• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

“This makes no logical sense. Whatsoever. It’d be a better idea to just imprison him for a while.”

"EXACTLY! WHY DO YOU INSIST ON BEING SO LENIENT! THROW HIM IN A CELL TO ROT!" Ivana barked.
"We will be no better than he is. Unfortunately, it is our job to be the bigger person. Besides, he would not be here if members of our clan didn't decide to kill the humans in the forest." The chief explained in a calm but slightly impatient voice.

“Great… just great… the person who threatened us now has to atay at your house for a while! This isn’t fair to us at all! We weren’t the ones who killed those humans!”

Ivana simply stared at the ground, and nodded silently, her hands curled into fists. She seemed to be trembling from rage.
"You'll soon see this is for the best." The chief said soothingly.

Ivana seemed to agree greatly, for she suddenly burst out, "Grandmother, please, this is no proper punishment! In fact, this is more of a punishment for ME if anything!"
The chief looked angry to hear their complaints. "Indeed! Ivana, may I remind you, you already are of age. You're old enough to marry, have children, old enough to oversee the village! And yet you roam around as if you were still a little girl! I will not tolerate this any longer!! May this be a lesson to you, dear, as well as to him."

"He was the one who provoked US! We wanted nothing to do with him! And as you can see, he's a trespasser on our turf! Besides, he was going to shoot us!" Ivana declared. "So therefore, I feel like we should-" she broke off, and stared out the window at the oak. "...Wha..? N-nevermind that, anyway, as I was saying, this should be dealt with accordingly. Want MY advice? Burn him at the stake!" she finished viciously.

In the medical center, there were people bustling around, all of them with the same peculiar features the jackalope that the soldier had encountered earlier had. Although, many people stared at the man with lingering curiosity, anger, and fear. The woman at the front desk stopped him and said in a wary tone, "Sir, you haven't been cleared to leave yet."
The human soldier stopped in front of the woman. Stepping back, he gulped and glanced around fearfully. He could tell by their expressions that their feelings they felt towards him were anything but friendly. But these people were the ones who healed him and nursed him back to life, no doubt.

He had to ask himself. Was he here as a hostage or as one of their patients?

The soldier shifted his uneasy look back to the woman. He decided to take a diplomatic approach as he began to speak. The last thing he wanted to do was force his way out of here through violence.

“I feel fine now, and I thank you and your staff for treating me.” The soldier said in a bow. “Is there.. uh.. any way I can still leave? There are places I must be. And I would like to thank the people who brought me here.”

The human soldier stopped in front of the woman. Stepping back, he gulped and glanced around fearfully. He could tell by their expressions that their feelings they felt towards him were anything but friendly. But these people were the ones who healed him and nursed him back to life, no doubt.

He had to ask himself. Was he here as a hostage or as one of their patients?

The soldier shifted his uneasy look back to the woman. He decided to take a diplomatic approach as he began to speak. The last thing he wanted to do was force his way out of here through violence.

“I feel fine now, and I thank you and your staff for treating me.” The soldier said in a bow. “Is there.. uh.. any way I can still leave? There are places I must be. And I would like to thank the people who brought me here.”
The woman continued to stare at the man strangely, one of her ears twitching slightly, then said hesitantly, "I suppose I could file for your release..." she opened a file and began writing notes in it. "But if you feel any pain later on, come back immediately. And as for the two that brought you here, a little birdie told me that they're in the chief's manor, in the village square. But they're in there for questioning, so mind what you do."

The woman continued to stare at the man strangely, one of her ears twitching slightly, then said hesitantly, "I suppose I could file for your release..." she opened a file and began writing notes in it. "But if you feel any pain later on, come back immediately. And as for the two that brought you here, a little birdie told me that they're in the chief's manor, in the village square. But they're in there for questioning, so mind what you do."
The soldier blinked, startled that his approach worked.

His face curled into a smile and a strange glow flickered in his eyes. “Yes, of course, thank you!” He proclaimed in response.

It was not long after that he realized his voice was raised much too high and his expression shifted to that of someone apologetic. He bowed again towards the woman, then turned around, and bowed towards everyone else at a full 90 degrees. “Thank you all...”

The soldier awkwardly shuffled past the woman and exited the center. Looking around warily, he spotted what looked to be the town square and began to head in that direction. He kept to the side of the streets while he did in order to not draw any unnecessary attention to himself.

