• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || Monster Hunting RP [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Maxxob

Member
Balthazar
Interactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

The little guy sure showed a lot of enthusiasm and energy. When showing his skills in martial arts, the old man suspicions were found to be true: Siwai was indeed a physical fighter. And a weaponless one at that, which picked his interest further.

He had heard in his travels about warriors that specialized in just that: turning their own bodies into weapons. He couldn't remember ever meeting one in person, so it was a rare occasion. When his small colleague demonstrated his other skill, however, the curious expression that was once on the mage's face turned into a serious one.

His robes waived slightly while during the demonstration, which had placed Balthazar's mind in an inquisitive mode. His right hand had reached for his smoking pipe, taking it out of his mouth and holding it just a few inches from it. His left hand darted towards his glasses, adjusting them on his face - "This is no arcane arts, it can't be. I sense absolutely nothing exhaling from him. Is it some kind of force I am stunted to?" - those questions popped into the old timer's mind - "What is a ki?" - he asked plainly.
 

nathanKmcwilliams

Resident Metalhead
Maxxob Maxxob
Siwai, peckish from the expendature of energy was already tucking into another drumstick, Siwai chewed quickly, trying to think on how he could explain Ki to Balthazar.

Finally finishing and swallowing the roast bird leg, Siwai answered Balthazar "it's...the essence of me. My very spirit, no- life force. in a form that can...hrm..."
He rubbed his chin and searched for memories of his time learning at the feet of martial arts masters in the monastery of Kirin Ou. "...touch the world around me."
 
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Tobias grinned and looked to Urzoth "So how long you been a hunter then? And how long ya known cal."

Lost Echo Lost Echo
Urzoth hummed, “I came about 4 years ago. My tribesmother knew Beryl and recommended her when my wanderlust grew too strong.” Their smile was nostalgic, “She was wise to guide me here.” Smiling slightly about the nickname, they answered simply “Callan’s been here, what 2 years?" They checked with the siren, "We’ve been hunting for most of that time,” With that, they followed the group outside.
 

Firelie

WHERE AM I? IS THIS WENDYS?
Roleplay Type(s)

Alice Evergarden

The guild hall was busy as ever. Still, through all the chatter Alice listened to Baltazhar's probing. "Magic, hm?" Alice tapped on her cheek as she thought up a good answer. "My, it is rather hard to explain." The white robed mage stood from her stool. Thin shadowy mist that had come to a rest at her feet clung to her and wrapped round the base of her robes as she moved. "It has a lot to do with reality and stability. Watch."

Alice approached Balthazar and held out a hand inches away from his chest. "Normally I cannot put my hand here through your chest, because duh." To demonstrate, Alice pressed her hand against the wizards chest. "Something else you may understand is that through magic many things are possible. I am quite sure you understand the basics of calling forth magic." Alice grabbed the tome clipped to her side, an ancient looking book with yellow pages and a crudely drawn eye made of loose cloth and purple paint on the front of the book. Alice hummed an offtune shanty and flicked her hand. The crude eye on the book spun ninety degrees and blinked. Suddenly, the hand pressed against the wizards chest turned to shadowy smoke and extended into Balthazars chest.

"That there establishes the basics. As it stands, I have sort of... bent the rules of reality using magic. Any caster does it on a daily basis." Alice hoisted her book slightly to bring attention to it. "With this as the, what did you call it, the conduit? Anyways, onto the interesting bit. Thus far I have channeled mana through my conduit in order to bend the rules of what is possible. Now, if I were, to say..." Alice flipped open her book, and suddenly there was a horribly loud noise, quite similar to the noise Balthazars portal made on his entry. Not a moment later Alice's whole form began to melt into the ground, leaving behind nothing but misty shadow as the girls whole being disappeared.

"Ta dah! Thus are the fundamentals of what is possible." Alice's disembodied voice announced from somewhere behind the wizard. Moments later, Alice suddenly rematerialized, seemingly suddenly popping back into existence. "As an experienced wizard, I won't bother to keep explaining things you already know. If you wish to speak more, perhaps I'll accompany you on a mission and I can show you an example on the field. For now though," Alice turned and picked up her stuff from the ground. "I have to unpack. Oh, and I'll show you my new addition to the collection later, Siwai. Drop by my room if you would like to see her. Please excuse me." Alice nodded to the group and slipped past them, heading for the staircase up to her room.

