• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Cleanup Crew

Gaaron01234

The shopkeeper
Navigation
OCC | Characters |Lore

THIS IS THE IC AREA OF THIS GAME. TO POST YOUR CHARACTER, CHAT WITH THE OTHER PLAYERS OR READ ABOUT THE LORE, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINKS ABOVE.

Debris Removal.jpg

Yep, That's us up there!
A proud family company in the third Generation and owner of the magnificent Scrap-ship USS Bin.
We travel across the Galaxy on our quest to rid space of the trash others have carelessly discarded.
And you know what? We just so happen to be looking for new crew members!
So if you want to embark with us on a (not very) epic journey across the universe than step right in!

Last edited:
Captain Tetsuya looks out of his office's window that is conveniently positioned right above his ship.
The Bin has been docked to the trade station above the human colony Verga for three days now. It's been the crew's first prolonged shore leave in months after traveling the outer rim of the Federations domain and everyone was in dire need of some time off. The Moria siblings spent these days in preparation for their next venture, restocking on fuel and food, selling some of the cargo gathered during the last mission and bringing the ship's systems up to date.
The station offers plenty of services to its visitors, boasting a fully fledged entertainment wing as well as several shopping revenues. A particular shop Tetsuya wants to check out later today specializes in robotic equipment and apparently just got a fresh batch of equipment today. But He has other matters to attend to first.
He has rented this little office of the station to interview any new recruits that would have hopefully followed the ad he put up.

Irene, on the other hand, was two days away using a shuttle to personally deliver a number of items the crew had recovered and that netted them a fair amount of money as they were of personal value to their owner. The Long distance shuttle just settles down on it's landing pad inside the station and the young woman takes a deep breath, glad to finally be back "home" after 32 hours of travel and negotiations.

-Kiagran Fletcher stretched from relief, having been on such a long trip on the Bin was tiring, but had many opportunities for adventure, she needed a reload on hotsauce and was eager to get her hands on a new game, her blue eyes scanned the shops, looking for her quarry-

(Anyone can interact with her if they choose right now)

Unlike the other crew members of the Bin, who were roaming about in the trade station, IRIS was left to monitor the updates to the Bin's systems as well as making sure that all supplies were restocked to full. Fuel was at 45% and climbing slowly, since the Bin needed a lot for long distance or long time outings. As always, however, she left an open yet secure communication's channel between her and the rest of the crew in case they needed her assistance.

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Arthur had yet again taken the issue of security seriously. Cameras and cargo were all in place and at the ready weapons disabled as standard docking procedure. It was just another day in the scrapping industry. The ship was 8 years old, renovations on the ship greatly improved asthetics although equipment was outdated more or less in terms of security.

Ardy stayed on the bridge as usual. Rarely would he have human company as most would be out raining hell on the bars. The AI was friendly enough though nothing compared to the voice of another human.

"Alright IRIS... Gimme a report on the ship's condition ," Ardy finally said, "We've got a long day ahead of us..."

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Last edited:
H HeckingHeck

A small hologram of Iris appeared as she imitated what humans called 'yawning' as she rubbed her eyes

Nandeshou?

The creators of IRIS were Japanese, during the time when Earth was still around. Days prior to the destruction of Earth, IRIS was complete and sold by her creators to many buyers ranging from corporate businesses to military organizations. Each version of IRIS was unique as their personalities differed depending on the job they inherited. Upon the Earth's destruction, most of the copies of IRIS were destroyed as well. It was a miracle this copy ended up on a ship and not somewhere doomed to die. It was through a free lance trader that she was sold to the early crew of the Bin and ever since, she seemed to enjoy working with them.

When Arthur asked for a diagnostic report, a small panel in front of IRIS appeared as she read off what was listed

Fuel is at 55%, still climbing slowly. Food and other perishables look good....Updates to the system are fine and most of the cargo from the last outing are out of the cargo hold

Nandeshou = "What"

Last edited:
Kahex Jolinusinus Sahap

Kahex is a Yorei. Much like is father, Kahex has four pupils that are instead lemon yellow draped upon a sea background. Only having one eye, the other is covered by a casing of his mother's scales. She perished when he was eight in Earth years. Kahex holds a stronger statue then his father, demonstrating superior physical and mental abilities compared to his father. His body also demonstrates far more muscular development and battle scars. His wings have been reconstituted with Necroril. A tannish substance that lacks shadows. His chest includes every scale covering chipped and his abdomen infested in slash, projectile, and other combat marks.
The Station held an air to it. An air to be a crime almost, maybe that was me. The lights were obscene, how could the humans handle such waste of light? Then again, they had no affinity for the shadow either. What could I do while my father drank his soul away? Well I could find some stuff to do, maybe buy some sort of game to keep me busy for my useless self. My scales hummed of the thought of myself. Who am I? Being a Yorei takes a lot on me, I can see people hush away from me. So I look like some "dragon", doesn't mean I'm good for shit. Inside this "game" store know as José's Box, I recognized one of the crew my father had latched me to. I lowered my head. "Don't fuck this up Kahex." I flapped my wings over to her because I've never walked more than five minutes so... I'll fall on my face for sure. I walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder.

