• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
...What does she mean by that...a picnic cloth or a table with two chairs…? August thought confused however ended up conjuring a blue and white picnic cloth, thinking that they are going to enjoy the breakfast out in the charming nature.

"So, why don't you tell me where we are going now, so that I can use the portal?" she smiled after they had finished their breakfast.

"I am taking you to a sightseeing in Rome," He replied with a smile, his eyes on the charming surrounding scenery.

...I don't know from where she is or if she has ever been in Rome. I don't understand the difference in the food besides the strong and rich taste...I don't mind to enjoy an Italian brunch that taste as usual later today, however since she prefers the stronger and richer taste of food, she has to pick out a restaurant for dinner, because I have no idea which restaurants that serves food to her liking...I only know Antique and The Garden by now...

"Of course, I will lead…" August smiled and took Celeste's hand.

Since they had ended behind the Colosseum, they went on a short tour there. Since they had entered a wizarding area, August did not need to worry about muggles or if anyone noticed that they were accompanied by a tiger. They took a tour around and to the Colosseum to enjoy the view there before August led the way to Roman Forum. It was a plaza surrounded by ruins that had remained from the very old buildings. August knew Adela would love such a place, since he knew she loved romantic ruins, pillars where red roses grew along and remains of castles.

He was curious to see if Celeste also loved to visit ruins or not. The Roman Forum was a historical place after all. They remained there to enjoy the scenery for a while until they continued, and August led the way to the next place: The Pantheon, which was August's favorite place to visit. They entered the old temple which nowadays was a church and explored its charming interior. August never mentioned that his sister favored ruins. He only mentioned to Celeste that the Pantheon was his favorite building to visit in Rome.

After their visit at the Pantheon, August led the way to next building, one after another. He made sure to remain by each one till Celeste was satisfied with the sightseeing before he led the way to the next place: The Trevi fountain, the Vatican museums, Piazza Navona, Castel Sant'Angelo and lastly; Villa Borghese gardens.

They had spent several hours on sightseeing and August was already feeling hungry.

"There's a wizarding restaurant here in Villa Borghese gardens," He told Celeste. "However, I think it is the usual ingredients they use and not the really strong favors from your place...Do you have any suggestions?"

During the entirety of the sightseeing, Celeste had a pleasantly amused look in her eyes, though she didn't seem to show interest in any single place in particular. She spoke few words, simply enjoying the visit by taking in all of the sounds, scents, and scenery of each place. In sharp contrast, Dante beheld everything with a bored look in his eyes, as if he could fall asleep at any moment. It was clear that it Celeste had not been there, he would have done so.

When August mentioned to Celeste that the Pantheon was his favorite building to visit in Rome, she had nodded, replying "I can see the appeal; the architecture is lovely." Immediately afterward, Dante had yawned widely.

"There's a Wizarding restaurant here in Villa Borghese gardens," He told Celeste. "However, I think it is the usual ingredients they use and not the really strong favors from your place...Do you have any suggestions?"

"No." Celeste replied after a moment of contemplation. "That restaurant you mentioned sounds fine."

When it came time to order, Celeste told him to order for both of them, then excused herself with the evident intention of using the lavatory. Dante remained where he was. His eyes had been on Celeste, but the moment she had walked out of his view, he turned to watch August.

Celeste, after confirming that the women's bathrooms were empty, had magically secured the main door and summoned Nova.

"My my, a women's lavatory...Not the proper place for a gentleman at all." Nova jested in a theatrically posh voice.

"I have summoned you to make another wish." Celeste replied.

"What would your wish be, in a place like this?" he gestured with both hands to the air surrounding them "Have you no decency?" He gave her a lascivious glance. "But if you were to insist, turning you down would be impossible..." crossing his arms across his chest, he sighed as if imagining a wild scene.

Celeste couldn't help herself, and laughed at his jokes. "I can never tell what you are going to say." she smiled. "Your whimsical and random nature is as entertaining as always. I'm embarrassed to admit, but I think that you are humorous no matter what you say. It's the way you speak when you are making jokes."

"So, your wish?" he returned to his professional voice.

"I don't want to bother with another bland meal...August is ordering now, I'm sure. And I don't want to deal with any bland meals in the future. I don't want to be difficult with him and insist on choosing the restaurant every single time; that would become annoying if I were in his place. So I wish that every time I order, or tell him to order, an identical plate from our realm will be served to me instead. There is no way for August to find out..." she went through all the details. "...and if he still desires a bland meal after tasting our realm's delights, then that is his poor choice to make." she finished logically.

"Very thorough." Nova nodded approvingly. "Now, I want..." he put a finger to his chin in thought, although he already knew what he wanted. Celeste waited patiently. "...you to kiss August by the end of today. If the time reaches twelve p.m. in London, then your wish will be reversed."

"That is all?"

"Yes, but what do you mean? How do you explain your nonchalance?"

"You didn't say where I had to kiss him." Celeste replied slyly "Tsk tsk...For one who always says 'Details, don't forget the details!' " She imitated him. She didn't imitate his voice, but rather the mannerism in which he said it.

Nova sighed. "It will still be fun to watch Dante and August's reaction."

"I will kiss his head or forehead like a child." Celeste shrugged. "Thank you for the wish."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you, as always." Nova tipped his hat to her before disappearing.

August was feeling revealed that Celeste was not picky about where the ingredients in the food came from, if the flavors were poorer or richer. He was however surprised that she asked him to order for them both and excused herself to the bathroom.

