• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔉𝔢𝔲𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔎𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔡𝔬𝔪𝔰--IC

Vern.jpg
Prince Vern

Vern suppressed a shiver as Braska studied him. Both in temperature and attitude, she was a true ice queen. It wasn’t difficult to see that the smile offered was disingenuous. In fact, it didn’t even seem to be for his sake. He was taken aback by her referral to him by his full title, almost feeling like he was receiving a scolding from a mother. While he wanted to shrink away, he kept his posture, refusing to back down. After reminding him of her power in the Northern kingdom, the interrogation started. She questioned if he was ready at all to be her partner, not that she had the choice. Her complete lack of faith in him felt like a knife to the gut, but he kept his smile. “Lady Braska, please don’t think so lowly of me to classify my compliments as softening you. Sugar-coated words would only be a disservice to your beauty.” He hoped that doubling down on the compliments would help ease the tension between the two. He would have to wait to see if this decision was a mistake. “Of course, I have heard of the decision in the North and I will be of assistance to you in every way possible. I’m certain following our marriage, the South will feel the same.”

Once again, he brought the glass of wine to his lips. Braska’s next words made him choke on the liquid and left him sputtering. He had tried to be civil from the beginning but yet here Braska was insulting his physique. After he had collected himself, he turned towards her, meeting her cold gaze with his own. It was difficult to say they were locking eyes when it felt like she was staring into his soul. The woman had hit quite the sore spot with Vern. He was tired of those around him thinking he was incapable of ruling a kingdom. He didn’t need to hear it from his future wife as well. He slammed his palms against the table with a thud as he stood. “It would be foolish to pretend to know my capabilities before when we have barely even spoken to one another,” he said through gritted teeth. Vern took a breath before sitting down, not apologizing for his lashing out. “I may not be the eldest, but I am far more prepared for ruling than the current heir and I have been trained with that in mind.”

Interactions: Uasal Uasal (Braska)

1621393849053.png
Siegfried
Interactions: Te al Latte Te al Latte

She was going to call him ‘her dear’ again, but she had stopped herself. Was it, did he do something wrong? Had he offended her? As she explained his eye widened ever so slightly. Taking her hand that was playing with her hair into his own, he spoke up. “No! No it’s okay! You can call me that!” he nearly shouted, blushing intensely. He noticed her hand was warm. “Warm,” he said as a whisper as it was the only thing he could notice. Thinking of her question he answered. “It’s just that we Northerners are a warrior culture. We expect men and women to be strong and courageous. I mean, just look to Havardr and Braska. They’re prime examples of what we have to offer.” he said with some resentment. His eye looking at where he held Callisto’s hand. “We don’t get a lot of affection outside of our families, and titles and respect come from deeds on the battlefield. I’m not used to anyone outside of the family calling me anything remotely affectionate.”

Taking a shuddering breath, Sieg continued on speaking. “I always looked to my siblings for approval, and no matter how hard I searched, I just didn’t know if I could find it. I’m not ever going to be able to prove myself on the battlefield, nor in a war room. I just don’t think I’ll ever live up to their expectations.” Sighing and dropping his head, Sieg let out a pitiful chuckle. There was a slight mistiness to his eye. “Ah, I’m sorry I had to drop that on you. After all, we just met, but you can call me as such. It’ll take time to get used to, but I like hearing you call me that…”

“I’m really also enjoying being with you.” he admitted, quite easily, head still down. “I feel so at ease, and you, I can just talk around you and I don’t feel like I need to be careful about what I’m saying. I can just speak my mind without having to think before I speak. Everywhere I go, people always judge me because I don’t stand out or I'm not confident or strong or energetic like my siblings. I don’t, I can’t handle attention all that well, and my own injury makes me self-conscious, and…” he continues to ramble on for a bit until taking a deep breath. “It’s nice. Being able to be me with someone” Falling silent, Sieg’s grip around Callisto’s hand loosened just a little, still not fully noticing her hand in his. “Call me what makes you happy, Calli… I… I…”

Snapping his head, Sieg looked back up. Pulling one hand away, he used it to wipe his eye dry. “I am being so unsightly right now. Forgive me." He gave her a smile to assure her everything was okay. "The three questions I’m supposed to ask you!” Sieg was all over the place now. He wasn’t even concerned with how his siblings would react to his current behavior. If anything, seeing him like this would evoke some sort of happiness from them. He’s finally able to interact with people outside of his usual business. “My three questions are as follows. One. What’s your favorite pastime? Two. If there is one thing you can keep the same forever, what would it be? And finally, I guess I’m stealing one of your questions, Three. What do you love the most about the West?”

Last edited:
DIDozYe.jpg

Reina
Countess of Armadyl
Banquet Kitchen
Crimson optics upon the silent hall, an apparition for all the bachelors in steel to behold. Dark robes flowed from their flesh, an ordained entrance of a pragmatic lady. Neither a guest nor an associate of the convention, yet here they were, absent of invitation. Armored knights, bewitched by their nonchalant stride, have had their hearts swayed as the slender waist before them. A pair of tails was fashioned from their immaculate silvery hair. A certain aura of dreadful intentions enraptured the guards, fearful of her blatantly confident arrival. Before they could speak, the mysterious figure spoke for them.

"O' solemn knights. Bereaved of leisure and absent of light. Aren't you curious of the forbidden gates' amenity? How I envy your simplicity!" she said, veering towards one of the armored sentinels.

"We are honored by your presence, mighty Palatina. However, we must ask that you return home, for we have strict orders by Her Majesty to safeguard this occasion." the guard responded, with his hand upon his plated chest. He then unfurled his armored hand towards the end of the hallway. "I must courteously request that you vacate the hall, milady." he added.

"Kins of this earth, yet obedience are poised to bound. Even the birds must obey the ground, no? Very well, as you were, sentinels." Reina smiled, tucking her arms behind her as she turned away.

Despite her services to the Capital, the Royalties still held a line over her. A hawk within a cage. Despite these long-established facts, the Countess was curious of the ongoings that was kept behind the veil, away from all the public eyes. A gathering, so well-announced, to only be brokered forth among themselves. She reasoned it to be a mere rehearsal for the grand endeavors that they were setting out on. A proving ground to gauge the interests of one another, she saw it as thus. Despite being turned away by the guards, Reina was keen on unveiling the fleeting words that resounded behind that curtain. Anything could be used as leverage for her future plans, all she needed was a careless whisper or spilled gossips. Away from the eyes of the guards, Reina slipped past the door and found herself within the confines of the kitchen. She made sure to study the dishes before her, as well as the ingredients. The most distinct ones were that she could recall from years past. Eastern cuisines in the Central Capital was rare, let alone its presence here. The source of her illed fate, they are here, she concluded. She toured the central counters, passing by a variety of other products and mixers. Revenge drove her, but it did not dictate her will. She has a chance, to bring about their demise here and now. But the Countess knew better than to prematurely make her move. The pieces must be aligned prior to a game commenced, thought Reina. Besides, with this gathering, the Royals were bound to be safeguarded by their personal entourage of retinues and trusted aid. The only one who would suffer from the poisoned foods would be that of the bodyguards. Reina wished for the old walls of come crashing down, not just evaporated. She needed for them to suffer as she did - to be robbed of hope and trust. Their demise must be filled with despair and consumed with absolute loss. Death is too easy for the likes of the arrogant Royalties.

"Slovenly decanters and milks unchurned. Negligent Blood, their glories taciturn. Whimsical strings upon the grand hall. How arrogant are they, to omit my call. Pride is the source of their paramnesia. A banquet of falsehood, absent of the Palatina." she proclaimed to herself with a stern visage.

Azalea Seto
Role: Knight of the East Kingdom

▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪
loLGA7w.gif
Azalea plastered a courteous smile on his face as the lady talked and dealt with the baby in the sling. He stared at her, watching as she fumbled to calm her child down. She was lovely for all sense of the word; long, curly brown hair framing her prettily slim face and a pair of docile eyes trying their best not to stare. Azalea was aware of the effect of his looks to anyone he just met. For some odd reason, people in this country rarely meet or encounter someone from his home country. However, to be considered beautiful or handsome was of no importance to Azalea. He simply did not care. Aside from the few perks of being attractive; like getting free drinks in a bar or spending a few nights with anyone he finds pleasing enough, being attractive does not help his ambition at all.