The woman nodded, not even noticing the glow, as she had her head bent downward, writing in what appeared to be his file. Everyone continued to stare at the odd one out with unreadable expressions, which continued on the way out. However, there were now whispers attached to the looks, which did not sound friendly at all. 'Humans' and 'trespassers' could be heard being muttered everywhere. It seemed that the woman at the medic center was not the only one who had heard about the questioning.

~Horace and Gus...!~

Horace began making his way through the village. Zigzagging around, wandering aimlessly. Not making eye contact with anyone that might be staring at him or interacting with anyone. For the most part, Horace was staring at his feet as well as everyone else's feet. Gus soon began sharing his thoughts with those around him. Mostly feeling of curiosity and confusion. Gus hadn't shared much in the way of words or conversation. With the directions given to him by Gus, Horace found himself standing in front of a clinic or infirmary of sorts.

"Are you going to go inside?" Gus thought.
"No" Horace quickly shot that idea down.
"Why not?" Gus responded.
"We don't live here" Horace thought nervously.
"Do the people inside live there?" Gus thought
"I don't know...! Maybe probably" Horace thought even more nervously.
"Ask them if they have any bark from the tree of life" Gus wondered.
"They probably don't, Gus, and I'm not going to ask that" Horace stood there puzzled for a few moments.

He studied the village and its inhabitants as he went down the street. He was not with the enemy nor were he with his allies. But he may as well be with his enemies considering the things these people seemed to whisper about him.

The soldier‘s gaze darkened, trying to avert eye contact with everyone else. Trespasser. Human. He would be wrong to try and deny their reasons against him. Had he been here on different circumstances, his actions would’ve been different. That much he knew.
He began to wonder about what he would do from here. Getting home and back to his allies was easier said than done. For all the soldier knew, he was labeled as a dead man, or even worse, a deserter. And these people didn’t seem willing to lend him any more help past getting him back on his feet again. He had to rely on himself from here on out. And that meant making a plan.

He was too deep in thought to notice the person standing ahead of him. He accidentally bumped into Horace and halted, blinking in surprise. “Sorry-! I didn’t notice you-“

The soldier paused, immediately taking note of the boy’s appearance. He didn’t look like any of the residents here. “-There…”

He looked somewhat relieved, though he knew things were just about to get worse. He struck a small reverence "Thank you for sparing my life, your excellence" he continued, muttering "...I guess."

The man looked at her, with a small hint of sympathy, he lowered his head as if he said "I get it."
Ivana seemed to agree greatly, for she suddenly burst out, "Grandmother, please, this is no proper punishment! In fact, this is more of a punishment for ME if anything!"
The chief looked angry to hear their complaints. "Indeed! Ivana, may I remind you, you already are of age. You're old enough to marry, have children, old enough to oversee the village! And yet you roam around as if you were still a little girl! I will not tolerate this any longer!! May this be a lesson to you, dear, as well as to him."

"Watch out" Gus thought.
"Watch wha-" Horace's line of thinking was interrupted.
"oaf!" Horace muttered before being bumped into.
"I'm sorry! So sorry! Didn't mean to do that. Don't mind me. I is Horace. That's Gus" Horace said attempting to point at Horace, but the tree was on his back, leaving Horace pointing in the distance.

"I am Gus" The tree on Horace's back spoke in a telepathic message in an attempt to communicate with the soldier that had bumped into them. Horace turned around with a confused gesture.

"There? Where?" Horace said.
"I think he meant here" Gus thought to both of them.
"So is it here or there?" Horace asked.
"I'm not sure..." Gus followed up.

Horace got a good luck at the person. They looked tough. Maybe a guard or soldier or mercenary of some sort, but Horace didn't know.

He sighed, then exited the building. He leaned against one of its walls, looking at the sky, he looked defeated.

"Watch out" Gus thought.
"Watch wha-" Horace's line of thinking was interrupted.
"oaf!" Horace muttered before being bumped into.
"I'm sorry! So sorry! Didn't mean to do that. Don't mind me. I is Horace. That's Gus" Horace said attempting to point at Horace, but the tree was on his back, leaving Horace pointing in the distance.

"I am Gus" The tree on Horace's back spoke in a telepathic message in an attempt to communicate with the soldier that had bumped into them. Horace turned around with a confused gesture.

"There? Where?" Horace said.
"I think he meant here" Gus thought to both of them.
"So is it here or there?" Horace asked.
"I'm not sure..." Gus followed up.

Horace got a good luck at the person. They looked tough. Maybe a guard or soldier or mercenary of some sort, but Horace didn't know.
The soldier stood there very dumbfounded. What was he pointing to..? And wait.. did some voice just talk in his head..?

