• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Other Side (Closed)

Characters
Here

Pax Pardus Hale

The Ink Shop
A thousand years ago the world was one. Humans, animals, and all the mythical creatures lived in the same world together. The creatures had rules they lived by and never revealed their true nature to the humans, and up until a thousand years ago most of the creatures lived in peace with the humans. That is until a creature fell in love with a human. She accepted him as he was. The village? They did not. Rumor spread across the world that creatures were real and it set civilization into a downward spiral. Humans that were once their friends started to kill anyone found to be a creature. The creatures were scared for their lives. A powerful Witch which was said to rule both the sun and moon gathered all the creatures in the world and created a portal to a new world, a world that they could live in without humans. When they left they erased the existence of creatures and magic from the human minds, as well as taking all of the magic with them.

The new world was large. Some creatures set off to make a life of their own but the rest stayed to follow the powerful witch. She built the town of Holly around the portal they came through,so they could protect it and make sure no one crossed it. It was safer this way. The witch ended up becoming a queen to everyone. She was the one that guided them through the dark times and led them through the portal to safety, she was loved by all.

--

The years went on and the witch had a family. Her daughter shared the same power as she did, and so did her daughter and the daughter after that. It was hereditary, so it was no shocked that the 10th generational daughter would have the powers. Who would have thought that there would have been two girls instead of just one? Queen Cora and was ecstatic, she gave birth to two healthy girls on Halloween night. One girl received the power of the sun and the other received the power of the moon, they each received their respective sun or moon beautiful pendants. What once was a town was now a kingdom and they were all excited for the birth of their new princesses.

Unfortunately not everyone loved the royal family. As the prophecy stated "A thousand years of peace will end with darkness". The peace ended when a darkness stormed the castle. The darkness came to take the power away from the princesses, but the Queen was prepared. She gave the girls to her advisers, told them to get the girls through the portal where the darkness couldn't find them. The Queen stayed to protect the castle and her subjects. The advisers sneaked through the hidden dungeon to emerge in front of the portal. From there they entered the forbidden human world and left the girls at an orphanage before they returned through the portal to help with the darkness.

--

Our story starts 21 years after the girls were dropped off at the orphanage.​

Hazel

A typical 21st birthday party consisted of drinking and usually some bar hopping. For Hazel and Willow? Hazel had a test to study for and Willow was usually sleeping as soon as the sun went down. They were going to settle for an evening of popcorn, a few drinks and a movie. After classes Hazel, Willow, and Ian got to their off campus apartment and found a red sealed envelope taped to their door. They had to break the wax seal to open the envelope to find a letter. It was handwritten, cursive and old fashion like. Hazel and Willow Keene, you are cordially invited to a celebration in your honor. It would be rude not to go to a party held in their honor...but it didn't say who it was from. Their parents were out of town with Ian's parents, it couldn't have been them. Hazel wasn't close to many people and neither was Willow. It was a little suspicious. Thankfully Ian insisted on going with them.

Hazel brushed out her long raven wavy locks and tossed on a yellow knitted beanie. The 5'2" pale young woman buttoned up her black and white checkered short sleeved shirt and slid on a pair of black skinny jeans, slipping into a pair of black wedges afterwards. As she looked herself over in the mirror she touched the intricate and gorgeous moon pendant around her neck. Their birth parents left each girl with a pendant and it was Hazel's most prized possession. All she wanted was the chance to meet her birth parents and find out why they were abandoned, the pendant was a clue but she couldn't figure out what to. Maybe this was an invite from them? "Ha. Right." Don't be an idiot.

Hazel slipped the black cardigan on over her thin arms. Her black manicured nails tapped against her leg as she looked at the clock. "Alright you guys ready?" Her dark brows arched curiously as she picked up the keys to her new black Charger.

Ian

Today was a happy day. Today was his best friends birthday! Unfortunately it was their first birthday without his sister here to celebrate with them. Still, it was going to be great right? Movie, popcorn, alcohol. Hazel and Ian would play video games when Willow passed out and he'd call it a night shortly after. He didn't have to worry about being at the bar and fending away the guys who insisted on bothering Willow. All that mattered was spending time with his best friends and making sure they had a good night. So, when they decided to go to this random party, Ian insisted on going with. There was no way he was going to let them go alone.

Ian didn't bother getting changed, the party was last moment and if they wanted him to look nice maybe the invite should have been sent sooner. He stuck to his black jeans, black shirt, and black leather jacket. Around his neck was his sisters favorite necklace with a small cross with his sisters ashes in it. "Yeah I'm just waiting on you ladies." Ian smiled and stood up to his full 6'2" height. "You're driving? Cool, let's go meet your mysterious party hosts." Maybe this would be fun?

