• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

He poked his head out, then mocked her voice "ThAt'S a HinT oF AgGRaVEtEd AsSaUlT! Doesn't sound too future chief to me."

”Oh, uh yes sir’, I’m a field mage of the 34th regiment,” He quickly introduced himself to the detective, his tone proper and formal.

He stood there awkwardly and smiled, waving his hands around at the group.
“Hey. Perhaps we can all cool down after a nice meal and a cup of something to drink? Always works when there’s an argument to be settled! Ha! Ha! Haha..”

He snickered "Oh, a mage. Of course. You know, I'm not even surprised at this point. Let me guess, you'll turn me to a toad?" his tone got serious "Don't. Really."

Ivana said nothing, but smacked Colin upside the head with her free hand. "As I was saying, yes, it was. Now, I assume that you all would like to stay at my house for the time being...some...not out of free will." She huffed. "Follow me. My father usually isn't home, he's the general of our clan's army, so he's always busy doing something or the other..." she trailed off before motioning for the group to follow her through town, Colin still up on her shoulder. "And if you feel the need to turn him into a toad," she added, "I'll pretend I wasn't paying attention."

Last edited:
“Well, alright then I guess.” *Lux starts following behind Ivana*

Softly, almost like a whisper, he pleaded "Please don't I'm just trying to do my job. I'm not a good magic target. I'll... explode, yes!"

"And I'm a Horace from... The jungle, baby" Horace said with a straight face.

"Once again, I'm still yours truly, Gus" Gus mused, introducing himself once more.

"Err... Yes. Now... Uughh..." Horace paused.

"That means us too, Horace" Gus said gesturing Horace to walk. Gus was curious where they were headed.

"Frog detective...?" Horace was still stuck on the frog detective comment.

Gus began creating telepathic images of a frog with a detective badge on it's back.

He gasped.
“Don’t worry detective sir’, I won’t ever do that,” He said firmly. “Even if I wanted to, I would be rightfully punished by the law! It’s against our rules as field mages to use our magic out of ill will.”

Ivana snickered at the images popping into her mind. "His face would actually improve if he got turned into a toad, the toad looks much more appealing." she joked. "And he wouldn't explode, he'd just be more miserable than he already is. He's purely human."

“Dang it, it looks hilarious to see him as a frog.”

"Very much so. Please, sir, I don't know your name, but could you do us all a favor and turn him into a toad?" Ivana pleaded.

"That sounds good. Mages with a moral compass" Horace said. Plus Tal already seemed like a trustworthy person to begin with, so Horace felt like he didn't have anything to worry about with the soldier of the 34th regiment.

“I know I remain in your debt, miss, but I can’t bring myself to commit such a crime,” He said apologetically. “Besides, if I turn him into a toad, he may as well become more miserable than he already seems now.”
His last comment sounded more like a jab at the poor detective. But he didn’t mean it like that.

“Please! Turn him into a toad and spare us his rambling!”

Ivana sighed. "Well, it was worth a shot..."
Soon, she stopped in front of a large house, and unlocked the door single-handedly, as she refused to put Colin down. She gently kicked open the door, and said, "Welp, here we are." It was a very nice place, a fire was crackling in the grate in the living room, there were fur rugs, cases displaying weapons, books lined up on shelves, etc. Ivana shut the door behind them, finally setting Colin down. "Make yourselves at home."

“Wow, this place is huge! Then again, everywhere’s huge for me.”

Horace peeped his head into the doorway. At a relatively fast walking pace, he headed inside and sat in a chair in the corner. Keeping his arms and legs to himself. Keeping an eye on the nearest window in case he needed to leave as soon as physically possible.

*Lux started wandering off to explore, he was looking for hiding places along the way, just for something fun to do*

The detective stared at Horace, confused. "He looks more paranoid than I do, huh." He followed "Well, now I'm in the beast's den. I wonder if they have showers..." he continued sinking in his thoughts.

Ivana laughed merrily, her pale blue eyes twinkling from the fire in the grate, seemingly quite happy now. "I'm glad you like it. Yes, this place is where some of my fondest memories took place. This house has been passed down for a long time. But it's been kinda empty, since my dad's almost never here, you know? So this is kinda..." she trailed off.
She then seemed to catch herself losing face in front of what was still the unknown.
"Right." she said snappishly. "Don't touch any weapons, armor, and anything valuable. My father will have your heads. Also, we have many rooms for you to choose from, as well as a kitchen and bathroom. Unfortunately, there are no prison cells."

*Lux eventually just sits down next to the fireplace, he had been wearing 2 coats to withstand the cold, and he didn’t even bother to take them off in front of the fireplace, weird.*

Horace looked around at the decor if the room. It was unusual, but not quite unexpected, given the location they were in.

"Its... different... but in a nice way" Horace said.

"Very feng shui? As they call it" Gus commented. Horace sat at an angle so not to push any of Gus's branches against the chair.

"Huh, fairly civilized" he stated, it didn't seem to be a negative comment, he seemed genuinely surprised. Colin walked towards the fireplace, drawn to the light as if he was some sort of moth. "Oh, finally, a decent fire. I've been freezing..."

*Lux took one look at the detective approaching the fire, and he got up and promptly walked away*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back