“I am Ella, I am the lady in waiting for Princess Callisto of the West and I have to say working for her is a real honor!” The woman said before two pink spots stained her cheeks. “This little thing, this is my daughter Jace….. I know that it must seem weird for an unmarried lady in waiting to have a child…. But, things happen…. “ Azalea followed her gaze towards one of the butlers and did not miss the mixture of her look of longing and disappointment. It was obvious who the father of the child was. A butler of the same royal family, huh? Interesting. If the father was around, shouldn't they be married already? Well, he may be curious but he did not care. “I’m sorry! You must think me terribly weird for saying that, but I suppose we can both agree I hope that our princesses will be happy in their marriage!”

"Indeed, things happen," Azalea replied respectfully. "I am a child of a single mother as well and I can assume that you are working twice as hard for your child. I commend you for that. I know it is not the easiest thing to do." He said charmingly, giving her a small smile. "But yes, I hope both our princesses find their happiness. Yours will be wed to the youngest Northern prince, yes? Are you looking forward to moving to the cold, upmost North?" He inquired casually.

He then saw a Northern knight come back to a corner nearby Azalea and Ella's location with a glass of wine in her hand. Curious as to where she got the serving of alcohol, he called, "My Lady, might I ask where you got that glass? I am quite famished myself and the slowness of this banquet is not helping at all," He said in jest. "Also, forgive my lack of manners. I am Azalea Seto from the East Kingdom and this Lady here is Ella with her daughter Jace."

◐ ◐ ◐╳╳╳

Interactions: Reiia silver Reiia silver (Ella) Panda chaos Panda chaos (Valerie)

Callisto Rundström
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) Location: Inside the Banquet Hall
―――――― » » » ➺
C 2.jpeg
“Warm,” Siegfried whispered as he took her hand into his and Callisto prayed that he won’t feel the thundering pulse by her wrist. Callisto is a romantic. She has read hundreds of romance novels in her life and has heard dozens of palace gossip concerning romantic affairs. She is aware of the rushed heartbeats and sweet nothings a man can give. Yet, the books and gossips have never mentioned this feeling of… comfort she is currently experiencing.

A sense of right. A sense of home. A voice in her chest exclaiming, finally.

“It’s just that we Northerners are a warrior culture. We expect men and women to be strong and courageous. I mean, just look to Havardr and Braska. They’re prime examples of what we have to offer.” Her prince said and a part of her wanted to contest, but she let him talk and opted to hold his hand tighter. She had a feeling that if she were to interrupt him, this sense of connection would collapse. When he talked about the lack of affection and the warrior culture in the North, Callisto made a mental note to herself that when they get married, he would ask for nothing in terms of attention and affection. She will give it to him without question, with no space for doubts.

Siegfried then opened up about his fear of his siblings lack of approval, and it was a battle to not reply back and tell him he was wrong. Callisto bit her lips, watching as his lone eye mist up and it took everything in her to let her prince finish first before saying, “Thank you for telling me that. I am pleased to know you do not mind, my dear.” She grinned widely. Her prince then admitted that the feeling of enjoying each other's company was mutual and that everything she has felt so far; the comfort, the sense of ease, the sense of safety, he felt as well. Relief flooded her veins. So she was not just imagining it, that’s good, she was not just being a romantic fool. The mention of his injury made Callisto’s chest tighten, a wave of compassion overcoming her. Would it help if she told him she does not care about his injury? That, yes, she noticed it at first but never really lingered on it?

“It’s nice. Being able to be me with someone” Falling silent, Sieg’s grip around Callisto’s hand loosened just a little, still not fully noticing her hand in his. “Call me what makes you happy, Calli… I… I…” Callisto giggled at the nickname. Should she return the favor and call him Sieg? When he pulled back to dry his eye, Callisto reached over with her free hand to trace the area he wiped. Gently, she traced the side of his face before pulling back her hand. She then looked at the loose hand holding her own then tightened their hold, intertwining their fingers before smiling fondly at him.

“You did not have to tell me all those but I appreciate that you did. To know that you feel comfortable enough with me to share a part of your thoughts, of yourself, gives me the biggest relief because I am of the same thoughts. I may talk to strangers and people easily but it is different with you,” Callisto replied with the widest smile she could give. Excitement and hope filled her soul. “As for your questions, let me warn you that I might overshare but I think you are aware of that already!” She said merrily, her bell-like laugh echoing around them.

“For the first question, I will admit that I have multiple answers. Our country is blessed with continuous showers and the perfect temperature to stay indoors to warm up by the fireplace. If I do not have a tea party to attend to, I love reading romantic novels by the hearth with a cup of hot chocolate in accompaniment. And on the rare days that the sun shows itself and lets our land breathe, I make sure I go hiking through the forest grounds. There are plenty of wild animals roaming around! However, my favorite part is seeing the sun rays filter through the canopies of trees in the midst of nothing but stillness. It makes me feel like I’m in another world altogether, a world where there is nothing but peace,” she sighed as she recalled the last sunny day she experienced which was months ago. The princess then leaned closer to whisper sneakily in his ear, “I also like asking the maids and other servants about court gossip but do not tell other people, alright? I hate for my reputation to be ruined!” She giggled jokingly before leaning back, considering the questions.

“I guess that is my answer for your last question, too. Although our ocean is possibly the most beautiful in the kingdoms, the forests in Alawater Cay hold a special place in my heart. They are different. They are ancient and alive. The moment a person steps into them, this sense of wonder and magic will overcome you. And it is not like the magic we royals possess. The powers our forests hold are primitive and of yore, it breathes life into the world. Whenever I look up to the giant trees and see how tiny I am in comparison to them, it’s humbling to know that we are but small parts of the bigger world. That my royal status holds no ground in the greater scheme of things. That I am just a normal girl in this magnificent world.” A wistful sigh escaped her lips, recalling the moment this realization clicked in her head during one of her rare hiking trips. She then tilted her head while holding her chin as she considered the remaining question.

“Your second question is an unusual one, I must say. If I am being honest, there are plenty of things I would change; such as my siblings’ muddled relationship with each other, the incessant rain in the West because I myself would personally love some more sunny days, and the fact that war exists within our country. But for something to never change? That is something I have never really considered before,” the princess said as she looked around the room, looking for an idea, then looked at him. She bit her lips then gave him a bashful smile, “Well... maybe meeting you?”

Callisto felt her cheeks burn. “That is! Out of all the royals in this room, I am glad you are my match. Call it fate, call it destiny, or call it the hasty decision of our Queen, know that meeting you and calling you my husband will be a privilege that I am reluctant to let go of.” She said defensively, knowing that her answer must sound unfitting but it was the first answer she honestly thought of. “Oh you must think me silly…” the young princess sighed in distress but she laughed the embarrassment away, it was no use getting awkward over this. It was her earnest thoughts, after all.

“Can I just say I cannot wait to see the morning sun reflected on ice and snow. I've only known rain all my life. Will you tell me more about your home?” Callisto asked while she played with his hand. She liked how big his hand was compared to hers, liked how slightly more calloused it was yet it still felt soft, comforting. “I have only read about your country and would love to know more about it before I move there with you.”

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried)

Attachments

• C 2.jpeg
    C 2.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 442
Persephone
Persephone's yellow gaze remained wholly on the man before her. Not a moment passed by where she did not wonder where the time had gone. All these years had passed, and Persephone remained in the same spot. But her siblings flourished and grew into adults. Before her was not her little brother, but a Prince of the West. His words touched her ears and she gave way to a small smile. "Well that's what we're here for. Someone has to come and find you." She said half jokingly. There was a moment of silence between the two. A nice outstretching silence of recognition. Persephone nodded softly giving him a knowing look. She opened her mouth to speak but stopped as he himself began talking. As his words continued to drip from his tongue Persephone sighed; a sadness growing in her heart. How could he say such things about himself?

Persephone reached forward lightly grabbing his arm, and pulling him into an embrace. She wrapped her arms around him and spoke soothingly. "You are worth everything. You matter more to me then any sack of River Sigloi. Of course I would come find you." Her voice carried on like a sweet song in the wind; an embracing shadow of comfort. "I did not come here to drag you back to that god forsaken banquet. I came here to make sure you were okay." She said finally loosening her embrace enough to look at him. "So... dear brother, Are you okay?" She raised her hand and brushed away a few strands of hair from his face. She had completely disregarded the statement about their betrothed; she'd rather not think about that little fact at the moment. Her world right now was Damien's well being. Once she knew he was okay; then they could address... everything else.

