• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy π”—π”₯𝔒 𝔉𝔒𝔲𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔀 π”Žπ”¦π”«π”€π”‘π”¬π”ͺ𝔰--IC

1621090871157.png

Lady Braska / The Northern Wind's Chosen
Braska was somewhat impressed by the fact the prince had yet to completely break down into incivility, perhaps there was hope for him yet. Despite his previous outburst, Vern was doing quite well to remain as calm as he was, Braska had heard the rumours of his playboy status and was sure that by now he was under no illusion that she would be an easy woman to conquer. Although that being said Braska was still curious as to how far she could push before he'd lose himself to his own emotions, alas for now she'd halt her constant assault and give him time to ease his mind and nerve. After all, Braska was only on her second tankard and by the end of the night much worse was likely to be said. Would the prince be able to handle it?

Braska heard the whispered muttering of Vern when Adrian and herself were speaking. In all honesty, Braska had to stop herself from laughing. Hiding her amusement quite well behind her soft and gentle smile. The prince had some bite. He hadn't the guts to speak it aloud but at least he could counter on the fly to some degree. That kind of skill would be needed in his daily life up North. Leaning forward with her chin atop the back of her raised and interlocked hands Braska's smile slowly shifted back to a grin as she retained eye contact with the prince. Adrian had reappeared as she did so and returned her tankard as well as an updated report. Braska offered him a wink and responded with a soft and delicate tone "If my brother wants to see my drinking as a challenge he's more than welcome to. Such an event would likely liven the place up quite drastically... although I can't say it would work wonders towards achieving the peace my Grandmother so desperately seeks."

Turning her head slightly Braska returned her eyes to Verns and upon seeing he hadn't budged she stifled a soft chuckle. Perhaps her brother wasn't the only one that sought challenges of the mundane. Was the prince a child? A staring contest really? Returning her gaze to Adrian Braska smiled and chuckled softly thinking on both matters "Adrian, You went out of your way to protect my family yet again. Our safety and the security of the kitchen lies with the central kingdoms guard today. Relax. Take a break, mingle... find a cute girl and flirt a little. Honestly, you work far too hard. Enjoy the middle kingdom while you're here and if something happens. Well, then I'll be armed with a silver bullet In future dealings with the court here."

Returning to an upright and proper position Braska quickly glanced at the prince again and to her amusement, he was still staring right at her. He was persistent, childish but persistent which made Braska chuckle to herself as she took her tankard in hand "Go on, mingle! That's an order. Oh and when the festivities are over meet me in my rooms study, there's business to be discussed and forms to be filled and sealed. I want to get the most out of our visit here. So again enjoy yourself while you can because I doubt we'll be sleeping tonight"

When Adrian dispersed Vern spoke up to Braska's surprise. Although he had yet to answer her question he seemed adamant about starting a new conversation and one about one of the few royals Braska both respected and despised. Out of all the topics the Prince could have picked this was by far the worst. Braska's soft and gentle smile shifting to a subtle frown upon hearing the princes words. "Miriam, That's right. In all the commotion and with all the work I have at hand here I never took the time to really consider the fact that through our unity Miriam is to be my sister in law. Unfortunate."

Pausing for a second to glance at the woman in question Braska sighed and returned her gaze to the prince "Miriam is a skilled warrior, her ability to regenerate at speed is indeed a terrifying thing to behold upon the battlefield. When you combine that with her prowess she becomes a dominant figure at the forefront of every battle she takes part in. To kill Miriam or to force her and her soldiers back one would need to render her... never mind."

Shaking her head Braska took a swig from her tankard before returning to the conversation at hand, her voice more serious and her cold eyes almost hazed over, the temperature around the two quickly decreasing "I and my brother have both trained to be rulers from before we could even walk apparently. I'm well versed in many forms of battle and proficient in many of the north's weapons. Mainly the axe and sword but I know my way around a hammer too. All one-handed of course as opposed to Havardr's preference of a two-handed alternative."

Looking to her brother Braska smiled softly "I'm nothing compared to Havardr when it comes to open warfare and raw talent in combat. Tactics and my understanding of the common folk people, that is where my strength lies in combat. My ability is considered one of the strongest in all the kingdoms, it is feared by many and prevents invasion but even then is it worth using an ability that strikes all indiscriminately. Friend and foe alike."

Returning to her tankard Braska returned her gaze to the prince and took another swig before grinning "I am proficient in warfare, I am a competent fighter. I am feared by many in the foreign kingdoms. But I am nothing without my people. I have no strength without their support. And my strength exists purely to protect them and their way of life".

Braska chuckled to herself "Well that and to annoy Adrian by freezing over his water"

Locking eyes with the prince again Braska slammed her tankard on the table with a thud "So then Vern, Youngest prince of the south. Playboy of the southern isles. You made quite a statement earlier, you claim to be a better fit for the throne of the south. The man I see before me is no leader, no great thinker and most certainly no great king. You have a sister who feared by many on the battlefield, a brother who has trained his whole life for the role of king. A brother who is privy to many secrets that are key to running your country as well as much stricter training than you. A brother that doesn't just juggle butter knives for fun. Tell me so. What makes you so confident in your supposed claim for the throne"
Mooniee Mooniee Morzone Morzone Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

dasdas181b531f0ae3b4542e33694be1fb1645.jpg
Lκ™²κ™²uκ™²κ™²cκ™²κ™²yκ™²κ™²
𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖? the banquet hall
π•žπ•–π•Ÿπ•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿπ•€?
π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙? Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving (Jessie and mori)
π•₯π•™π• π•¦π•˜π•™π•₯𝕀/π•—π•–π•–π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜π•€? "I finally get a friend and I'm going to lose him!"/ possessive and sad

Lucy was enjoying the fact that the bear had managed to get into the castle alive and suddenly she noticed a lot of the eastern kingdom also seem to know him. She became afraid that he might want to go back there, instead of stay with her and she wanted to tell them to get away. She didn’t of course, for one it would have been a lot of work to write that on a piece of paper and to her papa told her never to be rude. She looked up at the Prince of the East and wondered if this used to be his bear, quickly giving him a sad look before backing off a little bit. It wouldn’t be long before the guards would probably come tried to take her and the bear somewhere a little less where they could be distracting.​

1622183832657.png
Lord Commander Otrygg
Otrygg walked gingerly beside Miriam as the two entered the hall. They had some last minute training, some nervous energies needing an escape, before the ball. And before they had been called
to get ready, Miriam had landed a solid blow to his ribs. The new purple mass was hidden underneath a decorative silver breastplate, polished to a shine, overtop a satin silk undergarment to prevent it from causing any unfortunate rashes. His characteristic beard and mustache were trimmed and oiled to fine points in the Southern fashion, and his hair neatly combed and oiled down in the same manner. The only truly un-Southern thing he wore was the large animal skin cloak, a very much a Northerner thing to do. But it was the one thing he allowed himself that reminded him of his past, no matter how distant that past may have been.

He glanced around the room, quickly locating his wards. Miriam had immediately flitted through the hall, speaking to her siblings and reprimanding them if need be. Luckily, only one needed to be told to stop acting like a child. He was grateful she had done so, it was not his place to remind the prince to not play with fire. But it was his place as Lord Commander to do so for a knight within his order.

In the end, he gave a satisfied nod and began a slow walk around the edges of the gathering. He was making sure the knights brought with them were doing as they had been ordered. To be seen, but quiet and out of the way. Their resplendent armor, polished to a mirror finish and shining dimly in the light of the ballroom, made sure of that. He also used that time to observe the other knights the other kingdoms brought. Those of the Eastern Kingdom were equipped with beasts as well as blades more often than not, while those of the West exuded polite calm, though the tell tale hand on their swords were indication enough of their dedication to the protection of their assigned nobles.

It was the knights of the Northern kingdoms that perplexed him, however. They seemed to be, for the most part, a cold and calculating lot, the sheen on their armor matching that of the South's own. However, there were a few, mostly huddled near and around the eldest prince Havardr, that exuded an aura of barely contained savagery. Those two factions, the two knights orders of the North, were mirror images of each other. Though, if he had to wager, two sides of the same coin. The Ulfhednar, savage, voracious fighters that threw themselves into battle, uncaring of their wounds until they were finally put down for good. And the Silver Legion, a force so mobile as to rival even that of the South's famed light cavalry. Who struck like lightening and disappeared just as quickly. Though, perhaps he shouldn't be to surprised at their shared presence. Especially if the reports he had were true. It wouldn't make sense for Havardr to let his threat to his crown bring her armed forces and he not bring his own. If it came down to it, he was willing to bet the two would fight each other as much as any assailant from the other kingdoms.

However, he did not wish to be that assailant, not yet anyways. Right now, he needed to decide. Of the four of his royals, which of them would he accompany when they inevitably split?

1622186366656.png
Havardr Gunhildr
Havardr was, frankly, unsure of what to do with the sudden departure of Kiku. He didn't really care, but now he was left by himself with nothing to do. A dangerous thing for someone like him. Especially since he often found a way to get himself into trouble. And that trouble presented itself to be Braska getting yet another mead, and belittling her little counter part. Well, he might as well introduce himself to his soon to be brother-in-law, and knock Braska down a peg or two, or ten.

Heaving his large frame out of the low sat chair, for him at any rate, he nonchalantly makes his way over to his sister, adding his own chill to hers. "Probably the same that makes you think you are worthy of the crown," he said, dragging over a chair and inviting himself to have a seat. "He probably found some peasants with some sharp rocks and pointy sticks that the local lord couldn't be bothered to deal with, valiantly took his men of war, all done up in their shiny armor and carrying their decorative swords, and prattled on and on about some demand or another before quickly running away when they took a swing at him. Only to turn around and run them through when their back was turned. Some real heroic deeds done that day, I'm sure. Wish I was there to witness it myself. Alas, I was to busy fighting actual warriors with my Ulfhednar, nothing compared to your bandits but a nuisance that needs to be taken care of."