MENTIONS: Maxxob Maxxob nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams
 
Last edited:

Maxxob

Member
Balthazar
Interactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams / Alice Firelie Firelie

The old man waited for Siwai to find the best way to explain what ‘ki’ was, without rushing the kobold-avian. Indeed, there are those with an innate disposition to magic, in general and, while they are able to use it, quite a few times they can’t give a more precise explanation about it. After much study made by several different scholars, it still wasn’t a concrete science, but hypothesis and extrapolations. When he managed to explain, in Balthazar’s mind it all made sense. His serious expression change, his mouth opening slightly while he appeared to have reached a sort of conclusion - “Ahhh, now I understand it. It sounds like a life-force manipulation, from the core, to the outside” - that was the most clear way for the old man to put it in his own perspective.

It explained clearly why he couldn’t perceive, not even a slight trace of it: he was unable to do so. Clearly Siwai was more interesting than he had imagined, after all, he manipulated forces unknown to the magus. Still, it didn’t look like an art impossible to learn, a piece of knowledge locked for the old man. He then had this whole attention focused on the mage dressed in white. Her explanation was simply perfect, and he couldn’t find any fault in it, not that he was looking for any to begin with. There was something that caught Balthazar’s attention more than anything else: her tome. During both demonstrations, her hand being able to phase through his own chest and her sudden disappearance onto the floor boards, he paid special attention to both herself and her tome.

By reflex, when her voice echoed from behind him, he turned around, however there was nothing to be seen. His initial hypothesis was that both the old magus and the young mage drew energy from the exact same place, but through different means. He could only dream what sort expressions would be orthodox wizards and professors of the Arcane College of Vanir would materialize in their faces, watching such demonstration - “Oh, it would be an honor to watch an extended application of your magic in the field. Maybe you would like to join X’nerus, Siwai and myself onto the Oghma’s Ruins. I really appreciate both of your explanations” - the man said, first bowing to his short colleague and then to the girl dressed in white.

Without wasting time, he had his tome once again in his hands, along with his feather pen, making notes of all the information he had received thus far. Using a blank page for each of his guild colleagues, creating a small extension on top, so he could search it in an easier manner in the future. One of them, written in the common tongue, ‘Siwai - Life-Force’. In the other one, his notation was different, being one of the very same glyphs he used while writing in the tome - “... all done.” - he commented to himself, closing his book and putting it away once again. He blew the very last of his smoking pipe, before it finally ran out of the herbs. Noticing its end, he gave a small shrug, storing it inside his robe.
 

nathanKmcwilliams

Resident Metalhead
Maxxob Maxxob Firelie Firelie

Siwai pointed at Balthazar, his eyes glittered with recognition once the mage had mused on what he'd heard. "Oh! My masters said the same thing once."

He waved at Alice as she departed for her room "I'll definitely be by to look! Great to have you back around Alice!"
 

FloofWhispers

Your Werewolf Boyfriend, all cuddles, darling~
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

[ARGIUS IS AWAKE! THOSE IN WANT OF THE QUEST "OGHMA'S RUINS" MUST TALK TO HIM!]

Argius came down and yawned, seemingly better, but still looking groggy and hurt. Obviously he had not gotten enough sleep to tend to all his wounds, but just enough to get back on track of things. He immediatly ordered a mug of ale from the bar, tossing the bartender another gold coin.​
 

FloofWhispers

Your Werewolf Boyfriend, all cuddles, darling~
FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Siwai waved at Argius from across the bar "Morning sleepy head! I saw the listing ya posted. I'm interested in checking those ruins out!"
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

Immediatly, the Tauros came and sat at the bar next to Siwai, "Ah, good! I need a huntin' party to help me clear out those damned goblins. You ever hunt goblins before, laddie?" He gave Siwai a charming smile, though still bruised up badly.​
 

Maxxob

Member
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers

Seeing Siwai waving towards the newcomer who made his way towards his short colleague, the old magus listened for a moment and confirmed that the taurine was, indeed, the one responsible for the quest in the ruins, which he also planned to take part in - "If possible, you can also count me in for the quest" - the old man said, turning himself towards Argius, running the fingers of his left hand along his beard and taking his staff once again with his right hand.
 

FloofWhispers

Your Werewolf Boyfriend, all cuddles, darling~
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers

Seeing Siwai waving towards the newcomer who made his way towards his short colleague, the old magus listened for a moment and confirmed that the taurine was, indeed, the one responsible for the quest in the ruins, which he also planned to take part in - "If possible, you can also count me in for the quest" - the old man said, turning himself towards Argius, running the fingers of his left hand along his beard and taking his staff once again with his right hand.
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

Argius gave a great booming laugh, "The more the merrier, dear mage!" His eyes scanned the mage with a grin, "Always could use a bit of wisdom on a quest of rookies."​
FloofWhispers FloofWhispers Maxxob Maxxob
"Oh yeah. Of course I have!" Siwai grinned recklessly, "I'm hopin' for a bunch of them. I haven't had a good fight in a while."
"Well, from wha' I've heard, these are quite vile and nasty. They've defiled Oghma's altar and claimed the lives of the faithful priests who used to worship there." He said with a grim scowl.​
 

nathanKmcwilliams

Resident Metalhead
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

Argius gave a great booming laugh, "The more the merrier, dear mage!" His eyes scanned the mage with a grin, "Always could use a bit of wisdom on a quest of rookies."