Another moment passed by; where Persephone was just holding him. "You know. We don't have to go back if we don't want to." She said half heartedly. "There will be many more days in which we can dance around our betrothed." She said maybe a little to seriously. She knew there was no way to get around this. She had really hoped that she could, she had tried to, but there was going to be nothing that could change this. Persephone fully intended to push back for as long as she could. She had never wished to marry a prince, and there was no way that she was going to start now. If this... Korossa was to marry her; it was going to be a hard long battle. She intended to make it as much. Persephone had really hated using her siblings, but if there was a chance that he could help her post pone the gallivanting. She was sure to take that chance.

Interactions: Damien ( Vexumin Vexumin )
Mentions: Korossa ( xAlter xAlter )

Damien

Damien rubbed at his forehead a little. Being asked if he was alright was a different feeling for him. He usually was just the shadow that followed in his siblings footsteps. It was what he was tasked to do after all. Do his best for the other three. How he felt never mattered much until now. He breaths in a deep breath, letting the last of his panic fade away. "I am fine," he says, patting Persephone's arm. "Truthfully, I was just caught off guard by the quick aggression of that banquet hall. Not even a minute after entering and tension broke out between the princes of two kingdoms. To be dragged into that mess took a lot out of me. I despise conflict. I should not have walked into that hall as high strung as I was. Perhaps I was nervous as well. Shouldn't have taken my worries out on the way you looked. What kind of brother am I?"

Damien chuckles a little before he leans back, once his sisters embrace around him was taken away. "I know you'd rather not go back in, in all likelihood. I would not either myself, but once again I must think of someone other than myself now. I left my betrothed all alone back there. It'd be an embarrassment to her to not return. And given her energy, she probably might feel abandoned. Wouldn't want that." Although he admits that he should return, he found it hard to move. Then he seems to get an idea. He turns his head to face Persephone, a smile on his face. "A quick telling of truth perhaps. Something to get our thoughts off our minds before we go back in. Hold dear each others opinions and all that."

He places his hands below him so that he might turn himself more towards Persephone. Once he faced her more directly, he grinned. "Korossa. What are your first impressions of him. How do you feel about your matching with him? If you can't say for sure, then that is fine. Would you perhaps like for me to go first instead? Talk about my thoughts on Princess Hana?"

Interacting with: Panda chaos Panda chaos

• 1621464862715.png
    Korossa
    Interactions: Vexumin Vexumin Panda chaos Panda chaos

Kor watched as Kiku went and greeted Mori once again. He noticed the hesitance in her steps, and how she strayed more towards formality than familiarity. His eyes narrowed. Voices, insecurities of his own, whispered at the back of his mind. ”Why aren’t you more responsible like her?” they sang. ”Why aren’t you upholding the title of prince better?” they mocked. ”Why do you continue to disappoint me so?” his father spoke. Shaking his head, Kor looked around before making his way to exit the hall, the voices becoming louder. “Excuse me.”

Once out of the hall, Kor made his way out and tried to find the garden. He needed to regain himself. ”Like a coward you run. I raised you better.” his father spoke again. “Shut up… shut up…” he whispered to himself. Rounding on something that wasn’t there, Kor punched the stone wall. “Shut up!” he shouted intensely. “You don’t know anything about me! You don’t care at all after mom died! You neglected me, you neglected us! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!” Punching the wall again, Kor turned and leaned against it, falling to a seat position on the floor. He put his head in his hands, and tried to halt the tears. He sat there for a bit, just done with everything. Tilting his head back, Kor once more stood.

He decided not to return to the banquet hall, instead to just wander to clear his mind. Hands down at his side, Kor heard Persephone’s voice ring out. While it was too muddled to make sense of, he did know a direction. Wandering forth, he came upon Damien and Persephone. Was this why she had left? Finding a hiding spot, Kor stood against the wall, around the corner. Summoning on his magic, he blanketed himself in darkness, his appearance in the hall disappearing. He shouldn’t be doing this. He shouldn’t even be here. Hearing his name, Kor's heart tightened. Another name to put to the list of those he has disappointed, he thought to himself. Another name to add to those whose expectations he will never live up to.

Valerie Hedlestone
Valerie was standing peacefully in her corner; watching the display from afar. When someone called out to her. At first she didn't know that they were talking to her until they mentioned the wine. She sighed and opened her eyes looking around for the source. Valerie found that it was a fellow knight. Her eyes looked over him and then over the person he called Ella. Her gaze then went down to the baby, Jace, a small smile toying at her lips. She looked back up at the adults her face again as cold as the Northern winters. She looked them over once more and considered his words. He had introduced himself as Azalea. Slowly she took a few steps toward them; calculated and quick. She extended her hand towards him, the one with the wine glass, offering it to him. She said nothing but her eyes gave him a 'take it' kind of look. As soon as the glass was pulled from her hands; she nodded to the two. "Pleasure. I am Valerie Hedlestone, knight of the Northern kingdom." Her voice was level and calm, but her expression was unchanging. The way she carried herself was proud and confident. Once the glass was from her hand, she rested it on the handle of her battle axe. One of the many weapons she carried strapped to her side. She had hoped that she didn't need to use them, but it was better to have them then not.

Finally she decided to answer his question. "I had gotten the glass from my lady. She required something.... stronger; then a simple glass of wine." She said simply putting it. Turning her head to look at Braska; finding that her warning to the Princess had not stopped her. It seemed that Vern and Braska were at each others throats. Valerie let a small proud smile escape onto her lips; then as quick as an arrow it was gone. She turned back to the two and looked down at the babe. "Jace you said." She said more as a statement then a question. "They're a beautiful baby." She said quietly; not really directing it at anyone. Valerie had found that she had always had a soft spot for kids; especially babes. That may be because of her own broken childhood. But nevertheless she adored them. Always going out of her way to be nice to them specifically. She had almost forgotten that she was talking to adults; her gaze flicked back up to the two. The compassion in her eyes once again fading into nothing. It seemed that she was to good at suppressing any emotions she had. She didn't let herself feel; even if only for a moment.

Interactions: Azalea ( Te al Latte Te al Latte )
Ella and Jace ( Reiia silver Reiia silver )
Mentions: Braska ( Uasal Uasal )
Vern ( Mooniee Mooniee )

1621464671183.png
Adrian Aylian, Royal Guard of the North.
Banquette hall -> Kitchens
The royal guard stood near the entrance to the banquette hall. He had been instructed very simply: ensure the safety of the northern nobles at the banquette. Of course, the order was unnecessary for one like himself. This is what he lived for. Still, it was always good to know his usefulness was known and he was being of good use to the royal heirs.

Lady Miriam of the South had arrived, the last noble to do so. His own royals had been far more punctual. Truly of a higher caliber. He watched the southern royal speak to Princess Lynette, though from his position he could only speculate what was said. It appeared nothing more than cordial pleasantries at any rate, if Princess Lynette's composure was anything to go off of. His eyes switched over to Princess Braska, confronting the southern royal Vern. Lady Braska had always been quite harsh in her view on the Southern royalty. If this young prince wasn't up to the task he would be flattened before this banquette drew to its end. Speaking of Princes, Prince Havardr was clearly out of his natural habitat. This didn't surprise Adrian, such official gatherings and pristine pleasantries were far from the prince's preferred arrangements. Hopefully all would be well with him. Then there was prince siegfried, who was speaking with Lady Callisto from the west. Despite what the prince often claimed about himself, Adrian knew social events were nothing to the royal, who could turn a conversation to his desired subject with ease. In fact it was thanks to him the northern royals had learned the names of their partners before the banquette. That had led to some... interesting discussions about the merits of their future husbands and wives.

As Adrian went back to surveying the room as a whole, his gave fell upon the door to the kitchens. A young boy, (perhaps a dishwasher?) had come out into the main hall and appeared to be looking for something. The boy suddenly potted Adrian and made his was around the edge of the hall to him.

"Excuse me, sir knight, but there is a disturbance in the kitchens. A strange woman muttering to herself while observing the entrees. My master, the cooks I mean, are extremely busy preparing tonight's courses and have asked for help removing her from their workplace."

Adrian considered this. His main purpose was to protect the northern royals, the efficiency of the central capital cooks did not fall under that. Then again, if this woman was attempting to sabotage the food his masters would soon be consuming... well that was another issue entirely. He would have to be sure.

"Very well. I shall be there in but a moment." He replied shortly. The young boy nodded fervently and hurried back toward the kitchen doors.

Uasal Uasal Mooniee Mooniee Panda chaos Panda chaos
Adrian strode quickly, though not in any way that should raw attention, to where Valeria stood by Lady Braska. Valerie was a good knight, and he knew it would be best to alert her as well as Lady Braska of where he was about to go and why. Drawing up next to the edge of the table, he addressed the two members of the north.

"My apologies for the interruption your highness, I've come to report. A woman is causing a disturbance in the kitchens, muttering over the entrees prepared for your and the other royalty's meals. I will be in the kitchens dealing with the issue at the request of the cooks, I would not wish to risk the poisoning or enchanting of your meal." Adrian spoke to Princess Braska, ignoring Prince Vern. He also gave a Valerie a look and a nod, as though to acknowledge her good work at staying by the princess's side. Adrian trusted her to keep the princess and the others safe should something happen while he was busy in the kitchens.

After giving his report, Adrian crossed the hall and exited through the kitchen doors. It was quite the sight to behold. Cooks were scrambling in every direction, food was being carried and prepared and cooked in every direction he looked. To the untrained eye it looked like pure chaos, but Adrian knew enough that this room was busy with a careful, precise flow of purposeful activity. All to prepare the absolute best dishes at the exact right moment they should be prepared. He noted the young dishwasher boy, who looked quite relieved Adrian had come after all, though the knight made no motion to acknowledge this.

Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59 xAlter xAlter
In all this it wasn't hard to spot the woman. Well dressed, it was clear this woman was a noble, or at the very least held herself in such regard as to think she was one. Moving carefully so as not to blockade any moving cooks, the knight made his way toward her. There was another man with her as well. Clearly not a cook, he stood out like a sore thumb. Still, the menacing aura he gave off would have been enough to keep any reasonable cook from confronting him directly.

"Madam, you and your companion's presence here has been identified as a nuisance. You are all asked to leave and will be escorted from the room." Adrian stated, gesturing toward the exit out of the kitchen and away from the banquette hall. He looked at the two of them with a cold, resolute expression, as if if to say that this would not be up for discussion.

Last edited:
Persephone
Persephone watched as Damien fiddled a bit. His answer not coming naturally. It would make sense that that was the case; they were not often asked about their well being. She waited patiently until he finally answered with a meek. "I am fine." Persephone sighed; he wasn't lying but he wasn't telling the truth either. She didn't press any further. He followed his words with a light pat on her arm. She gave him a small smile; listening intently as he spoke again. She smiled and nodded, "I mean... It seemed everyone, besides the people of the East, were rattled that A bear did walk into the room." Persephone knitted her eyebrows reaching out and grabbing his cheek. "Don't speak like that. You're mind and intentions were well placed. It is I who should feel bad. Walking into the hall like that; I was supposed to be representing the West." She sighed and pulled her hand back.

Her ears flicked up as he spoke again; she gave a sheepish smile. He wasn't wrong. He knew her to well not to know her intentions. Persephone nodded and listened as he spoke; her attention fully on him. "I understand. But do keep in mind that your mental and emotional health is important too. Do not force yourself to do anything." Her voice was soft and soothing; carrying like a whistle in the wind. She leaned back herself; getting more comfortable. She was used to sitting on the ground, but this was hard floors. As she shifted her garments moved this way and that like a wave of water. Her hair bouncing and shifting on her shoulders. She finally settled into a position when Damien spoke again. Her yellow gaze flicked up to him and she waited. She smiled and nodded. "If it'll help you. Of course." She said softly, a small excitement growing in her. And anticipation of what was to come.

His next words hit her like a heated iron rod. The scolding metal charring her skin; branding her thoughts on her face. She cleared her throat and shook her head. "Perhaps it would be better if you would go first. I have.... many thoughts... to share." She said calmly; not letting a hint of her other emotions show. She didn't want to weigh him down with her opinions. It was unfair to him after all of this. But then on the other hand; he asked her to be truthful and she would never lie to him. Him going first would allow her time to process her thoughts. Maybe... she would tell him the truth, but not all of it. Persephone nodded; yes that was what she was going to do.

Interactions: Damien ( Vexumin Vexumin )
Mentions: Korossa ( xAlter xAlter )

Callisto Rundström
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) Location: Inside the Banquet Hall
―――――― » » » ➺
C 2.jpeg
Callisto’s imagination headed to the Northern lands, to the plains of snow and ice and its harsh winters. She was used to the cold, she can handle it. And the promise of summer would be a welcome break to the cold she grew up in. Siegfried then told her about the cavern underneath the mountains of his country. The mention of a natural hot spring caught her interest. “I would absolutely adore that. I love getting out of the palace grounds. Does the terrain allow for hiking and walking?” She asked excitedly.

“I think you’d love the North, even despite the cold…” Siegfried said as he squeezed Callisto’s hand. “And if we ever do get cold, we can warm up by the fire with hot chocolate.” She can’t help but smile at that. What a thoughtful man her fiancé was. How can she be so fortunate as to match with someone so kind?

“Tell me about your siblings. I want to hear more about them.”

The question made Callisto perk up, a proud grin on her lips. “My siblings are amazing in their own special way,” She scanned the room to look at Kumo, the eldest prince, Alawater Cay’s chosen heir. “My brother Kumo, the Western kingdom’s chosen heir, is the most compelling and probably the best heir a king could ask for. He is dutiful and powerful, both in leadership and in personality. His will is made of steel, but his heart is that of gold. He will do right to anyone he calls his own, will lay down his life for them. Super protective when it comes to his siblings, most especially me for some odd reason, and his kingdom. Sometimes to a fault, but I know he means well.” Callisto watched as his brother stood in the banquet hall. His gait, his stance, everything about him was that of a future king. “But he is a hotheaded idiot, sometimes. Easily frustrated. Though I assume it’s because of the stress put unto his shoulders, that’s why he’s more prone to explosive anger than most.”

Callisto then turned her glance back to Siegfried, smiling a little. “My brother Damien is just a year older than me. The fact that we are so close in age made me follow him around a lot when we were little even though he wanted nothing more than to be alone,” She laughed at the memory of Damien and her sitting by a tree in the courtyard; Damien trying to read a book and Callisto trying to ask Damien what the book he was reading was about. “My brother is more quiet and withdrawn but he is the epitome of a perfect gentleman and is the ideal image of regality. He is also the most knowledgeable person I know! Wise to a fault. I believe it makes him overthink, sometimes. And his overthinking can physically affect him, making him panic,” she said worriedly before shifting her eyes to the heavy wooden doors Persephone exited out of to look for Damien. “But.. Damien is a magnificent prince; dutiful and hardworking, he inspires me to be better.”

Persephone is our eldest. As I have said before, she is intense. But oh is she the most brilliant woman I know,” Callisto stared at their hands but her mind was on her sister. “Beautiful, talented, and strong. She is so strong. She has the capability to command our armies and ships if my father would only allow it.” She shook her head a little, about how closed minded the Western King was when it comes to Persephone leading. “Growing up and because of our 8 years age difference, I was so intimidated by her. I grew up seeing and knowing that she is destined for greatness, while I was just the awkward little girl following her cool older sister around,” Callisto giggled then gave Siegfried a knowing look. “But underneath that daunting facade is the tenderest heart I know. As I mentioned before, she loves intensely. I say this because I see it every time she looks at me and my brothers.”

Callisto then looked at the ground forlornly. It was obvious her siblings, especially Persephone and Kumo, love each other and would go to the ends of the world for each other if needed, but there was a fracture in their relationship that stopped them from doing so. A fracture that’s almost inconceivable yet it runs deep within them. Heaven knew she tried to be the glue, tried to be the bridge. However, it was not enough. She knew whatever the fracture is was something the two of them need to fix themselves. Callisto shook her head then put on a grin. “How about you, my prince, how would you describe your siblings? Also, I heard that your eldest siblings are twins! How exciting is that. Do they sometimes think the same? Our royal butlers are also twins and they are always so in-sync with each other, it’s really amusing,” she said, curiosity filling her eyes. “Your sisters that I met a while ago looked kind and good-natured. It seems you get along with them very well.”

