• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"...I see." Rosaleya said quietly after a moment of silence. "That was a clever loophole." she admitted calmly, flawlessly concealing her disappointment. "Good night." she turned her back to him.

"Wearing two masks?" Jade sighed.

I can't believe he saw our request coming and wore two...unless he always does that. Rosaleya thought.

Jade carried Rosaleya away, and she allowed the lovely moon and pleasantly cool night air to soothe her disappointment.

"Sorry, but I can't have you knowing my secret, yet, princess." the Masked Man said quietly, even though Rosaleya couldn't hear him now. You must fall in love with my personality and accept my eccentricities first, before laying eyes on my beastly countenance.

The Great Hall had been cleared from the long tables that belonged to the four houses of Hogwarts. The main table for the professors remained as usual while four square tables with one chair each had been prepared for four students. These tables were placed in one row, with the distance of two meters between each table. Inkwells and quills had been already placed on the exam tables. It was still early, only half past seven o'clock in the morning and the pre exams would start at nine o'clock, with breakfast at eight o’clock, lunch break at one o'clock and dinner break at six o'clock

"Do you think we will have time to go through all the exams within this week?" Quinn asked Elias. She was not really asking. "It will approximately take about one hundred and seventy-five hours… over the week…twenty-five hour per day...while we only have planned ten hours per day..."

"It would only take more than a week if these students excel in every exam. And I don't think they will, because if they already are skilled in these subjects, they would not have requested for studying here," He replied.

"You're so naive Elias, what if they turn out to be con artists. Those three who were not found in the register of the Ministry..." Persephone commented dryly.

"What are you doing here?" He could not hide the annoyed tone in his voice.

"I was helping out you know, did you forget that you asked me for help," She replied with a hurt tone in her voice. However, it sounded so false, that it was obvious that she was pretending getting hurt from him.

"Elias, the room next to this hall is prepared," Blake cut in and gave Elias the chance to ignore Persephone.

"Thank you, have you opened the gates. The students might be arriving soon and after we greet them we need to go through the orientation program of the day before they start..."

221f2865ea3d740f742b8441747147ed.png

The main gates to the castle was already opened and at eight o'clock with less than the half of the staff awaited the arrival of the students in the Entrance Hall.

They were going to start with the core subjects:

Astronomy - Maximillian Rockwood
Charms - Faeryn Travers
Defense against the dark arts - Claude Selwyn

Herbology - Melody Wilkes
History of Magic - Crystal Thorne
Muggle studies - Gareth Rowle
Potions - Ivan Mulciber
Transfiguration - Flynn Pyrites

Flying was also a core subject and their flying skills would be tested on the school grounds though. Flora Carrow, Natasha Quinn and Amelia Blake were also present.

"Good morning everyone," Elias greeted the four students as soon as they arrived at Hogwarts. "I hope you all are doing well and are well prepared for today and the coming days this week," He smiled and paused momentarily before he introduced the professors that were present. "You have to leave all your belongings outside the exam hall. Professor Quinn and Professor Blake will sit outside the exam hall and guard your personal belongings for you. Materials such as inkwell, quills and parchments will be provided for you. You will also be provided breakfast, lunch and dinner at assigned hours, breakfast now at eight o'clock, lunch at one o'clock and dinner at six o'clock, in a room next to the exam hall. If you need an extra bite of food during the exam, you will be provided with that as well. You are prohibited from leaving the exam hall during the examination unless if you cannot complete any exam and desire to hand in. If you need to visit the restroom during the exam, Professor Rockwood and Professor Selwyn will walk one male student each to the restroom and Professor Travers and Professor Thorne will do the same with the female students. Professor Carrow, professor in Healing and Medicinal magic, is also our healer at this school and will be here if anyone of you suddenly feels sick or exhausted because of the exams during this week. You have one hour per exam and Professor Wilkes will keep the time for you. You may hand in your exam earlier and start with the next and so on. If you need anything during the examination, you have to raise your hand. And lastly, you will have to remain here until you finish all the exams or until Friday ten o'clock evening and are prohibited from leaving the castle during the examination or it will be counted as cheating. Female students will share one chamber together while the male students will share one chamber together during the nights. The chambers are already prepared with one bed per student with a bathroom. One female professor will guide the female students to and from the chamber while a male professor will guide the male students to their chamber, to ensure you do not get lost in the castle during your stay. Any questions so far?"

Luna, who had greeted everyone with an elegant "good morning", had been reading a book on Cooking with Magic. She listened in on the conversation between Elias and the other professors while still pretending to read, then put her book away when he suggested that they greet the new students, following him to the entrance.

Meanwhile...

"...and I've ironed your uniform for a crisp and professional appearance. I suggest that you use a respectful yet icy persona for the exams." Jade held out her towel inches away from her face with a smirk, seeing as Rosaleya had forgotten it in her excitement.

Meanwhile...

"I would have been late." Stephan thanked Nova, sitting up quickly in bed the moment he opened his eyes.

"I told you to get an alarm clock. How will you wake up at Hogwarts? You'll sleep through all of your classes." Nova teased, throwing Stephan's towel on top of his face, along with his uniform. "Dress sharply, now. No untucked shirts or loose ties. It's fashionable, yet also banned from Hogwarts." he sighed. "How tragic."

Eight o'clock...

"Ooohhhh...why does morning even exist?" Athena groaned, yawning after pressing the 'snooze' option on her alarm clock a few too many times. "Jesus's corpse, I'm going to be late!" she cursed, springing out of bed the moment she caught sight of the time.

Meanwhile...

The Masked Man landed just outside the main doors of Hogwarts, not caring whether he was discreet or not. Although, no one saw his elegant entrance. He waited by the front doors, leaning up against one of the castle walls and staring at the bright blue sky, which was streaked with wispy white clouds. He wore his black top hat and usual mask, the discreet wireless headphones that Rosaleya had spotted during their first meeting at Darkest Creatures, and his Hogwarts uniform under his cloak. He intended to wear the cloak until someone questioned it, at which time he would pull it back and reveal his uniform, worn perfectly as the instructions stated. A cloak is not against the rules, is it? A plain black cloak shouldn't give those maggots a reason to trouble me with their words.

Meanwhile...

Crystal and Rosaleya walked through the gates together, having apparated there hand-in-hand.

"That was almost unbearable." Jade complained blandly. "Jumping would've been so much nicer."

"Thank you for helping me get here on time." Rosaleya thanked Crystal.

"No problem." Crystal smiled, still holding her hand as they entered the grounds. She wore her large coat as always, hiding her choice of clothing from disapproving eyes.

"And we had to wait an extra half-hour for you to get up and get ready. What was the point of waking at seven if we are still this close to being late?" Jade used his thumb and index finger to illustrate a 'tiny margin' of space for Crystal, even though she couldn't see him.

Meanwhile, Rosaleya admired the grounds, picturing what a lovely year she would have at Hogwarts. She wore her boy's uniform perfectly, but without the robes since it was warm today, and her rose signet ring. She had also used some of the 'cinnamon roll' lotion that the Masked Man had gifted her, which turned out to be quite potent.

"...on the positive side, you smell wonderful." Jade's mouth watered. "It's like...now I really, really want cinnamon rolls!"

Meanwhile...

"Your portals are great."

"No need to thank me." Nova grinned, putting an arm around Stephan's shoulders as they left the portal and walked through the gates together.

Stephan's appearance was pristine; he wore his uniform as instructed in the rules. Nova donned a professional business suit, and his hair was styled elegantly as always.

Eight o' five...

"I'm _ing late, I'm _ing late..." Athena sang as she ran from the gates to the front doors of Hogwarts.

Her uniform's shirt was untucked and her sleeves were rolled up, revealing multiple black tattoos and her tie was loose. Basically, the only orderly thing about her was her hair, which was styled perfectly like always, but even that was strange because it was a vibrant purple.

Everyone reached the front gates at the same time, except the Masked Man, who had arrived before anyone else.

Tch, Athena looks as useless as ever, in sharp contrast to the princess. The Masked Man thought, looking from Athena's messy appearance and obvious panting to Rosaleya professional appearance and emotionless expression. I saw her running past everyone in an effort to appear more punctual, even though she looks so foolish now.

"Good morning everyone," Elias greeted the four students as soon as they arrived to Hogwarts.

Everyone replied with a greeting in return: Crystal gave a casual greeting, the Masked Man and Rosaleya gave formal ones, Stephan and Athena didn't speak at all, and Nova and Jade gave surprisingly cheerful ones.

"I hope you all are doing well and are well prepared for today and the coming days this week," He smiled and paused momentarily before he introduced the professors that were present.

I've been preparing for long enough...I'm confident that I can excel at anything these fools can offer me. The Masked Man thought as he replied elegantly to the professors' introductions.

A bunch of pretentious idiots. Athena thought boredly.

I won't be able to remember everyone's names. Rosaleya thought.

"I'll take notes." Jade said helpfully. "Wait, you should, since I can't do that here, with all of these people around." he quickly handed Rosaleya and notepad and pencil.

"You have to leave all your belongings outside the exam hall."

Damn it! Athena and Rosaleya thought.

I expected that they would force such a rule onto us. The Masked Man thought.

"...Professor Quinn and Professor Blake will sit outside the exam hall and guard your personal belongings for you. "

"It sounds like important stuff, so take notes on all of these rules, too." Jade advised, patting Rosaleya on the shoulder as she proceeded to write everything that Elias said.

"...Female students will share one chamber together-"

Athena put her arm around Rosaleya's shoulders, whispering "We're going to be roommates, just the two of us." in Rosaleya's ear.

"Stop that." Jade pushed Athena's arm off and took Rosaleya by the shoulders, moving her closer to Crystal and further away from Athena. "Talking over the Headmaster will get Rose in trouble!" he snapped at Athena.

No...that means that I... Stephan looked at the Masked Man with a disdainful gaze. ...please, no...

"...while the male students will share one chamber together during the nights."

*&%$#@$%&! Stephan thought. Alone with him?!

"...Any questions so far?"

Athena, the Masked Man, and Stephan raised their hands.

"Your information is sufficient, and thus I have no questions." Jade replied in an overly-happy voice, with one arm around Rosaleya's shoulders and the other giving Athena a crude hand-gesture.

"Can I take my personal items with me into the dorms at night? I like listening to my music before bed sometimes because it relaxes me and gives me pleasant dreams. Or sometimes I like to read before bed." Athena asked.

I know...but I thought that we would have to give up those 'distractions' for this week. Rosaleya thought.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I require instrumental music as I work, otherwise I cannot silence my distracting thoughts. May I wear earpieces during the written tests?" he asked respectfully. "I can assure you, I am not using them to cheat." it sounded as if he was smiling as he used an innocent tone.

It is not likely that they will allow me to do such a thing. "May I eat alone during the meals?" The Masked Man asked. "I will, of course, be eating within the Hogwarts grounds." he clarified.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I greatly dislike him." he shot the Masked Man a hateful and borderline violent gaze. "Can I not sleep elsewhere? I wouldn't mind sleeping in the dorms once the other boys arrive, but I cannot bare to be alone with...him." he sounded as if he was going to be sick at the thought of it, and he wasn't overreacting or faking it.

What's so wrong with him? Rosaleya thought, looking from Stephan to the Masked Man, to Nova, who didn't look as if he intended to intervene and assist Stephan in his argument.

I can't make them change the plans that they've already made. Stephan will just have to deal with it. Nova thought.

It did not matter if the students had studied or not before the exams. It was the kind of exams that tested the knowledge that had been gained on a long-term time and not on what they had studied for a week or two. There would only be written exams on History of Magic, Muggle Studies and Astronomy, while it would be practical exams on Flying, Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Herbology and Defense against the dark arts and dark arts where students had to demonstrate their skills in magic.

"Of course," Elias replied Athena. "You may take your personal belongings to the chamber and keep them there as long as you are here. It is just to the exam hall you are not allowed to bring anything. Yes?"

"May I eat alone during the meals?" he asked. "I will, of course, be eating within the Hogwarts grounds." the Masked Man clarified.

"Not during the examination. You are not an official student yet. However, if it is because you need to take off your mask during your meals, you may sit alone in the room next to the other room where your peers will be eating. Yes?"

"I greatly dislike him." Stephan shot the Masked Man a hateful and borderline violent gaze. "Can I not sleep elsewhere? I wouldn't mind sleeping in the dorms once the other boys arrive, but I cannot bare to be alone with...him." he sounded as if he was going to be sick at the thought of it, and he wasn't overreacting or faking it.

Merlin's beard...I am dealing with a bunch of immature and weird students here.... Elias thought with a sigh.

"No, you cannot. What if you also end up having to share the same dorm with him and only him or with a bunch of other students whom you also dislike the coming year? This is not a hotel where you get your own room for yourself. You are temporarily staying at a boarding school which can only provide separate chambers for males and females. If you don't have other questions, then let's start with a breakfast! Please follow me and professor Wilkes."

Melody held up the door open to a grand assembly room that was located next to Great Hall. In that room a table for four students was already set. The food was not served yet and would appear as soon as the students took their seats. A smaller room, which actually was a square hall-room with four doors, three of them leading to three different hallways, was located to the assembly room. Elias conjured a table and a chair for the Masked Man so that he could sit in solitude during the meals.

"The food will appear in here, so you just need to take your tray and move over here where you can eat alone," He instructed him.

"Of course," Elias replied Athena. "You may take your personal belongings to the chamber and keep them there as long as you are here. It is just to the exam hall you are not allowed to bring anything."

Wonderful. Rosaleya and Athena thought in relief.

"Not during the examination. You are not an official student yet. However if it is because you need to take off your mask during your meals, you may sit alone in the room next to the other room where your peers will be eating."

Ah, my plan to get Rosaleya to eat alone with me outside backfired. However, I will have plenty of opportunities to dine with her during the school year. The Masked Man thought.

