• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Rayvin

Weekend Wallflower
"This is the fourth time this month.." Sirens and flashing lights consumed a downtown alleyway. Policeman and an ambulance blocked the way from prying and curious eyes. Except for one pair. A pair of eyes that reflected in the shadows from a fire escape above the newly discovered crime scene. A young man lay below in grime and blood, eyes open and dull. Forensics arrived and started to assess the scene and gather evidence. From the fire escape, a black cat quietly scaled down the stairs and jumped off onto a bag of garbage. He was practically silent amidst the wailing sirens. He stayed in the shadows though and watched the authorities do their job. There was an air of tension and fear as word quickly got out.

"This young man... isn't human." Something was off about the way he smelled. Nothing on his person gave him away but the cat could sense something special. The same special trait that the other three victims shared. The cat sighed and treaded closer, hopping into another patch of shadows. His tail slowly swished as he took note of what the forensics team gathered. "Body was found 15 minutes ago by a mother and child passing by. They said they saw no signs of anyone else having been here."

"He's been dead for about that time. He's still warm... Badly bruised. Blunt force trauma to the head is most likely what finished him." A member of the forensics team exchanged information with the officer. The cat remained sitting there quietly absorbing their information. It would be another 1 before authorities would start to clear out and remove the body. The area was marked off with yellow tape and left for the night. It was 1:47 in the morning now and the cat had spent enough time sneaking around. He vanished into the night and left the scene behind. For now.

"This is the fourth time this month.." Sirens and flashing lights consumed a downtown alleyway. Policeman and an ambulance blocked the way from prying and curious eyes. Except for one pair. A pair of eyes that reflected in the shadows from a fire escape above the newly discovered crime scene. A young man lay below in grime and blood, eyes open and dull. Forensics arrived and started to assess the scene and gather evidence. From the fire escape, a black cat quietly scaled down the stairs and jumped off onto a bag of garbage. He was practically silent amidst the wailing sirens. He stayed in the shadows though and watched the authorities do their job. There was an air of tension and fear as word quickly got out.

"This young man... isn't human." Something was off about the way he smelled. Nothing on his person gave him away but the cat could sense something special. The same special trait that the other three victims shared. The cat sighed and treaded closer, hopping into another patch of shadows. His tail slowly swished as he took note of what the forensics team gathered. "Body was found 15 minutes ago by a mother and child passing by. They said they saw no signs of anyone else having been here."

"He's been dead for about that time. He's still warm... Badly bruised. Blunt force trauma to the head is most likely what finished him." A member of the forensics team exchanged information with the officer. The cat remained sitting there quietly absorbing their information. It would be another 1 before authorities would start to clear out and remove the body. The area was marked off with yellow tape and left for the night. It was 1:47 in the morning now and the cat had spent enough time sneaking around. He vanished into the night and left the scene behind. For now.

Calliope Richards was walking down the road, feeling quite beaten down. The little horse she'd been tasked with saving was gone- and to a nasty bout of colic as well. As she padded on, the shadows of the night began to grow longer and longer and her head spun. The gleam of yellow caught the corner of her eye and almost instinctively, Callie turned to look at it. What a shame. Something had happened there and-judging from the tape surrounding it- it looked to be a murder.
Calliope sighed heavily. The city was just filled with death tonight.

She shifted course from her apartment and into some random little all-night gas station/convenience store. These things gave her major creeps for almost no reason. It was probably just the lighting. That's surely what it was. It's fine; Nothing's here. Still. Callie couldn't help but jump when she heard something
crash off of a shelf behind her. She spun around and stared at the object.

A box of chips fell to the ground as the store clerk scrambled to pick up his inventory. Some expletives were murmured before they got on their hands and knees to collect it all and replace it. Once that was taken care of, the clerk shoved the box aside to come back to later. There was no one else in the little shop until the automatic doors opened to the front. However... no one came in. The chime of the doorbell rang and the doors slid open but no one was there.

Outside, a black cat was slinking around outside, searching the area. "I need to get home.. I suppose I could-" The cat hurried off behind the dumpster to the side of the convenient store, once again morphing into the shadows.

