• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Cleanup Crew

Dusty Nerguir
USS Bin - Bridge
Dusty cast Xander a harsh glare as the pilot shoved his trash down a random chute that was definitely NOT the bins that Dusty had used. He opened the chute to look for the plastic remains, but they were long gone, and he sighed as he closed the chute back up. He would have to educate this crew, it seems. "Xander, please use the bins next time," he said, his face stern and his voice low. However, almost as soon as the sentence was over, his face lifted into a smile, and he beckoned the pilot hence.

The Feast of Puddings now over, the pilot nad soon-to-be janitor made their way to the bridge - Dusty was very glad that he had apparently got the job so easily! Appearing on the bridge, he cast his eyes around at the crew that had assembled - a whole assortment of different people, as well as a couple of large, winged aliens and even a robot that really caught his eye. Noticing the captain, Dusty saluted with a smile, "Hello Captain! Dusty, reporting in!" Casting his smile around the room, he continued, "and hello everyone else!"

Interactions & Mentions
Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Blastcover Blastcover Leo Radomir Leo Radomir Tarmagon Tarmagon

Rain gently laughs and says" Well that was a better reaction than i was expecting given the group hopefully and hello to you both as well i'm rain i'll be part of the motley, i got to admit from what i sensed the captain seems a little unease in his own skin but then again i've met many kinds of people and beings so i'm not surprised". Rain looks at the others again and smiles just a little and thinks to himself' well i was on the money when i said this would be an interesting trip and i got to admit having a few friendly is a good thing nothing worst than being around complete stiff and meat heads and such'. ' question now is where are we off to now that we've got most of the crew here'.
Blastcover Blastcover

*Kia entered the ship and made her way to the meeting, she was humming the tetris theme as her fingers moved along her data pad to the beat of the song*

Irene arrived at the bridge and wordlessly took position next to her brother. She doesn't know what their next destination is either but keeps a professional demeanor. She gives Tetsuya a slight nudge when Bolt stepped forwards to a dress the captain.

Tetsuya looked up from the console he was using and is surprised to see Dusty, Rain,Xander, Bolt, and Jordan already present. Did he loos track of time again or were so many people early? And he also can't recall buying a robot, or did he? Well, he can figure that out later.
He stands up and steps in front of everyone. "I welcome you on boards then robot. We have picked up quite a few new members this time and I'll officially introduce you all once everyone is here. Oh, and I'm really sorry for interrupting your date mister Vickers but we're on a deadline and have to leave as soon as possible possible. Actually, IRIS, is everyone already on board and all cargo packed? You can initialize the departure protocol as soon as these conditions are met. I've already prepared the needed documents and gave you our destination. "
Tarmagon Tarmagon Blastcover Blastcover FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Leo Radomir Leo Radomir Absurdisan Absurdisan

One moment.....

IRIS made one last scan of the ship for life forms. She saw that everyone on her crew roster was present on the bridge. She then scanned the cargo holds, acknowledging that all the on board cargo was locked down and they had everything they needed. The conditions Tetsuya had laid out were met.

Everyone is on board and all necessary cargo is on board and secured. I'll begin the departure protocol.

The ship came to life as it could finally stretch its wings and get a move on. The many doors to the Bin closed and sealed shut as the life support system kicked in, supplying the inhabitants of the ship with an artificial atmosphere to sustain their life. The engines began to come to life, warming up. As that ship was running through initial startup, IRIS opened up a communications channel to the central command tower of the trade station. The small hologram of her disappeared from the captain's chair's shoulder rest as she focused on speaking with the control personnel

This is IRIS of the USS Bin. We have begin departure protocol
Acknowledged Bin. Forward all necessary clearance documentation.

It took only a few moments for IRIS to locate the documents Tetsuya had prepped beforehand. She sent copies over to central control, who took only a few minutes to look over

You are clear Bin. Proceed into traffic lane V9-A and make your way to the security checkpoint for scanning. Safe travels
Arigato!

Most trade centers had some form of security, either via massive scanner arrays or physical search parties. They looked for anything out of the ordinary or anything that could pose as a security threat like a bomb. It was rare, but they sometimes also looked for fugitives that were being smuggled or hidden in various ships. Simple stuff that didnt take that long.