"Hi... I'm Kahex. You're on the Bin too?"

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123

-Kiagran looked up from browsing the games, she held one with what appeared to be some kind of alien in red and orange with a green visor, the words metroid prime trilogy etched on the case, in her other hand another game with a stickman like figure on it jumping into a glowing white hole with the word portal on it- "yeah, I'm Kiagran, been here for six months, and you are?"

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Arthur nodded at IRIS as she gave off the diagnostics. Everything was going smoothly although he hoped for more fuel. For such a short mission, it seemed strange to have half their fuel missing. He'd have to get that checked out soon enough. The rest of the ship seems to be in order however.

"Thank you IRIS, continue with system updates please," over the years, Arthur seemed to enjoy the company of IRIS. Although she was only AI, it was better than nothing. It would get quite lonely being on the bridge... All quiet and such.

Ardy looked at the security cameras. Their was the newbie, here for six months. He chuckled at the thought, the lad hadn't a clue what he had signed up for. He saw the lady talking to another man. Perhaps it was a haggler, he hoped it was not a recruit. Training newbies was a pain in his ass.

"I'll be right back IRIS, you got the bridge," Ardy stayed before making his way to the ship entrance. He didn't need an off-worlder bothering newbies. They were always softies in his opinion.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123 Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Hai!

IRIS watched as Arthur left the bridge and when the door closed, the small hologram disappeared as she resumed her duties. Upon checking the progress of the system updates, she noticed that all was left was the navigation system. Fuel climbed up to 58% during the conversation she had with Arthur. Having nothing else to do, IRIS entered Low Power Mode, consuming just enough energy to allow her to continue monitoring the updates.

Hai = "Yes". Can be used as acknowledgement rather than litterally saying yes. Example --> "Make sure to do your chores" "Hai"

Last edited:
Kahex is a Yorei. Much like is father, Kahex has four pupils that are instead lemon yellow draped upon a sea background. Only having one eye, the other is covered by a casing of his mother's scales. She perished when he was eight in Earth years. Kahex holds a stronger statue then his father, demonstrating superior physical and mental abilities compared to his father. His body also demonstrates far more muscular development and battle scars. His wings have been reconstituted with Necroril. A tannish substance that lacks shadows. His chest includes every scale covering chipped and his abdomen infested in slash, projectile, and other combat marks.
"My name is Kahex. Are you into RPG's?" I adjusted my scales a little before scratching my back. I let my wings drop me to the floor and rest. A sharp pain in my lower abdomen clinches my hands to one of my scars. I tried to smile, but I've honestly forgotten how to.
Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station Midnightchan123 Midnightchan123

"Traffic control, this is the Calypso, ID 3274A operating off of the USS Bin," Jordan said, letting the limited AI of the sled route his voice into the transmitter. "I've snagged that hull fragment that was drifting into approach lane Delta five. Do you want it delivered to the smelters, or just shoved off into a retrograde orbit?"

'Calypso, this is traffic control,"
a female voice said, slightly scratchy with static. "Please deliver to smelter six. The pre-arranged fee for removal has been credited to your account. A bonus of 15% of the value of the recovered materials will be deposited once the material has been assessed. Thanks for getting out there so quickly."

"Not a problem,"
Jordan replied, smiling. That hull fragment looked to be Tandorian, and 15% of its salvage value would be, significant. Heck, even if it turned out to be standard hull metal, it would still be enough to pad his account rather nicely. "Calypso on vector to smelter six. Request clearance for direct return to USS Bin after delivery."

"Vector confirmed,"
the voice said after a moments pause. "Clearance to USS Bin direct confirmed. Use traffic lane P-57. Maintain port speed once you approach to within 5000 km."

"Confirmed traffic control,"
Jordan replied. "I should be out of your hair in about... two hours."

"Acknowledged Calypso,"
traffic control replied. "Swing by the Archimedes Bar and I'll buy you a drink. That damned fragment has been driving us crazy for weeks, but none of the station boys wanted to try and snag it."

"Never turn down a lady, or a drink,"
Jordan replied, glad that the transmissions were voice only. The grin on his face might have been, misconstrued. "Who should I ask for?"

