• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

He looked back, then placed his face close to the window. "Hellooo?! I can still hear you, you know! Are you done solving your family issues now?" he said, the window was clouded as he spoke. He could barely be heard.

Horace turned around so to better speak with Taleisin Alisseau. Plus having people behind him, made Horace nervous.

"Thirty-four regiments? T-thats a whole lot of them. Nice to meet you Ta- huh...?" Horace paused to look at his hand, nearly stepping back. Was Tal trying to pickpocket him...? That didn't seem quite right. He then remembered the gesture Tal was performing was called a handshake.

"Oh...!" Horace went. He reached out and shook Tal's hand.

"People don't do this much here. I never heard of Etheriwen. It sounds like a really big place. So many soldiers! Is your lord a friendly lord?" Horace said.

"My people don't do this at all so it's new to me" Gus commented.

"W-why am I here?! Uuughh... Gus...? Why are we here?" Horace asked timidly.

"You always tell me, not to come here, but I wanna feel the aura that surrounds this place. Have you seen any bark from the tree of life, by any chance?" Gus asked.
“Etheriwen is actually a small place. But it’s rich with fields and valleys as far as the eye can see. Just talking about it makes me miss it. The days I spent there were the best,” He sighed. “And no, my lord is far too poor to own that many soldiers. Me and some others were sent to join the military and answer His Majesty’s orders. It’s been some time since I last enjoyed the fields of Etheriwen.”

He heard Gus’s question and became confused. “Bark from the Tree of Life..? No.. I don’t think I’ve heard it either.” Tal replied, thinking thoughtfully. What was that, a rare item of sorts? It intrigued him. “Are you on a quest for it?”

"Interesting" Horace said as Tal described his home

"The tree of life is very special to my kind. Its bark can be used bring plant life to even the most inhospitable of terrain, but the bark will wither away when separated from the tree of life for a long enough period of time. It is very rare" Gus explained. Horace was confused as usual on the topic because he had never seen this strange bark nor any tree of life. He had no clue if it was even an actual tree or not or if it even still existed.

“What an interesting story.” He murmured.

“I don’t know if it helps, but one of my friends is a mage. He’s studied the world of magic longer than I have and makes it his living to pursue knowledge,” Taleisin began.
“If you get in touch with him, he might be able to give you the information on the whereabouts of this.. bark. It seems like something he’d be looking into after all.”

"You both are dismissed as well." The chief said curtly, nodding towards the detective, watching them through the window. Ivana grumbled under her breath, did a little curtsy, and stalked out of the manor, quite forgetting about Lux in her tantrum, raging about how she was going to have to take care of someone she quite possibly hated more than anyone else in the world, while he was arrested under her roof.
"Where did he go, that lying son of a-" Ivana stopped in her tracks, flabbergasted at the sight of not only the other human, but a face she didn't recognize. She yanked the investigator by the sleeve, and didn't remove her grip, before walking over to the two promptly and asking the soldier, "So you're okay now? And who's he?" She gestured to the person he was talking to.

Last edited:
"Ow! Hey!" he hissed while tugging his arm. He then looked up to the Oak tree "Whew, at least he's alive. Hey kid, I need your name and age!" he shouted at the boy.

"OH, I NEED AN INVITATION TO INVESTIGATE DISAPPEARANCES? I'M SOOO SORRY, I'LL GO WRITE A LETTER TO THE BUNNY EMBASSY!" he yelled in a mocking tone.

"Your friend must be really smart!" Horace told Tal.

"Huh?!" Horace muttered after seeing two new figures.

"Who...? Who's kid? Where?" Horace asked confused looking all around for a small child.

"Maybe he's over there!" Gus said in a telepathic message to the whole group.

"Please not this, that, here, there again!" Horace whined.

"Over yonder! No...! I'm still not sure how to differentiate a child's presence from an adult just yet, but I think there are no children nearby" Gus thought.

"Your not talking to me, are you...? I'm just plain ol' Horace" Horace said holding his finger up as if pointing at something. He was not however, and his hand pointed at a random direction.