The small hologram of IRIS reappeared on the captain's seat as she reported what was going on

We have been cleared for departure and are instructed to move to the security checkpoint before we official depart, Captain

Naturally, she would wait for acknowledgement from the captain to begin moving the ship, but what was so unique of IRIS's programming was she could take matters into her own hands without any confirmation whatsoever. The ship shuddered lightly as the docking clamps on the hull of the Bin released, the ship now hovering from its docking repulsors. From the viewscreens of the bridge, everyone could see the ship moving slowly, turning on its own axis as it pointed itself in the right direction. They could see many different types of ships passing infront of the Bin before IRIS inserted the scrapper ship into the traffic lanes. The Bin was out an about, slowly but surely.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Absurdisan Absurdisan Tarmagon Tarmagon Blastcover Blastcover Leo Radomir Leo Radomir Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123

Bolt was still extremely curious about this race that had yet to be logged in his memory. "what are you!?" Bolt scanned the wings of the humanoid. "Does all of your race have wings? Where is your home world? Who were your last three political leaders? Or are you a communist race? How do you reproduce? how many colors can you perceive? What's the average IQ of your race? My scan detected hidden weapons on you. Is your race always this armed? wait.... are you the last of your kind? Why are you here?" The android tortured the poor man with question after question after question... something must have short circuited because his manners were not operational. This can happen when such a burst of new information is collected through the sensory drives.

Leo Radomir Leo Radomir

Bolt was still extremely curious about this race that had yet to be logged in his memory. "what are you!?" Bolt scanned the wings of the humanoid. "Does all of your race have wings? Where is your home world? Who were your last three political leaders? Or are you a communist race? How do you reproduce? how many colors can you perceive? What's the average IQ of your race? My scan detected hidden weapons on you. Is your race always this armed? wait.... are you the last of your kind? Why are you here?" The android tortured the poor man with question after question after question... something must have short circuited because his manners were not operational. This can happen when such a burst of new information is collected through the sensory drives.

Leo Radomir Leo Radomir

Rain gently laughs at what happened and says" You ask a lot of question for a robot but because i'm in an ok mood i'll humour you with some info, one my race is called the regenta two i can see normal colors but i can also see in the dark. three most people on my home world have an average of a 100 since studying is one of the key factors and four not all of armed like me but i used to be in a line of work that required it now it's just a habit". " At this stage i don't feel like telling you more than that, and in time you'll figure out why i'm here, however right now i want to get this sorted to i can go back to my lab and sort some things out".

Jordan nodded at the Captain with a small frown.

"It would have saved myself and the officer from Traffic Control a bit of wasted time if I had been informed of the urgency of departure when I arrived, rather than being told to 'Enjoy my time off.'" Jordan replied neutrally. Before he could continue his though, a distinct shudder ran through the Bin, followed by the vibration of a ship under drive.

"Well, it's a moot point now," he said after a moments pause, one corner of his mouth quirking up in a lopsided grin as Bolt barraged, hmm who WAS that... WHAT was that? with questions. Shaking his head, he settled back against the wall, tapping a series of commands into his comm unit. Down in the hangar, shielding slid from concealed housings, cloaking some of the more, questionable, aspects of the Calypso's equipment from all but the most detailed of deep scans.

"Where're we headed then Captain?"

Last edited:
A few more minutes pass and the rest of the crew finds its way to the bridge.

“Everyone is here, good. It has been an interesting three days for us. I hope you've enjoyed your stay and let me once again apologize for calling you all back so early. A new job has already reared its head and we have a deadline to meet. A deadline mind you even I wasn't aware of until less than an hour ago. I hope you didn't forget anything because we are in fact already leaving port as we speak.

But first, you might have already noticed the new additions to our crew. Dusty Nerguir will be our janitor, but remember that your personal quarters are still your own responsibility. Viktor Norton is taking over mister Rahab’s old position in engineering. Loxas and Kahex Sahap are forming our new science department, they have suggested a number of improvements for the ship and offered to enact them in return for passage and a share of our findings. And lastly… Robot, who will support the scrapper team from today on.
It is my duty and honor as the captain of this ship to officially welcome you all aboard. “

A holographic globe appears in the center of the bridge, displaying a planet that appears to have its entire surface covered in various pieces of debris. A small space station circles the planet in a safe distance.

“This is our next destination, the planet Karbon, spelled with a K. It was discovered a few years ago and was at first assumed to have been a trash world. Trying to land on it however revealed an once breathable atmosphere, water and continental land masses kilometers beneath the crust of debris.” the hologram gets cut in half, showing how the debris seemingly floats high above the planet's ground. “The archeologists surveying the site have come to the conclusion that the planet was once the home planet of a civilization obsessed with space travel that somehow managed to clog the planet's orbit with enough debris to create the crust we see today.