...If she has not asked me to order for her, I would have waited... He thought as he picked up the menu, trying to guess what she would enjoy for dinner. He ordered Parmigiana, Scaloppine and Caprese salad for two, red wine and mead, and pannacotta for dessert for two as well.

Celeste took her seat not long after August had ordered, and didn't say anything until the drinks were served. "I am in the presence of a gentleman with good judgment." Celeste smiled to August when she saw that he had ordered Black Mead for her, raising her glass to him. It was the first time she had smiled since they had arrived in Rome, and it had been toward August, rather than anything that they had seen already. It was clear that she wasn't praising him uselessly, but rather stating her relief and joy at his good judgment.

"A fine choice." Celeste said when the food had been served. Ah, I don't know why I haven't made this wish already! Now I can enjoy my meals without seeming overly picky to August. Celeste thought as she tasted the food. Her manners were pristine, and she showed visible signs of satisfaction at the taste. And with the specifics stated clearly, my meal looks identical to August's. The only way he could tell would be to try mine, which won't happen. She thought happily. I wonder if he is thinking of how strange this world's food tastes now, after breakfast and lunch last weekend, and breakfast today? She looked at him, trying to see if he showed any signs of disliking his meal.

August raised his goblet with a smile in response to Celeste. ...of course…when she only had been drinking black mead whenever we have been together...

"I am glad that everything is your liking." He tasted the food and found it tasting as usual. The flavors were less rich and weaker than from the flavors he had tasted in food at Antique and The Garden.

Having been used to normal flavored food his entire life, he enjoyed the meal to the fullest. However, it crossed his mind that she might not be satisfied with the usual taste. ...I hope she does not dislike it...I would never mind if she want to choose the restaurant whenever we dine if she prefers the richer and stringer taste of flavors…that's why warned her about the food served here and I asked her about her suggestion earlier...however she said it was fine…He looked at her at the same time as she looked at him.

Celeste laughed softly when their eyes met. "I was wondering...what will we be doing after this? Do you have any plans, or should I think of something? Or perhaps you have grown tired and wish to retire to your home for the day?" Playing it off as though I was looking to him to ask about our next activity. I can't ask him how he likes the food, because then he will ask me in return, and I will say 'fine' but he won't know that I made that wish. And besides; our next activity is something that I should be thinking about if he has no plans.

"Oh..." August smiled. "…well..."

…I was actually thinking about something quite else...but I cannot bring the subject about the flavors of the food now when she asked me about my plans after the dinner...it would be so weird...and I might....perhaps she has chosen to have dinner with weaker flavors than usual to be polite? She has spoken so highly about the flavors and food from her place...

"I was planning to take you to the opera after the dinner, of course it will be here in Rome..."

Celeste smiled warmly; her expression said that she was happy with his choice, and looking forward to the opera. And, it worked. The opera sounds nice; I think that even if I went to one every day, I wouldn't get tired of them. She remembered the opera that they had seen together last weekend.

When the bill came, the waiter automatically handed it to August. Celeste asked the waiter to see it after August had paid. She glanced at it when the waiter showed her, and then thanked him for the meal. "I think that, with one more meal, you would have paid for the painting." Celeste said to August after the waiter had left.

When they stood from their seats, Celeste offered her hand to August again with a charming smile.

"That was so lovely." Celeste said when the opera was over, still staring at the stage with a happy look in her eyes. When would be the best time to kiss him, and where should I do it? If the time runs out and I have no ideas, it is better to let the wish expire and then try again. She looked over at him, wondering what the least romantic and least awkward place to kiss him would be.

Celeste stood after a second and offered her hand to him. I'll do it when we are saying goodbye to each other back in London. I'll kiss his forehead. The cheek and the hand...I can't picture those going very well. The cheek is too close to his mouth, and the hand is too strange. "Will we be returning to London now?" Celeste asked on their way out of the opera house. By the look in her eyes, it seemed that she was ready to part for the evening.

August raised an eyebrow, wondering why Celeste wanted to look at the bill. ...She is not going to discuss about the prices again, is she…?

"I think that, with one more meal, you would have paid for the painting." Celeste said to August after the waiter had left.

He smiled. ...Ah...so she was thinking about that... he thought with relief.

"That was so lovely." Celeste said when the opera was over, still staring at the stage with a happy look in her eyes

"I am very pleased that you enjoyed it," He replied, looking at her with a smile. He took her head when she stood up.

"Will we be returning to London now?" she asked on their way out of the opera house.

"Yes, we shall return now," He nodded. "So, when would you love to meet next time?" He smiled and looked at her with the look that said he was open for any suggestion.

"Next Wednesday." Celeste replied, with the look that she could change her mind if he was busy that day.

When they had returned to Knockturn Alley, Celeste turned to August. She hesitated for a second, then bid him a pleasant night. Dante bowed his head to August, and then both of them turned to walk away.

"Alright, I shall meet you in Knockturn Alley before noon next Wednesday," August smiled.

When they had returned to Knockturn Alley, he noticed how Celeste hesitated about something for a second before she bid him a pleasant night. He remained standing on the same spot after he had wished her a goodnight and looked at her and Dante as they turned to walk way.

