• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western Chat Club

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Business studies exam in a few days, what happened to Finch? Seems like everyone split up to do their own thing.

MsPolite MsPolite Coolio! If you don't have any ideas, if you just walk by Jeremiah's shop he'll probably try to sell you something. And we could just see where it goes from there. I'm open to some brainstorming if you have any ideas though. He's already in Babylon.

Is anyone else getting double posts? I'm seeing repeats on several threads and want to make sure I'm not going crazy.

Not happening to me but my alerts are acting funny.

Business studies exam in a few days, what happened to Finch? Seems like everyone split up to do their own thing.

Finch trailed off because it was moving slow, however I have ways of tying things back to him, especially with my new character... speaking of which

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Maxim Koloff is ready to go, hot off the press. Let me know if I have to change anything.

I think yall will appreciate him. Hes a pure antagonist. A strict upholder of the corporate order. He may ally with us st some point, however in many situations I can see him working against us.

Not happening to me but my alerts are acting funny.

Finch trailed off because it was moving slow, however I have ways of tying things back to him, especially with my new character... speaking of which

I mean RP wise, Lucy and Levi discussed him like, half an hour ago lol

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Hey I wanted to add a weapon to Jeremiah's arsenal via a plot in character. It's going to be a couple of forearm-length straps that are very thin, and contain a powerful electromagnet. Each functions as a miniature rail-gun capable of firing a rail at 8,270 ft/s but easily fit underneath a long sleeve shirt. Jeremiah is going to set up a meeting with an arm's dealer and not have the cash to pay for the guns, so he's going to steal a pair and also a suitcase full of a couple dozen "Stingers" which fire small projectiles of superheated plasma.

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Hey I wanted to add a weapon to Jeremiah's arsenal via a plot in character. It's going to be a couple of forearm-length straps that are very thin, and contain a powerful electromagnet. Each functions as a miniature rail-gun capable of firing a rail at 8,270 ft/s but easily fit underneath a long sleeve shirt. Jeremiah is going to set up a meeting with an arm's dealer and not have the cash to pay for the guns, so he's going to steal a pair and also a suitcase full of a couple dozen "Stingers" which fire small projectiles of superheated plasma.
Uncultured Uncultured I was thinking if that's what he stole, your character could be the man they send to catch the thief. Which would be my character,
Name: Jeremiah Kusch
Aliases: "Some people call me lots of names when I leave town."
Race: Human
Appearance: Jeremiah is a long, but muscular man. He often can be found in a very unassuming brown leather hat, a tank top beneath a brown and tan poncho, denim pants, some black leather chaps, and a pair of black boots. Across his chest is the only bit of armor he owns, a small energy-field projector. It's able to hand a few shots from your average level laser rifle, enough protection to give him enough time to retreat from a scuffle or duck if he's caught off guard by a would-be assassin. When caught outside he wears a rather low key oxygen mask that extends to the small reinforced tanks on his back. It automatically filters and refills itself from the little oxygen in the air, or steals some from the air in buildings. Without filtering the air it can hold at least 3 hours of oxygen.
Role: Traveling salesman/thief.
Personality: Jeremiah is definitely a two faced individual. On the surface he is very kind and willing to give you the shirt off his back. Should you actually ask for it, however, he will suddenly complain about how chilly it is and tell you to hit him up later. He is a selfish thief through and through. This is not to say he is without morals. He's the steal from the rich give to the poor kind of thief. It's just that most of the time, he sees himself as the poor. He is also very much the salesman. He can sell red rocks to a Khodai. The towns he frequents most often know him well, as he's one of the very few traveling salesman on mars who has a connection for earth food. Because of this they often overlook the scams he tries to run by them. On top of all of this he's somewhat of a coward. He can stay cool and collected right until the guns start firing, and then he tries his hardest to get as far away from the fighting as possible.
Alignment: Neutral
Guns: Two micro-revolvers strapped to each of his wrists are the only guns he keeps on himself day to day. He's a business man. It wouldn't do to intimidate anyone who wants to buy his wares. They hold only three shots each, but those shots are armor piercing and so most of the time a well placed shot is enough.
In the back of the caravan, in a very large case, is what awaits anyone foolish enough to try and stage a home invasion. Inside is a very large,very powerful, anti-tank laser rifle. It's scope itself takes up half Jeremiah's head. It's his trap card should any business deals go south and they chase him all the way back to camp.
Equipment: The Caravan: A modified king-size rover Jeremiah has modified into a traveling shop. The left side drops into a storefront. A curtain of beads separates the storefront from the back where Jeremiah lives. Back there is simply a mattress, some posters, and a couple of pipes and various things to smoke out of them. And the BFG of course.
Other: If you're talking to him he's probably high.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

