• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Journey of the Five Killers

aranafco

AKA El Paco

You are being chased out of a town along with four other people. The only thing you have in common is that all of you are willing to cross the world to kill the warlord Kirat Fressye.

How did you get here? Why do you want to kill him and how will you do it?

---

Ok, so the idea is to do a roleplay with a sort of mythological feel. It would be set once upon a time instead of being tied to any specific historical period, leaving it for the players to collectively build the setting and advance the story instead of relying on a GM to decide canonicity. The story itself would begin in media res, with the group already formed, this is to avoid any drawn out introductions and so the players able to think up parts of their backstory to fit into the current narrative.

I want to get a group with varied tastes, since the roleplay itself would probably work on a first comes first serves basis besides the occasional retcon for when you had something very good planned this means that at times we'll have to work out of our comfort zones. I don't think it would be a bad thing if it all doesn't end up fitting perfectly, part of what makes ancient stories so fascinating for me is that at times they completely lack cohesion due to being retold so many times before being written down.

So do you think it would be interesting? Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in playing a mage sort of character, if this kicks off. With more information about who the warlord is I could tell you more about what I'd like to do with said character. Keep me in the loop, please!

@lolisa The general idea for the warlord is for him to be a monster who inherited a position of power. Realizing too many people wanted him dead he fled the nation, but that was not enough for some people.

@gogojojo331 SAGA is sci-fi right? A bounty hunter would fit perfectly as long as you keep technological levels ambiguous, think ancient astronauts.

I can definitely work with that. If you make a thread for it, I'd be happy to join in.

And his name is The Will. He has a cat called Lying Cat, that can detect lies in anything.

2248132-saga4_web72.jpg

I could join, maybe as a more utility-based member? We would have an adventurer, a mage, a tactician and a jeweler

@Neddeia I like that idea, specially if the gems provide some degree of magic powers like in your sig. If you want a less combat oriented role then you could also serve as the squire of one of the other characters.

Thanks everyone for showing interest! I'll start working on the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back