• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Galaxy listens to what Lucas says, and only replies with “thank you for your concern,” before turning to follow her father.

As they go a bit more, Jin mentions what Lucas said a while ago.

- You know, I feel like there's something you don't tell us either. You were at, what, "diplomatic conversations" ?

He sounds rather suspicious, but still with the 'too fed up to bother' kind of tone.

- That and you don't know anything about the monsters that fucked up the world to be like this. What, you some kind of prince or something ? Too busy dealing with angry diplomats and their arguments ?

DarkstarUchiha DarkstarUchiha

Lucas smirked, "if I was a prince why would I be here," He looked at him as he started to walk, "Also wouldn't i have guards?"
Lucas laughed, "No I used to be apart of diplomatic conversations for land I assisted towns in peace treaties as well."
He took out a key and smiled, "Any other questions?" Lucas had to make sure to keep up his facade. If he didn't these two and himself could be targeted and he couldn't let that happen.
Many Weapons Guy Many Weapons Guy

- Feh, whatever.

Jin so badly wants to beef at Lucas again about keeping secrets and having to lie to keep them... secrets. Though, he holds himself against it and just goes with what's happening now.
From outside looking in the forest, they can clearly see the fungi and flower parasites infesting and festering in the tree canopies and all over the barks and leaves. They look like maggots crawling all over the trees to spread the corruption like wildfire.
As they enter the forest, the area starts to go dark like it's night time like when the party had an accident with the coach yesterday, even though it's still broad daylight at the moment, time-wise.
It's as if the forest is of a different region of space and time. He prepares the gun.

- Clear the paths first so we don't get lost next time. Lights on and stay close.

He then takes out a flashlight and aims forward, while the other hand holds on the gun tight.

DarkstarUchiha DarkstarUchiha Galaxy_730 Galaxy_730

Lucas pulls out a key ready and than allows himself to glow with his aura. "There you focus on fighting. Ill keep the light available for everyone." He than thinks about Jin, he thinks I have a secret I know it. He'd been dumb not too. However I've given no reason for him to doubt me.
Lucas think about what is going to happen.

The forest is quiet. Too quiet, literally dead silent. Darkness still looms over the whole area. However, Jin is prepared this time. He's seen them once, he has no problem seeing them again. And when he does, he's gonna shoot first think last.
The scenery doesn't change a bit, no matter how deep they have been into the forest, until they found an abandoned camp site.
Jin looks at the other two, then steps closer to it, aiming both the gun and flashlight at it.

Galaxy_730 Galaxy_730 DarkstarUchiha DarkstarUchiha

- ... Keep your eyes out, kid.

Jin steps slowly towards it, now one hand holding his daughter's paw, and the other holding the gun aiming at the area.
This camp site appears strangely intact. The tents and bedrolls are covered with leaves, but are somehow dry and whole, as opposite to what they're expected to be, given the "living" forest full of parasite fungi and flowers.
He gives the place a quick look, then around the area.

- Someone must be nearby, if they're not eaten alive by the trees by now... let's see if we can find something here.

DarkstarUchiha DarkstarUchiha Galaxy_730 Galaxy_730

Lucas nods and starts to search and look for anyhting out of the ordinary, "To be honest what are we even looking for? You have yet to say that"

- What kind of question is that ? How should I know ? I'm just as clueless as you are. Just, look for personal belongings or something, I dunno.

Jin gets close and opens the tent to look inside. It's strangely tidy, clean, and dry... and, very cozy too. Seems like a perfect spot to rest.
He suddenly feels kind of sleepy as he looks into the tent, and quickly snaps himself out as he closes it and looks away, panicking a bit with how sudden it is.

- Something's not right here. I feel kind of tired... like, speepy tired.

And he's true. Whatever is going on here, Galaxy and Lucas start to feel the same as Jin.

Lucas looks over and feels the sleep, "What's going on I...." lucas drops to his knees, "No Galaxy, Jin." Suddenly in a puff of smoke Lucas is inside of a spirit named horologium.
Horologium waves his hand, "Hello, Lucas I have appeared sensing the danger. I hope that's quite alright."
"Yes Lucas comments with gratitude," Horologium says as Lucas says it inside. "I am very useful as you know. My defense is quite great. I am even able to stand in lava and provide oxygen as you are inside."
Lucas points to galaxy. "Can we help her, Lucas questions." horologium again narrates as Lucas is inside him.
"Yes we can sir Lucas if that's what you wish. Sir Jin may I?"
Many Weapons Guy Many Weapons Guy Galaxy_730 Galaxy_730

- Yeah, keep my daughter safe, thanks.

Jin's blunt and crude response sounds annoyed, possibly due to feeling sleepy that he has troubles thinking straight.
He takes a deep breath to keep himself awake, then goes to check on other things in the area. This time, the fire near the tent.
The woods are dried and still warm, a bit of embers and smokes come out from there, along with low but audible sounds of fire still cracking.
The more he looks at the remains of the fire, the more he yawns.

Galaxy falls to her knees and hands, and try as she might to stay awake, she cant keep her eyes closed. She tries to say something, but anytime she speaks she’s overpowered by a bellowing yawn.

Horologium nods and picks up Galaxy and puts her inside him next to Lucas.
Lucas looks at galaxy, "I hope your alright."
Horologium repeats what Lucas says and continues to walk around next to Jin. "So what now? Lucas asks. also Im sorry you can fit inside here Lucas apologizes" horologium states.
1590266399670.png

While inside the spirit, Galaxy and Lucas feel somewhat less sleepy, but the effect is still kind of there, they still feel more and more tired as time passes, but not as much as Jin.
The spirit, instead, feels his magic energy slowly drained away as well, instead of sleepy.

- Eh, it's fine, no stress. Just stay put, lemme check the rest of the area.

Jin dismisses the spirit's statement about him not fitting, and goes to see the bedrolls.
They look all clean and intact, and pretty comfortable too. If he were to sleep with them in that tent, it might be the best sleep ever...
However, as he checks the bedrolls, the sleepy effect gets worse to him, Lucas and Galaxy. Though they're not as tired as Jin is, they still feel as if they can just doze off inside the spirit.
The spirit, in return, feels his magic drained a bit faster as well.

- I don't like this... we better get out of here.

- You're fine because you're inside that cl... that spirit. I'm not. I say, we leave this place, see if the sleepy effect wears off. Because there is definitely something really not right here. We didn't get this sleepy until we got to the camp.

Jin responses as he stands up and starts to walk off, trying not to look back to the camp.

Horologium starts to walk off with galaxy and Lucas inside him. He heads away from the camp still fine.
Lucas looks at galaxy, "I dont know how your tired were safe in here."
Horologium is immune to sleep magic

As the party walk away, they get even more tired. This time even Lucas and Galaxy too. The spirit Horologium, instead, feels his magic energy drained at an alarming rate.
Palms are sweaty, knees week, arms are heavy, Jin finds it hard to resist the thought of just dozing off right at that camp. It does look pretty inviting, after all... he finds himself walking back towards the camp, almost like he's hypnotized.

- This... isn't... good.

His breathing gets heavier and more exhausted, as he tries to rub his eyes, even his whole face, to stay awake, but he still feels like there is something unnatural, literally dragging down. He gets a bottle of water to pour on his palm, then splashes it all over his face as he slaps himself as hard as he can. At the same time, he aims both the flashlight and the gun right at the tent, just in time to get a very brief glimpse of something moving through.

- I knew it. Everyone on guard, I don't think we're alone. I feel like we're being watched, even.

Galaxy is then aware of whatever her dad has sensed, and positions herself to be ready to pounce out of the spirit of neeeded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back