• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Nyxed (Modern Vampire RP) [CLOSED]

Kimby

Soft Apocalypse
nyx banner.png

This is a vampire-based roleplay focusing on a group of vampires all with a shared trait: each of them had been turned by a mysterious woman who refers to herself as "Lady Nyx".

Pass her trial of blood and fire, and as a reward, she would turn them into vampires and grant them a unique gift. While these individuals were blessed with immortality and power, it came with a parting message from Lady Nyx:

"Man will worship,
Kin will fear,
But Gods will hunt,
Only the night's embrace will save you."

No one knows why she creates such spawn, and who/what she is herself. But those turned and blessed by her go on to lead extraordinary lives. Her words of vengeful Gods have yet to turn true, even they cannot seem to kill each other; no matter how hard they try.

These spawns of hers originate from different time periods and different continents; eventually find one another. Their kinship grew out of the shared experience and they even ended up calling themselves "The Nyx".
Yet, such friendship does not last when power and ambition exist. These are individuals who passed a trial of blood and fire after all. And so, for the past 3,500 years, a vicious cycle would begin- a century filled with peace, followed by a century of war amongst them.

After the death of one of their own during a time of peace, the gifts flicker, not even blood can help them now. Each of the remaining Nyx receives an invitation from one of the eldest, to gather and figure out what's going on, together.

*More lore to be added once I get a few interested.

RULES
  • All Forum Rules Apply
  • This is an 18+ only group
  • Be willing to join discord and plot there
    • See character rules about relationship plotting
  • Respect your fellow players
    • If I find that you or your character are not a good fit for the RP I reserve the right to turn you away
  • Word count in posts will not be strict/supervised - as long as there are no one-liners and good grammar is used.
  • Standard one post per week unless communicated with me on inability to post for the week.

*CS Sheet in the works but feel free to discuss ideas with me and ask any questions*
- Face claims must be realistic
- Character must be at least 18
- Relationship building is encouraged, whether you're siblings at heart, lifelong enemies, or off-again on-again lovers, some of our characters will have known each other for centuries. Feel free to discuss with those joining what the relationship between your character and theirs would be.
- No godmodding, while the Nyx is extremely powerful, this is a story-based RP rather than pure fighting.

Character options:
Nyx:
- A character whose backstory includes being turned by "Lady Nyx" feel free to take on the surname Nyx (can apply to someone who was a slave, or simply didn't have a surname beforehand)
-The oldest Nyx would be around 3,500 years old while the youngest would be 18 - freshly turned.
- Character must have a unique gift. Each character has all the strengths and benefits of a vampire.
- There are different vampiric factions in this world (See Faction Info). Being the leader of a faction is discussion based and must have CS approved. State interest with details especially if you would like to make your own faction.

Nyx Spawn:

- A vampire turned by a Nyx, serves them, and belongs to their clan
- Does not have a gift or curse, but are typically more powerful than the average vampire
- Can still be a leader/powerful figure in the vampire world if they have defected from their master or their master has perished.

- Vampires are not harmed by the sun, but they are at full strength at night.
Vampire strengths:
*These are something every vampire has but range on how powerful the vampire is
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Super Sense (Vision, Smell, Hearing)
- Immortality
- Regeneration
- Basic Shapeshift (Bat, Rat, Snake, Mist,)

- Today many vampires see the Nyx as fearsome leaders of the vampire world. Many of the Nyx lead powerful clans, are heads of the vampire councils, or are the matriarch/patriarch of the royal family. With their gifts flickering, it won't be long until other vampires outside the Nyx find out and go for a power grab.
- The Nyx are unable to have children but are able to create other powerful vampires known as Nyx Spawn.
- The gifts are fueled by the consumption of blood, or depending on the gift, use blood as well.

