• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
What are the rules on creating a hunt?

If you’d like to host a quest please message me with a brief summary of what you had in mind. 😁

I would ask that anyone wanting to host an adventure has the free time available to keep the plot going and won’t leave characters stranded.

Hmmm, actually. I think I might make my second character first and then post. Planning for Romeo and Name To Be Added™️ to be talking in the Inn and such.

I would like to welcome... dramatic inhale...:

His High "Coot"ness, Zathar Rheveus Beiric-UphoMorith-Nohith-Mlezziir III Third of his name, hero of the Battle of the Croas, lover of the Queen of Hroth, and Spitter of Hogwash to the Hunter's Guild!

Panting... Panting... Panting...
Breathe Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

YO! Thanks for the introduction! I'm already loving that the myth stretching has begun!

Trying my hand at this character. We'll see where it goes! Oh.. And uh... Just call me Zath!
I would like to welcome... dramatic inhale...:

His High "Coot"ness, Zathar Rheveus Beiric-UphoMorith-Nohith-Mlezziir III Third of his name, hero of the Battle of the Croas, lover of the Queen of Hroth, and Spitter of Hogwash to the Hunter's Guild!

Panting... Panting... Panting...
Breathe Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race

In light of my entry, I was wondering how open we are to sort of coopting a hunt to get an overarching plot snowball going?

Specifically the current quest posting -- Oghma’s Ruins
Not sure how much is already planned on this, but was mulling over the idea of the god the goblins are worshipping, or at least some extension of, having a play in a continued plot to collapse the barrier wall. I slept on the lore of this world, so I had a lot of ideas.

Dont want to step on toes though, so my second idea, if this allows for the kind of thing: I'd love to run "hunts" that are just people getting wrapped into something by his high cootness, like poor Bjern. I'm pretty hyper focused on the wall. I still have dreams about the wall in game of thrones. There are theories that the wall in GOT is actually far more magical than it's given credit for ( by the people in the books). More than just a physical barrier. Hasn't been confirmed in the books or anything, but I was thinking we could run a bit with that.

The wall here is more than just a physical wall. There are runes, for example, carved on the sides and at the base. It has been so lost to time that there's likely graffiti and vandalism that affected some of the ruins, at this point. Yet, still, even in disrepair, the largest and most dangerous of the beings are being warded to the far north. But my idea is that there is a continued plot to degrade the ruins. Why? Nefarious reasons! Something like that. It would hopefully be a slow and steady reveal of the true purposes/reasons over time.

I imagine it would be like getting roped into an adventure with a slightly crazy Gandalf.

Last edited:
I finally got the first bits of the sheet docked out. Still got some to go and I think that I'll begin writing both New Character's and Romeo's backstories since they're connected. I feel like the lore behind them is rather interesting to be left out pre-intro, so I'll write it today. Expecting to be finished tomorrow.

I finally got the first bits of the sheet docked out. Still got some to go and I think that I'll begin writing both New Character's and Romeo's backstories since they're connected. I feel like the lore behind them is rather interesting to be left out pre-intro, so I'll write it today. Expecting to be finished tomorrow.
Looking forward to reading what you've come up with!

YO! Thanks for the introduction! I'm already loving that the myth stretching has begun!

Trying my hand at this character. We'll see where it goes! Oh.. And uh... Just call me Zath!

In light of my entry, I was wondering how open we are to sort of coopting a hunt to get an overarching plot snowball going?

Specifically the current quest posting -- Oghma’s Ruins
Not sure how much is already planned on this, but was mulling over the idea of the god the goblins are worshipping, or at least some extension of, having a play in a continued plot to collapse the barrier wall. I slept on the lore of this world, so I had a lot of ideas.

Dont want to step on toes though, so my second idea, if this allows for the kind of thing: I'd love to run "hunts" that are just people getting wrapped into something by his high cootness, like poor Bjern. I'm pretty hyper focused on the wall. I still have dreams about the wall in game of thrones. There are theories that the wall in GOT is actually far more magical than it's given credit for ( by the people in the books). More than just a physical barrier. Hasn't been confirmed in the books or anything, but I was thinking we could run a bit with that.