"Well, from wha' I've heard, these are quite vile and nasty. They've defiled Oghma's altar and claimed the lives of the faithful priests who used to worship there." He said with a grim scowl.​
"What?!" Siwai's eyes blazed with fury at the mention of this slaughter. He slammed his hands into the bar and stood on the stool. "I ain't gonna let this kinda thing go on while I'm in the area! I dunno who Oghma is...but this is too far."

Siwai punched the counter and snarled in rage "I'm gonna make these monsters pay. I swear it."

((Siwai isn't a rookie in the guild, just in case that was missed in translation))
 

FloofWhispers

Your Werewolf Boyfriend, all cuddles, darling~
"What?!" Siwai's eyes blazed with fury at the mention of this slaughter. He slammed his hands into the bar and stood on the stool. "I ain't gonna let this kinda thing go on while I'm in the area! I dunno who Oghma is...but this is too far."

Siwai punched the counter and snarled in rage "I'm gonna make these monsters pay. I swear it."

((Siwai isn't a rookie in the guild, just in case that was missed in translation))
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

Argius nodded, "Oghma sees this all as a grave offense, and he wishes me to do something about it. This is my mission."

---

X'NERUS

HP: 90% / 100%

The feline, listening, was standing behind the mage, "This act of slaughter will not stand. When do we set off on this journey?" to which the Argius replied with, "whenever we want".​
 

Maxxob

Member
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Reactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams / X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers

It was pretty difficult to decipher Balthazar’s expression at that point. He looked unmoved by Argius’ telling of the slaughter suffered by the priests, which previously worshiped Oghma. Years of experience had taught him to be wary of what he is told and what the reality is. Still, it was a contract, one he was going to fulfill, looking out primarily for his own selfish goals. Not to say that the old magus was indifferent towards the plight of those who needed it, but that wasn’t the situation here: the priests were already dead and what they would be enacting revenge or justice, depending on one’s view.

The reactions of both Siwai and X’nerus told the mage quite a bit about their personalities. If he was a gambling man, he would bet that both of them saw such punishment for the murderers as justice - “Am I correct to assume that no goblin, regardless of anything, is supposed to be left standing?” - the old wizard asked, not to his own benefit, but to his allies. The number of things that they could end up finding in the exploration were so numerous, that he wanted to be certain they were ready to complete the quest in any possible scenario.

“I am ready to set out at this very moment. I just wonder if… Alice, I think that was her name…” - he stopped for a moment, looking at Siwai to correct him if he were mistaken - “... would join us” - he commented, towards no one in specific.
 

FloofWhispers

Your Werewolf Boyfriend, all cuddles, darling~
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Reactions: Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams / X'nerus FloofWhispers FloofWhispers

It was pretty difficult to decipher Balthazar’s expression at that point. He looked unmoved by Argius’ telling of the slaughter suffered by the priests, which previously worshiped Oghma. Years of experience had taught him to be wary of what he is told and what the reality is. Still, it was a contract, one he was going to fulfill, looking out primarily for his own selfish goals. Not to say that the old magus was indifferent towards the plight of those who needed it, but that wasn’t the situation here: the priests were already dead and what they would be enacting revenge or justice, depending on one’s view.

The reactions of both Siwai and X’nerus told the mage quite a bit about their personalities. If he was a gambling man, he would bet that both of them saw such punishment for the murderers as justice - “Am I correct to assume that no goblin, regardless of anything, is supposed to be left standing?” - the old wizard asked, not to his own benefit, but to his allies. The number of things that they could end up finding in the exploration were so numerous, that he wanted to be certain they were ready to complete the quest in any possible scenario.

“I am ready to set out at this very moment. I just wonder if… Alice, I think that was her name…” - he stopped for a moment, looking at Siwai to correct him if he were mistaken - “... would join us” - he commented, towards no one in specific.
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

"No goblin left standing. Exactly. Oghma wants them slaughtered, and frankly, as do I." He shrugged, "I have no love for cults or goblins or any of the sort. I only follow my deity's orders for...reasons."​
 

nathanKmcwilliams

Resident Metalhead
Maxxob Maxxob FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Siwai had significantly calmed down now. And a troubled expression now graced him as he wondered about the sentience of goblins and a wholesale slaughter, even if it was retribution for an atrocity...they were still sentient beings. Right?

"I'll defeat as many as I can. But I'm not gonna kill them intentionally." Siwai matter of factly stated. "Your Oghma can deal with them how he wants after I've knocked them out."