Five days ago did the researches for the first time try to break through the crust to survey the surface below. This has however caused a catastrophic chain reaction causing the debris to spin outwards.”
The hologram shows how a small explosion shattered the crust and caused debris to fly everywhere.
“The crew acted fast and made sure that the station was safe. The majority of the debris, though, is either headed out of the system or is on course to crash into the planet and its moons. Neither is a desirable event so an emergency contract was set up for every vessel within range. They've pretty much put a small bounty on every bit of metal that gets captured or destroyed before it leaves the planet's sphere of influence or enters its surface.

There are probably already dozens of ships on route and we have to hurry if we want to get a slice of the cake. A cake mind you that can fill our hold a hundred times over. We are luckily rather close, allowing us to compensate for our late departure.”
The hologram vanishes and gets replaced by a timer, displaying the time to arrival as previously calculated by IRIS.

“We will deploy as soon as we arrive. Make the best of your time until then.
Dismissed. “

Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie. Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Tarmagon Tarmagon Blastcover Blastcover Achilles676 Achilles676 H HeckingHeck Absurdisan Absurdisan Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Leo Radomir Leo Radomir

The Bin hummed along its path of travel. For anyone looking out the viewscreens, they would see the security checkpoint approaching from the distance. There, many ships who were either entering the trade station or leaving it were undergoing biometric scans via drones that flew around each ship that was examined.

It was only a few more minutes before it was the Bin's turn to get checked out. IRIS moved the ship into position and the Bin's systems indicated that the ship was being scanned. The procedure itself didnt take long and soon, the scrapper ship was cleared for departure. The Bin moved out of the checkpoint and began to move up towards the atmosphere of the planet. Over the intercomms, IRIS made a quick public announcement

The Bin has been cleared to depart. Beginning accession into deep space.

As the Bin ascended, a small hologram of IRIS appeared on one of the bridge consoles, facing the captain.

Captain, how would you like to proceed in terms of travel? Warp speeds or cursing speeds?

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Last edited:
Dusty Nerguir
USS Bin - Bridge
Dusty smiled and waved again to the group when he was introduced, before going back to intently listening to the captain's brief. Once all was said and done and the captain dismissed the crew, Dusty whistled. "An interesting mission," he said to no one in particular, before turning to look at some of his crewmates. "A scavenger hunt! Haha! I look forward to seeing you all in action!"

He turned to leave, but stopped before taking a step, a puzzled look on his face. With an embarrassed laugh, he turned back to the crew members who hadn't been introduced in the captain's speech and scratched his head with a large hand - hopefully one of the more experienced crew could help him out. "Um... could someone tell me how to get to the crew quarters?" He laughed at his own expense, before a stroke of realisation hit him. "Oh! And also the janitor supplies! I'll be needing those!"

Interactions & Mentions
Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Tarmagon Tarmagon Leo Radomir Leo Radomir Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

"Yes Sir! Sir? Shall I ready Potatoes for a scouting mission??" Copperhead asked contently, waiting for a response from the captain. Then Copperhead asked "Hey Tius can you upload the schematics of the mission to your database??" *Uploading Schematics Now* said Tius in her perpetually sarcastic voice.

Jordan studied the holo-display with interest, especially the resultant chain reaction that came from the, in his mind, ill advised attempt to penetrate the shell of junk.

"They should have used sleds and remotes to pick a small hole in a thin spot," he muttered as the magnitude of the junk cloud settled in. "That's what happens when people rush."

As the captain dismissed the meeting, Jordan came to a decision. There was a way to boost the Calypso's efficiency, but he was going to need an assistant.

"Bolt," he said, approaching the 'bot. "I pilot a modified MV-37 recovery sled. I have a Restricted Intelligence module named Cally aboard to handle the automated functions, but it lacks the processing power to fully utilize the remote system. Do you think you have enough processing power to direct eight drones simultaneously?"

Blastcover Blastcover

"Cruise speed IRIS, we will need the fuel for maneuvers in Karbon's orbit."
Tetsuya sits down into the captains chair as the crew started to head out into the ship. Hearing copperhead's question does he press a few buttons to play back the distress call from the Research station. "To all ships approaching Karbon, open channel 25.8.9. We are forwarding all of our sensor data. Don't enter the area if you do not intend to help. Be careful as you enter the gravity well. I repeat...." The message continues in a loop from there.
"We won't need recon this time. Have Potatoes assist the jets in intercepting stray pieces of debris instead."
Best Trekkie. Best Trekkie.

