• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The NEW New OOC Thread (Introduce yourself here!)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The NEW New OOC Thread

Congratulations on getting to a hundred pages in the old OOC thread! Malikai got the last word in, so I guess he’s king of the OOC now. Which… makes him King Malikai all over again, huh?

Now, for a new trend I’d like to start: introduce yourself here! Tell us what drew you to Aegis, what kind of characters and plots you like, who you play, and your favorite food. Most of us already know each other, but not all do, plus we have some new people who are still learning names.

The Nice Rules:
Be excellent to each other! Openly compliment posts that you enjoy, don’t just like the post. Positive reinforcement is the best reinforcement!​
When commenting on an incoming character, be kind and courteous. For every negative thing you point out, make sure you also have a positive thing to mention.​
If you have nothing to add to a conversation, memes, floof, and pretty pictures are acceptable contributions to the OOC thread.​
The Mean Rules:
Don’t be a dick to the other RPers. Tone down the snark and be sincere. We don’t all know each other well enough to be mean to each other.​
Don’t post off-site contact information out in the open, like Discord tags or Snapchat names. I’m not responsible for some rando deciding to troll you. Send that shit in a PM.​
The Discord server is a privilege, not a right. I’ve shut it down in the past, and I’ll shut it down again if you can’t figure out how to be nice to the other players.​
Now! Let’s get this thread to another hundred pages so that I can pretend to be popular and important on the internet!

Last edited:

This song is strangely fitting to the present of the RP

Okay, so none of you are gonna introduce yourselves? Alright then. I see how we roll.

On the next page : P

This page is non-serious businesses

I, LEMON BOY THE SECOND, AM THE WORST WELIAN SUPPORTER AND GAYEST GAY THERE IS.
ALL S RANKS ARE BAD
THE KNIGHTS ARE RIGHT
RAGUEL WEARS BOOB PLATE

So... What drew me to aegis.

I was in the original and I wanted to write more, I guess?

I wanna see some drama, some real plot progression and watch everything burn... in a constructive way.

No but for real, some meaty character and plot progression, preferably intertwined. Gimmie that shit.

I like serious characters. Not personality wise per say, but characters that have a clear objective and path ahead of them, and characters that players aren't afraid to let change as the story progresses.

Characters I play are: Jason Swan, Viola Porter, Millicent Dawlish, and Kezia Greaves. None of them are particularly nice people... except maybe Millicent, she's pretty nice, if not a sarcastic fucker. Swan can be nice but most of the time he's just grumpy because of shenanigans.

I enjoy introductions, so why not?

I was originally drawn to this RP because I saw it was a slice-of-life type with superpowers intertwined. Ironically enough, I thought it looked like a wonderfully organized RP and saw that so many people were involved in it, it just had to be a super active and amazing RP! At the time, it wasn't necessarily open to anyone and I basically pestered welian for several months until she finally caved and invited me lol.

When it comes to the RP itself and what I want out of it, I'm all for character development. It can be a character falling apart and picking themselves back up on their own or with help, someone facing their darkest fears and overcoming them, someone's personality slowly adapting over time, etc. As long as someone isn't stuck in one state indefinitely (always depressed or perpetually happy no matter what), then I love to read about them or get my characters involved with them. I also love plot progression, so when someone's character halts a scene or diverts it from the original point, I usually get a bit irritated. I love seeing creativity in how we resolve situations, but not when it halts plot progression. >.<

For specific plots, I just like to see characters challenged to have to do more than they normally would or perhaps be forced to resolve a situation without having to make it all combative. I get bored really easily if every problem is resolved with a punch to the face. Sometimes it can be timed really well and be hilarious, other times it just gets excessive.

I'm pretty sure I currently have the most characters or am tied up with Gus on having the most, but my current characters are Samantha Casan (speedster who looks like Nightcrawler from X-Men), Scarlet Calloway (librarian animal shapeshifter), Piper Farrar (normal human who loves social media and supers), and Lara Hart (basically the really nice version of Maximum Ride).

My favorite food will always be baked potatoes, preferably ones filled with sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and chives. Or potato skins, which sometimes are more common in restaurants. They taste heavenly no matter how many times I eat them.

Mmm first what draw me to AEGIS. I think it was Welian? RPNation is the first time I've tried to roleplay, so I didn't know much about anything. The organisation of the roleplays confused me, so I just surfed through people's signature to find anything interesting. I found a link to AEGIS, and thought, 'Hey, this is not as complicated as other projects' and here I am.

I like clean conflicts when it comes to plot. Stories where the sides are clear, where it's obvious where the opposition is. I don't know, simple conflicts like that attract me most.

For characters, I don't have clear grounded preference, but I dislike characters with extremely bad backstories. There's a whole lot array of possible characters, and not all of their characters have to be grounded on the base that they have a very dark past.

