what people do with names! Unless they have a phonetic translation, then they just say the name with clunky phonetics...

Anyways, I just wanted to say this because for some reason I had a dream about this situation specifically
that makes sense! i assumed it would be something along those lines!

Just wanted to say that if you guys, snowstorm and kath, want to walk up and start talking to my character you guys can. I'm just standing with violets character right now so we could do a four way dialogue. I'm sure it would be fun if you want to do something like that. No pressure of course, just wanted to say if you want to I'm open for that.

Just wanted to say that if you guys, snowstorm and kath, want to walk up and start talking to my character you guys can. I'm just standing with violets character right now so we could do a four way dialogue. I'm sure it would be fun if you want to do something like that. No pressure of course, just wanted to say if you want to I'm open for that.
That sounds good to me! I just didn't want to be interrupting if y'all were in the middle of a conversation.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the feedback! Definitely encouraging to hear your writing is well received. I have to give you props, though, because I think your character is also really well written. I think its shaping up to be a great ic interaction!

Thank you too! I'm really new at this and I've been winging it a little bit so it's totally great to hear that it's going well. I'm excited to see how this interaction turns out too!

That sounds good to me! I just didn't want to be interrupting if y'all were in the middle of a conversation.

Same here, good to know and I love to see you guys are interacting now 😊 It looks like my next reply will be largely me writing by myself and doing a LOT of fun exposition stuff. ☺️

I’m so excited to develop Adelina and Markolf jdgsffsjsjshsgsg

Oh my gosh, I've missed so much and I'm so sorry! My email has not been giving me notifications, so I just came on to the site because I was like "yo it's been weirdly quiet..." and BOOM so much has happened! Aaaaahhhhh

Okay okay I promise to have a lengthy response posted tomorrow! So sorry for the hecking big wait ! I will have a hearty post prepared for tomorrow and also I'm going to bring in Melusine I think, so if anyone feels like interacting with a clairvoyant mistress of mischief...here she be!

And honestly startergomer startergomer I'm so excited to see Walter and Cass' friendship unfold! Not sure what she's going to be doing as she's just kind of wandering right now since she feels so lost and out of place in the castle, but yay!

This was a long post to check in hahah but I'm still alive and so sorry for being radio silent again! Gotta fix my notifications up stat

Great to have you back! And no problem. I can't wait to see Walter and Cass's friendship too. Should be fun. Though kath.....hurts so much to see the awkwardness lol. Great work.

Oh my gosh, I've missed so much and I'm so sorry! My email has not been giving me notifications, so I just came on to the site because I was like "yo it's been weirdly quiet..." and BOOM so much has happened! Aaaaahhhhh

Okay okay I promise to have a lengthy response posted tomorrow! So sorry for the hecking big wait ! I will have a hearty post prepared for tomorrow and also I'm going to bring in Melusine I think, so if anyone feels like interacting with a clairvoyant mistress of mischief...here she be!

And honestly startergomer startergomer I'm so excited to see Walter and Cass' friendship unfold! Not sure what she's going to be doing as she's just kind of wandering right now since she feels so lost and out of place in the castle, but yay!

This was a long post to check in hahah but I'm still alive and so sorry for being radio silent again! Gotta fix my notifications up stat

I’m so glad you’re here! (: I had the same issue and now obsessively refresh the site, check emails and the pages themselves to see if anyone has posted something new LOL. I am SO excited for Melusine! I should probably shoot you a message about some plot ideas I have, maybe.

But I’m looking forward to seeing you write and build your characters 😊

Every time I read my responses back and find the easiest to avoid typos I have a mini stroke

Like why does my phone autocorrect like that lmao

This is why I give everybody else a break on their grammar 😅 It’s the thought that counts.

Every time I read my responses back and find the easiest to avoid typos I have a mini stroke

Like why does my phone autocorrect like that lmao

This is why I give everybody else a break on their grammar 😅 It’s the thought that counts.

Oof same, also kudos for typing out posts on your phone that sounds overwhelming. XD
What I dread the most when rereading my responses is realizing if I’d thought on it a little longer or gave it a little space I could’ve done something different that would’ve possibly made it better.

For me, it's seeing how short my responses are compared to everyone else's! I always feel like I could have written more but I know for a fact that that is false, because if I could have written more there would be more! Any tips on how to add more to my responses?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back