• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western [ALWAYS OPEN!]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

capMARVELOUS

Acclaimed* Light Novel Author Tatami Enjo
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
e0298d26bee8c266e303ae5e0f448b74.png

It's the future. Not as distant as you might think, but not as close to today as you might think, either.
Mankind has made significant advancements in spacefaring technology. Travel between planets is much faster; where planet-hopping used to take seven months, it now takes seven hours. Atmosphere producers have been created, though they can only produce enough atmosphere to cover small areas. These two advancements have paved the way for the logical next step in history:
Colonization.
Mars is home to several Earth colonies, but they are a far cry from Earth civilization. The harsh desert environment makes life tough. Breathable air is only found in buildings. Lawlessness runs wild. And ever lurking on the horizon is the shadow of aliens that might not take a shine to humans encroaching on their property.
It's your job to make your way in this new era.

THE FRONTIER: A Space Western
Interest Group | Main Gameplay Thread | Character Factory | Chat Club

Welcome to The Frontier: A Space Western. Where history meets fantasy.
Pack your helmets.
It's going to be a wild ride.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Frontier is an open-world, sandbox-esque roleplay, combining aspects of science fiction and wild west into one glorious mishmash, the type of which has been properly done only by Firefly and Borderlands before. Throughout the course of the game, players can gamble in seedy saloons, ride rovers across Mars' dunes, instigate shootouts with laser guns, fend off savage aliens, and uncover mysterious mysteries.
Friendships will be made. Alliances will be tested. Bonds will be broken. And that one guy in the corner will finally actually spit into the spittoon.

HOW TO PLAY:
This section assumes that you've expressed interest in the Interest Group and made your character(s) in the Character Factory. If you have not done either of those, please do so.
Being a text-based roleplay, the events of The Frontier will proceed through- you guessed it- the players' text. Words are your controls, sentences your actions. Everything that your character does, says, thinks, and feels is described through your writing. It’s like writing a little bit of a narrative every time you post. You are playing the part of your character by writing about them.
Please begin each post by placing your character's name at the top. After that, write your character’s actions, speech, thoughts, feelings, etc. Many people prefer to write these in the third person, but some write in the first person. You are free to write in whichever person you feel comfortable with. If interacting with other players' characters, tag the player(s) of the characters at the bottom of your post, as shown below. This will make it easier for everyone to keep track of who's interacting with who.
( capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS )
Repeat the process for each of your characters, if you have more than one.

OTHER ASSORTED RULES:
1.) All RPNation policies apply.
2.) Even in a world full of advanced technology and space stuff, logic still applies. I can't stress this enough.
3.) As characters, you can be as much of an asshole to other characters as you want, but as players, please be respectful to your fellow players.

TAKE LUCK, AND WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.
9-20-19-1-12-12-12-5-22-9-19-6-1-21-12-20​

Zer0

The roaring blast of Omega as it sent a massive projectile towards its target echoed far throughout the area that surrounded it. Zero was surprised as the giant bullet missed the bounty that he selected as a target. The unsuspecting fool was now fully aware that he was being hunted, leading to him quickly riding out of the area at full speed. The area itself was nothing more than the typical barren wasteland that was devoid of all life. Zero had found himself a spot of higher elevation to use. He knew that the man rode through these parts regularly to conduct his business. But now that he had failed in killing him, he was afraid that he had lost his only chance to collect the massive bounty on him. Before he could take another shot, he had detected something wrong with his weapon. He got up from his lying position to get a closer look at the massive weapon. He noticed that the scope was misaligned from where the barrel was pointing very slightly, by mere degrees. However, he knew that a few degrees up close could mean lots, the further the bullet travels. With him relying on his aim to hunt down targets at long ranges, this was absolutely unacceptable.

DLPwP3sUQAA-MPq.jpg
He lifted his gun and got up, with him setting it on the ground. He then looked at the lifeless landscape once more before slinging Omega across his shoulders and turning around to walk to his rover. He decided that he would go back to the colony and find a place where he could get a few repairs. It would be best to have an overall maintenance check rather than a simple fix so as to prevent any more systematic errors from interfering with his job. A slight sense of disappointment was prevalent due to him not being able to detect the misalignment himself. It had been more than a week since he had his last contract where he had to hunt down targets like this. But that was no excuse from mere incompetence. And being incompetent was the last thing he wanted.

Getting on his rover, he started the engine and began driving. His destination was the "New Eden Colony". He was quite new to the town himself. It had only been a day or two before he had arrived, with him finding the bounty there as well. It seemed to be quite a nice settlement. But it was nothing too spectacular. Or at the very least, he himself did not find it to be that way. He instead found it funny how it was called Eden, with how the entire planet could be comparable to hell itself. He wondered how life where one did not have to so violently fight for one's life would be. However, it was most certainly not one that he wanted. Now that he had tasted the thrill of hunting another person down and ending their life, he did not want anything else. Being offered money and a livelihood for doing so was a nice bonus.

He started to speed up as the town was not in sight, with his compass which was attached to his rover, telling him that he was driving to the correct location. Compasses were admittedly worse on Mars than on Earth due to the smaller size of the planet leading to it having a weaker magnetic field. It was still somewhat correct enough to base travels on. And there it was. The view of the city from a far off distance like this was one that he had seen already, when he was arriving for the first time. The only difference between him now and him then was that he was much more tired as he had not even slept or properly rested once. It was a bad habit really. Forgetting about food, sleep and other things that are required for life and instead just continuing to work. He did have quite the bit of money to spend. It would be wise for him to find some place to stay for a short while as his weapon was getting fixed. Those mechanics and whatnot in big cities like these really took their time which did anger him sometimes. Especially when the repairs were sloppily done.

He drove around in the town in the search for the repair place of the town. He was given very vague directions from very questionable people. But with him being quite the shifty character, who was he to judge? Apparently, the place was run by a mechanic woman whose sister ran a tavern which was right next to the repair place. The buildings were described as being quite attached to each other, with him being confused as he was not aware of the literal meaning. It did hit him once he found the two buildings next to each other. It seemed weird and a little off putting to have a place of rest next to a place where heavy machinery and loud tools would be used. However, with how loud the average buffoon that traveled these lands was, he doubted if that slowed business down at all. The "Touch of Life" as it was called. And next to it, "Jenna's Gear and Robot Repair". How creative, thought Zero. He was not even sure whether "Gear and Robot" encompassed firearms. But he really didn't give a shit, repair meant repair. He parked his rover, turning the engine off and then taking out the keys. He then stared down the place before walking towards the building.