The letter gave directions versus an address. Guess that was clue number two that they shouldn't be doing this. Clue three? The fact that they were driving out of town into the woods. The thick, heavy woods. Parents told children to stay out of the woods at night because the woods were cursed with monsters and witches. Fairytales to keep kids from wandering in the woods and getting lost. They ended up driving on a small thin path only large enough for one car. A thick fog started to cover the area as they pulled up to an abandoned looking mansion. The lights didn't even look like they were on. "Guys I don't like this." Whoever left the note knew where the girls lived though, that made him uncomfortable. They had to figure out who wanted them to come all the way out here.

"It says come on in when we get here, right? Let's figure out who the hell wanted us to come here and get out." Ian stood from the car and walked up the stairs and opened the door. He was greeted by a giant swirling purple and black hole in the floor. "What in the Hell-" The black void had a powerful suction to it. Ian held onto the door for dear life. His fingers ended up slipping and he was swept off of his feet, absorbed into the black void.

Illiana

"Are you done yet, Hunter?" Illiana stood before the magically sealed portal. No one could leave Holly without the proper spell but the other side could pass through, just in case the princesses came back, though each year Illiana lost hope. Every year she stayed in the sealed off portal building in the town square, every year the twins didn't show up, and like every other year she found herself sparring with the wolf. "You're strong I'll give you that. But I'm also a phoenix. You will never beat me." How long had they been sparring? Two, three hours? Illiana didn't have a scratch on her and the poor pup looked exhausted and frustrated.

Illiana served the queen and followed her orders. No one could pass through the portal, her orders. Hunter wanted through every year and every year Illiana had to stop him. It was more annoying than anything but it passed the day. The 5'6" fiery pale red head stood with her arms crossed and her foot tapping as she waited for Hunter to make his next move. Her red eyes stared at him, her pale hand running through her long red hair. In her human form she wore a black sweater, black jeans, black boots, and black beads on her arm.

"I'm aware of why you want through but we must wait. Queen's orders. I'm nothing but an obedient bird." Phoenix's were loyal, dedicated, and protectors. If she served her life in that manner she would be able to be reborn at the end of this life. "Hm?" The portal started to stir. Immediately her eyes lit up bright red and she turned to witness the portal opening. The last time the portal opened it sucked in the twins and the adviser that took them, this time the portal was expelling something.

"Stay back." Illiana warned Hunter as she crossed her arms and watched the portal spit out a dark haired male. A piece of her heart broke when she seen him. "A human. Pity. Hunter, take him away."

Hunter

"Fuck you you high and mighty chicken." Hunter spit some blood on the floor of the catacomb like building. He wasn't even supposed to be in here, every year he had to steal his fathers keys just to be able to open the door to this place. There was an entrance that led straight to the castle but most of the time that was sealed. Every year though Hunter made sure to break into the portal room. He was going to get through and save the princesses and get all this guilt off his shoulders, he just had to beat Illiana. She was the guardian of the portal for good reason. He heard she could even take down his dad who was the alpha of the pack.

Hunter was on the ground panting to catch his breath. His black hair was tied in a bun, his body covered in scrapes and bruises. Her talons were sharp, having torn his t-shirt and jeans. It was like this every year. Each year he got stronger and each year she beat him to a pulp, it was embarrassing. How could he be proud to be who he was? He was supposed to have protected those girls all those years ago. He was supposed to save them and yet he couldn't even get past a fucking stupid flying fire chicken! He would never redeem himself until he got through the portal. For 21 years he trained to save the girls and fight the darkness.

The portal started to spin and that wasn't something that happened. He stood to his feet and watched as the swirling vortex spit out a man. He smelled weird. His eyes widened as Illiana called him a human. "What? This? This is one of the things we ran from?" Hunter walked to the guy on the floor and poked the guy in the ribs with his foot. "Should we just throw it back in? I don't think the Queen wants to be bothered with this measly thing." Hunter was a towering 6 foot 6. He was muscular, well toned, and had fierce features paired with bright golden eyes. His canines were large, sharp, and intimidating. "Is it true boy? Are you human?"

Willow

"B-But Hazel! We don't know these people! We don't even know who it could be!" Willow protested weakly as they entered their apartment, her brown doe eyes wide with worry. "Wait Ian you too?!" She let out a heavy sigh as her fingers wen't to nervously play with the sun pendant around her neck. It had been there so long and un-moved that she had a faint tan line from the chain around the base of her neck. Willow was thankful for her adoptive parents, they had given the girls the world, but she was also thankful for them not erasing any possible connection to their birth parents.

