• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lily was prepared for another and hopefully last year at Hogwarts. She had packed everything she would need for her extra school year along with her favorite things: Her perfume, magical nail polish that Luna had gifted her, a couple of fashion magazines both from the wizarding and the muggle worlds, her pink diary with a pink heart locket that could only be locked up by a nonverbal magical spell. The diary was enchanted that it looked as if it only had contained 50 sheets, but it contained countless of sheets that never finished. She was feeling excited about the start of the school year and looking forward to the cooking of magic lessons. She arrived in time for the departure at the train station and since it was crowded as usual with students and their parents, she did not notice if the four odd students had arrived or not. She just went ahead to her first-class compartment which her father had arranged for her like the previous years. However, the difference this time was that she was travelling alone without Clarissa, Pegah and the twins.

…Well I am going meet Pegah at Hogwarts when I arrive... Lily thought excited. ...And my favorite professor Persephone Pyrites and my precious brother...and Luna will teach me cooking with magic. I feel so lucky!

For the first couple of minutes she sat still, taking in the view of the window scenery as the train departed. But then after only ten minutes she felt bored and picked up her magazines. She had just bought them some days ago, not only to keep up with the latest fashion but also to have something to entertain herself with on Hogwarts Express since she was alone in her compartment. The magazines kept her occupied for about two hours, since there were not much to read about but mostly to look at pictures. She found the muggle magazines boring since their pictures did not move like the pictures in the wizarding magazines. The reason that she looked in the former ones was because that she was interested in the clothes, accessories, make up and shoes. However, after two hours had passed, she tried to enjoy the window scenery, but after another ten minutes she was starting to feel restless and tired of sitting down.

...Ugh it is so boring to travel alone....why did I not bring a book with me...that lady with the trolley will pass by soon and arrive to my compartment...but I should not eat to much sweets....only one lollipop...just to kill time...

Five minutes later, Lily was sitting with a large colorful lollipop in her hand, trying not to feel guilty.

7880a6fdde6da225af8c4a3a472f025d.jpg

In the muggle world, such a kind of multicolored lollipop only had one sweet taste, but in the wizarding world every color of it had its own taste: Sourest lemon, peels of orange, sweetest cherry, sweetest pineapple, sweetest peaches, sourest kiwi and sweetest strawberry.

But ten minutes later she was bored of licking and licking her lollipop. She put a preserving charm on it and covered it with is wrapper to save it for later.

She tried to enjoy the scenery outside, but she was so bored that she wanted to scream. She tried to lay down and take a nap, but she could hardly fall asleep and ended up changing her laying position about hundred times to get comfortable, yet she could not find the perfect laying pose on the seats. She stood up and stretched her arms and decided to take a walk-in corridor but quickly changed her mind before she opened the doors to her compartment. ...The other students may think that I am lost and looking for an empty compartment or place to sit...I’m not so familiar with the rest of the Slytherins and there're probably a lot of annoying kids, starting their first year, everywhere in this train and then there are those four oddballs who never went to school and decided to retake the years they have missed. I hope they won't get sorted into my house and that none of them will take cooking with magic classes with me...I cannot stand them at all, especially that masked oddball......ugh I wish I could talk with Pegah or Clarry right now...Oh I could compose a letter to Clarry and send it to her when I arrive at Hogwarts. That's a perfect idea...Let's write letters to everyone I know and I may feel less bored...

221f2865ea3d740f742b8441747147ed.png

"Line up everyone!" Macnair spoke aloud. He had casted the sonorus charm on his voice so that all students would hear him. "First years to my left , the second years...."

Lily did not bother to greet Stephan, Rosaleya, Athena or the masked student and just ignored them as if they were air and took her place where she was supposed to stand. ...We never had kind of this gathering before... She thought. ..It must be something new this year since the entire staff of this school changed...I wonder what we are going to do...Elias should have told me about this in beforehand...I don't like sudden surprises like this...

"We are going to examine your trunks and none is allowed to leave the Entrance Hall during the examination!"

One professor was assigned to examine each class year of their belongings. ...Ugh, I wonder whose idea it was to assign this moron to examine my trunk... Lily thought annoyed when Flynn was about to examine her trunk. He had already gone through the trunks of Stephan, Athena, Rosaleya and the masked student and did not find anything suspicious. Flynn never opened anyone's trunk and only used his wand in case if there was something off while Macnair opened the trunks of the sixth years. To Lily's surprise, Flynn opened her trunk.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" She nearly spat.

"I am doing my job, miss," He replied calmly. "Apparently you have liquids in your trunk..." He held up her perfume bottle and nail polish.

"That's just pure perfume and nail polish!" She looked shocked at him with wide eyes.

"We need to get these checked up to see if it is truly perfume and nail polish as you say and nothing else that you are trying to smuggle inside..."

Lily got nearly speechless and looked around as if she was expecting to see her brother. But he was not present at the moment and her eyes fell on Macnair who was examining one certain sixth year student's trunk where he found an adult magazine.

"Ohoo..." Macnair smiled naughtily as he turned some pages in that magazine before putting it back in the trunk.

"Hey! Wait!" Lily burst out. Her face was red of anger. "How can you allow students with dirty magazines but not perfumes or nail polish?! You fricking perverts of teachers!! I am going to write to my father about this!"

At that moment the professors and students who were close turned their heads towards her. Macnair had turned paler than a ghost.

"Of--of---of course you-you--you...are--are...a--a--a-allowed..." He stammered, looking from her to Flynn.

"I was just going to give these to Mulciber to have them checked," Flynn explained himself. "You know all liquids have to be confiscated and checked…that's the headmaster's orders…"

"Come on, if she says it's perfume, it's perfume..." Macnair tried to reason with him while giving him the look that said -You don't want to lose your job, do you-?

"Are you favoring her because her brother is the headmaster and your best friend?"

Macnair got speechless and did not know what to say. This time his face turned several shades of red.

"Write all you want to your father, miss, I am only following the commands of your brother, no more or less. I am going to hand over these bottles to professor Mulciber to have them checked if it's truly a perfume and nail polish before I give them back to you! Is that understood?"

Lily did not answer him and only gave him a murderous look before looking away.

When the assigned professors had finished to examine the trunks, it was time for the students to enter the Great Hall.

"Please line up, the second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh years may enter the Great Hall!" August ordered the students.

"You four have to wait with the first years..." Flynn announced to Stephan, Rosaleya, Athena and the masked student. "It is because you have to be sorted into houses..." He explained.

Athena gestured to the charm bracelet she was wearing. "I forgot to tell you what these charms do."

Rosaleya noticed, amongst the many charms on Athena's bracelet, the three new charms that Athena had purchased on August first, at the demonic mall where they watched a movie.

"They each have a different purpose; they're items that actually work in real life, as soon as you 'activate' the charm. For example-" she took a portmanteau charm off of the bracelet and used a silent Engorgio spell. "-I put all of my contraband in this. Do you have anything that you need to keep hidden?"

"No...I think that my computer is safe." Rosaleya replied with an honest 'I don't have any contraband with me' expression.

Athena put the charm back on her bracelet after returning it to its innocent miniature size. "These two charms look like Muggle pagers. Here-" she pulled another charm bracelet without any charms out of her pocket for Rosaleya, and took one pager charm off of her own bracelet "-can I put it on for you?"

"It's not a cursed item, and it does not have any tracking spells on it." Jade informed her.

"Sure." Rosaleya rolled up her sleeve, and Athena put the charm bracelet on for her. "Do the pagers work like Muggle ones?"

"Exactly like Muggle ones...at least, that's what it said on the package...I haven't used them, yet, but this way, we can communicate with them." Athena smiled. "Let's try them out."

"This pager that you gave me has Rin and Len Kagamine on it...did you do that on purpose?"

"Did you want the Luka Megurine one?" Athena showed her pager to Rosaleya, ignoring her question.

Stephan looked away uncomfortably. Using the things that she loves the most to get closer to Rosaleya...I hope that she's not falling for it.

Two minutes later

"Cool, I've got the hang of it now." Athena smiled, having just sent Rosaleya a message. "Now, reply to mine."

Touka Kirishima: Kagetane- I mean, 'Edmund Dantes', is a sneaky bastard. XD

Jade laughed at Athena's message.

Lady Rose: The pagers are easy to use, and the designs are cute.

"Cool! I have another charm that I haven't tried, yet, but we'll save this one for later." Athena pointed to a compass charm. "Do you want any of these?" she gestured to the other charms on her bracelet.

"I don't know what they do, so I don't have a desire for them."

"Pick one, and I'll tell you about it. Then, you can decide if you want it or not." Athena offered. "These charms are spare outfits I have, and even a spare Hogwarts uniform...this one is my diary-" she shot Stephan a warning glare "-this bag carries my toiletries, this one has extra cosmetics like hair colouring shampoo and-"

"-hair colouring shampoo?" Rosaleya inquired.

"Yeah. Some demons have unusually coloured hair, but it's not naturally that colour. They use a demonic shampoo called 'colouring shampoo'. It works the same as normal shampoo, except that it dies your hair a certain colour temporarily. Do you want to try one? I switch mine up every now and then; recently I've been using purples. Some days, it was darker, and some days, it was lighter. You can't wash it out with normal shampoo, so if you want coloured hair you have to keep using the colouring shampoo. It's more like illusion magic than anything, so it doesn't harm your hair at all. So?"

"I think that black hair would be...cool..." Rosaleya said after taking a few seconds to process all of Athena's information.

"Here." she gave Rosaleya a packet of 'Black Colouring Shampoo'. "That's good enough for one wash. I also have colour contacts in here, and a few other items." she said mysteriously, replacing the charm on her bracelet. "There's another charm shaped like a lunchbox. It holds a bunch of Demonic treats and foods, and also some souls. I couldn't use these charms during the meals on that week,"

"You lasted one day." the Masked Man commented. He had been making drawings in one of his journals while Athena conversed with Rosaleya.

Jade snorted.

"because we were being watched too closely. But if you ever want some Demonic food, I've got plenty." Athena ignored the Masked Man. "Here, take a 'Never-Melting Popsicle." she offered Rosaleya. "I have three today. One is blueberry and chocolate, one is strawberry and chocolate, and the third is triple chocolate. Since no one else wants any-" she shot an 'I'm not sharing with you' expression to the boys "-you can take whichever one you want."

"Not poisoned, or laced with anything else." Jade informed.

"Before you pick, can I guess which one you'll choose?" Athena asked.

"Sure."

"Blueberry and chocolate." the Masked Man guessed casually without looking up from his drawing.

Athena's eye twitched slightly. He interrupted me before I could even say anything. Even so, that's not what I was going to say. "I'm guessing triple chocolate."

Rosaleya chose the blueberry chocolate one.

The Masked Man smiled an eerie smile, and Athena didn't allow her irritation to show in her eyes.

"I really love chocolate...but blueberries and chocolate is a flavor I haven't tried, yet."

"If she's given a choice between something she knows and something new, she will most likely choose the latter option." the Masked Man stated matter-of-factly.

Athena pulled out a packet of Organ Candies; gummy candies realistically shaped like human organs, and ate them happily. Doesn't bother me. He's going to slip up sometime, and when he does, she'll forget about him.

"This is delicious." Rosaleya said after trying the ice cream.

"It's my favorite flavor, too." Athena smiled, seeming to forget her previous interaction with the Masked Man. "Do you want to try one of these gummy candies? My favorite one is the-"

"Princess?" the Masked Man interjected "Would you be interested in having more of the Soul Ice Cream that we shared on August first?"

"No thanks." Rosaleya replied without hesitation, gesturing to her blueberry chocolate ice cream with an 'I already have some ice cream' expression.

"Is it as delicious as mine?"

"..." How do I answer that? Of course his was more delicious, but Athena is right here. How can I answer yes without offending her? Rosaleya gave Jade a sideways glance for advice, but before he could speak, the Masked Man had already take the ice cream from her hand.

"I see. Well then, if you do not want it, shall I dispose of it for you and replace it with some of mine?"

"N-"

Jade tried to grab for the ice cream, but failed.

"You don't have to be polite. You only deserve the best, after all." as the Masked Man spoke, the blueberry chocolate ice cream was swiftly replaced with a cup of his Soul Ice Cream. "Enjoy, princess." he offered it to her.

Athena glared at the Masked Man. "You're really rude, you know that? Do you think that she'll just be like, 'Sure, thanks so much!' after something like that?"

The Masked Man ignored her, and Rosaleya hesitated to take the cup, still trying to process what had just happened. He did that so fast...I didn't even have time to react. I want this ice cream more, but-

Jade pushed the cup of ice cream away. "No thank you." he advised.

"No, thank you." Rosaleya repeated. "I was enjoying the other one."

The Masked Man offered it to Rosaleya again, this time using the spoon to scoop up a large bite and bring it up to her mouth. "You're lying." he sounded as if he was smiling.

"Hey, you!" Athena said to Rosaleya, who had been about to reject the Masked Man without being polite "If you want that, then take it. You're not hurting my feelings if you don't want my ice cream. He's just being a _ _." she smiled; she was bothered by the Masked Man, and not by the ice cream. She wasn't the type to get bothered by something so small as her friend rejecting a dessert she was offering.

Rosaleya took the spoon and cup from the Masked Man, and he took his seat again with a satisfied posture.

"So, princess, I would like to discuss something of great importance with you." he said after a moment.

"Hmm?"

"We will be sorted, during the Sorting Ceremony, in alphabetical order, so I, as 'Dantes', would go first, then 'Fairbrook', then 'Garnett', then 'Lovett'. If you do not tell me which house you have chosen, then I won't be able to be close to you during the school year. That would be...such a tragedy." he said in a jokingly grim tone.

"I wanted 'Slytherin'. " she replied.

"May I ask...why?"

"The Ravenclaw common room requires that you solve a riddle upon entry, so I think that it would be annoying, even though I don't doubt my ability to solve the riddles." Jade explained at top-speed. "Besides; the Slytherin common room looks so much cooler than all of the others! Since we're going to be spending so much time there, it should look cool, right? The Gryffindor-"

"The Slytherin common room looks the coolest." Rosaleya replied simply.

"-hey, there was more to my explanation." Jade crossed his arms and pretended to pout.

"Very well, princess."

Lily did not bother to greet Stephan, Rosaleya, Athena or the masked student and just ignored them as if they were air and took her place where she was supposed to stand.

"What a _." Athena cussed just loud enough for Rosaleya to hear her. She put her arm around Rosaleya's shoulders. "Hey, do me a favor and don't push me away today, okay?"

Jade froze; he had been about to push Athena's arm away.

"I want everyone to see that we're friends so that they don't bother us. I mean, you don't want those annoying human girls trying to socialize with you, do you?" she gestured to Lily as an example. "I'll scare them away."

"But she's not annoying..." Rosaleya replied quietly. "...she taught me how to waltz at the Summer Feast and we talked about some stuff, but she was never rude to me."

"Trust me; she's a total _."

"Cussing isn't allowed at Hogwarts, it's in the rules." Jade informed.

Rosaleya repeated this line.

"What are you, one of these _ _ _ professors now?" Athena rolled her eyes, not taking Rosaleya seriously. "Lecture me when I get in trouble, okay?" she smiled with a carefree look in her eyes.

Stephan and the Masked Man stood close by Rosaleya, the former refusing to make eye contact with anyone, keeping to himself.

The way it's going now... Stephan thought.

I won't be able to get Rosaleya to myself... The Masked Man thought.

So I'll have to deal with those two and form a clique with Rosaleya. Athena thought.

An annoying plan, but it's my only option. Stephan, Athena, and the Masked Man concluded.

"We are going to examine your trunks and none is allowed to leave the Entrance Hall during the examination!"

I'll pay attention to what's going on in here...The contents of everyone's trunks will reveal a lot about their taste. That will make them easy to work with later. The Masked Man thought, paying close attention. I'm wearing anything of importance. He thought, confident that no one would find anything strange within his trunk. Athena and Stephan have the same policy for personal or contraband items.

Not a problem.
Rosaleya, Athena, and Stephan thought.

Crystal was checking the trunks with her wand; she didn't open any of them, as she found nothing suspicious within the trunks. Rosaleya's doing fine. Of course she wouldn't bring anything weird here. She thought in relief.

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Lily nearly spat.

"Ooooh, princess _ is having a problem." Athena sneered quietly. "What'd she try to bring?" she looked curiously over at Lily's trunk.

"I am doing my job, miss," He replied calmly. "Apparently you have liquids in your trunk..." He held up her perfume bottle and nail polish.

"Oh." Athena seemed to ignore her previous comments. She just doesn't have a way to bring her toiletries safely.

"That's just pure perfume and nail polish!" She looked chocked at him with wide eyes.

"We need to get these checked up to see if it is truly perfume and nail polish as you say and nothing else that you are trying to smuggle inside..."

I hear something strange going on over there... Luna thought, making her way to where Lily was.

"Write all you want to your father, miss, I am only following the commands of your brother, no more or less. I am going to hand over these bottles to professor Muliciber to have them checked if it's truly perfume and nail polish before I give them back to you! Is that understood?"

Lily did not answer him and only gave him a murderous look before looking away.

"There is no need for all of this chaos." Luna interjected calmly. "I will check them right here." she did so deftly and then returned the items to Lily. "We were not distrusting you; someone could have taken on your appearance." she explained calmly. "And there is nothing wrong with pornography, so we shouldn't scorn their predilection for such things. Have a lovely evening." she walked away from Lily, back to her standing place.

"She handled it...surprisingly well." Athena commented quietly. "I didn't expect that reaction from her."

"Have you seen that boy wearing the mask?" a few of the fifth, sixth, and seventh year girls were whispering.

"I think the shy, black-haired one is too cute!"

"Perhaps the one in the mask is a celebrity that doesn't want too much attention?" one imagined wildly.

"Perhaps he's got a handsome personality but a terrible face? Like the Phantom of the Opera?"