*More can be added by players if they wish to have their character connected to a certain group. I also have about 1-2 more factions to add myself depending on how world building goes.
* The Nyxed are not an organized group at this point in time, but rather a label for the individuals turned by Lady Nyx

- Royal Family (Last Name dependent on Character)
-
Two rulers who are Nyx (Can be King & King, King & Queen, or Queen & Queen)
Vampiric royals who once ruled over all of the vampires of the old world. That seat of power had been constantly fought over by The Nyx, with the current reigning family being seated there for the past 250 years. The last Nyx War has since damaged their influence over the community. Whatever power they have left is constantly being threatened by other groups. They have palaces and estates all over the world but they mainly operate out of London.

- Dawn-Mori
A vampire coven led by the Nyx who had been the previous royal(s) but lost their seat of power and were exiled. They now reside in the United States where their followers and those who oppose the current rule have taken over as leaders of the "New World". They have a shaky peace with the Royal Family but are always looking for an opportunity to take back what is rightfully theirs.

- Our Lady of the Night (OLN)
A vampire cult worshipping Lady Nyx. They believe her to be the first ever vampire. They seek out the Nyx hoping to either gain them as a follower or use them for their gifts.
They believe that vampires should be ruling above humans and that the OLN rule above vampires. Though they have an extreme agenda, they support the Nyx in any way they can.

- Lady Nyx
How she goes about turning people:
1. She finds people who are either in a desperate situation, have ambitious goals or have achieved something remarkable. It is possible to have that person do all three.
2. She then offers a challenge, oftentimes requiring that person to kill or overcome their current situation. If they succeed, then she would grant her gifts and turn them into a vampire.
3. She disappears shortly after sharing her message/warning.

Last edited:
Highly interested in crafting a Nyx from Ancient Egyptian times. I don't know what faction to put them in or to request making one.

Sounds great, in terms of factions, they probably wouldn't fit in with the current factions listed other than OLN depending on their background. I can see anyone from Egypt or outside of Europe clashing with the Royal Family.

I would suggest making a faction/group for your character to belong to or lead. We can definitely discuss more details on how that can fit into the lore.

I do plan on adding 1 or 2 additional factions but really wanted to leave it open for players to add to the lore as well.

I am so very interested in this! I have a vampire character already that I was wondering if they could fit this setting?

They're meant to be a semi-freshly turned vampire who was originally born into a long line of vampire hunters, and due to suppressing their basic vampiric needs (i.e blood) they are a bit volatile and weaker. While still keeping the title of vampire hunter, his hunting now also encompasses finding other, older vampires and learning from them. Trying to piece together what he is himself and if there's some kind of cure for it. And if he has to he might kill them but i'm not planning on having him kill anyone's character without there being discussion about it. I was hoping he could be a Nyx.

Sounds great, in terms of factions, they probably wouldn't fit in with the current factions listed other than OLN depending on their background. I can see anyone from Egypt or outside of Europe clashing with the Royal Family.

I would suggest making a faction/group for your character to belong to or lead. We can definitely discuss more details on how that can fit into the lore.

I do plan on adding 1 or 2 additional factions but really wanted to leave it open for players to add to the lore as well.
Oh, I'd love that sort of conflict and tension. I'll start coming up with a faction for vampires belonging to Africa, Asia, South America and Oceania that don't agree with the Royal Family, Dawn-Mori and OLN. I'm thinking something along the line of extravagance, indulgence in the arts and history preservation. Also do you have an idea of what character(s) you'd be making? If so, I'd love for our characters to have some sort of relationship background with each other, A) to add more lore and B) character development.

I am so very interested in this! I have a vampire character already that I was wondering if they could fit this setting?

They're meant to be a semi-freshly turned vampire who was originally born into a long line of vampire hunters, and due to suppressing their basic vampiric needs (i.e blood) they are a bit volatile and weaker. While still keeping the title of vampire hunter, his hunting now also encompasses finding other, older vampires and learning from them. Trying to piece together what he is himself and if there's some kind of cure for it. And if he has to he might kill them but i'm not planning on having him kill anyone's character without there being discussion about it. I was hoping he could be a Nyx.
There can definitely be a vampire hunter group in this world. As far as how their relationship is with the Nyx (who seem unkillable), that's something we can flesh out in detail. As for your character, there would have had to be some sort of motivation for them to be turned into a Nyx. Maybe out of desperation? We can certainly tweak it so your pre-existing character can fit into the setting.