...Did she want to say something? or perhaps she did not wish to part right now? But after we left the Opera House, I knew she was ready to part by the look I saw in her eyes... He thought oddly, feeling confused. ...Or perhaps she was thinking about something quite else that has nothing with me or our date to do... He tried to resonate as he prepared himself to apparate away.
...whatever it is...if it something that concerns me or our date, I am sure she will tell sooner or later...

"What are you doing?" Crystal asked curiously, entering the kitchen in the apartment above Darkest Creatures. I heard Rosaleya humming something before I came in, and she usually sings or hums something while she works, so I wanted to know if I could help her.

"I'm trying to make something to bring to the picnic tomorrow. One of the demons, Envy's representative, invited me to a picnic with herself and Nova....Something about a lake...Anyway, I wanted to bring something, so I looked up simple recipes online...I don't think it would be too difficult to mess these up..." Rosaleya replied, looking down at the twelve identical balls of dough that rested on a layer of flour. She was seated at the kitchen table, with the dough balls on one side, and a written recipe on the other. "...I just had to knead the dough, which wasn't too hard. My arms only got tired at the very end. And then it had to 'rise' for two hours, and now I'm shaping them into even balls before they have to 'rise' overnight. Tomorrow, I'll bake them as I'm getting ready, and then I'll meet him outside. Nova said that I just had to be outside the shop before nine tomorrow."

"So...is there anything I can help you with?" Crystal offered with a friendly smile. "Your outfit for tomorrow, maybe?"

"Yes...Switzerland is a very strange place to me; I looked at pictures online, and maps and stuff, but I still can't figure out what to wear. What if I dress all casual, and then it turns out that I chose wrong?"

"I'll pick something for you. And I can help you do your hair." Crystal nodded, sitting down at the kitchen table. "Today's a pretty slow day; Leigh's handling the accounting downstairs by the register. So anyway, think about a nice hairstyle that you would like, and I'll see if I can do it for you."

Rosaleya nodded, paying more attention to the dough balls which she was trying to shape.

"You said you had to shape them into balls, right? Well, they look very even and round to me." Crystal observed.

"Look at this one here..." Rosaleya showed the one she was working on to Crystal; it had a small crack at the bottom. "It's not perfectly round. And this one-" she showed her another one which was slightly flat on one side. "It's half square, half circle. Not perfectly round."

Crystal picked up the paper that Rosaleya had written the recipe on; she had very neat writing. This recipe is very surprising; Rosaleya has never tried to cook or bake anything before. And she's so nervous about it. I really hope that everything works out for her. From that I've seen, none of the demons I've met are bad people. I wonder what it's like when Rosaleya interacts with them... They're so strange; they don't really act like any people that I've ever met. "You really like the demons, don't you?"

"Yes. And the one that I'm going to meet with tomorrow; she's like a princess. She's so elegant and perfect; nothing that she says is rude or condescending, though. If I was a guy, I would really want to make her happy. I would want to be the perfect husband for her; Eric says that she's searching for a 'prince' just like I am."

Crystal laughed softly.

"What?"

"It's just...the way you talk about them; you always have this brightness in your eyes when you tell me what you've been up to with them. And working so hard and staying to optimistic. I would be intimidated; bread is something that I've always just gotten from a store. I've never thought of making it. And well, I just hope that your bread rolls work out. If you need me to watch them for you while you get ready, I wouldn't have any problems staying in the kitchen to make sure that they don't burn. Tomorrow, I get the night shift anyway, so I'm free during the day." she insisted.

"...Thank you." Rosaleya said gratefully. "I really want to make her smile. Seeing her smile is like reaching the end of a really good Anime that has the perfect ending; you can't help but wish that that feeling wouldn't go away."

"I'll leave you on your own, then." Crystal smiled, standing. "See you tomorrow morning." she winked.

Rosaleya nodded, and went back to shaping the dough balls. And the recipe says that they can't be moved once they're shaped and covered. I'll put a note not to touch or move them right beside the tray, so that no one can say 'Oh, I didn't know...Sorry!'

When she finished with the rolls, she wiped down the counters. Afterward, when she was washing her hands in the kitchen sink, she looked out the window to see the sun setting.

I wish that tomorrow will be a good day. She thought.

The view wasn't that great; she could only see a small bit of the sky above the buildings in the alley.

I wish that there was a better view.

She looked around the clean kitchen; although she kept up with the cleaning, Leigh's taste was very bland.

He called it 'minimalist decor', which meant that he was too cheap to decorate the place. It's so boring! I wish that our apartment was decorated nicer. But I don't feel like making any wishes today; I just want to read a bit more and then go to bed. Why am I so tired today? She wondered as she walked to her bedroom. Oh yeah...I had weird dreams about those love letters. I dreamt that I was a detective and I was trying to find out who was sending them. She laughed to herself. I guess that it's really starting to get to me; I really want to know who has been sending me these letters every day. Each one is either just as good as the previous day's letter, or even better.

"...And she complimented my efforts on the bread rolls!" Rosaleya finished. It was the day after the picnic, and she had just finished recounting the event to Crystal. "I thought that they were really tasty, and Nova ate five of them, because they're small. But Celeste complimented me when I revealed that I had made them. I didn't tell them right away, because I didn't want them to say that they tasted good just because I had made them."

"That's very smart." Crystal nodded with a smile. "So, that sounds like a great time. I'm glad that everything went the way you hoped."

"Yes, I told you about them in reverse order to save the best for last. Oh, that feeling of calmness by the lake..." Rosaleya sighed dreamily. "...It was just like the energy in Reign's house."