"Oh, you and your Muggle stories! He's probably just gotten an injury lately and is wearing that until it heals. A minorinjury. When he takes it off, he'll reveal an overwhelmingly handsome face!"

"He's probably just a weirdo that wants attention, tryin' to play it all mysterious and _." one boy suggested to the girls.

"What about those hot girls right next to him? The brown-haired one looks like the type that plays hard-to-get. Look at that emotionless face; she's definitely my type."

"Nah; the purple-haired one's more my type. She looks bold and carefree, with a lot on top, if you know what I mean." the boy gestured. "But I wonder why she's clinging to the brown-haired one? I hope that she's bi and not-"

"Cut it out." one of the girls complained.

"You're disgusting." another one agreed.

"What? It's human nature." the boy retorted. "Besides, I know that you girls would drool if you saw one of those guys without a shirt on."

"It's not the same!"

Jade snorted. "I can hear everything that they're saying."

"Do they think that they're being discreet?" Athena jeered. "I'll tell them that I'm gay. You'll be my cover, okay?" she said quietly to Rosaleya. "I won't do anything weird, just play along with me, please?"

"You're not actually like that, right?"

"Do I seem like that type of person to you?" Athena asked blandly.

"I can't tell unless it's obvious. If you're not, then I'll play along with you. There's nothing wrong with that. Nova told me that he and Reign-"

"-Yeah, I've heard about that. You should see them at parties; it's hilarious!" Athena laughed quietly. "Everyone's eyes bulge when they realize that Nova's dancing with a guy, and you can see the downhearted faces of every girl there."

"You four have to wait with the first years..." Flynn announced to Stephan, Rosaleya, Athena and the masked student. "It is because you have to be sorted into houses..." He explained.

"Sure." Athena smiled.

"Very well." the Masked Man replied.

While the first students were being sorted, Luna found herself trying to guess which students would end up in which houses based off of what she had heard about them, or how they acted, or their expressions during the ceremony.

Rosaleya Fairbrook, based off of her performance on August first, and Crystal's stories about her, would go into Hufflepuff...loyalty and fair-play. Luna thought. Stephan Garnett would go to Ravenclaw, since he is straightforward and intelligent. Edmund Dantes would go to Slytherin, and Athena Lovett? I think that it's either Gryffindor or Slytherin, but I'm leaning toward Slytherin.

At her spot at the professors' table, Crystal was playing the same game. All of them in Slytherin. Rosaleya told me that they're trying to get close to her, so they'll ask the hat to put them into the same house. Mr. Phantom of the Opera will definitely go into Slytherin with the way he acts...and the rest will follow.

When it was the Masked Man's turn, everyone was whispering about him. Some good things, and some negative things, but mostly positive and hopeful outlooks on what was hidden under his mysterious mask.

"Slytherin!" the hat announced, barely touching the top of the Masked Man's head.

The Masked Man calmly strode to the Slytherin table, and took his seat.

I guessed correctly. Luna and Crystal thought.

"Slytherin!" it announced after stalling with Rosaleya for three minutes.

Really? Luna thought, surprised, although her countenance revealed nothing.

Rosaleya told me she loves the common room. Crystal thought.

Rosaleya sat next to the Masked Man. Weird...it kept trying to insist on Gryffindor, and even suggested Ravenclaw...I wonder why.

The hat remained on Athena's head for approximately ten seconds before announcing "Slytherin!"

The damn thing suggested 'Gryffindor' but I told it that I wanted Slytherin and cussed at it until it gave in. she thought, sitting next to Rosaleya and putting her arm around her shoulders.

Where is Stephan going to sit if Athena and Kagetane are on either side of me? Rosaleya wondered.

"Probably across from you." Jade said. "Do you want me to push her arm away?"

No, there's no need for that. I'll play along with her. It's not a bad idea. Besides; it's the least I can do for her after everything she's done for me. There's no evidence that she's going to betray me, yet. Rosaleya thought logically.

Stephan caused a Hatstall to occur. Seven minutes later, the hat announced "Slytherin!"

I felt certain that he would end up in Ravenclaw. Luna thought.

He was probably arguing with it over the placement. Crystal thought.

Why was it so stubborn with suggesting 'Ravenclaw'? Stephan wondered, sitting across from Rosaleya.

"Oh my gosh, he's sitting right next to you!" one girl whispered to the girl beside Stephan. "Say hi!"

The girl beside Stephan blushed, although he was oblivious to this, keeping his eyes to the table. I will neither make my love for Rosaleya obvious, nor make eye contact with anyone. I don't want to interact with any of these humans any more than I have to. The Headmaster was an exception: I needed his advice. I'll confess to her as soon as I get the chance...as soon as she's alone. Maybe I should wake up early and wait by the common room door, so that I can walk with her to our first class and confess in the...no...love confessions are supposed to be special and romantic...Ah, I know exactly what to do. Stephan thought, planning the perfect love confession as the last of the students were sorted.

"We're so lucky that he's in our house!" one girl whispered.

"Looks like getting close to them won't be that hard." one boy said to the other. "They're in our house. Girls these days...give em' a bouquet of flowers and speak nice, and they'll return the favor." he winked.

"I'm quite sure that things will not play out that way." the Masked Man informed them matter-of-factly.

Athena caressed Rosaleya's cheek with a perverted look in her eyes.

Rosaleya had no visible reaction, as if Athena wasn't there.

"She's a good actress." Jade commented. "Too bad there's no drama club in this school."

"How do you explain that?" one boy argued, nodding toward Athena.

"Like I said before, just hope that she's bi."

"Why do you guys have to make it all perverted? I think that they look like nice people; I want to be friends with them." one girl said innocently.

"No wonder you were almost in Hufflepuff."

"Hey!"

His voice sounded so dreamy... one girl thought, staring at the Masked Man while blushing.

...I got my perfume and nail polish back quicker than I thought...I’m glad that Luna was there, thank Merlin...but honestly, how can they accept students to bring such disgraceful magazines with them. That was one of the forbidden items before Elias and Luna took over this school. Merlin’s beard, don't tell me that Elias removed that rule... Lily thought as she was sitting with the other seventh years at the Slytherin's table, watching the sorting ceremony with a blank look as if she was not focused but deep into her thoughts.

...Why did the deputy headmistress intervene while we were examining the trunks, this was our job...well that's not a surprise if she did that in favor to that girl. She is engaged to her brother after all... Flynn thought with a frown, as he watched the sorting ceremony.

When the sorting ceremony was over, Pegah looked over at the Slytherin table to catch a glimpse of Lily.

"Ah, miss Pyrites, I cannot see her..."

"Shh, the headmaster is about to speak, you can go down there during the dinner..." Persephone whispered.

"She is very mad..." It slipped out of Macnair's mouth without him thinking about what he just said.

Pegah was sitting in between Persephone and Macnair, but the latter one could still hear him and looked at him with a questioning look but then put a finger on her lips, meaning that they should keep quiet and speak later after Elias' speech.

Elias welcomed all the students and held a short yet enough long speech. "...mind that the rules have changed slightly and every one of you have received a parchment with the updated rules with owls. The new changes are that once you have turned seventeen, you may visit Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley during the school year, however you must get permission from the head of your house. Trying to get to Hogsmeade through the secret passage through Whomping Willow is strictly forbidden. The rest of the rules remain the same..." He explained.

...Huh? What about those dirty magazines then…? Lily thought surprised.

He then introduced miss Pegah Ferydoni as a teaching assistant for the MagiPsychology class and explained that graduates could join the staff as teaching assistant for a year or two before they could become professors. When Pegah was introduced, Lily stood up and applauded for her friend, while the rest of the students remained sitting while applauding.

When Elias had nothing more of importance to tell the students, he welcomed them once again and their plates filled with various of delicious food.

...But besides the slight change of the rules, what more surprising is that these four ended up in my house... Lily thought as she helped herself with a piece of meat pie. ...It barely took seconds and this oddball with his mask was sorted into Slytherin. I cannot see his face, but he seems suited for this house, but the rest...it took them longer to be sorted...the hat must have been debating about which house to sort them into...tsk I wonder what have got into these girls, chattering and blushing about a masked oddball...he is not the slightest charming, hiding his face....ugh I wish I could sit with Pegah and enjoy dinner with her like in the old days...but she is part of the faculty now and I cannot just run up to the staff table...

Suddenly, after twenty minutes had passed and Lily was enjoying a slice of vanilla and chocolate sponge cake for dessert, Pegah left the staff table and surprised her friend by passing by.

"Merlin's pinky dotted socks, Pegah, wow!" Lily burst out after they had embraced each other. They did not care if they were still in the Great Hall during the dinner time. "You're so beautiful. Becoming a professor really does suits you," She complimented her friend.

Pegah who was dressed in a long simple gown of medieval style with a cloak in dark red and had her usually straight hair half curled and in a simple updo, laughed at her friend's comment.

"I’m not a professor yet, but a teaching assistant," She corrected Lily.

"But in a year, you'll be! Professor Ferydoni!"

"Hahah, please do not call me that. Even when I become a professor," She smiled.

"Sure, miss assistant!" Lily winked, teasing her friend.

Pegah giggled.

"Well, I just wanted to see you and say hello really quick. I’m on my way to bed!"

"Aww..." They hugged again as if they have not seen each other for hundred years.

"Let's catch up in Hogsmeade on Saturday! Goodnight dear!"

"Sweet dreams!"

Athena and Stephan barely ate anything, only taking a few items and trying to eat them without grimacing. The Masked Man made no attempt to eat the food, planning to devour a soul or two later. Rosaleya enjoyed the food as she normally would've if she were alone.

When the desserts appeared, Rosaleya remembered the ice cream from earlier, and decided that she had had enough dessert for today. Ah, I don't know how to get from here...to the common room...and I feel so tired today for some reason, even though I slept early last night.

"Ask Crystal." Jade suggested.

Before Rosaleya could stand from her seat, Athena spoke "Hey, you look really tired all of a sudden. I wished for a map of the school from Nova before I came here, so I can help you out." she smiled.

"Ah, we should've done that." Jade frowned.

Rosaleya nodded, covering her mouth as she yawned and stood from her seat.

Athena clung to Rosaleya's arm with a loving expression as they left the Great Hall, and then proceeded to walk normally the moment they were in the hallway. "Dinner tasted like _. I'm going to eat a soul tonight. Do you want one?" she offered casually.

"No...I'm going straight to bed."

"Do you have an alarm clock?"

"...No."

"How do you wake up in the morning? I don't really need to know, just do me a favor? Please wake me up as well so that I'm not too late for classes?"

"Sure."

When Stephan made his way to the common room ten minutes later, he found Athena reading manga in an armchair.

"May I speak with you for a moment?" he asked.

"Sure. Where do you want to talk?" Athena asked.

"Two hallways down, there is a deserted hallway."

"Okay, then." Athena stood and followed Stephan.

Once they were alone in the deserted hallway, Stephan's polite demeanor disappeared. "Why are you interested in Ms. Fairbrook?" he asked with a dangerous look in his eyes. "Drink this, and tell me." he handed her a truth serum bottle. "I don't want anyone to hurt her."

Two minutes later

"I approve of your friendship with Ms. Fairbrook." Stephan concluded after hearing Athena's explanation. He wore a kind, carefree expression now "I was worried that you were working with him...or maybe just...you know..."

"I'm straight." Athena laughed. "Did I fool you in the Great Hall?" she teased.

Stephan sighed in relief. "Listen...can we be friends as well?"

"Well..."

Two minutes later

"...so that's what I thought you were up to with Rose." Athena finished.

"I wouldn't lie to her like that." Stephan said honestly. Just to be close to her? I wouldn't lie to her, ever. That would make me just like him.

"Well, then, since I only want to be Rosaleya's best friend, and you genuinely have her best interests in mind...why not? We can even work on sabotaging his plans for her. That ice cream thing really pissed me off today."

Stephan agreed. "Why is she letting him do whatever he wants? We should warn her, but we can't tell her anything about him."

"Yeah, well, knowing her, she'll get bored of him really soon." Athena said cheerfully and matter-of-factly. "Well, then, let's get back." she walked in the direction of the common room. "She's smart; she'll see that beyond his games and humor he's just a _ _ _ of a _ _ _ -"

"-How many cuss-words can you put into a single sentence?!" Stephan asked, impressed.

"Quite a few." Athena bragged jokingly. "Hey, do you have any pornography that I can read?"

"No. Should I?" Stephan added jokingly.

So he doesn't like that stuff? He's so innocent it's adorable! I'm so glad we worked out our problems with each other.

Stephan smiled to himself, thinking about Rosaleya.

"What're you smiling about?" Athena asked slyly.

Stephan hugged her suddenly. "Thank you for not having any ulterior motives for being Rosaleya's friend." he spoke genuinely in a cheerful tone. She's not manipulative and annoying at all. I misjudged her because of *name censored*. I'm happy that Rosaleya has a real friend now...Someone that actually just has her best interests at heart. I'll tell Rosaleya everything tomorrow...and I'll confess to her.

"You forgive really quickly, don't you?"

"You didn't do anything wrong." Stephan smiled as he backed away. "Tomorrow, I'm going to confess my love to Ms. Fairbrook. I need you to keep him away so that he doesn't interrupt. It would be a disaster."

"Sure." Athena grinned. "I'll keep him away. Just don't screw it up." she teased.

The Masked Man had been watching Stephan and Athena's interaction the whole time, but neither had noticed him. Now, he smiled an eerie smile.

The schedule. The full schedule was only available for the head master, deputy head mistress and the head of the houses: Gryffindor: Flynn Pyrites, Slytherin: Ivan Mulciber, Hufflepuff: Melody Wilkes, Ravenclaw: Faeryn Travers. The rest of the professors only got schedules on their classes they would teach, so Crystal could only see the classes for History of Magic. And the students only got schedules with the classes they were enrolled in. The prefects and head boys and girls were responsible for the club activities which were only allowed during the weekends and in the students’ hangouts. There was student hangout for each House. Quidditch training sessions were only allowed during the given times in the schedules and only students from year three to seven could join the quidditch team of their house. However, the head of the house and the team captain would pick out the best players. There was a billboard with news in the common room of each House. Lily was enrolled in one year extra to learn Cooking with magic during a year, from beginner to pro, so she would only attend the classes that were extra-curricular for Cooking in magic. She would not attend class 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 for that subject. On the other hand, Rosaleya, Stephan and Edmund were enrolled to Cooking with magic in class 7 and had to attend classes for year 7. Rosaleya and Athena would share dorms with Lily and other seventh years girls in Slytherin, while Stephan and Edmund would share dorms with other seventh years boys in the same house. Rosaleya, Athena, Edmund and Stephan might encounter with Lily in the library, Great Hall, Slytherin common room and student hangout. Since the introduction day was Monday, the first classes would start on Tuesday and students would get homework to do for next classes. Most of the classes were one hour long. It was only Potions, Cooking with Magic and Herbology that were two hours long, because the students would need to have time for both theoretical and practical lecture and also clean up their desks after practice. Cleaning after brewing a potion, cooking a meal or working with plans was part of the learning process and lessons. The professors were not responsible for cleaning after each class. Midterms would take part during the usual class house according to the schedule while finals would have certain dates during June which students would be informed about.

Schedule

Monday

Breakfast 8.00

Potions 9.00-11.00 Year 1
Astronomy 9.00-10.00 Year 2
Charms 9.00-10.00 Year 3
Ancient Studies 9.00-10.00 Year 4
Magic in Art 9.00-10.00 Year 5
Alchemy 9.00-10.00 year 6
Wizarding law 9.00-10.00 year 7

Charms 10.15-11.15 Year 2
DADA 10.15-11.15 Year 3
Arithmancy 10.15-11.15 Year 4
Care of Magical 10.15-11.15 Creatures Year 5
Herbology 10.15-12.15 Year 6
Cooking with Magic 10.15-12.15 Year 7

History of Magic 11.15-12.15 Year 1
Muggle Studies 11.30-12.30 Year 2
Transfiguration 11.30.12.30 Year 3
Wizarding literature 11.30-12.20 Year 4
Postmortem Studies 11.30-12.30 Year 5

Lunch 12.30

Herbology 13.30-15.30 Year 1
Potions 13.30-15.30 Year 2
History of Magic 13.30-14.30 Year 3
Charms 13.30-14.30 Year 4
Divination 13.30-14.30 Year 5
Study of Ancient Runes 13.30-14.30 Year 6
MagiPsychology 13.30-14.30 Year 7
Extra-Curricular: Cooking with Magic 13.30-15.30

Astronomy 14.45-15.45 Year 3
Muggle Studies 14.45-15.45 Year 4
Charms 14.45-15.45 Year 5
DADA 14.45-15.45 Year 6
Healing and Medicinal Magic 14.45-15.45 Year 7

Astronomy 15.45-16.45 Year 1
DADA 16.00-17.00 Year 2
Muggle Studies 16.00-17.00 Year 3
History of Magic 16.00-17.00 Year 4
Transfiguration 16.00-17.00 Year 5
Dueling 16.00-17.00 Year 6
Wizarding literature 16.00-17.00 Year 7

Dinner 17.00

Apparition 18.00-19.00 Year 6 & 7
Astronomy 20.00-21.00 Year 7

Tuesday

Breakfast 8.00

Flying 9.00-10.00 Year 1
History of Magic 9.00-10.00 Year 2
Potions 9.00-11.00 Year 3
Care of Magical Creatures 9.00-10.00 Year 4
Dueling 9.00-10.00 Year 5
Divination 9.00-10.00 Year 6
Magic in Art 9.00-10.00 Year 7
Extra-Curricular: Cooking with Magic 9.00-11.00

Charms 10.15-11.15 Year 1
Transfiguration 10.15-11.15 Year 2
DADA 10.15-11.15 Year 4
Herbology 10.15-12.15 Year 5
History of Magic 10.15-11.15 Year 6
Wizarding economics & Necesseties 10.15-11.15 Year 7

