The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Inside the warehouse, Blue Blot
I can kindly point out to my longtime buddy, Sherwood, that this appears to be a typo...

...or I can have some friendly fun with it in the hopes of bringing some smiles to everybody!

Hey, Sherwood Sherwood ! So, Blue Bolt has changed his name, huh? Now he's some kinda artist? So... when Blue Blot attacks, it look like this, right? Ha ha! =)

Bob Ross Art GIF

And you watch! Someday, when I goof up and write "Screamy" instead of "Dreamy" or something, Sherwood might ask if my Character looks like this!

Lauren Bacall Omg GIF

That face! Ha ha!

How close are people standing together? I'm wondering how much an aloe-blast would do...

Silanon Silanon Do you mean "aoe"? Because if Nisha's breaking out an "aloe-blast" then their skin is going to be sooo nice and smooth afterward!

Aloe Vera Grace GIF by gracecosmetics

And now, everybody wait and see! I'll be the next one to make a typo and I'll look the doofiest of all! 8D
Me:
Excited Aww GIF by TikTok

Auto-correction is the worst - I am indeed looking for a shadowy explosion with a radius of 4m, at least if it's possible to catch a few of the foes at once.

Sherwood Sherwood Asked this yesterday, but you might've missed it - so I figured I'd tag you real quick: How close are people standing together? I'm wondering how much an aoe-blast would do.

Might we have the results of Nisha's action? =)

Sherwood Sherwood No worries, the alerts get us all from time to time.
Could you take care of the rolling, please? I don't trust these dice after recent results... thanks!
I probably shouldn't have hidden this inside of the spoiler - whoops.

The post was edited, since I briefly forgot that Chaser does have a higher initiative than Luminary. Act as you will. Thanks for asking, though.

With Chaser's lightning speed, would the distance matter or is that a game-related rule?

-2 to each attack roll.
I think I rolled correctly, please let me know if I made a mistake. I know I rolled four dice in the first post- that extra dice was a mistake, so just ignore the three at the end. I don't think it really matters, seems like it'll be a miss anyway.

What Dreamy is attempting to do is called a Presence Attack. The way that works is you take your Pre stat (in Dreamy's case, it is a 15), and for every five points of attribute you have, you roll 1d6. A good soliloquy, a powerful reputation, or a violent action will give you bonus dice to your roll. Once you have a total of all the dice, you compare it to the Pre stat of your target(s) to see if you manage to startle them, scare the bejebies out of them, or induce a yawning fit because you are soooo boring.

In this case, your combined dice were not quite enough to make them surrender outright, but you have caused them to lose their next action that was supposed to take place on Phase 3. They are definitely reconsidering their current career paths right now.

Silanon Silanon is up with Nisha.
Cool! Does her Striking Appearance Trait have an effect or is that something different altogether?

That will add to the effect of some of your Presence Attacks, yes.

Okay, so this Presence Attack thing - it sounds like there are certain times that her Striking Appearance won't come into play and there will be opponents that don't know her Positive Reputation either.

It sounds like a Presence Attack, at least from Dreamy's point of view, all depends on her delivery and audience, right?

Users who are viewing this thread