"Now what has this little pup have to say? Hm?" He continued, nonchalantly taking Braska's mug and downing it in a single gulp. "I'm sure he has a tale to tell. One that will no doubt fade in comparison to your crowning achievement, oh Hero of the Joldover Expanse."
Uasal Uasal Morzone Morzone

Azalea Seto
➡ Role: Knight of the East Kingdom
➡ Location: Inside the Banquet Hall

β™˜ β™ž β†’ β†’ β†’
β–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺβ–«β–ͺ
loLGA7w.gif
The Northern Knight’s gaze towards Azalea and Ella was as cold as the frosty winters but the Eastern Knight did not miss the small glimpse of warmth she saved only for little Jace. He was a trained royal knight, after all, what use were his eyes if he could not catch such slight details. Then, slowly, the woman walked towards him, not a trace of emotion on her face, before extending her hand to offer him the wine. Azalea checked her expression once again, making sure he understood what she meant. The Knight’s golden eyes were instructing him to take it so take it he did. Carefully, he lifted his fingers to grab the glass from her own hands.

"Pleasure. I am Valerie Hedlestone, knight of the Northern kingdom." The woman said proudly yet calmly, her face never betraying an ounce of emotion. The Eastern Knight’s sharp blue eyes followed where her hand rested; on a sturdy battle axe on her side. A hint of amusement was plastered on his face. An odd duckling, he thought as he continued to watch the younger Knight. Well, he assumed that she was younger, anyway. Maybe it was to be expected from a knight but the way she carried herself with confidence was impressive to Azalea, yet, the coldness she emitted was a little off-putting for someone who was used to flattery such as himself. It was of no matter, however, he was only chatting with her to pass some time after all. This banquet could not finish faster enough. He examined the wine in his hand, twirling it and taking a small sniff to make sure it was safe.

"I had gotten the glass from my lady. She required something.... stronger; then a simple glass of wine." Valerie answered finally as she watched her own princess. Azalea followed her gaze to her Northern Royal before smirking at the display before them. It was apparent the Southern Prince and Northern Princess were at odds with each other. One could feel the tension from miles away. It may be annoying for the destined match but it was a nice source of amusement for the spectators. β€œYour princess will devour him alive.” He told Valerie, the hint of a smirk still on his face.

β€œJace you said,” The Northern Knight’s voice stole his attention. β€œThey’re a beautiful baby.” Again, Azalea caught a crack to her cold exterior; a minute sight of compassion that only lasted a mere second before her gaze turned into ice once more. Odd, odd duckling. He echoed again in his thoughts. It was no surprise for a knight to suppress a part of themselves for the sake of self preservation. But coldness does not benefit anyone, right? Weren’t knights supposed to be social, amicable creatures? He then overheard the other Northern Knight about a disturbance in the kitchen. Turning to Valerie, he said, β€œDoes your fellow Knight need help? Shall I give my assistance?”

Before Azalea could wait for Valerie’s reply, Ella spoke to him. β€œIsn’t that your princess hiding under the table? Is she not well?” Azalea blinked before turning to look at his princess who just crawled under the table. Her match, Prince Damien, was still not around. The Eastern Knight sighed before turning around to look for the missing prince and noted that Ella’s own royal was on her way out with the younger Northern Prince. β€œI must also say that your princess is also escaping this banquet hall with her prince, Lady Ella. Is she allowed to do such?” He told Ella then looked back at Valerie. β€œI have no idea if your responsibilities extend to the younger Northern Prince but just note that he seems to be eloping the party with his betrothed. Also, if you and your fellow knight need help, come find me by my princess’ side. I would gladly offer my aid if any incident shall arise.”

Azalea tipped the glass of wine, drinking the whole cup effortlessly before putting it down on a side stand. He walked towards the main dining table, towards his princess. He knelt besides it, lifting the tablecloth, finding the youngest Eastern princess hiding beneath the wood. He gave her his usual courteous smile. β€œHello, my princess. I see that your prince has abandoned you. Fear not for your Knight has come to rescue you. Sadly, I am currently not in my shining armor but you would forgive me for that, yes?” Azalea announced in jest before extending a hand towards the girl. β€œYour siblings might get worried if they see you hiding, your highness.”

◐ ◐ ◐╳╳╳

Interactions: Reiia silver Reiia silver (Ella & Hana) Panda chaos Panda chaos (Valerie)

Last edited:
Callisto RundstrΓΆm
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) ➻ Location: The Courtyard
―――――― Β» Β» Β» ➺ ❦
C 2.jpeg
β€œI’m speechless,” Callisto’s prince said and a proud smile appeared on her lips. β€œI-that was lovely…” It was peculiar, she thought. Callisto has heard thousands of praises before but somehow, Siegfried’s stuttering compliment held more weight than all the empty praises she has received all her life. Maybe it was the apparent sincerity in his voice, or the fact that he was looking at her with so much reverence it was impossible to miss. He stepped out to offer his hand. β€œAs my sister mentioned earlier, I used to, and still do dance. Would you care for one, m-my p-princess?”

Callisto blinked at him in awe, remaining still as the dark of the night. Her light blue eyes were wide in surprise as she processed the way he addressed her.

Then, slowly, the brightest, biggest smile broke her face. β€œYou called me β€˜My Princess’! You called me β€˜My Princess’!” She laughed excitedly before grabbing his extended hand, pulling him close. Callisto grabbed his other hand, intertwining their fingers, then twirled both of them around in elation once. β€œI know how weird that must be for you. As you have said before, you are not used to it. But do know that I appreciate you trying.” The Western Princess said before placing her left hand around his shoulder, preparing for the dance he offered. She looked into his eyes with nothing but affection. β€œTo be quite honest, I feel like I am rubbing off on you too quickly. But who am I to complain?” She giggled then leaned the side of her head on his free shoulder. Would her father allow them to marry soon, she wondered. Would it not be greatly beneficial for both their kingdoms to have their youngest royals have an amicable marriage? Scratch that, it was more than amicable. The princess could see an affectionate and warm future with the Northern Prince.

β€œI am so fortunate to have a betrothed kind enough to indulge my silly wants and nonstop mouth,” she whispered before sighing in contentment. β€œLead on, my Siegfried. Do you have a tune in mind? Shall I hum it for you?” She stared at the lapel of his royal suit, taking in the warmth of his chest on her cheek. β€œDo you think our parents would allow a hasty wedding? Or would you prefer a long courtship, my dear?” Would it not be better for their countries for them to get married sooner? Cease any future wars that could possibly happen? And the selfish part of Callisto longed for him to choose her and keep her by his side sooner. But that was not for her to decide.
β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried)

Last edited:
1621090871157.png

Braska's question was once again pushed aside when her towering brother moved to take a seat beside her, spouting slanderous remarks as he forced his way into the conversation. A conversation she would have assumed he'd have no interest in, in fact, his very appearance beside her came as somewhat of a shock. Was he worried about his sister's engagement, curious even? Impossible! If anything he had only made his appearance to spark some sort of argument, like a child who suddenly found itself missing attention. Looking past her Brother Braska noticed his partner had vanished and that only went to cement the thought in her head, he was bored and seeking attention. But, where did his partner go? The bathroom perhaps? Surely nothing had gone wrong already... right?

Although Braksa and Havardr had grown distant, Braska still hoped he'd be happy in the arrangement. He was her brother after all and although he seemed to despise her, Braska still loved her brother and wanted to see him succeed in his life. She just didn't want to see him on the throne, for the people's sake. Returning her gaze from the empty seat to Vern Braska let out an audible sigh and shook her head lightly before speaking "Vern, this is my twin brother Havardr. Havardr, this is Vern, my fiance. He is the youngest prince of the southern kingdom and he has quite the reputation of being somewhat of a lady killer. Personally, I don't see it but so Sieg informed me."

Turning with a soft smile to see Havardr down her mead, Braska's fist was quick to tighten. His insults only adding fuel to the fire slowly starting to kindle within. "Do excuse my brother. He has the physique of the old gods but the manners and class of a bear cub." Waving over a passing servant Braska was soon presented with another tankard of mead which she quickly downed while locking eyes with Havardr. "My brother has long doubted the significance of my efforts in the Joldover Expanse. Where I and my men put down not one, but a number of bandit clans and raiders who terrorised the local population and brought disaster and ruin to the logging industry that resided there. You see my dear brother here cannot comprehend the knock-on effects such vast bandit camps and clans had on the economy and more importantly the local wildlife and people."

Turning to order another Mead Braska slammed her tankard on the wooden table and pointed directly at the men he had accompanying him "Him and his Ulfhednar, seem to be under the guise that the only fights worth taking are those that bring 'great valour' or whatever it is they fantasise and gush about. If they saw an old man cutting down a child they'd pass on by claiming 'such a weak and old man is not worthy of our steal'. Barbarians. That's all they are really! Barbarians under one flag! Strong and mighty as you like but with no grand plan or sense of the wider world whatsoever!"

Downing the mead as it arrived Braska turned her icy gaze back to her brother "And it is not my actions in the Joldover Expanse that warranted this competition. It was your overall incompetency in everything but brute strength! When was the last time you sat down and spoke with the common folk! When was the last time you engaged in diplomatic negotiations! When was the last time you spoke to father! When! When was the last time you even bothered to think with your head over your damn AXE! You BOAR OF A MAN!".

Moving to a stand Braska looked down at her brother with disgust, her hand moving to the back of his chair as she leaned forward to better look down on the man. A rare thing to see considering how tall he was when standing. As she did so both the Silver legion Guards she had accompany her as well as Havardr's Ulfhednar moved to grasp at their hilts.

Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Morzone Morzone xAlter xAlter Mooniee Mooniee

Ice Gorl.png
Lynette Gunhildr
From her seat, Lynette’s attention was drawn to her brother’s movement. With Havardr’s stature, it would be nearly impossible to miss him. Curious, her eyes followed him as he made his way through the room. She quickly noticed the absence of his partner. Had she run off somewhere? What a shame, Lynette wanted to introduce herself later. She could hardly blame the woman if she had run off. Havardr could be quite a lot to handle, especially upon first meeting. Her eyebrows raised in surprise when he stopped at Braska’s seat, inviting himself to the conversation by pulling up a seat for himself. From her position, she couldn’t see the expression of Braska’s partner, a man with fiery hair. However, she could see things start to heat up between the two siblings as Havardr stole the tankard of mead. Of course, from her distance, she could only speculate on what was being said.

