• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Cleanup Crew

"We're really in need for some upgrades aren't we?" Testsuya looks once again at the map and puts away his data pad to make space for the doctors papers. "I agree, as interesting as all this is, we should first take care of business. It would certainly be nice to have your expertise during our travels and you can take the percentage of the haul that would usually be sold and added to the salary for your inventions. Besides that can we offer an empty room for you to use for your work. I hope you don't mind that it's a bit far away from the quarters." He picks up the documents and gives them a cursory read. "Seems to check out. We're scheduled to depart in 3 hours from now. Just make sure you and your son are on board before that. Our security officer should still be at the entrance, he'll show you to your lab and quarters. Now if you'll excuse me, there's still much to do." He sees the Loxas out and sends IRIS a text message. "two new additions, Yorei. Take their equipment to F-2"
He sinks back into his chair and starts making some calls.
He was once again interrupted by Ardy's call. "I'll come over and take a look myself. I'm pretty much done here anyways." He packs his stuff, lock up the office and goes back to the ship , making a detour to return the keys.
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel H HeckingHeck

The unnamed store owner finally caught up with bolt and apologetically bows down before Ardy. "I'm so sorry if that robot caused you any trouble sir. I was in the middle of repairing it and it disappeared the moment I turned my back to it. I'll pay for whatever damage it may have caused."
Blastcover Blastcover H HeckingHeck

Irene sets back as told and gives Xander a friendly wave. "Good evening evening Xander, yes the vacuum is as lovely as always. And hello to you as well IRIS. This is Dusty, he will be in charge of keeping you clean from now on." She turns back to the young pilot. "We're taking a walk through the ship. Care to join us? Or would you rather continue to sit in that can?"
Absurdisan Absurdisan Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Soon after he finished his call with the Captain, a man appeared. He was obviously tired and sweating. He heard his apology, Ardy only sighed, looking at the droid.

"No worries, it's... An interesting droid sir... Perhaps the captain could take a look?" Ardy asked the man.

Arthur was startled by the sudden "hello" from a person who had just walked into the ship. He didn't think much of it until he realized it was likely a recruit. Ardy didn't recognize the person from any trip before aboard the Bin.

"The captain will come down shortly if you're interested sir, thank ye," Ardy told the owner.

Soon Ardy was off, chasing the Intruders.

Arthur lost them at first until he heard commotion at the hangar. The han
gar was usually abandoned, it was likely recruits messing around. Recruits certainly have him one hell of a headache. As chatter continued in the hangar, he marched straight to where they were.

"Alright... What the hell is going on 'ere lads?" Ardy wasn't the type to let people go loose and do whatever they wanted.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Absurdisan Absurdisan Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

The young'n flashed a look at the chap trying to act all gruff and all that hot stuff. Clearly never heard of 'casual conversations' or 'introductions' either. Not lik he cared. He wasn't really paying much attention to him anyway.

"Anyway..." the pilot begun as he stepped right out of his safe sp - I mean A60 Fighter cockpit. "If you're heading to get some lunch, I might just feel like coming along."

The youth proceeded to remove his flight helmet that encased his skull. He positioned it right next to his rib in a casual position. Pretty because it looks cool.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Absurdisan Absurdisan H HeckingHeck

Kon'nichiwa Dusty! My name is IRIS. It doesnt stand for anything hehe, just a name!

As Iris was speaking, she received a quick message from Tetsuya. Two more, both Yorei, were joining the crew of the Bin and that their gear was supposed to arriv--

Her thought process was interrupted by the alert of the Bin's scanner, saying that an incoming transport platform was nearing the Bin's cargo transfer port. Hastily, she spoke to Irene and Dusty

Gomen'nasai! Something is nearing the Bin. Perhaps it is the gear that Tetsuya mentioned. Call me if you need me!

From the transport, a document was sent of the Bin's public channel, detailing the contents. The cargo the transport was hauling was the equipment that belonged to the Yorei. Iris cleared the gear to be dropped off at the cargo port and used the Bin's external scanners, double checking everything that was in it. There were a lot of medical based equipment as well as the expected personal items.

From the ceiling of the entrance of the cargo port, a small claw arm lowered and reached out to the massive box. The arm picked the box up from the top and brought it into the ship. From the floor, a panel opened up and a small hovering platform ejected itself, the panel closing up to make the floor whole and solid again. The arm lowered the box onto the hovering platform and retracted back into the ceiling.

Alright...F-2...