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried) Mentions: imXeno imXeno (Kumo) Vexumin Vexumin (Damien) Panda chaos Panda chaos (Persephone) NightTerror NightTerror (The twins)

DIDozYe.jpg

Reina
Countess of Armadyl
Banquet Kitchen
xAlter xAlter Morzone Morzone
The arrival of her associate beckoned her attention. Their masqueraded steps were as skilled as their keen senses to follow her from Armadyl. Eloquent words, made to emulate hers. Surely, their time well-spent were enough for him to mirror her self-indulging rhymes. How quickly they folded under her governance, a shared path of vengeance. A competent chef, as they were with a blade. They were no stranger to ills of the fated stars as Reina's own calamities. While she has chosen to make her presence here, she did not expect him to follow her as he did. However, it did brought about a certain feeling that she had not felt for a long time.

"Azem, my apostle. Your presence is most abrupt, as is your ever-racing heart. Your dedication is noted, but unrefined. What is the first and crucial task when one is in the field?" Reina spoke softly, eyeing her subordinate with a gray visage.

"Information. So belay that hand, my apostle of death. Patience will be your crucible this day." she concluded.

A swift dance of blues, a malevolent storm of steely flesh. A paladin approached them, properly dressed for the occasion. It is as Reina intended. How easily for the prepared to simply react so quickly to her actions. Busybodies, no doubt, can be used both ways. To cause a scene in the hall will disrupt the banquet, beckoning a united respond in force. No, she needed a subtler way to draw them out, like a sigeing force beckoning the defenders to expend their resources needlessly. Evidently, they gave in. Judging by their attires, and cold expression, it was an unmistaken trait of their Northern counterparts. The primary distinction was that of their aroma - reeking of salted sea and tundra pines. Warriors of a long-standing code, vigilant in their steely hearts, and abundant in strength.

"A nuisance? Without so much as to inquire the reasons of our presence? Coarse words, sir, coarse words without wisdom. A Northern warrior would presume their authority in the Central Capital? Surely, you must see the irony. It would seems that the Tundra has their own ambitions, as many of us have feared. Here I was, expecting the Northern Kingdom would be as tactful deliverers of peace as they are proud warriors. It seems that I have overestimated your liege's alleged potentials. Alas, perhaps you are not ready to hear of the wicked war that is to come." Reina remarked, as she eyed Azem.

"Pay my thoughts no mind, paladin. We shall simply vacate the premise under your directives. But remember this moment well, sir. For you have turned a blind eye to a friend..." she added, turning towards Azem.

"...and a great chef. Come, my vehement disciple. Let us venture home, for we are forsaken by the North. Perhaps our friends in the South will become the beacon of hope for us all." the Countess brushed her hair back, turning towards the Northern Knight one last time.

"Seek me out in Armadyl should you change your mind. Ask yourself, how far will you go to rid the land of corruption and keep your liege safe? Ta-ta, sir knight. Send my regards to His and Her Highnesses." Reina bowed, taking two steps back, as she led her subordinate out of the room.

With Reina and Azem out of the Northern paladin's earshot, she finally spoke her thoughts openly.

"Look at them, and look at them well, Azem. See before you those who indulge in their own lavish treats, while the world suffers. Homeless veterans, families torn asunder, poverty under the oppression of the rich. My grievances against my Blood are mere stones in my path. I feel famished, perhaps some pancakes once our endeavors with the nobles are squared away?" Reina's eyes veered towards Azem.

Damien

The young prince seemed to try to get into a more positive mindset. Now that he was out of his funk, it was not entirely hard for him to do. He even seemed to show a bit of energy, but not much. He wasn't known for his cheery demeanor like his betrothed might be. He gives his thoughts some careful consideration. Even though they were seemingly on his lonesome, he was never one to speak poorly of someone behind their backs, not that he had anything poor to speak of when it came to Princess Hana.

"Let's see. Well, to start, her energy is otherworldly. I was honestly a little intimidated when she walked through those doors. I had seen her name beside my own at the table, but when she interrupted the steward to shout her own name, I felt a bit overwhelmed. I can't say it was bad, but I felt that I was about to be dragged about and torn free from my usual interests. Quiet days would end, long sessions of reading over. I can say that I'm honestly not looking forward to that, and I am hoping that in time that energy will dwindle just a little." Damien think for a few more moments, considering his next words as well.

"However, while her energy might be a little out of my league, I feel that she can make things interesting. That, and the fact that she does not let stress visibly cause her discomfort is something to be adored. It kind of makes me feel that I can forget the usual worries. The veil of nobility slipping away bit by bit. That after a long day, even a few moments with her can make the weight on my shoulders slip away for a while." Damien quiets himself, rubbing at the back of his neck. "Of course, these are just a few first impressions. I can't say that I know the princess."

Damien smiles ever so slightly. 'Well, those are my thoughts on my situation." He goes silent for a few moments, eyeing Persephone. "You know, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I thought it would help me to speak my mind. I probably figured it would help you too, but there is not pressure, honest. Share or not, you're still my sister. Doesn't make me care for you less because you're uncomfortable."

Interaction: Panda chaos Panda chaos

Mentions: Reiia silver Reiia silver

• 1621544389064.png
    Siegfried

Siegfried could agree. From what little he heard outside, and what little he had encountered on his own, her assessments were true enough. Kumo did seem like the type to wear his heart on his sleeve, to put others above himself. He could understand the concept of stress eating away at you. Damien, he didn’t have too much of an opinion on. He didn’t hear all that much of the previous commotion, but his escape from the banquet was telling of something. And his overthinking can physically affect him, making him panic,” So that was what that was. Interesting.

Thinking about the eldest sister of the west, Sieg cringed internally. Strong she was, that he could agree on. The way she had subtly threatened him and the situation, Sieg wasn’t naive enough to miss the signs. She was an outlier, one who he would like to get to know better as well. He would like to get to know all her siblings better, for reasons. Maybe they would be able to give him an idea, a way of ending the conflict between Braska and Havardr peacefully. He could only hope. Hearing Callisto ask about his siblings, Sieg’s mind halted for a moment. He should’ve known she would reciprocate the question in kind when he had first asked it.

Sieg looked away, uncomfortable when Callisto mentioned the twins. He realized his mistake when he made a visible reaction to the statement, one he hoped he could try and cover up. The twins were a sore subject for him. Choosing a side, supporting one over the other, he didn’t realize how hard of a choice it would be. As children growing up, choosing a side was always part of childish games, where the harshest punishment was a dunk into the freezing rivers or giving up their dessert to the winner. It was never about life or death, right or wrong, or the future of the North.

“I wish,” he started off slowly. “I wish I could say that we aren’t as fractured as you are, but that simply isn’t the case. We’ve slowly drifted apart as we grew up, after Braska left on her quest, after my incident. We still love and care for each other, but it's not as profound as it was when we were children.”

He began by looking at Braska. “The eldest by mere minutes, Lady Braska of the North. The current heir to the throne. Braska is a warrior, but not just a warrior. She is a leader, a thinker, and a planner. Although not as proficient in martial prowess as Havardr, she is still able to stand on her own. She has only the best in mind for the North, a North where we can flourish and not just survive. There is no better leader for the North. Her care for me and Lynette is as fierce as a lioness for her cub.”

“Havardr emulates the warriors of myth and of old.” he said, turning to look at his brother. “There is no warrior stronger or fiercer in the North than him. He truly stands for what it means to be a Northerner. But he is simpleminded, quick to think with his fists rather than his brain. He is still a great leader though, one more suited for the battlefield than a throne room. I love him, he is my brother, but his claim on the throne is one made of hate, not a future of prosperity.” Trembling, Sieg took the wine glass nearby and quickly downed the whole thing. Placing the empty wine glass on the table, Sieg continued.

“Lynette, sweet Lynette.” He turned to look at her. “She is the light of our lives, the sun in our days. She is carefree, without a doubt. She does not uphold much responsibility, all truths be told. She has nothing to worry about besides living her life. I envy her. Always joyous, always a wonder. I would protect her with my life.” He looked back at Callisto and smiled. “We used to eavesdrop on the local gossip as well,” he admitted. “We would hide under tables, stow away in cabinets, and wrap ourselves in curtains. Simpler days, simpler times.”

Leaning back into his chair, Sieg seemed to relax as tension left him. “I love my siblings, all of them. We’re all our own people, but sometimes it feels like we aren’t a family.” War was coming to the North, whether he or anyone else liked it or not. The Northern siblings’ betrotheds would also be dragged in, and war would break out across the land. There would be no escape from it. Pulling at his collar, Sieg made a choice. “It is getting a bit stuffy here. Would you, perhaps, like to join me on a walk?”

1621090871157.png

Lady Braska / The Northern Wind's Chosen

Vern doubling down on his compliments to Braska did very little for his case, practically going in one ear and out the other without registration. Braska cared little about such compliments and cared even less about them coming from Vern. However, what she cared even less for was the support of the Southern Kingdom. The north was cold, frigid, unforgiving and a place that nurtured only the strongest of will and fighters. The south? They had coconuts at best. They were tough right? Coconuts? For the most part, the South was an arid and tropical Land with architecture being built out of marble in grand gestures. They had roughly 90,000 men at hand but that in itself was just a facade for those who could be classed as well trained were lacking. Perhaps being on beachside properties in marble arched castles with scarcely clothed women running around was a good recipe for softening an army's overall strength. But aside from that having a foreign power back her ascension would be a mark on her name, she needed no foreign help in winning over the hearts and support of her people. And she would die before she ever let a foreign soldier set foot inside northern territory should the civil war break out. Ally or not.

Trade-wise, however, Braska was more than ready to abuse her marriage for better deals going forward. Such an opportunity for acquiring cheaper amenities could not be wasted, nor could the chance to open more routes between the two kingdoms for the iron and steel trade. A pretty profit was bound to be made. "You'll assist, me? A scrawny man such as yourself would only belittle the standing I have. You've yet to be to the North yet. My best advice to you going forward is to keep your mouth shut in front of others and focus on not dying to frostbite. If you think I'm being harsh wait until you meet those with no obligation to hold back."

When Vern brought the glass Of wine to his lips, Braska mentally sighed. Of course, he drank wine. Valerie soon returned with her mead as requested and offered Braska some words in private as she passed the tankard from her own hand to Braska's. Valerie was a strong knight and a knight she trusted enough to keep close at all times. Adrian Was her right-hand man but if he were ever busy Valerie was who she could trust to take his place temporarily. Although normally one to take note of her knight's words and consider them in high regard, tonight Braksa had a goal and said goal could not be reached without stirring the pot. If she was to see her husband's true colors a lot more talking was needed as was taunting. But what was the fun in revealing such a plan to Valerie? Surely her not knowing would make the whole ordeal much more interesting to watch and cure the boredom that was apparent upon her face.

It was after she had departed Braska began targeting Vern's build. A move that clearly hit a sore point in more than an amusing way. The man attempted to cast a cold gaze back at Braska upon hearing her words but it was clear he hadn't the force to back up the intent behind his eyes. A dog who was all bark. Braska was no stranger to cold looks and at this stage of her life she could see right through such things. She could see right through Vern. Her eyes locked with his but peering far deeper. Now... was he going to flight or fight?

His sudden outburst suggested it was to be fight. When his hand hit the table with a loud thump Braska didn't budge, instead, her eyes followed his and her smile shifted slowly to that of a grin. Vern's actions were childish, he was quick to rise but at least he didn't bow his head and run. Perhaps there was a wolf yet that could be raised from this yammering pup. But for now, Braska would push on and see at which point she could make him brake if any. Could this man really stand on his own feet up north? Or would her people's ways swallow him in despair.

"What an impressive display of raw masculine power. It is good I'm sitting for I feel my knees may have weakened at such a sight." Braska moved to drink her ale, her sarcasm as obvious as the bear striding through the hall. "Well then, tell me. Do continue. Tell me what you're capable of, what makes you a better heir to the southern throne. What makes you so 'special' in your mother's eyes".

Before Braska could continue Adrian made his appearance at her side, moving to inform her of a disturbance in the kitchen to which she could only laugh. Be it the way he worded it or her mind wandering Braska could not but think of her close friend and knight cooking for the royals in the grand kitchen of the central kingdom, apron and all. What a sight that would be! Laughing still Braska took a hold of the man's shoulder and passed him her empty tankard "Well, If a stranger ishes to poison my food let them, I'd wager it'd be better for me than anything you cook up my friend! Haha!" Pausing to glance at Vern Vraska continued "Although both would likely save me from my suffering here this day. None the less Adrian could you refill my tankard while you're there please". and with that he was gone and Braska quietly chuckled to herself as she watched him depart.

Mooniee Mooniee Panda chaos Panda chaos Morzone Morzone

Callisto Rundström
―――――― » » » ➺
C 2.jpeg
Callisto caught his look of trepidation when she mentioned the twins; she was watching his face, after all. She bit her lips and stopped herself from asking about it. He will talk about them soon enough, anyway. “I wish,” he started off slowly. “I wish I could say that we aren’t as fractured as you are, but that simply isn’t the case. We’ve slowly drifted apart as we grew up, after Braska left on her quest, after my incident. We still love and care for each other, but it's not as profound as it was when we were children."

Callisto bit her lower lip again, feeling a little guilty. He got the wrong impression, they are fractured. But she decided to correct him later and not intrude on what he was currently saying. She followed his gaze to Braska, listening attentively. She was the friendly lady that teased Siegfried before. The lady with the strong gait and stance who exuded power in her wake. The princess is glad her bethroted carried obvious care and adoration for his older sister and, from what Callisto witnessed before, the care and adoration was mutual. “..Her care for me and Lynette is as fierce as a lioness for her cub.” Callisto blinked. He did not mention Havardr.

“… I love him, he is my brother, but his claim on the throne is one made of hate, not a future of prosperity.” Ah, Callisto thought as she watched the big man on the other side of the table. Right. Since they were twins, both Havardr and Braska has rightful claims to the throne. Unlike in Alawater Cay, their king has not chosen a heir between the two eldest. Callisto wondered on how they would even settle and dispute for their own claims. A debate, perhaps? A mock-battle between their own legions? Or maybe, a voting system for their constituents? A fleeting feeling of sympathy crossed Callisto’s chest, it was obvious that Havardr is not as close-knit as the other three. Aside from not having the signature family white locks, there is an obvious distance between him and his other siblings. Is this the fracture Siegfried was talking about? Also, based on what he told her, it was apparent that her husband-to-be is more in favor of Braska leading their kingdom.

Callisto smiled when he mentioned Lynette. “Lynette and I have that in common, I believe,” the young princess told him, thinking about how privileged she was to not have as much responsibilities as her siblings. The obvious affection her prince carried for the younger Northern sister was endearing for Callisto. It reminded her of her own relationship with her brothers. “We would hide under tables, stow away in cabinets, and wrap ourselves in curtains. Simpler days, simpler times,” the prince added and Callisto tightened her grip on his hand. “If all you said was true, I believe that Lynette and I will get along splendidly.” She whispered hopefully.

“I love my siblings, all of them. We’re all our own people, but sometimes it feels like we aren’t a family.” Siegfried finished and Callisto felt that there was something more behind those words. A foreshadowing of a future storm. However, whatever happens, whether it be court drama or the usual familial disagreements, Callisto decided that she would always choose the side of her soon-to-be husband. That is what marriage is about, right? Devotion and loyalty? Love can come after.

“It is getting a bit stuffy here. Would you, perhaps, like to join me on a walk?”

Callisto stole a quick look at Kumo who was thankfully busy with his own match then nodded. “I would love to, dear. It is getting a bit stuffy with all these people here. Where are you thinking of going? Have you explored the Middle Kingdom castle yet?” She chattered excitedly while letting go of his hand before standing up from her chair to fix the skirt of her dress. “I rarely leave my own kingdom so I am not really familiar with the ins and outs of this place. I hope the rain has stopped, it would be nice to see a clear night sky and some stars. We rarely see them in our kingdom, you see, since it rains all the time.”

After making sure her clothes are still presentable and not wrinkled, she turned back to her prince and grabbed his hand again. “Lead on, my prince.”

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried)

Char_suggest_3.PNG

Prince Kumo
Interactions: Reiia silver Reiia silver (Erica), Morzone Morzone (Miriam)

The prince chuckled as he took his seat again, nodding at her reply. "I'm sure Prince Aron will not allow any harm to come to her. I can assume the little lady deserves a friend, even though a bear might be...unconventional. The animal showing up caused enough of a scene, I don't think such actions are necessary." Kumo chuckled with Erica, folding his hands in his lap with satisfaction. The princess before him appeared to be delighted, her scintillating green hues being as bright as stars from her bliss. Was he giving off a sound first impression? From her reactions, Kumo concluded so, the easily evident beaming smiles and low giggles only furthering his assumption. Thankfully, the prince wasn't paired with a woman that would despise him, as that would only catapult another hindrance to his upcoming inheritance of Alawater Cay. Even though his mind focused on the future and he had only bought into this obscure scheme for the safety of the West, Kumo couldn't help but admit that Erica was appealing. Whether it was her captivating looks or her tranquil demeanor, she intrigued him. He found himself caught on her words, studying her mannerisms and behaviors with wonderment; trying to piece together more and more of what made up his betrothed. The prince was unable to put his finger on it. Whatever it was about the woman, it drew him in.