I only have one character at the moment, which is also my first RP character, Aid Ward. He's a kid who can swim through solid.

Foooooood. I love cheese and bread, but potato is a close second. If we're talking about dishes, nothing beats chicken satay and mie yamin!

Surprisingly my name is Malikai. I've been in this RP for more than a year now, and for about 60% of that time I've had one character. What drew me to AEGIS was that I really liked superhero RPs. Since that's what I had been in the most of at that time. I was still in a superhero RP at the time that I joined AEGIS, one that I'm not in now, and that one I also shared with Danibot!

As for characters I'm not sure I've found my preference yet. I tend to make characters that play into some part of my own personality, either extending that part out or completely reversing it. The plots I like I'm also unsure about. I like slice of life, but having a bit of epic action is also pretty great. Grimdark plots are not really my thing, but they can have their place.

The characters I currently play, including ones I have not posted as yet and are waiting to be accepted, include: Jeremiah Johnson, a light manipulator that faces social awkwardness. His biggest problem right now is trying to fight his own doubts about not being a hero. Lewis Lowe, a telekinetic teacher that I need to actually develop a bit more character for. [REDACTED] Price, a [REDACTED] and that's all I have to say about him. Clara Negrete, a woman who can turn her body into string, she's cocky, brash, confident, and just awesome. Finally Leona Kingston, an electricity manipulator who is optimistic and an experienced super.

My favorite food is tough, but I think I like spaghetti the best. Plain simple and delicious!

Okay, I give up. I'm bad at introductions, I don't know when to end it and was putting it off as much as I could... Screw my shyness let's do this thing.

Hey there I'm Nessy, I am this RP's mascot, resident stalker and weli's favorite RP'er : P (XD)
I am also too kind for my own good, incapable of making short posts, constantly struggling to find motivation and I take this waaaay too seriously! No, really, I joined all of the side missions I could.
Oh, I guess I am also this RP's mod now, which still feels weird to say but yeah...
I read everything, so normally people come to me asking for a summary of what they missed and such. I like helping so don't be afraid to ask for anything you might need~!

So, how I got into AEGIS... Now that's an interesting story... Uhh, I used to RP before. I actually got into RP on Nation States but due to having to study for two to three years without rest to actually get into college I had stopped all of my hobbies to make time for that. Non-stop I was nothing more than a studying machine, those were harsh years.
Once I finally got in, I declared enough. It was time to regain my hobbies and finally learn to relax again, but none of my usual RP places were still active, so I was basically homeless. That's when I got into DA RP groups and also when I met RPN just from a google search. And I had something I was really really craving, since I had spent all of my vacation time binging all of the Arrow-verse and Marvel series, I just really wanted a superhero RP. So I PM'ed this person about their RP and they messaged me back saying that they had stopped doing theirs but were joining AEGIS... Thus, I was redirected here by that person.

Ironically enough, I remained and the guy that got me here didn't even get to see the RP actually start because, he tried to make a really OP character and was very, very disrespectful and rude when people complained about that. I recall weli saying something along the lines of 'you don't fit in here' and then he got angry and left.
So yeah, I've been here since day one and don't plan on going anywhere until it effectively dies. I just love it that much~

Plots... Uhh, that's difficult. I am one that simply adores new challenges, so I'm up for anything that picks my interest. That said, I do lean a bit towards comedy, not just as a plot but I tend to mix comedy in my posts a lot, sometimes to make something that would be slightly boring and normal into something more enjoyable to read. I like metaphors a lot too, sometimes I'll write something in a bit of a poetic vibe and it will be full of them >w<
Ah, I'm getting sidetracked!
Back to the point, last episode left me in a bit of a panic mode because it was my first contact with something actually serious and possibly combat based (not that I got to do anything like that, but the tension was still there). A bunch of times I just stared at the monitor going 'what do I do?' through that, it was a bit unnerving, even if enjoyable afterwards. I was also bad at romance, like, really bad. Haven't tried it again ever since.

Characters... I honestly don't know. I am drawn to the crazy psycho ones, I am drawn to the overly honest ones that end up being a bit assholey-ish, I am also drawn to the ones that use their common sense and just point out how wrong things are against pretty much everyone else's judgment. I don't really know why, I just am.

I have four characters currently and do have a fifth concept planned, but I'm gonna hold it until at least episode 7. At least.
So, we have Cecilia who's the kind and gentle Italian with Air Manipulation, acts like everyone's mom sometimes, impulsive and has a bit of a temper. She's terrified of the destructive potential of her power but after the disaster that ep 5 was, she might be a little more willing to get used to it, for possible use in life-death situations ofc... Maybe.