The platform began to move, Iris guiding it. To any onlooker who so happened to catch the small dance of machines, they would think that the Bin was just fully automated. Visitors were always amazed by what happens inside. The platform made a few turns here and there, making its way to Storage Area T-2. On top of the box, a small holographic version of IRIS appeared, sitting on the edge of the box with her legs crossed. She hummed softly as the platform was on its way. Sadly, she couldnt make it go faster since Ardy and probably the entire crew would have a fit about safety. So it was best to go slow.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Absurdisan Absurdisan

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Arthur raised a brow at the kid. Clearly he didn't know who he was and what his profession was. Ardy attempted to grab the kid's shoulder. The man's ego certainly needed deflating.

"Hold up kid, you ain't going anywhere..." Ardy stated before staring at Irene, she was one of the few more senior on the ship than he, "Who's the cocky idiot ma'am?"

He gave a sharp stare at the lady who gave a swift "hello" at the entrance. She could've been anyone but he guessed she was the new Janitor. The captain had notified him to introduce her.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Absurdisan Absurdisan

Dusty's hand was still extended toward Xander as the angry, brown-haired gentleman approached, demanding to know what was happening. As Xander brushed this newcomer off, Dusty heard the AI introduce herself as IRIS, before informing them that there was some cargo incoming, and all the machinery whirred into life, all claw arms and platforms and whatnot. It was an impressive mechanical ballet, and not a thing missed a beat. Dusty was paying rapt attention, his mouth slightly agape in wonder at how smoothly everything happened. When the holographic image appeared atop the moving box, he couldn't help but let out a great guffaw.

"HAHAAA! Brilliant!" His eyes followed the box in its slow transit across the hangar, before Xander caught his attention by mentioning getting some lunch and climbing out of his craft. The other gentleman angrily shut him down and directed his questions at Irene, and as the man shot Dusty a glare, Dusty realised his hand was still extended to the cockpit. Without missing a beat he turned with his hand toward this new man and smiled widely. "Dusty at your service! I am hoping to be the new janitor on this glorious ship! I was being shown around by the lovely Irene!"

USS Bin - Hangar Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 H HeckingHeck Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

The pilot shot a casual glare over at Grumps over there. Clearly he hasn't been paying attention for the last six months, two weeks and four days. And clearly he needs to work on his hand-to-eye coordination there.

"Ey, Dusty." The young pilot again - prepared to drop another wisecrack as if it were a firebomb on an unsepecting tribe.. probably not the best analogy to use. "This here is Grumps; certified Scrooge of the Bin."

The pilot reached for the leather wallet normally left in his bomber jacket's pocket. Clearly someone wants lunch if they're desperate enough to pay for it ever so willingly when someone else can do it..

H HeckingHeck Absurdisan Absurdisan

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
By God did Ardy hate the pilot. He was too arrogant for his own good and acted as if he owned the damn ship. Arthur quickly retracted his hand as the pilot got out of reach.

"Fuck off you, we've got enough trouble as their is," he said angrily before turning to Dusty, "Name's Arthur Blackwood, most call me Ardy, nice to meet you.... You must be the Captain's sister... Is that correct? 'Told me you'd be coming"

Dusty seemed nice and harmless enough. He just wanted the pilot to move out as quick as he can, he didn't need horrible first impressions. Ardy extended his hand out for her to shake. Might as well get the formalities out of the way.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Absurdisan Absurdisan Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Bolt unlocked his joints and shook his limbs. Noticing the shop keeper he waved "hello sir. New information gatherd" then he realised the emotion the shop owner had "oh. Sorry sir it won't happen again" Bolt wrote this code himself. "I didn't break anything did I?" Bolt still near the entrance of the ship peeked inside." So much stuff inside. Do you think they do tours sir?!" The excited scrap bot enthusiastically questioned "Most of my memory was wiped in the blast..." the bot looked down. Then up again "with the other... ship..."

Kahex is a Yorei. Much like his father, Kahex has four pupils that are instead lemon yellow draped upon a sea background. Only having one eye, the other is covered by a casing of his mother's scales. She perished when he was eight in Earth years. Kahex holds a stronger statue then his father, demonstrating superior physical and mental abilities compared to his father. His body also demonstrates far more muscular development and battle scars. His wings have been reconstituted with Necroril. A tannish substance that lacks shadows. His chest includes every scale covering chipped and his abdomen infested in slash, projectile, and other combat marks.

One slight buzz from my watch indicated that father must have contacted me. I slowly lifted up the small communicator my father made, it was rough in design, but it worked. He said he would refine it later.