Callie slipped out of the store without buying anything. Oh well. She wasn't really planning on getting anything, and she certainly wasn't after those doors did their thing. It was probably the wind, but Calliope wasn't taking any chances. When she saw a little sliver of black vanish behind a dumpster, she pressed herself to the ground and surveyed the area. "Hello? Is something back there?"

She clucked at the pair of lit up eyes that she saw flash under the dumpster. "Here, kitty cat." She rubbed her fingers together and made another kissy noise. "C'mere, little guy."

The cat gave her a ‘mrrow’ and poked his head out. His fur shone a little even in the dim, fluorescent lights. His eyes were a shade of pale blue too.

“Perhaps... I could let this lady bring me closer to home.”

The feline slowly approached her, quiet calmly and looked up at her. His little nose started sniff the air. “I smell.. a lot of things on her. Animals.. people.. antiseptic?”

The vet's hands shot out quickly and wrapped expertly around the little cat. "Hey baby. Where's your home?"

She stood with him and looked around the darkness.

"Let's go to the clinic and see if you're microchipped, ok? Let's go grab a carrier from that corner store- I'm sure we can get something."

“So a veterinarian... wait-“ Now it made sense why she smelled the way she did. Now about the carrier... “normally people just carry me. I need to avoid getting in a carrier!”

Calliope walked in and managed to finaggle her way into getting a tote bag, which she put the kitten in and secured the top of.

"Maybe you can stay at my apartment tonight..." She mused, looking at the bag which was now slung over her shoulder.

Would he need a litterbox? Maybe, but she could clean the bathtub.

The cat meowed through the bag as he was carried off. He tried to push his nose through the top and meowed loudly. “Mroooooooowww..” He droned.

“I really should have thought about my options... I can’t see where I’m going now.” He sighed and grumbled.

Callie bopped the bag lightly. "Shush." She reprimanded the kitten. "It's just a little walk, don't be scared."

As she climbed the thousand bajillion million steps upstairs, Calliope held the bag tight. "I hope nobody's worried about you. That would be awful for them."

The cat bapped back from the bag, poking the bag wall. Another low, grumbly meow came from the bag in protest. He was relatively quieter though. His nose started to push through the top, allowing him to get a good whiff of the area now.

He sat down and waited for there to be an opening. He wasn’t too terribly concerned about how far he went. It wasn’t convenient but it was what it was.

Callie set him down ever so gently in her bathroom. The door was firmly closed behind her and she undid the top of the bag slowly.

A quick look around the room would assure anyone that she knew what she was doing. In bowls low to the floor there sat water and a bit of wet cat food. Calliope had been lucky to find some cans in the pantry from when she fostered cats.

The cat poked his head out and looked around before gracefully hopping out. His fur was a short to mid length with a nice shine to it. He wasn't dirty or scruffy either. No collar was present but he seemed so behaved! Now a new investigation began as he started to smell around the room. Silently, the feline jumped up onto the counter and smelled the bottle of hand soap followed by hopping over to the back of the toilet to look around.

After a couple minutes, the cat finally turned to the lady who had kindly brought him into her dwelling. His gaze seemed focused as he watched her with his tail sweeping around his paws.

Callie had been watching him explore cheerfully- she thought the little kitten was just adorable. Now she ever so slowly extended a hand to him, letting him sniff the back. "Hello." She whispered. "I'm Callie."

What a well-behaved kitten! He had to have owners somewhere, right? No kitten knew this much on its own- right? Yes. Calliope had been a vet for 6 years. She knew these things.

The cat smelled her hand and booped her hand with his nose. "Mrow-rr" The black cat chirped back at her and rubbed his head against her hand.

"I suppose I'm staying here for the night." The cat then stretched and blinked slowly. There was no rush anymore. He'd find his way home tomorrow. He'd have to make an escape though. As much as he appreciated the help, he had his own place to get to.

Callie scritched his chin gently and patted him on the head. "I'm gonna head to bed- see you in the morning, little guy."