Zack Hall(Yes, THE Zack Hall)

Emilia runs up to Zack, "Zack you are so awesome and amazing. You manage to kill all those bandits and stop the corrupt sheriff. And I cant believe how handsome you are."
"You're not so bad yourself" Zack replies.
"Zack, run away with me. Every morning when I wake up and before I open my eyes, I think to myself, "I hope Zack's face is next to me. I want his face to be the first thing I see when I wake up every morning" Come away with me my love. Their exists no one as handsome and great as you anywhere else" Zack holds Emilia, "You speak nothing but the truth my love. People think it's easy being this handsome. It's hard knowing that when I walk down the street or go to the store, every girl has fallen in love with me. Love at first sight. And knowing they can't be with me, it turns their world upside down. It's my own fault for being so cute"
Emilia responds, "Zack, when I saw your face, I remembered that love is real. Your beautiful face made me believe in love again"
"Yes my face does do that" Zack responds. "Let us go Emilia. I'll raise Caleb as my own and we'll have triplets: Billy, Zack Hall the Second, and Val. Come my love"
Zack and Emilia Hall leave in the sunset.

The credits roll as an acoustic guitar begins playing some simple chords before a singer comes in singing the praises of Zack Hall: "Wonderfuuuuuuuul, they call him Mr. Wonderfuuuuuuuuul, you know he is so wonderfuuuuuuuuul, and he knows it toooooooooooo"
"Starring Zack Hall" is the first line of the end credits.

Blinding lights. Gold everywhere. Zack Hall is awake. Awake after dreaming of the ending of his latest movie before coming to Mars. It was another classic Western Action movie which ranks highers than The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Tombstone, or any other well known Western movie. He lifts his right hand to shield his eyes but another hand inside the vehicle raises up and blocks the sun for him. "One of your 1,001 duties as my assistant is to block the sun from my eyes whenever I decide to take a nap during the day.............. whatever your names is. Do you know what kind of damage the sun can do to my skin?"
"I'm so terribly sorry Mr. Hall I'm so sorry. Please forgive me I-" the assistant is interrupted by a voice. "We have arrived Mr. Hall. New Eden Colony"

Zack Hall looks out the window and takes in the sights. "The name Zack Hall will be everywhere, it will be as big here as it is on Earth. A gift to this planet and these people that I'm sure they will treasure for the rest of their lives" he thinks to himself.
"Where to Mr. Hall?" the driver asks.
"Excuse me" the assistant speaks to the driver, "Zack Hall only speaks to me, super models, Presidents, and Kings and Queens" he says. He looks at Zack Hall, "Where to Mr. Hall?" He asks.
"Take me where all the action, beautiful girls, and good times are in my movies, the saloon" he says.
"Touch of Life it is" calls out the driver.

Erica Branton

It was a slow business day for Touch of Home. Only a half-dozen people were in the place, a couple of people spread through the bar while the rest were gambling at the far side of the room. Botsy and Robecca were floating by the customers, ready to serve them if needed. Tina Candice manned the kitchen alone, slowly cooking a large hunk of meat for the evening special. The rest of the Crew were currently on their charging platforms, waiting to be activated by Erica. Erica, meanwhile, organized the liquor on the wall, shifting some recently popular items towards the center of the bar. A slow, peaceful day, Erica thought to herself. These days never last.

Funeral Funeral

****​

Jenna Branton

Jenna observed the vacuum chamber in the back of her shop. Purple smoke poured out of a mask located in the center of the room. "Status report," she said to her computer.

"Air seal at 68% effectiveness," her computer responded.

Jenna sighed. "Recycle the air and unseal the chamber," she instructed. The mask struggled to maintain a seal, if it unfolded correctly. If the mask's seal was perfect, it couldn't form fast enough or jammed during unfolding.

"Ending test," the computer said. "Alert: someone in town has been inquiring for gear repair. This person is now approaching the shop."

"Acknowledged," Jenna said as she walked towards the counter. She stood at the front counter, face blank, as she waited for this person to enter the shop.

The shop's walls were lined with both standard gear and her own custom pieces. The back wall contained several firearms behind a security screen. A door to the Touch of Home was on the wall to the right of Jenna and to the left of the entrance.

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Zack Hall(Yes you read that right, THE Zack Hall)

"No, no, no, take a picture of me from this side. Yeah right there" Zack Hall can be heard speaking outside of Touch of Home. The door slowly opens and flashes of light accompany a figure stepping through the door. A tall 6 foot 6, 295 lbs muscle bound man enters the room. Dressed from head to toe in the most expensive fabric available, he steps inside with his assistant standing to his left taking pictures of him. "The first time Zack Hall stepped on Martian ground, it definitely deserves to be preserved for all future fans of Zack Hall from Earth and this planet" he says.
PicsArt_03-24-09.37.17.jpg

He waves off his assistant. "Unload my things and wait for me" he says to him.
He steps inside the center of Touch of Home and lifts up his head. "No need to adjust your eye sight. Yes it's me, Zack Hall. Star of "The Legend of The Handsome Stranger" and "Wanted: For Being Handsome and Equally Dangerous". The stars, moon, and sun have aligned and I'm here" *he flashes his smile*

He walks up to the bar and notices someone standing there with their back turned. "Excuse me, I, Zack Hall, have entered your establishment. But please, no pictures" when the blonde woman turns around as he finishes speaking.
"My first day on Mars and I see a woman more beautiful than any woman on Earth. Tell me darling, are all women on Mars as beautiful as you or is your beauty the kind only found once in a thousand lifetimes? And yes, it is I, the Zack Hall" Zack smiles looking at girl.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

"WALTZ"
"If you don't stop moving, I'm letting you bleed to death" It was times like these that Waltz wished he had the ability to scowl. He had never understood why all his patients always seem to go out of their way to make his job harder, what with all their wincing and constant squirming. And the screaming as well! The screaming was the worst. The man currently lying on his operating table, who was there because he had left the safety on his sidearm off and managed to shoot himself in the calf with it, groaned and whimpered as Waltz dug the forceps deeper into the open wound, searching for the final piece of the bullet which had shattered upon entry. At least he wasn't moving so much anymore, though the constant noise still kept approximately 3.4% of his main processing power occupied, something he noted as a rather irksome distraction.