DADA 11.30 - 12.30 Year 1
Care of Magical Creatures 11.15-12.15 Year 3
Astronomy 11.30-12.30 Year 4
Muggle Studies 11.30-12.30 Year 6
Dueling 11.30-12.30 Year 7

Lunch 12.30

Muggle Studies 13.30-14.30 Year 1
Herbology 13.30-15.30 Year 2
Dueling 13.30-14.30 Year 3
Potions 13.30-15.30 Year 4
Astronomy 13.30-14.30 Year 5
Charms 13.30-14.30 Year 6
DADA 13.30-14.30 Year 7

Transfiguration 14.45-15.45 Year 1
Ancient Studies 14.45-15.45 Year 3
History of Magic 14.45-15.45 Year 5
Astronomy 14.45-15.45 Year 6
Arithmancy 14.45-15.45 Year 7

Transfiguration 16.00-17.00 Year 4
Muggle Studies 16.00-17.00 Year 5
Arithmancy 16.00-17.00 Year 6
Charms 16.00-17.00 Year 7

Dinner 17.00

Dark Arts 18.00-19.00 Year 6

Wednesday

Breakfast 8.00

Astronomy 9.00-10.00 Year 1
Charms 9.00-10.00 Year 2
Cooking with magic 9.00-11.00 Year 3
Herbology 9.00-11.00 Year 4
Potions 9.00-11.00 Year 5
Transfiguration 9.00-10.00 Year 6
History of Magic 9.00-10.00 Year 7

DADA 10.15-11.15 Year 1
History of Magic 10.15-11.15 Year 2
Care of Magical Creatures 10.15-11.15 Year 6
Study of Ancient Runes 10.15-11.15 Year 7

Flying 11.30-12.30 Year 1
Muggle Studies 11.30-12.30 Year 2
Study of Ancient Runes 11.15-12.15 Year 3
Divination 11.15-12.15 Year 4
Arithmancy 11.15-12.15 Year 5
Wizarding law 11.30-12.30 Year 6
Care of Magical Creatures 11.30-12.30 Year 7

Lunch 12.30

Transfiguration 13.30-14.30 Year 1
DADA 13.30-14.30 Year 2
Divination 13.30-14.30 Year 3
Cooking with magic 13.30-15.30 Year 4
Study of Ancient Runes 13.30-14.30 Year 5
Potions 13.30-15.30 Year 6
Herbology 13.30-15.30 Year 7

Muggle Studies 14.45-15.45 Year 1
Transfiguration 14.45-15.45 Year 2
Magic in art 14.45-15.45 Year 3
Ancient Studies 14.45-15.45 Year 5

Charms 16.00-17.00 Year 1
Astronomy 16.00-17.00 Year 2
Postmortem studies 16.00-17.00 Year 3
Study of Ancient Runes 15.45-16.45 Year 4
MagiPsychology 16.00-17.00 Year 5
Ancient Studies 15.45-16.45 Year 6
Muggle Studies 15.45-16.45 Year 7

Dinner 17.00

Extra-Curricular: Cooking with Magic 18.00-20.00

Thursday

Breakfast 8.00

History of Magic 9.00-10.00 Year 1
Herbology 9.00-11.00 Year 3
Magic in Art 9.00-10.00 Year 4
Cooking with Magic 9.00-11.00 Year 5
Wizarding literature 9.00-10.00 Year 6
Potions 9.00-11.00 Year 7

Flying 10.15.11.15 Year 1
Postmortem studies 10.15-11.15 Year 4
Magic in Art 10.15-11.15 Year 6

Magical Theory 11.15-12.15 Year 3
MagiPsychology 11.30-12.30 Year 4
DADA 11.30-12.30 Year 5
Postmortem studies 11.30-12.30 Year 6
Transfiguration 11.15-12.15 Year 7

Lunch 12.30

Herbology 13.30-15.30 Year 1
MagiPsychology 13.30-14.30 Year 3
Magical Theory 13.30-14.30 Year 4
Wizarding literature 13.30-14.30 Year 5
Cooking with Magic 13.30-15.30 Year 6
Postmortem studies 13.00-14.30 Year 7

Wizarding literature 14.45-15.45 Year 3
Wizarding law 14.45-15.45 Year 4
Magical Theory 14.45-15.45 Year 5
Dark Arts 14.45-15.45 Year 7

Healing & Medicinal Magic 16.00-17.00 Year 3
Wizarding economics & Necesseties 16.00-17.00 Year 4
Wizarding law 16.00-17.00 Year 5
MagiPsychology 15.45-16.45 Year 6
Alchemy 15.45-16.45 Year 7

Dinner 17.00

Extra-Curricular: Cooking with Magic 18.00-20.00

Friday

8.00 Breakfast

Potions 9.00-11.00 Year 1
Herbology 9.00-11.00 Year 2
Wizarding law 9.00-10.00 Year 3
Healing & Medicinal Magic 9.00-10.00 Year 4
Wizarding economics & Necesseties 9.00-10.00 Year 5
Magical Theory 9.00-10.00 Year 6
Ancient Studies 9.00-10.00 Year 7
Extra-Curricular: Cooking with Magic 9.00-11.00

Wizarding economics & Necesseties 10.15-11.15 Year 3
Dueling 10.15-11.15 Year 4
Healing & Medicinal Magic 10.15-11.15 Year 5
Magical Theory 10.15-11.15 Year 7

Arithmancy 11.30-12.30 Year 3
Dark Arts - 11.30-12.30 Year 4
Healing & Medicinal Magic 11.15-12.15 Year 6
Divination 11.30-12.30 Year 7

Lunch 12.30

Potions 13.30-15.30 Year 2
Dark Arts 13.30-14.30 Year 5
Wizarding economics & Necesseties 13.30-14.30 Year 6

15.00-17.00 Reserved for Guest Lectures and Quidditch matches (More information will be announced on the billboard of each House, 1 week in beforehand)

Dinner 17.00

Saturday

Breakfast 8.00

Club activity: Choir 9.00-10.00
Quidditch training session 10.15-12.15 Slytherin

Lunch 12.30

Club activity: Wizarding Chess 13.30-14.30
Quidditch training session 14.45-16.45 Ravenclaw

Dinner 17.00

Sunday

Breakfast 8.00

Club Activity: Musical Instruments 9.00-10.00
Quidditch training session 10.15-12.15 Gryffindor

Lunch 12.30

Club Activity: Gobstones 13.30-14.30
Quidditch training session 14.45-16.45 Hufflepuff

Dinner 17.00

Examinations

Midterms: 1st December - 18th December

Finals - June

Holidays

Halloween Friday-Sunday week 44

Christmas & New Year 20/12- 6/1. Classes always resume on a working day after 6/1.

Easter 15th April-28th April. Classes always resume on a working day after 28th April.

Summer July-August

...Merlin's beard, I start with cooking with magic next morning at 9 o'clock... Lily thought with a frown. ...And I forget to compare my schedule with Pegah's. Guess I have to wait till Saturday arrives till we can meet. I have class every day and I will have more homework to do…but oh it is just one subject anyway... She placed her schedule in her school bag beside her trunk under her bed and cuddled under her blanket. …Who knew I would come back to Hogwarts...In the beginning I expected to have private classes with Luna at her manor...however things have changed... She thought dreamily.
...Hopefully this year is going to be better...I got a bad start with professor Pyrites, but it does not matter, because I will hardly see him now...I am so happy that Luna is here...she saves me from detentions and having my things confiscated from the other professors like Pyrites...

Tuesday

"Rosaleya...it's time to wake up." Jade said softly. "You said that you'd sit by the lake with me this morning. You promised."

No one else was awake yet, so Rosaleya quietly got ready, left the dorms, and sat by the lake with Jade, enjoying the scenery as he read the day's schedule to her.

Halfway through, he paused. "It's about time to wake Athena up. I'll go push her off of her bed." he smirked, preparing to jump away with a sideways glance at Rosaleya, as if he was half-expecting her to stop him.

"Don't. Just put a few drops of water on her face until she wakes up. " Rosaleya replied.

"Okay!" Jade left.

Not too much water...I don't want you to make a mess.

"Of course, of course!" Jade laughed.

"Good morning, princess." the Masked Man sounded as if he was smiling as he sat beside her.

" 'mornin'. " Rosaleya replied coldly, with her eyes still to her schedule.

What? Why is she suddenly so cold again? What happened? Did I do something wrong?

"Tonight, please give me a dream of how you see Kagetane, Athena, Stephan, and I ending up in a few weeks, with the way things are going now." Rosaleya instructed Jade. "That way, instead of making a wish to fix it, I can pretend that this dream is like a premonition.

"I knew that you would ignore me on the train, so I didn't bother protesting...but I also knew that you'd ask for something like this." Jade smiled. "I'll show it to you from my point of view. Sweet dreams." he said in an eerie tone.

"_!" Athena cussed the moment she hit the floor. "Who the _ pushed me off the bed?!"

She looked around to find a bunch of irritated expressions for her loud voice, which had caused a rude awakening for many of the girls.

Jade was laughing at the scene. He had been about to summon a few droplets of water, but she had somehow fallen off of the bed.

Rosaleya turned to the Masked Man. "I need some time away from you." she said honestly, though looking at him with a cold look in her eyes.

"What have I done to warrant such coldness, princess?" the Masked Man asked, sounding so hurt that his world might end if he had to leave Rosaleya alone.

"Sorry." Athena apologized with a shrug, rubbing the back of her head, which hurt. She didn't even bother making it sound genuine, or give a slight pause before she continued to her next sentence. "Well, it's seven-something anyway, so I guess we should just get ready." She laughed in a carefree way as she headed toward the bathrooms, followed by her towel, which was floating in the air behind her. Like I really give a _ about whether you _ _ get proper sleep or not...where's Rosaleya? She left without waking me up? What gives?

"Have I truly caused you such displeasure in my presence?" Please tell me what I have done wrong...you never had a problem with my actions in the past.

Rosaleya gave a brief sigh. "You want to know so badly?" she asked dryly.

"Of course."

"First: it feels like I'm having fun with you, but whenever I look back, I realize that you've either been really pushy or tricky with me. It reminds me a bit of my Dad; he only has fun when he controls everything that I do, and that's why I hate going places with him. He twists my words sometimes to make it sound like I meant something else, and that trick is how he wins most of our arguments...Second: you're giving me too many gifts. It's-"

"Do you not like them?"

"-it's not that I don't like them. It's just that..." she sighed with a momentarily irritated expression at having to explain this "...my father used to give me gifts after a fight, and act really nice to me for a while, until our next fight, where he would get angry, remind me of everything that he had 'gifted me' and then the cycle would repeat. I could tell that he wasn't doing it for me...it was as if he was trying to make himself feel better about something; to confirm that he was a good father and a good person. So I started hating his gifts as well. I may sound spoilt, but to be honest, I'd much prefer it if someone just acts nice and honest-" like Nova...and Asmodeus... "-because that feeling of friendship is better than any gifts. There's a difference....but I'm not sure if I can explain it properly to you." Rosaleya looked at him, waiting for him to ask another question.

He seemed to reflect upon her words for a moment before replying. "But Athena also gave you gifts."

"It's slightly different than the way you do it, but I didn't say that I liked Athena's ways either."

"I see...Very well then, I will refrain from doing the things that you spoke of princess, so-" he raised his arm to put around her shoulders, although Rosaleya slapped it away, not bothering to change her cold expression.

"Don't touch me. That month that you got from the game night we had before we came for the Pre-Exams? Forget it. You're not allowed to use it until I tell you so." she stood.

"Princess-" the Masked Man stood as well.

"-my name is 'Fairbrook'. " Rosaleya said firmly. "Also, you keep saying 'in a past life', but as far as I know, there is no re-incarnation system. Explain yourself, or-" she turned and walked away. If he really wants for me to stop being cold, then he will stop being so tricky and secretive. Maybe I'll be able to understand and accept him more if I know what's really going on. If not, then _ him. Once again, Jade helped me out.

The Masked Man laughed. In the end, she hasn't changed at all. She's still the same person from before. And I still love her too much to stay away from her. But I cannot tell her who I am until... he sighed a deep, tired sigh, with his hand to his heart ...I miss her so much...but she can't remember me...

"Why didn't you wake me up this morning?" Athena asked Rosaleya during breakfast. She was sitting next to her in the Great Hall, once again giving off the impression, to everyone else, that she and Rosaleya were more than friends.

"I did." Rosaleya replied nonchalantly, giving Jade a sideways glance for confirmation.

"I did try to use water...but somehow, she fell of the bed." Jade shrugged with a smirk.

I can't tell if he did as I asked, or not...but he's a part of me, so he should do what I tell him to do, right? Is there a way that I can tell him to do something, and he disobeys me? Rosaleya wondered.

"That was you?" Athena asked, then burst out into laughter. "Nice prank! It was funny. You should've seen the faces of those brats when they got a rude awakening." she tried to eat a piece of toast without grimacing, but only half-succeeded. "Seriously, though, could'ya wake me up normally tomorrow? I heal fast-" she gestured to where she had hit her head "-but still."

"Sure." Did you, or did you not, follow my instructions? Rosaleya gave Jade another sideways glance, but he only stared back with an innocent countenance.

Where is Stephan? Athena wondered while she tried to eat a piece of fruit. Maybe he's eating alone this morning...

"...and you're the only one that I've ever felt this way toward...No, that's a terrible last sentence. Hmm...I've never felt this way toward anyone else? I love you so much that I want to break your legs if you try to leave me...ah, these won't work." Stephan sighed, leaning against a tree and gazing at the sky "If anyone lays eyes on you I want to end their life. No, that won't work, either. Rosaleya..."

Practicing a love confession in the open like this? The Masked Man thought, eavesdropping from a few feet away, where he had made himself invisible.

"...and feed them their own entrails. No, that won't work, either! Why is this so difficult?"

Did you think that just because you were in the grounds, further from the castle, that you wouldn't be observed?

"When I look at the sea, its beauty doesn't compare to yours. I don't see what you see when I look at it; I only see myself sitting beside it, catching a variety of fish for you, to make the sushi that I know is your favorite food. Argh!" he punched the tree, which shook violently. Writer's block on this important day?!

Were you the one that wrote her those love letters? Because right now, it doesn't look as though you're very eloquent at all.

What class is coming up next for me? I can't remember the schedule very well. Rosaleya tried to remember.

"It's Magic in Art." Jade informed her. "I remember the schedule."

"Hey, later, can we compare our schedules?" Athena asked.

"Sure."

"Such a showoff." one girl whispered to the other.

"Does she really have to use wandless magic for everything, and multitask as well?"

Rosaleya and Jade were using their wonderful teamwork during Magic in Art class to complete a more difficult task.

"Why is she even here if she can do it so well? She's wearing such an emotionless expression; it's like she's not even concentrating at all!"

"What is she even drawing? Pink trees, and weird structures?"

"I think that those are the styles of the oriental structures."

"Her skills are wonderful! I want to paint just like that when I graduate!"

"I wish that she was my tutor!"

"Maybe if we become friends, she'll tell us her secret!"

"She's probably cheating."

Rosaleya ignored their whispers, painting a lovely area of Sakura Temple. She remembered it clearly from the day that she had visited it with Reign. She even drew the green tea and green tea ice cream that they had enjoyed while kneeling on the cushions. Still, I can't draw anything except for scenery...but, this will be my first time animating it, so I wonder how it will turn out.

"Look at his!" one girl said, nudging her friend and nodding toward the Masked Man.

"His painting is so filthy! Why did you draw attention to it?!"

"He's going to animate that?!"

"It looks nice." one of the boys smirked with a perverted look in his eyes.

"Yeah." another boy agreed.

"I wish I could paint like that."

Rosaleya heard this, and turned to see the Masked Man's painting, her eyebrows rising slightly.

"I wonder what her reaction's going to be like?"

"Maybe she's a pervert that likes those things."

"Why do you always paint in that artstyle?" Rosaleya asked. "It looks Japanese."

"Koreans and Chinese sometimes use similar artstyles." Jade added.

"It is." the Masked Man replied simply. "Do you dislike my artwork? If it is bothering you, I can switch to more innocent ideas."

The nearby students seemed to be waiting for Rosaleya's answer.

"His voice is so smooth!"

"What is she going to say?"

"Keep it the way that it is!" one boy replied.

"No, it doesn't bother me at all." Jade replied with a perverted expression. "And their expressions are my favorite part."

Eh...I'm supposed to be closer than friends with Athena, so saying that I like his artwork isn't a big problem, right? Besides, what are they going to do? Tease me for being a pervert? They're probably already going to do that if Athena and I keep up this charade. Hmm...I wonder what her artwork would be like? Does she like to paint naughty drawings like Kagetane, or scenery like me? Or does she paint humans doing normal things? Or maybe she likes animals?

Jade nudged Rosaleya. "Stop wandering in your thoughts. It's been three seconds." he reminded her quickly. "Say what you're thinking, and add something in about the Romans and Greeks to make a point."

"Their expressions are my favorite part, but most of all, I'm glad that I'm not the only pervert here." Rosaleya replied with a shamelessly perverted expression. "I wish I could paint like that. Actually, I don't think that artwork like that is bad at all. The Greek and Roman Muggles used to carve realistic nude statues, and a lot of their paintings were the same. So it's nothing new." Rosaleya returned to her painting. "I think that your artwork is beautiful and interesting."

"Eh." Rosaleya shrugged, remaining neutral.

Stephan sighed and kept painting. He was painting himself, sitting on a pier, fishing. To catch a variety of fish for Rosaleya...for the sushi that she loves so much...

"Perverted boy."

"But it's nothing new...all guys are like that, aren't they?"

That's not true. Stephan thought.

"His voice is so smooth he probably looks as handsome as it sounds!"

"What's that cutie drawing?" one girl looked at Stephan.

"He's fishing....I wonder if he likes fishing in real life."

"There's nothing wrong with his painting...I think that he's a better 'catch' than Dantes."

"Stop with the puns."