Then we have Kendrick who is a rich kid with Toy Manipulation, whose parents don't like him and love to restrain his freedom. In fact, he's starting episode 6 grounded for life. Kendrick is in constant conflict over complying with the role he's supposed to fill or just being himself, thus he fluctuates a lot between serious and collected to ultimately frustrated with life to even childlike wonder. He's just hard to read through and through.

Juliana is your typical teenage girl, loud obnoxious, materialistic, loves to gossip and sometimes bullies people. She hates being told what to do and judges people left and right. Her power is light manipulation, but the biggest shtick is that she's able to absorb light from an environment (or things) and use it to power these solid light blasts that come out of the palm of her hands. They're useful to push stuff away and come out in any color of the rainbow. They're also super bright and will make people temporarily blind... hurray! Oh and she's Brazilian, if this matters to anyone~

Last but not least (I said not least!!) we have Aiden. Aiden is a bit of a geek and a cinnamon roll who is just terrified of everything, but absolutely lovable. His power is ink manipulation and it goes on nicely with his drawing hobby, he simply loves it. Aiden suffers from a mild and previously treated agoraphobia and is a true introvert, so he takes a lot of time taking in a new environment and getting used to new people. He does have his moments tho. When the subject of a conversation is something he is passionate about, he might start rambling on and on about it and you can see just how much that thing matters to him.
This will be his first episode in the Main IC, I'm so excited!

Ohh, food talk! Okay, first some people say I act as if I worshipped food... And I mean, probably not wrong? But OMG there's nothing better in the world than good food, it's just ahhhh, so delicious. I am one of those people that will be eternally grateful for free food and such XD
So, top of my list is probably Japanese food. It's good, it's healthy, it's surprisingly filling, it's great! Then it's strogonoff, I can never be tired of eating strogonoff, it's my most ordered thing from the food ordering app I use. And then we have pasta. Just ANY pasta. I really like lasagna, but really pasta is the greatest and my favorite sauce is the white one. But pasta, all pasta, you can never go wrong with pasta +O+

So yeah, I really like food. I may be a bit picky, okay very picky, but once I like something, I LIKE SOMETHING. I tend to say that one of the few freedoms I have in life is to be able to eat whatever I want whenever I want, and that is truly a blessing~! OWO

Oh damn, I overdid it, woops! Typical me >w<
This would look better in tabs or something... Eh, too lazy. u.u (Dividers to the rescue!)

Last edited:
Umm hi guys, I would like to thank you all for welcoming me into your family, you guys have Been extremely kind and patient with me and I truly appreciate it, I would like to especially thank Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun for guiding me and being there for me during my CS process

Ok for a serious introduction. Hi everybody. I've been on RP Nation on and off for over a year. What drew me into AEGIS was Malikai Malikai cause we were old rp buddies on another group. I also enjoy super hero rps but I also enjoy the interactions and character development I can get from it. :)

Plots I like are ones that are ones that play out during a long period of time. I even like silly plots that don't take themselves seriously. I'm also a sucker for romance, but not as much as the other things. My favorite food is any type of pasta. Nice to meet everyone formally! <3

I am Teh Frixz
I write teh bad
I'm usually gone
which is so sad

cus when I'm here
I'm having fun
but plz be ready
you cannot run

Writing Prompts List
The Writing Prompts List

YEAR ONE
  • "Oh the weather outside is frightful..."
  • A card for someone not seen in a long time…
  • Carols on the Radio.
  • Day 4: Sleight ride gone wrong
  • Putting up holiday decorations.
  • Day 6
  • Who’s Krampus, and why is Raguel so scared of them?
  • Wearing your Sunday best.
  • Dashing through the snow...
  • A show of lights...A lightshow, if you would.
  • In the meadow, we can build a snowman...
  • Day 12
  • A Yuletide nightmare
  • Angels from on high
  • Bourbon in the eggnog... or maybe just the bourbon, and a lot of it.
  • I love you just the same.
  • Somebody waits for you...
  • A Christmas ghost.
  • Day 19
  • The poor unfortunate soul in a Santa costume.
  • The arrival of a guest.
  • I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams...
  • Peppermint, peppermint everywhere...
  • A gift to a friend.
  • Family bonding time.
  • For whom does the bell toll?
  • The stroke of midnight.
  • END