The idea of joining her siblings sounded perfect. Not only could Lynette ensure that the two would at least somewhat get along, but it also provided an escape from conversation with her fiance. Aron seemed friendly enough, but their conversation seemed to be going nowhere. Besides, it seemed that Viara may want to get away from the man as well. Maybe then it would give Lynette a chance to ask Viara what it was about Aron that had bothered her so much. As she stood from her seat, she gave Aron a warm smile. β€œPlease, excuse me. I believe I heard my sister calling me over.” She gave a quick curtsey before turning away.

Lynette beelined toward her older siblings, their voices growing clearer as she got closer. Her pace quickened with the sturdy β€˜thunk’ of a tankard hitting the table and her sister’s voice growing louder. By the time she got to the table, the guards surrounding the two had begun to reach for their weapons. She gave a sheepish smile towards Braska’s partner as she approached as a silent apology. She thought for a moment on how best to diffuse the situation between the two before speaking up.

The best way was to play up her innocence, Lynette decided. For most of her life, she had been kept out of Northern politics, so maybe her presence alone would cause the two to stop their fighting. With her typical energy, she wrapped Braska in a tight hug from behind. β€œBraska,” she whined, β€œwhy did they have to seat you so far away from me? I was so lonely!” She poked her head from behind Braska to look at Havard before pouting. β€œYou haven’t even stopped by my seat, Havardr! My conversation was boring enough to bring me to tears. You could have at least come to liven things up!”

Being so close to Braska, she could smell the mead on her breath. β€œHow many refills have you had? That’s it, I’m cutting you off!” She let go of her sister to make an β€˜x’ with her two pointer fingers in front of her face.

Herokou Herokou (Aron) Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Havardr) Uasal Uasal (Braska)

Vern.jpg
Prince Vern
As Braska explained her training history, Vern listened intently. He hadn’t appreciated the subtle jab at his sister becoming her sister-in-law but decided not to mention it for the sake of keeping the conversation going. Otherwise, the conversation may just devolve back into insults. If he needed to be this careful during every one of their conversations, his hair may just start going gray.

Braska’s training had been impressive, to say the least. It was much more extensive than his own, although he never planned to fight so he felt it was a skill that he shouldn’t put much time into. Vern had focused more so on the showmanship aspect of swords. That was surely the reason behind her β€˜butter knife’ comment. Although, he wasn’t sure how she could possibly know his hobbies if he hadn’t mentioned them. Had she guessed that sparring wasn’t one of his priorities?

The conversation then turned to Braska’s people, crediting her strength to their support. β€œThat’s quite noble. Your people are quite lucky to have such a competent leader serving them.”

He found himself almost smiling as Braska made a joke that wasn’t at his expense. That half-smile faltered as the attention was once again on him. One phrase that was mentioned stuck in his mind. Playboy of the Southern Isles. The rest of her question was tuned out as an embarrassed smile crept onto his face as a light pink blush dusted his cheeks. He scratched the back of his neck as he began to talk. β€œPlayboy, huh. I suppose I have been called that a few times. It has a nice ring to it when you put it like that. Playboy of the southern isles.”

Vern was snapped out of his dreamy state as a man twice his size joined them. Again, the temperature dropped dramatically, letting him know that this man was one of the Northerners. Besides the cold, it wasn’t hard to tell by the man’s dramatic entrance earlier and way of dressing. Before Vern could get a word in, he pulled out a chair and invited himself to their discussion. The man began criticizing Braska before snatching her drink away as he was introduced.

He wasn’t sure how to feel about being introduced as a lady killer. While he knew it was another insult thrown his way, he stayed silent, watching the siblings. Honestly, he wasn’t sure what he should say in this situation. He could try to defend his fiance, but Braska seemed to be able to handle herself. Besides, he didn’t really want to get on the wrong side of Havardr, who looked like he could send him across the room with one arm. Vern’s eyes rapidly went between the two as he studied their expressions, jumping slightly when the tankard hit the table. Soon, the guards grasped at their hilts and Vern stood, not having a plan in mind. Should he risk trying to break the two up or should he move away?
There wasn’t time to act before the air around him grew even colder. If the temperature dropped much more, he may start to feel the effects of hypothermia! A shorter silver-haired girl rapidly approached, embracing Braska. She complained about the two siblings being so far from her in a childish tone. He slowly took his seat again, closely watching the northern royals to see how things would play out.

Uasal Uasal (Braska) Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Havardr)

1622419844811.png
Siegfried
Interactions: Te al Latte Te al Latte

Song Sieg Hums
Sieg went still as Callisto pulled him close. The contact was surprising, frightening, but weirdly enough, he did not mind. The movement of a twirl soon overtook him, and his focus remained solely on Callisto, his face turning red, as the rest of the world blurred around them. He could not deny that even though he was trying to loosen up, to relax, some darker part of his mind feared this affection, feared this connection that was forming. Eyes meeting, his breath hitched, and that dark thought took the forefront.

Unable to do anything but nod, Sieg began to hum a simple tune and began to lead Callisto into a simple, slow dance. Instinct and muscle memory moved over as he slowly led her to the rhythm he hummed. It had been so long since he had danced with anyone, let alone lead one. Her head rested on his shoulder as they danced. It was a comforting warmth.

He tried and tried to push his mind to focus on the dance, but he could not shake off the feeling of wrongness, of dishonesty to her and himself. β€œI,” he started, his own voice unsure and unsteady, the tune he once was humming, lost to the night air. He didn’t know how to respond, how to speak. His grip on her hands tightened as nerves took over. β€œI am worried, Calli.” he admitted slowly, unsurely. β€œI like you, I want to imagine us together in the future, but I’m scared.” His steps slowed and soon, they came to a stop.

β€œI want to say that we can spend the rest of our lives together, in peace, in love, but I-” He stopped, a choking sound escaped him. He continued his voice barely above a whisper. β€œI want to see us married, a future for us where there is nothing to worry about, but I do not think a hasty marriage is best, not because of you or I. Circumstances will not be kind to us, I know this for a fact. I don’t want whatever is happening here to end… before we even know what it is. Is this love, or is this just me longing for someone I can connect to, someone who seems to understand me? I don’t know.”

Loosening his grip on Callisto’s hands, he almost sagged in tiredness, as the weight of his responsibilities, of his knowledge, took its weight on his shoulders. β€œI’m scared. I’m scared of what the future holds, of what I will know and will find. And I shouldn’t even be telling you this, yet I am.” he said, a surprising amount of anger and hate leaching into his voice, directed not at her, but the world. β€œWar will come and I will have to play my part. I will have to kill, take brother from brother, fathers from their families, leave children parentless, and split my home apart as I try to make the right decisions! I’m not ready for it, not at all, Calli. I’m scared for the North, I’m scared for me, and I’m scared for you...”

1622439628438.png
Havardr Gunhildr

Havardr helped himself to another mead as Braska grabbed one for herself and took a gulp as she began talking. He snorted softly into his tankard at her comment on his manners. "Old Gods, as if there are any new ones. The Gods are the Gods, because you don't want to acknowledge them doesn't mean they don't exist." He said after finishing his gulp. "And while you go dealing with an Earl's problems, I stopped armies from ransacking the country side. A merchant with a slit throat is better than a burnt out husk of a town."

Keeping neck and neck with his sister, he got himself another tankard. "Barbarians that obey the laws that were written by us," he countered. "And yes, his blood would tarnish our steel. It'd be far to easy and clean a death for him. What is it our laws say about homicide? Hanged? Beaten? A Blood Price, perhaps? Perhaps you should learn of the world you live in before worrying about the rest of them."

He to slammed down his tankard, the table shaking ever so slightly because of the force. Before he could respond to her latest remarks, she stood up and leaned in. It took everything he had not to jerk his head forward and break her nose, but he resisted. Instead, he settled for a smile, a wolf showing his teeth, as he looked up at her. "I'd choose your next words very, very carefully, sister. You wouldn't want that precious image of yours to be ruined in front of the other Kingdoms." Though he made no move towards it, his muscles were tense in anticipation to grab his great sword and use it.

As soon as Lynette made her presence known, his freezing aura, the very one that was beginning to freeze his grip to the tankard, vanished. "I'm sorry, Lynette. I came in not wanting to waste my time and get this over with, but it turns out the person 'Ama Jade decided was best for, actually has a bit of a spine. An Easterner, no less. Strange bunch as they are, I wasn't sure what to expect really. But you should've seen the look on her face when she got my name wrong. Turned beet red, it did." His laughter thundered out once more across the room as he recalled the event, his hulking frame shaking.

Calming down, he waved nonchalantly over his shoulder, and slowly the Ulfhednar took their hands off their weapons. They were still staring daggers at the Silver Legion, but if any fighting was going to be done it would be with their fists and not their steel. "She's had to many, Lynette. Braska was never good about holding her mead. This wine is better suited for her. Tastes wonderful, like alcoholic fruit juice." He snickered, biting his tongue to keep from laughing uproariously.
Uasal Uasal Mooniee Mooniee

Last edited:
1621090871157.png

Braska wasn't normally so quick to rise in response to Havardr's taunting but if there was one thing that never ceased to aggravate the northern princess it was her brother's insistence that her actions in the Joldover Expanse were insignificant or nothing more than a political move. That or his absolutely idiotic remarks about how her silver Legion was a force of cowards dressed to the nine in decorative pieces. Braska was more than willing to praise her brother and his forces when they deserved it so then why was he always so harsh when it came to the silver legion and her own achievements. It was so frustrating!

In regards to her comments, Havardr was quick to bring up the 'laws' of their kingdom as well as Braska's relative disinterest in the norths god's compared to her brother. What an idiotic remark to make. The laws of the land and the people demanded for a blood price to be paid, hanging at least but to admit to letting an old man cut down a child! Was he insane! What happened to her sweet brother while he was away? What monster stood, sat, aside her now! Gritting her teeth Braska's fist tightened to the point her knuckles began to whiten.