He took a moment to process the situation. This was strange. Very strange.

“What I meant to say was sorry for not noticing you there till’ I paused mid-sentence,” he chuckled nervously. “Anyways, did another voice just talk to me? Or was it just my own imagination and this place is already making me go crazy?”

"What? Your talking to Gus" Horace said.
"He's talking to me. Horace look at that man over there" Gus telepathically replied.
"Where? Horace asked.
"Just turn around, Horace" Gus responded.
Horace shrugged before nervously turning around.
"Your looking right at me, can't ya tell?" Gus responded. Gus began to create mental images of a tree smiling and waving at the viewer. Gus did not have a face, nor did he wave his branch but his message seemed straightforward enough.
"Are you okay? Did you need something...?" Horace said turning his head without turning around completely.

"What? Your talking to Gus" Horace said.
"He's talking to me. Horace look at that man over there" Gus telepathically replied.
"Where? Horace asked.
"Just turn around, Horace" Gus responded.
Horace shrugged before nervously turning around.
"Your looking right at me, can't ya tell?" Gus responded. Gus began to create mental images of a tree smiling and waving at the viewer. Gus did not have a face, nor did he wave his branch but his message seemed straightforward enough.
"Are you okay? Did you need something...?" Horace said turning his head without turning around completely.
He stared in shock and slowly lifted his hand to wave to the tree. Unless those doctors back there gave him something weird, there was no way he was going crazy at what he was seeing right now.

“No.” The soldier replied, smiling faintly. “No. I think I understand now.”

He scratched the back of his own head and bowed slightly. “Forgive me for my confusion. I’m just surprised to see other beings around. From where I come from.. everyone’s mostly human..”

The soldier cleared his throat and laughed. “To be honest, you’re the first face I’ve seen here that doesn’t have rabbit ears and antelopes. Do you live here by any chance?”

He noticed the oak tree he just saw was missing, he shivered. "I'm losing my mind here, in this... green hell!" he thought, right after pinching himself.

"Live here...? N-no. This is my first time here. I don't live here here, but I do live not far from here" Horace said.

"I don't know much about that" Horace said in regards to the rabbit ears and antelope comment" Horace added

"We've traveled around this place, but this is our first time here" Hus chimed in.

"I guess its true, you don't see a lot of humans in this area much" Horace said.

"So your not from here, who are you and where are you from?" Gus asked. Horace shaked a little as Gus's straightforwardness but didn't comment.

"Live here...? N-no. This is my first time here. I don't live here here, but I do live not far from here" Horace said.

"I don't know much about that" Horace said in regards to the rabbit ears and antelope comment" Horace added

"We've traveled around this place, but this is our first time here" Hus chimed in.

"I guess its true, you don't see a lot of humans in this area much" Horace said.

"So your not from here, who are you and where are you from?" Gus asked. Horace shaked a little as Gus's straightforwardness but didn't comment.
The soldier halted. Introductions! How could he forget..?!

“R-right! I’m Taleisin Alisseau, a field mage of the 34th regiment.” He said promptly. “My brothers-in-arms call me Tal cause it’s easier to remember. I come from the countryside of Etheriwen, my lordship’s land, but as for how I ended up here.. uh’..”

He seemed hesitant to answer and his gaze glazed over with a look of discomfort. “.. that’s a bit of a complicated story. Anyways, it’s nice to meet you both, Gus and Horace.” Taleisin said brightly and extended his hand to shake his. “Since I’ve introduced myself a bit, what brings you here for your first time?”

“I don’t like that human. He’s mean. I hate him.“ *Lux was still very angry at the guy for insulting and threatening him and Ivana*

Horace turned around so to better speak with Taleisin Alisseau. Plus having people behind him, made Horace nervous.

"Thirty-four regiments? T-thats a whole lot of them. Nice to meet you Ta- huh...?" Horace paused to look at his hand, nearly stepping back. Was Tal trying to pickpocket him...? That didn't seem quite right. He then remembered the gesture Tal was performing was called a handshake.

"Oh...!" Horace went. He reached out and shook Tal's hand.

"People don't do this much here. I never heard of Etheriwen. It sounds like a really big place. So many soldiers! Is your lord a friendly lord?" Horace said.

"My people don't do this at all so it's new to me" Gus commented.

"W-why am I here?! Uuughh... Gus...? Why are we here?" Horace asked timidly.

"You always tell me, not to come here, but I wanna feel the aura that surrounds this place. Have you seen any bark from the tree of life, by any chance?" Gus asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back