He doesn't have to take off his mask to eat. Rosaleya thought, wondering why the Masked Man had asked that question.

"No, you cannot. What if you also end up to have share the same dorm with him and only him or with a bunch of other students whom you also dislike the coming year? This is not a hotel where you get your own room for yourself. You are temporarily staying at a boarding school which can only provide separate chambers for males and females."

Stephan looked away with a petulant expression. Don't speak to me like I'm stupid; I knew that. But to be alone with him is like torture!

Nova offered Stephan a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. Sorry, you'll have to deal with it. "I will see you later." he said to Stephan before giving a jovial word of parting to the professors. He walked away immediately afterward.

"...If you don't have other questions then let's start with a breakfast! Please follow me and Professor Wilkes."

"I can't wait to see what they eat here." Athena said sarcastically in a low voice that only Rosaleya could hear, once again putting her arm around Rosaleya's shoulders as they followed the professors. Pfft...as if they could serve anything that isn't disgustingly bland compared to demonic cuisine. "I'll get you some real food later, 'kay?"

Jade moved to push Athena's arm off again, but noticed that the professors were watching the students too closely now. "Ah, sorry...it might look suspicious if I do it."

Stephan took Rosaleya's hand, discreetly pulling her away from Athena so that they were walking together instead. "Am I bothering you?" he asked quietly in a polite tone.

"No."

The Masked Man watched their interactions with an annoyed expression. Perhaps I should consider changing my role in this game? I may have taken a more daring approach than I initially intended, and risked appearing arrogant and self-seeking to her. Perhaps I should take a softer approach, limiting my words a bit more and returning to my original tactics from plan 1.

"The food will appear in here, so you just need to take your tray and move over here where you can eat alone," Elias instructed the Masked Man.

"My gratitude, Headmaster." the Masked Man replied elegantly, yet he sounded as if he was smirking as if he didn't take Elias seriously at all. It was a subtle note of humor in his tone, yet it was still noticeable to someone observant like Elias.

He took his seat, removing his hat and mask once his extension assured him that the door was being watched for curious eyes.

Alert me if any students attempt to watch me, or if anyone attempts to speak with me. The Masked Man thought.

"Of course." his extension replied.

He activated an invisibility charm for his earphones, began playing instrumental music, and picked up his knife and fork, intending to eat the minimum amount of bland food and enjoy flavorful souls later, at night.

Meanwhile in the next room, the other three students had taken their seats and begun their meal.

Athena and Stephan were acting like petulant children who were being made to take medicine.

This food isn't bad... Rosaleya thought, tasting it. Athena makes it like it's-

"Maybe she's been eating demonic food and souls for longer than we have, so this stuff is terrible to her." Jade suggested. "Unlike us, who find it wonderful to eat souls and Hell's food, but also don't mind eating human food since we've been sustaining ourselves with that since the beginning."

Yeah. Rosaleya agreed. And Stephan's just had bad experiences with human food...that gross orphanage food must've been terrible for him.

"Indeed." Jade agreed, making a sour face at the thought of it, then shaking his head to banish those vile thoughts.

"Hey, Luna, why don't you go sit outside for a bit and read there? The weather is so nice that it would be a shame not to. Besides, you don't have any exams to supervise for a little while, so you don't really have to be here." Crystal said.

"Do you want me to walk around and get you answers off of everyone else's test sheets?" Jade jested. "Just kidding, I know that we studied so well that there's no way we need to cheat." he said positively.

"What is Kagetane doing?" Jade asked a minute later, laughing at the sight of the Masked Man's humorous display.

Crystal tried to resist laughing as she noticed it as well.

The Masked Man was holding the written tests in his lap and filling them out, while his legs were crossed and resting on top of his desk.

"Should he be sitting that way?" Crystal asked, pointing to the Masked Man while giving Elias a questioning look.

Athena finished first while the others were halfway through their tests, raising her hand.

"I'm done." she replied with a smile when called upon. "But I can't remember what you said to do because I wasn't really listening earlier. I have a short attention span." she sounded genuinely apologetic, and it would've fooled the professors had she not had a mischievous look in her eyes as she spoke. Her lips were also twitching upwards; once again her body and her voice were giving two completely different impressions. Her handwriting was jagged and difficult to read.

Stephan finished next, handing in his papers without a problem. He had looked it over thrice, making sure that there were no errors in his spelling, grammar, or in the answers themselves. He didn't look anyone in the eye, nor did he speak, as he handed them in, yet he showed no signs of disrespect. His handwriting had a rigid feeling to it, as if he was worried that every letter had to be uniform and pristine or else his grade might be affected.

"I know that you're not used to studying or taking tests without music, but don't worry, you're just a bit slower than usual." Jade comforted Rosaleya. "And I'll help you go over this once more...let's see..." he closely examined her answers. "Nope, you're all good." he said after a few minutes. And so, Rosaleya handed her papers in without a problem. Her handwriting was neat and easy to read, and had only a few faults, like sometimes her t's connected if there was a word with two of them, or her o's weren't perfectly round, or there was too much ink on her punctuation marks. On the entire test, she accidentally misspelled two words.

The Masked Man handed in his test right after Rosaleya. His answers were all correct, and his handwriting was spectacular; it had a very relaxed and elegant look to it, as if it came out looking divine without him putting in any effort at all. But there was a strange thing about the Masked Man's written tests...he had included fantastic drawings in any space that didn't have words. And each drawing happened to correspond with the questions surrounding it. For example, a drawing of a black ninja was located beside the test's most difficult question, holding a naginata which pointed to the text. A caption read:

This ninja will protect this question from being marked as 'incorrect'.

Near the questions regarding the planets, he had drawn all seven sailor soldiers, each with a caption labeling it as 'Mercury', 'Venus', and so on.

There were many more eccentric drawings and captions, and sometimes there were only comments beside certain questions, making jokes on wordplay and puns from the text. The most notable comment was next to the constellation 'Sextans', where he underlined the first three letters and drew a character with a mischievous grin nearby.

"Oh?" the Masked Man looked innocently at the papers. "I apologize-" he sounded more mischievous than genuine "-I read the rules and I was not aware that they prohibited putting our best efforts into our written tests. Please show me where this rule exists so that I can remember it for the future. The rules specify a certain dress code-" he pulled back his cloak, revealing his attire which was in pristine condition "-so as you can see, I am following every written rule." he finished innocently, putting his cloak back on. "Is there an updated list of rules that I am perhaps missing? Perhaps my list is outdated." this was a jab at the Headmaster, who was in charge of distributing the rules to the new students.

Athena had her hand pressed firmly to her mouth to avoid laughing out loud. Stephan ignored the Masked Man's display. Jade was laughing loudly while Rosaleya's countenance expressed nothing.

At precisely nine o'clock, Professor Rockwood handed out the exams for Astronomy. Four exam sheets flew out and landed on the tables in front of each students.

"You may begin."

Melody was sitting together with the rest of the professors at an oblong table in front of the students. She noticed how the masked student was sitting inappropriately. She glanced sideways at the headmaster and wondered why he did not say anything. ...And the rest of the professors are silent? And none even told the other student to adjust her clothes? ...She thought, frowning at the situation. ...what a bunch of students have Mr. Shadowwalker accepted to this school? I thought he had some sense when he became the headmaster…but ugh I bet this is all about favoritism. His father is the minister and they both can do as they please...tsk...

"Should he be sitting that way?" Crystal asked, pointing to the Masked Man while giving Elias a questioning look.

"I do not care about him..." Elias whispered to Crystal. "He is a nonchalant student who does not take me seriously, especially from the first day when we all met in our office, and I would not waste my energy on a student who does not respect me as a headmaster. If he had been a serious student who both took this school and us professors seriously then he would not have been sitting like that. This is just a proof that he is a not a serious student...let's see how he good he does in his exams, if he excels in everything, we will get rid of him because we won't need to enroll him. Though if we enrolled him we will just find an opportunity to expel him sooner or later..."

..These two... Elias thought for himself as he looked from miss Lovett to Mr. Dantes. …They remind me of Monroe back in old days…

When miss Lovett raised her hand, Rockwood immediately went over to her.

"Yes?"

"I'm done." she replied with a smile when called upon. "But I can't remember what you said to do because I wasn't really listening earlier. I have a short attention span." she sounded genuinely apologetic, and it would've fooled the professors had she not had a mischievous look in her eyes as she spoke. Her lips were also twitching upwards; once again her body and her voice were giving two completely different impressions. Her handwriting was jagged and difficult to read.

"Of course..." Rockwood sneered at her. "Because I did not utter a word during the speech of the headmaster. Just sit here and wait until I grade your exam. It will take a couple of minutes and you will know if you can continue with the second-year exam…" He smiled while quickly glancing at her exam. ...hoho…looks like she is a failure… He thought for himself as he picked up her exam.

It did not take him long to grade it. Even if the handwriting was difficult to read, he did not give up on going through every answer. Rather than being bothered by her handwriting, he took it lightly and followed each line of sentence with the tip of his magical quill. The quill was a special quill that could detect any error, misspells or wrong answers on the exam and moved by itself freely one centimeter above the parchment. When he was done, he wrote a large F with red ink on the bottom right corner of the parchment and placed it inside an envelope which Elias had prepared in beforehand before the exams. Each envelope was labeled with the name of the students and Rockwood placed the parchment inside the envelope that was meant for miss Lovett. Then he quietly told Elias that this particular student did not pass the first year Astronomy exam.

“Alright,” Elias nodded quietly in response and then turned his attention to Crystal.

“Miss Thorne, you may proceed with your exams and give miss Lovett the first-year exam in History of Magic, please,” He whispered to her.

Meanwhile Rockwood was waiting for the other three students to finish their exams. First, he received the finished exam by Mr. Garnett, and it was graded a straight A. His answers were flawless and perfect. There were no spelling or grammar mistakes at all. The second exam Rockwood graded was by miss Fairbrook and she received a B because of two misspelled words which Rockwood made sure to underline with red ink. When it come to the masked student’s exam, he could not help but smirk at all the interesting drawings beside each answer which was flawlessly written without any grammar or spelling mistakes and which were hundred percent correct. …He sure has some wild imagination that he drew out these sessy ladies for each planet...I must show this for Lloyd... He thought and graded the exam with big A and a smiley on left corner of the exam which was not covered with any drawings. The smiley was a sign that Rockwood enjoyed the naughty drawings and supported Mr. Dantes. After he had placed the exam in the envelope meant for Mr. Dantes, Rockwood handed out the second-year exam to miss Fairbrook, Mr. Garnett and Mr. Dantes.

Faeryn was the only one who had noticed the drawings on exam sheet, and she was shocked to see that Rockwood graded it an A. She was to shocked that she almost become speechless until she finally found her voice and that was when Rockwood had returned to the table after he had handed out the second year exams to the three of the students ”Merlin’s beard, how could you accept a student doodling such scandalous things on an exam sheet?” She burst out and then looked with a frown at Mr. Dantes.

"Oh?" the Masked Man looked innocently at the papers. "I apologize-" he sounded more mischievous than genuine "-I read the rules and I was not aware that they prohibited putting our best efforts into our written tests. Please show me where this rule exists so that I can remember it for the future. The rules specify a certain dress code-" he pulled back his cloak, revealing his attire which was in pristine condition "-so as you can see, I am following every written rule." he finished innocently, putting his cloak back on. "Is there an updated list of rules that I am perhaps missing? Perhaps my list is outdated." this was a jab at the Headmaster, who was in charge of distributing the rules to the new students.

“We don’t have such a rule and the list was updated last month,” Elias replied nonchalantly as if he did not care about whether Mr. Dantes doodled or if miss Lovett did not wear her clothes’ properly. “Rockwood knows how to do his work, miss. Astronomy is not your subject so take your seat and be silent. You are disturbing the students” Elias was not defending Mr. Dantes but rather defending his friend Rockwood.

Faeryn pursed on her lips but did not protest. ..tsk, so I have nothing to say in this, now when the headmaster is a man and most of the professors here are men and his friends...of course they would not mind such doodling from male students, men are just all the same with a same scandalous mindset…pfft...

Rosaleya, Stephan and the masked student would tale the entire day to finish the exams in Astronomy, History of Magic, Muggle Studies. They would start the practical exams the next day, while Athena would already finish History of Magic, Muggle Studies and start with Charms with Professor Faeryn Travers, Defense Against the dark arts with Professor Selwyn Claude, Dark Arts with Luna and finish before lunch the same day. During these practical exams, Athena would be taken out to the grounds where they had placed dummies where she would show her skills in charms and spells, not in the exam hall. After lunch she would demonstrate her flying skills and transfiguration skills on the same outdoor grounds. Professor Flynn Pyrites would be there. After that she would follow professor Melody Wilkes to the greenhouses where she had to demonstrate her skills with the plants for first year students. After that professor Ivan Mulciber would take Athena to the potions' classroom where she had to demonstrate how to make potions for first year’s level. She would be provided recipes because Mulciber thought it is useless to memorize a bunch of numbers and measurements, the point was how to create a perfect potion. Afterwards they would all have dinner and Elias would talk with Athena in the entrance hall while the rest of the students continue their exams.

"I do not care about him.." Elias whispered to Crystal. "He is a nonchalant student who does not take me seriously, especially from the first day when we all met in our office, and I would not waste my energy on a student who does not respect me as a headmaster. If he had been a serious student who both took this school and us professors seriously then he would not have been sitting like that. This is just a proof that he is a not a serious student...let's see how he good he does in his exams, if he excel in everything we will get rid of him because we won't need to enrol him. Though if we enrolled him we will just find an opportunity to expel him sooner or later.."

"Oh...okay." Crystal shrugged nonchalantly, sitting back in her chair. I don't have a problem with it...I just thought that maybe I should speak up for Melody over there, who looks like she wants to complain about a bunch of things right now...Also, I don't think that 'acing the exam' is a good reason to reject his request to attend. Well, if he's serious about that, I'll be sure to speak up, and I'm pretty sure that Luna will side with me on that.