At the mention of her public image Braska's eyes quickly darted around the room, her fist easing back into a relaxed position. What the hell was she doing? This wasn't like her, not at all. To raise her voice and belittle her brother, even in defence or retaliation, was not something she was known for in public. Perhaps behind closed doors at their own dining table but... at such a prestigious event. Guilt quickly began to sink in but a wave of anger still lived within her. Had Havardr done this on purpose? Surely he didn't. Things weren't that bad between the two right? Braska was about to respond when Lynette pounced on her from behind.

The act itself snapped Braska from her thoughts and dragged her quickly back to the reality of the situation. From the looks of things, the nobles and merchants didn't seem as interested in the current happenings at the table as much as they did the chance to mingle amongst themselves. If anything her rise in voice and sudden stand only served as a momentary distraction that was shrugged off not a second later. A relief Braska was delighted for. When Lynette began to whine Braska moved back to sit in her chair and moved a hand to Lynette's head, gently caressing as she smiled sweetly at her sister. Attention completely drifting from Havardr and Vern. "I do not know. Perhaps they feared our partners for the night would find themselves cold. Or perhaps Grandmother knew sitting any of us siblings together might empty the castles bar.". Chuckling softly Braska continued to rub her sites head softly with a smile. Her aura slowly being pulled back in to return some warmth to the area.

When Lynette moved to inform Braska she had had enough to drink Braska's smile quickly turned to that of a childish pout, sighing when the younger princess moved to make an x with her fingers "I've only had four! Come on Lynette! I've had more in the past, I can handle I...." And just like that she was cut off by Havardr who wasted no time in making a dig at Braska's alcohol tolerance "I can too! I can handle my mead! I'll die before I drink that childish middle kingdom -fruit juice- tasting wine!". Pouting Braska looked to the Nobles whom she had agreed to meet later and sighed "Although, Perhaps it would be best for me to relax." Turning to catch Havardr's gaze "But not because I can't handle my drink... you got it"

Ice Gorl.png
Lynette Gunhildr
As Braska moved back to her seat, Lynette felt her shoulders release their tension. She had rarely seen Braska get worked up and never in public. What was said between the siblings when she was out of earshot? If she hadn’t been nearby, would the argument have escalated? The guards were still staring daggers at each other, something that kept her from completely relaxing. While it was doubtful the guards would act on their own, she didn’t want to become a spectator to some sort of brawl. Especially not here.

Soon, the air surrounding her began to warm again. It was a good thing, and not just for the Southern man who must have felt he was thrown into a tundra. Things were seemingly beginning to calm again between her two older siblings, or at least as much as they could. A frown began to creep onto her face. If there was no throne to inherit, would things be different between them? If someone else would rule, could things have been the way she always dreamt they would be? The four of them would stay up late, telling jokes and reminiscing about the past, instead of jabbing at each other whenever the opportunity arose. Havardr would serve as her first sparring partner and Braska would teach her to ride a horse. Of course, these wishes were selfish. The people deserved a strong leader. But, was it wrong to want all of that? Honestly, she couldn’t care less about the people. The whole nation could burn down for all she cared. She just wanted her family to be okay.

The warmth of a hand placed on her head and Havardr’s words brought Lynette back to reality. Quickly, she placed a smile on her face again. β€œYou should at least try to have a bit of fun, Havardr. How often do you get to come to a place as beautiful as this?” She let out a giggle at the idea of his name being mispronounced. β€œHopefully you weren’t too harsh on her. I can only imagine the number of names here I may butcher terribly. An Easterner, huh? Aren’t they the group with the bear?”

She considered Braska’s answer, letting her hair be stroked. It was a comforting feeling that she didn’t experience very often. β€œWell, that doesn’t make any sense. It’s a test of strength! If they can’t handle a little chill, there’s no way they could survive even a warm day back home. But, maybe you do have a point about the bar,” she reciprocated a laugh.

Braska tried to plead her case before being interrupted by Havardr. In response to his joke, Lynette sent a firm poke to the center of his forehead. β€œBe nice,” she scolded. β€œWe both know she can handle double the amount I can. Besides, I have half a mind to cut you off too!” Drinking contests usually led to her begrudgingly tapping out much earlier than the other two, but she was by no means a lightweight. She was younger than them, so of course, it made sense she couldn’t drink as much!

Lynette let out a laugh at Braska’s reply, deciding to declare her hatred for the middle kingdom’s wine selection and reinforcing the idea that she could handle her mead. β€œI’m sure you’ll get the chance to prove that again soon.”

Her gaze moved to the red-haired man her sister was to marry. β€œBraska, you haven’t introduced us! Who’s your friend?” She had heard his name from Sieg before, but it had escaped her. It was something like Barn. Or was it Burn? Whatever it was didn’t matter at the moment. Lynette observed the man, watching him closely. She didn’t know him, of course, but he didn’t seem the type to be able to keep up with her sister - either physically or mentally.

Uasal Uasal (Braska) Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Havardr)

Callisto RundstrΓΆm
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) ➻ Location: The Courtyard
―――――― Β» Β» Β» ➺ ❦
C 2.jpeg
The melody of the Northern Prince was a simple one. It was tender, comforting. Callisto closed her eyes, engraving the beautiful tune to memory. The warmth of his arms felt like a solace, swaying her along the rhythm of their steps and heartbeats. His voice was smooth and soothing, but Callisto felt a wave of uncertainty in the way he held her. He did not respond to her inquiry immediately.

β€œI,” Siegfried started as he stopped his humming. There’s hesitation in his voice, a look of trepidation on his pale features. β€œI am worried, Calli,” Her prince declared as answer to her question and Callisto’s heart dropped in both disappointment and anxiety. β€œI like you, I want to imagine us together in the future, but I’m scared.” They slowly ceased their dancing, and Callisto could feel her chest tighten. The glamor of the night was slowly dissipating, she could feel it.

β€œW-why are you scared, my dear?” She asked her prince, her eyes glued to his face. Her own voice wavered.

β€œI want to say that we can spend the rest of our lives together, in peace, in love, but I-” Siegfried stopped, a choking sound escaped him. He continued his voice barely above a whisper. β€œI want to see us married, a future for us where there is nothing to worry about, but I do not think a hasty marriage is best, not because of you or I. Circumstances will not be kind to us, I know this for a fact. I don’t want whatever is happening here to end… before we even know what it is. Is this love, or is this just me longing for someone I can connect to, someone who seems to understand me? I don’t know.”

Mortification and disappointment flooded Callisto’s veins. Not only was her suggestion of a hastier marriage rejected, he also doubted the sudden connection they shared. The princess could not deny that his words were nothing but true, however, the naive side of her heart wanted nothing more but to deny the reality of their unusual situation. β€˜Is this love,’ he asked and Callisto may be naive but she was no fool. This was not love, this was infatuation at its best. They were smitten with each other, attracted and pleased by the fact that their betrothed were agreeable instead of the alternative.

But Callisto knew she could learn to love her prince. And since their future was set on stone, she would love him no matter what. Loving, for Callisto, was easy after all. Callisto loves because love is all she has ever known all her life.

His grip on her was loosening so she stepped away from the warmth and comfort of his body that she has learned to rely on during the night to give him space. Her eyes were still fixed to her betrothed, however, looking for the hint of the hope she has witnessed all throughout the night. Her mind ran amok with questions of why he said those things, of why he is doubting this, as he called it, whatever this is. β€œI’m scared. I’m scared of what the future holds, of what I will know and will find. And I shouldn’t even be telling you this, yet I am.” There was anger in his voice and Callisto should have been scared but her overwhelming curiosity was piqued. She listened carefully, watching her winter prince as she waited to what he will say next.

β€œWar will come and I will have to play my part. I will have to kill, take brother from brother, fathers from their families, leave children parentless, and split my home apart as I try to make the right decisions! I’m not ready for it, not at all, Calli. I’m scared for the North, I’m scared for me, and I’m scared for you...”

Callisto flinched as soon as the words β€˜war’ and β€˜kill’ came out of his lips and she removed her hand from his grip as if burned. She looked at Siegfried in terror, not at him, but at the implication of his words. β€œW-war? In the North? Y-you have to k-kill?” She stammered as she felt her hands shake as she hugged herself in an attempt to calm herself down. β€œWhy? Why would there be war? Isn’t the point of these sudden engagements to cease wars and violence within this forsaken country? Now that we are so close to peace, why would the North attempt war within themselves?!” Her voice shrilled, the tension and disbelief in her person rising. She looked at him in despair, scared of the path he was headed. β€œWhy do you have to take part in it, Siegfried? It is obvious that you are scared and unwilling, I do not see any reason for you to participate in such a-”

The sudden realization took over the princess’ mind. Braska and Harvardr, the Northern royal twins. Their own claims for the throne. β€˜Split my home apart’ her prince, said.

A civil war.

β€œYour elder brother and sister… they are both going to declare war against each other… For their claim to the throne?” She asked slowly but she knew she was right. This realization was worse. A brother and a sister, willing to kill and put their own people through war for something they could settle in less violent methods. Siegfried will have to be involved whether he wishes to or not. After all, this was a war of his siblings, a war within his family. And he’s stated it before, the culture of the North is one of strength and power. Of course a civil war would be their answer to an inheritance dispute.

There was turmoil in Callisto’s heart. Chaos and bloodshed are the things she hated the most and her fiance all but declared he will join in the massacre that is about to happen. She looked at his face, at how soft the moonlight touched his features, making his white hair glow in contrast to the darkness surrounding him. Her heart ached at how much she’s fond of him even after everything he’s said. Maybe even more. Yes, he said that he would kill but he also stated that he was scared for himself and her. The princess’ realizations of him remain unchanged; he was kind, honest, and devoted to his family no matter what. Is there no way for her to save him from the eventual havoc? Can she even do anything to keep him by her side? Away from the conflict and warfare and actually give whatever this is a chance to grow and develop?

