• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Institute - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
hey yall i have a question, what plowers are people planing on using? it doesn't have to be detailed, but i want to make sure i don't repeat anything...

hey yall i have a question, what plowers are people planing on using? it doesn't have to be detailed, but i want to make sure i don't repeat anything...
I'm still deciding, but I was thinking of something to do with energy pulses or sonic vibrations. Still working out the specifics.

Ahh, I'm wanting to make a character that can communicate with the dead, but I'm trying to figure out the downside part of it. A thought I had was the more he communicates with the dead, the closer he comes to being one. I'm not sure though haha...do y'all have any thoughts?

Ahh, I'm wanting to make a character that can communicate with the dead, but I'm trying to figure out the downside part of it. A thought I had was the more he communicates with the dead, the closer he comes to being one. I'm not sure though haha...do y'all have any thoughts?
That’s pretty interesting! Perhaps that can work. Maybe they have like several strikes like 1000 or something before they have to die, so he has to use his power reallly sparingly cause it weakens him or he starts to become more and more transparent or something

That's blurring the lines a bit between science and magic for me. The institute is doing things to tap into buried evolutionary traits to cause the metahuman mutations.

Can you explain the scientific basis for the ability? Is this person actually talking to the dead or is it an extra sensory perception of some kind?

That's blurring the lines a bit between science and magic for me. The institute is doing things to tap into buried evolutionary traits to cause the metahuman mutations.

Can you explain the scientific basis for the ability? Is this person actually talking to the dead or is it an extra sensory perception of some kind?
Ahh, gotcha. I'm not sure if I'll go with it, since it is more magic than science, so I wanted to get some input. If I do go with speaking to the dead, it'd be an extra sensory perception.

My other thought was something sound based (such as being extra-sensitive to noise) if you think that'd work with the roleplay better?

Ahh, gotcha. I'm not sure if I'll go with it, since it is more magic than science, so I wanted to get some input. If I do go with speaking to the dead, it'd be an extra sensory perception.

My other thought was something sound based (such as being extra-sensitive to noise) if you think that'd work with the roleplay better?
I almost like the idea of it being this heightened instinct, like a spider sense, that kicks in to warn them about danger or tell them which way to go in a situation where choices need to be made, but it manifests as hallucinations of dead people from their life. Like we are never sure if it's actually dead people or if it's just their instincts.

The side effect in that case could be the invasive voices making it hard for them to concentrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back