His scans had revealed the final piece of the puzzle to be especially illusive, lodged deeply inside the main tissue and will require an expert amount of precision to get out, most likely years of practice and nerves of steel. Quite a task for a human doctor. Far easier, however, when your hands are mechanical and you were created specifically for this singular purpose. His patient barely squeaked as he carefully extracted the last piece of shrapnel: a tiny, ugly, jagged little thing now held between the curved ends of his forceps. That was the deal with slug throwers - he thought, dropping the shrapnel into his medical tray and began stitching up the man's wound, needle going in and out at steady rhythm - they always leave a big mess. Laser burns were a far more cut and dried affair.

"You're good to go. I'll send you the bill. Try not to shoot yourself again." Waltz had little use for money really, aside from the maintenance of his "home" and of himself, but it apparently gave the humans comfort to see him as more human than machine, thus the bill was just more of a social thing. "Thanks, Doc. You're the best" His patient mumbled, picking himself up from the operating table. Of course he was, being the only medical professional in town. It was a lot of work, keeping these people alive, really. Waltz waved the man off quickly, he was far too slow to get out, even injury considered. Waltz was due for his weekly maintenance at Jenna's. Unlike humans, he took pride in being precise, and did not like being late.

Last edited:
Zer0

It seemed that the people that had described the "Touch of Life" building being attached to the repair place were wrong. This was due to the fact that the two stores were indeed the same building. It was just something slight that he had noted in his mind. Another thing was that he was going to have to talk to another person in order to explain what the problem with his weapon was. He was slightly worried as the last time he had interacted with another person was long ago. Long enough for him not to remember anything about what he said or why he said it. He did however, remember every single detail of all the bounties that he had hunted. The things he did to find them. Whether he had to get up close and stab or shoot the person or take them down in the blink of an eye from a distance. The face they made upon realizing that a bullet was flying towards them. Their horrible attempts at dodging. And mostly, the screams they made as they dropped dead on the floor. The powerful rounds from Omega meant that he could not hear them make any sort of sound as their heads were turned into a red mist before they could process what was going on half the time.
highnoon_jhin__by_gremdark-d9umkxi.jpg

He stopped to look to his side to see a very large man dressed in what he assumed to be an expensive fabric, his pictures taken by some other person. He spouted orders at them so it appeared that they were his servants or assistants of sorts. The man revealed himself to have a personality and an attitude that Zero found obnoxious. He sighed as he figured that he would have to bear more from this insufferable idiot as he had planned to visit the tavern before. But at the very least, he was right about the fact that the two buildings being next to each other wouldn't slow business down, as the man looked like the generic buffoon with more money than a guy like him should ever have.

He placed his hand at the handle of the door and then turned it, with him walking inside. He looked around to see all of the pieces of equipment and gear that were being sold. A small sense of relief washed over him as he noticed the guns at the back of the store behind protection, meaning that this person could work with weapons. The last thing he noticed was the actual person running the place. It was a woman with blue eyes with green hair that stood on the other side of the counter. The green color was definitely something that she herself had painted. Or was it? Zero was almost sure that green was not a natural hair color for human beings. However, neither was white, and that was the color of his own hair that he was born with. Whatever the case, unless she was a plant of sorts, no part of her body should be green. She was wearing what could be described as the typical mechanic clothing. And with all of her clothes being some sort of brown, he was not surprised why she named the store the way she did. From what he could gather, she was not really one to screw around with the little things and waste any time, getting straight to the business.

Why am I thinking about this? He thought as he realized that he was just awkwardly standing there analyzing her and her store without saying anything or moving. He pulled at the sling of his weapon and started to walk towards the counter. On his way there, he quickly glanced at the door to his left before looking back at the mechanic. He approached the counter and then placed his weapon on it, being as careful as he possibly could. The thing was a giant hunk of metal giving it loads of durability. But he still treated it very gingerly. He then looked up into the eyes of the woman, wondering whether she could see through his goggles. He then pointed at the scope of his sniper rifle. "The scope is misaligned with the barrel by about...2 to 3 degrees. I don't know for sure but I do know that it is misaligned. I need you to make sure that they are perfectly aligned. I also want you to do some maintenance things like...make sure the cylinder isn't jammed or whatever. I need this to be working perfectly and the smallest mistake could be detrimental." He then awaited a response.

Last edited:
LEVI STARK, "THE MAN FROM GALILEE"
He walked into town, not riding upon a rover, for his had been destroyed at the last colony he visited. He was a rather uninteresting sight; his tan-and-gray armor was worn and battered, lacking anything close to a lustrous shine, his poncho fluttered in the wind, his boots left uneven footprints in the red sands. The only things of note about his person were his well-maintained hand cannons, holstered at his hips, and the red scarf that hung from his belt. He was a Yeoman, a wandering hunter, seeking out scum and villainy in exchange for enough credits to get through the next few days.

Ignoring the patrolling militiamen giving him skeptical glances, he approached the bulletin board near the center of town and withdrew from the satchel on his shoulder a worn piece of paper and a thumbtack. Miraculously, there was a small bit of available space on the board, among the personal ads and "help wanted" ads; he stuck his paper to that space. The paper read simply:
Yeoman for hire. Will take any job. Inquire within your colony's local bar.

He stepped back from the board and planted his hands on his hips. He was hopeful that he could get at least one job in at this colony, but that all hinged on the citizens' attitude toward Yeomen. The last colony he had visited had outright jeered when he had arrived, and had been only too glad to see him go; he prayed it wouldn't be the same way here, for he really needed the credits. How much did he have right now? No matter the specific number, it wasn't enough.

He decided to situate himself where his flyer said he'd be. After a brief survey of the colony, the layout of which he devoted to memory right away, he found the colony's bar, situated immediately next to a repair shop. Touch of Home, it was called. He entered, waiting for the airlock door to repressurize before stepping into the bar proper. It was a nice bar: plenty clean, quiet atmosphere. Hopefully his presence here didn't change that anytime soon.

