The New OOC and Hangout

It's a banking thing. You put the money aside...

...and when the character committee has enough of your money, they approve your character?

Something like that. I am a little vague on trust, tbh.

BAGELS?!

WE DON' NEED NO STINKIN' BAGELS!!!
You don't. But I'm so hungry that I'll accept freaking any food.
The university's restaurant won't open for another hour >o<

I actually made myself a bagel with cream cheese lox onion and tomato for lunch :)
Didn't I just tell you I'm hungry?
Why must you talk even more about food and flaunt it in my face like that QAQ
(Kidding, but still hungry : P)

I'm officially back from the field, but am at drill today. I can start revamping my character sheets tomorrow. ^^

Hey you guys my post for Page is a direct correlation to ramifications from the first exam. She is purposely playing hooky to avoid the beginning part of exams because of what happened last time. It's really not realistic for everyone else to be at a spa when there's different spas through out the city. I really don't think everyone is going to be at this spa when they are suppose to be at the school for exams.

Again, Piper isn't a Facility 108 student. The only other student there is Manami.

Final Exam Instructions

OOC AEGIS Regional Final Exam Course Details

***Please work to have your character posted into this episode ASAP and wrap up current actions with characters heading to the facility. We will be time skipping to 3:00 PM in character with scene start in the back court yard of Facility 108 on July 6th.***

In the meantime please work in OOC and on Discord on the following:

• TEAMS - Teams will be a 4 Student Character max, with up to two NPCs. No team should exceed 6 total, including the NPCs.
    • Please plan out your teams with posting availability in mind.

• Consider your time zone.

• Consider if you play multiple characters, if you want them in the same group.

• Once you have a full group, please post your group and NPC in the OOC thread and tag Gus and ManicMuse.

• Your group must have at least one NPC. If you have trouble thinking of one, tag Gus or Bag o fruit for ideas.

• Non-Student Characters/ Students unable to participle, everyone can have a roll.
    • Course Marshals

• First Aid

• Cheering from the sidelines

• Be creative. Have an idea, run it by us.

• Once you have picked a role, post in OOC with role, tag Gus and ManicMuse

• NPC - Your group as a whole will control NPCs.
    • NPC will have a Superpower and be from another Facility.

• NPC will have a face claim that is used when someone posts for the NPC.

• NPC can be hurt and can die.

• Course Obstacles - Each Obstacle should ideally be completed in 2 rounds of posting.
    • Ideally group/collaboration posting is encouraged. However, if it causes delays please solo post to keep group moving forward.

• IF anyone in your group is injured, stuck or breaks a ‘rule’ on an Obstacle tag all supporting members so someone can respond to it. (Course Marshals, First Aid, Cheerleaders)

Okay, well, I'll start off by saying Sam and Lara will need some teammates. I'd prefer to have them on different teams to allow me variety in my postings and to avoid having my characters interact with each other.

I'd like for Piper to be allowed to photograph the event, kinda like some press for the facility, if that's okay, ManicMuse ManicMuse

Scarlet could be a course marshal, I guess. What exactly is a course marshal?

Personally, I'm not so sure that It's a realistic expectation for all of the scenes to be wrapped up and for everyone to be organised by the 6th.
The 13th or something around that mark sounds like a much more realistic deadline. It allows people to close up scenes without rushing it and end up writing at a lackluster level as a result of being made to rush, It gives everyone more time to coordinate and plan. I'm aware that Episodes can stagnate if not kept dynamic, but this feels like suddenly throwing everyone in, which doesn't seem like a very good idea at all.

#Stolen for the net

Non-Student Character Role Idea Descriptions

Water Station – Medical Provide emergency medical support if needed. Communicates through HAM radio operators if EMS services are needed.

Course Marshall • Part Safety Officer: Our first priority is to provide a safe course for our runners. Course Marshalls are positioned throughout the course and are responsible for directing students if needed. As soon as you see a runner, begin to signal with your hands and your voice which direction or turn they are supposed to go. Often course runners get in a zone and need plenty of advance warning to know which way to head. • Part Traffic Cop: Course marshals are positioned everywhere to ensure students are on task and no un-authorized person is on the course. Responsible for keeping random persons off the course and maintaining a safe environment for course runners. • Part Cheerleader: Cheer the course runners on – it’s a long course. Get up, get on a boat, get excited, and keep them moving. Be creative, bring a radio to play music, wear a funny hat – you’ll be part of the inspiration that keeps the course runners moving. Do not tell runners they are almost there no matter where you are on the course. Use words of encouragement like “Good job!” “Keep going!” “Dig deep, you can do it!" Yellow & Foam Finger

Last edited:
I could see going a little longer than the 6th, especially if there is strong feeling about it, but for contrast I will also point to episode three, where the elapsed time IRL between Danny's collapse and the end of the episode was just 12 days, in which time we wrote some 50 posts collectively. As there are really only three scenes active, I think six days is not entirely unreasonable horizon. Time pressure is good for posting!

Thoughts?

It's entirely circumstantial, though. The beach mission exploded at the beginning, but then died off when everyone got busy IRL with final exams and summer stuff.
Like, for me, I'm free today, but will be busy until the 5th with family time, will only have the 5th to coordinate groups for my two students and post enough to get everyone into position appropriately, and then am busy most of the 6th with preparation for my next National Guard drill, which is from the 7th-9th.

Last edited:
So I am thinking maybe some students would play hooky and/or otherwise be MIA during exam. Lucas is probably not going to make it back in time for exam for one. A few of the not yet updated/approved characters might fit that category also. Just checking here to see how much interest there would be in a small B-plot for non participating students. Perhaps a rowdy party? Perhaps a joyride?

Something of that nature. Give a holler if you think you might skip exam for some reason but still want to be in ep 5 in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread