• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

"Ivana, huh? So that's *her* name..." he thought. "Incredible, they have a world all for themselves. I knew they were intelligent, but it seems I underestimated them."

*Lux was looking as the guards passed and dragged the detective into the manor* ”Yep, he’s dead.”

The chief, wearing the finest of fur and silk, and sitting high up in her chair, radiated power despite being short and aged. It appeared that one of her antlers had been cut clean off a long time ago, for there was a stump remaining on her head. "We do not allow intruders in our village. Especially ones like you." she boomed. It was incredible how such a elderly person like herself had a voice like that.

Soon enough, the guard came barreling down the street and stopped Ivana and Lux. "You've been summoned to the chief for questioning. Follow me."
Ivana sighed and nodded, leading Lux along as they followed the guard, knowing that it all seemed too good to be true.

*Lux looked nervous, he didn’t know what to think, was he in trouble? Did he look too much like a human? What would happen to him? He just stayed close to Ivana and prayed nothing would happen to him*

"I'm aware... Your highness?" he paused, thinking carefully of his next words "I'm an investigator, especifically here to investigate some disappearances." He turned around as he heard footsteps approach.

"Hm." was all the chief said for the moment.

Ivana patted Lux's shoulder gently, all the while seeming uninterested, to say the least. The guard opened the door and pushed them inside.
"Don't you manhandle me!" Ivana said indignantly, looking back at the detective and chief, annoyed.

He remained quiet, he didn't want to end up in a ditch by insulting the chief's grandaughter again. He simply lowered his head.

*Lux was too nervous to speak at all, he just went along with it, not fighting back. He was in their territory after all, the least he could do was do what he was told*

(Very much so XD)

The guards stood on either side of the door, just in case one of them tried to flee. "Well then," said the chief, "What do we have here? Care to explain, Ana?"
"Okay, okay..." Ivana glanced at the detective with the utmost hatred before looking back at her grandmother. "I went down the mountain today. and I found Lux." she motioned at him, before saying, "He's not human, he's-"
"A Dyn." The chief finished. "Yes, I know. Do carry on."
"Right..." Ivana looked a bit surprised, and explained how she and Lux had come across both the soldier and the investigator, how they had a big argument, all the way up until the guard stopped them.

He was drenched in cold sweat by the end of the explaination, he let out a sheepish laugh "Hahah, it's funny when you put it that way--- Listen, ma'am, she provoked me. I understand she's your granddaughter, but she should've been wiser with her words, y'see?"

”no! We never provoked you! You snuck up on us, said that there were many of you, then you called us a circus freak show, and accused us of crimes!”

"Wow, wow, wow. Slow down, pal. It was only... a witty observation." the man grinned, though it looked more like a beast showing its fangs.

“Oh yeah, totally just “witty observations“, don’t even try that excuse, it’s not believable at all.”

”Most of you humans are like that. If one goes this deep into the forest, they’re probably a hunter.”

He puts his hands insides his pockets, looking for something. He pulls out a crumpled paper, he carefully tries to return it to a more presentable form. It looked like a missing person poster, it included basic information about a child. "Even children, hm?"

Just outside the village, a large old oak tree stood, and reaching out, like a long arm. A branch of the tree just barely extended into the village. On top of this branch sat an odd boy with a tree on his back. A tree on a boy on a tree. The boy hummed to himself, kicking his feet back and forth.

"Hum diddy dum diddy bum widdy wum..." the boy mused to himself. Some stuff was going on in the village this day. What? Horace didn't care. His mind was on counting as high as he could. He was currently on one hundred fifty-eight thousand six hundred thirty-four. He was thinking about numbers because as soon as he stopped, he'd remember he was real high up in the tree, and probably gonna fall to his death. That was an unlikely fate since they were only 9 feet off the ground, but to Horace that looked like certain doom. So Horace looked up at the clouds

"One hundred fifty-eight thousand six hundred thirty-five" Horace said.