The wall here is more than just a physical wall. There are runes, for example, carved on the sides and at the base. It has been so lost to time that there's likely graffiti and vandalism that affected some of the ruins, at this point. Yet, still, even in disrepair, the largest and most dangerous of the beings are being warded to the far north. But my idea is that there is a continued plot to degrade the ruins. Why? Nefarious reasons! Something like that. It would hopefully be a slow and steady reveal of the true purposes/reasons over time.

I imagine it would be like getting roped into an adventure with a slightly crazy Gandalf.
I personally like the idea of there being an overarching plot or two. As to what exactly those will be, especially if it ends up coopting hunts made by other players, would largely be up to those players whose hunts are involved + the GM. From what I've seen so far, the number of players, along with the likelihood that there will be many quests with a litany of plots, plans and endings, doesn't lend itself terribly well to the idea of any one comprehensive plot in such a story where the world building and storytelling is really a collective effort (in other words, the more toes involved, the easier it is to step on someone else's even without meaning to... and there's kind of a lot of toes in this case), but with a little teamwork, I wouldn't be surprised at what could be achieved especially if people give a nod, ahead of time, where they want those quests to take us. That's just my input, though; Again, it'll largely be up to those particular players heading the quests to decide whether or not they want their quests to be involved, (in the case of Oghma's Ruins, it'd be FloofWhispers FloofWhispers ) and the penultimate goals of the GM ( Genii Genii ).

Last edited:
I like the idea that the wall may be under threat by something other than the ravages of time and a negligent King.

Other than being a source of monsters for our Hunters, I haven’t really dictated what could be found in the Wild Lands.

Perhaps the history books are wrong, or Herne went bad and plans to reclaim the North? Maybe there were people trapped on the other side who have changed over time to become a threat? Or (in true Monster Hunter fashion) a huge migration of monsters could be on the way (including a Big‘un), and the Hunter’s have to save the South from impending doom. Perhaps old King Baylin knew what was coming, but didn’t know when? The Hunters could even get political if they seek an audience with the King and ask him to fix his wall.

The possibilities are endless really. 😅

Last edited:
I like the idea that the wall may be under threat by something other than the ravages of time and a negligent King.

Other than being a source of monsters for our Hunters, I haven’t really dictated what could be found in the Wild Lands.

Perhaps the history books are wrong, or Herne went bad and plans to reclaim the North? Maybe there were people trapped on the other side who have changed over time to become a threat? Or (in true Monster Hunter fashion) a huge migration of monsters could be on the way (including a Big‘un), and the Hunter’s have to save the South from impending doom. Perhaps old King Baylin knew it was coming, but didn’t know when? The Hunters could even get political if they seek an audience with the King and ask him to fix his wall.

The possibilities are endless really. 😅

Polar's idea of the wall having GOT'esque magical qualities meshes really well with the idea of a huge monster migration. Magic being one of the most powerful weapons humans have to our advantage, it stands to reason that the wall would see some neglect if people from centuries ago thought the problem was solved by just "sticking a rune on the fence" and forgetting about it. And then centuries later, everyone kind of realizes "Oh... maybe we should've added some upkeep."

I'm loving seeing all of these new Hunters join :csmile: Plus the idea of an overarching plot or two? Hell yeah!

I'm gonna type up Lander's introductory post today -- excited to develop a little bit more of my tragic guy :smilepuff:

Turns out Renton is just a massive panic room for the rich folks. 👀

Also, why hire guards to man the walls when you can charge the Hunters Guild to do it. 🙊

Turns out Renton is just a massive panic room for the rich folks. 👀

Also, why hire guards to man the walls when you can charge the Hunters Guild to do it. 🙊
Looking at the bright side, at least there aren't gigantic humanoids trying to eat people... for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back