He sat at a vacant, out of the way booth and removed his helmet, taking a deep breath of the new air; one could only take so much recycled suit air before needing a change. His features were as unimpressive as his suit; messy brown hair starting to gray, a square jaw shadowed with beard, and plain brown eyes. Setting his helmet on the table, he reached into his satchel once again and withdrew a book with a worn leather cover. On the cover, in peeling gold leaf, in both English and Russian, was written "The Holy Bible." He opened the Bible and began to read.

Last edited:
Erica Branton

Erica turned around as a new customer started talking to her. He said he was Zack Hall, movie star. He certainly fit the bill; from what Erica remembered of some western movies, this man certainly looked like Zack Hall. And before Erica could respond, he immediately started flirting with her. Then he repeated his name. Erica didn't know whether to be amused or annoyed. "Well, the Zack Hall," Erica said, "it is hard to judge beauty for everyone. Where some see a rose, others see a weed. The only way to tell if a flower is worth keeping is to know the flower itself. Anyway, welcome to the Touch of Home. Can I get you something to drink or eat? Or perhaps you are looking for a place to rest? Whatever you want, I'm sure I can help you."

Meanwhile, Botsy approached the newest customer who came into the bar. Botsy, like the rest of the crew, was about two feet tall, with a cylindrical body, a small head, and simple arms that ended in robotic claws. Botsy's eyes and false mouth lit up when speaking, "Welcome to the Touch of Home. Would you like anything to drink, an appetizer, or a menu?"

Funeral Funeral capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

*****​

Jenna Branton

The man, wearing a large hat, goggles, a bandana, and some sort of advanced battle armor, entered the store and took a moment to look around before looking towards Jenna. He did nothing for several seconds as he examined her. It didn't phase Jenna, who waited patiently for the man to approach. He did not bother to remove any of his headgear as he stepped towards the counter. Jenna palmed her Zapper, waiting for the inevitable robbing. It never came, as the man gingerly set a weapon on the counter and requested a scope alignment and general maintenance. Jenna relaxed, releasing her Zapper and examining the weapon.

"Large caliber rifle," Jenna said aloud as she gently lifted the weapon. "Pretty heavy too. Good scope, decent frame," Jenna frowned as she examined the revolving chamber, "terrible reload mechanism." Jenna set the weapon down. "Scope alignment and general maintenance will cost 55 credits. Time wise, you're looking at somewhere between two to three hours. Scope should be easy enough to align properly, and the better shape your weapon is, the shorter your wait. As this is general maintenance, the gun will be working just as well as the manufacturer intended, no matter how terrible-" Jenna tapped the chamber "-that is. Improvements cost extra. However," Jenna looked away from the gun and towards the man's goggles, "I have an appointment with another customer shortly, which could take several hours. So you are looking at somewhere between four to six hours before your weapon will be ready. And if you find the terms acceptable, you can pass the time next door. Take a number-" Jenna pointed towards a stack of metal cards with numbers etched onto them "-and Erica will give you a discount on food and lodging while you wait."

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect KStrausser KStrausser

Zer0

Jhin face.jpgZero watched as she examined the weapon, describing its features and whatnot. He was taken a bit by surprise upon her describing the chamber as a "terrible reload mechanism." He tilted his head downwards and slightly to the side while looking at the woman with the occasional glance at his weapon. In his mind, the rifle was perfect in every way possible. To have it be criticized like this was certainly new to him. He did sigh at being told that she would be done in two to three hours. He really did not want to go into that bar after that guy at the front went in there. However, it seemed that he had no other choice, as without his rifle, he only had his revolver and his submachine gun to rely on. His aim did carry over to his revolver, making him great at using that as well as his sniper rifle. However, he did get an incomplete feeling without Omega.

He repeated after her as she mentioned how long he would have to wait due to the appointment she had with another customer. "
Six hours?" His tone was one of great annoyance but acceptance. He placed his hand on his rifle and then spoke up. "I'll have you know that there is no "manufacturer" for this weapon." He looked down at the weapon and ran his hand along the barrel. "Its custom-built. When I was choosing the pieces I didn't really take reloading into consideration..." He then looked up at her while getting slightly closer before continuing. "As I do not need to reload." He then slowly retreated back to his original posture. She was most definitely correct about reloading being more difficult with the chamber. "However...I am willing to accept your judgement, seeing how you are...well versed in your craft." A clip would mean that he could fire more bullets, meaning that he could now take extended fights at a longer range. Now he could even shoot up caravans and run away before being hunted down. That was one of the possibilities that came to him along with the idea of a higher fire rate.

"
The cylinder has a capacity of 5 rounds and the caliber is quite large." He reached to one of the shells of the gun he had on his shoulder and took it out. The thing fit the entire palm of his hand. One could easily mistake it for anti-tank ammunition. With everyone wearing advanced battle armor, the caliber was necessary for a weapon that was intended to kill any target in one shot. Zero placed it on the counter and then continued "How much would it cost to upgrade the weapon and give it a more convenient reloading mechanism? I am willing to listen to whatever recommendations you have to offer." At this point, he did not really care about the costs of the weapon. He did not really wear much that would show off his wealth. But he did collect quite the fair bit from his success as a bounty hunter. Well, in some instances he was more of an assassin than a bounty hunter, with him going after just about anybody for the right amount of credit. That explained why he had more credit than the average Yeoman. That also explained why he had to keep moving from place to place. Nobody knew what he looked like because he killed from a distance. His giant gun would be a dead giveaway.

Zack Hall(Wow pinch me I think I'm dreaming)

Zack Hall touches her hand gently and leans in closer, "No darling, the only way to know if a flower is worth keeping is if you hold it in your hand, bring it close to you, and.............." He smiles and looks at her. He takes his hand back quickly, "No darling, our love cannot be right now. Zack Hall, yes I, have come into this town to save you. Well not just you my love, everyone in this colony and Mars itself. Everyone knows about the ruthless martians that inhabit this world and the bandits that are migrating to all the colonies on Mars. Zack Hall will stop all of them and every man, woman, and child will be safe again. And more importantly, my name will be as big on Mars as it is on Earth" he smiles at her then becomes solemn. "So you see why you can't run away with me and wake up to this face every morning, the people of Mars need me first" he looks at her knowing she's in pain. "But I tell you what, no one said you can't dream about me though" he smiles at her.
"By the way can you reserve a room for me angel pie? I have my cowboy outfit that I wore in my film "Wanted: For Being Handsome and Equally Dangerous". This suit is just my Sunday outfit"
He snaps his fingers and 12 men come into the establishment, each with a suitcase larger than a man carrying Zack's things.
"So tell me love, where are all the bad guys in this town? It's a job solely for Zack Hall" he says. "There's a difference between all these bounty hunters and me..............there not Zack Hall" He looks at her with a dramatic look that won him an Oscar which then turns into a smile that won him his second Oscar.