Willow let out a long yawn as she gave into the plan to go to this party instead of their movie and went to get changed. Her sandy blonde hair was pulled into a messy bun and her fringe was left down framing her face. A long beige sweater was pulled on over a pair of light wash denim jeans, the sleeves of the sweater had frilly lace. To finish everything off she pulled on a pair of knee high brown leather boots and a puffy olive colored coat.

"Yes I'm ready..." Willow let out another yawn and peered out the windows of the hallway as they made their way to her sisters car. Staying up past nightfall was so hard for her sometimes, thankfully she had friends who understand her. As they drove to this party, Willow got more and more scared. Hazel was much more brave and daring than Willow was... so it wasn't very surprising that yet again Willow was left the scared one. But something about this was strange. "Wait Ian! Hold on!"

Willow scrambled to take off her seat belt and chase after her friend as he quickly made his way up to the door. Just as Willow began making her way up the stairs of the creepy mansion, Ian opened the door and there was a rush of air out of no where. "What the hell?" Her eyes followed the stairs up to Ian just as she watched him get yanked into the door way. At first she had thought someone grabbed him so she quickened her pace but soon she was met with the vision of the large purple hole and Ian clinging to the door frame. Willow jumped forward to grab his hand but she missed and he was pulled into the mansion. "Hazel! Help!" Soon Willow's feet couldnt hold her on the ground anymore and she too was pulled into the void.

It wasn't long before Willow met the ground with an uncomfortable thud. Did they fall through the floor or something? Odd. Willow pushed herself up on her hands blinked a few times before she realized there were others here. Were they the people who gave them the invite? Her eyes went wide as she watched a man prod his foot into Ian's ribs and she scrambled over to him, grabbing his leg and pushing him away. "Don't you touch him! Who even are you people!?"

Aava

"Kayde... I've given you more time then I've ever given anyone else to tell your family yourself. I'm sorry I had to overstep but she had a right to know today was her last day." Aava stood in the door frame of the potions shop as she watched the reaper head upstairs. "Imagine how scared she would have been if this surprised her. A lot of people say they don't want to know when they're about to die but trust me they do. I see it enough." This was Aava's second trip to this shop this week, five days ago she had came to give Kayde the news of his mothers impending death and he said he would handle it. But he didn't.

A few moment's later the reaper came back downstairs and Aava let out a small sigh and a nod. "She's gone. I'm really very sorry Kayde. She meant a lot to the community." Aava and Kayde were friends of sorts, this shop became her safe haven from work when his mother made Aava a charm to help negate her nightmares. "She meant a lot to me." Aava rubbed her upper arms and blinked a few times, the whites of her eyes finally returning to white from black. After a few more moments she was back as her normal self. 5'9, skinny, physical body and not just mist.

"I think we should go to the festival, it usually helps cheer you up." Aava straightened out her long black dress over her lithe body and adjusted the oversized black sunhat on her head. Her half white, half black hair was left down and messy around her shoulders and a chain bet hung on her non exisitant hips. "Come on witch boy." Aava turned without waiting and began making her way towards the town square outside the castle grounds.

Every year on the princesses birthday, the Queen held a festival as a sort of birthday party. It was kind of sad really... holding something so extravagant just in case your missing children came home. It gave the community hope though she supposed...

Kayde

Anya was supposed to be with him forever , not just until now. The woman was his mother in a sense, without her his life would have been something completely different. Kayde loved her just as much as he loved his real mother, they were two women that saved his life both literally and figuratively. When Aava came to him a few days ago, Kayde refused to believe her. This wasn't the way it was supposed to be! And on this day of all days! Halloween was already hard enough for Kayde, he already was living with survivors guilt thanks to his father now he also had to remember Halloween as the day Anya passed away? Why did the world hate him so much?

"I know. I just couldn't let her spend the last four days in fear. I just wanted to give her the best last few days without knowing it was her last few days you know?" Kayde spoke to Aava as he rubbed away the tears from his dark brown eyes. Anya wouldn't let him be upstairs when it happened so they had already said their goodbyes. When the reaper came back downstairs he let out a long breath and closed his eyes for a moment. "Thank you Aava, it means a lot." It felt terrible knowing that Anya died without ever being able to return to her real life... she devoted her life to keeping him safe and never asked for anything in return. She was an amazing person who deserved so much more time than she was given.

"The festival really? I just sent my mother to the beyond Aava..." She was right though, it would probably help him stop fretting over something that was already done. And Anya told him not to dwell on her after she passed... she wanted to be remembered with smiled not with tears. "Fine!" Kayde grabbed his cloak from the hanger by the door and secured it over his shoulders before making his way outside after his friend.