"Who's your favorite?" Crystal asked after a minute of silence had passed between them.

"My favorite what?"

"Your favorite demon from the representatives?"

"I haven't met all of the representatives, yet. I mean, I don't really know them that well, yet." Rosaleya replied honestly.

Reign had left a scroll in Melody's office the day before, informing her that he would be waiting by the Hogwarts gates at seven in the evening for their trip. He told her that they wouldn't be staying for more than a day, so there was no need for any type of luggage.

On the 21st, he sat under a tree near the gates, reading the same book as before.

...Only a day...eh... Melody thought when she had read the scroll she had received by Reign. ...Why not three days when we are troubling ourselves by traveling to an exotic place that seems to be so far away from here...I could literary have vacation there the rest of the summer until I need to get back for work. The classes do not start until the third September and I have already prepared everything the headmaster have asked me about...but on the other hand it might be awkward if I went on a long vacation with Reign when we don't know each other that much... She tried to resonate with herself and trying to understand why one day was enough.

The next day, she spent several hours after breakfast that consisted of green tea and oatmeal porridge, trying to decide what to dress for an exotic one-day trip.

...If I only had found a traditional kimono...but it seems that such an exotic attire is so hard to find in a boring place like London and Madam Malkin’s never understood my description of the special attire...she gave me a weird look when I tried to explain it for her yesterday afternoon...the only exotic things I found in London was a couple of Chinese and Japanese restaurant…so I am glad that I already have tried every dish at the Japanese restaurant Zaibatsu and learned how to properly use chopsticks after a couple of failed attempts.. She blushed deeply as she remembered the other day at the restaurant where she had ordered every dish on the menu. She had received odd looks from both the restaurant staff and the guests who was eating lunch there. They had obviously wondered how a small girl like her could eat so much food. And to make the situation even more embarrassing she had been staring at the nearby guests, looking at how they used their chopsticks and ate, so that she could learn how to eat with chopsticks. She never finished all the food she had ordered and had put the rest of the food in her bag so she could take it with her because the restaurant did not have any paper bags and did not offer take away. She had first placed every dish in plastic bags before putting everything in her own bag. ...And everyone at the restaurant stared at me as if they never have seen a human in their life...

After going through the entire closet about three times, Melody picked out a dress and thought that it did not really matter.

ffa760b0360196a9e0f5df56170f3b40.jpg

...As long as I have educated myself as much as I could with the books and trying out the food, I won't be bothering him with so many questions... She thought.

Melody left her office fifteen minutes before the appointed time and walked over to the gates. She made sure she was there five minutes before the appointed time. She found Reign as the other day she had found him, reading a book.

"Good evening," She smiled, feeling very excited about the trip. She did not have any luggage, but her shoulder purse and her wand which she had hid under left sleeve.

"Good evening." Reign replied. As he stood to greet her, the book that he had been reading disappeared. He performed an elegant bow, then offered his hand to her.

When she took his hand, instead of jumping as usual, he turned and led her past the tree he had been reading. Then past more trees. He led her to a clearing that was surrounded by lots of trees, and a plain door stood on its own in the center. It had a handle that resembled a gloved hand.

"This is a portal." Reign explained, using his other hand to shake hands with the handle, and open the door. It opened to reveal the steps that led to the temple's garden. It was still dark outside; a cool moonlit night with a half moon and a warm breeze. In Japan, it was four in the morning. The sun usually rose at five-thirty.

"Welcome to Sakura Temple, in Osaka, Japan." he said once they had walked through and the door had disappeared behind them.

Still holding Melody's hand, Reign climbed the steps to the temple and led her through the lovely garden at a pace that allowed her to take in all of the beauty. At the end of their walk, he gestured to a room with open sliding doors and a table set for two with many lotus-shaped candles floating above them.

He gestured to a cushion at one end of the low table, and then took a seat at the other end, sitting cross-legged. Then, he proceeded to pour her her choice of beverage in her glass.

"You summoned me to wish to know who has been sending you these letters?" Nova asked after Rosaleya had explained her situation.

"Yes. I can't figure out who it is, and I thought that the best way would be..." Rosaleya gestured to Nova.

Nova sighed. "I'm sorry to tell you that the sender of those letters has already made a wish that I cannot grant your wish without asking an unreasonable favor in return. It was 'your prince's' way of making sure that I didn't tell you."

"Oh...Well, what was the unreasonable favor? Maybe it's not that bad?" She asked hopefully.

Nova did not speak.

"Please tell me." Rosaleya pleaded.

Nova whispered the favor in her ear.

"Shiitake mushrooms!" Rosaleya said angrily. "That is not something I can do! Hey, can I wish for that wish to be undone?" She asked, the hope returning to her eyes.

"...'Your prince' thought of that already. The favor is the same if you wish to undo that wish." Nova held back laughter. She used 'Shiitake mushrooms as a curse word. That is so funny, but she is trying to be serious so I cannot laugh at her now.

"I'm sorry for wasting your time." Rosaleya flopped back onto her bed. The 'surefire solution' she had thought of had failed.

"Have a lovely day." Nova said before disappearing.

"It's starting to really get to me." Rosaleya said to herself while staring at the plain white ceiling. "If this was an Anime then I'd wish that the writers would put in less suspense and hurry up with the plot a bit. This is taking too long...I want to know who my 'prince' is...Or if he is even really a 'prince' at all?"