Oh, I'd love that sort of conflict and tension. I'll start coming up with a faction for vampires belonging to Africa, Asia, South America and Oceania that don't agree with the Royal Family, Dawn-Mori and OLN. I'm thinking something along the line of extravagance, indulgence in the arts and history preservation. Also do you have an idea of what character(s) you'd be making? If so, I'd love for our characters to have some sort of relationship background with each other, A) to add more lore and B) character development.
For sure, I live for conflict! I think having an UN-style group with different nations tied together would be cool if that's along the lines of what you're thinking, with the extra extravagance for sure.

I had about two characters in mind but I had planned for one of them to be a leader in the Dawn-Mori, possibly the ex-queen of the Royal Family. Her gift involves her having retractable angel-like wings capable of flight and defensive combat.

For the second one, I may make her a more minor character depending on the needs of the RP. Possibly tied to the OLN?

I'll be making a discord soon to make it easier for all of us to start planning characters and relationships.

There can definitely be a vampire hunter group in this world. As far as how their relationship is with the Nyx (who seem unkillable), that's something we can flesh out in detail. As for your character, there would have had to be some sort of motivation for them to be turned into a Nyx. Maybe out of desperation? We can certainly tweak it so your pre-existing character can fit into the setting.

Would it be in Nyx's personality to turn someone who is on the verge of death and a vampire hunter? Perhaps she'd found him on the brink of death after fighting with a spawn, and took a morbid interest in turning a vampire hunter into the sole thing they're meant to destroy? I imagine my character being so afraid of death in that moment that he might have even begged for her to do it. So it was very much a moment of desperation that he later regrets.

Would it be in Nyx's personality to turn someone who is on the verge of death and a vampire hunter? Perhaps she'd found him on the brink of death after fighting with a spawn, and took a morbid interest in turning a vampire hunter into the sole thing they're meant to destroy? I imagine my character being so afraid of death in that moment that he might have even begged for her to do it. So it was very much a moment of desperation that he later regrets.
I have some more details to add about how Nyx chooses who to "bless" and what that process looks like.

1. She finds people who are either in a desperate situation, have ambitious goals or have achieved something remarkable. It is possible to have that person do all three.
2. She then offers a challenge, oftentimes requiring that person to kill or overcome their current situation. If they succeed, then she would grant her gifts and turn them into a vampire.

Perhaps she approached your character with the challenge of hunting a spawn- rewarding you with a gift but left out the part where she also turns you into a vampire?

I have some more details to add about how Nyx chooses who to "bless" and what that process looks like.

Perhaps she approached your character with the challenge of hunting a spawn- rewarding you with a gift but left out the part where she also turns you into a vampire?

Ohh yes that's perfect! He might have mistaken her for a regular person who'd wanted a spawn hunted down as a job, he blindly and ambitiously accepts, completes the job even when risking his own undoing, and then she rewards him with the gift, leading to his obsession with finding other who have been turned trying to figure out the answers.

Ohh yes that's perfect! He might have mistaken her for a regular person who'd wanted a spawn hunted down as a job, he blindly and ambitiously accepts, completes the job even when risking his own undoing, and then she rewards him with the gift, leading to his obsession with finding other who have been turned trying to figure out the answers.
Love it, are you planning on having him in a separate faction or trying to join up with the existing three to try and find answers? Are the vampire hunters going to accept him in the group?

Love it, are you planning on having him in a separate faction or trying to join up with the existing three to try and find answers? Are the vampire hunters going to accept him in the group?

I'm hoping to have him join up with the existing three at some point to find the answers :] , and as for the vampire hunters they most likely cast him out after he'd been turned, so they don't want anything to do with him if it's not to end him like other spawns. They see him allowing himself to be turned as a huge betrayal.

-Bump-
Still got some open spots, and discord is up to plot, will DM the link if interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back