"Today, we will be starting with something easy, just because I want to make sure that everyone here is capable of the basics." Luna explained in a professional tone. "You will be given a recipe, and you will make it using the spells listed. This recipe will test peeling, chopping, grating, sauteing, and cleaning, which is a large part of cooking. The recipe is very well-written and informative, so you should have no problem following it." Luna magically handed out recipes for carrot cake. It's perfectly easy; the carrots are peeled and then grated, the wet and dry ingredients are measured in separate bowls, mixed thoroughly, and then combined, and after you add the chopped walnuts, you bake the cake at the written temperature and time. No problems...I hope. "The ingredients are, for your convenience, already placed on this counter, so you need only to pay attention when measuring and preparing them. If you have any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, you may begin." she took her seat, and prepared to watch the students carefully.

Last edited:
"Nice prank! It was funny. You should've seen the faces of those brats when they got a rude awakening."

...So they like to prank us? I must have missed that since I was awake at seven to prepare myself for today...but what are they even doing here, especially that girl who must grimace while eating...so disgusting, didn't her parents teach her some manners at the table? Lily thought annoyed as she was munching on a buttered toast. …And where's the masked weirdo and the other boy? They're supposed to eat breakfast...the latter one looks like a cinnamon roll, but I never trust looks anyway, because I bet he will just turn out to be a weirdo like his two friends here…Anyway, let's hope the day will turn out better than yesterday...I have at least some things to look forward to...cooking with magic with Luna and seeing Persephone this evening after dinner...

Adela did not mind the whispering students. It was neither an exam day nor did she had to hold a lecture. She had given the students one word, Dream, which they had to interpret on their own and paint on canvas. They were going to animate their own paintings when the paintings where done.

...I could literary close my eyes right now and get myself lost in my daydreams... She thought, suppressing a smile, while she was looking out of one of the windows in the classroom. ...I wish I could see him right now...but I need to give him some time and allow him to miss me...

...Merlin's hairy beard...is this the basics? Lily thought horrified as she looked at the recipe for making a carrot cake.

..Well, if I just follow it, I will be fine, won't I…well let's start of peeling the carrots...ugh I need to learn a new bloody spell...hmm the peeling spell...it goes like this...

Lily raised her wand and peeled the carrots as soon as she had figured out how to use the peeling spell. However, she did a mistake and peeled the carrots too much, that they got smaller than they originally were. She did not realize it herself and thought she had made the carrots looking so clean and smooth. This raised her hopes and encouraged her to continue. ...I’m going to share this cake with Eli, Luna, Pegah and Persephone... She thought, already dreaming about how they all would praise her for doing such wonderful delicious carrot cake. After she had grated the carrots, which she did carelessly, there were small bites of carrots left out. She followed the rest of the recipe, mixing dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another....and then mixing them all together with the grated carrots and the walnuts which she obviously forgot to chop.

"May I have your attention please!" Adela called out to her students ten minutes before the school bell would ring. "It is fine if you have not finished your paintings right now, because that was not the requirement of today's class. If you have already finished, which I actually do not expect, it is also fine. Your homework, to next coming Tuesday, is to have finished and completed your paintings and also animated it. You also have to write a description of your painting, one-foot long parchment to hand in. And prepare for oral presentations, because you will be presenting your paintings: what a dream means for you and how you choose to express it in art, for me and your classmates. Maximum five minutes per student, no more because we will be starting with the next task as well. Please take your canvases with you to work with your homework either in your common room or student hangout. But not in the library! Professor Gibbon won't allow paints let alone food in the library. Well, thank you for today and good luck. I will see you all next Tuesday. Class dismissed."

The carrot cake Lily had made was a disaster. It was not burnt, but it did not have the smooth shape as a well-made cake, even if the color was alright. The top of the cake looked like as if a volcano had broken out though without any liquid pouring from it.

...It could have been literary a cat that scratched the top of the cake... Lily thought, her face red of embarrassment. ...I cannot share this with Elias or my friends... She hurried to wrap up the cake in paper to take it away with her before she started with the process of cleaning her messy table. It was almost covered with dust of flour. The mixing bowls were not clean and there seemed to be measurement spoons and ladle and other tools everywhere on the table. There were a few drops of the liquid mix that she had dropped a bit in the table by accident when she had poured the cake mix in the cake tin to put in the oven. There was a thin layer from the cake in the cake tin after she had taken the cake out from it. And the recipe was half wet and smudgy and soiled.

...Ugh...where and how do I start to clean... She thought with a sigh.

What an idiot. One student thought while watching Lily peel the carrots sloppily.

She grated them so unevenly. Another student thought.

Those huge chunks of walnuts are going to ruin it.

It says to chop the walnuts. Even if you don't know the spell, can't you just pick up the knife, or even try to break them up with your fingers?

She's probably going to burn it.

She messed up the actual recipe pretty bad, and especially after the professor made sure to write them out so nicely for us! How disrespectful! Clumsy!

So messy...she's never even heard of keeping her work space clean as she works?

Who the hell raised this girl?

And she walks around thinking that she's all that....too busy being popular to spend time actually doing anything, huh?

"Here are my notes on the actions you should correct when making this recipe the next time." Luna, who had been taking precise notes for all of the students' performance, stood now and spoke in a very direct, yet calm voice, to stop Lily from fudging anything else up. It's to be expected...I suppose...even though I thought that I wrote the recipe with plenty of details and tips...and specific instructions... Luna thought as she glanced at Lily's...'cake'. "Your homework is to study the recipe," she handed Lily another copy of the recipe "my notes, and practice the spells involved until next class." she said in a calm voice. Ah, keep the patronizing look out of your eyes, and you should be just fine. She told herself. "I'll handle the cleanup, " she addressed all four students now, two of which had made their cakes without error, and the third of which hadn't mixed the batter thoroughly enough and burnt the cake....slightly. "since it's your first lesson. Study these notes as your homework " she handed the other students her notes "You are excused." she said with a professional tone and gesture toward the door.

"Thank you, professor." one student emphasized the last word in deep respect to Luna, making it a point to hand in her still-perfectly-clean recipe. "Goodbye."

"Your instructions were so detailed and easy to follow." Another student emphasized, indirectly yet intentionally criticizing Lily. "There were a few times when I didn't know what to do, but your written advice was so helpful. These were the best and most accurate instructions I've ever seen. Good day, professor."

"Good day to you as well." Luna said in reply to the students as they headed toward the door. I see what they're doing...but at the same time, I have no reason to punish them or call them out. Lily is a student just like the others, and to be honest, she performed terribly. So bias is not an option, nor is it warranted. I don't even have the desire to; it's not like they're being shockingly cruel or calling her names...

"Hah..." one student said to the other outside the classroom. "She tasted mine, and she gave me an A." an eye roll referenced Luna not even tasting Lily's.

"Same." another student snickered.

"I know that I accidentally left mine in too long...it burnt a bit, but-"

"-come on, it's still better than hers."

They all laughed.

"....And prepare for oral presentations, because you will be presenting your paintings: what a dream means for you and how you choose to express it in art, for me and your classmates. Maximum five minutes per student, no more because we will be starting with the next task as well. Please take your canvases with you to work with your homework either in your common room or student hangout. But not in the library! Professor Gibbon won't allow paints let alone food in the library. Well, thank you for today and good luck. I will see you all next Tuesday. Class dismissed."

The Masked Man smiled mischievously. Oral presentations? A written description? Ah, what lovely homework; I will give her exactly what she asked for...

"I've taken notes on her instructions, and I'll meet you at the next class...It's Wizarding Economics class." Jade said, picking up the painting and Rosaleya's tools with the intention to take it back to the dormitory, and handing her a paper with directions to her next class. "I wrote it last night in preparation....it'll work like this until I memorize the castle's structure. This isn't the quickest way to the next class, but it will get you there."

Thank you! Rosaleya thought, taking the paper. He's so cool!

He's following me.
Rosaleya thought, ignoring the Masked Man as she walked to her next class, following Jades instructions. ...and take a left here...and a right here...another left...up these stairs...If Kagetane tries anything, I can say that any harm I caused him was 'in self-defense'...hehehe.

Jade handed her the necessary items for her class one hallway away from the classroom, and she took her seat normally once she arrived.

The Masked Man sat the same way he had during the Pre-Exams; with his legs on the desk and his textbook in his lap.

Stephan sat properly, with his back straight and his textbook open on the desk, at the correct page indicated by the professor.

Once everyone was seated and the lesson began, the Masked Man started playing his music with his invisible headphones. I just need to get my mind off of my princess for a bit. I can't reveal myself to her, yet...I just have to wait. Tsk, it's increasingly difficult.

"Why's he sitting like that?"

"The teacher's not going to say anything?"

"It's so cool; he's totally the bad-boy type."

"It's so hot, right?"

"Yes!"

"He wasn't at breakfast, I wonder what he was doing?"

"Maybe he was studying?"

"So mysterious! I want to take his mask off and see what he really looks like!"

"Maybe he was doing something bad during breakfast...."

"Like what? Planting a stink bomb in one of the classrooms?"

Rosaleya noticed that the Masked Man was tapping his fingers quietly on his textbook to the rhythm of a song she liked. I'm probably imagining that...

Jade closely examined the Masked Man without touching him, as well as the rest of the room, and neared Rosaleya with the result. "He's listening to music; I can tell, because when I got really close, I could hear the faintest melody. I think he must've done something to them to get them to be invisible. Also, his extension is taking notes for him." Jade gestured to the very back of the room, where, behind an empty desk, notes were discreetly writing themselves out.

That's actually...smart. I don't see a problem with him messing around like that, since his grades are always so amazing, since he's technically taking notes. If his extension is listening, and he is not, does that mean that he's half-listening?

"Basically." Jade replied.

Stephan glared briefly at the Masked Man's position. He acts like he owns the place. If he was with Rosaleya, he would probably act as if he owned her as well. Like everything on this Earth is one of his possessions. He thought in irritation. That is the sort of aura that he is giving off.

"Here." When the lesson was over, Jade handed Rosaleya a piece of paper with directions to the next class, Duelling, on it.

On their way to the Duelling class, the Masked Man was following Rosaleya once again when he was approached by another student that he did not know.

"Excuse me...can I please speak to you for a moment?" a Slytherin girl asked shyly.

Rosaleya kept walking. Jade snorted. "Goooooooood luck. Hey, do you want me to follow them and then tell you what happened?"

Yes.

"Bye, then!"

"I will be late to my next class, so I do not have ti-." the Masked Man replied to the girl.

"-It will only take a minute." the girl promised.

"What do you want?" he asked smoothly.

"Please, take this." she handed him a letter and then ran off. He's so cool!

The Masked Man sighed a long, deep sigh and briefly read through it. A love confession? "How foolish." he scoffed. ...during lunch? Why not. He smirked as he kept following Rosaleya, placing the letter in his pocket. I can never forget my princess...but why not have fun embarrassing a fool in between classes? He thought of the way that the girl had spoken to him, with blushing cheeks and nervously shifting eyes. The letter explained that she wanted to see him by the lake during lunch, alone, and he assumed that it was a love confession because of the way she asked.

...Are they making a fuss to her... Lily thought, casting a sideway glance at the other students.

"Thank you, professor," Lily thanked Luna with a polite tone, bowing her head slightly, treating Luna like she would treat any professor at Hogwarts. ...She is the type that won't favor me like Persephone used to do during her classes, however it does not matter, because I admire and adore Luna as much as I feel towards Persephone....I have never cooked in my whole life and this is my first attempt to make a cake and Luna is a patient and understanding professor... Lily thought as she put the notes and recipe Luna had given her in her schoolbag. ...but why is she going to clean up after us? I should actually clean up my mess. I won't care if a house-elf cleaned up after my mess...but Luna is not only my professor, she is also my soon to be sister-in-law… She thought, feeling ashamed.

Lily picked up her cake and hold it carefully in her arms as she left the classroom. No matter what her classmates said, she kept her posture high and walked with pride. ...I can still hear you... She thought as she walked away. ...tsk, just wait and see, I am going to advance in cooking with magic sooner or later. This was my first attempt and they can talk all they want because I do not care...

She took a different turn in the corridor to avoid the crowd of students and chose a usually longer way to get back to the dungeons. She was still on the ground floor and suddenly a flow of second years walked out from one of the classrooms which was located a bit ahead of her.

…Merlin's beard, I thought there's going to be less crowded here. I should not have taken this way...well whatever...it is too late to turn back; I am already close to the stairs that goes down to the dungeons...

"Good day miss! Did you enjoy your cooking with magic lesson?"

"Huh?" …Bloody hell, I almost forgot that classroom 1B is located in this corridor... "How did you know, professor?" ...no matter what, I have to be polite if I want to avoid detentions with professor Pyrites...

"You have a thin layer of flour on your right cheek..." Flynn smirked.

...he is teasing me, isn't he? whatever, I am not going to let him win this time...

"Oh..." She pretended to be surprised and brushed her cheek with her left hand to get rid of the flour.

"Did you bake bread?"

"No professor, I baked a carrot cake," Lily smiled politely. "Would you like to taste some? It is a large cake and I want to share it with you and the other professors, as a token of apology to how I behaved yesterday during the examinations of our trunks." ...heheh...I will let this fool to have a taste of the cake first before I share it with my brother and friends...

"That's very generous and nice of you, miss. I appreciate your kindness and accept your token of apology, even if I have already forgiven you because of what occurred yesterday." He said kindly. "By the way, carrot cake is my favorite, it must be a coincidence that you just baked it today during your first class. Was it your idea or did professor Lestrange decide what you should do?"

...ha! He bought it! yes it must be a coincidence...Heavens must be on my side today...

"It was professor Lestrange's idea..."

He opened the door to his office and gestured to her to enter first. "Please come in..."

Lily tried to keep a straight face as she entered Flynn's office and placed the package of cake on his desk. Before he had time to reach his desk, she had already conjured plates, forks and goblets and cut two slices of cakes, one for her and one for him.

"Is it alright for you to drink wine? Or do you prefer pumpkin juice?"

"I am old enough to drink anything..." Lily laughed heartily. "But I would prefer pumpkin juice since I need to keep my mind clear. I have homework for tomorrow, and I will see your sister after dinner this evening."

"Ah…a good choice…" He smiled as he poured pumpkin juice in the both goblets.

Lily took a sip of the pumpkin juice as soon as they both sat down, and she waited impatiently for him to taste the cake first. The slices of cakes looked so innocent and she had made sure to cover the rest of the cake so that he wouldn't see how it actually looked like.

He took a large bite, but he had hardly chewed it when he suddenly covered his mouth with a tissue. Drops of sweat broke out on his forehead and his face turned slightly red, that he looked feverish.

"Ugh....this is so salty!" He coughed. "Did you make a salty cake?!"

"I... I must have mistook salt for sugar..." Lily stammered and put down her fork. ...I was not expecting this... Her face was very pale. ...Thank Merlin that Luna never tasted my cake...I did not put salt in it by purpose... "I'm very sorry professor. I never meant to make it salty. It is my first attempt baking a cake...I have never been in a kitchen before..." She said, her voice full of remorse. It was almost true. When she was a child, she had wanted to prepare a birthday cake for Elias, but she had by accident made the batter of cake explode, messing up the entire kitchen. "We have a house elf at home that takes care of cooking and cleaning..."

"Ah...I see. It is very bold of you to challenge yourself with something you have never tried to do before..."

"You...you won't give me a detention?"

"Miss, relax...you did not do this on purpose, did you?" He laughed.

"Of course, not..." Her smile trembled as she emptied the both plates inside the package. "Because if this terrible mistake, I will make it up to you next time."

"Please miss, it is alright, you do not need to-"

"Have a good day, professor!" And with that Lily left Flynn's office. She run as away fast she could and as soon as she was in Slytherin's common room, she burst out laughing. Serves him right, that fool hahah...! Oh, Merlin's beard, even if I truly did a mistake, he deserved this. I wonder if I would have been able to lie to him right in his face if I intentionally had put salt? However, I must not make such stupid mistakes during cooking of magic classes. What if Luna wants to taste everything I make in future...

"Silence!" Hestia scolded the students. She was not screaming. On the contrary she was very calm yet there was a severe tone in her voice. "And you, mister, don't you have any manners or respect in a classroom? Put down your legs and sit straight like your classmates or I will take away twenty points from your house!" She would only tell him off once. If he didn’t do as he was told, twenty points would be taken away from Slytherin.

Elias was waiting for the seventh year students to arrive to the grounds where the dueling lesson would be held. As soon as they all had assembled, he greeted them and divided them up in pairs. Miss Fairbrook was paired with a male student from Gryffindor, the masked student with a female student from Hufflepuff and Mr. Garnett with a female student from Ravenclaw. Elias made sure that he paired up the rest with different houses and genders.

"You are not allowed to use any lethal spell or one of the forbidden spells; imperius and cruciatus. However, you may use any jinx or hex when attacking your opponent." He instructed them. " As a seventh year you should know by now how to observe your opponent during a duel. The aim with your classes is to learn how to attack and defend yourself, because I won't be telling which one of you to attack or to defend. You have to take three vials of healing potions each and fasten them inside your cloak." He said as he handed out the vials to the students. "The vials are enchanted to remain stuck to fabric. If you feel you want to give up, you need to raise your wand and cast red sparkles. Any questions before you begin?!"

"Silence!" Hestia scolded the students. She was not screaming. On the contrary she was very calm yet there was a severe tone in her voice. "And you, mister, don't you have any manners or respect in a classroom? Put down your legs and sit straight like your classmates or I will take away twenty points from your house!"

The Masked Man immediately turned his head to Rosaleya, as if she had been the one to address him instead.

Rosaleya gave him a look that said he should do as the teacher instructed, and he did so, sitting as respectfully as Rosaleya and Stephan were.

