• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern The Haunting of Llyod Mansion

Would you like to have an OOC discord, or stay on RPN?

• RPN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Discord

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

PaperGhosts

Interest Check!

Title:
The Haunting of Llyod Mansion

Genre:
Horror, Mystery, Suspense, Comfort/Hurt, Paranormal, Romance

Writing Level:
Literate to Advanced

Inspiration:
The Haunting of Hill House and
The Haunting of Bly Manor

...sins
come

back
to
haunt us...

1712 Charleston, South Carolina
The Lloyd Mansion is known throughout the town for being home to the most exclusive of families. Their plantation is small, and their lands are left mostly unturned. Shadowed by the deep woods it's nestled in, the drive leaves little traffic to grace the grounds. How they stay among the upper class is a mystery.

1770 Charleston, South Carolina
The Cohen family, first generation immigrants, arrive in Charleston shortly after coming to the Americas. Rather than join the wave of Jewish immigrants opening businesses, they find themselves employed with the Lloyd family's estate. They have been swallowed up by the mysteries of the reclusive family.

1866 Charleston, South Carolina
While larger plantations have survived the loss of slave property, the Lloyd Plantation has seemingly given up on the prospects of continuing operations. It is expected that they will soon abadon the property. Whispers say they will tuck tail and run for the West.

1880 Charleston, South Carolina
The surviving Lloyd heirs have sold ninety-three percent of their land. Prying eyes have said the mansion has fallen into disrepair. Help has dwindled, save for a few hands and, of course, the ever loyal Cohen family. The better of townspeople know to stay away from them all. Something is not right with them, and good folk should stir clear.

1886 Charleston, South Carolina
A horrific year for the residents of the Llyod Mansion. Grotesque murders. The last of its occupants has died today, leaving the fine police of Charleston scratching their heads. The remaining Cohens have been called back to their hometown to bury their father. Word around town is that they've been left with owership of Llyod Mansion, or what's left of it.

1936 Charleston, South Carolina
A city counsel meeting will be held today to decide what to do with the decaying Lloyd Mansion. It sounds like they will be fighting for legal rights to demolish the property. For the sake of Charleston's development, it must go!

1937 Charleston, South Carolina
The Cohen family widow has made a shocking appearance to fight for the rights of the property. It would seem the rest of her late husband's family wants nothing to do with it.

1951 Charleston, South Carolina
The Cohen widow is dead! The children won't speak of what happened. A police investigation is underway, but the townspeople expect it shall just be another mystery to add to the list of horrors that haunt Llyod Mansion. The property is once again abandoned.

2002 Charleston, South Carolina
Tragedy once again has befallen the Cohen family. They have moved back to Charleston from New York, looking for a fresh start. The Lloyd Mansion has seen more traffic in the past month than it's seen in over two hundred years! It would seem that the head of their household is renovating the property to be a peaceful bed and breakfast. She must not know the bloody history...or perhaps she's banking on its draw to tourists seeking a morbid stay. The townspeople aren't fond, but at least it will be less of an eyesore.

2019 Charleston, South Carolina
The Lloyd mansion has been taken over once again! Earlier this year, the youngest of the Cohen line has come back to take over the business ever since her grandmother went into hospice. The grounds that once were upkept by Mrs. Cohen have fallen somewhat out of date, but the graddaughter seems eager to bring it back to its former glory. Airbnb has allowed visitors from across the country to come stay. It's still being worked on, but the aged mansion seems to be getting attention from the younger crowd. Charleston has no complaints with a little more tourism. For once in its long history, it would seem the townspeople are wishing the young woman luck in her endeavors to take the unlucky peice of land and turn it into something positive.
The Gist
Lloyd Mansion has been hosting guests for the last two months, and the new management team is starting to get into the swing of things. All has been going well, with all twenty rooms booked for various lengths of stays during the pleasant fall season. The cold is settling in, though, and the Airbnb has seen off quite a few of its guests. Your character is among a select group of youngsters that have either just arrived or are mid-stay at the Lloyd Mansion. To put a damper on business, a hurricane has been forming lower on the coast, projected to hit Charleston hard before turning back towards the Atlantic. Thanks to these conditions, the few still left at the Llyod's estate have expected a couple nights stuck on grounds. However, once the storm has passed, they will come to find there is more to be afraid of than the howls of a storm. New blood may paint the Llyod Mansion once again.