The princess walked back towards him, raising her right hand to caress his jaw, tracing the line of the bandage on his left eye. Of course she can do something, she was a princess after all. And she has power within her grasp. She wanted the chance to learn to love him, and that will not be possible if they were apart.

β€œMarry me,” Callisto stated, resolution in her blue eyes. The stronger and indispensable her prince’s chosen side is, the faster the war will be over.

β€œMarry me and get the support of the West. You doubt about this, but I know I can learn to love you. You are not difficult to love, after all. Let me support you as your wife. You talk about protecting me but marriage goes both ways, does it not? Marry me and let me help you.”
β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried) Mentions: Uasal Uasal (Braska) Soviet Panda Soviet Panda (Harvardr)

Last edited:
Persephone
Persephone watched as the man's face before her changed. His emotions differed from one moment to the next. It was like someone had pulled a lever in the back of his mind. She sighed, it was something all of them had become way to good at. She tilted her head allowing his sudden vibrant mood to seep into her. She inhaled and gave way to a small smile; the features on her face following suit. Damien seemed to appraise his words. Thinking of what he might say next. He hadn't even begun to speak and Persephone could already tell he adored her. She couldn't say much; Persephone hadn't talked to the little lady for more then two minutes and she loved her so. The princess had that way to her; of brightening the mood of any room she graced her presence with. Even if it did anger others. Persephone let herself smile a little more, recalling the young girls entrance.

Her ears twitched, and she was pulled from her mind, as Damien began speaking. His words poured from his mouth and twisted in the air. He spoke of her amazing entrance earlier. It made Persephone stop for a moment; she hadn't thought about that. Her quiet sheltered brother had been paired with a vibrant butterfly. Of course that would happen. It was just now that she had even thought about his feelings toward that. Her eyebrows knit a little; how selfish of her. She leaned forward slightly as he continued speaking. He finished his thought with a hope for the future. She couldn't blame him. The little candle light princess might just be way to bright for Damien; still he didn't say anything rude or disrespectful. Damien was always polite, and even when speaking his mind he didn't cross that line. Persephone leaned back retreating again into her own mind. A few moments passed until he spoke again. She turned and looked up at him. He continued his hopes for the future, and how she might change him. Not one word of it a lie. Persephone felt her smile returning; she was glad that Princess Hana could make Damien happy. That was everything she ever wanted.

She didn't speak at all, she let him continue on. "Of course, these are just a few first impressions. I can't say that I know the princess." He said rather shyly; smiling after the fact. Finally Persephone's lips parted and she spoke softly. "I'm glad that you have her." She said with a smile of her own. A moment later he spoke again, and her smile fell slightly. "You know, you don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I thought it would help me to speak my mind. I probably figured it would help you too, but there is not pressure, honest. Share or not, you're still my sister. Doesn't make me care for you less because you're uncomfortable." He was concerned about her. Persephone swallowed and shook her head. "Even if I was uncomfortable; I still wouldn't know quite what to say." She paused for a brief moment looking down at her hands. "It's all so odd. I thought I knew where my life was going and then this crashes down in front of me. I don't know if to avoid it, or run with it." She musters a small laugh. "But uh... that's my yes 'I'm going to say something.'" She says a bit jokingly; tilting her head up to meet his gaze.

Persephone began by shifting in her spot; taking a breath to speak. Just to exhale. "Prince Korossa of the Eastern kingdom." She stopped like that was all she was going to say. Then slowly her mouth opened again. "He's quite odd to be honest. Complimenting me while also insulting you. I didn't know whether to be flustered or angry." She said looking back at the wall behind Damien. Her thoughts started again; like a river flowing through her mind. "I guess he isn't that bad. He treats me well, but I just.... He challenges everything I think I know. Even his companion, the one that stood in the corner of the room." She stops to take a much needed breath between her words. "He's do annoying, but I don't know quite why I dislike him. Maybe I don't hate him? Maybe I hate the way he treats me? But why would I.... He's so nice." Persephone stops herself realizing who she's talking to. Her gaze flicks over to her little brother. "I-I'm sorry..... I got caught up in my thoughts." She says looking down and wringing her hands.

Mentions/Interactions: Princess Hana ( Reiia silver Reiia silver )
Prince Damien ( Vexumin Vexumin )
Prince Korossa ( xAlter xAlter )

Damien

The young prince expressed himself to be a bit relieved that his sister was willing to share with him, both as a mark of his duty as well as a testament to their bonds as siblings. If she had decided not to share, he would have feared there to be a lack of trust between them. He would have failed to do as he was instructed long ago as well as failed to have provided the support he must for those closest to him. So as she began to pour her thoughts out before the two of them, he was happy.

"Prince Korrosa of the Eastern Kingdom." Those first words before her pause ammused Damien. He wanted to laugh at the silence after she said that if only to break the unease that he felt began to fill the room. He leaned forward himself, resting his chin on the back of a hand, eyes locked onto his sister. He had never really had much of a chance to look at her in such detail before. Back straight, eyes forward, posture check. All things that his father enforced upon him. And then it was that he realized just how little he turned to look closely at his siblings. See just how they have grown beside him. He would not let things be like that again.

He listened on as she spoke her piece. He understood to some degree, but leveling with others was not entirely one of his strong suits. Damien had the skill to read the room, but he had troubles at times putting himself in the shoes of others. When Korrosa clashed against him, he could not perceive why. He would have to do better next time. It is then that he became absorbed by his sisters words. The river of her thoughts as it flowed washed over him, though he would not mind it. Such things were bliss for him. Emotion. It was something he treasured more than anything else. Her troubled worry, her curiosity of the new path introduced to her. He felt chills run down his spine as she spoke so purely about her thoughts and feelings. Soon Damien would nod his head in understanding.

"You honestly have no reason to apologize to me, Persephone. You actually opened my eyes a little bit concerning your situation. I appreciate your honesty with me. If we cannot share to each other, then what is the point of being siblings? A weight must be lifted off our shoulders now and again. If I may lighten the burden on those I care about, then truly that is all that matters." Damien framed his chin with two fingers, thinking about what he could say next. "Well, I might not be of much help at the moment, but I know you have what it takes to figure out the right choices down your road. And if you ever need help, know that your family is close. I wouldn't hesitate to drop everything and come to help the three of you. So all you have to do if you need my council is to give me a quick shout."

Interaction with: Panda chaos Panda chaos

Mentions: xAlter xAlter

1623170884577.png
Siegfried
Interactions: Te al Latte Te al Latte

Siegfried nearly reached out when Callisto pulled away from him. He saw the hurt in her eyes, the confusion, and the anger. He saw it all and that was the only thing keeping him from doing so. Instead, he stood and listened as she went on about his admission about his own fate. He saw the gears working as he shook, and Sieg wanted to reach out, to comfort her, but it was his own doing that caused her to react like this, to be scared, to fear him or the situation. He didn’t know which one.

She finally realized. She finally found out what he was meaning to tell her about, what he wanted to tell her about. Yes, the North would plunge into Civil War. There was a chance to avoid it, but doing so would take great effort from Sieg and even Lyn to find a diplomatic way to settle the tension. β€œAye,” he said softly. β€œBraska and Havardr both have claims to the throne, and it is the North’s way to settle differences by combat. Whether I like it or not, I will have to pick a side, I will have to support one sibling over the other. I must make a choice that determines the future of the North.”

β€œI have already given my support to Braska.” he relented, turning away. β€œOnly you and her know this. Not even the men and women under my command know. I am already a piece on the chessboard of the North’s future. I will not make you one as well.” Feeling everything just come crashing down, Sieg was momentarily brought to the present when Callisto touched him. The feel of her fingers along his skin shook him.

Grabbing her hands together in his, his lone eye shown with desperation, with a plea to listen. Her request of marriage, her want to marry, he could not accept. β€œListen Calli, I want to get married, I want us to have a future together, but if you marry before a succession of the throne is complete I can not guarantee anything. You must not get involved.” His voice was firm, steady, and powerful, but his eyes reflected anything but. β€œI will not endanger your countrymen, I will not endanger anyone who is not of Northern blood in a war that isn’t theirs!” Letting her go, he turned, walked to a nearby column, and placed a palm against it.

His mind was a whirlwind of chaos as he berated himself for saying too much and revealing things that should’ve gone unsaid. She had her heart in the right place, but a heart in the right place would not do any good for the things that would happen if the West joined. He could not allow that to happen. His grip tightened, and Sieg lost control for an instance.

The stone under his hand against the pillar reacted to his magic and crumbled, turning to a cloud of fine dust. Pulling his hand back as if scalded, Sieg took a deep, shaky breath and tried to reign in his emotions. This conversation was getting to him, his control was wavering. He needed to end it.

β€œIf the West shows any soldier on Northern lands, the Civil War may stop, however, that is because it is a Northern matter,” he said, turning back to Callisto. β€œI am a Northerner first, and it is my pride in that status that brings me here. The West, the East, the South, it doesn’t matter who it is that attempts to intervene or help. This would be our war as Northerners. Not yours, not theirs, ours. If there is one thing Havardr and I agree on, it is that Northerner matters should be taken care of the Northerner way.” Walking forth and gingerly taking Callisto's hand into his own again, he spoke softly. "I say this because I do not want to see you hurt. I don't want to see you suffer. This is my burden and I shall shoulder it alone."

Callisto RundstrΓΆm
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) ➻ Location: The Courtyard » The Palace Hallways
―――――― Β» Β» Β» ➺ ❦
C 2.jpeg
β€œI will not endanger your countrymen, I will not endanger anyone who is not of Northern blood in a war that isn’t theirs!”

The resolution Callisto gained withered into nothing but frayed shrivels of naive hope the moment she saw the desperation in his eye. He turned around and she watched as the prince walked towards a pillar, his emotions obviously outpouring from his body. Callisto gasped the moment the column crumbled under his touch. She blinked at the dust gathering on the ground, at the power within his fingertips when he loses control. The Northern prince was a paradox. Her shy and thoughtful prince with the capability to destroy; it must take so much of his restraint to not use that ability and take it for granted. He is kind, Callisto thought decidedly, surer now more than ever. For no one, but someone good and righteous, can have the power to obliterate everything in his wake yet remain selfless.