Last edited:
Atticus "Salty" Sprea

Atticus "Salty" Sprea wasn't technically on break, but he wasn't technically not working when he was in his usual corner booth in Touch of Home. His favorite (by default) place to get mildly soused while he sized up the community. His gaze darted sharply between the amber liquid in his glass to the gentle murmur of activity in the local saloon. The solemn burden of maintaining peace in New Eden had been thrust upon him, after all. How could he be expected to know all of the seedy comings and goings without visiting the bar? And what better way to broadcast the fact that you were a Militiaman than by not getting drunk at the bar? So, really, it would be a gross abdication of his responsibilities as a lawman if he were to remain sober.

Salty tilted the glass against his face with a small grin. It burned pleasantly on his chapped lips and on the way down his gullet. Mars was a desert, he really should be drinking more water.

His gray eyes loomed out of his wrinkled eye sockets, glittering like cold flint as he absorbed all of the details around him. It was mostly the usual collection of local undesirables and drunks dotted with a few more remarkable characters. He caught the unmistakable red of a Yeoman as he entered the bar sullenly and sat down at a conspicuous booth and started reading an old book. He stuck out like a sore thumb, but Atticus suspected that this was his goal. Those men didn't eat without the income from their grisly commissions. He was silently flying his flag. Tough fuckers, those Yeomen. Unfortunately, as with all tough fuckers, they tended to draw wannabe tough guys who would flex and break things and then probably end up hurt and possibly dead. He took another sip as he kept scanning.

Hey, wasn't that Zach Hall?

Last edited:
His attention was diverted from his Scripture passage by a small robot, asking whether he would like to order. Had he been a much softer man, he would have found the little robot waitress cute. He nodded his head politely. "Two shots of Jim Beam and a glass of milk, if you please," he said. His voice was rough and gravelly, exactly the sort of voice you'd expect to come from a rough and gravelly-looking fellow.

LUCY VALENTINE

bssgsg.png

WAREHOUSE 672

“Are you alright darling, you’re looking sort of flustered?” Lucy Valentine asked the veritable mountain of a man that was sitting opposite her. His meaty face was scrunched in concentration as he examined his cards yet again, a tiny pearl of sweat that had been growing on his temple for some time was getting treacherously close to running down his thick set cheeks. The air was filled with smoke from his cigars.

“Shut it,” He growled. His dark eyes flickered from his cards to the table, where a small spluttering hologram displayed the amount of credits in the pot. A sizable bounty than even a successful mobster like Tony “Iron-Bull” Finch couldn’t stand to lose.

Lucy lent back in her own - rather uncomfortable - chair, fluttering her own cards like a fan - as if she was a French aristocrat playing coy. Despite the drafty warehouse she had found herself in, she was wearing a rather skimpy scarlet red dress that showed just the right amount of cleavage - she made it an art form really - and judging by the constant furtive looks she was getting from Tony’s men who were watching from a distance, her usual seductive aura was doing its magic. They hadn’t noticed her switching cards yet.

And they certainly hadn’t noticed the gun she had managed to stick to the underside of the table.

Another long silence followed, only the sound of the occasional distant shuttle echoing throughout the area. Truth be told, Lucy hadn’t been best pleased with the choice of venue - she was more accustomed to a slightly classier environment, with things like central heating and carpet; to name a few luxuries. But this was an exclusive invitation by a very interesting - if dangerous man. She had learnt an awful lot about the man over the last few weeks. Tony was the sort of man to usually let his fists do the talking, but he had always had a weakness for games of chance.

A weakness he was currently clearly regretting.

“Sweetie, I don’t mean to be rude but I would like to go home at some point today. I’m missing the Great Galactic Bake off.”

“I said shut it!” Tony roared, and the entire table gave a notable shake at his bellow as Lucy rose a perfectly plucked eyebrow. His men all shifted uncomfortably.

Another tense silence.

“I raise.” He growled. “5,000 credits.”

Lucy rose her other eyebrow. “Oh Tony, I love it when you get all...dangerous.”

“Shut it,” he insisted. His cold dark eyes meeting her inquisitive green, but there was a flicker of victory in his expression. “Enough bullshit. I ain’t losin’ to some hussy like you. And once we’re done here, you’ll be workin’ for me for a very long time.”

“Promises promises.”

He slammed his card downs on the table, grinning.

It was a good hand. Five, six, seven, eight and nine of spades. “Straight flush.”

Lucy blinked and Tony snorted as he folded his muscular arms. And then a small smile played across her lips as she lent forward and showed her own hand.

Ten of spades. Then a jack, a queen, a king and then, with her tongue flirtatiously poking out from her white teeth - an ace.

“Royal Flush. I win, I believe. Sorry handsome.”

The color drained out of Tony’s face as he stared at the cards, each one had seemed to be a stab through the heart.

Lucy giggled as she climbed to her feet, and pulled a small black device out from her bra. A credit chit, used for transferring money.

“Well this has been lovely, darling. I hope we can do this aga-”

As she went to press her credit chit up against the hologram and claim her prize, a pair of heavy oak-thick arms shot out and grabbed her wrists. Lucy gave a small, gasp of surprise - and then of pain as Tony Finch began to squeeze.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He growled. He wasn’t pale anymore - his skin was now an angry violent pruce.

The redheaded woman made an attempt to pull away, but found herself pulled even closer to the mobster.

“C-collecting my winnings?” She managed to gasp out. Her hands had gone completely numb.

“Your winnings?” Tony echoed, sneering. “You think I didn’t know you were tryin’ to cheat me, you bitch? You’re never leavin’ this warehouse!”

Tears welled in Lucy’s eyes as she stopped struggling and instead lent forward over the table. The mobster’s eyes opened wide as he got a full eyeful of what her dress didn’t quite succeed in covering up.

