• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western Chat Club

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Interesting thought. How do you think their relationship would be? I get the feeling Nelly is stronger than him, and more aggressive. Maybe Nelly teases Jeremiah, but they're pretty good friends?
yea there friends, but its kinda a harsh friendship? Jeremiah swindles her, and she's kinda mean to him and so on, but in the end they have known each other since they were kids, and maybe had some short of romance as teens/young adults. but after an event, they went there separate ways as Nelly became hardened and ruthless. we can talk more in pm since i would be releasing details of Nelly's past and bakstory

I'm going to drop out of this roleplay. The pace of the posts is going a little too fast for me, and I don't want to be holding anyone back. Sorry. Should I just write my characters out, or will they just become NPC's for future use for everyone?

I'm going to drop out of this roleplay. The pace of the posts is going a little too fast for me, and I don't want to be holding anyone back. Sorry. Should I just write my characters out, or will they just become NPC's for future use for everyone?
Oh no!
I suppose we can turn them into NPCs, if we have no other option; I really don't want to write them out of the game, seeing as they're such good characters.
It was fun to have you, friend, and I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed. Best of luck in future endeavors.

Thanks.

Oh, I might as well post their history while I'm going. So, long story short: Erica and Jenna Branton aren't their real names. Erica used to work as a private security guard for several years, while Jenna decended into the criminal underground and worked with a mafia as a hacker on the moon. Jenna got greedy, stole some funds from her bosses, and basically had to run to Mars in order to not die, due to the rival mobs, her old mob she pissed off, and the police all going after her. Erica, not wanting to abandon her sister, went AWOL to join her on Mars. They changed their names and hoped the price on their heads wasn't worth the time, energy, and danger of hunting them down.

For anyone interested in the company that Maxim works for. If anything is an issue just let me know capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Vincere Corporation is an umbrella corporation that owns a little bit of everything.

Founded in the early days of human space expansion, the company made its mark by buying up Lunar real estate, especially mineral rich real estate, and reselling after prices were driven up by increasing population and the increasing rarity of land. Using this as a financial springboard they entered multiple other fields. From flight tech, cybernetics, mining, weapons technology, computer tech, shipping/freighting etc. They are involved in everything.

Recently, as the Mars population has grown, Vincere has gone back to their roots, buying up real estate and establishing charter colonies on Mars, angling to dominate the land market on the red planet as they did on the moon.

Thing is, other companies learned from Vincere's lunar strategy. Now instead of it being easy to buy land, even empty plots of wasteland without known mineral deposits have some kind of value because investors believe that, at some point down the line, Mars will be colonized in the same way that the moon was and the land will have value for developers.

Vincere didn't react well to this. Instead of outbidding other companies in a straightforward manner, they've turned to bully tactics and violence, using the lawless nature of Mars as cover for their clandestine operations.

For example, protesters that were trying to petition for a Vincere charter cancellation, were involved in a critical loss of hull pressure when traveling in low mars orbit. The cause of the explosion was never found. In another case, a colony located on a previously unknown cache of rare earth minerals was refusing Vincere's low ball offer. Some months later the charter colony was hit by a raid from a gang of ruthless bandits, leaving none alive. The following market crash in that area allowed Vincere to buy for below what they had offered originally.

This trend of "coincidences" has created a lot of conspiracy theories and a handful of whistleblowers, several of which died in accidents, muggings or from sudden heart attacks.

Vincere controls their own image by influencing the media. Remember that they own a little of everything, including the news stations. Narratives of Vincere being behind various acts of violence/accidents is often swept under the rug, because Vincere has a lot of cache, owning percentages in many media companies.

They're operated by a board of 11 members. If anyone wants names, ask me and I'll hit up a name generator lol.

Their charter colonies sometimes pay their workers in "Vincere Currency". Some have called this a labor abuse because the VC is unusable outside of Vincere charter locations. Speaking of labor violations, their previous CEO was indicted recently on a slew of charges relating to the abuse of workers.

Edit

I'll have a Maxim post up shortly. Still waiting on a reply for me to advance Quinn.

Last edited:
For anyone interested in the company that Maxim works for. If anything is an issue just let me know capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Vincere Corporation is an umbrella corporation that owns a little bit of everything.

