• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
(I just wanted to say I'm really new at creating threads so sorry I don't know code)

Up high in the mountains on a snowy peak lays a small log cabin. The temperatures are below freezing and the winds are harsh. But this isn't just a log cabin. Buried deep in the mountain is a laboratory, specialized in studying things of the unknown. They keep these things hidden from the world, mostly for its own safety. The subjects, often times seperated by danger class, are tested on and contained. This place is supposed to be good. It's supposed to help humanity. But the lab isn't doing it right. The subjects are getting angry for the pain and suffering they experience in their daily lives. Others are just evil and want to see all of humanity burn. The lab is at its breaking point, and it will take more then just time to stop a catastrophic event from occuring...

Hello and welcome to The Evil Within! This RP is based around a group of characters trying to keep the lab from being overrun by subjects, and trying to prove their innocence. Most characters will be subjects in this RP, but a few scientists or guards will be allowed. You can even play as one of the founders of the lab. Escape? Kill? Scientists with evil agendas? Big scary monsters..... Well that's what you should expect I guess.

The danger classes:

Sub-01- is mostly harmless and usually has powers that aren't capable of harming others.

Sub-02- is also harmless (in terms of personality) and has powers that are capable of hurting others.

Sub-03- is considered neutral and is capable of hurting others.

Sub-04- is considered neutral and is capable of severely injuring others.

Sub-05- Is considered aggressive but powers are not capable of severely damaging others.

Sub-06- is considered aggressive and are capable of severely injuring others

Sub-07- unknown. Needs further evaluation.

In terms of job roles:

Scientists: test subjects and are typically extremely smart.

Guards: move subjects around and prevent them from escaping/hurting others.

Medics: heal those who are injured.

If you pick a job role I recommend you join the subs to save the lab (or you may get bored or possibly killed IC)

I've been looking for a good lab rp for a while and can't find one. This is strongly based off of the SCP universe, although you don't need to know about it to join. I hope you're interested!

Any questions? Please ask!

CS:

OOC:

Warning!!! This RP will contain violence and disturbing content to some. It wont be over the top but I still would like to say that.

IC:

Last edited:
Interesting~

Asking because of the subgenre, is this a crossover/multiverse sort of thing? Or OCs?

Assuming we play as a subject, are we required to be non human subjects or can we be humans with odd extra stuff?

Interesting~

Asking because of the subgenre, is this a crossover/multiverse sort of thing? Or OCs?
Ocs. Although I'd be fine with a character based around another from some sort of fandom as long as the lore from the fandom doesn't get involved with the story.

Oh I forgot to add rules for ocs xD basically just no being extremely OP.
OP in this universe:
-being immortal
-Not being able to physically get hurt.
-Always hitting their shots when attacking.
-ill tell you to change something if it's too op or completely reject the character if everything is op

You can be hard to kill but everyone should have some sort of weakness.. or they wouldn't be in the lab in the first place would they?

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to add rules for ocs xD basically just no being extremely OP.
OP in this universe:
-being immortal
-Not being able to physically get hurt.
-Always hitting their shots when attacking.
-ill tell you to change something if it's too op or completely reject the character if everything is op

You can be hard to kill but everyone should have some sort of weakness.. or they wouldn't be in the lab in the first place would they?
would someone infected by an alien virus that is slowly converting them into a machine being count as being too op? He would have your basic Cyborg powers and whatever damage he takes would be repaired as machine parts meaning he would still take damage but would heal from it. Lethal damage would effectively turn him into a totally Different PC as he would become fully mechanical and thus no longer be the same person. Of course vaporizing him would stop that, or in some other way destroying him beyond his ability to repair.

that sound doable?

would someone infected by an alien virus that is slowly converting them into a machine being count as being too op? He would have your basic Cyborg powers and whatever damage he takes would be repaired as machine parts meaning he would still take damage but would heal from it. Lethal damage would effectively turn him into a totally Different PC as he would become fully mechanical and thus no longer be the same person. Of course vaporizing him would stop that, or in some other way destroying him beyond his ability to repair.

that sound doable?
That seems fine! Healing is a power that is allowed as long as they are able to be stopped or hurt. Does the character feel pain at all? If not you may want to add that (just so they aren't walking into battles and coming back with no consequences)

That seems fine! Healing is a power that is allowed as long as they are able to be stopped or hurt. Does the character feel pain at all? If not you may want to add that (just so they aren't walking into battles and coming back with no consequences)
Oh certainly. So long as his meaty bits are alive he feels pain and he has mostly meaty bits. His main threat comes not from having a lot of raw power but rather his versatility. I can’t decide if he would be an Sub-4 a sub-6 or a Sub-7. He doesn’t like being there and will attack if under duress but doesn’t go looking for trouble. His arm can make guns, blades, or other weapons making his deadly for sure, but While he isn’t contagious I intend for him to be relatively new to the scene so the lab I don’t think would be aware the he is not and if he was contagious that could be a huge threat. So I’m not sure where he would fit there.

Oh certainly. So long as his meaty bits are alive he feels pain and he has mostly meaty bits. His main threat comes not from having a lot of raw power but rather his versatility. I can’t decide if he would be an Sub-4 a sub-6 or a Sub-7. He doesn’t like being there and will attack if under duress but doesn’t go looking for trouble. His arm can make guns, blades, or other weapons making his deadly for sure, but While he isn’t contagious I intend for him to be relatively new to the scene so the lab I don’t think would be aware the he is not and if he was contagious that could be a huge threat. So I’m not sure where he would fit there.
I would say sub-4 for now. Usually sub level is based off of personality so they would place him there then bump him up or down based on further research. If he were contagious they wouldnt move him since he is still neutral and they know enough about him to not put him in sub-7. He's not aggressive so he wouldn't be in sub-6. I can make new sub lvls if someone's character doesn't fit into any of them though

I would say sub-4 for now. Usually sub level is based off of personality so they would place him there then bump him up or down based on further research. If he were contagious they wouldnt move him since he is still neutral and they know enough about him to not put him in sub-7. He's not aggressive so he wouldn't be in sub-6. I can make new sub lvls if someone's character doesn't fit into any of them though
That sounds great thanks for clearing that up. I’ll have him as a Sub-4 when the CS page goes up. The hype is indeed strong here.

I posted some things you may want to know in the ooc. You don't have to read it but It would help with how youre going to deal with the begining of the story! And glad to hear youre interested Windjammer!

Where do we start to rp?
We start in cells just before free time if your asking where we are going to start, but if your asking where the rp thread is it isn't up yet since we don't have enough character sheets posted. I'll wait a few days or up to a week for CS to be posted before moving on without anyone

;-; dang... I can try and see if my friends are interested. Hopefully they join! Though I won't get a response until tommorow since they are asleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back