I don't want Slytherin to lose points...it's not 'house pride' or anything like that...I just think that it would be cool to play this game of theirs...to see if we can win the most points and have Slytherin win the House Cup. Like we're in a guild in an online game, and we don't want the other guilds to win the most points and get the prize. Rosaleya thought. Why is he so willing to do what I tell him to do? I wonder...

Thankfully, Stephan thought this professor doesn't care whether the rules state whether you can or cannot sit the way he wishes.

If my princess wishes for me to refrain from sitting in that manner, than so be it. The Masked Man thought, as he secretly continued to play his music.

'Edmund Dantes' discreetly left a note in elegant handwriting for the professor, but she didn't see him leaving it. Within the note, he doesn't mention what he wants to discuss with her, just that he wishes to discuss something important with her whenever she has the time, and he wrote ~Edmund Dantes at the end, so she knows it's from him.

"You are not allowed to use any lethal spell or one of the forbidden spells; Imperius and Cruciatus. However you may use any jinx or hex when attacking your opponent." He instructed them.

Jade rolled his eyes. "Of course, we already knew that; it's common sense." Rosaleya's face remained calm and emotionless.

The Masked Man smirked.

"...three vials of healing potions each and fasten them inside your cloak." Elias said as he handed out the vials to the students.

Jade took the three vials and attached them to Rosaleya's belt loop for her. "Of course, it's highly unlikely that you will need these." he said matter of factly.

"The vials are enchanted to remain stuck to fabric. If you feel you want to give up, you need to raise your wand and cast red sparkles."

Jade laughed through his nose. "As if."

"Any questions before you begin?!"

The Masked Man raised his hand. "If two students from different pairs win a duel quickly, will they simply sit quietly during the remainder of the lesson, or be paired up again with different students?" he asked when called upon.

"I have an idea." Jade laughed. "Remember that spell that tears the clothing of the opponent? I'll use that one while you play defense. It'll be so humiliating!"

The left corner of Rosaleya's mouth twitched upwards momentarily as she resisted laughing.

Once the Masked Man's question had been answered, his partner raised her hand. The Hufflepuff was blushing and looking at everything but her partner. "May I please be paired with another student? I can't concentrate if I'm paired with...him." she asked nervously, speaking the last word in a whisper as she rung her hands.

Why are you blushing if you haven't even seen his ugly face, yet? Stephan wondered, resisting the urge to scowl.

His voice may be attractively smooth, his manner of nonchalance so interesting, and his gait may be so elegant, but why is she so... Rosaleya wondered.

The Masked Man beheld her cluelessly.
I didn't even do anything, yet.

Last edited:
Hestia Carrow picked up the note that was on her desk after the seventh years left. It was a short note from one of the students named Edmund Dantes who wished to talk with her about something. She immediately sent him an owl to come to her office when he did not have any class after lunch hour or after dinner. The owl would drop the letter for him in the Slytherin common room.

"You will only be paired up with the winners. Those who loose have to stand quietly over here until we have one winner or until I end this class." Elias replied Edmund and then gestured to his partner when she raised her hand.

"May I please be paired with another student? I can't concentrate if I'm paired with...him." she asked nervously, speaking the last word in a whisper as she rung her hands.

"Miss.." Elias spoke coldly and calmly. "If you were on a battlefield, do you think you would have other choices than fighting the enemy or retreat? To answer your question: No. So, you have either duel with the partner I already paired you with or give up now, in other words retreat and stand over here until the class is over and get the double homework to next time. Now if you do not have any other questions, get ready. Now on my command..." He raised his wand and shoot green sparkles. "You may begin!”

"Miss.." Elias spoke coldly and calmly. "If you were on a battlefield, do you think you would have other choices than fighting the enemy or retreat?"

Jade laughed "...'I couldn't fight him because he was too charming, so I retreated' wouldn't be acceptable on the battlefield. He's right."

"...So you have either duel with the partner I already paired you with or give up now, in other words retreat and stand over here until the class is over and get the double homework to next time. Now if you do not have any other questions, get ready. Now on my command.." He raised his wand and shoot green sparkles. "You may begin!"

As soon as Elias gave them permission, the Masked Man, Stephan, and Rosaleya all began fighting at their best, beating their opponents in less than one second.

The Masked Man beat his opponent by stepping aside to dodge her weak Petrificus Totalus, and shooting a deft Expelliarmus and Levicorpus spell, causing the girl's underwear to be exposed as she hung upside down.

"Ah, my skirt!" she cried nervously, trying to cover it with her hands.

The Masked Man turned away, clearly uninterested in the scene he had created: his aim had been to humiliate her. Now, he was giving his full attention to Elias, so that he could be paired up with someone else more...focused.

Rosaleya had played defense against the Gryffindor's offensive attacks, while Jade cast a spell that caused the boy's clothes to be torn. In the split-second that they boy allowed his shock to distract him, Jade shot a Stupefy, so that the boy was laying in the remains of his uniform, with his hands covering his manhood.

Stephan had balanced a few offensive spells until he managed to get a simple Expelliarmus in.

All three used non-verbal spells. Rosaleya and the Masked Man hadn't bothered with wands. Stephan had kept up the charade, not wishing to draw more attention to himself by being unnaturally skilled at wandless magic.

By the end of the class, Stephan had used a simple disarming spell to win whilst flawlessly balancing defensive spells as well, although toward the end of it he had allowed himself to be hit with an Expelliarmus and quietly left to stand with the other 'losers'. He may have accidentally made it look a bit obvious that he lost on purpose. The Masked Man and Rosaleya had humiliated their opponents to win. Rosaleya and the Masked Man ended up paired together, but the class ended before they started their duel.

The Masked Man bowed to Rosaleya, and then left for Hestia Carrow's office.

"...perhaps I have missed it?" he spoke elegantly the entire time regardless of the earlier incident. Now, his extension handed the professor his copy of the updated list. If it is my princess's wish that I follow the rules, then so be it. Ah, how beautiful her performance was... he thought of the Duelling lesson ...she loves embarrassing opponents...just like before...I miss her so much...

Touka Kirishima: Can we eat edible food together? I have some sushi...and extra wasabi. I'm eating outside, by the lake. It's not poisoned. XD

Jade's mouth watered at Athena's message. "Sushi...." he moaned.

Rosaleya "........."

Touka Kirishima: It's from the Demon Realm. :3

Lady Rose: I'll see you there.

"...I love you...so much..." Stephan sighed. I still can't get it... he thought as he practised outside in solitude. Should I just...tell her without planning it? But no, if I mess up, then I won't be able to try again...

Last edited:
"Alright! That's enough for today!" Elias called to everyone's attention. "I need your attention for the last five minutes. I have to take away 50 points from Slytherin. It is absolutely not acceptable to humiliate your classmates to the degree that you have to rip of their clothes to that extent that you reveal their private parts." He had already taken care of the male student that had been Rosaleya's first opponent and patched up his clothes a bit. He looked at Rosaleya severely for one full minute with the expression that said -You promised me to not cause any trouble at our first meeting and yet on your first school day you are acting very naughty... He then looked at Stephan, as he continued to speak: "Also, if you do not take this class seriously and allow yourself to lose on purpose during a duel, you may lose house points and get lower grades. Your homework is to hand in one-foot long parchment where you have to reflect upon your dueling today, what you did that was less or better and what you can do to improve your skills. That was all for today. I will see you next Tuesday..."

When Elias had finished his speech, he used the green emerald on his wand to call on Flynn Pyrites.

"Headmaster, it is already lunch…" Flynn began when he had arrived at the grounds but then his eyes suddenly fell on the student from his house. "What the bloody hell-?"

"Just an accident that happened during the dueling lesson today. This young man stills feels very chocked, so the best is if you could take him to Diagon Alley at the instant and get him a new uniform, since you are the head of his house. Unfortunately, he does not have any spare uniform and even if I did my best to patch him, he still needs a new uniform. I understand it is lunch hour now-"

"It's alright, the prioritizes of my students come firsts! Besides I am not really feeling hungry after that salty cake your sister gave me-"

"What?"

"I will tell you about it later..." Flynn waved with his hand and suppressed his urge to laugh, seeing the humiliated expression on his student's face. The student might have been looked sick during this moment, but afterwards he would still spread the rumor that the headmaster's sister made a salty cake.

"...perhaps I have missed it?" the masked man spoke elegantly the entire time regardless of the earlier incident.

"There's no written rule that explicitly describes how you are supposed to sit in a classroom and do not expect that every single thing will be written out as a rule. If the first years knows how to sit respectfully with mannerism in a class, then you a seventh-year ought to know that. If you have ever heard of unwritten or unspoken rules such as not chewing food with your mouth open, covering your mouth when you cough and sneeze, being quiet while others are sleeping, then you should understand that there are some unspoken rules in the classroom as well, such as sitting position for instance. Did I make myself clear?"

"Yes, I understand completely." the Masked Man replied elegantly. The emotionless look that she gave the Headmaster while he was reprimanding her...ah, so perfect...I'll speak with her about the fifty points we lost...perhaps we can think up an idea to win them back. "That is all I wished to discuss with you. May I be excused?" his tone politely said 'It is lunch time.'

"He revealed my underwear to the whole class..."

"Psh. He would've done worse on the battlefield."

"It was a nice view."

"Hey! What about you? That girl tore your clothes to shreds. You were beaten by a girl."

"She...the sun was shining in my eyes!"

"Liar."

"How come they're so powerful that we look like idiots? They must be cheating..."

"That cutie didn't do anything bad...he was just as good as the others, but he didn't do anything stupid."

"He is adorable! But those three were definitely cheating."

"Two of them weren't even using wands! You can't be that good!"

"Under the Headmaster's eyes? Aren't we checked for that stuff when we come in? How could they cheat?"

"They must've found a way, okay?! For now, we won't mess with the cutie. He didn't technically do anything wrong. But the other two? We have to pay them back for humiliating us in front of the Headmaster and the rest of the class. The ten of us will split into two groups, and ambush them during dinner. They may have won if it was a one-on-one fight, but against five? Forget it. They won't ever think of embarrassing us again."

"But we don't even know their schedules. How are we going to ambush them?"

A long silence while everyone thought.

They were talking in an abandoned hallway during lunch.

"Listen; we don't have to know their schedules. I've got an idea; we'll make fake letters, addressed to each of them, from 'the Headmaster'. They'll be on their way to his office, and we'll separate and ambush them."

"They won't buy it."

"We'll make it look official. There's a difficult spell that lets you copy someone's handwriting, and I'm sure I could get it right after a few tries."

"Okaaaay...what if they come together and we can't get them apart?"

"We'll be able to, piece of cauldron cake. Ten against two is fine, and as soon as we get them apart, it'll be five against one. Are you still scared with those odds?"

"I...don't want to do this. I'm leaving..."

"Yeah, me neither."

"It's worse if we get caught..."

"Yeah, what if there's someone walking around at that time?"

"What if the girl and boy snitch on us and give our fake 'letters' to the Headmaster?"

"Hey, guys, if you five leave, then we won't be able to do this! Don't you want your revenge?"

"...."

"Besides, if we get caught, we can say it was 'in self-defense'. If, by a miracle, we lose, it'll be better for us because we can blame it all on them! Same thing goes for if they decide to use the 'fake letters' as evidence, since the handwriting-copying spell is difficult, and they're really good at magic. In every scenario, they can't kill us, and they get branded as the bullies!"

"Hey, kids, what are you doing over here? Aren't you hungry?" Crystal spoke in a kind tone, but her expression was frighteningly severe. "Why don't you come back to the Great Hall for some nice, nutritious lunch before you get back to your classes like good students?" she smiled innocently.

"Yes, Professor Thorne."

"Sure thing, professor."

"Thanks, professor."

They all mumbled some form of acknowledgement or thanks before scattering, all heading to the Great Hall.

Meanwhile, some students in the Great Hall that hadn't been paired with the three powerful students were having a different conversation. They were praising the three for being powerful and putting on a good show. The girls were speaking fondly of Stephan and the Masked Man, and the boys were doing the same for Rosaleya.

"Ah, that tasted so good! That's it, from now on, I'm not eating any more of that _ _ that they're serving. You're welcome to join me for breakfast, lunch, and dinner over here. The 'big guy' said something about showing up and taking food, so basically as long as he sees me, it's fine. I'll just store it somewhere safe so that it doesn't rot, and give it to some starving Muggle kids in a random slum. I have a thing about throwing food away; it really pisses me off."

"I'll give you my food as well." Rosaleya replied. Interesting...even though she doesn't like the taste of it, she hates throwing food away...and she wants to get rid of it in a very kind way, even though she apparently thinks very lowly of Muggles... "The food that you keep on hand is delicious. Even though I don't hate their food, I would rather enjoy Demonic food."

"Ms....Fairbrook?" Stephan asked, blushing profusely, although there was a very direct look in his eyes, as if he wanted to discuss something important with her.

"_!" Athena cussed. "It's time for Muggle Studies class all _ ready! I've gotta get going right now." she hastily bid Rosaleya and Stephan goodbye, before running off.

"I have to wash up first." Rosaleya said to Stephan. "I had a lot of fun during the duelling and I got a bit hot; I want to take a cold shower. I don't know about your schedule, but I don't have any classes from until 16.00-17.00 today...you know, Charms class. That's plenty of time to talk if it isn't urgent. Is it?" she gave him a look that she would listen if it was urgent, regardless of her desire to shower first. I only sweat a little bit...besides, we don't need to take extra time to study, so there's plenty of time. He told me that when we study together, we would use a combination of Item Boxes for our supplies, and potions for our souls, so that we could save time by meeting up and completing homework in Hell. I loved his idea, since we'll be able to take as much time as we want because time functions differently in there.

"Yes, it can wait." Stephan walked away quickly, explaining that he would be near the greenhouses, waiting for her. This will give me more time to plan...I didn't have a plan just now...I hope that it would come out the way I hoped...because I'm so afraid that he will confess to her first...that's what he's after, right? So, I cannot afford to waste any more time...I have to tell her as quickly as possible...she'll understand...even if...it doesn't come out perfectly.

"This way." Jade handed Rosaleya instructions.

Thank you.

"...Ms. Fairbrook?" the Masked Man asked. He had noticed Rosaleya taking a different route than he was to get to the common rooms, and decided to speak with her. "Are you displeased with the way that I sit during classes? Or what I draw on my written tests? Or my paintings? If you are, then I will cease my mischievous activities immediately." he sounded genuine.

"So, you'll do anything that I say? Why?" Rosaleya inquired blandly.

"Because you are my princess, and you mean more to me than any soul in his world. Henceforth, if I have displeased you..." he sighed.

"I get the point. Okay, then...I don't have a problem with your art-" It's beautiful! There's nothing wrong with it. "-but start sitting normally."

"I will. What about the fifty points that we lost?"

"It's fine; we're still ahead by sixty points."

"It just means that we can't have any fun during Duelling class, that's all." Jade pouted.

"Why are you following me this time? Earlier, it made sense since we were going to the same classroom." Rosaleya shot him a cold glance that clearly told him to stop following her.

"I wanted to take a nap in the common room." he replied, yawning. "Before my Arithmancy class."

"He just wants to take a trip to the Demon Realm...probably to relieve his boredom." Jade commented. "I can tell in the tone of his voice."

If he didn't deny that he would do anything for me...then would he take off his mask at my request? If I asked him seriously?

"Aren't you supposed to be mad at him?" Jade pointed out. "You shouldn't be interested in him while you're mad at him; you have to pick one."

I can't help it. It's like waiting for the next update of a Webtoon...it takes forever and I both love and hate that feeling of suspense until the next episode. I love the feeling of mystery and unpredictability, but at the same time I'm impatient because I want to know more!

"So...what did you want to talk to me about?" Rosaleya asked Stephan.

Crap! She was so fast that I still didn't get to think of the proper....well, never mind! "May I please call you...Rosaleya?"

"Sure." Rosaleya replied casually. I already told you that you could...why are you asking again?

"Listen...I really...like..." he was blushing again "...I'd really like to study with you." he stopped blushing and seemed much calmer now. "Since we've already gotten two assignments." he smiled innocently.

"Oh, okay." Rosaleya was slightly confused, wondering if he had really called her there to discuss studying, since he had asked with such an urgent look in his eyes before. "I'll see you...at Nova's house."

"Meet me at the boat; we'll go together?" Stephan held both Rosaleya's hands in his. His eyes pleaded for her to say yes.

"Sure."

"Feels like he was going to tell you that he loved you or something." Jade said. "Or maybe I'm imagining it." he shrugged with an 'I don't think I was' expression.

"The Headmaster wants to see me?" Rosaleya asked. She had been on her way to go see Athena for dinner by the lake.

"He told me to give this to you." the Hufflepuff girl who had been the Masked Man's first Duelling partner said. "I was instructed to tell you 'Please don't be late'. " she smiled innocently.

"Something smells fishy." Jade said, looking from the note in the Headmaster's writing to the retreating girl. "That girl can't lie worth her life...but I can't tell what she's trying to hide."

What's keeping her? Athena wondered. She had taken two plates of food from the Great Hall, and stored them away properly. I'm probably just eager to eat dinner.

Meanwhile

"The Headmaster wishes to see me?" the Masked Man inquired. He had been making his way outside with a plate of food, intending to eat alone as he gazed upon the moonlight and stars, when Rosaleya's first Duelling partner approached him. "I can't imagine why..." he sounded genuinely puzzled.

The boy clenched his jaw. "Don't be late." he walked away.

The Masked Man smiled an eerie smile.

Ten minutes later

"Hey, genius. Come here for a second?"

"We wanted to talk to you for a minute."

"It won't take long, but..."

"...it's important."

"Please?"

"I'm sorry; I have to see the Headmaster." Rosaleya replied with an innocent persona. "I don't want to be late."

"He doesn't want to see you."

"We're the ones who set up that fake note."

"Like we said; we just wanted to talk with you."

"Come with us."

"We wanted to discuss what happened earlier. Alone." the Gryffindor boy held his wand to Rosaleya's neck threateningly. "Stop arguing." he growled.

