• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Mortal Gods

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Heyo, RPN! So I'm rebooting an old RP of mine that kinda backfired. BUT! I'm on a Greek mythology high, so LET'S DO THIS!

The Mortal Gods
"So this is what mortality is like..."

Plot

Nobody knows how or why, but the major gods of Greek mythology have been turned into mortals. Their major symbols of power have been stolen, and thus, their divine powers have been as well. Now, in their helpless forms, they're forced to survive in the modern world, with the occasional monster coming after them in their weakened state. The minor gods of Olympus can only do so much to reverse the chaos, but without their sacred symbols, the gods can't do much of anything. So they have no choice.

They must ask their children for help.

Their demigod children, while normally scattered throughout the world, happen to be concentrated in one specific area in the United States, as if they also sensed the imminent danger approaching the world. Hopefully, with their help, the gods will be able to reclaim their former glory, before they're erased forever.

Rules

1. Please be able to post often, or at least let me know when you're not going to be there for a while. On that note, please let me know if you're leaving sooner rather than later.
  2. Work out personal problems in the OOC. Or come to me if something/one is bothering you.
  3. This is going to be fairly detailed in its own right, so no one-liners. They do absolutely nothing for the story. Just reacting to stuff isn't going to cut it, either. Howzabout we all work together to move the story along?***
  4. Romance encouraged! (At least between the demigods, hee hee.) But don't go too far! ^^'
  5. Stay on the same timeline as everyone else. I'll carry out any timeskips.
  6. I know this seems silly, but please have at least a basic knowledge of Greek mythology and its figures.

***There will be a writing sample required before I accept anyone into this RP. When you express interest, I'll shoot you a PM with the prompt, and you write from the perspective of the character/characters you're expressing interest in.
Characters

There will be the major gods of Olympus and then their demigod children. Depending on how many people are interested, everyone can have one or two characters. Just be sure to write enough for each of them!

Gods
Zeus: Ghost Toast Ghost Toast
Hera: PixieDust PixieDust
Hermes: Wildcats Wildcats
Ares: Luckz Luckz
Athena: Solaire_ Solaire_
Dionysus: stellar.nova stellar.nova
Apollo: Aukanai Aukanai
Artemis: Luckz Luckz
Hephaestus: @AnimeGenork
Aphrodite: Malice Queen Malice Queen
Poseidon: diwa diwa
Hades: Solaire_ Solaire_
Demeter: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Demigods
(please specify daughter/son/other)
Daughter of Zeus: sprouhtt sprouhtt
Son of Hermes: mxlly mxlly
Daughter of Ares: PixieDust PixieDust
Daughter of Athena: C Clio
Son of Dionysus: Aukanai Aukanai
Daughter of Apollo: @AnimeGenork
Daughter of Hephaestus: stellar.nova stellar.nova
Son of Hephaestus: PicaPirate PicaPirate
Daughter of Poseidon: deer deer
Son of Hades: Aquaknight Aquaknight
Son of Aphrodite: Luckz Luckz
Son of Demeter: Cheshire Grin Cheshire Grin

Note: Hera and Artemis don't have children on here because of how they are portrayed in mythology as the faithful wife and eternal maiden.

(To be sure that people are paying attention, include the phrase "Duck Empire" in your reply to this thread to show you read everything)

Please comment if interested!!! :)

And please be committed to this when you do! (That was how this died out the first time)
(Yes this will be done in threads, not an HP.)

Last edited:
*raises a hand* is interested in Demi-God, daughter of Poseidon! :D

Duck Empire has made itself known.

Edit: These emoticons are throwing me off

I remember a time... Where... Chaos isn't a god so FUCK.Damn titans. Actually I'm not sure what Chaos is so wanna give me a brief explanation (trusting google is like trusting that meth addict down the street who forgot english.)

Im interested in the child of Hades if its still open...

Sure! Lemme PM you in a mo'

I remember a time... Where... Chaos isn't a god so FUCK.Damn titans. Actually I'm not sure what Chaos is so wanna give me a brief explanation (trusting google is like trusting that meth addict down the street who forgot english.)

Chaos was basically the abyss that everything was born out of. Think of what our universe was before the Big Bang.
Now what does that have to do with this RP?

Chaos was basically the abyss that everything was born out of. Think of what our universe was before the Big Bang.
Now what does that have to do with this RP?
Okay, yeah, I did get it right. Anyhow, if I remember my Mythos right and I think I do, Chaos is a god or titan and I can't remember which one so yeah.

If Chaos is a god, totally wanna be it's SON.

Heey. Is Child of Poseidon still open? Want it. Or a child of Hades. ^^

Duck Empire. Quack quack.

Ooh I own the duck empire xD

Is Hera free?

Yes yes! Give me a mo'

Heey. Is Child of Poseidon still open? Want it. Or a child of Hades. ^^

Duck Empire. Quack quack.

You're gonna have to fight Twink to the death for child of Poseidon XD
And child of Hades is being applied for
Any other ones ya want? (Just in case)
*tries to be fair*

Possibly interested in playing Ares, and/or the daughter of Athena.

Also wanted to comment/ask if your following the typical Greek Mythos where Hephestus and Aphrodite are married. If I recall in the Greek Myths and Legends, Zeus Married her off to him almost as soon as she appeared to prevent her from being fought over.

Water Fowl Kingdom

Possibly interested in playing Ares, and/or the daughter of Athena.

Also wanted to comment/ask if your following the typical Greek Mythos where Hephestus and Aphrodite are married. If I recall in the Greek Myths and Legends, Zeus Married her off to him almost as soon as she appeared to prevent her from being fought over.

Water Fowl Kingdom

Yes
So my Hephaestus is basically ignored by everyone XD
I'll send ya the prompts in a mo'

Duck Empire!

My love for History doesn't let me scroll past this. I'm super interested in playing the daughter of Athena or Aphrodite.

Well, No, why I ask is that you have separate children for each Hephestus and Aphrodite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back