"And I'm still Gus" Gus mused to the group.

Horace's mind was still stuck on bunny embassy. Gus thought it was a funny idea and gave a telepathic image of bunnies having a civil meeting. One bunny was talking about political matters and the other bunny was describing a very rough divorce following by lengthy spousal maintenance and child support payments.

Last edited:
"Right... Horace. Are you lost? Do you have any relatives?" he felt unnerved by the voice he just heard, startled. He looked around to find the source of it.

"R-relatives... err... yes...? They live on a farm. I'm not lost." Horace said scratching his chin.

"I think he has mistaken you for a lost child, Horace" Gus mused.

"Huh?! N-n-no! I'm not sure what's going on but I'm definitely just fine. I spoke with my family a week ago and I don't live very far from here" Horace said.

The soldier stood there feeling a bit dumbstruck, unsure what the argument was about.
Then he looked to the jackalope girl and that dyn from earlier, immediately recognizing their faces among the three. His eyes widened. ”Oh, yes, of course, I’m fine now. Thank you very much for bringing me here!” He bowed towards her and Lux.

He looked up slightly and shifted his confused gaze to the detective. Another human in this strange village. “If you don’t mind me asking sir’, what’s going on here? And why are you yelling at eachother?”

"If you seen his family, you wouldn't visit them daily either" Gus mused.

"W-well... I was thinking about visiting them again, but... I dunno... I just haven't thought about it...?" Horace said. He didn't have much of an excuse for not visiting often, he just didn't. As Horace answered the questions, he slowly began stepping back.

"Y-yeah, that... Kinda like an o-old m-m-married couple" Horace said under his breath nervously as he stepped back.

Ivana looked as though someone had slapped her across the face for a few seconds before she hollered, "HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU MAKE A MOCKERY OF MY SPECIES, YOU INTOLERABLE, MISERABLE, UNBEARABLE PAIN IN THE-!" She paused her yelling, seeing that most passerby were staring at her.Her face reddened slightly, but continued to grumble under her breath.
She looked at other three, and mumbled sheepishly to Horace,
"You really shouldn't be here. Who knows what trouble you could get in."

Ivana nodded towards the soldier, offering a curt smile, still feeling a little stand-offish. "We're fighting because he's an irritating and unsupportable little prick." she huffed.

He pointed towards the badge on his chest, looking somewhat prideful "Detective Colin Dascombe! People have been missing lately and I came here to investigate. Then this overgrown rabbit and I began fighting since." He looked at the jackalope with a despective glare. "We're fighting because someone doesn't understand her people are murderers."

Ivana snorted. "And humans aren't? Sure, you keep telling yourself that your species isn't worse than mine." she said derisively. "And I'm not an overgrown rabbit, I'm a jackalope, get it right, you blockhead."

Horace nodded at Ivana's statement before turning towards the detective. Horace misheard him, and looked at him confused.

"Defective Colin?" Horace said confused.

"I believe he said detective" Gus mused.

"Oh" Horace said.

"No, you got it right the first time, he's very defective." Ivana said, unabashed. "Little shrimp that he is." she added under her breath.

He sighed, impatiently "DETECTIVE. Well, Horace, maybe you could become a ward of the state if your family isn't so... nice." he nudged Ivana with his elbow "At least I have the courage to insult you head on."

(Very much so.)

Ivana's just about had it. She grabbed Colin's arm with both hands, and twisted it painfully. "Care to repeat that?" she asked in a mockfully sweet tone. "Because I really do need a new punching bag."

Now Horace was real confused and wondered who was actually correct. Gus it Ivana.

"Okay, I'll take your word" Horace said to Ivana.

"I'm not sure what that is... My home isn't that far from here. Its actually kinda nice and really spacious and I just don't talk to my family much. They weren't that bad. I just kinda like the wilderness I guess" Horace said.

"And I make sure he stays out of trouble!" Gus telepathically communicated to the group.

Horace saw Ivana twist the detective's arms and took another step back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back