Jade was holding an invisible camera, smirking as he recorded the entire scene like a movie. "You're doing great; we can get this all in one take." he said positively, as if they were actually filming a movie.

"Okay." Rosaleya kept up the innocent persona as the five students escorted her to an out-of-the-way and abandoned hallway, as if she thought that they really only wanted to talk. "Did I make you angry with that I did?" she asked when they stopped walking.

"The innocent girl cannot understand what she has done to anger her classmates!" one student said sarcastically. "Don't you get it, yet?"

"Listen, _, we know that you were cheating today."

"Confess _, and we'll let your _ _ _ leave."

"And apologize for humiliating us!"

"Yeah, do you think that that's fair?"

"I've secured both sides of the corridor with invisibility and soundproof spells for maximum intensity!" Jade narrated dramatically. "Ladies and gentlemen, what will happen?"

Meanwhile

"...so come with us, Mr. Mask, because we want to talk to you for a minute."

"Of course. I didn't know that my presence was in such high demand." he joked to the five students as they walked to a different abandoned hallway than Rosaleya's.

In his pocket, a recorder was on, capturing every word that was spoken.

"First off-" the Hufflepuff girl said tearfully once they reached their destination "-take off your mask, and all of your clothes. Then, you can apologize for what you did to us earlier."

"Gladly." the Masked Man sounded as if he was smirking.

"What? You're not going to resist?"

"You even came here without us having to ask you more than once."

"I thought that it was humiliating; why aren't you even putting up a fight?"

"Were you looking forward to undressing me yourselves?" the Masked Man asked, taking off his mask and top hat. "Hexing and cursing me as you did so? I can pretend to resist, if you wish." his voice was too breathy, and his countenance was too seductive for their current situation.

Meanwhile

"Undress myself?" Rosaleya repeated, still using her innocent persona. "Are you guys prefects? Are you...going to let me use the prefects' bathroom? I heard that there's such a nice bath in there, with different bubble soaps and-" she had an excited look in her eyes.

"No, you stupid _! We're going to undress and hex you like you did to us! But we won't tear your uniform unless you put up any more resistance!"

"Yeah, stop talking and do as we said!"

"Stop playing dumb! We told you that this is payback for earlier!"

"You know what you did!"

Meanwhile

"Y-you're...forgetting that we have our wands pointed at you!"

"Am I? But I'm already doing as you asked." the Masked Man undid four of the buttons on his shirt, revealing part of his toned, hairless chest. "Did you change your mind?" his gaze was, from the girls' perspective, intoxicating.

Meanwhile

"I'm not going to do that." Rosaleya replied coldly. "I won't apologize, I wasn't cheating, and I'm not undressing myself. I'm also not going to let you do anything."

"And three....two..." Jade counted down.

One student cast a tripping jinx on Rosaleya, who did not defend herself.

"Enough of this!" the Gryffindor boy raised his wand to cast a spell on Rosaleya; the same spell that Jade had used to tear his clothes.

"You'll be sorry." Another student raised his wand as well, prepared to use Langlock.

"You'll know how it feels like to have a bunch of people see your _. " Another prepared for Incarcerous to keep Rosaleya from running away.

"...one." Jade finished counting.

All at once, the five students cried out in pain as they were hit with shockingly swift Langlock spells from Rosaleya and Jade's Sectumsempra spells.

"That was anti-climatic." Rosaleya said boredly. "What were you going to do once you got me undressed? Wha- are you crying?! You're supposed to be tough men that were teaching me a lesson, right? Come on, where the _ did your balls go?"

"Please...make it stop..."

"We won't try anything again!"

"We don't care if you were cheating or not!"

"This hurts so much!"

"I'm losing too much blood! We're sorry, please-"

"forgive us!"

"What the _?" Rosaleya and Jade rolled their eyes. "You're really sorry?" she sounded disappointed.

"Yes!" they all insisted. "We're sorry! Please make it stop!"

Jade sighed. "And I thought that we might be able to have some fun. 'Apologize, you _! Or else!' What was that? This thing didn't even last five minutes."

"Fine." Rosaleya said blandly, healing them with an apathetic expression. "Go _ yourselves, and don't try this again." she let them down.

They all cowered at her feet and said some form of genuine apology, along with a firm promise never to try anything similar again and a word of gratitude for her mercy.

"What the _? Are these really men?" Jade asked, cringing at the sight of them.

"If you 'guys' ever annoy me like this again, I got the whole thing recorded by an invisible friend, so this is basically blackmail, alright?" Rosaleya explained boredly.

"Please...if you need anything, we'll help you out. We'll do your homework for you, or-"

"Just get the _ out of here and leave me alone." Rosaleya said with an ice-cold persona. "I don't need anything from you." she turned away and left the hallway, while the boys didn't dare move a muscle.

Of course, Jade was watching her back.

Meanwhile

The Masked Man had let the girls curse him with three simultaneous stinging jinxes.

"That was your warning! Hurry it up or we'll tear your uniform off and hang you upside down!"

"Oh, really? It would be an honor to be treated so nicely. Please do so harshly, and don't hold back."

Another stinging jinx. "Stop messing around already!"

"Are you enjoying this, you pervert?"

"Do you think we're playing with you?!"

"You know...those jinxes..." the Masked Man paused for a moment "tickle."

"He's lying! He's just trying to make us doubt ourselves!"

"Come on, let's show him what we're capable of!" a binding spell this time

"Just say sorry and confess already!" a tripping jinx

"Confess to cheating!" this student summoned cockroaches that crawled all over the Masked Man and into his clothes.

"You think that because we're girls we can't hurt you?

"I never said that." the Masked Man replied blandly, clearly unfazed by the students' attempts at bullying him.

The girls were more enraged that they weren't getting the reaction they had anticipated from him now, rather than about what he had done to them earlier.

He clapped his hands, as they were tied behind his back. "What an excellent show you've put on for me tonight. It was mildly amusing." he used a mocking tone as he applauded. "But now it's time for the curtains to be drawn." the last time he clapped, he was standing normally, and the five students all hung upside down with Langlock. He levitated the cockroaches that they had conjured, and brought them creepily close to their faces, squirming disgustingly. "How shall this play end? A tragic ending?" the cockroaches came nearer still, but didn't touch them, as they shrieked in disgust "A happy ending?" he levitated the cockroaches away from the girls "Or a cliffhanger?" he showed them the recorder and briefly explained what it was and that he planned to release it if they didn't apologize now or bothered him again, before starting to walk away.

In the end, he achieved nearly the same result as Rosaleya had after releasing them.

"Thanks a lot for proving how ugly and immature you are. It's been real. And just so you know, I don't really put any effort into my duels; I just wanted to see how you handled yourselves. You didn't let me down, though; you're just as boring as I imagined you to be." the Masked Man said as he walked away "Have a lovely night!" he nearly sang as he turned the corner. "Oh, Ms. Fairbrook, how lovely to see you here." he smiled.

"You're not...wearing your mask." Rosaleya said in surprise, recognizing his face. "You're-"

"Why don't we tell our stories outside? I could use the fresh air." he picked her up before she could protest and ran through an empty classroom, jumping out of the window with her. "By the way...I have a very good explanation for all of this."
In that moment I forgot to put my mask back on...how clumsy of me. What shall I do?

"Have you found any traces?"

"No, sir..."

That's really odd.... all these bodies hanging here...it does not look like that these victims have committed suicide...not even the late Dark Lord himself would have done this...There's sure some other mastermind behind this horrible act...

"Sir!"

"Yes?"

"We have confirmed the identities of these bodies. They are muggles of different ages and backgrounds. However, we need to look further into their connections, families and relatives to confirm if they are related to anyone from our community..."

"Ah, well, I need the results as soon as possible by tomorrow and no later...."

"Mistress, there is something that has happened that I think may be of both interest and concern to you."

"What is it?" Luna asked.

Raven summoned a Spy Cloud to replay the events for Luna.

Ten minutes later

"I see." Luna said. "Have them come to my office immediately. They don't deserve to rest at this moment."

"Yes, of course." Raven left.

I will write a detailed report to Elias about this after I have scolded them firmly. And now, before they arrive, I will write a letter to Ms. Fairbrook and Mr. Dantes, inviting them to my office tomorrow; I wish to have a word with them... she briefly pictured praising them during separate meetings. But I am slightly concerned; why did Raven not report this to me as it was happening? Why did she report it now that it has already escalated, and ended?

"Oooohhh! You asked him to meet you by the lake but he didn't come? Then what happened? Tell me!"

"He didn't come, so at first, I was worried that he had forgotten about me, or perhaps ignored me...but I received a letter that explained...that he was busy being reprimanded by one of the professors so he couldn't meet me. He promised to see me by the lake tomorrow...and then I'll be able to tell him."

"Tell him what? That you love him? Come now, is it a secret, even from your best friend?"

"...."

She began, in a strict, yet professional tone, and with a calm countenance.

"All of you have been called here, instead of being allowed to enjoy your dinner, to face the consequences of what you have done. What Mr. Dantes and Ms. Fairbrook did was during a Duelling class, while magic was permitted to be used in a defensive or offensive manner. They may, from some points of view-" she gestured to the ten students "-have gone too far. However-"

"-Of course they went too far! Did you see what happened to my uniform?! She-"

Luna shot the boy a glance that warned him not to utter another syllable, then continued as if there had been no interruption "-they were deducted house points, and given assignments to reflect on their actions and write parchments on their mischief. Henceforth, they were given their punishments for their actions, even though they did not break the written Hogwarts rules. In sharp contrast, using magic in the halls, or any time outside of a class [minor, unoffensive spells not included], especially to attack other students, is forbidden by the rules. As they acted in self-defense, you have actually put yourselves in a worse position. I have a security system running this castle, so I know everything that goes on within it. For humane reasons, there is no surveillance being done in private areas such as bathrooms and bedrooms..."

The Masked Man landed in the grounds near the lake, carrying Rosaleya bridal-style.

"Would you mind putting me down?"

"Of course....Argh!"

Jade had tossed him into the lake the moment he put her down.

"It's cold!"

"I would send an electric shock through the water so that you would lose consciousness and drown, but there are other living things in there that I wouldn't want to cause harm to." Rosaleya spat. "Why did you trick me like that?! You _!"

"I had a good reason for being so deceitful, you must believe me." the Masked Man replied when he managed to get back to the surface; Jade had thrown him quite far from the shore.

"I can't think of anything. Explain yourself, you _. I want to gouge your eyes out."

"Please don't speak so harshly to me! I can't bare it!" the Masked Man pleaded, embracing her.

"You're freezing!" Rosaleya tried to get away from him, and so did Jade, but he wouldn't let go. Jade tried a number of creative things, but nothing worked "Are you...crying?"

The Masked Man could do nothing but hold her for a moment, dripping water from his body and dripping silent tears from his eyes. "Please..." he repeated "...do not speak so harshly to me. I love you so...you are my precious, my dearest, my beloved, whatever you can think of...just please...forgive me...I broke the rules...but this game...was too cruel."

"You're not making sense to me. Hurry up and explain yourself before you give me a cold. Ah, thanks." she thanked Jade as he magically dried and warmed the Masked Man and Rosaleya, only for the latter's sake. "Again, there's no reincarnation system, so none of this is making sense to me." He's making a big deal of that again, isn't he? That's what he's doing, right?

"I didn't mean it when I said that we were together in a past life. In truth, it happened so long ago that it truly feels like a different life entirely. You were my princess, and I was your prince; we were siblings, the closest ever, and our love and trust made us nearly invincible; we were the best of friends. However, you wanted to test a theory...so you forced me, despite my pleas, to wipe away your memories of me, and your past self, and leave you here in this world. Your theory was: If a person loses their memories of who they once were, and their past experiences, and are placed in a different place than their original birthplace, surrounded by different people, will they still be the same person? Will they still love the same things? Will they still be attracted to the same types of people and enjoy the same experiences and activities? You were so curious about it that you wanted to see it for yourself. You wrote instructions for me, and I followed them to the letter, I swear. That day at Darkest Creatures-" he referenced the time when they 'first met' "-I was longing to be close to you to the point that I was unable to do anything but stand there, pretending to stare at the masks on the wall for hours. When you spoke to me, I had to do everything in my power to stop myself from embracing you or revealing everything. That is why I left quickly after that without speaking much. However, the incident with the masks made it impossible for me to ignore you any longer. I've been trying my hardest to distract myself from you, but nothing has worked; not even arousing paintings or gruesome murders. Forgive my forceful actions thus far; I was desperate for your attention. I cannot explain the pain I felt; I missed you too much. You were always there for me, and the reverse was also true. If you do not believe me, here-" he handed her a small, silver key with a heart-shaped handle. "-the key to your diary. You thought that you lost it, so you couldn't read it, right? It has a copy of the instructions you gave me. As you read them, you should understand and remember everything." he let go of her. "Here." he summoned the book for her.

The moment Rosaleya looked at it, she lost consciousness, and fell forward. The Masked Man caught her, and sighed. "Although I wasn't supposed to tell you this quite yet. The game, or rather, the experiment, isn't over, yet. My princess...for now, you must return to ignorance."

He walked for a bit, to where Athena was still awaiting Rosaleya's arrival to dine with her. "Take care of this." he spoke harshly to her.

"You don't have to be such a _ about it." Athena replied in an equally harsh tone. "After all, you're the one who _ up this time. And you blamed me for the last incident. Seriously, it was only a haircut that she-"

"-we're both at fault." the Masked Man admitted. "Just please, handle her once more." he sighed deeply. "My heart cannot bear to reset her memories again."

"Sure, sure. Whatever you want, your highness." Athena rolled her eyes. "Why can't you just die in a ditch somewhere already? Control your damn emotions; I'm doing my best not to spoil the game at every opportunity."

"Don't rub it in; you were always a better actress than I. I never liked you being her best friend."

"But that's going to stay the same. You'll just have to get her to like you again without revealing everything and having your history together to back you up. That way, you can actually spend some time together before the 'big reveal'. Hehe." Athena ran her fingers through Rosaleya's hair as she fixed up her memories.

The Masked Man walked away with one final yearning glance at Rosaleya. He stayed outside for a bit, hugging himself and gazing at the moon and starry skies. "Forgive me...I broke the rules. But this game was too cruel." he said to no one in particular. Even though I have been alive for... he sighed ...this time spend without you feels like an eternity, even though it's only been a few years...

"Here-" Jade handed the Masked Man the camera that he had been recording Rosaleya's incident with. "-watch her in her beautiful strength."

"I can't hear you...but I am grateful." the Masked Man replied to Jade, taking the camera from him.

"I'll come to take it back from you later." Jade said before returning to Rosaleya.

"...completely unacceptable. For your disgraceful acts of bullying and breaking the rules, each one of you will lose fifty house points, and none of you are permitted to indulge in any desserts for one week."

At least those two won't be able to blackmail you anymore. She's doing you a favor. Raven thought.

All ten students were staring at their feet. Not one of them could speak a word for themselves; Luna had made too many valid points to be argued against.

Now, she turned her attention to the boy who had been Rosaleya's first opponent.

"I have recently posted it on every news board in Hogwarts: If anyone is in need of clothing, you must ask Professor Ravenna, as she is an expert at making clothing though magic, and she will not charge anything. Your uniform can be replicated in minutes, so make time for that tomorrow." she advised before using her wand to open the door for them. "You are all excused for the night."

Once they left, Luna began writing a report to Elias, which would be perfectly detailed, including both events with Rosaleya and Edmund, her scolding to the students, and their punishment. It would be his desk in less than half an hour.

"...What happened?" Rosaleya sat up with a slightly drowsy look in her eyes. "The last thing I remember was...fighting off those idiots."

"Yeah, you were just telling me about that." Athena smiled innocently. "But you passed out suddenly. Maybe you're a little tired after today. But you still have to finish your dinner."

"And brush your teeth." Jade added with a toothy smile.

"You can't let this go to waste!" Athena joked, gesturing to the delicious grilled salmon, rice, and vegetables from the Demon Realm. "Besides; you were just getting to the good part!"

"Which...part...?" Rosaleya tiredly gave Jade a sideways glance.

"So, to conclude the full report: These poor souls have been killed the same way without any visible or physical harm. It is just like they fell asleep peacefully and their hearts stopped beating. There's nothing that they have eaten or drunk that could have caused their death. They are just muggles of different ages and genders from random backgrounds with no connections to the wizarding world..." Alexander frowned. "But something does not make sense...how did they end up getting crucified...?"

"Sir, it means that someone must have a hand in it. There must be a mastermind behind it...Only a powerful wizard would be able to commit such a crime..."

"I know, I know...but If we only could find out! But all the clues end just there. I mean how could this have happened to this number of muggles at the same time without any sound. If the muggle community had not discovered that place by accident, we would not have known...None would have known about it..." Alexander paused and seemed to ponder furiously about something.

"What do you suggest us to do sir?"

"At the moment there's nothing we can do more than investigating in this matter to see if we can find more clues. The Daily Prophet belong to us and I know they will write sense about this matter, but the Quibbler is out of our control and I still need to work to seize control of it. We need to keep a watch on them and see what they write."

"Understood, sir!"

Elias picked up the report that had been waiting for him on his desk when he returned to his office after dinner. It was a detailed report on ten students that had misbehaved and broken the rules and their punishment.

...I am still not used to Ravenna, the angel...but she is doing us a good job and I am actually glad that we have her here.... He thought contently. ..But why did these students go to the lengths that they faked letters by me...they even dared to do that....I wonder if they had dared to do the same thing if professor McGonagall had been alive and still in charge of this school...and I wonder if they ever would find out about students' misbehavior without Ravenna...well anyway, McGonagall is in the past now...

August turned around and looked at the beautiful painting of dark art by Celeste that hung behind his desk.