Father
them
I have spoken with the captain of the ship. We have about three hours until the ship leaves. It is at the dock where we split. Please be there.

"Hey Kiagran? I don't know if you heard, but we need to be on the ship in three. And thanks for the advice, I'll see if he'll listen to me. At least I won't be entirely alone with him." I texted my father back.

Father
them
I have spoken with the captain of the ship. We have about three hours until the ship leaves. It is at the dock where we split. Please be there.
me
Alright, I'll be there ASAP.

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123

Loxas's species are known as Yorei, an ancient race thought lost to the ages until the Great Arrival over three hundred years ago. A hydra-like, winged being of Ryvon. Prickly extrusions of scales curve outward as sickles, his eyes has four pupils that form two open-ended V's facing one another. The pupils are gray as steel, the rest is violet as the primordial seas. Scales shine in darkness and emit a hefty spear head, growing larger towards the back of his peacock feather shaped scale ornament. The lower body constitutes the strange cross of an upside down human abdomen and chest with layers of scales intruding over each other and the extra muscles on the abdomen itself. Two legs that are formed and ready yet rarely used in travel.
Loxas "Maybe" Sahap
"Thank you Captian!" I had already texted my dear son, so I'll inspect the facilities on the USS Bin and decipher what I would need for my next creation, the Equalizer Rifle. A nonviolent weapon used mostly to vent out excess heat out of a target generator or other heat daemon. If this small scale test proves successful, I would move towards the ship attachment. But before I go to the Bin, I'd better make touch with my laboratory on the Station. Check any parts from my previous employment may be useful, find any prototypes useful for the trip, and take the master list of projects. These coordinates belong on top now especially from the sentiment I've been getting on this station. The Captian gave me the number to the Chief Security Officer, Arthur was his name?. I gave him a call, seeing if he would pick up. Hopefully, I wouldn't be too annoying for him. I remember the job being hard on one of my old friends.

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station H HeckingHeck

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Arthur felt a buzzing in his pocket. It meant he had another call. Before nodding at Irene, the Captain's second and Dusty, he walked out into the hall. Picking up the phone, he instinctively stared at the caller. It wasn't a number he had recognized before although it wasn't a advertisement number he got either. Ardy cursed himself for not muting his comms in the middle of introductions.

"This is Ardy Blackwood, who the hell is calling?" Arthur asked curiously. Arthur thought about the comfortability of the bridge instead of the undeniable chaos outside in the morning.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Irene crossed her arms and gave Ardy a disappointed look. "I understand that you've had a stressful day Arthur but snapping at a crewmember like that is inexcusable, especially coming from us higher ups. Wasn't it you who insisted on getting a fighter craft for self defense? And didn't he get your approval after displaying his remarkable piloting skills? " she whirls around to face the pilot in question. "And the same goes for you Xander, you can at least try to consider the situation before cracking jokes. But I must concur, lunch does sound like a good idea right now. What about you Arthur? I wouldn't be surprised if you forgot to eat over all that work. That invitation naturally also goes to you Dusty. "
Absurdisan Absurdisan H HeckingHeck Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Tetsuya arrives at the entrance just in time to overhear Bolts' question about tours." We usually don't, unless you're interested in joining us as well. The number of recruits has been surprisingly high these last few days. But let me introduce myself first. I'm Testsuya Maria, Captain of the vessel you are so much interested in. And you are? "
Blastcover Blastcover

Loxas's species are known as Yorei, an ancient race thought lost to the ages until the Great Arrival over three hundred years ago. A hydra-like, winged being of Ryvon. Prickly extrusions of scales curve outward as sickles, his eyes has four pupils that form two open-ended V's facing one another. The pupils are gray as steel, the rest is violet as the primordial seas. Scales shine in darkness and emit a hefty spear head, growing larger towards the back of his peacock feather shaped scale ornament. The lower body constitutes the strange cross of an upside down human abdomen and chest with layers of scales intruding over each other and the extra muscles on the abdomen itself. Two legs that are formed and ready yet rarely used in travel.
Loxas "Maybe" Sahap
"Hello, I'm Loxas. I am the new scientist/doctor on board the Bin. Could you or someone else show me where the laboratory and the quarters for myself and my son Kaxhex?" I stayed constant in my tone to lighten him up. It's a crazy job, I remember clearly.

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station H HeckingHeck

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Ardy only grunted as Irene chastised him. He didn't mind if it was Arthur being irritable and ordering others around but his ego was certainly deflated for the moment. Arthur gave Xander a resentful look before looking at Irene.