"Do you ever think they'll actually come home?" Kayde spoke to the woman as they neared the festival, his eyes moving up to the sky to see the strange phenomenon of Holly's Halloween sky. Both the sun and moon stayed in the air from dusk til dawn on their birthday. It was beautiful but unsettling. "I mean it's been so long..."

Hazel

Hazel didn't understand everyone's hesitation, she was excited about this mysterious party! When was the last time they had an adventure? Though, the drive through the woods did give her the spooks. Willow was terrified so Hazel had to remain brave for the both of them. Thankfully Ian was just as brave, even being the first person to hop from the car and head to the house. "Wait up guys." Hazel stood from the car and locked it with the key fob before sliding it in her pocket. By the time she started to walk up the path to the house Ian was yelling. Bright blue eyes widened as she began to run to the door. "Willow don't go in there-" Hazel ran as fast as she could but she wasn't an athletic girl. By the time she got to the door she went to grab her sisters hand but missed, having to watch her sister get sucked into the black hole in the floor.

"Willow no!" Hazel felt tears stream from her eyes. Should she call someone? No. Hazel was holding herself to the door as the wind whipped around her hair. She had to go after her and save them. Hazel let go of the door and jumped into the swirling vortex.

"Oof!" Wedge clad feet landed on solid ground as soon as she jumped through the hole. Where were they? Willow was fighting off some rough looking guy and she felt relieved. "Willow, Ian, you're safe. Are you okay?" She moved to the two and pushed the dark haired fellow out of her way. Quickly she helped the others to their feet, Hazel looking over the two to make sure they weren't injured. "Okay which asshole set that death trap up, huh? Where the hell are we and what do you want from us?" Hazel's face turned red with anger as she turned to face the red head and tall guy. "If I don't start getting some answers you both are getting maced." She whipped out her keys and pointed the mace at the two of them.

Illiana

"Don't taunt the human, I'm sure the Queen would like to interrogate him-" Illiana fell silent when a blonde girl was spit out of the portal. The babies both had a full head of hair when they were babies, one with blonde and one with black hair. She crawled over to the human and started to push Hunter away from him. "Are you-" Before she could even finish her question a black haired girl was jumping out of the portal. The girl pushed Hunter away from the others and started to shout at them while holding a weird tube thing. "Did you say Willow?" Willow and Hazel, that was their names. "That means you're Hazel." A bright smile formed on Illiana's lips.

"There will be no need for the mace, we are your allies. Welcome home, princesses. The kingdom has anxiously waited for your return, and on your birthday no less." Illiana pressed a switch on the wall. Above the building they were in was a bell that was to be rung when the girls came back. Honestly? Illiana never thought she would hear it. The switch made the bell ring throughout Holly to announce their arrival. "I'm not quite sure how you've gotten here but know that we're thankful you're here and you're safe. My name is Illiana, I've been guarding the portal every year waiting for you guys. That there is Hunter, he's the son of the Queens guard. He means well."

Illiana bowed to the girls. "You are the daughters of our great and powerful Queen. There's much to be explained, but for now I think it'd be best for us to go to the castle. Your mother has been waiting 21 years for you to come home."

Hunter

What in the fuck was happening? "Get off me girl-" Hunter went to kick the girl off of him but froze. That hair looked familiar. No, it couldn't be. Suddenly a raven haired girl jumped out of the portal and pushed him aside like he was nothing. Hunter couldn't even be angry, he was in too much shock. Blonde and black. Willow. Hazel? Illiana even seemed to notice. He couldn't react he was in so much shock. Hunter had convinced himself that he'd have to go through to portal and fight off 100 or more humans to get the girls back. And now they were just popping out of the portal? There was no way this was a coincidence, someone had to set this up.

When the bell rang Hunter was able to shake himself of the shock. A bright smile spread across his face and he let out a loud howl. Soon he could hear other howls outside the building as the other wolves celebrated with him. "Right! The queen, she'll be so stoked!" This was the most Hunter had smiled in years. Quickly Hunter opened the heavily guarded door and ran out of the building. "Come on guys! Let's go to the castle!" For the first time in 21 years a weight was lifted off of Hunter's shoulders. The girls were alive, safe, and well. Best of all? They were home. No more constant guilt.

"Ayy, Banshee girl and potion shop guy! Vampire dude! The princesses are home!" Hunter had a cheeky smile plastered on his face as he held the door open so everyone could leave the portal building.