...Are we about to jump and fly as usual soon? Will he be able to jump and fly in a very far distance...? Melody thought when Reign led the way and stopped in front a single door in the midst of a clearing.

"This is a portal." Reign explained.

...Ah...so he is not customized with port keys, brooms or apparition or floo powder...I hope this will be comfortable...

When he opened the door, she was surprised to see that it revealed their final destination. ...It seems so simple... She thought and noticed that it was darker on the other side. During her research she had learned that Japan was far away from Great Britain and due to the very long distance, the time differed in several hours. She tried to figure out if it was morning or if it was night in Japan. ..Is it nine hours back or nine hours forward?...

"Welcome to Sakura Temple, in Osaka, Japan." he said once they had walked through and the door had disappeared behind them.

"Thank you.." She replied, looking around at the surrounding and interior with wide eyes. ...So why Osaka and not Tokyo? I thought he was going to take me to Tokyo, perhaps he is from Osaka...

...Merlin's beard.... could we not walk a little more slowly?
She thought breathlessly as they went through a lovely garden. At the end of their walk, she entered the room he gestured to and sat down on a cushion at one end of a low table. ...Why don't they have chairs and tables like Zaibatsu? ...Merlin's beard why did I not research more so I could prepare myself for sitting on a cushion... She thought, blushing as she tried to make herself comfortable on the cushion.

She took the glass of water gratefully when he handed it to her. She drank half of it and noticed that she was served rice balls.

a7f568cddae58bc97109cff06e7310cc.jpg

...Ah, I got my favorite! At Zaibatsu, I loved the onigiri the most! I hope these are filled with pickled cherry blossom...

She picked up one rice ball with such delight and took a bite of it. She was very surprised how good it tasted. ...Oh, my goodness.... what kind of flavor have they used to make it so good...the rice balls at Zaibatsu were fine...but these ones are splendid! I bet they have better flavors here in Japan...they must have used typically cheap English flavors to cook Japanese dishes at that restaurant in London....

..so was it nine hours back or eight hours forward?...if it was seven o'clock in the evening when I left Hogwarts...and it is still dark here due to time difference...if it is nine hours back then it is supposed to be around ten o'clock in the morning here...but it can't be because it is still dark here...if it is nine hours forward then it must be four in the morning here...which seems more relevant due to the dark...So I am literary eating breakfast now...
She thought amused.

..Would it be rude to ask Reign if he is from Osaka?...I really want to go to Tokyo, I want to do some shopping there...I want to get a traditional kimono and all those cute kitchen supplies…I hope I have brought enough of galleons to exchange them to the yens I need...

Reign ate elegantly, remaining silent and enjoying the garden's scenery.

When they had finished, he stood to offer a hand to Melody. He led her further inside, and the table cleared itself behind them; the dishes stacked themselves before vanishing. Each time they entered another room or hallway, the sliding paper doors ahead would open for them magically. Finally, they came to the highest level of the temple. The final pair of sliding doors opened at the far side of the room to reveal a balcony with two comfortable chairs, and the finest view of the gardens and the mountains that surrounded the temple.

Reign gestured to one of the chairs, then let go of Melody's hand to take his seat. He enjoyed the view, with the look in his eyes that he was eagerly waiting for something.

Not long afterward, the sun started to rise, and it was clear that the thing he had been waiting for had come. He beheld the sunrise with calm eyes, enjoying every moment. When the sun had risen beyond the horizon, he turned to Melody, offering his hand as he stood from his place.

"Our next destination is Tokyo." He looked forward to seeing the excitement in her eyes.

Not long afterward, they landed in a park in a residential area. No one was around; everyone was busy either waking up or getting ready in preparation for their day.

"I wish for you to return to London with a multitude of gifts." Reign said with a friendly look in his eyes. He showed Melody the pouch that he held his coins in, drawing it from a pocket in his robes while continuing his explanation. "I wished for this item from Nova; it will supply me with an infinite amount of funds for my current location, so you should feel no guilt in accepting the gifts."

...It must be something very worth to see since we have been walking for such a long time... Melody thought as she followed Reign through the rooms and hallways after they had finished their meal.

She sighed of relief when the walk was over, and she got the chance to sit on a comfortable chair in a balcony with the most splendid view over mountains and gardens. She was engulfed by the view that she nearly forgot about time and place.

...Ah.... She smiled with a dreamy look in her eyes as she watched the sun rise above the horizon.

She could never take her eyes of the beautiful view, which had become even more beautiful by the morning sun. Suddenly she noticed that Reign was holding his hand for her and she hurried to stand up, feeling ashamed that she had been too distracted by the view that she had barely noticing him standing up and nearing her.

"Our next destination is Tokyo."

"Ahh..." Melody could hardly believe her ears. Her eyes were glittering of excitement.

...Oh, I feel so lucky! I am going to visit Tokyo and hopefully do a lot of shopping... She thought excited. ...but how did he know that I wished to go there. I never told him...perhaps he had planned to take me to Tokyo, hasn't he? Or does he really read minds or is being able to follow his instincts?...

"I wish for you to return to London with a multitude of gifts." Reign said with a friendly look in his eyes when they had arrived at a residential area in Tokyo. He showed Melody the pouch that he held his coins in, drawing it from a pocket in his robes while continuing his explanation. "I wished for this item from Nova; it will supply me with an infinite amount of funds for my current location, so you should feel no guilt in accepting the gifts."