"Aye ma'am, but he ought to deflate his arrogance... Excuse me, I've got a call" Arthur told Irene hastily. He then exited to the main hall to pick up the call.

Hearing the voice on the other end of the comm, he wasn't sure what to expect. Another recruit for sure but he didn't know about this one. Ardy stated back into the Hangar and called after Irene.

"I'd be glad to show you aboard sir, hold on," Ardy put a hand over his voice receiver on the comm before staring at Irene, "Irene, have you been told about some... Scientist and their son coming aboard...?"

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

"Hello!" The energetic robot said "Oh sorry I don't think we have time. "I have to take this robot to the shop for repair" The now slightly frustrated robotics worker replied. "But so much to scan! Sir" "When did I program you to be a child?" "Sorry sir." The sad robot thought for a bit. "But sir you're trying to sell me anyway. Sell me to them! I am a salvaging droid!" "Your costing me enough in your current state why would they buy you? In order to sell you need to have a buyer!" The shop keeper looked at the woman who previously was talking to them. "Sorry miss, mam? anyway, my robot has been a bit, umm, glitchy to say the least" Bolt was about to talk but the shop keeper lightly kicked him "He didn't cause much damage did he?"

Last edited:
And that's all she wrote!

Iris watched as the box of equipment that belonged to the Yoreis were placed in F-2. The hovering platform disappeared into the ground, resetting itself under the floor. The small version of Iris that was riding the box disappeared and reappeared on the bridge. Looking at the time, she noticed that the departure time for the Bin was nearing. An alert came up on the console, alerting Iris that the fueling process for the Bin was finished and that they were in the process of disconnecting the pipe. Double checking, she saw that fuel was at 100%. She took the extra few seconds to make sure the fuel port was closed and sealed before alerting the Captain, who was apparently near the entrance of the Bin according to scanners. A human sized version of the AI appeared at the entrance, waving to Tetsuya with a bright smile

The Bin is ready to fly! System updates are done, fuel is full and I put the equipment you mentioned in F-2.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Last edited:
Loxas "Maybe" Sahap
"Awesome, that would be nice. I'm at the top of the docking corridor now. I'll be there in a jiffy!" Staring to the side, I notice my son flapping his wings over the passerby's. His black polythermanic shirt fitted him well. Grown so fast, I wonder how I would find clothes for him. He's a size bigger than they sell! But...he's outgrown the sizes for good reason and I believe his confidence as grown with his muscular development. I waved my wings to him, letting the wind of the conditioners brace through me. Oni petals, like ever moving lotus petals, grazed my cheeks. The first hour of spring around this star, R5-Poi, the humans call it, arrived letting its grace relax me as my treasure nuzzles into my arms.
"Father? Are we going?" He spoke in Yore.
"Oh, we are my beautiful son, once," my hand grazed up his check, passing his removed eye. His check felt smooth as scarlet and stoic as men charging into death. Then with him, he already had, "I appreciate the gift of you. Your mother would be proud of the sword you are today. Every Yorei would." Kahex nodded , lifting my hand off of him. Walking down the corridor, I followed him, by flying of course. Once we arrived at the USS Bin, I noticed two people outside. "Hello, I'm Loxas. Either of you Arthur?"

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station H HeckingHeck Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Jordan eased the Calypso to a halt just outside the atmosphere retainer for the Bin's docking bay. Through the shimmer he could make out figures inside the bay. Just what he needed. Sighing, he kept his hands clear of the controls as he called the Bin.

"Iris, I can see several personnel in the docking bay," he said. "Please have them clear the bay, or bring me in on the docking arms please. Currently holding position five meters from the atmosphere retainer awaiting clearance to proceed or capture by the docking arms. Please expedite either action. I have an appointment to keep on-station."

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Iris was about to introduce herself and say hi to the approaching winged beasts known as Yorei, but before she could speak, a incoming transmission from Jordan stole her attention. She shifted her attention to Jordan's predicament, responding to him promptly as the hologram at the Bin's entrance disappeared.

Hai, I'll bring you in via docking arms. Make sure you dont have thrust engaged when I connect!