...I miss you Celeste, I miss you more than anything... He thought with a sigh. ...It was supposed to be our seventh date that day, but you were ill. A couple of weeks has passed since and I wonder if you have gotten any better. We have not known each other for a very long time...but since that day I met you on the summer feast until our sixth date, I enjoyed every moment I had with you. I want to write you a letter, but I don't know where you live. I know that you are not a human and you always gave me the impression that you were from a different world. I wonder where you come from and if I ever will see you again. I wonder if Wednesdays were your favorite days, because you always preferred to meet on such days. It is a pity that I have so much work tomorrow or I would have paid a visit to our meeting place...Perhaps this is a test...perhaps you are giving me a test...to see what I will do if we do not see each other for a very long time...and I do not blame you...after what you have been through before...well, I hope I will see you at the next coming feast or ball if you don't send me any letter by then...I will always be waiting for you even if it will take another century till we meet again...my dear Celeste..

It started to rain heavily at round seven o'clock this evening. The rain poured down and smashed against the windows. Melody looked up from her work and looked at the rain outside her window. She smiled as she remembered how Nova had described Reign's name. ...Reign, I wonder if you enjoy rainy weathers as much as sunny weathers? You enjoy gardens and plants just like I do.... She sighed softly and turned around to look at the gift she had received by Reign. It was the painting he had done for her. The painting that represented her image holding a rose that day when they had been on a picnic on their last date. ...It is so beautiful...I wish I could gift him something very beautiful in return...but like what? I have never tried to paint and magic in art has not been my thing. I am great with plants and cooking and I can play on my acoustic guitar and sing...oh I know…I know what to gift him...but I cannot send it with one of his scrolls, so I guess I have to wait until I can see him and give him my gift in person...

Aislinn walked across the paved walkaway towards Luna's manor. She was walking in the rain without an umbrella or something to cover herself with. She did not need any of it because she only needed to use a charm that protected her against the rain. It would look like the rain hit her, but she would not feel the cold or the rain or get the slightest wet. It was feeling lonely now when Luna was living at Hogwarts during her time as professor in cooking with magic. ...and Blaise and Rosier are not here anymore...it feels so long time ago...such a long time... Aislinn thought as she suddenly stopped in the rain and a flashback of the past ran in front of her eyes. ...Merlin's beard...I cried like a baby when Blaise sacrificed himself... She thought with a sigh. ...Well, that was in the past, but I will always remember it...and I wonder what the future holds for me and Luna and the rest of the team...Even with my great instincts, I could never have guessed that we would grow in number and be able to take over both Hogwarts and the Ministry of Magic. The wizarding world belongs to us now.... She smiled wryly and continued on her steps. She entered the manor and continued up towards her bedroom. There were things she missed from her belongings and that she needed to get. …Now when I work with Alastair at that Japanese Agency, I wish to have my things at one place. I am hardly here and I go often to the manor where my grandmother and relatives live...

b7d60af0d5be2d30066b0694d863ecb9.gif

"Vincent, may I have a word with you?"

"Of course great aunt.."

"Let's speak in privacy here in library while the rest are in the family room for now.."

"As you wish."

"Please take a seat, my dear!" Lady Monroe took a seat in front of her grand-nephew as soon as he had taken a seat by the table. She smiled and remained silent for a couple of minutes before speaking: "Vincent, I want you to listen carefully to what I have to tell you right now. You are old enough to take care of yourself and get and support a family. So I hope you are being serious about being with that human girl, miss Adela..."

"Well...I am going to give her nice gifts on her birthday..." He smiled. "She will be very happy..."

Lady Monroe sighed inwardly, but continued patiently: "It is very nice of you to pay attention to such things. I am sure she will be very happy. But when are you going to propose to her?"

"I...well...we…soon..."

"What do you mean? Have you confessed to her?"

"We are seeing each other whenever she has time..."

"I know that. She is a professor at Hogwarts so she must be busy, but you have to act fast and propose to her. She is obviously a witch since she works there, so I have no doubt that she knows a lot about vampires. I'm sure she will be fine with marrying you and bearing your child..." ...After I observed her close on that day she was here on a visit to deliver a letter to Vincent, I could see it on her, her love for him, it was clearly written all over her face...

"I will propose to her as soon as possible.." Vincent replied to satisfy his great aunt.
...Actually, I will propose to Adela when I feel ready...I wonder how much she knows about our customs and lifestyles as vampires...Ashy hardly knows anything that I doubt Adela will know more than her...

Last edited:
The next day, Dante was waiting in his tiger form outside of August's office, lying on his side. He ignored anyone that passed, except for his target. When he saw August, he extended his front paw, showing him the note that was attached by a black ribbon, waiting patiently with the obvious expectation that he would untie the ribbon and take the note:

The moment August took the note, Dante left quickly, as if eager to return to his mistress.

"Do you know why I've invited you to my office instead of allowing you to have breakfast?" Luna inquired with a grave countenance.

"No." Rosaleya replied, giving Jade a sideways glance.

Jade shrugged in response.

"I must confess that I am quite clueless." the Masked Man had replied.

"Last night-" Luna began.

"-you were approached by five students, whom you had dueled with earlier that day. Can you tell me what happened?" She patiently awaited a response.

The Masked Man smiled eerily. "Of course I can. Would you like me to go into details? I don't want to take up too much of your time."

"Please, go into detail." Luna replied calmly.

Jade handed Rosaleya the camera that he had used to video tape the students, and she handed it to Luna.

"This means that we can't blackmail the students anymore..." Jade sighed in disappointment.

"What is this?" Luna held the Masked Man's recorder in her hand.

"It's evidence of what happened last night." Rosaleya replied.

"You were planning for this?" Luna asked.

"I had it on hand in case something like this happened." Rosaleya repeated after Jade.

"It's proof that I was acting in self-defence." the Masked Man assured her.

"I see." Luna replied. "Then why didn't you show it to me directly after the incident?"

"To be honest..." the Masked Man sounded as if he was smiling.

"...I wanted to blackmail the students for what they did." Rosaleya replied quietly.

"Is it such a bad thing?" Jade asked "To want to punish them for what they did?"

"As a teacher, I should scold you right now..." Luna sighed, thinking for a moment.

"...but in all honesty, I don't see anything wrong with wanting to have a bit of fun." I was bullied when I was here, and I wish I had the courage to fight back like they did. It was impressive. The only reason I didn't fight back was because I was worried that I would be blamed no matter who had started the fight, or who was right. But if I had the faculty on my side, it wouldn't have turned out that way. "'So in the future, I would like you to report the incident to me, and I will not punish the students directly, as I did last night, but allow them to believe that you have information on them that could be used against them."

"In short, as long as you are the one in the right, I will allow you do to as you please, provided that you are completely honest with me. I would like you to know that I have a security system set in place so that I know everything that goes on within these grounds. If you attempt to lie to me, I will know, and that will be the end of our 'alliance'. In addition, if you use this deal to extort any other students for no good reason, you will face severe punishment and expulsion."

"In order for this arrangement to work, I must insist that you tell anyone who asks that I strongly discouraged you from using violence, and that I sentenced you to a grueling task every day during lunch...a horrid detention of sorts, in my office, for the next week. I can't have my reputation spoiled, now can I?" she smiled, although there was a dangerous look in her eyes that warned Rosaleya not to take her lightly.

"Permit me to say that this offer of yours...sounds too good to be true." The Masked Man replied. "Why would you give someone such as myself such a perfect deal?"

"My reasons are my own, but allow me to assure you that this is neither a trap, nor a trick. However, if it helps you set your mind at ease, "

"I was once in a situation like yours, at this very school, but the faculty was against me. If I had them on my side, I would've been able to defend myself. But, considering who was in charge at the time, and my reputation, my situation didn't play out like yours."

"You can use your imagination for the details." Luna finished. "That is all I wished to speak with you about."

"Thank you, Deputy Headmistress." Rosaleya replied gratefully. "The muffins were delicious."

"Which one was your favorite?" Luna asked.

"The vanilla and blueberry."

"The chocolate and blueberry."

"Have a lovely day." Luna held the door open for Rosaleya.

"My deepest gratitude, Headmistress."

How odd...Luna thought once Rosaleya had left. ...they're so similar, and yet so different.

"So, how did everything go with the Deputy Headmistress?" the Masked Man asked. He was coolly leaning up against the wall outside of her office, waiting for Rosaleya to come out.

"Fine." Rosaleya replied, visibly surprised to see him there. "Is there anything that you needed?" Why was he waiting there?

"Yes, I needed something very important from you: your forgiveness." he performed Dogeza to demonstrate his sincerity.

"For what?!" Rosaleya said quickly, becoming confused as to why the Masked Man was suddenly acting so strange. Jade, what should I do?!

Jade was laughing heartily at the strange sight, trying to catch his breath enough to instruct Rosaleya.

"For everything I did since we went out for ice cream. My behavior was unacceptable, and I can fully understand why you wished to distance yourself from me. Please, I beg of you, forgive me for my foolishness."

"You should beg a bit harder." Jade replied in a sadistic tone. "And please, don't get up."

"Get up off of the floor, right now." Rosaleya said quickly. "As far as I remember, there is nothing that you've done to me that would make this sort of apology necessary. Please stand straight." she said gently in a reassuring tone.

"I thought that you were angry with me?" now it was the Masked Man's turn to be confused as he stood straight once more. "That is the last thing that I would want. I could barely sleep last night in my anguish."

"Why?" Rosaleya asked. I'm getting more and more confused by the second.

"Why did you have to be so nice to him?" Jade groaned.

"Because you are the only one who matters to me, in all the realms." the Masked Man seized Rosaleya's hands in his, speaking in such a heartfelt voice. "I would rather be impaled by one thousand swords, than be the cause of your displeasure."

Rosaleya pulled her hands away from him. "I'm sorry, but...do I know you from somewhere?"

Jade whispered something in Rosaleya's ear.

"Hmm?" Ah, I understand...she's punishing me by pretending that our interactions meant nothing to her...she's still angry with me...I wouldn't be able to stand it if she really forgot me again. The Masked Man thought reasonably. That means that I have to try even harder to apologi-

"Oh, you're that Kagetane Hiruko guy from that time at Darkest Creatures, right? The guy that wanted the masks!" Rosaleya clapped her hands, finally remembering. "You must've mistaken me for someone else. I don't know you except for that one time, and you didn't even tell me your name."

"Of course." the Masked Man humored her. "You may call me Edmund Dantes."

"Like 'The Count of Monte Cristo'? Okay, that's a fine nickname, I guess, but you should really go apologize to whoever you pissed off so much. Good luck." Rosaleya turned away. I hope it goes well for him, I guess.

"Yes, right away." the Masked Man appeared in front of Rosaleya, placing one hand on either shoulder. "Please forgi-"

Rosaleya slapped his hands away. "Look, I was being nice before, but now I need you to leave me alone. Maybe you're trying to practice on me, but it's not working. Maybe since I cut my hair I look like someone you know, but this needs to stop right now." she spoke with a firm tone and gaze. "Leave me alone and go do what you need to do to the girl that you pissed off. If you try anything else I won't hold back." What is this guy's deal?! She thought as she quickly turned around and made to leave the hallway.

"I don't understand." She's taking this joke a bit too far. He chased after her. "Do you believe that I'm being insincere? I truly am sorry for what I did, please, just listen to me! Stop this act, I beg you!"

"I said, leave me alone." Rosaleya demanded as Jade tripped the Masked Man, who fell flat on his face. "I won't give you another warning." she gave him a fierce look, then continued on her way.

"Please-" the Masked Man appeared in front of Rosaleya again.

"Stop it!" Rosaleya growled, punching the Masked Man in his jaw so hard that he fell over and hit his head on the floor. "I don't know you, and I don't want to, either." It's costing me a lot of effort to hold back, so stop messing with me.

"Ooooooooh! Put your heel into his throat." Jade suggested sadistically while laughing. "Just a little?" he pleaded. "Come on, please? Or how about you make him lick the floor to 'earn your forgiveness'?"

"I don't want to hurt you if you're just confused, so I'm being nice by giving you a warning."No wonder that girl of yours is angry. "But don't make this mistake again." She left directly after delivering her line with a sadistic expression.

"Come on! We should've had some fun!" Jade whined. "He was practically asking for it!"

"How?" the Masked Man asked himself. He was still in the position that Rosaleya had left him in. Then, his eyes widened. He rose, clenching his fist with the intention to speak with Athena during lunch.

3535268hqxumo2xuy.gif

"You erased all of her memories of me, except for the interaction with the masks? I can't believe it...you left the only memory that meant nothing?! How could you?" the Masked Man demanded.

"It was the best recent memory she had of you."

"I barely spoke a word."

Athena smirked. 'That's why' her expression said.

"The lotions that I gifted her?"

"I gave Stephan credit for those."

The Masked Man was visibly distraught now, putting a hand to his forehead and breathing unevenly. "I asked you to remove last night's mistake..."

Athena cackled, walking away while sarcastically muttering "Good luck" under her breath. "Hey, Rose! Hey, Stephan! OOOH, are those more cinnamon rolls?!"

"Nova brought them for me." Stephan said as he offered Rosaleya one. I still haven't put together the right words for my love confession, yet. I was trying all morning... "I wanted to have dessert for lunch instead, just for today."

"They taste so good!" Rosaleya sighed after taking a bite.

She's so adorable! Stephan and Athena thought.

The girl gazed out at the lake's bright surface, checking the time every few seconds because lunchtime was almost over. Then, she heard footsteps and her heart nearly skipped a beat as she laid eyes on the Masked Man. "You came!" the girl exclaimed. "I was worried that you wouldn't come!" I was so nervous when I gave you that letter yesterday!

He stopped walking five feet away from her, clearly waiting for her explanation.

She blushed, looking away, but then clenched her fists and faced him with determination. Although, I thought it would be easier since he's wearing a mask, it's still so hard...to face him. "Can you please...?" Come on, don't get cold feet now!

He removed his mask. This should be fun.

For a few moments, all she could do was stare at his charming countenance. "I...I'm in love with you."

Just as I thought, she's useless. Then, there is no problem with playing with her. "Why?"

"Because...because I love how confident you are, and you've got amazing grades...and you're...well, the real reason is..."

Thirty seconds later

"...so I want to be your girlfriend." the girl finished, blushing heavily. "...If you'd let me."

"No." the Masked Man turned away coldly. "You've wasted my time." he added as he made to leave. And in her desperation, she will chase after me, and beg...

"W-Wait!" she ran to catch up with him. "Please, just tell me why you don't love me back?!"

...to know why I am uninterested in her mediocrity, comparing herself to the other lady that I am so obviously interested in. The Masked Man smiled as he ran faster.

"Tell me why you love her and not me! Please! I'll do anything for you!" Please, just stop running! I'm terrible at it and I'm already panting!

At this, the Masked Man stopped, and turned around. "Do you really wish to know?" The game begins.

"Yes! Even if you think that the truth will hurt me!"

"Do you know what a 'sheep' is?"

"Yes, it's a cute animal that you might find on a farm or a petting zoo."

"There is another meaning to that word." He replied, as if it was obvious.

"I-I don't understand."

Round one. "You said you would do anything for me, right?"

"Yes." she replied firmly.

"Stand on one foot."

That doesn't sound too hard...if that's all it takes, then... She obeyed him, although she did so with difficulty, since she nearly fell over several times.

Round two. "Put your hands on your shoulders, with the right hand on your left, and so forth."

She obeyed.

Round three. "Bark like a dog."

She obeyed, doing her best to imitate a chihuahua's bark, even if she was still confused as to what the point was.

Round four. "Now get on your hands and knees and bark again, imitating a dog. Then, beg for me to accept your love."

With hesitation, she obeyed.

Final round. He crouched down, and she looked up to him with large, hopeful eyes that had still illogically retained their love-struck gaze. "You really would do anything for me, wouldn't you?" he smiled.

"Yes!" she promised. "Anything!"

"That is why I do not love you. Women like you are so common that I no longer see them as sentient beings, but rather, objects. All I can do for you is objectify you, if you have no will power of your own. And, as you've just demonstrated, you do not. I do not want another doll with one purpose. I already have so many of those that they've nearly lost their appeal. Good day." he stood, replacing his mask and walking away. "I hope that you've learned a valuable lesson."

Why?! What did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve this? The girl thought as she collapsed in a fit of tears, banging her fists on the ground.

Game over. The Masked Man smiled. Restarting...

"Why did you want to meet me here?" a boy asked. He had a crush on the girl that 'Edmund Dantes' had just finished playing with. However, due to his recent arrival, was ignorant of her current state of mind.

"There is a lady over there who I have just turned down; she confessed her love to me, you see. However, I am aware that you have feelings for her, so I've done you a favor and put her in a melancholic state. You may play the hero, 'rescuing' her from her sadness and comforting her. You're welcome." the Masked Man explained.

"Are you okay?" the boy rushed to her side.

"No..."

"That's okay, tell me all about it. I'm here for you..."

The girl embraced him, and wept while recounting her encounter with 'a demon'.

It's working! The boy thought, smiling since the girl was resting her head against his chest with her eyes shut tight.

So painfully predictable. The Masked Man thought, walking away due to lack of interest. It wasn't even that much fun.

"Details, details." Nova reminded with a smile. "I'm not allowed to give suggestions, you know, but if you're not specific they could appear moldy, or the size of a grain of sand."

"You're right, you're right! Okay, so...I wish-" the police cop started over "-that my bullet proof vest had a magical pocket that had an endless supply of donuts. The donuts come out this big-" he gestured for the usual size "-when I reach my hand into the pocket, and they're fresh, like they were just baked, and they're not burnt, and they don't make me sick or anything like that. I only want my favorite ones, which are-" he went on for a minute "-and never any of the disgusting flavors like 'apple turnover' or 'strawberry French cruller'. Well?"

Nova gestured like the man was forgetting something obvious.

"Oh...and when I'm the only one who can pull them out, and no one thinks it's weird that I have so many in my pocket."

Nova repeated his gesture.

"What else am I forgetting? I can't think of anything!"

"You're missing something, but I can't tell you what it is." He really can't think of anything?