He looked at Balthazar, "I can go check if Alice wants to go to."
 

Maxxob

Member
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

A few nods came from the old man as he listened to the quest giver. He had guessed correctly the true nature of that quest, but still didn't seem to trouble him what was expected of them. An angry god, demanding reparations for having been wronged. Gods were curious creatures in the mind of the wizard: powerful enough to bend the reality in a way that only a handful of mages could ever dream of replicating, and yet always needing their worshipers to act as their own instrument. Maybe their true power only existed to the extent that they were worshiped. A small smile formed on his lips due to his small colleague protest on killing the goblins - "That would be perfect, Siwai" - he answered to the kobold-avian's offer.
 

FloofWhispers

Your Werewolf Boyfriend, all cuddles, darling~
Maxxob Maxxob FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Siwai had significantly calmed down now. And a troubled expression now graced him as he wondered about the sentience of goblins and a wholesale slaughter, even if it was retribution for an atrocity...they were still sentient beings. Right?

"I'll defeat as many as I can. But I'm not gonna kill them intentionally." Siwai matter of factly stated. "Your Oghma can deal with them how he wants after I've knocked them out."

He looked at Balthazar, "I can go check if Alice wants to go to."
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers / Siwai nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams

A few nods came from the old man as he listened to the quest giver. He had guessed correctly the true nature of that quest, but still didn't seem to trouble him what was expected of them. An angry god, demanding reparations for having been wronged. Gods were curious creatures in the mind of the wizard: powerful enough to bend the reality in a way that only a handful of mages could ever dream of replicating, and yet always needing their worshipers to act as their own instrument. Maybe their true power only existed to the extent that they were worshiped. A small smile formed on his lips due to his small colleague protest on killing the goblins - "That would be perfect, Siwai" - he answered to the kobold-avian's offer.
ARGIUS

HP: 50% / 100%

"Well, if you are all prepared, then we should set off. I'll be at the bar when you all need me." And he sat back at the bar with his mug of ale.​
 

nathanKmcwilliams

Resident Metalhead
Maxxob Maxxob FloofWhispers FloofWhispers
Guild Hall
"Alrighty. Be back in a flash." Siwai hopped down from the stool. He went off to the dormitories.

Firelie Firelie
Dormitories
Siwai wandered the halls of the inn up in the dorm area until he remembered which room Alice stayed in. Before checking in with her, he went to his room and gathered some of his belongings for the trip to the ruins. Siwai retrieved his quarter staff and a handful of healing potions he had saved for more dangerous missions.

Satisfied with the gear he'd brought, Siwai found Alice's room once again, and went to knock on the door. He knocked and called out "Alice? It's Siwai, wanted to see if you were interested in a job."
 

Firelie

WHERE AM I? IS THIS WENDYS?
Roleplay Type(s)

Alice Evergarden

Alice made her way to her room and instead of opening the door, simply took her stuff and melted into shadow to slip under the door. She took a moment to take in her living situation, then set her bags at the foot of her bed and her doll case on the desk. Humming a slow tune to herself, Alice removed her hat and set it on her bed. She was just preparing to take a load off when a knocking came to her door. With a sigh, Alice pu her hat on once again and went to the door to listen to Siwai. With a shrug, she once more melted away and slipped through the crack of her door.

Materializing suddenly behind Siwai, she commented. "That is what I said, wasn't it? To think we would be going now, though. I was quite prepared to take a nap. Not that I'm bothered." Alice smiled at the kobold. "Please, I'll follow your lead."

Mentions: nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams
 

nathanKmcwilliams

Resident Metalhead
Firelie Firelie
Siwai rubbed his head sheepishly. "I uh...could get lost for 30 minutes or so if you want to take your nap." He didn't sleep often, so he wasn't entirely sure how long a nap should take.
"I'm sure the other guys wouldn't mind, and I could get a quick meditation in."
 

Firelie

WHERE AM I? IS THIS WENDYS?
Roleplay Type(s)

Alice Evergarden

"That is very sweet, but I think it may be best if we join the others." She begins down the stairs, gesturing for him to follow, "come now, I am sure everyone is very excited for the mission." Alice made her way down the stairs and to the others at the bar. "My, it has been quite some time since I've done a mission. We best be getting on the way, yes? I can get the debriefing on the way there."

MENTIONS: nathanKmcwilliams nathanKmcwilliams FloofWhispers FloofWhispers Maxxob Maxxob
 

Maxxob

Member
Balthazar
Interactions: Argius FloofWhispers FloofWhispers

The old mage nodded as both Alice and Siwai appeared once again at the bar. It looked like the group was ready for the mission and the man would rather not waste even another additional second of daylight - "Let's depart, Argius?" - he asked.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top