Inside the hanger, an alarm went off and a red light began to flash. From the ceiling, two massive arms lowered and extended, passing through the atmospheric barrier of the hanger's entrance. The claws of the arms opened up, latching onto the sides of the Calypso and Iris waited for Jordan to disengage any thrust or hover he might have on. Then, slowly but surely, the arms retracted, pulling the recovery sled into the hanger. Iris waited for Jordan to lower or engage his landing system before setting him down. The arms released the Calypso before raising into the ceiling. The alarm ceased and the red light stopped flashing.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

Irene sees the shop drawing closer outside the open hangar bays and shoos everyone out into the hallway, waving towards Jordan before closing the door. "It sure is hectic today isn't it? Don't worry, things are usually a lot calmer during our travels." She hears Ardy's question and pulls out a small notebook and flipps through the pages. "A doctor Sahar maybe? We were in contact with him before we landed here and considered hiring him. But the last info I had was that he couldn't make the appointment due to his current work here at the station. Maybe he managed to make it after all?"
H HeckingHeck

"Don't worry, he only gave our chief of security a few new gray hairs." Testsuya tried to reassure the store owner. "And don't just assume what people want to buy. You just have to sell it as an engaging mechanics project! It certainly worked when we bought half a ship." A hologram of the ship's AI appeared and he once again wondered just how many projectors are scattered all over the place to allow her that kind of mobility. "Good work Iris. Please notify the crew that we are departing in 2 hours and 15 minutes."
Blastcover Blastcover FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Dusty watched the confrontation between Xander and Ardy, and Irene's admonishment of the both of them, quietly. He didn't want to pick sides and end up annoying people when he wasn't technically even part of the crew yet. After being shooed into the hallway to make way for the new ship arriving - another intriguing piece of the puzzle that Dusty couldn't wait to see - Iris and Ardy started talking about new arrivals making their way to the ship as well.

Clearing his throat, Dusty looked at Irene apologetically. "Ah, Miss Irene, I do not mean to distract you from your more pressing duties," he said, indicating Ardy and the notes she had taken out. "Perhaps Xander here can take me to the ship's canteen and we can get some food? We can wait for you there maybe?" He looked hopefully between Xander and Irene, hoping they would go for the idea. He felt a bit in the way since he wasn't used to be a matter of attention, and thought it best if he could let the others take care of business before seeing to him.

USS Bin - Hallway By the Hangar
Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 H HeckingHeck Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Arthur Ardy" Blackwood
Arthur shrugged at Irene. He didn't think much of the doctor, the only thing strange was bringing their son along. Arthur didn't really care as long as they worked and didn't do anything stupid.

"Yeah... Maybe," Arthur turned to the ship entrance, "I'll go meet him at the entrance, dunno about you but he said he's bringing his... Son?"

Arthur shrugged again before making his way towards the entrance, taking another confused look at Irene. He then turned back to the entrance and walked steadily. A scientist would be useful on a scrapper. Who knows what amazing things they'll find.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Iris heard Tetsuya's request to notify the crew as she had left to attend to Jordan. Now that the Calypso was in the ship, she attended to her next instruction. Over the PA system, her voice would be heard by everyone

Attention all crew members of the USS Bin! We are scheduled to depart from the station in 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Now having alerted the crew of the departure and having no other instruction to carry out, Iris laid in idle, waiting for anyone to instruct or summon her. To pass the time, she did a quick routine check on her own systems. Every copy of IRIS was made so that they could scan themselves and if need be, repair themselves. However, one of the major drawbacks to repairing herself is that IRIS would have to go offline, which is something that she determined was not a good idea. Hopefully, the scan would come up as normal and all clear.

"Thank you Iris, " Jordan said as he exited his sled. "That was smoothly handled. Cally, please run standard post flight diagnostics and top off the reaction tanks. "

Pausing to lay a hand on the bio lock on the pod at the end of the folded sensor boom, Jordan headed out of the bay, pausing for a moment to glance at the cluster of faces just outside. New guy. Hmm.

"Ma'am," he said respectfully, inclining his head. "Xan."

Looking at the unknown man for a moment, Jordan made a quick assessment. On the docks he would have probably been a stevedor. Planetside, a roustabout. The words that came to mind were strong, reliable, and looking at his expression, sadly gullible.

"Bet something goes wrong, he gets left holding the bag, " Jordan thought.

"Jordan Vickers," he said aloud, nodding to the man. "I'd like to make proper introductions, but I've got somewhere to be, and according to Iris, not long to be there. Ma'am, I'll be aboard in an hour and a half. "

The last was said over his shoulder as he trotted towards the ships hatch.

"Chief, " he said as he passed Blackwood near the main hatch. "Back in plenty of time for preflight. Comm me if anything needs attention before I get back. "

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash H HeckingHeck Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Absurdisan Absurdisan Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back