Kumo opened up his mouth to speak, being interrupted by a set of footsteps approaching their side of the table. If it was anyone, Kumo for sure did not expect the individual that came... the one and only, Princess Miriam. The Phoenix Princess herself. The royal hid his surprise behind a warm smile, his eyes sliding up to meet Miriam's. The warrior prince had never met the Southern princess on or off the battlefield, but she was well-known amongst the officials that led the Western Army. Talented and courageous yet merciful, from what he knew, Miriam was the epitome of an exemplary combatant. Princess Miriam stepped behind her sister, grasping her shoulder as she spoke. Kumo raised a hand as if to brush away the introduction. "No need to introduce yourself, princess. I believe anyone who knows enough about warfare can recognize the dashing Miriam herself. I'd say the same, your name does come up quite often. Your sister is beyond expectations...I do feel extremely lucky to be matched with her. Again, I thank you for taking the time to come to us." He replied, flashing the princess a quick smile before she walked off.

With a sigh, he turned back to Erica, refolding his hands in their previous position. "Out of all of your siblings, I did not expect to come across Miriam first. She is quite the individual, is she not?" Kumo stated, leaving out his thought regarding the fact that she was also a thorn in his side. In his years of fighting, he had never come across Princess Miriam, as she avoided large battles yet still made her impact felt with the operations she did, making her the hardest to pin down. "I admire her respect and courtesy. She displays those principles that dignify her as a warrior in every action she does, hm?" He continued, his eyes trailing back to the princess who left, the smile fading when he dragged his sigh to Erica.

1621726604428.png
Siegfried

Seeing her take in his every word, Sieg felt a bit at a loss for words. She listened and he almost saw a glint of knowing in those beautiful eyes of hers. He could tell she was catching on to what he was hinting at. War. The North would plunge into war, and Sieg did not want Callisto as part of it. But hearing her say how she and Lynette would get along, hope bloomed in Sieg’s heart. Maybe, just maybe, with everyone getting married off, the North could have a chance to come back together as a family. Maybe, he hoped, just maybe.

When Callisto let go his hand, Sieg almost let out a noise of disappointment. He was enjoying the feeling of her touch. Beginning to stand himself, Siegfried’s hand was once more intertwined with Callisto’s. He used his other free hand to smooth out his own pants, clearing the wrinkles and ruffles. Hopefully, grandmother would be okay with the youngest of the North and West wandering through the halls. Smiling gently at Callisto, he began to lead the younger princess out of the banquet hall. “I believe the rain has stopped.” he said quietly, his keen ears not noticing the pattering of water droplets upon the roof anymore “Let’s go see the stars, shall we?”

Gripping a little more tightly on Callisto’s hand, not so hard as to hurt her, but enough to keep her grip in his, Sieg led Callisto out of the hall. He chose a path to avoid detection of others, but knowing the keen eye of Braska, or any of his siblings really, they’d notice his absence. None of the other royals would, or so he hoped. Turning to look at Callisto as they made their way through the hall, Sieg’s smile widened. He felt… free.

Arriving upon the courtyard, Sieg turned his eyes to the now clear sky. The rains had ceased, and the canvas of the night sky was laid bare before him. Stars glittered as fine as jewels laid bare upon a midnight background. They glistened as if freshly polished, ready to be made into the most exquisite jewelry. The moon shone like a light, alone as a giant in the dark sky. Sieg stopped and just stared, taking in the view. “It’s beautiful,” he said softly. He had seen such skies back home in the North, but something about this experience was different.

Last edited:
1621789702657.png
Adrian Aylian, Knight of the North
Banquette Kitchen -> Banquette Hall

Thankfully, the woman and her 'skilled chef' left without causing a scene. Adrian escorted them to the exit, and allowed the door to shut between them. The knight turned and maneuvered back through the kitchens. A few chefs thanked him an the dishwasher boy who had asked for his helped smiled, but Adrian paid little attention to it all. Rather, he was busy trying to quash his thoughts back into a respectable, logical, calm, organized fashion.

How dare they insult the noble royal family he served? How dare they mock and deride all they had accomplished, all the hope they inspired in their people? Blind eye to a friend indeed, she was lucky he didn't turn her blind forever! no, no he needed to calm down. It would look poorly on Braska and the others for one of their knights to cause a scene. Adrian couldn't allow himself to fall to such easy provocations. Nobles like her... they held no merit in their words or actions. The only thing important to him right now was refilling Braska's drink and returning to the main hall.

Uasal Uasal Mooniee Mooniee
Adrian took a deep breath, slapped his face a bit to make sure he wasn't looking irritable, and headed back into the Banquette room. Not much had changed, so the knight simply crossed over to Braska's table once again to report on what had happened.

"Your tankard returns, Lady Braska. Though perhaps you could make it last more than 30 seconds this time or else Prince Havardr might think you're challenging him to a drinking contest." Adrian said, a slight smile behind his words as he placed the tankard full of drink before the princess. As he straightened up again he took the moment to look over the young prince from the south that Braska was to be partnered with. Vern was his name, or so prince Siegfield had reported. At first glance he seemed as polar opposite of Lady Braska as one could imagine, if the difference between a glass of wine and a tankard of drink said anything. He certainly couldn't imagine this southern prince in a drinking contest with any of the northern nobles. Still, there was a slight air of pride and determination around him so perhaps it was not hopeless.

"The issue in the kitchen is of no concern. Only a vain noble who believes all that is not done by her own hand is of ruin, and that of her own is utopian. Beyond a silver tongue, she is of no consequence." the knight explained. Hopefully this was the last time he'd ever have to deal with that one particular noblewoman.

Callisto Rundström
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) Location: Inside the Banquet Hall » The Courtyard
―――――― » » » ➺
C 2.jpeg
The warmth of the Northern Prince’s hand was seeping through Callisto’s palm, calming her nerves, yet she could feel her pulse thundering in anticipation. She liked the way he held her hand, liked how tight his grip was, as if he had no intention of ever letting her go. She hoped none of her siblings see her leaving the banquet hall. Especially Kumo. If he saw her and her bethroted going off on their own in the middle of an event by the Queen, Callisto will never hear the end of it. She looked at Ella, giving her a small wave of goodbye and a gesture to keep silent about her departure before following Siegfried’s path towards the door.

Upon exiting and entering the premises of the hallway, her fiance turned to her and gave her the most breathtaking smile he’s shown that evening. Callisto blinked, her cheeks burning, then couldn’t help but smile back. It’s as if the nervous energy her prince was carrying when he entered the dining hall has now disappeared, leaving only the feeling of weightlessness in its passing. Relaxed Prince Siegfried was a sight to behold, his presence like a balm of comfort in the chill of the night.

When they arrived at the courtyard, they were greeted with the clear evening sky. Callisto let out a silent gasp. The rain has passed, leaving only the cool air and smell of dew around them. Thousands of stars lit the blank, dark canvas of the night. In middle of the sky was the moon, gentle in its presence but demanding in its light. It was magnificent, truly magnificent. The last time Callisto saw a clear night sky like this was months ago and a part of her wanted to cry in all of its beauty. “It’s beautiful,” her prince said softly and she could only nod lest a tear falls out of her eye. How fortunate is she, to have to experience this moment with the person she will spend the rest of her life with. Everything she has hoped for in this match was given to her and more. How can she be so blessed? It felt almost too good to be true.

After a few minutes of quietly watching the sky, Callisto squeezed his hand before letting it go. Her emotions were threatening to spill and she needed to let it out. Turning to her prince, she smiled a little, “I might be a little loud but bear with me, darling.” She walked towards the middle of the courtyard, basking in the moonlight. She felt the wind touch her face and hair, ruffling her gown and whispering inside her ear. Her magic called to her.

Callisto sang into the night. She felt her power enveloping the area with a sense of calm and tenderness. A small, gentle glow of light blue appears on her throat. Her power; Tranquillum.