“P-perhaps we can come to...some arrangement Mr F-Finch?” She whispered, her cheeks blushing red.

Tony Finch blinked, and then a hungry leer washed over his face. “Now that’s better. That wasn’t so hard was it?”

He loosened his grip on her arms and went to motion to his men.

*CRACK*

There was a cry of pain from the Mobster as the vixen headbutted him with all her might and he was thrown back in his chair, blood pouring from his broken nose.

“KILL THIS BITCH!” He roared through the blood, holding his face with both his hands.

Lucy promptly dived under the table as the mobsters men cocked their weapons, and she grabbed the small pistol she had stuck to its underside earlier that evening. And then as entire warehouse lit up with gunfire, Lucy found herself wondering if it may have been a better idea if she had worn body armor to this meeting after all.

But even the gangstas had to admit, she looked pretty fantastic.

-------------

Not currently available for interaction, but will be from the next post.

Last edited:
LES had heard gunshots from a warehouse near it's patrol area "A gunfight? Finally." It thought as it ran up to the door, trying the keypad that normally would open the door first "And I'm locked out, of course." LES attempted a few more codes, until finally the keypad gave in to the "emergency, officer needed" one. Once the airlock closed, the mobsters opened fire on LES as well. "Really? No one wants to go quietly?" It asked after barely making it behind some cover: a tipped over and soon-to-be destroyed table. It opened fire on the bandits with it's Komodo shotgun, killing a few of the smaller ones and diverting some of the fire from the girl "Good, didn't want to waste hard-earned money on feeding you until execution anyway!" LES probably wouldn't have let them get to the jail anyway, but at least it sounded good, and may intimidate one or two into surrendering.

LUCY VALENTINE

bssgsg.png

WAREHOUSE 672

Lucy watched with interest from behind her makeshift cover as the mobsters began to scatter or get promptly gunned down by the patrol Robot that had been drawn to the racket like a moth to the proverbial flame.

Since the situation seemed to be...somewhat in hand, she quickly turned her attention to where Tony had been standing - only to see a vacant chair and the man nowhere in sight. No doubt he had fled the moment the firefight had begun. She clicked her tongue in frustration - but there was nothing to be done. Lucy ignored the deafening racket and screams that were happening behind her and instead began frantically searching the nearby floor for her Credit Chit.

She spotted the small black device a few feet away, and quickly snatched it and checked the display.

1000HSC

“Of course." She muttered. Clearly, the transaction for the remaining 14,000 credits must have been halted by Finch before he fled. Still - a thousand credits was near enough what she owed that darling Erica for the last month of lodging and...well. All the booze. That was something at least.

The firing had stopped. Lucy poked her head out from the side of the table - only to see the Patrol robot standing over the bodies of several mobster corpses. The rest, had no doubt escaped. She huffed for a moment, and promptly stuffed the credit chit back down her slightly dirtied dress before quickly messing up her gorgeous dark red hair to give her the appearance of being even more raggled than she actually was and rubbing her mascara to give the impression she had been crying.

Lucy slowly climbed to her feet, with both her hands - which were now heavily bruised - in the air to show she meant no harm.

“H-hello?” She inquired meekly of the robot. “C-can you help me? I don't...know where I am."

---

INTERACTION: Sarah Bear Sarah Bear
MENTION: NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

Last edited:
Erica Branton

Erica grimaced at Zack's overblown attempts at flirtation. He then asked to rent a room as all of his luggage walked into the bar. "Well, if you want to rent a room, it's a flat rate," Erica said. "30 credits. A night. In advance. And if it's bounty work you're looking for, there happens to be a bounty available. How about you get settled in, and then we'll talk about work, okay?"

Bosty, meanwhile, said, "Order confirmed. One moment please." The robot hovered behind the bar, prepared the order, and set the drinks on the table. "Order fulfilled. Please ask if you require anything further. Have a nice day."

Funeral Funeral capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

*****​

Jenna Branton

Jenna said nothing while the man expressed his disdain. However, he certainly seemed eager to have his weapon upgraded. She continued to say nothing while she reached behind her counter and pulled out a rather large revolver handgun, put on a belt with an extra cylinder, then demonstrated how to reload the weapon by changing the cylinder with one hand. "You say reloading isn't necessary," Jenna said, "but you are looking at it wrong. On your terms, you don't have to reload, but you can't always fight on your terms. And if you get a bounty on your head, a posse of six would have one to many to kill." Jenna set the revolver back below the counter. "Or, if you want to use different ammo types, swapping between cylinders is much more adaptable than changing individual rounds. Due to the size, I can get you three for 100 credits and an hour on top of the adjustment and repairs. That's one loaded and two spares."

The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect

Zer0

Jhin Stance.jpgZero was in thought as to whether the new reloading mechanism that she suggested would be better. He weighed out the pros and cons in his mind as he had initially thought that the weapon's new reloading system would replace the cylinders with magazines. However, with the size of the bullet he placed forth, it would be difficult to find a big enough magazine to hold 5 rounds. The part that won him over was how she told him of how he could possibly get a bounty on his head. This was a big possibility as he had previously killed people under the law for big crime bosses in exchange for large amounts of credits. He moved his poncho slightly for her to see Nightfall, his high caliber revolver. He was not one to keep firing to take someone down, believing that he needed a single, well-placed shot. "That's why I keep backup."

This new system brought up by her was a great compromise as the only problem it had was carrying the actual cylinders. He chose a cylinder system in the first place so as to avoid jamming. And shooting from 3 cylinders meant that he could get the convenience of a simple reload while also maintaining reliability. All he would need is from then on would be the occasional clean up from a mechanic to keep the gun running smoothly and he would be good to go. "
Your idea does sound reasonable to me regardless of that fact. Any upgrade that maintains the large caliber is sufficient. 100 credits it is." He then grabbed one one the metal cards with his index finger and his middle finger and then started walking away while inspecting the thing. "I'll see you in a bit then." He then tipped his hat to her before opening the door that lead to the Touch of Life and entering the building.

