• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Dead Zones RECRUIT : Like Lambs to the Slaughter

Many Weapons Guy

Roleplay Type(s)
Doom has come to our world. You remember our vast galaxy, marvelous and magnificent, brilliant and luminous in the cosmos, among the stars. Long since the birth of the first star, we have lived our eternity in that ancient galaxy, observing the endless cycles of revelation, destruction and creation of all things around us, from an empty, pitch-black void at the epicenter. Our infinite gazes reached far and wide, but all suggested the presence of a source of life not found anywhere beyond the galaxy, and only from a singular world. We saw, found, and watched over it, primordial and lively. But, such a gem in the mud was bound to draw unwanted attention. The likes of us, of our kind, should never exis. But we do. And in our visions from beyond in the vast cosmos, there were dimensions and realms, from whence such unspeakable abominations emerge, those that unsettled and defied the very fabric of nature that shaped the universe and all things as they are now. There are deaths and horrors made manifest beyond comprehension. And then... the inevitable has finally come. A mere glimpse into the truth of our origin and nature, was enough to trigger the cycle of revelation. They awakened. They hunger. They are coming. You remember our vast galaxy, marvelous and magnificent. It is the root of apocalyptic horrors ! We need you. Return home, with us, and save our world from the creeping, hellish depths of the borderless, lifeless, life-craving void... of the Dead Zones, far beyond and below.

Greetings to all the lovely folks.
If you're a fan of Darkest Dungeon in particular, Lovecraft abominations in general, or just anything related to eldritch/cosmic horrors that there are, then I hope this RP is for you too. It also has a mix of utopia / dystopia too, but the daily hardships, no matter how dire they can be, are just icing for the nightmarish and hellish pits below and beyond.

CONVENIENT LINKS :

BASIC RULES AND NOTES :
  • All rules of RPN apply here, which includes being 18+ !
  • This isn't first come first serves, but hopefully it won't take too long for me to review your characters.
  • NSFW are in DMs.
  • Try to be active. I know, we have our own lives too, but if you don't feel like continuing anymore, at least let me know instead of just suddenly stop posting and silently take your leave. There are people's characters interacting with yours, so if you can't help it, at least make yourself heard so things don't get awkward.
  • Want to have extra events, side quests, or something like personal quest line for your characters, along with the main story ? Feel free to discuss it in the OOC and we'll see how to work it in the RP.
  • You can have monsters and creatures from other settings in the mix if you want. Skags from Borderlands series ? Enemies from Guild Wars 2 ? Even robotic ones like in Megaman ? Again, feel free to speak up in the OOC so we can talk about it. No actual characters like Sonic, Shadow, X, Zero, Axton, Rytlock, Toriel, Asgore and so on in, though. Just the general species.
  • Decent literacy, please, not asterisks. No one-liners either.
  • Don't make your posts too long ! This is just me personally, but I have a major problem with posts looking like walls of texts, and I may miss out some information or details here and there, and that would be a disaster.
  • Keep your posts organized. By this I mean, write in paragraphs, and have characters' dialogues stand out with different colors and/or in their own lines, away from the rest of the texts.
  • This may sound strange to you, but if possible, try to go with present tense, not past tense, to describe what's actually happening as the RP progresses. That way it's easier for me to tell what's what.
CHARACTER RULES AND NOTES :
  • (Almost) all species are welcomed, furries included. I don't mind if the actual background, biology and nature of said species conflict with the RP. Sergal ? Protogen ? Manokit ? Dutch Angel Dragon ? Doesn't matter to me. We're all in this hell hole together, WE ARE THE SAME.
  • Be creative with your powers ! You wanna have Stands from JoJo in ? Have at it. Personas from... the Persona series ? Be my guest. Though, I'd need you to actually implement the idea in with the context of the RP. If you refer to the term "Stand" or "Persona", no-one would understand, because it's not in the setting. However, if you have it like summoning magic to invoke the spirit of legendary figures, that's perfectly OK. However (below)...
  • No confusing and hard-to-understand powers. Last thing I want is another case of "How does King Crimson work ?".
  • No god-modding either. You can have a wide variety of powers/weapons, or a few that are your strongest signature, it's fine by me. I only ask that it's within reasons.
  • No killing anyone's characters unless they're fine with it.

Last edited:
I love that Darkest Dungeon inspired intro!
Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue.

I love that Darkest Dungeon inspired intro!
Monstrous size has no intrinsic merit, unless inordinate exsanguination be considered a virtue.
Thank you ! I'm a big fan of the game, so I really wanna have a RP going with it.
Inspiration, and improvement !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back