β€œI am a Northerner first, and it is my pride in that status that brings me here. The West, the East, the South, it doesn’t matter who it is that attempts to intervene or help. This would be our war as Northerners. Not yours, not theirs, ours. If there is one thing Havardr and I agree on, it is that Northerner matters should be taken care of the Northerner way.”

Callisto knew about duty, she knew about pride. She was aware of the role she must play. That very role is the reason why she was here ready to marry him, after all. She knew about being true to your people, being responsible for their future and their lives. So she understood, she truly did. Yet understanding does not mean his rejection hurt any less. The prince took her hand into his, softly telling her that he does not want her to suffer, that it was his burden to shoulder alone.

Alone. Alone. Alone.

She all but offered him everything on a silver platter; their ships, their soldiers, their prowess. She proposed for a political marriage, a marriage beneficial to his cause, to their war, for the sake of immediate peace. She only asked for one thing in return; the chance to learn to love him. He could not give that to her. Not yet. Will he ever? She wondered sadly. Callisto could feel tears of frustration stinging her eyes before wiping them as quickly as possible. It was no use acting like a spoiled child who did not get her way.

β€œThat is the second time you have rejected me within our conversation, your highness. I must say I did not expect it to hurt more the second time around,” Callisto joked weakly in a whisper while she turned her gaze towards their intertwined hands.

Does he not understand the root of her dilemma? He talks about ensuing peace, about their future, about their eventual happiness, but all Callisto heard was the vagueness of uncertainty. Their marriage will have no future if the very foundation of their relationship has no anchor to begin with. β€˜My burden alone.’ Alone. He has the choice to not be alone, yet, he chooses to refuse it. Refuse her. No man should bear the weight of war by himself. Yes, he has his siblings, however, if their familial relationship was actually reliably solid, there would be no threat of war in the North in the first place.

…Because you are a hindrance, the painful thought echoed in the recesses of her mind.

Does he not understand that war is precarious? War is but the answer of a lesser man to a problem that can easily be solved with words and negotiations. Is their country not past the age of bloodshed? Why must their Northern brothers and sisters go through chaos once more? War might bring momentary glory, but it also reaps slaughter and death. Lives, once lost, are lost forever.

β€œIs there no other way? Why must a civil war be the ultimatum? Why must you be diminished into a piece on a chessboard?” She said quietly, sadness in her voice.

Does he not understand that time is irreversible? He looks into the face of war with the intention of paving the way for the unsure future yet did he not consider that the now is as important as what has yet to happen, maybe even more. That even this very moment was fleeting before their very eyes.

Does he not understand that, in war, she could lose him?

β€œI feel like I have lost you even before I got the chance to call you mine,” Callisto gave him a defeated smile.

What is more important? The pride of his kingdom, of the North, or the lives of its constituents, their people? Callisto wanted to ask then remembered Siegfried’s tone of finality, of wanting to end the argument. He all but stated that it was none of her business, that her presence besides him was nothing but a liability to the role he must play. Did he expect her to be a good wife-to-be and just wait for him as he fought and bled? A fiancee who stands by the sidelines, waiting for the day her betrothed succumbs to his eventual doom? Is that all she was? Is that the position she must undertake in his story?

The princess met his gaze straight on, regret and disappointment apparent in her eyes. β€œI don’t want you to be alone. I want to be by your side. I want to support you. And a union between us is the only way for me to be able to officially do so. The moment we wed, I would be formally declared as the princess of the West and North. I could help you, I could be with you, I could - ” she stopped herself. If they are unwed, the Western King, her father, would not allow their youngest child to visit or stay in the North especially if there was a threat of civil war. And Siegfried won’t be able to see her in the West if he’s preoccupied with leading his men and battle. Distance and formality is a mighty foe in their situation. The fight in her burned into a weak flicker of defiance before dissipating into acceptance.

Both her hands held his tightly before lifting it to the side of her face, feeling the callouses of his fingers and palm, memorizing the warmth of his skin with her own. She savored the feeling for a few heartbeats then dropped his wrist, loosening her grip. β€œ..but it does not matter what I want or what I could do, right? That is not the role I have to play, not the future you have decided for me.” Frustration overwhelmed Callisto but there was only sad resolution in her face, in her heart. She let go of his hands and backed away, distancing herself from him physically and emotionally. She gave him a pained smile.

The evening was growing darker as the moon hid behind dark clouds. The glint of the stars dulled in her vision. β€œMy first impression of you remains unchanged; you are kind and righteous. I am honored to call you my betrothed, Prince Siegfried of the North.” Reality has settled into her bones. Their connection is unusual and was forced down their throats. The princess was naive to hope for something more. She was not part of his plan, not yet. β€œThank you for the dance, for accompanying me in our walk. Do not worry about the details you have shared, trust me that I will not tell a soul. You are right, this is the burden of the North and the North alone. But you are strong and your heart is good. I know that whichever path you choose, it will be for your people, for your country.”

β€œI am fond of you, overwhelmingly so,”
but the truth of their situation is unforgiving and she was a gullible princess who was used to fairytales without war and violence. β€œβ€¦but these childish feelings are not the answer to our circumstances. I am sorry for being a liability. I'll take my leave, first. I- I... need to collect myself. I'll see you back in the dining hall.”

The Western Princess silently walked out of the Courtyard, moving towards the palace hallways. The tightness in her chest stayed along with the heavy pounding of her heart. Tears of disappointment stung her eyes. She felt overwhelmed, frustration and defeat burned her skin. Callisto lifted her skirt, walking faster. She needed to sort her feelings out before she faces Siegfried again later. She needed to calm down, she needed someone to talk to. She needed her siblings.

β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ

Interactions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried)

Last edited:
63389D17-CF41-4CBE-AD2B-57F01C67751A.png
Prince Vern

Vern had watched the encounter in a sort of daze, not sure what was happening or what to do. His eyes darted from one participant to another as the two eldest took jabs at one another, the younger girl playing peacemaker. He had been certain that a fight would break out at the table but things seemed to have de-escalated. When he snapped back to reality, he couldn’t hold back a quiet laugh. The whole thing almost felt like a performance. The way that the strong Lady Braska now sat pouting like a child over her mead. The younger sister scolding the siblings that many nations feared. There was also a bit of relief in his laugh. Before, the tension was almost more than he could bear - not including the freezing temperature around him. Now, at least, he could begin to feel his hands. Plus, with the interrogation away from him, he felt he could breathe again, although he wasn’t sure how long that would last.

Now, Vern could face Braska again with a calmer demeanor, not feeling the urge to jump out of his seat. It was interesting to see a different side to Braska, if only for a second. The woman he had been speaking to was The Northern Wind’s Chosen and not much else. Before, he had wondered if there was much to her besides her cold demeanor and military prowess. How long would it take before he saw the softer side of her again or even the passion she showed when speaking to her brother? Either was better over the mocking and apathy he received.

When the conversation seemed to have lulled, he spoke up, speaking for the first time since the family reunion had started. β€œIs this typical with your siblings?” At the mention of siblings, he had noticed there was one missing. The North had another prince, if he remembered correctly. β€œThere seems to be one missing. Your brother, no? Tell me about him.” It was more small talk than genuine interest, but he met the rest so he might as well ask. It seemed like a safe question to ask. The last thing he wanted to do was start another barrage of insults. His heart wouldn’t be able to take it!

Interactions: Uasal Uasal (Braska)
Mentions: xAlter xAlter (Sieg)

1621090871157.png

Braska stifled a laugh when Lynette moved to poke Havardr in the forehead, the sight was akin to a small child poking a bear and it always amused Braska without fail. Especially considering Lynette was likely the only person able to walk away from such action aside from their mother, whom she was very much like. Smiling softly at the sight Braska moved her tankard aside and took instead a glass of water to sip on. Tension quickly fled the northern princess and by the time Lynette had asked for an introduction Braska's mood had lightened quite a considerable amount. Looking to her sister Braska smiled devilishly and shot a scheming wink before responding in a quiet and hushed tone. As if letting Lynette in on a secret the likes of which should never be shared. "His name is Vern. He's the youngest prince of the southern kingdom...a playboy to boot.". It took Braska great effort to halt herself from laughing but she powered through with the intention of poking fun at both Vern and her sister "They say he has a harem... 40 strong... at his beck and call to boot. Can you believe it! I suppose if we are to get married that would make me 41 would it not... how am I going to tell father... oh Lynette... what am I to do!"

While whispering to Lynette Braska was quick to notice Vern's quiet laughter, confident she had kept her conversation with Lynette quiet Braska grew quite curious as to what it was he found so funny. Turning to face the prince upon his speaking up Braska offered him a soft smile and waved her hand dismissively "Typical? No, I and Havardr tend to be far too busy to get together like this. Besides Havardr himself is hardly ever home in the capital. He and his troops are almost always on the move. It's very seldom we all get together like this.". Siping from her water again Braska made a nod towards the nobles and merchants gathered further back in the room, drawing attention to them "Whereas I tend to be almost always preoccupied with meetings. Budget, Commerce, Construction, Forestry, Mining, Defence... the list goes on and on. Then there's my duty to the silver Legion which can take me to the far reaches of the kingdom at short notice. Unfortunately, time is the one thing I find myself lacking the most. I'm sure the same goes for Havardr."

Moving a finger to the rim of her glass and slowly running it around harmonically Braska laughed softly "All that's before you take into consideration it's autumn and winter is fast approaching. In the North, Winter is severe and unforgiving. One slip up in preparation can result in several deaths. The people look to us, their royals for guidance during these trying months. It's all hands on deck. After the end of my meetings, I lend aid and tend to the storehouses, aid in reconstruction efforts, help secure firewood and coal in both the raw harvesting of such goods as well as the transportation. alternating by necessity obviously, I don't do all this in one day mind you. I sow, I help cook.... okay I say I help cook but really I stand there and taste test... ehhhhh let's see... well you get the point. Anyway, once I finish there it's back to tend to the paperwork of the day and then right to bed. Lynette, Sigfried and Havardr all have their parts to play to during these two seasons. I just happen to be better at administration and oversight so I take on those sort of roles outside my official capacity of course. Purely to help out, there's no cost or anything! It would just feel wrong not to help out. Oh and Father holds a huge feast on the first day of winter for everyone in the capital! You know to ensure there's that sense of unity among us all in those tough times. It's really a wonderful festival. We also send food to the country towns so they can celebrate too...."