He stood by the door with the card in his hand, taking in the place. It was a nice, cozy tavern that he could see himself resting in really. He caught the glare of some, heavily armored guy downing whisky in the corner. Good thing his goggles made it a bit more difficult for people to read where he was looking, especially from afar. He then looked at another, heavily armored person holding a book. He seemed much more run down and...more tired, than most. It took him a while, but Zero recognized the book as being the Bible. He himself was never one for religion and superstition. Deciding to move over to the bar and get a drink, he absentmindedly started walking forward until he came to a seat that was right next to the loud guy he saw earlier. Zero sighed as he turned to the side and walked to a farther seat before sitting down. He then tapped the counter of the bar in order to get the bartender's attention. He placed the card onto the counter as she arrived, with him thinking of what he could order. "Hmm...do you serve tea here? Or maybe some juice...or a soda. And what snacks do you have here? Anything salty? Like...like peanuts?" He was very indecisive with what he wanted which lead to him going from one idea to another. He spoke in a much more different tone than the one he had when he was talking about the gun, an area where he was knowledgeable to an extent. He was also completely oblivious to how his choices of drinks were all considered casual things and had no alcohol. He really hated drinking much alcohol with him being lightweight with it. That could change the way people perceived him. But satisfying others was his last concern.

Zack Hall(Wow this is like a dream, Zack you're really here)

"As you wish, my queen" Zack Hall responds to Erica. "Oh and another extra 50 credits just because of that smile of yours" he says.
Zack stands up and motions for his people to carry his baggage upstairs. "On second thought, I think I'm going to take a look around, maybe take some pictures and give some autographs. I'm sure the people on Mars love Zack Hall just as much as the people on Earth" Zack thinks to himself.
He noticed someone that was next to him briefly and then took up a few seats down. After he finishes ordering, Zack speaks to the man, "No need to be intimidated by a big star such as myself, Zack Hall sometimes likes to spend time with the common people. I do thank the little people whenever I win an award after all" he says with a smile. "My angel(Erica), whatever he's having it's on me."

Zack takes a look around and notices the inhabitants that currently reside in here. A man, alone, sitting in a both by himself in silence. "What on Earth is he doing? Is that......is that a book? What kind of a person reads a book when they can just wait for the movie to come out. A movie starring me, Zack Hall" he thinks to himself and smiles. He walks past him and notices someone else in the establishment that also stands out.
Heavily armored and taking shot after shot. "If I lived in a world where Zack Hall wasn't in it, I would drink too" he thinks to himself.

Zack stands in the middle of the tavern and addresses everyone inside.
"Ok. I'm sure everyone in here by now has noticed that Zack Hall is indeed here. So here it is: no autographs if I'm busy with my hair or talking to an angel like the one over there *he points to Erica in front of everyone*, no pictures after sunset, and if you're giving one of your "Your movies are so great and changed my life" speeches try to keep it under 2 minutes.
Zack Hall is here to make sure you're all safe and can get married, have kids, and have a white picket fence..........actually when I'm done dealing with all the bad guys that doesn't sound too bad. Erica what do you think about that darling? Hold that thought. Zack Hall will be dealing with all the aliens, bandits, everyone to make Mars a safe place. The rest of you just live normal peaceful lives and stay out of my way. Now, unless any of you have anything to add, I will now head to my room and make sure I didn't forget to pack my 'Best of Zack Hall Vol. 18' Blu-ray"

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Locomotive Locomotive

"Thank you," Levi said to the robot, before it scuttled away. He watched it as it left, then turned his attention to his three drinks. Two shots of Jim Beam and a glass of milk. To some, it seemed an odd selection, but he was not some, and he liked it.

He threw back a shot and followed it with a long sip of milk. The bitter, burning alcohol contrasted sharply with the cold, creamy milk. He coughed; he had always had trouble consuming hard liquor, which was why he only drank it in small doses. He downed the second shot and followed it with another sip of milk. Again, cough.

Some strains of the conversation at the bar caught his ears. The barmaid mentioned something to the burly man in expensive clothes about there being rooms and a bounty available, which piqued his curiosity. But she seemed to have her hands full at the moment; he'd inquire further when he went to pay his tab.

Before returning to his Bible, he heard a door open, and glanced up to see who or what had caused it to open. From a far wall, he observed a masked man in goggles emerge from the adjacent establishment. The bar and the repair shop were connected, apparently. That was good to know. The man with goggles scanned the room, and for a brief second, seemed to rest his gaze on Levi. He returned the gaze with one of his own, and when the goggles turned elsewhere, he did, too. That elsewhere was his Bible again, trying to ignore the burly man who was prowling around the bar now.

That ability to ignore was now being put to the most extreme of tests as the burly man loudly addressed the entirety of the Touch of Home. The man stated multiple times that he was "the famous Zack Hall," and that he was here to protect the little people of the colony. Despite himself, Levi scoffed quietly and shook his head. Zack Hall was obviously a narcissistic bungler who couldn't even safeguard his own left nostril. And he had the audacity to tell the professionals to stay out of his way? It should really have been the other way around.

In perhaps a real fit of irony, the verse Levi focused on as Zack gave his tirade was Proverbs 16:18: "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Last edited:
"H-Help... Me!" A loud gunshot could be heard from the entire warehouse, as LES crouched down and checked the pulse of another, already dead bandit before taking their credit chips and any ammunition compatible with it's weapons, then took their guns "One moment, civilian. I will be with you momentarily" The automaton finished looting the bandits and began scanning the area. "Hmmm. Poker chips and other gambling equipment detected, probably was on the table you were just using for cover." Now LES was wielding not his Komodo, but his 45. Revolver, probably why the shot was so much louder than before.

"I calculate a 75% chance that you had this set up. The other bandits most likely did not possess the intelligence needed to set up something as complex as a gambling ring, despite it being their tendency to attempt such things." Obviously a lie, but LES always underestimated bandits and other such scum. It waited a moment so that it could scan the woman's face, detecting multiple signs of stress, but also a small possibility of lying. "Gambling outside of a properly licensed building is illegal, not to mention this building is off-limits for normal civilians... But I suppose I could let you go, you did help me thin out these... Defective humans. Here, should cover any bounty they may have had." LES gave the girl one of the bandits credit chips, which contained 500 HSC, and offered a hand to help the woman up.

LUCY VALENTINE

WAREHOUSE 672

"Oh, well aren't you the sweetest little thing?" Lucy gushed happily stuffing the chit down her cleavage - she really must get something with pockets next time - and beamed at the robot as she brushed off her dress. She had seen a few of its sort in her travels but never one quite so...animated. It was too early to tell if it was truly autonomous. "You LES class droids are usually so droll, but you're positively sparkling dear. You're smashing."