She wanted to protest and looked very surprised at him. She was only able to accept one or two gifts and not more because she was not a greedy person. However, she was feeling impotent to protest. Instead she blushed deeply and looked down at the ground, mumbling a thank you.

Reign smiled warmly at Melody's reaction.

He took her hand and walked with her through a quiet neighborhood mainly comprised of houses, apartments, and convenience stores. A few minutes later, they had reached a clean, busy street, with many other clothing stores and some cafes as well. Half of the stores were already open by the time they reached the street; the other half were either still dark inside, or being opened at that moment.

Reign decided to start with the store closest to them; a Japanese clothing store which sold beautiful kimonos and yukatas in every style and colour. The store had a bright and alluring window display, and the name of the store was displayed above the entrance in large multicoloured Japanese characters.

He opened the door for her, and gestured to the inside.

The closest store employee welcomed them, first in Japanese, then in English with only a slight Japanese accent, bowing as she spoke. She was a middle-aged woman with a serious tone, kind eyes, a traditional hairstyle, and a forest green yukata.

Reign greeted her in return, in flawless Japanese.

"It is my wish that you do not hold back in the name of 'modesty'. " Reign turned to Melody before the store employee could say anything else. He spoke it with a gentle tone and a serious look in his eyes; it was evident that he truly wished for her to return to London with a multitude of gifts.

Reign walked away to browse amongst the men's clothing, and the employee's eyes followed him longingly, although a second later she cleared her mind and turned to Melody.

"The clothing looks simple at first, but they can be very difficult. I will help you in the fitting room if you request it." she said helpfully. "My name is Yuki, so please call for me if you need assistance."

She gave Melody some distance, but remained close enough to hear her in case she needed anything.

"eh..." ...In the name of modesty…? Melody wondered and blushed deeply when she realized what Reign was meaning. "As you wish," She spoke quietly, meeting his eyes before looking down at the floor, feeling embarrassed. She looked up when he walked away to browse amongst the men's clothing. She stood there, feeling a bit awkward, as she did not know where to start. She nearly jumped though remained calm when the employee spoke to her:

"The clothing looks simple at first, but they can be very difficult. I will help you in the fitting room if you request it." she said helpfully. "My name is Yuki, so please call for me if you need assistance."

"....eh…ar...eh thank you," Melody nodded and turned around. She picked out a small book from her purse and turned the leaves quickly. It was a small book which contained simple Japanese phrases and the numbers for tourists who visited Japan the first time and were unfamiliar with the language. She had bought the book in a book store in London. She recognized the phrase she had heard when the employee had greeted them in Japanese. ...and to say thank you...oh of course...I always seem to forget this word... She kept holding the book in her hands as she looked around at the clothes. She did not dare to touch anything because she was scared that her fingers were not clean enough and that she might leave her finger prints on the beautiful clothes, although her hands were clean.

...Ah...I wonder if these will look as good on me as it did in the pictures in that book about Japanese fashion which I found in the library...oh my, so many beautiful colors and patterns...it is going to be hard to choose...I wonder if they have the both kinds, the kimonos that are made of silk and the kimonos that are made of cotton...it seems that they have, since some look so shiny in textures while some textures look lusterless...and each kimono has a certain name depending on the style and type of texture...and that kimono that is worn during the summer season...what was the name?.. Holding the small book in her left hand, she looked in her purse but could not find her small notebook...Merlin's beard, I have forgotten my notebook where I dotted down notes about the Japanese clothing. I left it on my desk in my office...

"Uhm...Yuki..." Melody turned around, looking for the employee who earlier had offered her help if Melody needed her. "I would like this one..." She gestured at the light blue colored kimono with floral pattern and was made of silk. "And this one..." She gestured towards a second one which was pink and made of cotton.

acf400951f7658adb7ce2016fdd1726c.jpg

Last edited:
"I would like this one..." She gestured at the light blue colored kimono with floral pattern and was made of silk. "And this one.." She gestured towards a second one which was pink and made of cotton.

"These are lovely choices." Yuki smiled kindly, taking them in her arms delicately. "May I also suggest...this one?" she pointed to another silk kimono that had a base colour of white, and a pattern of thin brown branches adorned with an abundance of pink and red cherry blossom petals.

Yuki was formal, yet helpful; the perfect clothing store employee.

Meanwhile, Reign had selected four silk kimonos, and two yukatas. One kimono was white with a pattern of thin brown branches adorned with an abundance of blue and silver cherry blossom petals. Another kimono was black, and the third was a rich dark blue. The fourth kimono...

57b0a41bdd117c5f534b5c06449c9f60.jpg

One yukata was black, and the other was a rich dark brown. He had also selected a new pair of sandals. He headed toward the men's fitting rooms, catching sight of the clothing that Melody had selected.

By the time Melody had finished her shopping and reached the checkout counter, Reign was sitting down on a chair nearby, reading his book of Chinese Folktales.

"Yesterday..." Rosaleya said, laying on her back and talking to the ceiling. "...I didn't get a love letter. I've come to expect them eagerly every day now...I love getting them, like wonderful surprises every day that make me feel so special and loved." she sighed with a smile. "But I kept checking my computer yesterday...to the point where I found it difficult to stay in bed at night. But the clock struck twelve and that marked the end of yesterday...I decided to go to sleep. I hope that I get one today. They're so amazing that I don't think anyone will understand how they make me feel..."