Looking up Braska blushed a bright red and came to a sudden halt "Ha, perhaps I really have had too much mead, look at me prattling on. I apologise". Looking to Siegfried's empty seat Braska began to grin several thoughts running through her mind, most of which were how she could tease him later for such a disappearance. "Siegfried. He is my youngest brother. A shy fellow. He keeps to himself and tries his best not to draw attention. A shadow, he's like a shadow! Yes, yes, yes a shadow describes him perfectly!"

Returning her gaze to Vern Braska smiled "He's a kind young man with a strong sense of duty and justice. He's easy to mess with and very easy to talk to if you can get him alone. He's highly intelligent and knows about almost everything that goes on in our kingdom, a font of knowledge really. He cares deeply for us all and he does his best to 'reach our expectations' although really as far as I'm concerned he's far surpassed mine years ago. If I even had any... his fiance seems nice too. Quite pretty and fun. Well from what little I spoke to her. Anyway, he's my youngest brother and I love him dearly as do I Lynette and Havardr"
Mooniee Mooniee xAlter xAlter Soviet Panda Soviet Panda

Char_suggest_3.PNG

Prince Kumo
Interactions: Te al Latte Te al Latte (Callisto), Reiia silver Reiia silver (Erica)

This facade of a peaceful banquet for the Four Kingdoms was preposterous. Even with the numerous bonds being forged between the newly acquainted royals, the air was tainted with the sensations of tension, anxiety, and pressure. Taking the simplest glance of the hall said a thousand words. From the darting eyes and sly expressions, the room was decorated in different personalities, some of which clashed, while some others prospered. Yet, the ties between siblings, whether it be negative or positive, always remained, being the spark to the fire of familial dysfunction. It was only evening, meaning that there was quite enough room for more to unfold, a thought that sprouted minor worries in the prince. At the moment though, it appeared that the constraint of the night to come finally got to his betrothed, Erica stammering out her desire for air and an invitation for Kumo to follow. Instantly, she stood from her seat, making her way hurriedly out of the banquet hall, disappearing before Kumo could even utter a word.

"Tch..." Kumo let escape between his teeth, smacking his hand on the table in frustration. "Was it something that I did...?" He questioned internally, sighing as his once calm princess suddenly burst away. Even then, that trend seemed prominent within the hall. Kumo noticed the fact that all his other siblings were missing, puzzling the prince about why they would even find the opportunity to leave. Only the gods knew what they could be up to. But, for the time being, his siblings would have to wait, he needed to find Erica and help her gather herself. The last thing he needed at this point was for Erica to break down at such a time. With a huff, the prince left swiftly without a gaze back, stepping into the lavish hallways.

His footsteps echoed in the desolate halls, slight impatience settling upon his stern expression as he searched the corridors for any sign of Erica. That is until another set of prompt steps came from around the corner. The individual in a rush was none other than his dear little sister, Callisto. Kumo froze in place, a wave of relief washing over him knowing that his sister was alright, especially after she magically wandered off with her future husband. That relief turned into immediate concern as he gazed upon Callisto's face. Her features displayed her distraught mind, the bright eyes of his sibling glistening with what looked like tears.

Kumo finally moved from his position, taking another step as his sister approached from around the corner, clutching her skirt as she walked. "Callisto! Dear sister, are you alright? You appear to be upset. Did something happen?" He called out to her, his expression softening at the sight of Callisto. No matter how detached his relationship was with his other family members, one thing that never faltered was his love for his baby sister. Even when Persephone and Kumo were at each other's throats, or Damien shared his disagreements with his older siblings, they would always share the same feelings regarding Callisto. Usually, his sister was a bubbly individual, always having a proud but optimistic demeanor. Seeing her like this was heartbreaking, a complete opposite from the Callisto that Kumo knew. Awaiting a response as she approached, Kumo opened his arms, offering an embrace if his sister needed it. The idea rang out in his head when he realized one core principle that could carry the West through this odd day. The West, even if hell went on behind closed doors, needed to stick together, whether they liked it or not.

Callisto RundstrΓΆm
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) ➻ Location: The Palace Hallways
―――――― Β» Β» Β» ➺ ❦
C 2.jpeg
The resolve Callisto built to not let her tears fall collapsed the moment she heard Kumo’s voice. She turned to look at her eldest brother’s worried face and she all but ran into his open arms, burying her face on his chest as she smothered his newly tailored suit with childish tears not suitable for a princess. Embracing her brother tightly, Callisto closed her eyes and savored the comforting familiarity of her brother’s arms around her. She finally felt grounded, the shock and disappointment from her conversation with Siegfried gradually melted away with her brother’s protective warmth. Family, for Callisto, is everything. After a long minute of quietly sniffing and trying compose herself, she finally opened her eyes and stepped away from her brother, though she kept her hands on his arms, not wanting to let go of the comfort his presence brought.

β€œNothing happened, brother,” the princess replied as she looked up straight into his gaze. β€œI…. I was taking a walk with Prince Siegfried in the Courtyard when I… we overheard some servants gossiping about a…. falling out of some Aristocratic family here in the Middle Kingdom,” Callisto lied, not wanting to betray the delicate trust her betrothed gave her. β€œβ€¦and I just realized how much I love and appreciate you and Persephone and Damien.” She felt her tears stinging her eyes once more so she quickly tried to wipe her eyes. β€œWe are all bound to different ends of the country and I- we, won’t be able to see each other as much and you are going to be so far away! And I know you and Persephone have your differences and Damien usually prefers to be alone, however, we-β€œ Callisto choked on her words, tears stubbornly dripping her face, like a child learning about the cruelty and reality of the world. In a way, she was. β€œPlease tell me we, our family, will be alright. That no matter what storm comes our way, we will weather through it together and that you will choose our family no matter what. Promise me, Kumo, that we will never fall apart.”

Callisto loves because she is intensely loved in return. Love is all she’s ever known. This was the crux of the matter, she realized. The world is not full of good things. Sometimes, the viciousness seeps through. Siegfried’s path and decision and the North’s eventual future are harsh reminders that not even a princess such as herself could have everything she wanted, no matter how good her intentions are. She turned to look at her brother once more, his blue eyes so similar to her own. Tenderness filled her chest because she knew Kumo would go to war for her, not with her. He would wage war for all his siblings, and for that, Callisto was grateful.

The Northern lands were frigid and cold so its people had no choice but to adapt to its savage winters. They needed to learn to be hard and tough lest they perish in the country’s merciless winds. Their beliefs were a reflection of that. Siegfried was gentle and kind but his principles are made of steel and ice. It’s part of who he is and who he’ll forever be. The Western princess needed to respect that, and like the Northern people, learn to adapt to it. And she wished he would do the same for her. Compromise. They needed a compromise for their situation.

β€œI am sorry for suddenly losing my control and bursting into tears. I must look so immature, it is unusual for me to be like this, it must have worried you. I just felt emotional about…. Everything.” Callisto frowned at her brother, her brows furrowed in worry if he’s stealing his time away from his own betrothed.
β€œDo you know where Persephone and Damien are? I just have this overwhelming need to see them.”

β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ

Interactions: imXeno imXeno (Kumo)
Mentions: xAlter xAlter (Siegfried) Vexumin Vexumin (Damien) Panda chaos Panda chaos (Persephone)

Last edited:

1623542562028.png
Siegfried
Interactions: Uasal Uasal Mooniee Mooniee Soviet Panda Soviet Panda Te al Latte Te al Latte

When she turned to him and spoke, when those bright eyes dulled, when she looked at him, his resolve nearly crumbled. ”I’ve made a mistake.” he thought. He knew it, but it was a mistake he was willing to make. He would not regret it, but as she spoke, his eyes softened, and his stance slackened. Was this truly the right call? Was it okay for him to selfishly hold onto what made him who he was and forsake help because of a thing called Pride? Was that not the height of selfishness? No, he could not think like that. Steel his heart and freeze his emotions, he needed to think clearly.

β€œI would forsake the world for you…” he whispered softly as she walked away. β€œI would forsake everything for you, but my family is all that I had, and all that I have. For them, anything. I would sunder the world itself, rain the Heavens down on all, and all they'd need to do is ask.” Turning away from where she once stood, Sieg motioned for the figure in the shadows to reveal themselves. A servant of the castle stood, her face shrouded by the shadows of the courtyard. The only distinguishable or even notable feature was an earring of a silver and black feather. Sieg may have lost an eye, but in doing so, he gained many in return.

Where Havardr has his Ulfhednar and Braska has her Silver Legion, Sieg has his Ravens. They were his eyes and ears, his watchers on silent wings. β€œFollow after her and watch her,” he commanded, his tone steeled and emotionless. β€œMake sure nothing happens to her until she returns to the hall.” With a wave of his hand, the servant bowed and disappeared once more into the shadows, nary a sound being made.

Following the path Callisto once took, Sieg made his return to the dining hall. It hurt to see her hurt. It hurt to see her go, but he knew it must be done. Even if he couldn’t keep her safe himself, he would do his damndest to make sure she doesn’t lose that fire of hope, that flame of passion. His siblings may exude an aura of cold because of their magic, but no heart in the family was as cold as his. He knew the sacrifices that he needed to make, he knew the hard choices that had to be decided. He knew it all and he kept it to himself. After all, it would always be his burden to bear.

If one were to watch as Prince Siegfried Gunhildr walked back to the hall, they would notice his stride shift, from one of poised confidence to that of meek anxiety. His steps silent, Sieg once more slipped into the hall and searched for the figures of his siblings. There they were, conversing by Braska’s seat, and her betrothed, Prince Vern of the South. Making his way over, Sieg slithered his way to them.