Then she winced, and grabbed her wrist. The bruising was actually becoming rather bad and she had trouble squeezing her fingers. Finch had been remarkably strong - too strong. No doubt he had some sort of augments in his arms.

"Well as you say darling, normal civilians have to no place here. I'll just scoot my little self off to the local clinic and get my arm checked. I can't thank you enough for your kindly intervention. Do you have an owner? I'll have to send them a fruit basket."

INTERACTION Sarah Bear Sarah Bear

OUT FOR MAINTENANCE. BE BACK SOON. IN CASE OF EMERGENCIES, JUST WAIT.

The cardboard sign was hand painted, suspended by a rope swinging from the outer airlock door. The way Waltz saw it, most humans were far too impatient, entitled and prone to panic. The majority of "emergencies" often turned out to be no more than stubbed toes or a broken bone or two. He did not fancy what was essentially his "break" time being interrupted by another particularly bad paper-cut.

No, he was not resentful. Resentment was not part of his programming. If it was actually an emergency, they knew where to find him.

Besides, Waltz's own well-being was theirs as well. He could only wonder what would happen if the only proper doctor in town suffered a malfunction, a thought that would send chills down his spine if he actually had a nervous system. Wrapping his poncho around his torso and straightening his hat, the mechanical doctor began making his way towards Jenna's. As far as humans went, Miss Branton was... not so bad. She did a decent job of keeping his systems from breaking down and did not drone on as much as most other humans while she did it - straightforward, precise. Frankly, he had almost come to like her. Of course, that was not part of his programming either. Or at least, he was at least 76% certain it wasn't. He had no way of looking at his own source code, though Jenna perhaps, could.

An interesting thought, he noted as he entered the repair shop, though it was not the first time it had crossed his mind. His reprogramming, his past... was irrelevant. A waste of time otherwise well-spent. "Good day, Miss Branton. I've come for my scheduled maintenance, just an oil change and a systems scan - the usual. My apologies for the lateness" Waltz began unwrapping his poncho, idly noting the high caliber rifle that laid on the counter. Scope misaligned, terrible reload mechanism, probably kicks like a mule. How he knew that, he did not know - another ghost in the machine. Strangers in town, though, he noted, which meant someone was probably going to get shot soon a.k.a, more work for him. He would sigh if he could. "A bounty hunter's rifle, that, I presume?"

Last edited:
Many thoughts raced through the machine's mind as the woman said what she had to say. Firstly, her words seemed nearly flirtatious as bubbly as they were. Most humans, especially after a gunfight, wouldn't be so cheerful, let alone waste their feelings on a robot. "You LES class droids are usually so droll." "So she's seen more of me before..." The machine thought to itself. Interesting, LES robots were rarely seen off of earth, but it was far from impossible for someone to come across one way out here. Then, the part of conversation that had to happen at least once with every humaan: Who is your owner, or, in this case, do you have an owner. LES took some time to take all of this information in before answering "I do not have an owner. I was programmed to be quite adaptable, and can function without orders easily. I cannot give you an escort to the clinic at the moment, but I am sure you know how to handle yourself." It wasn't lying, someone had to clean up this mess, and taking care of bandit bodies was one thing LES knew how to do...

LUCY VALENTINE

WAREHOUSE 672

“Ah, perhaps we’ll meet again at the Red Dawn darling!” Lucy sang as she practically began to strut towards the main entrance to the warehouse. “You have fun now. Don’t get lost in the shuffle.”

------

A few minutes later, Lucy was sitting alone, deep in thought in the back of a public Transport Shuttle. It was a fairly cramped vehicle, with space for 12 people and used for quick travel across the Colony without need for full atmosphere suits. Mercifully, the shuttle was fairly empty - only a pair of young militiamen sitting at the front (With whom she favored with a sly wink before sitting herself down.) so she had space to collect her thoughts.

The redhead reached into her dress and grabbed a small black mobile phone-like device. She tapped the screen with her good hand and the screen flickered into life.

<--- WELCOME TO THE NEW EDEN BULLETIN BOARD --->

<---YOU ARE LOGGED IN AS “YEOMAN: NINETAILS”--->

<---PLEASE SELECT AN OPTION--->

Lucy idly spent a few minutes scrolling down the screen, which contained all the information colony citizen would require. Local news reports - as well as the main headlines from Earth. Current weather warnings, atmospheric readings and militia reports. A new Yeoman in town looking for work - he could get in line as far as Lucy was concerned - The local news was currently chirping about reports of a Earth movie star by the name of Zach Hall making the rounds - which Lucy rose an eyebrow at in interest - before swiping across to what she had grabbed the device for:

<---CURRENT BOUNTIES--->

The local militia actively paid Yeoman and enthusiastic amateurs for taking down criminals that had successfully evaded the police and military. Not due to incompetence on their part usually, but more due to lack of resources and personnel to effectively police the entire colony. Employing Bounty Hunters was a fairly cheap and effective measure. Lucy inspected the names that flashed up - a list of New Eden’s most wanted, and at the top with a rather exorbitant sum attached to his name:

NUMBER ONE MOST WANTED: TIM “THE IRON BULL” FINCH.
WANTED FOR: HUMAN TRAFFICKING, ILLEGAL TECH USE AND MURDER.
WANTED: DEAD.

He had been the top man on the Bulletin Board for almost as long as the board had existed. So far, despite the reward ever increasing he remained free and elusive. Those that had loudly proclaimed that they would be the ones to finally take down the Bull were usually found as frozen corpses in Mars’s cold wastes. Lucy sighed as she sunk into her chair.

Tonight had not gone as planned. It was unlikely she would have another opportunity for quite some time...if only that Patrol Robot had turned up a few minutes later...

Then she shrugged. She finally had some money to pay Erica at least - and at least enough for a sizable bottle of whisky and a new dress.

It wasn't over yet - the cards had only just been dealt.

“Luck of the draw darling,” She smiled to herself as the Shuttle rocketed on towards her destination: The Clinic.

-----

INTERACTION: Sarah Bear Sarah Bear
MENTIONS: capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Funeral Funeral

Users who are viewing this thread

Back