”Miss Thorne, you may proceed with your exams and give miss Lovett the first year exam in History of Magic, please,” He whispered to her.

"Sure." Crystal replied in a whisper, standing and handing out her history test for the first years to Athena. "Here you go." she smiled in a friendly manner. Athena's tattoos...remind me of Aislynn's...not that the actual tattoos look like hers, but just the fact that she has them and she's shamelessly revealing them without worrying about what other people think...

"Thank you." Athena replied with an equally friendly smile. This is Rosaleya's human friend. I can't afford to be on bad terms with her...yet.

"Lovely." the Masked Man sounded as if he was smirking when he was handed his second-year Astronomy exam. He completed his second-year exam in precisely the same way as his first; pristine answers, grammar, and penmanship, and also naughty or humorous drawings and captions beside the answers. Near the most difficult question on this test, he drew a picture of an alluring samurai girl who was using two beautiful swords
To protect this question from being marked as incorrect. the caption read.

Stephan's second-year test results were also consistent with his first.

The only person who performed differently was Rosaleya; this time she didn't spell anything incorrectly. "Year two...we're still doing good." Jade smiled positively. "Nothing we don't know, yet."

When Crystal heard the professors talking about the Masked Man's papers, she asked Faeryn "Hey, could I see those? I wanna know what all the fuss is about." she extended her hand with a curious look in her eyes.

Is he for real? Wait, aren't these Anime characters? Rosaleya really likes these particular characters...something about the planets...they're named after the planets, and they fight to protect the world and stuff... Crystal eventually resorted to giggling at the Masked Man's test, not even reading the answers, but only paying attention to the doodles and captions. She put his papers back into his envelope after checking half of the answers and realizing that they were correct. She was still giggling even as she sat back down. He likes Anime, he's got that 'bad boy' vibe goin' for him, and his work is actually very good...so far. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, he just likes to have fun. And his art is actually really good...I wonder if he's published any manga or stuff like that...the stuff that Rosaleya likes.

The remainder of the Masked Man's tests that day had similar drawings and captions, and all of them were 100% correct with lovely handwriting. Stephan's mannerisms while handing tests in, as well as the quality of his tests, were consistent with his first one. He would ask to use the bathroom once before lunch, and again about an hour after lunch, and both times he would speak concisely and avoid making eye contact with anyone, although he would show absolutely no disrespect toward anyone at all. Rosaleya would get only one or two incorrect answers on the fifth, sixth, and seventh year tests that day, whether those were misspelled words or actually incorrect answers.

On his Muggle Studies exams, he drew pictures of Anime or manga-style characters doing things from his point of view...For example, one question asked about who created the light bulb. A caption explained,
Thomas Edison created the light bulb so that he could put in long hours at night., under a picture of a very handsome Thomas Edison who had an attractive lady by his side, giving him a suggestive glance as he held a perfected light bulb in his hand. An example of a more humorous sketch from his History of Magic test: next to the most difficult question, he drew a witch who was casting a protective barrier around the answer. This witch was using a magical barrier To protect this question from being marked as incorrect.

Athena raised her hand once she had spent a bit of time on her History of Magic test. "I'm done." she said when she was called upon. Once again, she had jagged handwriting and her grade was terrible. It was the same with her Muggle Studies test.

Ah, these are terrible. Crystal thought after grading Athena's exam.

"Now what?" Athena asked innocently once she had handed in her Muggle Studies test.

"Yay, I love charms." she commented in a genuinely happy voice. Finally, something that comes easily to me.

She enjoyed herself during the Charms, DADA, and Dark Arts classes, going all-out while pretending to use her wand to cast the spells.

After she finished with each subject, she thanked the professor who was supervising her with a genuinely happy expression. It was clear that she was having fun. ...especially since I get to be outside on such a nice day. she thought, admiring the grounds and sky. ...I noticed that the other guys got more tests, but I only got one...I think that means I didn't pass, but whatever. As long as I get in by excelling at the more interesting and useful subjects.

"Hey, Rockwood-" Crystal said through laughter that she was trying her hardest to hide "-look at these ones." she handed him the Masked Man's History of Magic tests. She had been giggling while correcting them, and now that she was done she wanted to share them with the other person who found them entertaining.

"So, how're your tests going?" Athena asked Rosaleya while they ate lunch.

"Better than you." Jade replied disapprovingly.

"Fine." Rosaleya replied simply.

She studied so hard, and now she's doing so well on her tests. Stephan and Athena thought, giving Rosaleya an adoring look.

_ I want to shoot this cook...or rather, all of the little cooks that made this meal. Athena thought, taking another bite with the same petulant expression that Stephan was wearing.

"So, you want me to use this stick to fly with?" Athena said under her breath as she took the broom that was offered to her for her Flying test. "Why? Jumping is much better anyway. Good thing I've won bets for flying on brooms before." she rolled her eyes, but her back was turned to the professors so that they didn't see.

"I can hear you." Raven replied disapprovingly. Another demon...but this one has a terrible attitude...I wonder if I can go through her mind and see what she's really here for...

"Stop that." Athena shot Raven an annoyed look, and for one second Raven thought that Athena knew what she was trying to do. "Judging me, I mean." she added innocently, before putting all of her efforts into showing off her flying skills.

"Thank you, professor." Athena said genuinely after the test was over. Yet, there was also an undeniable look of annoyance in her eyes. ....having to deal with an angel as a teacher. Tsk.

She passed her transfiguration tests easily as well. Pretending to use this fake wand while doing such easy things...They must hate seeing their top-level tests aced so easily by someone they don't like; their expressions as they're forced to give me high marks on something I truly find so simple is hilarious! So really, the written tests don't matter.

Rosaleya raised her hand approximately three hours after lunch. "I have to use the restroom." she explained when she was called upon.

"Sure." Crystal replied with a smile.

"Wash your face; it will stop you from feeling tired if you use cold water." Jade advised.

"This place is really big, so at first I kept making wrong turns and it was really frustrating." Crystal laughed as they walked through the halls. "But don't worry; I was able to get it down in a month, but I still will get lost if I visit any places that I don't frequent. There are some parts of the castle that I ignore entirely because they're too hard to navigate. I know it's not the smartest decision, but seriously, there's this one hallway with like....six other hallways branching off in different directions...it was so hilarious when I had to use my emerald to contact Luna for help." she giggled. "I imagine that it took all of her inner strength not to laugh at me...I keep wondering if, after that incident, she went into an isolated room and laughed till her sides were sore. Either way, she's a great friend for helping me out like that without spreading the word."

"Besides that one hallway, you pretty much know this castle, right?" Rosaleya asked, slightly confused. "If there was an emergency, and I called to you for help from one of your less-frequented areas, would you be able to arrive on time?"

"I was joking about my terrible sense of direction; I'm good with stuff like this." Crystal replied seriously. "But the hallway incident with Luna wasn't a joke. Oh, here you go." she gestured to the bathrooms.

"Thanks."

A half-hour after Rosaleya's bathroom break, the Masked Man raised his hand for the same thing.

The Masked Man sounded as if he was smiling when he spoke. "May I give you something that I drew last night? I feel as if we have similar tastes when it comes to..." he pulled a piece of paper from his cloak. It was a well-drawn picture of a manga/Anime-style man and woman engaging in...certain activities...The Masked Man's art style makes everything more alluring.

"...and perhaps I am correct in guessing that you are also the type to keep something like this a secret from the others?" he used an innocent tone. "I do enjoy drawing such artwork, but there are many people in this world who do not share my opinion on it's beauty."

Prince Reign's new princess is a lot like him. I wonder if they're getting along well... Athena thought as she made her second potion. "_!" she cussed when it turned out the wrong way, much like the first one. "At least this one didn't explode." she giggled as the potion emitted a foul smell. "Ugh!" she laughed at how bad it smelled. "Sorry, I'm terrible at this." she didn't sound the least bit apologetic.

"Today was an absolute blast!" Athena laughed during dinner. "Whatever I didn't pass was still fun because I don't really care."

"How can you not care?" Stephan asked. Clearly, he had already grown tired of her excessively long conversations during their meals. Rosaleya hadn't spoken very much during the meals, replying to Athena's questions with as few words as possible while Jade complained freely. Stephan hadn't spoken at all, trying his best to ignore Athena and focus more on Rosaleya. But Athena was just making it too difficult.

"I am only good at the important subjects, that's why." Athena replied, making a sour face as she took another bite of food.

"All of the subjects are important." Stephan argued.

"Nope." Athena replied with a smirk. He looks so cute when he's irritated; it's like I can't take him seriously at all. He's like a puppy.

Stephan took a deep breath and kept eating, ignoring Athena.

"Good evening, Headmaster." Athena said when she was alone with Elias. She greeted him in a professional tone without a trace of anything else. Good evening, you brat. she thought.
I couldn't care less about you, and I can barely take you seriously. Actually, I think that the hardest part of today was not laughing at your prideful face. You think you're 'all that' huh?

Faeryn frowned and quietly yet politely told Crystal to ask Rockwood about it, because Astronomy was not her subject and she had no right to peek into his papers without his permission. Another reason she did not want to touch the envelope was because she felt disgusted of the thought that the envelope contained examination sheets with illustrations that in her point of view seemed to naughty.

It was quiet for a while, but it did not take long until miss Lovett handed in her test in History of Magic and professor Rowle handed her the first year exam in Muggle Studies. After miss Lovett completed her third written exam, Faeryn had to take her out for demonstrating her skills in Charms. Selwyn, Flynn, Melody and Mulciber followed them as well because none of them expected that miss Lovett would excel in Charms and thus, they were prepared for seeing her fail in their subjects as well. However, miss Lovett excelled in Charms, Transfiguration and Defense against dark arts up to year six beyond expectations that Melody thought and hoped that this girl might excel in Herbology. But to Melody’s horror, miss Lovett failed in Herbology. ...Merlin’s beard, I am going to have to deal with this girl in my classes… She thought, already worrying for the coming classes. ...I hope she will not give me so much trouble...despite her appearance....

Mulciber on the other hand was not surprised that miss Lovett failed on creating two basic potions which the first-year students learn. He sneered at her efforts and already told her right at her face that she failed the exam.

Meanwhile, Rockwood shared the astronomy exams which were done by Mr. Dantes with professor Thorne and he enjoyed looking at the ones he did for history of magic. He bit his lower lip and laughed quietly to not disturb the students who were taking their exams. …Good thing that we don’t need to give students their exams back but only hand out the grades…I’m going to show the astronomy part for Lloyd and Lachlan. They’re going to love these...

When it was mid-afternoon, the masked student raised his hand and Rockwood took the opportunity to escort him to the boys’ restroom.

“You’re such a naughty boy,” Rockwood laughed when they were outside the exam hall. “If I was professor in Magic in Art, I would give you an A on all your drawings.”

The Masked Man sounded as if he was smiling when he spoke. "May I give you something that I drew last night? I feel as if we have similar tastes when it comes to..." he pulled a piece of paper from his cloak."...and perhaps I am correct in guessing that you are also the type to keep something like this a secret from the others?" he used an innocent tone. "I do enjoy drawing such artwork, but there are many people in this world who do not share my opinion on its beauty."

”Ahh! Is that the reason you did not leave your personal belongings to the two professors outside the exam hall?” Rockwood smiled, seemingly enjoying the drawing. Even if Rockwood enjoyed the drawing the masked student had made, he was not stupid. “You know that if the other professors, especially the headmaster, had caught you with hiding this under your cloak during the exams, you would immediately get disqualified and blamed for cheating. However, we kept an eye on you and we know that you did not cheat today. However, you have not gained my fully trust so I will be taking all your personal belongings that you are hiding in your pockets and under your clothes. I will return everything to you after all the exams are over tonight! You can trust me that I will not share anything of these with anyone and that I will keep your secret. But if you do not empty your pockets now before you enter the restroom you will not be permitted to continue the rest of the exams today!”

"Good evening, Headmaster." Athena said when she was alone with Elias. She greeted him in a professional tone without a trace of anything else.

”Good evening, miss,” Elias greeted miss Lovett with a sly smile. He gave her the look that said that he knew she was not really serious after how he had observed her during their first meeting before and during the written exams today. “I have both good and bad news for you. I have no doubt that you already know the bad news, so it won’t be a big shock for you, since you went through all the exams today and know how you did. Out of the nine core subjects, you only passed the four following subjects: Flying, Charms, Transfiguration and Defense against the dark arts. But unfortunately, you failed the first year’s exams in Astronomy, History of Magic, Muggle Studies, Herbology and Potions. Therefor you cannot take any exams in the electives or extra-curricular subjects. In order to be allowed to take any classes or exams in any extra-curricular subjects and electives but not alchemy and apparition you must pass every core subject in year one and two. Dark Arts require a pass in every core subject up to year 3. Alchemy and apparition require that you pass every core subject up to year 5. Here’s your envelope with your grades and which classes you need to take when you enroll here. I will see you at September 3rd.” And with the last sentence he meant that she was not allowed to remain at Hogwarts during the pre-examination week and had to leave the moment he handed over the envelope.