"Come on Horace! We need to go to the village! I want to be near people" Gus said in a telepathic message to Horace. Horace did not reply to Gus, and continued counting.

"Horace, please. You have to get down eventually" Gus thought.

"No I don't" Horace thought.

"Would you do it for me?" Gus thought replied.

"...Y-No... You wanted to go up this tree. I insisted we stay at the club house" Horace thought.

"That old hole under the stump? Pass..." Gus thought.

"That old village with tons of strangers? Pass..." Horace replied

"Oh come on! Pleeeaaaase! If your so scared of heights, lets get down and go somewhere safe... Like the village!" Gus responded

"..." Horace stopped thinking for a moment.

"..." Gus awaited his response

"Fine" Horace finally gave in.

"Yay!" Gus thought cheerfully as he knew he had won.

"O-okay... CATCH MEEEEEEEE!!!" Horace yelled before sliding off the tree.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOI-" Gus's line of thinking was interrupted by Horace's whining and whimpering. Horace laid there on the ground moments away from crying. He twitched on the ground like a dying animal before regeneration could slowly kick in and heal the small cuts and bruises he had gotten from willfully falling out the tree.

"Never again..." Horace muttered under his breath.

"You coulda just slid down the trunk like how you got up here... and I have telepathic abilities. They aren't telekinesis! I told you they aren't the same thing!" Gus thought. Horace got up, and knocked the dirt and grass off himself. He shaked a few twigs and acorns out of his hair.

Last edited:
He leaned towards his side, peeking into the outside from a window. He could barely make out some of the tree's branches, somewhat confused. "Is it just me or did that oak suddenly appear?" he thought.

“well, some children like to go on hunting trips with their parents! If they’re lucky enough to have parents… and may I remind you, it was teenagers who killed my parents, not adults!”

The soldier finally awoke and found himself staring at the ceiling of the medic center.

He gradually rose from the stretcher as he groaned in confusion. Rubbing his head, he then looked around and tried to recall the memories that took place before he lost consciousness. All he could remember were the faces of two inhuman beings and being carried up the mountain. Anything after that was a lost memory.

Looking around, he wondered where he was. He could tell he was in some sort of town, but he wasn’t sure where. It was time for him to investigate.

“You’ve got this Taleisin..” He muttered to himself.

The soldier took a deep breath in.

He gripped the edge of the stretcher as he slowly climbed out, feeling his dressed wounds being stretched in the process. He muttered curses under his breath at the undue pain.
As he finally climbed out of the stretcher, he found his balance and stood on the floor. His body still felt weak, but he was not without his regained strength. The soldier looked around the center curiously.

"He was the one who provoked US! We wanted nothing to do with him! And as you can see, he's a trespasser on our turf! Besides, he was going to shoot us!" Ivana declared. "So therefore, I feel like we should-" she broke off, and stared out the window at the oak. "...Wha..? N-nevermind that, anyway, as I was saying, this should be dealt with accordingly. Want MY advice? Burn him at the stake!" she finished viciously.

In the medical center, there were people bustling around, all of them with the same peculiar features the jackalope that the soldier had encountered earlier had. Although, many people stared at the man with lingering curiosity, anger, and fear. The woman at the front desk stopped him and said in a wary tone, "Sir, you haven't been cleared to leave yet."

His turnt around, his eyes widening "BURNT AT THE STAKE?!". He looked at the chief, trying to summon any bit of sympathy from her "Are... Are you even LISTENING to her? You'll kill me for just some banter?!"

The chief smiled indulgently at her granddaughter. "Ivana, we won't be killing him."
"What?! WHY?!" Ivana shrieked.
"I have my reasons." the chief replied, looking down at the detective. "But by all accounts, we won't be releasing him anytime soon."

"So...he'll be imprisoned?" Ivana asked, her voice trembling with anger.
"Moreso...house arrest, for the time being. YOUR house, Ivana, to be more precise." The chief laughed. Ivana stared at her, her jaw dropped in shock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back