Between the here, Between the now
Between the North, Between the South
Between the West, Between the East
Between the time, Between the place

From the shell
The Song of the Sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again,
Mo ghrá (My love)

Between the winds, Between the waves
Between the sands, Between the shores
From the shell
The Song of the Sea
Neither quiet nor calm
Searching for love again,

Between the stones, Between the storms
Between belief, Between the seas
Tá mé i dtiúin (I am in tune)

Callisto finished then opened her eyes, feeling the magic slowly dissipate. The warmth of blue on her throat disappeared. She turned to look at Siegfried, a bashful grin on her face. “Was I alright?” The princess asked. People have likened her voice to the combination of a siren and an angel before, telling her that she could perform in opera houses if she wished to. Callisto did not agree but that did not stop her from singing her heart out anyway. It was her magic, after all, it was part of who she was.

“That song is a known lullaby of Alawater Cay. It sings about the Middle Kingdom and the path towards the West, towards the oceans. I do not know its origins, exactly, but it was a song my mother used to sing to me. I love singing it when I am overwhelmed. It grounds me.”

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried) Reiia silver Reiia silver (Ella)

Song: Song of the Sea by Lisa Hannigan

1621913400135.png
Siegfried

Siegfried only continued to stare at the night sky. He took a deep breath in and was met with the cool air filling his body. The cold was a comfort. It was familiar. It was home. Breathing out, Sieg was about to ask Callisto a question when he felt a squeeze. Turning to his fiance, Sieg watched as she walked out to the middle of the courtyard, and he slowly followed, unsure of what to do.

” I might be a little loud but bear with me, darling.” Bear with her for what? And what did she mean she was going to be a little loud? As the moonlight enveloped her, Sieg was then left breathless. If before Callisto looked like a Valkyrie of the old myths, now she looked like an angel he had read about. She was dazzling, pure, and beautiful. Of course, he was hesitant to voice his thoughts, but he wouldn’t get to do so as she began to sing.

Words, lyrical words that held meaning, carried so much meaning and emotion flowed freely from this angel before him. His heart calmed and he was left without a worry. Sieg took a step forward, and then another until he was nary but a few paces away from Callisto. The song evoked memories of his own mother, singing him to sleep at night, lulling him to bed with lullabies. Stopping, Sieg’s legs felt weak, but his mind was clear.

“I’m speechless,” he said after some hesitance. He didn’t know how to describe what he had just witnessed with words, much less with his own thoughts. He couldn’t even begin to try and give meaning to what he heard, it just was. “I-that was lovely…” Stepping closer, Sieg offered out his hand again. “As my sister mentioned earlier, I used to, and still do dance. Would you care for one,” Gulping any doubt and worry, Sieg continued. “m-my p-princess?”

dasdasdasd.jpg
E͜͡r͜͡i͜͡c͜͡a͜͡ ͜͡
y͜͡o͜͡u͜͡n͜͡g͜͡e͜͡s͜͡t͜͡ ͜͡P͜͡r͜͡i͜͡n͜͡c͜͡e͜͡s͜͡s͜͡ ͜͡o͜͡f͜͡ ͜͡t͜͡h͜͡e͜͡ ͜͡S͜͡o͜͡u͜͡t͜͡h͜͡

𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 - Morzone Morzone (Miriam)
𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔥- imXeno imXeno (Kumo)
𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰/𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰- "I'm never going to be anyone important"/anxious
𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢- banquet hall heading towards the courtyard

Erica found herself relaxing more and more when it came to her future husband, he seems so calming and the two of them were already calling each other endearing nicknames. Nobody had ever been able to make her smile like that, she kind of wanted to get away from the banquet room. She was about to open her mouth and ask about moving somewhere more quiet, the noise was finally getting to her and said she was greeted by her sister. While she had a lot of respect for Miriam, she also felt like she was not good enough to be her sister. In fact when she had come over there, Erica was quick to lower her her head out of respect and feeling a little intimidated.

She listened what she said to Kumo and again she did not lift her head, and said she just nodded towards her sister. The truth was she was not expecting her older sister to be the first to greet the two of them, letting out a sigh when she finally walked away. She watched her carefully, wishing so badly she could be as strong as her sister.

“I-- I really need some fresh air…. You can come if you’d like….” With that she got up quickly before hurrying out of the banquet hall, she made her way towards the courtyard and stumbled as she sat down on a nearby bench.

b8c10cb918506e932fad3a8f26cb6674.jpg
E͛l͛l͛a͛ ͛
l͛a͛d͛y͛ ͛i͛n͛ ͛w͛a͛i͛t͛i͛n͛g͛ ͛t͛o͛ ͛P͛r͛i͛n͛c͛e͛s͛s͛ ͛C͛a͛l͛l͛i͛s͛t͛o͛

ⓦⓘⓣⓗ -- Te al Latte Te al Latte (Azalea) Panda chaos Panda chaos (Valerie)
ⓜⓔⓝⓣⓘⓞⓝⓢ--
ⓦⓗⓔⓡⓔ -- the banquet hall
ⓣⓗⓞⓤⓖⓗⓣⓢ/ⓕⓔⓔⓛⓘⓝⓖⓢ -- "I wonder if she wants to hold my baby..."/curious

Ella never imagined she would ever meet somebody who would understand her predicament, she actually opened her mouth and left it open just for a moment, before realizing what was going on and quickly turning away with blushing cheeks. She couldn’t find the words to answer him right away, in fact before she could another knight had joined them and she was quickly laughing softly at him asking where she got the drink. The truth was she really could use a drink as well, but she had to keep a level head to make sure that the baby was safe.

She was surprised that Valerie was staring at her baby, she wanted to ask her if she wanted to hold the baby but she didn’t think that was probably a good idea. The last thing she wanted to do was make Valerie uncomfortable. While she was looking around the room, she couldn’t help but notice the princess of the East, was under the table. She leaned closer to Azalea and quickly whispered at him. “Isn’t that your princess hiding under the table? Is she not well?” She did notice that the Princess was quite eccentric, it honestly made her slightly uncomfortable and she felt a little bad for Azalea.

Vern.jpg
Prince Vern
One didn’t have to be a mind reader to tell Vern’s compliments meant nothing to the Northern Royal. The woman didn’t seem to be budging in the slightest - a new challenge for the prince. Women usually swooned over his honey-coated words. Honestly, he couldn’t tell in the slightest what was going through the mind of Lady Braska. It could very well be more insults. At least she seemed sharp-minded. It was unfortunate it was at his expense. Were all northerners this cold? He wanted to glance around the room to confirm his suspicions but refused to break eye contact with the woman in front of him. At this point, it was a one-sided competition. Looking away would be backing down, and he was not going to give her that satisfaction.

Even after his sudden outburst, Braska didn’t seem phased in the least. Instead, her face slowly broke into a grin. Nothing good could come from that smile. As expected, her next words dripped with sarcasm. It was childish, but the first words that came to his mind after her verbal assault was ‘You started it’. Of course, he knew better to speak if he wanted to ever be taken seriously by his fiancée. Instead, he gritted his teeth and forced a smile on his face. At the very least, he had to remain civil. However, if his brother had spoken to him like that instead, it was quite possible that a fight would have broken out in the middle of the hall. Vern didn’t have time to answer her questioning before a knight appeared.

The knight spoke of some strange woman in the kitchen and fears of poisoning, to which Braska only laughed. Did she not take these kinds of threats seriously? Of course, Braska couldn’t make it through one conversation without taking a jab at himself. What was her goal? Was she trying to make an enemy out of the man she was to marry? Then, she asked for a refill of her tankard. That damn tankard. He should have known Vern should have known to turn on his heel and run as soon as she demanded her wine be switched for a tankard of mead. It was almost as if the object was some sort of omen for the conversation to come. Braska giving orders and expecting the people around her to bend to her will. “No amount of poison could compare to the toxicity of your personality,” he muttered.

Soon, the knight returned with a full tankard of mead. He stiffened at the mention of a drinking contest between Braska and her brother. He only hoped to never be dragged into participating. While he wouldn’t consider himself a lightweight, he surely didn’t have the tolerance of the two mentioned.

He spoke up, hoping to change the subject before an onslaught of insults came his way again. “This is supposed to be a celebration, so let’s be civil, shall we? I have heard of your fighting prowess. Not many people can compete with my sister, Miriam. Have you trained since you were young?” While it wasn’t the most engaging prompt, he hoped to defuse the situation. Or at least keep the topic from being every one of his flaws.

Uasal Uasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back