Miss Athena Lovett

You have hereby been enrolled into following classes.
Following books and materials listed are mandatory for your education

Astronomy - start year 1 - 1) Collapsible Brass Telescope and 2) Way Out Yonder

Charms - start year 7 - 1) Quintessence: A Quest and 2) The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 7

Defense against dark arts - start year 7 - Confronting the Faceless

Herbology - start year 1 - 1) One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi and 2) Protective Gloves

History of Magic - start year 1 - History of Magic

Muggle of Studies- start year 1 - Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles

Potions - start year 1 - Magical Drafts and Potions, Glass Phials and Pewter Cauldron

Transfiguration - start year 7 - Guide to Advanced Transfiguration

Grades

Astronomy
Year 1 - F

Charms
Year 1 - B
Year 2 - C
Year 3 - C
Year 4 - D
Year 5-OWL-A
Year 6-E
Year 7-Newt-P

Defense against the dark arts
Year 1 - B
Year 2 - B
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5-OWL-E
Year 6-C
Year 7-Newt-P

Flying – A

Herbology
Year 1 - F

History of Magic
Year 1 - F

Muggle of Studies
Year 1 - F

Potions
Year 1 - F

Transfiguration
Year 1 - B
Year 2 - B
Year 3 - C
Year 4 - C
Year 5- OWL-A
Year 6- D
Year 7- Newt-P

Explanation of grades:

Normal Grades - A - F
A - Excellent
B - Very Good
C - Good
D - Satisfactory
E - Sufficient
F - Fail

OWLS and NEWTS Grades:
Passing:
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
Failing:
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

Mr. E. Shadowwalker

"Very well. I appreciate your secrecy, and I understand that you are simple playing your role as a professor in confiscating these." the Masked Man replied calmly; clearly, he had expected Rockwood's reaction. I wanted to share these with you. Thank you for performing as I expected. He handed over many other naughty drawings, each better than the last, and finally his wand. "That is all. You are free to check my pockets yourself if you are not satisfied. " He finished with an innocent 'I'm not hiding anything else' tone. "Oh, and I have these-" he raised his hand, showing Rockwood the two lovely rings that he had on his hand. "-simple accessories, I can assure you." Of course, I brought nothing that I did not absolutely need with me.

"Awww...that's too bad." Athena pouted jokingly; her carefree attitude had returned. "I guess I'll just have to forget about taking Magic in Art." she shrugged with a light-hearted smile. You _ing cockroach...now I won't get to have those sleepovers with Rosaleya...it won't be the same with all of those other filthy humans during the school year, so this was my only chance...I can't get her to let me sleep over at her place because her Dad's a _ and her extension is extremely overprotective! _ you and every other professor here! She thought, not allowing her rage to show in her expression.

She read the contents of the envelope where she stood, not caring if she was supposed to leave immediately and read it later. I'm going to have to go get all of these things on a boring shopping trip now... she sighed, eyeing her personal items ...and I have to take these back with me...after a long day of dealing with _ _ professors and a _ angel! And I can't even say goodbye because Rosaleya's working so hard on her tests that I can't distract her right now. She concentrated hard, using all of her willpower to resist barging into the hall and giving Rosaleya a proper goodbye. A good friend wouldn't do that... She thought as she made to leave. The thing that makes me the most irritated is that Stephan will be eating meals with her three times a day, since Mr. Jerk has already made the mistake of isolating himself during the meals...Other than that, there's no telling that either of them might do to get closer to her while I'm gone...it angers me that they'll be able to make progress with her while I'll be left behind.

"I'm happy that you're doing so well." Crystal smiled, stopping in front of the door.

"Did you doubt my dearest?" Jade asked slyly, embracing Rosaleya as he stood behind her. "Of course she did well."

"Thank you." Rosaleya replied respectfully.

Crystal looked as if she was going to say something more, but Jade quickly opened the door, pushed Rosaleya inside, and closed it on them before she got the chance.

"Goodnight." Crystal said through the door. Ah, she must be tired.

"Goodnight." Rosaleya replied.

"Get to bed, now." Jade instructed. "Well, right after brush your teeth."

"Why did you do that?" Rosaleya asked. "She was going to say something else."

"You think you have time to talk? In a few minutes, you'll become so tired that you won't be able to stand straight. Go!" he steered her in the direction of the bathroom.

Oh, so it's the type of tiredness that comes suddenly and unexpectedly...I've had that before. Good thing Jade can see it coming.

"May I have my items back?" The Masked Man asked calmly as they walked through the castle together. A calm tone that sounds slightly forced, as if I am worried that he has revealed my secret to someone. That is the perfect tone to use in this situation.

"Thank you for keeping them safe." the Masked Man said in an elegant tone that expressed gratitude and also relief that Rockwood had kept his word. "A pleasant night to you, professor." he tipped his hat.

Stephan had remained behind the two during the walk, not making eye contact with either of them and making very little noise as he walked, although he didn't do anything disrespectful.

Stephan lay awake in bed, disturbed by the fact that the Masked Man was sleeping in the same room. It was as if his burning hatred for him kept him from relaxing and sleeping peacefully. He had his back turned to him, so that the Masked Man wouldn't be able to tell that he was still awake, and he was, unintentionally, scowling.

"Is there something on your mind?" the Masked Man asked suddenly. It sounded as if he was genuinely concerned for Stephan's well-being.

Stephan remained silent. There's no way that he knows-

"I know that you're awake."

He's just tricking me...

"I can assure you that it is not a trick."

Stephan sat up suddenly and turned to the Masked Man, his eyes filled with rage and his fists clenched on either side of him.

"Is there something on your mind?" he asked again. Apparently, he was writing something in a journal. How he managed to see in that dim room with the moonlight as his only aid was beyond Stephan.

"Yes. I can't stand breathing the same air as you." Stephan replied.

"My my, what anger you have at this late hour. What, if I might ask, have I done to offend you? I cannot recall doing anything to you personally that would justify such hostility."

Stephan forced himself to lie back down. In his rage, he knew it would be best to continue attempting to ignore the Masked Man. His gentle tone can't be for real...he doesn't mean anything that he's saying.

"If you want, I can give you something to help you get to sleep. I noticed that you didn't bring anything like that."

"I don't want anything from you." Stephan snapped. "Neither does Fairbrook."

"She doesn't?" the Masked Man asked, sounding slightly worried. "Did she tell you that?"

Stephan clenched his jaw and shut his eyes tightly. Just be quiet, just go to sleep...just be quiet, just go to sleep...

"If you're angry, you can tell me. I will apologize for whatever I have done to anger you. After all, I would feel terrible if I caused you to fail your tests tomorrow, all because of a terrible night's sleep.

"Stop it!" Stephan sprang from his bed, and in a second he had grabbed the Masked Man by the collar. "Stop acting so nice to me! You're lying! You'relyingyou'relyingyou'relying! To me, and to Rose! You're pretending to act nice so that you can get what you want because you only care about yourself! It makes my blood boil, that you're allowed to share the same air as Rose! And you don't even know how special she is because it's normal for you to play with people and then throw them away like it's nothing, just like you did with those Muggles the other night."

"Muggles?"

"The innocents that you crucified! How dare you torture innocents when there already aren't enough of them in this world?"

"-Torture them? I did no such thing. I merely collected one-hundred people who had nothing to live for and wanted to commit suicide, killed them quickly, and then used them for decorations on those crosses."

"You wouldn't do that; it's too nice for you. You're lying again! Stop lying to me, and stop lying to Rose!"

"I have not lied to her once."

"Withholding the truth is the same as lying. Admit that you're going to throw her away once you've broken her!" Stephan's hands found his way to the Masked Man's throat, who still wasn't fighting back or making any effort to defend himself.

"Break her? Why would I break her, when I've fallen in love with her?" the Masked Man had an adoring tone in his voice, as if he thought of Rosaleya as the most beautiful being on Earth. "Besides, even if I wanted to, it's against the law to harm another demon. The law explicitly states that that is forbidden; you cannot harm another demon directly or indirectly. Whether it is physically, or psychologically."

"Stop spending time with Rose; I know that that's the only reason you came here."

"Isn't that also you're reason?" the Masked Man asked fairly.

"Forget about her. I don't believe that you even know how to love someone."

"Perhaps I would like to learn."

"Enough!" Stephan punched the Masked Man in his face, just missing his eye and instead punching his temple. "I don't buy the 'redemption story' for a second. Stay away from her or I'll-"

"A demon cannot harm another demon. The same law that prevents you from harming me prevents me from harming Rosaleya. Does that not ease your mind?"

"No, because you're you and you will never change."

"Forgive my selfishness, but I am feeling rather tired at the moment. Would you mind returning to your own bed?"

Stephan swore at the Masked Man while punching him a second time, this time hitting his intended target. "...I hope you get a black eye in the morning." Stephan said bitterly as he lay back down in his bed.

"I hope that you rest well and excel at your tests tomorrow." the Masked Man replied kindly, seemingly unbothered by Stephan's outburst.

"Good morning, princess. In a past life, you told me that you liked sleeping while embracing life-sized plushies. Did I suffice?" Jade asked. He was resting beside her in her bed, running his fingers through her hair. He had held her in a warm embrace all night, and remained alert for any intruders in this unfamiliar new place.

Rosaleya opened her eyes. "Yes...you were just like a life-sized plushie...except you're warm, and you smell better, and you can be trusted to watch over me. You're perfect."

"And you're going to be late if you don't start getting ready now. You've got a half-hour until breakfast." he got out of bed "Don't fall back asleep." he picked her up, placing her in a standing position beside her bed.

"Right." Rosaleya nodded drowsily.

"Good morning, Headmaster." Nova greeted jovially, offering his hand for Elias to shake.

"My son loves these." Nova said, summoning a box of one dozen cinnamon rolls and looking at them happily. "Would you mind if I gave them to him? I feel as if they would really brighten his day."

"Good morning." Stephan expression brightened immediately at the sight of Rosaleya. He was holding a large brown box.

"Good morning." the Masked Man tipped his hat to her as he walked into the room where he would be eating alone.

"Good morning." Rosaleya replied to both of them.

"This is for you." Stephan handed Rosaleya a delicious looking cinnamon roll from the box as soon as they sat down. He was visibly eager for Rosaleya to try it.

"Those are safe, so go ahead." Jade approved, and Rosaleya took the roll from Stephan.

Rosaleya brought the bun up to her nose, and took in the wonderful scent.

"If he had a tail, it would be wagging." Jade observed, picturing Stephan as a puppy. Stephan had his hands on his cheeks as he leaned forward slightly, with his elbows on the table.

"It tastes perfect; it's the best I've ever tasted." Rosaleya said after swallowing the first bite. "What made you think to get these?"

"Yesterday...I don't know what it was...but something about you reminded me of cinnamon rolls. So I really wanted some." Stephan took a bite of one. "Mmmm...it's so nice to have a flavorful breakfast." he was clearly thinking about yesterday's 'awful breakfast'.

That was...the lotion I was wearing yesterday. "How did you know that I would want some as well?"

"Diana said that one of the things that you tasted when you had her drink was 'cinnamon rolls'. "

"How did your tests go so far?" Stephan asked at lunch.

"Fine." Rosaleya replied.

"A freezing charm? No problem, Jade to the rescue! Just raise your wand and speak the incantation, and I'll handle the rest! Levitation charm? Also not a problem! Unlocking charm? Severing charm? Shrinking charm?" Jade spoke quickly as if he was advertising for his own services. "Problems on a broom? Jade will be there to steady your grip and steer properly! Transfiguring a button into a beetle, or a cup into a bird? Easy peasy! Potions not going as expected? Allow me to finish it properly the moment you aren't sure what to do, and get you the best grades on every subject! Can't remember the right things for a plant in Herbology? DADA givin' you trouble? Dark Arts spells too complicated to remember?"

"So, how did you do?" Rosaleya asked with her lips twitching upwards as Jade continued.

"I'm passing." Stephan replied cheerfully.

"Of course, you may. I promised to give your things back as soon as the exams ended today," Rockwood replied and returned the personal belongings to the masked student.

"Thank you for keeping them safe." the Masked Man said in an elegant tone that expressed gratitude and also relief that Rockwood had kept his word. "A pleasant night to you, professor." he tipped his hat.

"Good night. Make sure to leave your personal belongings in the chamber and only bring your wand tomorrow!"

..I’m going to search him through anyway before the first exam starts tomorrow...Playing my role as a professor? He may be creative when it comes to illustrate his answers on written exams, but on the other hand he does not seem to be a serious student. Honestly drawing on every exam sheet, he is actually going too far....If he excel at the other subjects tomorrow, I wonder how far he will reach with the electives and extracurricular subjects...

Good morning," Elias smiled and shook hands with Nova.

"My son loves these." Nova said, summoning a box of one dozen cinnamon rolls and looking at them happily. "Would you mind if I gave them to him? I feel as if they would really brighten his day."

"Of course. He has done excellent so far, so why not treating him with sweets? He sure deserves it."

When the final exam which was Transfiguration for year seven, and the time come for the students to be escorted to their chambers, Flynn did not allow Rosaleya to leave yet. Elias who had been talking with Faeryn, Selwyn, Melody and Mulciber in private, came as soon as Flynn sent him a message through the green emerald attached to his wand.

"May I have a word with you, miss Fairbrook, please," Elias was not really asking, but requiring speaking with her at the instant. They did not go to his office but to the Great Hall, where only professor Flynn Pyrites and professor Thorne were present with them.

"Please let's take a seat," Elias conjured comfortable chairs for themselves so they all could make themselves comfortable. "Today you excelled excellently in both Charms, Herbology, Potions and Transfiguration and Defense against the dark arts and Dark arts. Before the exams I alerted the professors that you may have struggles with performing spells, because at the meeting miss Thorne explained for me that you had difficulties with the spells. However, the professors reported to me that you excelled on all spells and charms and that you even managed wandless and nonverbal magic during the potions and hHrbology exams." He paused for a second before turning his attention towards Flynn: "How did it go with the transfiguration?"

"Beyond expectation. I thought miss Fairbrook was going to fail the first year exam...However, to my surprise she excelled all years exams, even the OWL and NEWT."

"Well…" Elias returned his attention towards Rosaleya and continued: "I am actually happy for you that you excelled in all of your exams in the core subjects. But it has merely been one or two weeks since our meeting and I'd like to hear an explanation from you. Performing spells, charms, wandless and nonverbal magic take years to learn. It does not happen overnight."