Roles

Owner's Granddaughter - Reserved (PaperGhosts)

Team Manager - Reserved (TheBanditKing)

Cook - Reserved (Reach)

Maid - Open | A house cleaner that has been with the bed and breakfast before Mrs. Cohen turned it over to her granddaughter.

Guest - Open | Preferably early 30's or younger. They are staying at the Lloyd Mansion during this time. Can have a wide variety of circumstances and personalities.
Guest - Reserved (Desert_Blossom)
Guest - Reserved (beeswaxie)
Guest - Reserved (Beeze)
Guest - Open
Guest - Open
Guest - Open

Rules and Notes
I. This is a literate to advanced roleplay, therefore I expect the writing quality to reflect that. Ten lines minimum, good grammar and spelling, and a decent grasp of storytelling/character development is what I will require. Included in this expectation is that no powerplaying or godmodding will be present in your posts and characters. If I feel for some reason that your writing or character does not fit what this roleplay needs, I will kindly ask you to either fix the issue. If necessary, I will politely decline your involvement in the roleplay. I'm not a hardass, but I will expect you to understand what 'literate to advanced' entails.

II. This RP is about mysteries and some spooky scares. As such, I have determined that the roleplayers will uncover the whole story alongside their characters. Every character is allowed to have their own big secret or twist, but it must be approved by me so that I may found a way to weave it into the plot. We will discuss such plotting in DMs if you'd like to go that route.

III. This will contain mature themes, therefore I expect maturity out of each player. There is likely to be some triggering material. Gore (to an extent) will be present. Characters may die (with the approval of their roleplayer, of course). Romance is welcomed, so long as it follows RPN conduct.

IV. I would prefer activity to be minimum three posts a week per person, to try and keep the story moving. I understand getting busy, but I plan to dedicate some time to this roleplay in between work and my personal life, so I would expect the same from roleplayers. If you need a hiatus or would prefer to kill off your current character, we will work that out. You may also hand over permission to play your character to someone else. If you disappear without warning, I will eventually be forced to either move your character, or kill them off.

V. This won't be a terribly large group, so there will be a max of two characters per player. If you would like to play another, you have the option to plot a current character's death and replace them. Of course, this will need prior approval first. Please use semi-realistic or realistic art for character images to keep things consistent. Read this far? Tell me which is your favorite when you a reserve a character: Bly Manor or Hill House.

VI. In character posts and profiles should be coded in a way that is easy enough to read and mobile friendly!

coded by solarsaphia.

1712 Charleston, South Carolina
The Lloyd Mansion is known throughout the town for being home to the most exclusive of families. Their plantation is small, and their lands are left mostly unturned. Shadowed by the deep woods it's nestled in, the drive leaves little traffic to grace the grounds. How they stay among the upper class is a mystery.

1770 Charleston, South Carolina
The Cohen family, first generation immigrants, arrive in Charleston shortly after coming to the Americas. Rather than join the wave of Jewish immigrants opening businesses, they find themselves employed with the Lloyd family's estate. They have been swallowed up by the mysteries of the reclusive family.

1866 Charleston, South Carolina
While larger plantations have survived the loss of slave property, the Lloyd Plantation has seemingly given up on the prospects of continuing operations. It is expected that they will soon abadon the property. Whispers say they will tuck tail and run for the West.

1880 Charleston, South Carolina
The surviving Lloyd heirs have sold ninety-three percent of their land. Prying eyes have said the mansion has fallen into disrepair. Help has dwindled, save for a few hands and, of course, the ever loyal Cohen family. The better of townspeople know to stay away from them all. Something is not right with them, and good folk should stir clear.

1886 Charleston, South Carolina
A horrific year for the residents of the Llyod Mansion. Grotesque murders. The last of its occupants has died today, leaving the fine police of Charleston scratching their heads. The remaining Cohens have been called back to their hometown to bury their father. Word around town is that they've been left with owership of Llyod Mansion, or what's left of it.