Founded in the early days of human space expansion, the company made its mark by buying up Lunar real estate, especially mineral rich real estate, and reselling after prices were driven up by increasing population and the increasing rarity of land. Using this as a financial springboard they entered multiple other fields. From flight tech, cybernetics, mining, weapons technology, computer tech, shipping/freighting etc. They are involved in everything.

Recently, as the Mars population has grown, Vincere has gone back to their roots, buying up real estate and establishing charter colonies on Mars, angling to dominate the land market on the red planet as they did on the moon.

Thing is, other companies learned from Vincere's lunar strategy. Now instead of it being easy to buy land, even empty plots of wasteland without known mineral deposits have some kind of value because investors believe that, at some point down the line, Mars will be colonized in the same way that the moon was and the land will have value for developers.

Vincere didn't react well to this. Instead of outbidding other companies in a straightforward manner, they've turned to bully tactics and violence, using the lawless nature of Mars as cover for their clandestine operations.

For example, protesters that were trying to petition for a Vincere charter cancellation, were involved in a critical loss of hull pressure when traveling in low mars orbit. The cause of the explosion was never found. In another case, a colony located on a previously unknown cache of rare earth minerals was refusing Vincere's low ball offer. Some months later the charter colony was hit by a raid from a gang of ruthless bandits, leaving none alive. The following market crash in that area allowed Vincere to buy for below what they had offered originally.

This trend of "coincidences" has created a lot of conspiracy theories and a handful of whistleblowers, several of which died in accidents, muggings or from sudden heart attacks.

Vincere controls their own image by influencing the media. Remember that they own a little of everything, including the news stations. Narratives of Vincere being behind various acts of violence/accidents is often swept under the rug, because Vincere has a lot of cache, owning percentages in many media companies.

They're operated by a board of 11 members. If anyone wants names, ask me and I'll hit up a name generator lol.

Their charter colonies sometimes pay their workers in "Vincere Currency". Some have called this a labor abuse because the VC is unusable outside of Vincere charter locations. Speaking of labor violations, their previous CEO was indicted recently on a slew of charges relating to the abuse of workers.

Edit

I'll have a Maxim post up shortly. Still waiting on a reply for me to advance Quinn.
Hmmm. I like a lot of the ideas present here; they offer some real-life flavor to the game. Kinda remind me of some of the 1860s-70s Gilded Age politics and all that.
What I'm not so sure about is the whole "buying up Martian real estate" angle, mainly because, well, Martian real estate isn't exactly the most lucrative business. How about, instead, the Vincere Corporation allies itself with the Gov in the funding of fledgling colonies as joint backers of the project? That way, they can weave their influence into the colonies from the ground up, firmly implanting themselves there with plenty of propaganda to back them up.
Other than that one issue, I love it, bully tactics, exclusive currency and all. We could have Babylon Colony be their greatest success. The law in their pockets, the militiamen on their payroll.

Hey-o, fresh meat here.

I've been reading the IC and OOC thread for a past 24 hours, and I can now confidently say I have read every snippet of text.

That was a wild ride, especially with Funeral and Nemo leaving which I didn't realize until I read the OOC.

I am planning to make a scavenging alien and a therapist bot, and would love to make an antagonist after I get past my two character limit by posting.

It's been exciting watching the post times go from absolute values, to days of the week, to relative values, and then finally to just timestamps. Look forward to joining!

and yes I know that I didn't post in the interest thread I was too interested to bother

Hmmm. I like a lot of the ideas present here; they offer some real-life flavor to the game. Kinda remind me of some of the 1860s-70s Gilded Age politics and all that.
What I'm not so sure about is the whole "buying up Martian real estate" angle, mainly because, well, Martian real estate isn't exactly the most lucrative business. How about, instead, the Vincere Corporation allies itself with the Gov in the funding of fledgling colonies as joint backers of the project? That way, they can weave their influence into the colonies from the ground up, firmly implanting themselves there with plenty of propaganda to back them up.
Other than that one issue, I love it, bully tactics, exclusive currency and all. We could have Babylon Colony be their greatest success. The law in their pockets, the militiamen on their payroll.

Agreed, let's do it.

Agreed, let's do it.
Nice.

Hey-o, fresh meat here.