..I’m going to have her wand checked to see if she cheated or not...If she was not cheating, then she could have pretended to not know how to perform magic at the meeting. But why? If she already knows magic, what is she doing here? She will probably excel in the subjects she has chosen. Merlin's beard, I can't get Persephone's words out of my head. She thinks these students are con artists...they might only be here to waste my time and give me headache.
...well let's see how far Mr. Dantes, miss Fairbrook and Mr. Garnett reach with the electives and extracurricular subjects tomorrow...we might only need to deal with miss Lovett if these three excel on all the rest of their exams...

"Well..." Elias returned his attention towards Rosaleya and continued: "I am actually happy for you that you excelled in all of your exams in the core subjects. But it has merely been one or two weeks since our meeting and I'd like to hear an explanation from you. Performing spells, charms, wandless and nonverbal magic take years to learn. It does not happen overnight."

Jade whispered in Rosaleya's ear. He was embracing her protectively as he stood behind her, reminding her that he was there to support her during this 'interrogation' as he so bluntly put it.

Rosaleya's expression and posture were very calm; Jade pointed out that a nervous expression or posture would suggest that she was cheating. "...now, repeat after me." Jade finished.

"The Deputy Headmistress here has a brother." Rosaleya began, repeating Jade's speech word-for-word. "And he has an uncle that is well known amongst his friends for giving excellent advice on all matters. I couldn't take the anxiety and embarrassment I felt after August first, tormented by nightmares of humiliatingly terrible test results during this week. So, I went to his uncle for advice. He offered to tutor me by using advanced teaching methods. His methods, combined with the knowledge that I had already obtained through years of home-schooling, allowed me to learn how to easily use advanced magic. His words were so unbelievable to me that I didn't dare tell anyone else, because if I didn't believe it then how could anyone else? I decided that, if I was able to complete the practical tests this week just as he promised, I would explain everything to you. Do you understand why I didn't tell you earlier?"

"Now pause for one second, take a deep breath, and add-" Jade continued.

"And if you think that I'm cheating, I wouldn't do that." Rosaleya had a very direct and genuine look in her eyes. It's not cheating. Jade is helping me. He is an extension of myself, so it's still me doing the work. She thought. "I don't know how to prove it to you that I'm not cheating, because from your perspective I look like a liar."

"Now look away slowly, down at your hands which are so innocently folded in your lap."

"You mean Asmodeus?" Crystal asked before anyone else had the chance to say anything. "Why didn't you tell me that you were being tutored by him?"

"I told you that I was worried about looking like a child in front of everyone here, and even being bullied because I'm old enough to be in the seventh year on every subject, but you told me that I was overreacting." Rosaleya replied, continuing to gaze at her hands. "I was worried that if I told you Asmodeus was tutoring me then you would insist that that's why I'm going to Hogwarts...to learn those things...and that 'everyone has to start somewhere, so I shouldn't be embarrassed' ." she quoted Crystal.

"I agree." Crystal replied. "It's like the housewife that hires a maid to clean, but tidies the house beforehand because she's worried that the maid will think she's a slob. Oh-" Crystal turned apologetically to Elias and Flynn, realizing that they probably weren't understanding half of their conversation. ...and they have no idea who Asmodeus is...this probably sounds so shady to them... "Luna's big brother is an expert at nonverbal and wandless magic because his uncle is an amazing teacher. Most of her brother's friends also know wandless and non-verbal magic because of his uncle. Rosaleya originally chose Hogwarts over his tutoring because she wanted to have the experience of attending, but like she said, the anxiety got to her so she changed her mind...but you still want to attend?" she turned to Rosaleya.

"Yes...because I always wanted to attend a magical boarding school...But my father-"

"-is the overprotective type," Crystal returned her attention to the professors again. She rolled her eyes, meaning 'too overprotective, trust me' "so he never let her go anywhere. Basically, all of these years, she's been acing written tests and devouring textbooks, so all she needed was a teacher to explain how to use that information in a practical sense. Since Asmodeus is such a powerful-" -don't say 'demon', don't say 'demon'- "-well, he's an advanced magic-user, it makes sense that she was able to learn his methods in such a short amount of time. I'm sorry for the confusion; Rosaleya's never been good at explaining things." Crystal finished apologetically. "I'm not the best, either, so you probably still have questions?" she was stating it, clearly expecting someone to ask a question. Her attention was mainly focused on the Headmaster now. "Oh, and a popular method of Asmodeus's pupils is using a fake wand to hide the fact that they are so skilled at wandless magic. They use it for modesty, or to not draw attention to themselves. So if you find anything wrong with Rosaleya's wand, she probably left her real one at home and used a replica in the beginning." Crystal gave Rosaleya a sideways glance, meaning 'it's okay, you can agree with me now'.

Rosaleya agreed. Jade took her wand from her pocket and handed it to Crystal.

They know that I'm not trying to trick them, right? Crystal thought.

I didn't lie about anything...I just told the truth. I couldn't believe that it was possible to actually pass anything besides the written tests...and I did...I'm so happy that I reached this far...and if I had tried to explain it to them.....then...

"It's fine." Jade comforted her. "Keep in mind that they tortured innocent people to death after taking over this school...do you think that a young witch 'withholding information' will make them worry? They're as cold-hearted as you are, don't worry." he kissed her cheek, and rested his head on her shoulder, embracing her.

"...and it's all your fault that she's being interrogated right now! What if her wish to attend Hogwarts is disregarded as another trick to those professors, because you've been playing with them this whole time?" Stephan demanded. "They're just trying to do their jobs and-"

"I'm so sorry to bring this to your attention, but they've killed off innocent people just like I have. And by torture, no less." the Masked Man replied calmly. "Every one of them has done terrible things. For example, that sweet Herbologist that looks like she couldn't harm a fly used a beautifully unique torture method. She-"

"-stop it."

"You don't believe me? You can always ask Nova-"

"-Don't speak his name with your filthy mouth."

"I'm suddenly feeling quite tired again. I hope you sleep well." the Masked Man yawned. "And if Rosaleya does get expelled on my account, I give you my solemn oath that you can do with me what you please, as long as you don't take me life. That statement doesn't limit your creativity, does it?"

"Shut up." Stephan hissed. "I hate you."

"I don't care if everyone hates me." the Masked Man replied, still unbothered by Stephan's words. "I wasn't created in this world to entertain everyone. My only desire is to find something that brings me happiness, and contrary to your insinuations, that 'thing' isn't killing or torture. They bore me, if I'm being honest." Bringing fear to a large amount of people by using corpses as decorations is far more interesting than wasting time harming one person. Most times, it's far better to savor their souls after a swift death. Besides; there are other ways to torture people that don't involve physical harm.

Yeah right. It's all he knows how to do, and all he will ever do.
Stephan thought.
He only knows how to hurt people and look out for his own interests.

Last edited:
…So that uncle of Alastair taught miss Fairbrook all this advanced magic over a week? It sounds unbelievable at first thought. But since she is homeschooled and have practiced magic her entire life, I think he must only have helped her to realize her potential in magic and bring it out to the surface...

”May I have a look?” Elias asked Crystal, nodding towards Rosaleya’s fake wand. “Thank you.”

He held the wand in his hands, looking down at it and touching it gently. “I don't understand you miss Fairbrook....you wanted to enroll here because you never went to a wizarding school but instead was homeschooled. You wanted to enroll here to learn proper magic and get expert on spells. You signed up for classes because you wanted to gain knowledge. And yet you asked someone else to tutor you in magic in beforehand because you want to be perfectionist in magic when you arrive here. This does not make any sense to me. I’m not accusing you for lying or cheating. I understand that he helped you to realize your own potential in magic and be able to bring it up to the surface after so many years of homeschooling. But when you already excel in magic then we won't enroll you here. We only enroll uneducated young witches and wizards. Anyway, do not worry, you still have to take the pre-exams in the electives and extra-curricular subjects you have chosen. You will also have the opportunity to take pre-exams in the other remaining subjects which you did not choose at the meeting we had."

He snapped the fake wand so that it broke in two pieces. He looked at her with the look that said that he did not like students who lied or hid something and that she better be true to herself and everyone rather than hiding with a fake wand and pretended to be using it. Even if wandless and nonverbal magic was rare and hard to master, it was not secret things in the wizarding society. Uagadou was a known wizarding school that taught their students wandless magic after all.

"I don't doubt that you will get top grades in today's exams. However, since I know that you are highly interested in getting enrolled here you will also have the opportunity to learn spells and charms by only using a wand if you so wish. So, if you are interested bring your real wand after lunch tomorrow. You are dismissed."

Rosaleya nodded in reply, the look in her eyes showing that she understood that Elias was saying and was grateful that he hadn't expelled her on the spot.

"I have a suggestion for tomorrow." Jade said once they had returned to their room.

"Did you have to do that?" Flynn asked Elias as soon as they were alone.

"Do what?"

"Break the wand…I mean, even if that wand was fake you might have hurt her feelings.."

"Are you questioning my role as a headmaster?"

"No...I..."

"Good, anyway, you are free for the rest of this week since the exams in transfiguration are over for now. I will see you on Monday the 3rd... have a good night..." And with that Elias walked out from the Great Hall.

...Why is he so heartless and cold towards students…? Flynn thought with a frown.

"Good morning everyone," Elias greeted Edmund, Rosaleya and Stephan when the morning arrived, and they all had gathered in the Entrance Hall before the breakfast. "Congratulations on excelling on the core subjects from year 1 to 7. All your exams have been graded, though you will not receive your grades until we are done with the electives and extra-curricular subjects. We are going to start with the electives today, it will be less or more exams, a mix of written and practical examinations depending on what you have chosen. We are going to start with the following, Dueling with me as your examiner. It is pure practical examination. Then there will be written exams in Arithmancy with professor Blake and Care of magical creature with professor Macnair, practical exams in Cooking with magic with professor Lestrange, a mix of practical and written exams in divination and written exams in Magipsychology with professor Persephone Pyrites, written exams in Study of Ancient Runes with professor August Dolohov and Ancient studies with professor Jugson, a mix of written and practical exams in Magic in art with processor Adela Dolohov, written exams in Postmortem studies with professor Nott, Magical theory with professor Alexis Dolohov, Wizarding law with professor Andrew Dolohov, Wizarding literature with professor Gibbon, a mix of practical and written exams in Healing and Medicinal magic with professor Flora Carrow, written exams in Wizarding economics & Necessities with professor Hestia Carrow. Some of you might finish all of your chosen subjects today..." Here Elias looked at both Stephan and Rosaleya before continuing and looking at Edmund: "…while some of you need at least two or three days to complete these exams. The remaining subjects are Alchemy and Apparition, which requires that you have passed your chosen subjects up to year 5. So, we will see how far you will excel in the aforementioned subjects. Remember that you will only take exams in the electives and extra-curricular subjects you have signed up for. However, you will have the opportunity to take the exams in the other subjects which you did not sign up for if you so desire, but only after you have finished the exams of your chosen subjects. I will see you in the Great Hall after breakfast."

Stephan wasn't making eye contact, but it was evident that he was listening to every word.

Rosaleya and the Masked Man were listening with a respectful countenance and posture, giving the Headmaster their full attention. The former wasn't holding a wand.

"...I will see you in the Great Hall after breakfast."

Rosaleya was eating her food normally. Stephan wore an uncomfortable expression as he ate, as if he was putting his best efforts into not grimacing.

Suddenly, Stephan reached forward, and held Rosaleya's hand with a happy look in his eyes. "Did you sleep well last night?" he asked. "I was worried that their interrogation might've-"

"-I'm fine." Rosaleya replied. 'It didn't bother me at all, so forget about it' her expression said as she tried to pull her hand away.

"What happened to your hand?" Stephan's grip became just a bit more firm; just enough to prevent Rosaleya's from slipping away, and he examined her hand closely.

"Nothing." Rosaleya tried to pull it away again, but Stephan wouldn't let go. Instead of hurting her by gripping her hand more firmly, he used both of his hands to hold her wrist.

"Please tell me how you got these bruises on your hand? Did someone do this to you?" he seemed genuinely concerned.

"Will you let go if I promise to tell you?"

"Yes."

Jade was watching with an interested expression as he stood behind Rosaleya.

"Fine, I'll tell you."

Stephan let go, and his eyes wouldn't leave hers while she explained.

"...so in the end, I couldn't manage to feel remorse. Last night, I felt incredibly angry. But instead of crying, I punched the wall. I know that it wasn't the smartest way to vent my anger, but I wasn't thinking clearly. And now, whenever I move my hand like this-" she made to grip something, and winced "-it hurts."

"Why don't you just wish for Nova to heal it?"

"I don't want him to know why it got that way in the first place."

"Why don't you heal it yourself?"

"I get angry again when I try to concentrate on healing it, which breaks my concentration."

"Why don't you visit the infirmary here?"

"Again, I would have to offer an explanation as to why it got like that."

"Why were you angry last night? Because you can't feel remorse? Why don't you just wish for Nova to fix that?"

"I wasn't angry that I couldn't feel remorse...I was, and still am, angry that I don't want to make the wish to Nova to give me back my 'remorse'. I'm angry that I don't want it fixed. Does that make sense?" And Jade flat-out refused to heal my hand. He wants me to feel this pain for a few days until it heals, like a physical reminder to stop worrying about this problem I have.

"Yes." Stephan replied quietly, looking down at his almost empty plate with a downhearted expression.

"I'm telling you the truth so that you can judge me for yourself. I'm not going to hide it from you so that you can find out about this through someone else, or from me later on, and get hurt later." After all, I don't want to hurt Stephan. Instead of not knowing, he should leave me now if he doesn't like the truth.

"Secrets are too tiresome to keep up anyway." Jade added quietly.

Stephan didn't reply, or look at Rosaleya, for a full minute. Then suddenly he grabbed Rosaleya's wrist, healed her hand, and walked out of the room, all with an unreadable expression.

He didn't make eye contact with me after I spoke... Rosaleya followed him since she was done as well.