YEAR TWO

YEAR THREE
  • Tradition!!
  • Even In The Darkest Of Times… - In this prompt, a little light helps your character in a dark place.
  • What’s This? What’s This?: Their feelings about Winter
  • Sugar Cookies
  • He Eats You When You’re Sleeping: Krampustag
  • Mittens: What do they mean to them?
  • 34th Street Delivery: Transcribe every letter your character ever wrote (or dictated) to Santa Claus.
  • O Tannenbaum: The most beautiful Christmas tree your character had ever seen…[/U][/URL]
  • A Card For Christmas: Write about a time your character wrote a thank you card to someone who really earned it.
  • Candles In The Dark
  • Winter Tableau: The story of the most beautiful snow view they've ever seem
  • Gingerbread House
  • Hot Chocolate: What comes to mind when they hear those words?
  • Roast Chestnuts
  • Cupcakes: They try making cupcakes for the first time, during the holiday season.
  • Chocolate-Covered...
  • Going Home: Write about a time your character came home from far away.
  • Snowflakes: Write about a cherished memory your character associates with catching snowflakes on their tongue, OR cutting snowflake patterns out of paper!
  • Peppermint: Their favorite peppermint candy
  • Caroling: Did your character ever go caroling as a child? Or as an adult? Or did carolers come to their door one day?
  • Solstitium: The day after the winter solstice is even shorter. Something has gone very, very wrong.
  • Cold Moon
  • HumanLight: What was the greatest act of compassion your character looks back on in their life? Was it their act, or someone elses?
  • The Night Before… - On the eve of Christmas, something goes wrong, and it's up to your character to fix it... Quick!
  • Noel: What does Christmas means for them?
  • Boxing Day
  • The Invincible Foe: What to do with the leftover fruitcake?
  • Phone A Friend
  • Errands: Before the end of the year hype and after the holiday hype, we all have a little time and a subtle sense of urgency to get things done. What's on your character's to-do list?
  • Out With The Old
  • In With The New: Reinventing themselves or filling in a spot for the past generation

YEAR FOUR
  • Escape Room - Puzzlebox is back, with an ever harder task for your character.
  • Paralysis
  • Back Up The Rabbit Hole - You character wakes up in a mental facility and people are trying to convince them they're crazy and their powers are not real. Unless, maybe they're actually right?
  • Hello Clarice... Character VS Serial Killer
  • Whoa, Déjà Vu… - It's Groundhog Day!
  • Not A Noble Sentiment, But A Human One - Someone dear is taken from your character and they go on a rampage to either solve it or cope with it.
  • That February Feelin’… - Marking the anniversary of the unfinished Report Cards mission, give your character a grade and a review for each AEGIS class! Be honest about it.
  • Zeppelin Wearing A Top Hat - Steampunk AU
  • Like A Fox - Your character's new friend seems nice until they become practically their archnemesis. How do they deal with that?
  • 314 - A time your character excelled or struggled with Math.
  • Food For Worm - Forget Equinox, this time your character is fighting Moon Man.
  • This One’s Pretty Dumb-O.K? - Your character finds an elephant, yep. And it follows them if they try to leave.
  • SURPRISE PROMPT, WTF!? - April Fool's!
  • Big Shoes To Fill - Explore your character as a child with their powers.
  • Hath No Fury - Your character has to deal with a supernatural threat, how do they react to it?
  • Hippity Hoppity - A villain puts up an Easter-themed treasure hunt for your character to complete and stop their plans. How does that go?
  • Checkmate, Bingo, Tic-Tac-Toe - Your character loses to a really powerful villain and it's now time for the epilogue. Stand up, you're gotta win it back.
  • This One Should Be Easy For Tabitha - News scandal time! Your character fucked up terribly, how do they cope with it? Does it ever go away?
  • Pika Pika… - Fight a crime... in a Pokémon AU! Or for the bonus question be a Pokémon, either is good.

Courtesy of Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Plot Summaries List
Chronological List of Summaries!!
--Weekly Plot Summaries on the Blog-- (EVERY MONDAY!)
Episode 5: When The Knights Go Marching In (Weeks 66 to 109)
Episode 6 -> Sides A: The King's Archives
and B: The Hills Are Alive with The Sound Of Screaming [Cancelled]

Main Plot-Hiatus (Nothing but side-missions from this point on)

Last edited:
What's up?! The name's Chaos Arcana Zereul, but you can call me Chaos. I'm an alien from a planet thousands of lightyears awa- huh? Whadda ya mean we're not going with this? Why the hell'd you bring back this old-as-sin username if you weren't gonna? Oh forget it...

So, yeah, ChaosZereul...a username I've had practically since I first entered the World Wide Web back in its Dial-up days. I chose it over one of my more recent usernames for much the same reason I chose to join Aegis, because of an old friend of mine who hasn't yet introduced herself here, Syrenrei. However, she wasn't the sole reason. The premise really did interest me, and after chatting with everyone here over the past month on Discord I can't wait to really get started.

Currently, I only have one character, Zayne, a Barrier Generator, but I do have an idea for a second once I get Zayne properly situated.

My favorite food would have to be burgers. With that, Douzo Yoroshiku!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back