Irene intently listened to the briefing. She had heard of the planet when it was discovered but didn't bother to follow its development afterwards. She sees Dusty and Kia head off together and quickly sends her a message "He's room 2-15".
"That reminds me." She approaches Bolt. "Bolt was it? I was wondering if you would also like to have your own room in the crew quarters."
Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 Blastcover Blastcover

Bolt was disappointed in the lack of information that was gathered about this new being but the information that was had been sufficient to leave others to later

The android saw the big orb appear in front of him. Bolt was excited and even more so when he heard h "you want me?" Bolt's face plate lit up. He was programmed to love work. "Hmm 8 drones seems like a lot but as long as I don't have to do anything else I should be able. My body, however, will have to be disabled. Can I have some prep time?"

"Yes mam, I am a BOLT-SU or just Bolt. And I do not require a room but just a stock standard android charging port. That was delivered to the cargo bay by my previous owner."

Last edited:
Loxas's species are known as Yorei, an ancient race thought lost to the ages until the Great Arrival over three hundred years ago. A hydra-like, winged being of Ryvon. Prickly extrusions of scales curve outward as sickles, his eyes has four pupils that form two open-ended V's facing one another. The pupils are gray as steel, the rest is violet as the primordial seas. Scales shine in darkness and emit a hefty spear head, growing larger towards the back of his peacock feather shaped scale ornament. The lower body constitutes the strange cross of an upside down human abdomen and chest with layers of scales intruding over each other and the extra muscles on the abdomen itself. Two legs that are formed and ready yet rarely used in travel.
Loxas "Maybe" Sahap
Our assignment seemed simple, an odd planet formed of trash and debris around its outer core. I nudged Kahex who simply shrugged, I sighed. Why is he so stupid? He should have noticed the whole reason of the operation. No, he has to stand their confused. However, this research team seemed hardily prepared. Eh, I could care less. I reopened the hologram, observing the debris pattern. "A cubic line of fit. If we travel on the first derivative, we should be close enough to dig safely. But also close enough to think of collecting enough. I'd expect the other parts to travel in a linear fashion. Meaning they will separate from the debris chain quite quickly. So if the ship can handle the path Captain, I would recommend that." I whisked out my little tablet and pumped some numbers in and retrieved the hologram from the bridge controls. I flapped my wings as I booted up the interface for the tablet, the small cubic AI turned its head as I refined some input and analysis modifiers. My son trickled down to the hologram screen, his head leaned over it and seemingly studied the projection manifestations. The light in his eyes reminded of me of his younger years, when he wasn't covered in scars and matured. He was a lot taller now, but he still looked quite impressive. However, back on topic, before I could garner the Captain's attention, I swiftly started an programming evolution to see how well I could produce a better sub mainframe for dear IRIS.

I tapped in my earphones and leaned up my voice to speak in Yoryian, "Geris, know what your doing?" The square turned to me, "Yeah boss, still got some battery in me. May want to plug me up soon, So is this lady you are talking about?" I rolled my wings, "IRIS and she is a peticular AI. Just behave, she'll notice you once I plug you in. If not already since I turned on your short ranged data provider." "Alright, I'll take some of the older projects and upload a Software Dragon Daemon. I adjust its parameters so it doesn't try to kill her. Not like it stand a chance on a home-bound Sentient AI. That flaw on purpose." I smiled as I browsed the bulk of my files, the magnetic couplets and all of the little goodies I had made over my career. I looked over some past floor
designs and started to make improvements. I hope they would like my ideas. Kahex walked out soon after, he act slightly strange. I didn't think anything of it. I thought I heard something outside the door. Oh well. Once this suggestion is done, I will begin work on my first project. A magnetic and hydro friction device to reconfigure the power core to be more energy efficient.

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

The Bin eventually broke the atmosphere of the small planet that the trade station was located at and soon, the Bin was floating through deep space. After
receiving confirmation from the captain, IRIS increased the output of the engines, bringing the speed of the ship to a cursing level. The Bin accelerated for a few minutes before it slowed its acceleration, beginning to travel at a constant speed without falter.

IRIS turned her attention away from piloting the ship, but continued to monitor the progress of the ship. On the captain's seat armrest, a small timer was projected, displaying the ETA to Karbon. A little over 24 hours, 26 to be exact.

The course is set and we are on our way to Karbon, captain.

Behind the scenes, IRIS opened a channel to the numbers specified in the distress call. 25.8.9.
The Bin began to receive various sensor data such as calculated flight paths of bits of debris, how much debris was left, the compositions of the debris pieces and much more. IRIS monitored the channel, looking for anything of interest.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back