To be honest that's not really what Maxim is about. Hes kind of a throw back western villain. The "Man from back east" who comes in to clear out the local yokels for the railroad developers (in this case an umbrella corporation named "Vincere" with a wide range of holdings on Mars, from real estate to mining and research/dev) .

Hes like a more evil Pinkerton mercenary blended with a high level corporate beaurocrat.

Hes the guy that hires a bunch of goons to "randomly raid" a settlement that sits on a mineral deposit & only gets his hands dirty when cutting off the loose ends (aka killing the goons that survive from distance with his anti-matter rifle) to stay off the law's radar.

He's focused on large scale social and economic influence through violence, subversion and the abuse of the law, not bringing criminals to justice. If anything a thief/merchant type would be a guy Maxim would seek out as an under the table supplier of illegal tech/weaponry/explosives etc.

Edit

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

I'm angling to make this guy a true antagonist in some cases, probably a guy that's againt our characters sometimes and with our characters sometimes depending on the situation. That means juicing his resources a little to give him weight to throw around. This is tricky territory because

1. I'm kind of creating story elements that you may not want

2. This guy has to have people he can order about & money to throw around. That's a lot of power, some may view this as Marty Stu-ing

If I ever over step, please do not hesitate to stop me. If I ever do anything that may alter the course of the story (like sending a gang of thugs to New Eden that everyone can fight for example only) then I'll DM you first to clear it. It's just tough, mainly because villain/antagonists are usually played by the GM so there's no issues.

Last edited:
Uncultured Uncultured I don't mind you playing a big, string-pulling antagonist at all. Just be careful when playing as Maxim; I'll keep an eye on your posts as him and let you know if he crosses any bounds. I'll also give you some purely GM help by controlling any goons you want Maxim to boss around.
Actually, hey Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture remember that dude you sketched earlier that you wanted a role for? Wanna ally him with Maxim?

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Hmmm... I'll allow him to use the proposed guns for now, as long as either A.) the arsenal increase is temporary, or B.) an equal number of guns already in his possession is lost, if you want the new guns to be permanent.

Uncultured Uncultured I don't mind you playing a big, string-pulling antagonist at all. Just be careful when playing as Maxim; I'll keep an eye on your posts as him and let you know if he crosses any bounds. I'll also give you some purely GM help by controlling any goons you want Maxim to boss around.
Actually, hey Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture remember that dude you sketched earlier that you wanted a role for? Wanna ally him with Maxim?

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Hmmm... I'll allow him to use the proposed guns for now, as long as either A.) the arsenal increase is temporary, or B.) an equal number of guns already in his possession is lost, if you want the new guns to be permanent.

Sounds great! Thanks.

I planned on having him sell the stingers under the table, which is why Uncultured Uncultured 's character might try and hunt him down, however the stealth rail guns will replace his laser micro-revolvers.

so what if jeremiah and Nelly knew each other from way back? and there parents were friends?
Interesting thought. How do you think their relationship would be? I get the feeling Nelly is stronger than him, and more aggressive. Maybe Nelly teases Jeremiah, but they're pretty good friends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back