She slipped out of the bathroom, and the faint sound of locks clicking in the apartment door and the microwave humming could just be made out.
Calliope sat down on the couch with some reheated leftovers, and settled in to watch a movie.

He sat to watch her go and once the door was closed he slid into the sink to get comfortable. For now he'd think of a plan to get out. She had mentioned something about a microchip.. He knew he didn't have one.. if he didn't get away it would make for an inconvenient day. He wasn't too keen on the food.. his taste was a bit more refined than canned cat food. There wasn't a peep out of him.

Last edited:
Calliope turned it off around halfway through the movie, electing to head to bed instead. She tossed a fork into the kitchen sink.

She was so tired. How long had she been working? Callie didn't know. Well, she'd been riding earlier in the morning and Tulsa had thrown her, then she'd had those minor calls, and then the colicked pony. Oh. Right, she had to head round and collect it tomorrow. What a shame. Ah well, no need to dwell on that; time for bed.
She hit the bedroom lamp and crawled under her blankets sleepily.

It was around 2 in the morning now and Calliope's furry, little guest decided it was time to take care of some of his personal needs. Perhaps get some food from the kitchen. He'd need a more dexterous form though.

In the dark of night, the bathroom door quietly opened, followed by a couple of creaking sounds. The fridge was opened after a few minutes of silence, illuminating the kitchen. "I don't think she'll mind... Let's see if I can take a little of this." Hopefully she wouldn't even notice the food missing the next day. If he played his cards right, he wouldn't be discovered at all.

In bed, Callie sat bolt upright, grimacing in pain. She'd had a problem ever since she was a child, where she'd wake up at random points of the night with a splitting headache. It'd been going on ever since she'd fallen off a horse for the first time and hit her head.

Blindly, she stumbled to the kitchen, fumbling in the dark hall. When she entered the kitchen, bright light washed over her face, and Calliope shrieked at the figure standing before her fridge. She'd just wanted an icepack for her head- but something was in there.

Thankfully, moments before her unannounced entrance, her guest heard her coming and panicked. He dropped what he was eating in a flash he molded back into the shadows in the dark kitchen. His heart was pounding now. Had he been caught?? Why did she have to come out now?? There was a loud meow from the cat that now stood in the place the figure had been. Blue eyes stared up at her, wide eyed and surprised. How was he going to get out of this?? The cat started to pace around the food, using his feline tactics to distract her. A slightly fluffy tail swished, he purred, and rubbed against her leg.

Callie picked him up and cuddled him in her arms like a baby. "What on earth are you doing, little guy?" She tickled the kitten's chin, staring at the refrigerator. "How'd you get out here? And how'd you get this open?" She frowned down at him. "You didn't see anyone else in here, right?"
Still carrying him, Calliope crept around the island towards the fridge. "Nobody's here. How did you manage this??"

The cheeky black cat let her cuddle him and he meowed in return. "Mrrooooow", he purred and licked his muzzle. On the floor lie some left over backed chicken and rice. The meat had been shredded on one side. Surprisingly, the food was still contained in its tubberware. A couple of grains of rice had made it out to the floor but nothing too messy.

The cat's little heart was pounding however, it's expression still looking spooked.

"You little rat." She surveyed the mess. "You're in trouble, mister. Are you gonna help clean this up?" Ever so gingerly, Calliope picked up the chicken and carried it to the trash. "Little rat cat. I suppose this means you didn't eat your wet food, huh?"
Callie carried him back to the bathroom and closed the door firmly. "You'd better stay there this time."

Yawning, she slipped back to her room, finally getting her ice pack and heading to sleep.

The cat purred coyly and swished his tail happily. As she closed the door, he licked a paw clean. When the door shut he finally dropped the act and slid to the floor. "That.... was WAY to close! What if you had been caught?? I'd be done for! Not to mention having to deal with authorities and what they could possibly do to me.." The black cat rolled to his back and exhaled. "I seem to have gotten away with it though. I'll need to leave as soon as possible tomorrow though, I can't risk another encounter like that."

The lucky cat jumped back up onto the counter top and slid into the sink bowl. This time he'd stay there until the morning, curled up and cozy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back