I've been reading the IC and OOC thread for a past 24 hours, and I can now confidently say I have read every snippet of text.

That was a wild ride, especially with Funeral and Nemo leaving which I didn't realize until I read the OOC.

I am planning to make a scavenging alien and a therapist bot, and would love to make an antagonist after I get past my two character limit by posting.

It's been exciting watching the post times go from absolute values, to days of the week, to relative values, and then finally to just timestamps. Look forward to joining!

and yes I know that I didn't post in the interest thread I was too interested to bother
<initiates the "Welcome to our Club" song from that one episode of SpongeBob>

Hey-o, fresh meat here.

Welcomeeeeeee

Hey-o, fresh meat here.

Welcome. I just started too, so if you wanted to hop in on a developing story arc with that scavenger alien it could fit in with what I'm doing over in Babylon. Me and MsPolite MsPolite are going to be staging a heist and perhaps we could flee to some nearby ruins where we might run into your character. (Jeremiah would be terrified and instantly run and hide from him. Nelly, maybe not. Would you be interested in pursuing that story arc MsPolite MsPolite ?)

That sounds perfect actually, that would be a nice setup.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be at a waterpolo clinic (just a fancy really long practice) from now until 6 hours later, but I'll get right on making my characters then!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

That sounds perfect actually, that would be a nice setup.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be at a waterpolo clinic (just a fancy really long practice) from now until 6 hours later, but I'll get right on making my characters then!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
No worries, our characters haven't even discussed our plan yet so you've got time.

Goodness there's a lot of characters in this RP! Not sure quite where to get started.
Well, some of the characters on the player roster haven't yet been played as, so...
In regards to where you can start, the Martian wastes are available for traversing, and Babylon Colony is open for business. New Eden Colony's a bit crowded at the moment.

And I'm back, getting started with my characters.

I'm assuming as a scavenger, my Khodai would have less social standing than say, a warrior or Mother guard?

And for my Robotic Therapist, would it be OK if he could easily pick up on the general emotions of a target human, as well as get a very basic understanding of what they might do next (flee, steal- but not flee out the door and to the left, or steal the gold coin on the corner of the table with sleight of hand).

Well, some of the characters on the player roster haven't yet been played as, so...
In regards to where you can start, the Martian wastes are available for traversing, and Babylon Colony is open for business. New Eden Colony's a bit crowded at the moment.

Alright! I've been thinking of having an Outlaw character? I was thinking of PMing you the details once I made up my mind

And I'm back, getting started with my characters.

I'm assuming as a scavenger, my Khodai would have less social standing than say, a warrior or Mother guard?

And for my Robotic Therapist, would it be OK if he could easily pick up on the general emotions of a target human, as well as get a very basic understanding of what they might do next (flee, steal- but not flee out the door and to the left, or steal the gold coin on the corner of the table with sleight of hand).
Nice. Lookin' forward to them.
For the Khodai, yes. Scavenger-Underlings have lower social standing than Devils (military leaders and clan territory protectors) or even other Underlings. They're the bottom rung of the caste ladder.
And for the therapist bot, understanding human emotions and logic-based behavioral prediction are fully within artificial intelligence capacity.

Alright! I've been thinking of having an Outlaw character? I was thinking of PMing you the details once I made up my mind
Sounds good. PM away, chap.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Avari Avari CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Camden Camden hey guys I’ll be posting tonight sorry for responding late, at to pertaining to the heist I’d love to do it, and I think we could do one better and make it an oceans 13 esque heist with us 5 plus and minus a few, be a good way for the newbs to get into the rp too! What do y’all think? (Also I think Avari Avari character would fit really well in this lil arc)

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Avari Avari CerpinTaxt CerpinTaxt Camden Camden hey guys I’ll be posting tonight sorry for responding late, at to pertaining to the heist I’d love to do it, and I think we could do one better and make it an oceans 13 esque heist with us 5 plus and minus a few, be a good way for the newbs to get into the rp too! What do y’all think? (Also I think Avari Avari character would fit really well in this lil arc)

Ahh, I fear Lucy is a little too preoccupied and too far away for this I'm afraid. After she wraps up her work in Eden and goes to Babylon however, I'm sure she might be able to assist in some sort of highly audacious plan in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back