"Option number one: He's thinking about it." Jade said in a cheerful, game show-host voice "Option number two: He's lost interest. Which one'll it be, ladies and gentlemen? What about you, young lady, which will you choose?" Jade placed an imaginary microphone under Rosaleya's mouth. "Well, speak up, the audience is waiting."

Rosaleya was wearing a blank expression. She was getting better at ignoring Jade in public so that it wasn't obvious that she was talking to someone else. Which one would I choose? I choose number one for now.

"A good choice." Jade applauded. "Good thing we haven't let anyone move out of the 'friend-zone' yet."

Much better than letting my heart get involved. Looking at everyone as a 'friend' is much better. Rosaleya thought in agreement.

"Just you and me against the entire world!" Jade said dramatically, with both of his arms stretched wide; the large space created by his hands indicated 'the world'.

I wonder if the Headmaster really loved the Deputy Headmistress when she shared a dark secret with him. Stephan wondered as he went through his Duelling test. He looks like a very prideful and elegant man...and she looks to be the same...Nova said that the King would only let his sister marry someone who accepted her as she was...so this man must accept her, both her positive, and negative traits...the King said that they were happy together. Stephan had similar thoughts during the entirety of his Duelling test.

"Headmaster?" Stephan asked when he finished the test. This was the first time that he had looked into the Headmaster's eyes. He had a very respectful look in his eyes, and a subtle look of admiration. "I would like to converse with you later, whenever you have the time, about something that is very important to me, but it is not related to schoolwork." he had the look in his eyes that explained it was a personal matter that only the Headmaster would understand, so he wanted to speak with him about it alone. "I cannot speak with my father about it." Despite his calm and direct persona, he was wringing his hands.

When it was the Masked Man's turn for the Duelling test, he deftly passed the first six tests, perfectly mixing offensive and defensive spells. As soon as he started the seventh-year test, he suddenly stopped his offensive spells and concentrated only on his defensive spells. It looked as if he was a completely different person now; he even left an obvious weak spot wide open, and the moment he failed to dodge a spell, he stopped trying to do anything at all, as if he was simply giving up. "Well, I suppose that's it, then." the Masked Man shrugged casually.

Rosaleya duelled with an emotionless expression. Jade did 65% of the work, commentating dramatically as he did so. Once they passed the sixth year test, Jade stopped helping her, and Rosaleya failed almost immediately after starting.

This girl- Luna thought while she watched Rosaleya cooking; she was working on her 'third year' test now. -is an expert at wandless magic. She isn't even speaking or paying attention to the spell's she's casting...and her emotionless expression; she isn't even showing any deep concentration or nerves; just like it's normal.

"Ugh, this definitely needs salt." Jade commented after tasting it. "And a bit of white pepper to give it more spice." He added in more of the aforementioned seasonings while Rosaleya rinsed the cilantro to add as a topping. "Ah, now it's perfect. Here, give it a taste." Jade took a spoonful of the soup, blew on it, and then held it in front of Rosaleya's mouth.

"Mmmhmm." Rosaleya nodded.

"Perfect, right?" Jade laughed. "We make an excellent team! I'll find a bowl for this...."

And once in a while, she'll talk out loud to herself...It's not such a strange thing, since I sometimes speak to myself as well. But this girl's really on a different level from the students I've taught thus far.

This young man...has been humming the entire time. Luna thought, having watched Edmund Dantes complete five tests in a very elegant fashion. He reminded her of her brother, who nearly danced as he prepared a meal, yet remained so elegant and still managed to make the meal wonderfully as well.

"How have I have fared?" the Masked Man asked, handing Luna a fork. His voice wasn't overly prideful, yet he was clearly quite confident in his creation.

This boy's movements...are very rigid...almost like a robot. Is he worried that he will fail if he doesn't relax? Luna wondered while watching Stephan.

There was a look of deep concentration on his face as he completed his tests. His movements were fast, and he almost burnt or spilt multiple things, before suddenly realizing what was going on and correcting the mistake before it ruined the meal. Although his performance was strange, he managed to pass the first six tests with delicious results.

This woman is the one who was with Vincent that day! Rosaleya realized during the Magic in Art test. After she had finished all of her tests she politely asked. "Professor, may I have your name, please? I feel as if I've seen you somewhere before but I can't quite remember...maybe your name will refresh my memory?" Vincent you _ _ Oujidere! I want to know the name of your new toy. That _ is probably gonna pull the same _ with her as he did with me...but maybe he's being more patient now.

Stephan and Rosaleya hadn't spoken at all during lunch, and now they were sitting through a very quiet dinner.

"Still choosing option number one?" Jade asked.

Yes. Rosaleya thought. He could still be thinking about it. That's probably why he's quiet.

I'll speak with the Headmaster about it.
Stephan thought. He's had experience...with a woman who isn't perfect and cannot empathize with others...if what Nova says is true.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh, this is soooooooo boring." Athena complained while trying to study for her Muggle Studies class. "And I'm so _ tired." she groaned.

"Ms, that is the second outburst in the last ten minutes. If you do not keep the noise down, we will have to ask you to leave." the librarian said in an obviously annoyed tone.

"Sorry." Athena hissed. She had been ignoring the annoyed looks and grunts from the other people visiting the library.

"Headmaster?" Stephan asked when he finished the test.

"Yes?" Elias replied, surprised by the look in the eyes of Mr. Garnett. ...He is so different from miss Lovett....

"I would like to converse with you later, whenever you have the time, about something that is very important to me, but it is not related to schoolwork." he had the look in his eyes that explained it was a personal matter that only the Headmaster would understand, so he wanted to speak with him about it alone. "I cannot speak with my father about it." Despite his calm and direct persona, he was wringing his hands.

"I understand..." Elias looked into his eyes and then looked down at his hands, seeing how he was wringing them. "We may talk after all the exams are over for you and I have given you your final grades. You have not signed up to all of the electives and extra-curricular subjects, so it won't take long, unless if you have changed your mind and would like to try the other subjects as well. Good luck on the cooking with magic exams!"

...Hmm...I wonder what's so important he has to discuss with me aside from the examinations and school…? He thought, feeling clueless about Mr. Garnet's sudden approach and request.

"Professor, may I have your name, please? I feel as if I've seen you somewhere before, but I can't quite remember...maybe your name will refresh my memory?"

Adela looked at miss Fairbrook, feeling slight surprised by her words as she picked up the last exams to grade them. She was speechless for a moment that when she was looking at her, she also felt she had seen her somewhere because she recognized her face.

"Ah....it must have been in that clothing store in Knockturn Alley," She suddenly remembered and smiled. "You were the girl behind the cashier, weren't you? The headmaster introduced me and the other professors just before breakfast today, I am professor Adela Dolohov. Anyway, if you excuse me please, it is lunch and I need to grade these last exams. Best of the luck to you on your next exams!" She kindly told Rosaleya and left.

...Hmm...I cannot recall that I have ever exchanged names with this girl before. I only saw her once in that clothing store and now during the exams...oh well... Adela thought, feeling confused.

"Hey." Athena stopped Stephan the day before their Pre-Exams started. "I want to make a bet with you."

"A bet? With you?" Stephan asked. His tone, although quiet, reflected the annoyance he felt in Athena's presence.

"Yes." Athena laughed in response to Stephan's disrespectful glare. "Listen, you're pretty confident that you'll outdo me during the Pre-Exams, right?"

Stephan remained quiet; his silence indicating a 'yes'.

"Okay, listen; whoever gets the lowest scores has to study their least favorite subject for the rest of the week, even if they don't have a class in that subject."

"And the winner?"

"Is saved from having Rosaleya stolen away during an activity for a whole month, starting September third."

"...No loopholes?"

"No loopholes." Athena promised genuinely.

Athena groaned while studying Muggle Studies textbooks in the library on Thursday. A double loss...I have to study, and I can't steal Rosaleya away from Stephan for a whole month starting September third...I was confident that I would do better than him...and I'll admit I forgot about our bet until I got back home...Maybe I should've tried harder to study...before the exams...

He's been quiet during breakfast, lunch, and now dinner...Should I assume that he's stopped thinking about it and just decided to ignore me from now on? Rosaleya wondered, during Thursday's dinner.

"Not yet." Jade replied. "Wait a bit longer."

It's almost time... Stephan thought. It's so hard to ignore her...It's as if any moment I'm going to start talking to her again...I really want to...but...she's....It's okay, it's almost time to speak with the Headmaster.

"I would like to speak to both of you, please," Elias announced to both Rosaleya and Stephan just an hour after they when they had finished their last exam. It was ten o'clock nighttime and Avery escorted the masked student to the chamber, being too cheerful with this particular student. …Merlin's beard, that mysterious student has managed not only to charm Maximillian, but also Lachlan and Lloyd because of his to naughty drawings on the exam sheets...Elias thought with a frown.

"I have some good news for you both," He began as soon as they were alone in the Entrance Hall. "You have both been enrolled to the seventh year at Hogwarts. You will take seven subjects, which are the ones you signed up for. Since you did not sign up for all electives and extracurricular subjects, you won't take any exams or classes in the other subjects. You may take the exams at the end of the school year if you change your mind and desire to take more classes. I will remind you about this when the time come. Here's your envelopes with grades and information about what you need for your school year." He gave one envelope to Rosaleya and one to Stephan. "I will see you at September 3rd," He said while looking into Rosaleya's eyes, meaning that she should leave the castle. "And you, Mr. Garnet wished to discuss something with me, didn't you? Let's go to my office!" And with that he put his hand on Stephan's right shoulder and turned him around in the direction to his office.

As soon as Elias had closed the doors to his office, he offered a seat in front of his desk to Stephan while he took the seat behind his desk.

"So, what's weighing your mind and soul that you absolutely cannot speak with your father about?"

Miss Rosaleya Macabre Fairbrook

Dark Arts - start year 7 - Curses and Counter-Curses

Dueling - start year 7

Cooking With Magic - start year 7

Healing and Medicinal Magic - start year 7 - Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions

Wizarding Literature - start year 7- Books: More than Paperweights Year 7

MagiPsychology - start year 7 - 1) Dangerous Minds

Wizarding Economics and Necessities - start year 7 - Wizarding Economics and Necessities Year 7

Magic In Art - start year 7 - Sketching Quill

Grades

Astronomy
Year 1 - B
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5-OWL-E
Year 6 - B
Year 7 -Newt-E

Charms
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT – O

Dark Arts
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT – D

Flying - A

Herbology
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

History of Magic
Year 1 - A
Year 2 -A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Muggle of Studies
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - A
Year 5- OWL-E
Year 6- B
Year 7- Newt-E

Potions
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - OWL - O

Transfiguration
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Dueling
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Cooking with magic
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 – OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 – NEWT - T

Healing and Medicinal Magic
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Wizarding Literature
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

MagiPsychology
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

Wizarding Economics and Necessities
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

Magic in Art
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - B
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - F

Apparition
Year 6 - A

Explanation of grades:

Normal Grades - A - F
A - Excellent
B - Very Good
C - Good
D - Satisfactory
E - Sufficient
F - Fail

OWLS and NEWTS Grades:
Passing:
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
Failing:
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

Mr. Stephan Garnett

Dueling - start year 7

Cooking With Magic - start year 7

Healing and Medicinal Magic - start year 7 - Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions

Wizarding Literature - start year 7- Books: More than Paperweights Year 7

MagiPsychology - start year 7 - 1) Dangerous Minds

Wizarding Economics and Necessities - start year 7 - Wizarding Economics and Necessities Year 7

Magic In Art - start year 7 - Sketching Quill

Grades

Astronomy
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5-OWL-O
Year 6-A
Year 7-Newt-O

Charms
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT – O

Dark Arts
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT – P

Flying - A

Herbology
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

History of Magic
Year 1 - A
Year 2 -A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Muggle of Studies
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5-OWL-O
Year 6-A
Year 7-Newt-O

Potions
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Transfiguration
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - A

Dueling
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

Cooking with magic
Year 3 -A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 – OWL- O
Year 6 - C
Year 7 – NEWT - T

Year 3 - A
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Wizarding Literature
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

MagiPsychology
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Magic in Art
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - B
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - F

Apparition
Year 6 - A

Explanation of grades:

Normal Grades - A - F
A - Excellent
B - Very Good
C - Good
D - Satisfactory
E - Sufficient
F - Fail

OWLS and NEWTS Grades:
Passing:
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
Failing:
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

Mr. E. Shadowwalker

The Masked Man tipped his hat to the professor before parting. What a delight...to see another cheerful professor... he smiled under his mask, seeming to know the reason for the professor's jovial mood.

"I have some good news for you both," He began as soon as they were alone in the Entrance Hall.

"We won the lottery?" Jade suggested. "It's about time."

"You have both been enrolled to the seventh year at Hogwarts."

"Close enough." Jade laughed.

"...Here's your envelopes with grades and information about what you need for your school year."

Jade took the one that Elias intended for Rosaleya, and Stephan took his while making eye contact; he wore a very respectful countenance.

"I will see you at September 3rd," He said while looking into Rosaleya's eyes, meaning that she should leave the castle.

"I understand." Rosaleya nodded once, meeting his gaze with a respectful and calm one.

"And you, Mr. Garnet wished to discuss something with me, didn't you?"

"Yes." Stephan replied. Someone who can help...hopefully...

"Let's go to my office!" And with that he put his hand on Stephan's right shoulder and turned him around in the direction to his office.

As soon as Elias had closed the doors to his office, he offered a seat in front of his desk to Stephan while he took the seat behind his desk.

Stephan sat down with his back straight and his hands at either side of him, gripping the chair's edge.

"So what's weighing your mind and soul that you absolutely cannot speak with your father about?"