"That's it, I'm done! Now, what do I have to do in return?"

Nova sighed. It'll either get stolen, he'll lose it, it'll get damaged somehow and it won't work anymore, or he'll lose his hands in an accident and he won't be able to get the donuts out. He's missing so many things. Maybe he'll even turn allergic to one of the ingredients...or maybe...tch, the possibilities are endless. "When you go home today, tell your wife that she's the best thing in the world to you and that you're so happy that she's yours. Then, do that thing with her." he said seriously.

"We haven't done that in quite some time...I don't think that I could make her happy that way..." the policeman scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"It will make her feel special. Besides, she wished for tonight to play out that way; she misses you, believe me. She even went into detail, so read through this-" Nova handed the policeman the paper "-and don't forget her favorite flowers. She's baked you a lovely meal, with dessert."

"But I really don't think that I can watch The Titanic with her again!" he insisted. "We've already watched it a hundred times!"

"It was her wish, believe me." Nova laughed.

"Okay...when does my wish start working?"

"As soon as you agree to carry out my favor. The results of the wish disappear if you intentionally neglect my favor."

"I agree, I agree!" he nodded his head, reaching into his pocket, pulling out a cinnamon roll donut with wide eyes. "It worked!" he said thickly as he chewed a large bite.

"Good for you." Nova disappeared. I have a bad feeling about his wish...he didn't even wish for the bullet-proof vest to be impervious to everything...or maybe just to have a bullet-proof uniform that worked the same way so that he's safe while working...

Leigh pushed a shopping cart through his usual supermarket, sighing as he did so. I'm so lonely without Rosaleya here...Crystal comes around when she needs to work, but she's too busy...and I haven't dated anyone in a month! With all of the chores, and the work at the store I've had no time to...I could really use some rest and relaxation...life is so unfair. He reached for his choicest laundry detergent, but he was too short to get it. He groaned. So unfair...the laundry machine is broken...I told Rosaleya that I would fix it a while ago, but I forgot about it...and I don't know any darn cleaning spells! It's been a pain to hand-wash my clothing! A maid is too expensive nowadays...and so is a new laundry machine...I just don't know what to do!

"Do you need any help?" a woman's voice asked from right behind him.

Leigh jumped slightly. "You startled me." he replied, turning to see the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. "Yes, I do need help." he replied, looking her up and down.

"Alright, excuse me." she smiled, pointing to the detergent behind him.

"Oh...right." he moved out of the way. She isn't an employee here, not with a body like that...and she's not wearing the uniform...but why is she helping me?

She put a stool down where he had been standing, and stepped up to get the detergent for him.

Meanwhile, Leigh had 'accidentally' dropped a few coins on the floor, and crouched down to 'pick them up', briefly looking up her skirt as he did so. He had used this trick before, and was confident that he wouldn't get caught.

"Do you like what you see?" the lady asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Leigh replied innocently, standing straight already. "Here, let me help you down." he offered her a hand.

She got down on her own and handed him the detergent so harshly that he nearly got the wind knocked out of him. "Do you want to see more?" she asked, leaning forward to whisper lewd things in his ear.

Leigh looked down at the bit of her bust which was showing when she leaned forward.

"Well?" she asked, smiling suggestively as she backed away. "Do you?"

"What is your name?" Leigh asked, trying to sound smooth, although the hungry look in his eyes betrayed him.

"Claudia McCunnen." she replied smoothly with a suggestive look in her eyes. "What's yours?"

"Leigh Fairbrook."

"Are you married?"

"No...but I have a daughter that is around eighteen."

"I'm fine with that...is she home right now?"

"...No."

Afterwards, Leigh was getting dressed while Claudia showered.

She is amazing...He thought while imagining marrying her.

He is such a fool...She thought while calling his name. "Can you get me a fresh towel?"

"Sure!" he replied with a dreamy look in his eyes.

"She's enrolled at Hogwarts?" It's definitely her...

"Yes, I know it's amazing. But that's the way I raised her." Leigh boasted.

"I
also have a son who is enrolled at Hogwarts. He's in his sixth year there. Much like you, I'm not very good with magic, so of course I want the best for my son. Your darling daughter sounds like an angel. You're such a good father." she smiled "What are your views on dating?"

"She can date when she is twenty-one, and only boys, and they must have respectable, approved backgrounds and upbringings, and of course their parents have to be agreeable people, too."

"Wow. How strict." she praised. "So, anything except for heterosexuality is forbidden, right? It's so hard to find someone with good old-fashioned values these days. She probably doesn't understand how much you care about her."

Leigh sighed. "She doesn't. To be honest, although she's a wonderful daughter, I'm so worried about her while she's out there. What if she makes a mistake? What if she does something irreversible and then she looks back and says 'Father, you were a terrible parent! You should've been there for me to tell me that was wrong! How could you let me do something like that?!' I just want to be a good father to her. I'm trying the best that I can!" he looked down sadly.

"Oh, I don't doubt that." Claudia smiled sweetly, leaning over the dinner table to put a comforting hand on Leigh's shoulder.

"I love you so much...I'm so tired of meaningless relationships." Leigh said. "I think that I've actually fallen in love...My happiness has made me feel so young again...but then I look around and I see all of these chores to do...and I feel old again." he laughed.

"I have an idea." Claudia kissed his cheek "I work as a maid for hire...why don't you let me live here and I'll clean and cook for you? Although I'm terrible with magic, the need to raise a healthy young boy on my own has given me plenty of practice in domestic work."

"That sounds too good to be true." Leigh laughed, taking her words as a joke.

"But it is."

"What happened to your husband?"

"I never had one. It started and ended just like this." she gestured around. "But you won't leave me, will you?"

"You're serious about this?" He meant moving in.

"Yes."

"I'll have to think about it...we only have two bedrooms in this apartment."

"Can't I share a bed with you?"

"Not while Rosaleya is here...I don't want her to end up like me."

"So...can I sleep in the family room? At night, I could switch out the couch with a bed using a simple switching spell, and then switch it back in the morning."

"I don't want you living here if Rosaleya is here, unless we're married."

"Do you want to get married?"

"A wedding can be expensive..." Leigh looked away.

"I don't need an expensive wedding; I'm not like that. Your love is all I need...well, this is also nice." she put her hand on his knee.

She's like a dream come true. But...

"Why are you hesitating?" she moved her hand a bit higher up.

"I would like to introduce you to Rosaleya first before agreeing. " he pushed her hand away. "How about we wait until the winter break? When Rosaleya comes home during the break, if she likes you, then we'll get married. I don't want my darling daughter to hate me, after all." he smiled.

"It's a good plan." she agreed. "Can I come over during the day to do the chores and cooking and maybe help you relax a bit?" she bit her lip with a suggestive look in her eyes.

"It's a good plan." Leigh embraced her.

"Why didn't you tell Rosaleya, yet? It's been two days...did you fall in love with someone else or something?" Athena asked during dinner.

"No!" Stephan insisted, as if the thought was impossible. "But...I just can't get it right!"

"Get what right? Weren't you the one who wrote her all of those love letters?"

"Love letters?! What do you mean?"

"It wasn't you?! I thought for sure that it was! Mr. Mask interrogated me about them, so that's how I know. You see..."

Two minutes later

"...so I know for sure that Mr. Jerk isn't the one who sent them. His sister complex is annoying, but he would never do anything to harm her. When they spent time together, you couldn't even tell that he was such a terrible person, the way that he treated her as if she was the most important thing in all of the realms. However, as her former and present best friend, I don't think that she was completely okay with everything that he was doing, even if none of it harmed her, so that's why she decided to do this experiment with him with the memory removal. But I'll tell you about that later. So, if Mr. Jerk isn't the one sending the letters, and I'm not-" she promised "-and you're not the one, then who..._! I didn't even consider that someone else might be in love with her. " We've got to find out who the hell it is.

"In the meantime, can you give me any advice?" Stephan asked.

"Hmm...."

Two minutes later

"...so that is my advice to you." Athena finished.

"That's really good advice. Thank you." Stephan rose, intending to return to the common rooms. "Tomorrow, during breakfast, I'll tell her, outside."

"Perfect." Athena patted him on the shoulder, then gave him a thumbs up. "Good luck."

"So, he thinks that you two...?" Soren laughed heartily.

"Yeah, it was such a cheap illusion that I thought he would see right through it!" Claudia laughed. "He's such an idiot! I never even touched him!"

Once their laughter died down, Claudia asked "So, how's it going at school?"

"I'm going to tell her tomorrow." Soren promised. "I left her a letter asking her to meet me behind the school during dinner. I've finally worked up the courage..."

"Perfect. Well, I'll get a portal for you to return to school. Your 'bathroom break' should be over by now." Claudia smiled, ruffling his hair. "Good luck, Soren."

Dear Princess,

It is I, your prince from a distant land filled with an endless supply of paper and ink, it seems. I've finally worked up the courage to reveal myself to you. I will be waiting for you behind the school during dinner. I understand if you don't return my love; I never want you to feel pressured to do anything that you don't want to. Through these letters, I'm certain that you know how deeply I feel for you, so there is no doubt that I've already accepted your flaws, just as, I hope, you will accept mine. You are my first love, and I will always remember you fondly regardless of tomorrow night's outcome. I've always dreamed of finding someone with...

"-Stop re-reading that letter and get to bed already!" Jade snatched the letter from her and pushed her back so that she was lying down in bed. "Get some sleep!"

"Please read it to me again?"

"Fine, but only once. Then, I'm writing it down in your journal in case it disappears like the other ones."

"I'm so excited! Tomorrow is going to be so hard to get through!" Rosaleya whispered, an excited look in her eyes. "Man, that guy was so weird today! I wanted to-"

"Yes...but you didn't." Jade's sadistic expression said 'I wanted to do so much more to him'. "Here we go...Dear Princess..." he began reading.

Last edited:
August was both surprised and annoyed to see a familiar tiger waiting outside his office in the morning. He was surprised since he did not expect to see the tiger all of sudden. And he was annoyed because of how the security system was working. …Creatures shouldn’t be able to enter the castle, if a tiger is able to enter today, Merlin knows what will be able to enter tomorrow. He bent down and loosened the black ribbon from the tiger’s paw and took the note. So, so Dante desires to see me? August thought oddly. Why? I thought this note was from Celeste...Well let’s see what Dante has on his heart today…

Ugh…I thought this year was going to be relaxing, but it feels I have so much more to do than as a usual seventh year…Lily thought with a sigh as she looked at her schedule during the breakfast. I will be assisting miss Pyrites with Divination before and after lunch, I have my duties as head girl and prefect and Cooking with Magic after dinner…Oh right...I promised to make up for the salty cake, but professor Pyrites may be full after dinner today…then he can have it for supper…let him have a taste of my first attempt cooking hehehe…And he will be stuck in a situation in which he is unable to do anything, forced to taste anything I cook and bake and cannot give me detentions because he has no proof that I doing this as revenge since I am pretending to be innocent because I am here to learn Cooking with magic after all…hehehe…

Is someone stalking me…? I had this weird feeling that I have someone’s eyes at me…but…

Aislinn stopped in her tracks and looked behind her when she had left Diagon Alley and entered the darkest part of Knockturn Alley, but she could not see anything strange. Strange…I do not have a bad feeling about it…it is something I cannot put my finger on…well whatever…I should hurry…

An hour later, a cloaked figure was standing just outside Knockturn Alley, hesitating for a moment.
I feel so much safer here in Diagon Alley. Every time I wish to enter this dark alley, I change my mind…when will I be able to build up my courage…it is daytime and yet I don’t have the courage to enter…I have been there once…but that time I was not alone…..Whatever I should head back or I will be late…

When August had finished his dinner later that evening, he walked over to the gates. No one questioned him why he left the castle during the evening. No one dared to question him.

Dante was waiting for August, leaning up against the gates and staring at the moon. When he heard August's footsteps, he stopped leaning on the gates, although he ended up slouching slightly, with his hands on his pockets, and a bored look in his eyes. "Write a letter for my sister; she could use your comfort right now, so make it something heartfelt. Of course, she didn't say this, but I can tell she misses you...for some reason." How could she see something in this mediocre idiot? "She can't come visit you right now, and I can't take you to visit her, because her sickness is very contagious at this stage...well, contagious to 'humans'. I can deliver the letter to her whenever you finish with it. When should I return to deliver it?" During his whole speech, he hadn't bothered to change his bored persona, or even think of saying hello.

August had to keep all his might to keep himself calm. His tone when he speaks makes me feel so frustrated. What is more frustrating is that he sent me a note just to tell me this, when he actually could have saved us both time and I would have delivered him the letter by now, if he had explained all this in the note this morning instead.

"She does not use owls?!" He was not really asking, speaking more to himself and did not expect Dante to answer. "Fine, I need some time to write, so I will deliver the letter to you by tomorrow morning, after breakfast."

He turned on his heel and left, not bothering to waste more words or time with someone who did not even bother to greet him at all. Siblings can be so different indeed...

Later that evening, when August was composing his letter to Celeste, Lily had just finished Cooking with Magic class. This time she had to toast breads, hard boil eggs and squeeze orange juice. She had messed up as usual. She was unsure how well she had boiled the egg, yet she had followed the instructions. She had burned the toasts, two pieces of sliced bread. They were not really black, but dark-brown to almost black. She had squeezed the juice, which had been an easy task but accidentally forgot to remove the cores. This time she cleaned up her table, using a simple cleaning spell which she had been practicing on earlier today. Later she walked over to professor Pyrites office and knocked at his door.

"Good evening, professor!" She greeted him cheerfully, when he had opened the door. He looked astonished at her as if he had not expected her and become a bit speechless. "I promised that I would make up for the salty cake, so here's something you could have for supper even if it's actually more a breakfast type meal..." She handed him a tray with the meal she had made during the class.

"Eh..thanks.." He noticed the burned toasts and looked suspiciously at the boiled eggs and the glass of juice.

"I am sorry about the burned toasts, I will make it up to you another time!"

"Eh...there's no need-" He began, his eyes still on the burned toasts, but she had already left.

He wondered what he would do with the meal she had just given him and decided to put out the burned toasts for the birds to eat in the morning. Since he was thirsty, he drank the juice, but wished he had not because it was lukewarm and he had to spit out all the orange cores. He peeled off the eggs and cut them in halves and noticed that the yolks were sickly green colored.
Merlin's beard, for how long did she boil the eggs? The yolks don't look edible...ew...

"Fine, I need some time to write, so I will deliver the letter to you by tomorrow morning, after breakfast."

"I'll be here." Dante replied, relieved to see August leave. Idiot.

"Why didn't you just write your whole message on the note?"

"Because I wanted to annoy him."

Celeste couldn't help laughing. "But wasn't it sort of a double-edged sword since you ended up annoying yourself as well?"

"If he is annoyed, then that is worth my annoyance."

"Well, this whole 'sick' thing was your idea, so I'll go with it for now, but as usual-"

"-I know, I know. If I get caught doing something bad, you didn't know anything and you didn't help me. We've been over this every time I do something like this. Seriously though, what the hell do you see in him?"

"Eh." Celeste shrugged. "I can't explain it. For now, I'm in love with him and there's no helping it. But like usual-"

"-I'll be here to remind you that he's an idiot." he stressed the word with as much animosity as he could.

Both of them laughed.

"For now, he's an idiot. He hasn't really done anything to demonstrate his love, yet, but neither have I. We've reached...a stalemate for now, I suppose." Celeste shrugged. "Things could either get better or worse from here, I really can't tell."

"That makes sense. But I think that idiot loves you back. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so patient with me. He's doing it for your sake, which means that I'm basically untouchable." I don't think he's lusting after her.

"Don't take it too far until he deserves it." Celeste warned.

"I know, I know." Dante waved his hand lazily as if the thought of him doing something terrible was the furthest thing from his mind.

Celeste gave him a fierce look.

"Really, I know!" Dante insisted, sounding more genuine this time.

When morning came, August went over his letter once more before leaving for breakfast. It was not a too long or too short letter. The first part and most of it was dedicated to Celeste. August had only written a few sentences about himself at the end of the letter, since he was not the type to talk so much or boast about himself or complained. Even if he was a self-centered and cold person, he would not show this of himself towards a lady he admired, but give her all his attention. In the letter he addressed her first name basis, since they already had shared names. It was not a romantic letter, but when reading between the lines one could understood that he was fond of her. He wondered if it was dragon pox that had infected her, since it was the typical disease that was contagious to wizards and witches. Or could it be a typical muggle disease that is contagious to everyone? But she is not a human, it must be a certain disease that other creatures and beings have to be contagious towards humans. But he did not ask any of those questions. Before he sealed the envelope, he put a single dark vibrant purple, almost black, rose inside. It was a magical rose without any thorns, that would not wither and its smell would not fade over time. It did not had the strong sweet smell, but a subtle yet sweet one. He had chosen that color deliberately, taking a guess she would like it more than a red colored rose. He also chose to write with dark purple ink on a piece of off white parchment.

Dear Celeste,

I am writing this letter, hoping that you are feeling better. I wonder how you have been lately.
It feels as it had been yesterday we went to the haunted castles and played a prank on those muggles.
Whenever I miss you, I look at the beautiful painting of yours, that is hanging in my office at Hogwarts.
It's a peaceful time over here at me. We got a new batch of pupils. Other than that, nothing much
has happening in the human world lately. Or should I say in the wizarding world, because I do not care about muggles.

Please get well soon, so we can go and prank those muggles again, ride your favorite rides in the amusement park,
discover new places together and attend the coming balls! I can not imagine doing these things alone or with anyone else than you,
or it would be so boring. Please take care....

With regards,

August.

After he had eaten breakfast in the Great Hall, he walked out to the gates to hand over his letter to Dante.

"Good morning, you won't try to peek, will you?" He spoke, not caring if Dante greeted him in return or not, handed over him the letter. I am a mature man while he is just a brat...he might learn to greet me respectfully in future if I treat him with respect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back