"Uhm...okay..." Melody nodded. She did not mind that Yuki suggested her another kimono. It was hard for her to choose anyway since there were so many beautiful colors and patterns. She had chosen the two kimonos because she loved their base colors; light blue and pink, with the floral patterns.

Yuki helped her in the fitting room. She showed her how to put on each kimono and how to wrap them in the process.

...I am going to need help with dressing every time I want to put a kimono on.. Melody thought with a sigh.

She tried on each kimono for least one minute and admired her look in the mirror. When she was done, she decided that the three kimonos were enough. ...otherwise I would end up purchasing the entire store... She thought aghast.

After a while Melody walked to the counter with Yuki, who was holding the three kimonos for her. Melody had also picked a pair of okobo sandals and two pairs of tabi socks.

...I feel like I have been shopping enough here...unless if Reign thinks I have chosen to little... She though, slightly amused. ...Besides there are other things I am going to shop, so it will be a lot of gifts that I am going to bring home... She thought and hoped that Reign would not question her why she only had chosen three kimonos, a pair of sandals and two pair of socks and not more, because she noticed that he had picked many more than she had done.

"I was surprised when you said that wanted to see me." Rosaleya said awkwardly.

"Please, take a seat." Diana smiled kindly, gesturing to one of the bar stools in her kitchen.

"Thank you." Rosaleya replied in the same awkward tone. She wasn't looking forward to spending time with the one demon that everyone seemed to think little of, and who had given her a bad first impression.

"Would you like something to drink?"

"Yes, please." I won't be awkward until she starts acting rude again.

Diana smiled, eager to see Rosaleya's reaction to her drink. She began preparing it as they conversed. "So, how do you like it in the Demon Realm so far?" she asked casually. "You can have some of these if you like." she added, gesturing to the truffles, cookies, and candies on her counter in large jars.

"Oh..." Rosaleya sighed dreamily "...it's like the perfect fantasy world." she said as she opened all three jars and selected one item from each one. "It's so much better than Earth, if I'm being completely honest."

"Oh?" Diana asked rhetorically, with raised eyebrows. "Tell me, what have you been wanting to try since you first visited here, but haven't had the chance to yet?"

"These are delicious!" Rosaleya said after tasting one of the truffles. She pondered Diana's question for a moment. Hmm...There are so many things that I still haven't tried...Maybe I can ask Diana for a pencil and paper? I feel like I may talk too quickly if I just start listing them verbally. Or maybe I will forget one or three in my excitement. Or-

"Just name the first one that you can think of." Diana said gently, handing Rosaleya a red orb. It was the same red orb that she had offered Aislynn.

"What is this?" Rosaleya asked, taking it and examining it with interest.

"Red Orbs." Diana replied. "They taste like one of your favorite foods, and the taste can vary from person to person depending on their individual preferences. But, the orb usually tastes like the favorite food that you are least expecting to taste when you eat it."

"Okay." Rosaleya hesitantly put the orb into her mouth, and chewed slowly. "Oh-" her eyes widened, and she chewed a bit faster. She continued once she had happily swallowed it "-it tastes like dumplings, with the perfect dipping sauce. Can I please have one more?"

Diana smiled proudly, handing Rosaleya another one "I invented these, you know."

"Oh really? That's so creative of you. Good job. They're so cool." Rosaleya praised before eagerly eating the second one. "Mmm...A lox bagel with thinly-sliced red onion and cucumber! I can't wait to see what the drink is like..." she exclaimed. "Thank you so much for these delicious treats."

"So, the thing that you wanted to do...?" Diana reminded her helpfully. The look on her face expressed that she deeply enjoyed Rosaleya's praise and gratitude.

"Oh, right. I wanted to see what a piano lounge was like here. And the opera, symphony, plays and musicals, parks...I haven't gone shopping, yet, so I wanted to see what that was like here. And-"

"My my...You remind me of myself when I first came here. So excited and eager to try everything. Say, how would you like it if I did all of those things that you mentioned with you today?"

Seriously? She's acting so sweet that it feels like that I imagine a mother would feel like. More like what I would wish my mother would be like; eager to please me and eager to hear praise. I know that sounds selfish, but I love the idea of a mother that just wants to see me happy. No marriage-things or over-the-top-expectations-things...I didn't like her question the first time I met her, when she asked why I wasn't talking and only watching everyone else. But now, it feels like she's a completely different person. I love hearing praise, too, so her reactions are fine. She's not boasting too much, I guess. Oh, wait, she's staring at me now...I was supposed to have said something by now! What should I say?

Diana raised her eyebrows curiously "Well?"

"I would love that, but you really don't have to go out of your way for me." Rosaleya said politely. She said it so fast that she nearly stuttered at several points.

"I have nothing better to do until Reign gets back, so really, you would be brightening up my day." Diana said honestly, with a very kind look in her eyes. "For some reason, no one seems to really like me, with Reign as the exception."

That's so sweet...brightening up her day? No one's ever said that before. "Okay." Rosaleya nodded with a smile. "Thank you so much."

"Just don't stop with that lovely praise and all of the 'thank you's'." Diana winked "They are refreshing since they're so genuine. Here." she handed Rosaleya her drink.

Rosaleya smiled and looked into it. Hmm...I've seen this place before... she thought as she looked into her drink. She took a sip. "Mmmm...sushi!" Another sip... "Chocolate-covered strawberries!" she sighed, deeply enjoying it "It's like a good surprise every time!"