"I've become enamored with a woman who I thought was the quintessential lady. . . my princess from a fairy-tale that was blessed enough to become a reality." Stephan described with a faraway gaze, as if picturing her brought him such joy. "But Ms. Fairbrook..." he looked directly into the Headmaster's eyes "...cannot feel empathy. She didn't attempt to deceive me by withholding this information about herself, on the contrary, she offered it up of her own free will. She told me that if I was to continue revering her, I must accept the truth without judging her harshly. I cannot decide what to do...I cannot speak to my father about this, as he has no experience with relationships, preferring to stay away from them because they 'are too much trouble' " he quoted Nova. And the Headmaster's most likely guessing, 'how can Nova not have experience when he has you? I'll explain... "...my father adopted me from a terrible orphanage...the boys there would always bully me cruelly...not just normal, light bullying..." he thought of some examples "...cutting my hair in an uneven and ugly way in my sleep, or tying me up during mealtimes so that I wouldn't eat...They would steal and break my belongings...I couldn't run away because I had nowhere to go...and the people that adopted me were even worse..." Stephan shuddered as memories came flooding back into his mind's eye, and he gripped the edges of the chair a bit too firmly, so his knuckles turned white "...some months it felt like God himself was a sadist who enjoyed watching me suffer...I thought that, if these horrid, revolting people were able to feel empathy, then they would not act so heartlessly. I started to hate everyone because I thought that there were no longer any beings who could feel empathy at all. Then, one day, as I was running away from the worst house yet-I won't go into details-" Stephan shuddered again, shutting his eyes tightly for a second "-I came across some children trying to bludgeon alley cats with a baseball bat. Those cats, at the time, reminded me of myself, so I wanted, more than anything, to protect them. I told the boys that animal cruelty was wrong, and that it sickened me. They, of course, turned on me. At the time, I didn't know any magic, and they were older and larger than I, hence I was outnumbered. But in that moment of hopelessness, I was rescued by my beloved. She opened her window, on the second floor, and threatened that she would inform her father of the delinquents' presence. I took my opportunity to run away, and the boys did so as well. I know that it wasn't the most heroic thing that she could've done, but to me, who thought that there wasn't a kind soul left on Earth...it was stunning. I didn't see her for a while after that, as I didn't get the opportunity to run away again...but during my darker moments, I would think of her. A year later, after I was finally lucky to be adopted by Nova-" I made the wish to 'take care of' all those _ at that _ orphanage "-I saw her again. At first, I had the overwhelming urge to embrace her and thank her....but I realized that she has most likely forgotten that time, and hence she cannot comprehend how much she means to me...Eventually, we became close friends, and she told me about her lack of empathy. I was confused at first. 'How can she lack empathy if she saved me that time?' I thought. Then I realized that, she must have had a different reason than 'kindness' for saving me." his expression explained that he hadn't quite figured out what that 'other reason' was, but he was deeply hurt by the idea that his beloved might be as heartless as the other people he had encountered during his earlier years. "My father is friends with the Deputy Headmistress's brother. Father told me that her brother was overjoyed when you proposed to her because you were the first to fully accept her without harsh judgement or ulterior motives. After meeting you, I cannot help but feel a deep respect for you, as I perceive you to be an elegant, well-spoken and self-respecting gentleman. My father's friend explained that, in the beginning, there were many times when it looked as if you two were going to remain apart forever, but you were able to overcome every obstacle through your genuine love...I thought that, if there was anyone who could possibly give me honest and trustworthy advice on my problem...then it would be you. Surely, my problems pale in comparison to the ones that you've faced." Stephan was being honest, not simply flattering the professor.

Stephan had followed Rosaleya around a bit, watching her from a distance. When she was cleaning Nova's home, and sometimes when she was shopping in the Demon Realm .

Rosaleya did remember the incident with the bat , but she didn't recognize Stephan from that time.

"Too bad we have to leave now." Jade looked back at the castle melodramatically as they walked to the gates "The good thing is, we will be back so soon that we won't miss it too much." Jade said, abruptly switching to a more cheerful tone. Rosaleya nodded in agreement.

Crystal was escorting her back home, giving her a genuine stream of positive remarks on her performance during the Pre-Exams. "...looks like your studying really paid off. You were amazing!" she smiled.

"Thank you."

"What's up? 'Ya tired or somethin'?"

"Yes...I'm going to bed early tonight." Rosaleya replied, looking down at her hands.

"I would carry you home, but she doesn't seem to understand that you can manage to get from place to place on your own quite yet." Jade remarked.

"It's about time that you got home, huh?" Crystal said, noticing that Rosaleya had finished getting her things together. "I'll meet you in the Entrance Hall. You can count on me to get you home safe and sound." she winked, turning to leave.

"I can get home on my own. Don't worry ab-"

"No no...it's late, and you've been working all day at those tiring tests. I insist." Crystal waved her hand as if there was no question about it.

"Really-" Rosaleya tried again.

Three minutes later

"-so I'll see you in the Entrance Hall." Crystal smiled, leaving the room.

Jade made a strange noise; it started out as an over-dramatic sigh, and ended up as an obnoxiously loud groan.

Elias tried his best to keep his face straight and refrained from rolling his eyes, yet he slightly frowned as he listened to Stephan's story. …So, this young man here knows about me and Luna more than I expected, apparently because of Alastair being to talkative and speaks about everything from a to z. And this young man is traumatized of being bullied and is worried that miss Fairbrook will turn him down if he asks her out....and he wants my advice regarding this matter…well...

"If you are meant to be, then you will be together. If you truly love Ms. Fairbrook for who she is then it means you accept everything about her and her flaws. However, just because you love her and is willing to accept everything about her, it does not mean that she will return your feelings. On the other hand, I do not discourage you to confess to her. It is normal that young witches and wizards starts to date here at Hogwarts. One of my friends met his wife here and he was around your age during that time, about sixteen. So do not wait too long, confess to miss Fairbrook and ask her out. However, keep this in mind, that whatever her answer is, if she declines you, you should accept that. Accepting one no from her, is the greatest thing you can do as a man. It means that you respect and accept her for whatever choices she makes. When you show her your acceptance and respect as a man, she might perhaps change her mind about you later and come back to you. I say perhaps, because I don't know her personally. Perhaps her father has betrothed her to someone else or perhaps another young man like you might have confessed to her. So, I cannot give you further advice on this matter. It is up to you to confess to her, and to accept and respect her and be happy for her whatever decision she takes. Anyway, besides this, I am wondering...do you feel worried about getting bullied here when school starts?"

"If you are meant to be, then you will be together."

Generic advice? Stephan thought skeptically, although his expression did not show his initial disappointment. Oh, it looks as if he's going to say more...

"If you truly love Miss Fairbrook for who she is then it means you accept everything about her and her flaws."

Her...and her flaws...so then, he's saying that it's okay? It's okay to love her? He thought hopefully.

"However, just because you love her and is willing to accept everything about her, it does not mean that she will return your feelings. On the other hand I do not discourage you to confess to her."

So, I should tell her how I feel.

"It is normal that young witches and wizards start to date here at Hogwarts."

Oh, right, he still thinks I'm...

"One of my friends met his wife here and he was around your age during that time, about sixteen. So do not wait too long, confess to Miss Fairbrook and ask her out. However, keep this in mind, that whatever her answer is, if she declines you, you should accept that. Accepting a no from her, is the greatest thing you can do as a man. It means that you respect and accept her for whatever choices she makes. When you show her your acceptance and respect as a man, she might perhaps change her mind about you later and come back to you."

He's speaking from experience? Stephan thought sarcastically. This guy didn't take no for an answer.

"I say perhaps, because I don't know her personally. Perhaps her father has betrothed her to someone else-"

I would kill him...oh, if she didn't love him, that is.

"-or perhaps another young man like you might have confessed to her."

Stephan's mind wandered to the Masked Man confessing to Rosaleya. Even if he does, and she accepts him, he won't make her happy. I will remain her best friend, to be there for her when he fails. She'll realize how terrible he is, and when she does, I'll give her some time to recover, as I help her with whatever she needs. Then, she will realize that, all along, I genuinely loved her. So, it's okay if he confesses and wins her over first.

"So I cannot give you further advice on this matter. It is up to you to confess to her, and to accept and respect her and be happy for her whatever decision she takes."

You're telling me to do the exact opposite of what you did.

"Anyway, besides this, I am wondering...do you feel worried about getting bullied here when school starts?"

"No-" Stephan replied with a firm look in his eyes.

"Pffft...An A+ student with handsome features and a fierce look in his eyes? You'll be so popular that you won't get bullied." Diana insisted. "You'll be the one that everyone kisses up to so that they can share a bit of your spotlight. The girls'll be fighting over you, trying to slip Amortentia into your drinks and persistently writing you love letters."

Stephan wore a skeptical expression. I'm not interested in anyone except for-

"If you have any problems, just wish them away." Nova assured Stephan, ignoring Diana.

Stephan was visibly satisfied with Nova's suggestion.

"Well, there's always that." Diana shrugged.

"-because you're doing such an excellent job of running the school." There was no doubt in his eyes; he was certain that Elias and Luna were doing a perfect job of running the school.

After a short pause, Stephan continued "That is all I wished to speak with you about. May I please be excused?" he asked politely. 'I don't want to take up any more of your time' his expression explained.

"Thank you for your advice." he said as he stood from his chair. He bid the Headmaster goodbye, and was about to leave when he suddenly stopped in his tracks, as if he had forgotten something. "May I...accept that you will not share this information with anyone else?" he asked, giving Elias a sideways glance with a fierceness in his eyes. It was obvious that his harsh gaze was unintentional; it was understandable why he was worried about confidentiality with the topics they had discussed.

"That's a relief..."

"That is all I wished to speak with you about. May I please be excused?" Stephan asked politely. 'I don't want to take up any more of your time' his expression explained.

"Of course," Elias nodded.

"Thank you for your advice." he said as he stood from his chair. He bid the Headmaster goodbye and was about to leave when he suddenly stopped in his tracks, as if he had forgotten something. "May I... accept that you will not share this information with anyone else?" he asked, giving Elias a sideways glance with a fierceness in his eyes. It was obvious that his harsh gaze was unintentional; it was understandable why he was worried about confidentiality with the topics they had discussed.

"Of course. Whatever we have discussed about in my office is a secret. As a headmaster I promise any student and professor, who desire to speak about private matters with me, professional secrecy. And so, I promise you," Elias replied, coming up closer to Stephan. "And.." He put his left hand on his left shoulder, forcing him to turn around so that he faced him and looked down at him. "…my final advice to you, is to control your gaze and relax when speaking to someone. Staring so harshly and fiercely won't resolve anything. You just gave away your worried feelings in one glance and some may take advantages of that as your weakness...." And with that he let go of his grip. "Well...I will see you on September the 3rd. Have a good evening."

It was just after lunch when August requested to speak with Elias in private.

"So, you are proud about yourself being a headmaster?!" He said with a surprising calm yet cold voice as he almost threw the envelope containing the graded examination sheets on the desk in front of Elias.

"What is your problem?" Elias asked calmly, feeling slightly confused. "Please take a seat-"

"My problem? I guess my problem is that someone like you is the headmaster of this school. Why don't you take a look at the exams inside the envelope? My answer to your question is there."

Elias still feeling confused about the situation yet slightly mad at how August had approached him, opened the envelope and took out the examination sheets. It was the exams in Study of Ancient Runes that the masked student had taken. First, he looked at the first exam, feeling totally clueless when his eyes suddenly fell on some odd and very naughty drawings in the marginals.

"Well, there's nothing I can do-"

"I knew it! You are a useless piece of @#%&!" August sneered.

"Mind your tongue, Dolohov!" Elias snapped. "Now listen carefully! I know that you still don't like the rules and wish to change them to the better, but as a headmaster I know what's the best for us and the students and this school. First of all, it is useless to enforce too many written rules on the students. If we start to forbid students from this and that, they will become more ruthless. Second, how students behave goes all back to their parents. We are not their parents. Third, as long the students do not cause harm to each other, to us, to this place, the wizarding and muggle worlds, I do not care about their interests. If you do not like a student doodling on the exams or homework for your subject, that's your opinion and you may give whatever grade you think the student deserve for his or her work or even fail the student if you deem it to be necessary. If you do not have anything else to complain about, you are dismissed."

August remained silent, hating the fact that Elias was right and felt angrier with himself than with Elias because he had to swallow his pride and accept his words. He turned on his heels and walked towards the doors. As soon as he took hold of the door handle, Elias spoke once again:

"Before you leave, heed my warning: you won't be long lasting here if you cannot respect me as a headmaster..."

August turned around and bowed on his head. "I apologize about my earlier rude behavior, I got carried away, allowing my feelings getting in the way…" And then he left, closing the doors calmly behind him.

...He is not only the superior in the team, but also a @#&% headmaster... August thought. I don't understand how he could accept such kind of people to enter Hogwarts..."

Later that day when all the examinations had been completed, Elias stood in the entrance hall with the envelope for Edmund Dantes in his hand.

"Congratulations for enrolling into the seventh year here at Hogwarts," He announced to the masked student. "Before I give you your envelope with your grades and information about what you need for your seventh year, I need to tell you that I received several complaints from a couple of professors regarding your demeanor during the exams and how you performed the tests. You are of course free to do as you like. I would never forbid students because they have certain interests, as long as it does not harm anyone, but on the other hand I cannot force all the professors to enjoy your interests as well...Do you understand?"

August had not been the only one complaining. The others who had held written exams and also complained were Endewyne, Blake, Persephone, Mary Jane Gibbon, Hestia Carrow. Andrew Dolohov on the other hand had enjoyed the drawings on the exams of his subject. Alexis had gotten nosebleed and been nervous during the grading. He had been unsure how to react to the naughty drawings and gave grades based on the answers. And Adela wanted to complain, but she did not have the courage because it was Magic in Art after all, the exams had mostly been about to create art, draw and paint and there had been some questions about history in art so she had been suffering like Alexis. The rest of the professors who had held pure practical examinations did not see the drawings on their exams.