Giving a quick hug to Lyn, Sieg found a spot next to Havardr. "I hope the festivities aren't to your liking, because they sure aren't to mine. I'd rather be back up in the North and out of these stuffy clothes as well." he muttered. "The things we do for family." Turning to Braska he placed a hand on her shoulder. β€œSister, if you have such praise for me, I would like to hear it straight. I doubt I’ve passed your expectations,” he responded weakly, yet his voice could be heard clearly. His lone eye wandered to Vern and it hardened, flashing a deadly light, that it would be easily missed. ”So this is Prince Vern.” he thought. To put it simply, Sieg was… disappointed. Everything about the man screamed… soft. There was nothing impressive about him at first glance. He had heard tales of Princess Miriam, and to think they were related, Braska truly did get the shortest end of the stick it seemed.

Swiping Braska’s mead from her hands, Sieg took a sip and relished in the alcoholic beverage. It wasn’t the stuff he was used to back in the North, but it was a decent replacement. β€œBut if Prince Vern wishes to know more about us, the best way would be in the Northern way, combat. After all, if he is to marry you, Braska, he’d need to learn how the North is. If he can’t even best me, he’s not deserving of your hand, least of all your attention.”

Char_suggest_3.PNG

Prince Kumo
Interactions: Te al Latte Te al Latte (Callisto)
Even though the embrace they shared was meant to comfort his sister, the soft squeeze she gave managed to calm whatever nerves were still festering within Kumo. At the moment, the prince could not care about the tears that stained his attire or whatever trivial principles of professionalism would be messed with by this display in such a public area; all that mattered to him was making sure Callisto was well. The prideful warrior prince faded away, only the protective, loyal older brother remaining in his place, Kumo taking a deep breath as he stroked the back of his sister's head gently. "Everything is okay, Callisto. Take your time..." Kumo whispered downward, holding her tighter as if he wanted to ensure she would be safe in his arms at all costs. At times through all the royal responsibilities the West had, it was easy to forget how young Callisto was, both physically and mentally. While Kumo went off to battle, while Persephone applied herself in every powerful manner she could, while Damien buried his nose in books and studied, Callisto was just the baby. She was loving, caring, but never truly exposed to anything that would possibly disturb the peace she had in life. The prince himself did not remember the last time he heard his sister bawl her eyes out. What would even push the walking sunshine that was Callisto to such a point?

Finally pulling herself together, the princess pulled away from her brother, looking up to meet his eyes as she began to speak. Kumo's concern was undeniably visible, taking in her story with slight skepticism. However, the more she spoke, the doubtful thoughts dispersed as the genuineness of his sister shined bright. Her words were true, a horrid truth but still right nonetheless. With these marriages, Kumo's family would be split apart, the prince understanding that with her marriage to Prince Siegfried she would be set off to the North. The idea of Callisto having to move to the North had not sat comfortably with Prince Kumo yet, especially due to the lack of knowledge he had regarding Siegfried. If anything, Kumo was prepared to do whatever it takes to protect Callisto, whether he had to go through one man or one thousand men.

Kumo was ready to interject into his sister's rambling but paused as she uttered her last plead. It took him by surprise, the choked stammering mixed with brimming tears left him in disarray as he scanned her face. Promise me, Kumo, that we will never fall apart. Her words were short but impactful. It was like a dagger through his soul, causing him to bite his lip as he considered what she asked. The future was not promised, specifically with royalty. Particularly in their present, with what laid ahead, it cast a fog upon every last royal's path into their upcoming lives. So many questions surrounded these marriages, the political landscape of the Four Kingdoms, and even how the people would react to these new royal bondings. A promise like this was hard with the mystery shrouding Alawater Cay. Even so, Kumo always held a deep loyalty to his family, whether he was the upcoming ruler or not. The prince was willing to give it all away for his family: his life, his powers, his position, as long as it meant his family remained intact. With that, his expression instantly shifted, giving Callisto a heartfelt smile as he nodded.

"Callisto... you're growing up so quickly right before my very eyes. My baby sister is becoming such a fine princess. Nonetheless, I'm appreciative that you think so much about your siblings. In all honesty, Persephone, Damien, and I would not be the same without you. But, I know that these times are going to be rough... we all shall carry the burden of being split and separated over such vast distances." Kumo paused, taking a sigh at the thought of such events. "You have my word though. I'm sure Damien and Persephone would agree, despite any difference or dispute we have, our family comes first. I could care less about who shall be going where, or whom we shall be wed to. What is of true importance is our family and the upholding of our family. So, don't stress your little head or shed any more tears because I assure you, I will do everything within my power to make sure we will stay together. I promise." The prince continued, locking his gaze onto his sister's to show his seriousness. His promise was signed and sealed, the one he'd have to upkeep for as long as he lived, just because Callisto requested.

With his words, it seemed as if the Callisto he knew reappeared, the princess swift to apologize. "No, no, no, sister, you do not need to be sorry. I understand that the predicament at hand is quite heavy per se, and having to pent it all up to maintain a royal presence is a challenge. I commend you for being so courageous in this time, Callisto. I believe all of us have our weight of emotions pressuring us, some are just more secretive about it than others." Kumo pulled his arms back to fold them over his chest, taking the second to glance up and down the hallway as she asked about their other relatives.

"To be honest with you, I do not have the slightest clue. I was so caught up with Princess Erica, I did not even witness the departure of both Persephone and Damien. I'm assuming they are probably together wandering the corridors because their betrothed are still present in the banquet hall. Speaking of which, I'm looking for my future wife as well. I assume the emotions got to her too as she burst out of the hall, and more than likely she'd be in the courtyard." Kumo's smile then faded, his stoic look returning as he refocused on his sister. "Oh, by the way, sister, I hope you have plans to let me meet your dear Prince Siegfried. It would be a shame if I never get the opportunity to pick the mind of a Northern prince. I know of his siblings, Havardr and Braska as they are two outstanding leaders and belligerents. However, I haven't had the luxury of learning more about your fiancΓ©." The prince chuckled, placing a hand on Callisto's shoulder. "For now, I bid you farewell. Go find our siblings and make sure you are all back within the hall before the Queen arrives. I must go get Erica." He finally said, patting her shoulder a few times as he walked past her, continuing on his original path down the hall.

Callisto RundstrΓΆm
Role: Youngest Princess of Alawater Cay (West) ➻ Location: The Palace Hallways
―――――― Β» Β» Β» ➺ ❦
C 2.jpeg Callisto gave her brother the warmest smile she could muster as he walked past her. Thankful. She will be forever thankful to Kumo. His words felt like a balm, assuaging the tightness in her chest and the disappointment in her heart. Kumo is righteous and loyal, he does not take his promises lightly. To have his word was all the assurance Callisto needed. If her brother, with his heart of gold and will of steel, told her their family will be alright, then what choice did Callisto have but to believe it? She watched as he went his way to look for his betrothed who fled the banquet hall herself, thankful that she was not the only one who was overcome with emotions this evening. His heavy-laden footsteps echoed the hall and Callisto wished him nothing but the best in his future marriage with Princess Erica. I hope nothing but happiness and peace for you, Kumo, Callisto wished in her thoughts. If I cannot have it for myself, I will pray that you will be blessed with it tenfold.

The young princess straightened her gait and wiped off remnant tears from her face. Pink smudges stained her under-eyes and Callisto was positive her whole face was red because of her crying. Kumo instructed that her two other siblings will probably be in some palace hallway. Callisto loved her brother, truly, but his direction was no help. Callisto sighed then proceeded to walk towards an open window, looking at the dark sky. She closed her eyes, concentrating on the wisps of wind kissing her face. She seldom used her magic, not trained enough to fully utilize her abilities beyond Tranquillum. But she needed to see her brother and sister so she concentrated.

The air carried hundreds of voices within its waves, the song of their whispers echoing in Callisto’s mind. Hello, young one, the wind seemingly muttered in her ear. The Western Princess felt her lips shape into a smile. The wind is her constant companion, an acquaintance when loneliness creeps into the shadows of their palace walls. As she was the youngest, all of her siblings are usually occupied with duties for their kingdom. Mostly, her job was to entertain guests and their people, but dinner parties rarely take place so she was left with more free days than she can count. She had her own royal studies, yes, but that was not enough to pass the time. That's why when the voice of the Western winds whispered into her ears, one day, she did not think twice before whispering back.

Callisto meditated harder, trying to pinpoint the voices of her siblings before opening her eyes. β€œTake me there, dear friend.” She told the air as the breeze gently moved around her, directing her towards the opposite wing of the palace. The princess followed its path, her heels clicking in the marble floor. Upon turning into a corner, she spotted both her siblings sitting on the floor, both leaning on a wall. Callisto’s eyes brightened. Prince Siegfried and their previous conversation laid forgotten in that moment.

β€œPersephone! Damien!” The youngest sibling called out, running towards them. β€œIf you excuse me, let me-β€œ She knelt in front of the two before readily placing herself in the middle of her siblings, scooting them over even though there was barely enough space for her. She gave them both a wide smile. β€œI was looking for you two. I’m glad you found him, Persephone.” Callisto grabbed both their arms with one of her own, leaning her head on her sister’s shoulder before looking at Damien. β€œHow are you feeling, Damien? What were you two talking about for so long?”

Safe, that’s what she felt when she is surrounded by her siblings, safe and secured. It’s as if no pain or war can reach her with them by her side. Callisto knew that her face still had traces of her tears earlier but she could not seem to care now that she was with her siblings. β€œKumo told me to make sure we return back to the hall before Queen Jade arrives, which is funny, to be quite honest, because he was on his way to see his fiancee somewhere else. Silly Kumo,” Callisto said with a small giggle, her previous feeling of dejection slowly dripping away. Loved, that's what she felt.
β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ β—ˆ

Interactions: imXeno imXeno (Kumo) Vexumin Vexumin (Damien) Panda chaos Panda chaos (Persephone)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back