• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Institute - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey hey guys, I'm about to start on my character to try and get accepted to join you. Anything I need to know before I start? Anything I need to avoid that hasn't been mentioned in the interest check or any powers you prefer not to be used, etc...?

Hey hey guys, I'm about to start on my character to try and get accepted to join you. Anything I need to know before I start? Anything I need to avoid that hasn't been mentioned in the interest check or any powers you prefer not to be used, etc...?
Hey, all of the character instructions are over in the character thread.

The only real rules I have are that your powers should have at least some kind of scientific rationale (nothing that is just magic) even if you can shoot fire or fly or lift things with your mind, it should have at least some rationale in science.

The other rule is that every power must have a negative side effect.

Hey, all of the character instructions are over in the character thread.

The only real rules I have are that your powers should have at least some kind of scientific rationale (nothing that is just magic) even if you can shoot fire or fly or lift things with your mind, it should have at least some rationale in science.

The other rule is that every power must have a negative side effect.
Okay then. I will keep that in mind and try to finish my sheet soon.

I almost like the idea of it being this heightened instinct, like a spider sense, that kicks in to warn them about danger or tell them which way to go in a situation where choices need to be made, but it manifests as hallucinations of dead people from their life. Like we are never sure if it's actually dead people or if it's just their instincts.

The side effect in that case could be the invasive voices making it hard for them to concentrate.
Oooo, I really like that!!!

hmmmm.... im thinking... they can heal by reverting their own cells into stem cells, than they can transplant them to other people.... but it leads to them being constantly weak, and in pain as their organs are constantly shutting down and being reformed.

Hi all! It's been about eight years since I did a group RP, and this would be my first time doing one on RPN. Do I post my character in the character thread? I feel like I should ask permission first 😅

Hi all! It's been about eight years since I did a group RP, and this would be my first time doing one on RPN. Do I post my character in the character thread? I feel like I should ask permission first 😅
Yep! Post it there and I'll approve it or give you adjustments.

Awesome ^-^ I'm really excited. Like I said, I haven't done a group RP in eight years, so since high school; since then I've only done lengthy 1x1 RPs, so I think this is a good way to train myself to have a bit of brevity with my writing ^-^ Quick question: can I write in first person present, or would you guys prefer I do third person past tense? First person is my go-to, but I'd be willing to give third person another shot! ^-^

Guys, what do you think, is the power I picked okay or would accelerated self healing be better? I don't want to be overpowered or anything =)

I don’t think it’s an OP power. Either of those powers can work but I think the one you chose is rather useful
Yeah that's true, it could be more useful to the group then self healing which is why I picked this over the other power but was a bit worried you guys wouldn't like it. I swear I won't make him use his power against any of your characters unless we decide on it/plan it together.

i was wondering if i could make a character who has had something to do with the company responsible?

PatriasLover PatriasLover for now I'm going to say no, only because of something plot important I am thinking will happen later in the story. Please keep it to one of the kidnapped test subjects if that's okay.
alright, fair enough. i was thinking a kid of one of the employees, not that said employee would know... but i can adjust it :)

IMPORTANT

Okay, everyone. At this time, if you have already posted that you are interested, you are welcome to add a character sheet to the mix, but I'll be closing for new applicants.

Start of the RP
I will be posting the RP thread this afternoon or evening.

Your character has been a captive of the institute for two months. During the day, they are kept on sedative drugs that render them docile and only partially aware of what is going on. Each of our character was subjected to different tests environments after being given a mutagenic serum that triggered their metahuman evolution.

The characters have seen each other in the halls as they were being moved to and from testing locations, but they have not spoken directly, partially because they were sedated, and partially because they were under constant surveillance.

As the RP begins, they will wake up feeling clear headed, because the drugs have worn off. There is a alarm going off and the doors of their containment cells are open. Power in the facility seems to have been disrupted and there are sounds of shouting and gunfire somewhere in the facility.

We will all meet in the main hall of the "dormitory" wing and begin our escape.

The RP thread is live.

*PLEASE* read the first post carefully, as well as the one above this in the OOC thread. I tagged you in the cast list on the first post if your character was approved. Other characters are still welcome to join if they expressed interest before I closed submissions and get their character sheets approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back