Mr. Edmund Dantes

Alchemy - start year 7 - Alchemy Year 7

Dueling - start year 7

Arithmancy - start year 7 - Numerology and Grammatica Year 7

Care of Magical creatures - start year 7 - 1)The Monster Book of Monsters & 2)Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Cooking with magic - start year 7

Divination - start year 7 - Unfogging the Future; The Dream Oracle

Study of Ancient Runes - start year 7 - Advanced Rune Translation

Ancient studies- start year 7 - Ancient Studies Year 7

Magic in art - start year 7 - Sketching Quill

Postmortem studies
- start year 7 - Possibility of Reversing the Actual and Metaphysical Effects of Natural Death

Magical theory - start year 7 - 1)Powers You Never Knew You Had (and What to do With Them Now You've Wised Up) & 2)Magick Moste Evile

Wizarding Law - start year 7 - How to Stay out of Azkaban: A Guide to Wizarding Law

MagiPsychology - start year 7 - Dangerous Minds

Wizarding Literature - start year 7 - Books: More than Paperweights Year 7

Healing & Medicinal Magic - start year 7 - Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions

Wizarding Economics & Necessities - start year 7 - Wizarding Economics and Necessities Year 7

Astronomy
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5-OWL-O
Year 6-A
Year 7-Newt-O

History of Magic
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 -A
Year 4- A
Year 5 – OWL- O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 – NEWT - O

Charms
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Transfiguration
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT – O

Dark arts
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT – D

Herbology
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Potions
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - NEWT - O

Muggle Studies
Year 1 - A
Year 2 - A
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5-OWL-O
Year 6- A
Year 7-Newt-O

Flying - A

Dueling
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Arithmancy
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Care of Magical Creatures
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Cooking with magic
Year 3-A
Year 4 -A
Year 5 – OWL-E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 – NEWT-D

Divination
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

Study of Ancient Runes
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Ancient Studies
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Magic in Art
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - B
Year 6 – C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

Postmortem Studies
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Magical Theory
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Wizarding Law
Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - O
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Magipsychology
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - D

Wizarding Literature
Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Year 3 - A
Year 4 - A
Year 5 - OWL - E
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - P

Year 3 - B
Year 4 - B
Year 5 - OWL - A
Year 6 - C
Year 7 - NEWT - T

Alchemy
Year 6 - A
Year 7 - F

Apparition
Year 6 - A

Explanation of grades:

Normal Grades - A - F
A - Excellent
B - Very Good
C - Good
D - Satisfactory
E - Sufficient
F - Fail

OWLS and NEWTS Grades:
Passing:
O - Outstanding
E - Exceeds Expectations
A - Acceptable
Failing:
P - Poor
D - Dreadful
T - Troll

"Congratulations for enrolling into the seventh year here at Hogwarts," He announced to the masked student.

The Masked Man tipped his hat to Elias in reply.

"Before I give you your envelope with your grades and information about what you need for your seventh year, I need to tell you that I received several complaints from a couple of professors regarding your demeanor during the exams and how you performed the tests. You are of course free to do as you like. I would never forbid students because they have certain interests, as long as it does not harm anyone, but on the other hand I cannot force all the professors to enjoy your interests as well....Do you understand?"

The Masked Man nodded, took his envelope, and left after elegantly bidding the Headmaster goodbye. Something about him gave the impression that he was rather pleased people had complained about him and that they were unable to enforce impose any punishments on him.

As long as I do not harm anyone...and comply with the dress code and Hogwarts rules...I can do anything that I want. There are so many loopholes... he thought happily, jumping away the moment that he got outside and not caring whether anyone saw him. I must give my princess some space...after all, I will see her again on September 3rd, and I still have that prize from our last game...Embracing her...holding hands...sitting beside her...what a lovely month I have ahead of me. Ah, but I miss her so much...I just want to see her one more time before the third of next month. Being away from her is so painful.

"...they made me laugh so much!" Crystal laughed heartily.

"He really did that to his test papers?"

"Yes. Here, take a look at these...If you want to see the other professors', then you'll have to ask them for permission, but you can have a look at his History tests." she handed over the papers, having brought them back to the store to show Rosaleya. I'll bring them right back...besides, it's not cheating if she's already done the test. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." Rosaleya replied absent-mindedly, distracted by the drawings.

Jade, looking over her shoulder, was laughing heartily. "He's such a good artist."

Rosaleya made a mischievous grin as soon as Crystal left. "They look great...I really want to see the other ones...and I wish I could draw as well as he could. These are all Anime drawings."

"You can draw wonderful scenery." Jade insisted. "Just because you can't draw anything else doesn't mean that you'll never learn." he hinted at having Rosaleya ask the Masked Man to teach her how to draw so wonderfully.

"Hmm..." Rosaleya considered his idea.

Rosaleya and Crystal loved that kind of humor, although the latter was more obvious about it.

"Hey, Mr. Dolohov?" Crystal asked, approaching August once she had put the Masked Man's papers back. "Would you mind if I took a look at Edmund Dante's tests?" She looked very cheerful when she asked, using a polite tone of voice.

I've seen the Muggle Studies ones and the Astronomy ones, and mine, of course, but no one else's. I'll have to ask around; they're so fun to read. I'll take pictures of them for Rosaleya. I can tell she really enjoyed them, even though she was trying to hide it.

"_ _ you _ _...I still have too many textbooks to read." Athena groaned, imagining several unfortunate accidents happening to Stephan as she sat in the library again. Not that they'll actually happen. She thought realistically.

"Ms.!" the librarian reminded her.

Athena gestured to show that she understood, and made a half-hearted attempt at an apology.

While she gestured, the librarian caught sight of her tattoos, which were visible since she had her sleeves rolled up to just above her elbows. "Oh my!" she said quietly, adjusting her glasses nervously.

"Hey, Mr. Dolohov?"

August turned around, seemingly surprised being called by someone he least expected.

"Yes?"

"Would you mind if I took a look at Edmund Dante's tests?" Crystal looked very cheerful when she asked, using a polite tone of voice.

...What the bloody hell is she asking about?

"For what reason?!" He was not really asking but pointing out to her that she had no good reason to take a look at something that did not concern her, since she was not professor in the same subject as him or a headmistress. "I cannot recall you teaching ancient runes...anyway, if you excuse me, I am too busy with work today..." He turned on his heel and walked away.

"No, that won't work." Crystal shook her head as she imagined a similar response to August's from the other professors; mainly the ones that had been subjected to her outburst at the Summer Feast. "Hmm..."

She walked around for a bit before coming up with an idea. He was very rude, but, I guess he has a point...how can I get my hands on the test papers? Ah! "Raven, would you mind..."

"Sure." Raven replied after Crystal had explained. "Here are the copies." she handed Crystal every written exam that the Masked Man had taken.

"Thanks!" she replied cheerfully.

"Ooohhh...an empty compartment!" Jade exclaimed. "We'll reserve it before everyone gets settled. After you..." he gestured in a 'ladies first' manner.

Rosaleya smiled subtly and entered, and Jade closed the door behind them.

It wasn't too long afterwards that Athena entered their compartment, without knocking. "Hey, good morning to you!" she greeted cheerfully after closing the door. She held two bottles of butterbeer in each hand. "I brought alcohol! It makes anything better." she joked, offering one to Rosaleya. "I bought two for you." she smiled innocently when Rosaleya gave the drink a strange look. Jade was staring at Athena with a firmly skeptical expression. "Why would you suggest alcohol on the first day of school?" he asked logically.

"It only has a little alcohol." Athena assured her. "Believe me, these things are mostly sugar and water, so it's fine if you-"

"-Ah, princess." the Masked Man breathed, as if merely setting eyes on Rosaleya caused him to feel a great relief. He had entered the compartment, and closed it firmly behind him despite a brief glare from Athena. "I feel an immeasurable joy in your presence. It makes the moments spent without you painfully bland." he addressed Rosaleya as if they were the only ones in the compartment.

Athena's nostrils flared, and she briefly imagined breaking one of the butterbeer bottles on the Masked Man's head. Instead, she put them down on the seat next to Rosaleya's so that the Masked Man didn't sit there. "That's enough, don't you think?" she asked curtly with a raised eyebrow, pulling him by his collar to sit beside her.

"Hmm?" the Masked Man inquired, obviously pretending not to understand Athena's point.

Jade was watching this play out with an interested expression, which contrasted sharply with Rosaleya's indifferent one.

"Can't you find another compartment?"

"Do you want me to leave, princess?" the Masked Man inquired genuinely, giving Rosaleya his full attention. He was clearly prepared to leave if Rosaleya found his presence to be a bother.

"No." Rosaleya replied calmly.

Jade laughed. "This is just too entertaining to watch."

"Just tell him that he's bothering you." Athena insisted to Rosaleya. "...Isn't he?" she gestured to him as if anyone would find him annoying.

"No."

"You don't have to be so polite. Come on."

"He's not bothering me." Rosaleya replied honestly. "I really don't know why you two hate each other so much. You both seem like interesting and fun people. It's just that I have my own paranoia to deal with. I dunno, maybe you're both actually nice people. Or maybe you're both trying to pull one over on me" she shrugged "...Either way, you're fun to be around." Whether this ends well or not, I'll still have fun before everything turns sour.

"Well said, well said." Jade applauded.

The Masked Man tipped his hat to Rosaleya. Athena had mixed feelings; she had been complemented, but the Masked Man had also received the same compliment. For now, she gave up on the idea of forcing the Masked Man to leave the compartment, and she wouldn't leave because she wanted to enjoy the train ride with Rosaleya. She ended up opening one of the butterbeers for herself, and accepting Rosaleya's rejection of the drink after asking once.

At that moment, Stephan entered the compartment. "Good morning, Miss. Fairbrook." he greeted her cordially, ignoring everyone else and sitting beside her. The seat had been cleared for him by Jade, who now held the three remaining butterbeers. "Are they bothering you again?" he asked, visibly prepared to try his hardest at banishing them from the compartment.

"No."

Really? Stephan thought incredulously. His disbelief showed clearly in his eyes.

Don't you think we all want to be alone with her? Athena thought. But we're in each others' way, because none of us wants to share.

"May I speak with you both...alone?" the Masked Man stood after a minute of silence. He had directed his question to Athena and Stephan.

Athena and Stephan both agreed, albeit reluctantly, and followed him out of the compartment, closing the door behind them.

"There's one empty compartment left; let us converse within it, so that the princess does not overhear." The Masked Man suggested logically.

Once again, both Stephan and Athena agreed reluctantly, and followed him into the last empty compartment.

"What's up, prince charming?" Athena asked, putting as much sarcasm as she could into her last two words. She had a hand on her hip and an annoyed expression.

The Masked Man checked his pockets, seemingly searching for something. "I've forgotten something. Excuse me." he left the compartment.

"What's taking him so long?" Athena wondered aloud after a minute. She tried to open the compartment, but they were locked inside. "That _ _!" she cursed.

Both Athena and Stephan were unsuccessful in their task to break out, the former taking her seat with a furious expression and crossed arms. "How did he magic-proof the door in less than a minute?" she demanded rhetorically.

"He's manipulative and underhanded." Stephan said with a clenched jaw. "He probably planned this before he even entered Ms. Fairbrook's compartment. That's why the door is so well-protected." he punched it, imagining it as the Masked Man's face.

"They won't be coming back." The Masked Man calmly informed Rosaleya upon his return, closing the door behind himself.

"Did you trap them in another compartment or something?" Rosaleya jested, taking the Masked Man's statement as a joke.

"Yes."

"Sure." Rosaleya looked behind him, expecting to see them open the compartment door any second.

"I'm serious."

Rosaleya stood with her mind on freeing them, but the Masked Man blocked her path.

"In a past life, we loved to role-play together....I'll be the villain, and I'm holding your friends as hostages. You'll be the hero, and you have to pay the ransom." he stated seriously.

"What is the ransom?" Rosaleya asked casually, amused by the Masked Man's unexpected actions. He's so unpredictable...it's fascinating.

"You have to sing one song with me; a duet, my princess. And then, your friends will be returned to you, safe and sound. The song is up to you, but if you attempt any sort of trickery instead of payment, you will never see your friends again." he laughed a theatrical, villainous laugh.

Rosaleya laughed. "You have a very nice 'evil laugh'. "

"So do you, princess." he tipped his hat to her.

"I enjoyed playing with you, princess." the Masked Man sounded as if he was smiling.

"You two sounded lovely." Jade commented, sarcasm showing subtly in his tone.

"It was fun...I think that your unpredictability interests me the most. It's always fun."

"Even more than the mystery of my mask, or my name?"

"Yes. Because, eventually, I'll learn your name and see your face...but I'll never get an explanation for your eccentricity. That's what makes it interesting. I hope that that part of you never changes." Rosaleya hinted that perhaps the Masked Man's spontaneity was an act meant to charm her.

"Fortunately, it will never change." he promised her. "Now, to free your friends. You do want them back?" his tone explained that he deeply wished for her to reply with a 'no'.

"Yes, I do." Rosaleya laughed. "Free them, you wicked villain!" she joked.

"Only if you defeat me, because as a ruthless villain, I'm ignoring our previous agreement!"

"Kamehameha!" Rosaleya pretended to perform the famous Dragon Ball attack.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAargh!" the Masked Man pretended to have been blasted backwards by her attack, falling against the door. "Well, I suppose I've been defeated, then." he sounded slightly disappointed as he stood and left the compartment to 'release the hostages'.

"What are you laughing about?" Athena asked when she opened the door to see Rosaleya and Jade laughing heartily.

"Is it because we were tricked?" Stephan asked.

"No..."

Three minutes later...

"That's what you locked us up for?" Athena demanded from the Masked Man. Admittedly, that was pretty funny...I can see why they were laughing...but I won't admit it out loud.

That's something...that Nova would do...He knows that she likes Nova's personality...there's no way he's actually like that...he's lying to her by pretending to be something that she likes to win her over. I hope that she isn't really falling for it.
Stephan thought, regarding Rosaleya's happy expression with concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back