"Sit over here with me." Diana suggested with a smile, walking past Rosaleya with her drink to sit on the couch.

"Mmmm...rice krispie treats." Rosaleya exclaimed, taking another sip before moving to sit next to Diana.

Diana took a sip of her drink and then put it down on the table. "We'll go after we finish our drinks. How would you like me to French-braid your hair, hmm?"

"I've...never had my hair in a French-braid before. But I think that it would be nice." Crystal says that she doesn't know how to do one, but I've been curious about the style. I tried...what a frustrating and tiring mess that was. It can only be compared to the time that I tried to curl my hair. I ended up with a mop-like creature on top of my head. She giggled to herself.

Reign stood, placing his book on the chair he had been occupying, and glanced at Melody's items.

"These are lovely." Reign turned to Melody. "But I must ask you not to wear pink in my presence." he said politely. "I greatly detest the colour for personal reasons."

Yuki began adding up the cost of their items on a calculator.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you." Rosaleya laughed. "Today was another amazing day. Whenever I spend the day with demons it's a good day every time."

"Oh, stop." Diana laughed, jokingly feigning modesty while smiling proudly and fanning herself with her hand. "In all seriousness, I'm glad that I could give you such a lovely day." she said seriously, folding her hands in her lap.

Maybe she should have been pride. Rosaleya wondered. But, it's not as annoying as I imagine pride's representative would be. It's actually not that annoying at all. Seriously, though, I think that Diana is a really nice person. And this piano sounds so emotional and professional.

They were sitting in a piano lounge; their last place to visit for the day. The pianist was a handsome man, and he seemed to be playing with genuine emotion. He had a very relaxed look in his eyes, which seldom left the piano keys.

But once, while Rosaleya was admiring him with one of many furtive glances, he looked directly at her. She was so surprised that she looked away immediately, her heart beating quickly. Although the charming look in his eyes remained clear in her mind's eye, as well as the way that the corners of his mouth had tilted upwards in a subtle smile. He knew that I had been watching; but how? Rosaleya wondered.

Diana put an arm around Rosaleya shoulders, and looked her in the eyes. "Are you also curious about everyone's houses? I'm continuing our conversation from earlier in my kitchen."

"Yes. They explain a lot about their personalities." Rosaleya replied, returning to the present time. She's putting her arm around me...why? Although I have to admit, I don't want to shrug it off like I always feel like doing whenever Dad does this. I think that maybe I got a bad first impression of her. She must have been...having a bad day. Or...do female demons get the same thing that human ladies do every month? Either one of those must explain why Diana was acting strange, because she's acting so nice now.

"Who's house is your favorite so far?"

"I have to say...that Asmodeus's house is my favorite, and Nova's is my second-favorite."

"Which houses have you visited?"

"Yours, Asmodeus's, Nova's, Eric's, and Reign's. I'm so curious about Celeste and Dante's, and about Damien's."

"Psh...who needs Damien?" Diana scoffed. "He's so bothersome."

"...Why do you say that?"

"Because I seem to be the fool in most of his jokes!" she flailed her arms in the air in frustration.

"Well, I don't think that you're a bad person at all, or someone to be made fun of." Rosaleya said honestly, with the intention of consoling Diana. "I had a wonderful day with you today, and I would love to spend another day with you whenever you have the time." She had a determined look in her eyes; she really wanted Diana to understand that she didn't feel the way that the others did toward her.

Diana smiled warmly, her anger dissipating instantly. "Why don't you stay the night? I have an extra bedroom; you can access it through a secret passageway."

"...That sounds cool." Rosaleya nodded. "Thank you." She's in love with Reign, so she must be straight, so wouldn't try anything weird. And she's being so nice; I really don't feel like she's faking it. Besides, her house is pretty cool too, so I think that it would be nicer to sleep there than Nova's house. The distance from my room to the bathroom was the only thing that I didn't like about Nova's house, so it was annoying in the middle of my sleep. Navigating long, confusing hallways half-awake is something I would gladly do away with.

Reign counted out the proper amount of yen, and had finished counting before Yuki told him the total. She was surprised at his knack for being one step ahead of her, and began re-counting his yen as another employee delicately folded the kimonos and placed them in two separate boxes; one for Reign and the other for Melody. The sandals and socks were placed in smaller boxes, one for each customer.

Reign thanked all of them, bid them a pleasant day, then picked up his boxes and headed toward the door, with the obvious expectation that Melody would carry hers and follow him. I will carry my own weight, and expect Melody to do the same. The King's servile manner remains his most unlikable trait from my perspective, and I will not follow suite. Reign thought as another employee opened the door for him.
The reasons for his obsequious nature are understandable, but I have no reason to act similarly.

"These are lovely." Reign turned to Melody. "But I must ask you not to wear pink in my presence." he said politely. "I greatly detest the color for personal reasons."

"Oh...I love all colors..." She giggled. "Well, as you wish..." She agreed. ...I actually don't own so many pink colored items, only a few, so it does not matter. I don't really detest or favor any color. I simply love to have things of every color...he said he detest pink for personal reasons...then it means I cannot ask him why he detest pink unless if he choose to tell me one day. And besides this only our third date...I bet he won’t care what colors I wear when we get to know each other better…

Melody blushed deeply when she noticed that she had lost herself in her thoughts meanwhile Reign paid and picked up his boxes, and she hurried to pick up her boxes and getting out from the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back