The New OOC and Hangout

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Stop helping.

Just stop.

I'm going to make a post for the Police showing up at the facility later tonight. If anybody wants to post before then let me know, but I'll probably start working on it in about five hours.

I really would like to get another Susan post in, if possible, but I'm trying to give Giyari Giyari and simj26 simj26 a chance to post first (since they haven't had a chance to react yet to the wall). Once they do, I can get up a Susan post in under 24 hours.

I really would like to get another Susan post in, if possible, but I'm trying to give Giyari Giyari and simj26 simj26 a chance to post first (since they haven't had a chance to react yet to the wall). Once they do, I can get up a Susan post in under 24 hours.
Alright, tag me as soon as you do because I'd like to get the police there and have a week for people to respond. Anyways I'll focus on homework tonight then

Quick checkin about recent post simj26 simj26 Syrenrei Syrenrei welian welian Giyari Giyari

First of all, Manami’s parents are dead after this, I take no issue with this; they were right in the line of fire and doing the heroic thing, that is what happens, although it does make me sad. The post as a whole feels rather god moddish to me. It assumes quite a bit which I think needs editing. First of all, the crate mentioned in my Hamasakis post, in the hold of the MomoTaro contains commercial grade fireworks. It is cherry blossom season, and their adopted daughter is graduating. They are generally reserved, but they didn’t skimp on the fireworks to celebrate. Hitting that boat will make subsequent shots on anything else very difficult for at least a minute or two. Picture an entire display sequence, plus the grand finale all going up at once. Manami’s mom is not living through that, but you are not aiming through it either. As for the wall, I leave that to Sy to take on, but unless you cleared that with her behind the scenes, I call shenanigans there also.

I also don't know what's going on, I was just alerted to check RPN by welian.

Water barrier: In the post Simj made, Captain Crazy Pants (his character, "CCP" from here on out) acknowledges she can not shoot through the water bubble. She should have some visibility- as much as you can through 5 feet of water from that distance, anyway. Bullets that attempt to go through the water would likely lose their initial trajectory and a substantial amount of velocity, if not all. So that part looks accurate.

I left who and what was in the barrier intentionally vague. I know this has caused issues and confusion, but I felt like each player should have the agency to decide who was in the barrier and who was not. There are a few characters outside the barrier- namely Red, who is standing on top of the building and threatening the lives of the other Knights with metal spikes.

I am happy to answer any questions about the water wall in general! I know I have not yet returned to AEGIS Discord, but I can still be messaged on Discord, PMed, or tagged here.

Susan is an S-Rank super that is putting all her energy into the wall. That means most things and people can not easily get through it (even flying debris) but there are exceptions. Lasers can cut through the water, I believe (I have a rudimentary understanding of what a laser is though), electricity would very much spread through it, it could be frozen and then outside of Susan's control entirely, substantial amounts of heat would turn a good chunk of the water into gaseous form, etc.

Since is the only action I've been able to take with Susan thus far, I am not super eager to see it pierced and/or destroyed, but for the right story line reasons I am happy to discuss it!

Post was edited so it is moot now, give me a bit to explode Manami's whole world and then carry on.

Malikai Malikai As I expected the snipers to go after Red (rather than the innocent little boat) I am not sure where I am going with my Susan post now. I'll try to get something up tonight, but Manami's parent(s) dying is pretty damn sad and killing my mojo, so it may not be until tomorrow when I get my post out.

Who is going to protect Manami from the ninjas now?
Hnnnnnnng...!
I really really want to say Kendrick but in reality she's been the one protecting him all along

...Protecting has never been his forté >~<

Malikai Malikai As I expected the snipers to go after Red (rather than the innocent little boat) I am not sure where I am going with my Susan post now. I'll try to get something up tonight, but Manami's parent(s) dying is pretty damn sad and killing my mojo, so it may not be until tomorrow when I get my post out.
Do you still want me to wait to post? I could get a post out and then you'd be able to mention the presence in your post. There won't be too much interaction on the police part yet, mainly just setting up and an attempt at negotiations

Honestly, thinking more about this, I REALLY think blowing up the boat is a poor idea. Not only does it dramatically change Manami's character, suddenly drag the focus into the tragedy of the death (because rather than other NPCs, this is the death of the parent or parents of a protagonist), it also realistically probably writes Manami out of the story for Episode 6. Keep in mind, Episode 6 happens one week later.

