• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Multiverse Union: Kitsune's Island

"Oooh...I'm ten right now." Yuchino crawled towards Cinder. "I'm working to grow up on my own, too! As soon as Nao dropped me into my mommy's lap, I was learning to fight all by myself!" She remembered how tough it looked, watching other fledgling Miletans take out those foxes. Then she was pushed into it herself, and she...well, she still stumbled over it. In the coming weeks, however, she learned to take the foxes down with grace and rhythm. Soon she was taking out brown foxes, red foxes, red spiders, white spiders, all by the bushel. Before the...incident, Yuchino was learning to gain the upper hand on common gray wolves. Miletans were a very friendly, kindly community, so if she needed help, she wouldn't have to go far to find any. Passerbys were willing to drop off more valuable weapons to her, just to help her on her way.

"Festivals...We have those, too."
Yuchino rarely showed interest in the events most of the time, but kept hard to whatever tasks they gave her. Helping the Easter Bunny paint his eggs, for example, was quickly performed, and a lot of fun, too. Now, what Cinder said about being scammed growing up didn't sound right to her. "I hunt my own food, I don't really sell anything. Miletans are really nice, though, especially the healers." It was quite a cause for alarm when Yuchino, or someone her age, wandered into a Healer's House, all scratched and banged up. However much Yuchino cried, their silky fingertips took the pain away, and their soft eyes reassured her that everything would be all right. She missed their concerned calls, their warm, soft bandages.

"I miss my home, too. It's beautiful. There's big fields and mountains, and the water is always so fresh and cool..."

II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II

Cinder.png
"Yeah... I don't think there's anywhere else that can replace the island my home rests at. The mountains that hug the capitol, the plains and forests that sweep over the gentle hills, the central lake hosting a series of ports for airships to land... All on top of a island flying miles high in the sky, from both above and below resembling a massive sea turtle. Though the massive vortex of wind underneath the island isn't so welcoming, since it constantly sweeps across the land below and flings anything light enough into an ever changing flurry of boulders and rocks the wind can move or lift." Cinder stated before looking up at the stars, trying to see if he can recognize something to attach him to home. To no avail. The stars were completely different than what he was used to seeing, especially since the galaxy above was much less vividly colored; with only a few purples and reds mixed in with the stars. The skies above his home almost looked like an abstract painting, with greens and yellows mixing with reds and blues. The moon that everyone looked up to in his world was a world onto itself, with water and luscious green land covering it's surface; though what lived on there no one knew. On nights where the moon rested within the planets shadow a few dots of light lit up parts of the surface, suggesting that another civilization rested on it's surface; or that those spots were volcanically active. Even the creatures on their own planet were somewhat weird, though the presence of magic was usually the answer. "It's kind of weird knowing that the sky here isn't the same as it is back home... Even the moon here looks so abnormal without the lights or the patches of green and blue."

Yuchino quickly grew teary. "Your home sounds really, really good." She'd always wanted to fly, to float away from her troubles. Imagine the whole island floating away from toils on the earth! She'd seen airships passing by during her travels, but never really had the courage to board one. Even in those moments where she felt some courage coming on, Uriah just pulled her away. "It would be so amazing to fly all over the world! But it would be scary, too. Wouldn't you get sick after a while?"

"I wouldn't." Vaporeontwo said confidently. "I already can float, what's living on a floating island? Mewtwo would probably love it."

Talk of the sky brought Yuchino's eyes into the air. Wow, a whole day had passed by already! "Miss Uriah would probably want us to start training soon." She chirped. "And what do you mean about lights in the sky? Do you mean the stars?"

"Yeah, and the moon was always all white and pristine to me..." Vaporeontwo's tail thumped.

Cinder.png
"No, the lights in the sky I'm talking about are on the moon that orbits my world... No one knows if it's just wildfires and volcanic activity, or if it signals there are towns and cities on the moons surface. Eitherway, it's definitely not stars." Cinder clarified as he continued staring at the stars and moon, finding it odd that the moon for Vaporeon was completely white. "Anyway, life on the floating island is about the same as anywhere else. You're still held down by gravity, the weather is moderate and calm often, and the animals are almost completely unaffected aside from birds. The only thing that's distinctly different is the fact that the islands are separated from the rest of the world due to the vortex, with the only methods to get on or off the islands being airplanes or airships. You could say it's more of a flying fortress, considering how heavily guarded the island is. Part of our islands history is that two dragons created a nest deep within the heart of a mountain, around the same time that humans started hunting down dragons. As more and more humans started searching the mountains they became more and more agitated, until they used their ancient magic to rip up massive chunks of land out of the ground and into the sky; taking anything that originally existed on top of it with it. That included several villages and towns that had been there for nearly a century. The rest of the islands history is a bit too long to explain, but the long story short is that humans and dragons learned to get along; though it unfortunately only applies to those on the islands."

"Wooooww..." Yuchino started to bounce at the moon. "I want to see what happens on that moon!" Dragons and humans together, what fun! Yuchino had seen lots of creatures, but dragons were very rare. They usually just flew overhead, or nested too far for her to safely reach. "Miss Uriah says that she knew a dragon, but she was really aggressive and rude. "

"That's just how dragons are, from my experience." Vaporeontwo chimed, tipping his head away.

Cinder.png
"Yeah. Living alongside dragons for so long has it's benefits, one of them being that the islands hardly ever get attacked. Due to that, there are rumors of other mystical creatures seeking refuge of the island, though there aren't many confirmed cases from what I've heard. Maybe once this entire journey is over..." Cinder paused as he thought of Uriah coming to the island, then almost immediately scrapping the idea in his head. Considering how quickly she threatened him over his powers being on the defensive, there'd be hell to pay if even one of the Empire's guards found her a threat; either ending with her getting in a fight with the dragons or in a massacre of the islands inhabitants. A lose-lose scenario. "...Once this is over, you could come join me if we're unable to reunite you with your family. Got more room in my cabin than I know what to do with."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back