1936 Charleston, South Carolina
A city counsel meeting will be held today to decide what to do with the decaying Lloyd Mansion. It sounds like they will be fighting for legal rights to demolish the property. For the sake of Charleston's development, it must go!

1937 Charleston, South Carolina
The Cohen family widow has made a shocking appearance to fight for the rights of the property. It would seem the rest of her late husband's family wants nothing to do with it.

1951 Charleston, South Carolina
The Cohen widow is dead! The children won't speak of what happened. A police investigation is underway, but the townspeople expect it shall just be another mystery to add to the list of horrors that haunt Llyod Mansion. The property is once again abandoned.

2002 Charleston, South Carolina
Tragedy once again has befallen the Cohen family. They have moved back to Charleston from New York, looking for a fresh start. The Lloyd Mansion has seen more traffic in the past month than it's seen in over two hundred years! It would seem that the head of their household is renovating the property to be a peaceful bed and breakfast. She must not know the bloody history...or perhaps she's banking on its draw to tourists seeking a morbid stay. The townspeople aren't fond, but at least it will be less of an eyesore.

2019 Charleston, South Carolina
The Lloyd mansion has been taken over once again! Earlier this year, the youngest of the Cohen line has come back to take over the business ever since her grandmother went into hospice. The grounds that once were upkept by Mrs. Cohen have fallen somewhat out of date, but the graddaughter seems eager to bring it back to its former glory. Airbnb has allowed visitors from across the country to come stay. It's still being worked on, but the aged mansion seems to be getting attention from the younger crowd. Charleston has no complaints with a little more tourism. For once in its long history, it would seem the townspeople are wishing the young woman luck in her endeavors to take the unlucky peice of land and turn it into something positive.

The Gist
Lloyd Mansion has been hosting guests for the last two months, and the new management team is starting to get into the swing of things. All has been going well, with all twenty rooms booked for various lengths of stays during the pleasant fall season. The cold is settling in, though, and the Airbnb has seen off quite a few of its guests. Your character is among a select group of youngsters that have either just arrived or are mid-stay at the Lloyd Mansion. To put a damper on business, a hurricane has been forming lower on the coast, projected to hit Charleston hard before turning back towards the Atlantic. Thanks to these conditions, the few still left at the Llyod's estate have expected a couple nights stuck on grounds. However, once the storm has passed, they will come to find there is more to be afraid of than the howls of a storm. New blood may paint the Llyod Mansion once again.

Roles

Owner's Granddaughter - Reserved (PaperGhosts)

Team Manager - Reserved (TheBanditKing)
Cook - Open | Could be turned into an NPC. Another of the small handful of employees at Lloyd Mansion.

Maid - Open | A house cleaner that has been with the bed and breakfast before Mrs. Cohen turned it over to her granddaughter.

Guest - Open | Preferably early 30's or younger. They are staying at the Lloyd Mansion during this time. Can have a wide variety of circumstances and personalities.
Guest - Reserved (Desert_Blossom)
Guest - Reserved (beeswaxie)
Guest - Reserved (Beeze)
Guest - Open
Guest - Open
Guest - Open

Rules and Notes
I. This is a literate to advanced roleplay, therefore I expect the writing quality to reflect that. Ten lines minimum, good grammar and spelling, and a decent grasp of storytelling/character development is what I will require. Included in this expectation is that no powerplaying or godmodding will be present in your posts and characters. If I feel for some reason that your writing or character does not fit what this roleplay needs, I will kindly ask you to either fix the issue. If necessary, I will politely decline your involvement in the roleplay. I'm not a hardass, but I will expect you to understand what 'literate to advanced' entails.

II. This RP is about mysteries and some spooky scares. As such, I have determined that the roleplayers will uncover the whole story alongside their characters. Every character is allowed to have their own big secret or twist, but it must be approved by me so that I may found a way to weave it into the plot. We will discuss such plotting in DMs if you'd like to go that route.

III. This will contain mature themes, therefore I expect maturity out of each player. There is likely to be some triggering material. Gore (to an extent) will be present. Characters may die (with the approval of their roleplayer, of course). Romance is welcomed, so long as it follows RPN conduct.