Ian

What in the name of everything good and holy was happening? Ian's eyes slowly opened when he was poked in the ribs. Had he passed out? His head was hurting. "We're...alive?" Ian sat up and blinked a couple times as he looked around. The girls looked unharmed, Hazel had even whipped out the mace she carried on her. The two strangers looked practically elated as soon as they heard Willow's name. Somehow they even knew Hazel's name. "Hold on. Am I having a stroke or did I hear them right? Princesses?" Ian took Hazels hand as she helped him to his feet and he furrowed his brows at the others.

Bells were going off, the tall guy was howling (and getting howls in return?), and the girl was rambling off a bunch of nonsense. "It's 2019, there are no such things as princesses and queens and kingdoms in America. Are you some weird roleplayers or something?" That still wouldn't explain how they knew that it was the girls birthday, though. "I vote we go home." Ian walked to the portal and went to climb back inside of it. Only, he couldn't. Although the portal didn't have a cover on it he couldn't get through, there was like an invisible barrier on top of it. "Why can't I get through?" Ian glared over at the red headed girl, the guy was already opening the door so they could leave.

"Will this Queen of yours know how to get back home?" He glanced over at the girls and felt his heart racing. He was worried about keeping them safe but these guys didn't seem like they wanted to hurt them. "I say let's go meet the queen or whatever and ask to go home. There's no harm in asking, right?"

Willow

Allies ? Princesses? Home?

As her twin stood with mace, Willow cowered behind Hazel and Ian. Who were these weird people? And why did they know their names?! “Hold on! You guys aren’t making any sense!” Willow protested but her voice was weak. This whole thing seemed like a horror movie! The howling, scary portal in a scary house, the mystery of it all.

Soon Ian was moving back to the portal and for a moment Willow was thankful before being stuck with dread when he couldn’t walk through.

Then the red head mentioned their mother and her hand instantly went to the necklace. Their mother? A queen? In some strange land. She must have hit her head hard when she fell... this was all some sort of dream right? The unknown male was off opening doors and yelling at passers by that the princesses were back and Willow let out a shaky sigh.

“I suppose we don’t really have a choice then right? If we can’t go back...” Willow looped her arms through both Ians and Hazels. “We have to follow them right?” After a few more shaky breaths she finally began moving forward after the howling male. All around her was all sorts of Halloween festivities! It was honestly amazing and if she wasn’t so freaked out it probably would have been fun.

After a while of walking Willow looked up to the sky mindlessly and let out a gasp. First was the sight of the castle... then the sight of the sun and moon high in the sky above it. “Do-do you guys see that?”

Aava

"Are you joking? Hell no. It's been what, twenty years? Whatever happened on the other side of the portal is just their life now. That's a long time in the human world." Just as Aava began speaking the bells rang through the city and her jaw dropped. There was no way right? Had they just spoke it into existence? Soon after Hunter went running by and she let out a sigh of agony. "Both of us work for the Queen Hunter! Would it absolutely kill you to remember my name!" Soon he was gone and she was left growling. "Fucking dog."

Aava turned her attention to the building that Hunter had ran out of and her eyes went wide as she peered into the doorway. It was true, Illiana was talking to two girls of right appearance and age. "Holy shit."

Aava turned to Kayde with a stunned expression for a moment before finally turning and looking for one of the night patrol officers working the festival. Much to her ... delight ... all she found was Rylan. "Hey there tall dark and moody, shouldn't you and your friends be, I don't know. Doing something?" Aava gestured to the people beginning to gather and cocked her eyebrow. With this many people it would be hard to travel the small distance to the castle from here. Even with Hunter ahead of them. No one here would hurt the girls but... they were curious beings.

Rylan

Rylan hated this day every year, it made him feel like a slave and an outsider. So what? Two little princesses got attacked and trapped in the human world. Oh fucking well. 90% of his species was dead, you didn’t see them hosting some bullshit flamboyant festival every year because of it. The vampires weren’t out there forcing an entire staff to spend every day on high alert. Just have more kids! Jesus.

As Rylan strolled the various tents and carts he would occasionally swipe a food item of sorts. Currently he was scarfing down a candied Apple. One that he nearly choked on when the bells began to ring. “Oh you’ve got to be fucking kidding me.” Soon after Hunter went rushing past and Rylan tossed the apple into a garbage can before shaking out his slicked back black hair.

Aava and Kayde appeared next and he let out a long groan. “Yeah yeah. Fuck off.” Rylan waved a sleepy hand at them before turning to the crowds and starting to ask people to clear a path. As much as he hated this job, it was still his job.

A few minutes later he had made a straight path to the castle gates and made his way up to them. Hunter was already there due to his ... over excitement... “Listen you mutt, shouldn’t you have waited for those girls? People were getting a little too curious back there.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back