• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Selee-01

All according to my Scenario
The Dark before the Dawn

Noticed a criminal lack of Nation-Builder roleplays here, and felt obligated to do something about it. It’s largely a sandbox, but there’s an overarching plot line to follow if you want.

In this RP, you play as a nation. It shall start at an late Bronze Age/early Iron Age level, but before long the years will pass and the wheel of progress will transform the world.

But there are hostile nations on all sides, potential allies and foes amongst your fellow players. And worse, in the North a new evil comes. A blighted wasteland of petrified trees and poisoned water, where the dead rise as draugr, revenants and liches to prey on the living. And worse rumors speak of dark shadows and pale shapes, flitting in the darkness. They do not laugh, do not smile, hate the sun, and watch with neverliving persistence.

The world will reach the heights of civilization, or die in the predawn darkness.

It is your choice.

Character Sheet

Nation name: Pretty simple.

Inhabitants: All peoples will be essentially human, barring some exceptions (like giants or pseudo-elves). This section is for describing what sort of people live here. Are they Stone Age tribespeople in a new world, or are they advanced for their time? Do they live in a natural setting, or in cities? Average appearance and suchlike goes here as well. Two to three paragraphs.

Capital: Include defenses, general layout, and some history. Preferably six sentences or more.

Important locations: Cities, monuments, tombs and the like. Three or four sentences each.

Government style: Two or three paragraphs worth of info. Who holds power, and how is it passed on?

Leader: Your official head of state. Three paragraphs of history, personality and other facts. The following stats can be used for other characters as well. Fill in the following stats from 1-20. You should not have all 20s, but otherwise I leave the statting to you. I may make recommendations.

Diplomacy: Diplomacy skill reflects ability to negotiate and please people.

Marital: Martial skill is an indicator of skill at warfare and combat.

Stewardship: Stewardship improves management of your nation and resources.

Intrigue: Intrigue is a measure of skill at manipulation and scheming.

Learning: Learning is a measure of a character's knowledge.

Gift: This is not measured from 1-20. Instead, this determines if the leader is Gifted or not, and how strong/proficient in it the leader is.

Economy: Just one six-sentence paragraph about the major imports/exports, if applicable, and the main money-making factor (like gold, or mercenary behavior).

Religion: The practices of the religion, and the common beliefs. Major temples and shrines should also be listed. Two paragraphs.

Culture: What is daily life like for the upper-class and commoners? Where are the similarities and differences? Any important rituals or customs go here. Two or three paragraphs.

Gift: The Gifted are the most powerful aspect of a nation. The powerful a Gift is, the rarer it will be. All Gifts are related to the Dreaming, an abstract realm that reflects the real world. In this section, you will answer the following.

What is the Gift? Perhaps it is the ability to control animals, or manipulating the population, or banishing an individual’s soul to the Dreaming. It can be basically anything, within reason.

Are there multiple variations, or just one?

How many people have it, and how is it passed on? Is it genetic, or does it pick randomly?

How do civilians see the Gifted? Are they worshipped as gods, or feared as demons?

What are the upper limits of the Gift?

What are the disadvantages of the Gift?

How does your nation think the Gift originated?

Army: What is the army like, if it exists? What are the terms of service? Who runs it?

Units: Your archers, swordsmen and other basic units go here. They typically have basic training, and common weapons.

Elite units: These are the toughest of the tough, well-trained and disciplined. They may include Gifted.

Military strengths: What is advantageous for your military? You can have up to three.

Military weaknesses: What slows down your army? You need to have one weakness per strength, and they must balance out.

History: What happened before the game began? Remember that we are starting in the early age of history, so only two six-sentence paragraphs are needed.

Nation strengths: What advantages do you have overall? Up to three.

Nation weaknesses: What are your disadvantages? You need to have one weakness per strength, and they must balance out.

Hey! I remember I was interested in your Dragonseed RP a while back. I'd definitely be interested in this! I've recently gotten back into Ancient Greece, so I'm thinking of doing something very similar to that, or something very similar to Viking Age Scotland.

Hey! I remember I was interested in your Dragonseed RP a while back. I'd definitely be interested in this! I've recently gotten back into Ancient Greece, so I'm thinking of doing something very similar to that, or something very similar to Viking Age Scotland.
Feel free to PM me a nation sheet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back