IV. I would prefer activity to be minimum three posts a week per person, to try and keep the story moving. I understand getting busy, but I plan to dedicate some time to this roleplay in between work and my personal life, so I would expect the same from roleplayers. If you need a hiatus or would prefer to kill off your current character, we will work that out. You may also hand over permission to play your character to someone else. If you disappear without warning, I will eventually be forced to either move your character, or kill them off.

V. This won't be a terribly large group, so there will be a max of two characters per player. If you would like to play another, you have the option to plot a current character's death and replace them. Of course, this will need prior approval first. Please use semi-realistic or realistic art for character images to keep things consistent. Read this far? Tell me which is your favorite when you a reserve a character: Bly Manor or Hill House.

VI. In character posts and profiles should be coded in a way that is easy enough to read and mobile friendly!

If you have read the rules and your spot has been reserved, feel free to start working on your character.

Last edited:
Definitely interested! I've been dying for a Hill House-like RP. Would it be possible to reserve the Team Manager role? I loved Bly ((Hannah and Owen <3 )) but Hill House is still my fave.

Interested in being a Guest! Although I've never watched Bly or Hill so my answer is neither?

Hi! I'm interested in this and read through everything, though I've never watched either of them. Can I still join? Or is prior knowledge necessary?

beeswaxie beeswaxie Beeze Beeze Hi guys, welcome! No prior knowledge of the series is necessary. This will have a similar feeling to those shows, but is definitely a standalone plot. If you have netflix and like ghost stories, I highly recommend watching them! 😊

Character page is up! I'll officially link them later when I'm not on mobile. Feel free to post and begin working on your characters. I would ideally like to start this up quickly. 😊

Reach Reach Sure! Glad to have you onboard. C: And thank you! I left quite a few details out for the sake of mystery, so I'm glad to hear that what I've shown so far is good.

Hi, guys! If you have read the rules, your character has been reserved and you may start working on them on the character page(linked above).

I am obsessed with the haunting series!! Very very interested in playing the maid or a guest if the maid has since been claimed. Also I find it hard to compare cause Hill house was a better horror story but I am a sucker for a romantic tragedy like Bly.

Last edited:
I love the Bly and Hill house series! Although, Hill House is my fav for the hidden spookies. Would it be possible for me reserve one of the guest spots? I was thinking of someone that tracks down places where death has occurred in an attempt to document a connection to the other side. Is that a type of character that would fit well in this rp?

I am obsessed with the haunting series!! Very very interested in playing the maid or a guest if the maid has since been claimed. Also I find it hard to compare cause Hill house was a better horror story but I am a sucker for a romantic tragedy like Bly.

Sounds good! I'll reserve the maid for you. I haven't been able to finish my character yet (currently roadtripping), but feel free to post and work on yours.
I love the Bly and Hill house series! Although, Hill House is my fav for the hidden spookies. Would it be possible for me reserve one of the guest spots? I was thinking of someone that tracks down places where death has occurred in an attempt to document a connection to the other side. Is that a type of character that would fit well in this rp?

Yes, of course! That sounds interesting. As said above, I'm currently roadtripping and my first airbnb is a bit in the middle of nowhere, so I will be slowly working on my own character. You may begin working on one when you are ready, though!

I'm aiming to start the rp by the weekend, if my airbnbs' reception allows.

Sounds good! I'll reserve the maid for you. I haven't been able to finish my character yet (currently roadtripping), but feel free to post and work on yours.

Yes, of course! That sounds interesting. As said above, I'm currently roadtripping and my first airbnb is a bit in the middle of nowhere, so I will be slowly working on my own character. You may begin working on one when you are ready, though!

I'm aiming to start the rp by the weekend, if my airbnbs' reception allows.
Yay I am so excited!! I have already started workshopping a fc and idea!

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts Hey so I was thinking of having my character be a non-superstitious professional theft who's staying in the hotel to meet with a client. Would that kind of character be fitting for this rp? He wouldn't be meeting the client though due to the hurricane.

Aravini Aravini Yes, that would be fine! Character backgrounds can be unique given the type of haunting this is. Just make sure to read through all the rules before posting a character profile.

D Dgjkbfx
We are still open! Make sure to read through all the rules first before posting on the profile page. We currently only have guest spots left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back