What happens if Manami's parent(s) die? They would probably fly the remains (what they can find, and will find with official help) to Japan, the bodies cremated (if possible), a wake, and other funeral rites. This would take some time- meaning she may or may not make it back in time for Episode 6. If she wants her friends to go with her as well then that means they are also overseas for Episode 6 assuming they can safely make the journey.

Malikai Malikai Yes, please. Since I've only had one post with Susan, I'd like to have a chance for another one. It's just the clusterfuck of a boat exploding may affect the barrier and I need to figure out what, if anything, Susan might do about it.

Syrenrei Syrenrei Alright, I'll wait but I will probably need to post sometime tomorrow, likely late tomorrow, since welian is getting anxious for the police to arrive. Let me know when you do post and I'll get to work!

I just skimmed, I'll have to read the thread properly when I get home from work. I think some ret-conning might be in order, but first I'll have to make some sort of timeline so I can gauge the order of events. It looks like some characters are getting left behind again.

Manami will not return to Japan. The Hamasakis are currently without nationality and have no living relatives in Japan or other ties. This will change her, and I am ok with that. It would be very odd, frankly, if there were no character consequences from an event as shattering as this blatant assault on a school. Given recent real world events, and being a teacher myself, I am having a lot of complicated feelings about all of this. But I don't think a Ret-con is what is needed here.

What I would like to see, though perhaps in a flashback given the deadline, is that when she realizes what has happened we get our first real glimpse of her dark side, which has been hinted at, but never quite directly revealed. And there are a number of ways that could end, but what I would really like to see is Kendrick talking her down.

It made me really, really sad to write that, I'll admit, but it would feel wrong to take it back. They died doing exactly what they most wanted to do: protecting their child. Any parent would do the same in a heartbeat.

Sorry if it was me.

Scratch that. Sorry regardless.

Been there done that. Kinda weirds out the kids too...

I'll go ahead and say it. I was very clear that I wanted to post after Simj got a chance, I communicated it here, and I'm frustrated I am being left in the proverbial dust again. I do not RP only to watch actions and not be able to react or interact in any way. This is a good chunk of the reason I left AEGIS Discord to begin with and now it's happening again.

I'll be frank- I'm angry. If you guys have already decided exactly how the rest of this scene is supposed to play out, go ahead and keep writing, but don't expect me to contribute if I am just supposed to be the audience.

And frankly I avoid tragic RPs like the plague (a reason I don't join a lot of RPs on this site) so I'm not sure how I want to approach this anyway.

I'll go ahead and say it. I was very clear that I wanted to post after Simj got a chance, I communicated it here, and I'm frustrated I am being left in the proverbial dust again. I do not RP only to watch actions and not be able to react or interact in any way. This is a good chunk of the reason I left AEGIS Discord to begin with and now it's happening again.

I'll be frank- I'm angry. If you guys have already decided exactly how the rest of this scene is supposed to play out, go ahead and keep writing, but don't expect me to contribute if I am just supposed to be the audience.
Sy, no one is leaving you behind, no one is deciding on anything.
The only one who got to post after Simj was Gus because the boat was struck, it was going to blow up instantly there was a need for a quick reply to that action. But only that one.

Yes, we are discussing things but no one is set on a path to take. It just happens that there's a new circumstance now that is going to affect a couple of the characters, so we're brainstorming.
This type of development is, at the same time that it is very upsetting, extremely enticing because of the prospect of a lot of character development that comes from it. Our minds are running rampant with the possibilities, we're waging our options and wondering what the future could hold in this or that path, because again, we're all really excited!

BUT, no one is going to make a post yet, no one is settling in a single path, no one is saying 'Okay, so this is exactly how we're going to proceed', they're just ideas thrown in the wind that may never even happen. That's part of the principle of brainstorming and it's all in good and harmless fun.
Everyone has been polite to wait on you and Malikai and no one is going to go ahead, we're all set on waiting.

I understand your frustration and anger, but this time it's all a big misunderstanding
Feel free to take any time you need to sort things up and such, I'm sure weli and everyone else will understand and respect that, there's still a week to go after all... There's no need to hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back