"Miranda,"
the voice replied. "Shift ends in three hours. I don't like to be kept waiting Mr. Vickers."

"Yes ma'am,"
Jordan replied, then switched to the Bin's frequency. Iris should be monitoring.

"Iris, could you please let the captain know I'll be back in two hours? I'll be departing immediately for a, meeting with some station personnel, duration unknown. If he thinks of anything he needs me to pick up, give me a call."

"That went pretty smoothly, didn't it Cally?" Jordan asked, once the transmitter sent his words winging towards the Bin. "The repairs on number two arm seem to be holding up well."

"Affirmative Jordan," the AI replied. "Though there was a slight hesitation in the primary hydraulic pump. I will send the diagnostic to your personal station aboard the Bin once we dock."

"Thanks Cally," Jordan replied, then settled back into the routine of piloting the recovery sled to smelter six. Not a bad way to spend a day, even if he was technically on shore leave. "I wonder how the captain's doing scaring up folks to fill our roster."

Aboard the Bin, IRIS received an incoming transmission. IRIS stirred, leaving Low Power Mode and quickly answered. It was Jordan, the sled pilot.

Daijōbu! I'll let him know immediately.

IRIS switched communication channels, now contacting the Captain, Tetsuya

Kon'nichiwa Captain! I'm just passing a message to you from Jordan. He says that he will be meeting with trade station personnel. He thinks that he will return within 2 hours, but in terms of the actually meeting, he says the duration is unknown.

IRIS waited for a reply, if any, so that she could pass it on to Jordan

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Daijōbu = "Alright"
Kon'nichiwa = "Hello"

Last edited:
01010011 01110000 01100101 01100101 01100011 01101000 00100000 01001101 01101111 01100100 01110101 01101100 01100101 00100000 01100011 01101111 01110010 01110010 01110101 01110000 01110100 01100101 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010000 01101100 01100101 01100001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01010010 01100101 01101001 01101110 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101100 01101100 00101110 00100000 01010011 01101000 01110101 01110100 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100100 01101111 01110111 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010111 01100001 01101001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01100110 01110101 01110010 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110011 01110100 01110010 01110101 01100011 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 00101110

Last edited:
Dusty looked again at the scrawled writing on his hand - he had hurriedly copied it down from an ad he saw offering work on a scrap-ship, and he didn't want to miss the opportunity for some work after his last job had gone somewhat awry. Well, awry may be underselling it - it turned out the crew was smuggling drugs, and they were caught at a sting operation on this station. Luckily, he had been out at the bar at the time, so he managed to avoid yet another stint in prison, but that also meant he had been stranded here for a few weeks. True, there were less pleasant ways to spend the time than drinking, watching burlesque shows and gambling, but his funds were getting decidedly low.

Walking down the bland corridor of the shipyard office block, he finally found the door that matched his hastily-written instructions. His large hand knocked heavily on the door, and he pushed it open, seeing a rather young, but very dapper, man sitting at the desk within. Beaming his largest smile, Dusty spoke in his usual loud, almost-yelling tone. "Hello! I am here about the position of janitor on your ship! The USS..." he paused to look again at his hand, squinting. "...USS Bin? Yes?"

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Last edited:
Blastcover Blastcover
The Old man tilts his head in confusion as the robot sputters out a barrage of ones and zeroes. "What is it now?" The owner of the small robotics shop wondered. He had been tinkering on this blasted machine for almost a week now and something always goes wrong the moment he thinks he's finally made it. He'd happily get rid of the damn thing but he doubts that anyone would buy a broken robot. He flips through the instruction manual and presses a sequence of buttons that should put the robot into "software input" mode.

Tetsuya stands up from his office chair and stretches his sore limbs. He's been interviewing would be scrappers for hours now and is thankful that the crowd has largely dispersed. He looks out into the makeshift waiting room that has become vacant and sighs in relief. Almost all of the recruits today were youths from the planet below who just wanted to get away from home. That kind of mentality obviously has no place in this kind of business and he politely sent them away.
It's one more hour until he has to leave the office so he makes himself comfortable on his chair and checks out the latest news on his datapad. One particular article about an archeological excavation particularly catches his interest and he makes a mental note to look further into it. His reading gets interrupted as his communicator plays a message from IRIS.
"Understood. Please tell mister Vickers to actually relax in his free time once in a while. Actually, since you're already calling, could you plot a course to these coordinates?" He transmits the coordinates he read about in the news. "That may be our next destination and I would like to know how long the trip would be."

Absurdisan Absurdisan
He once again leans back on his chair and returns to his lecture as he gets interrupted by a loud knock on his office door. He resigns and just bookmarks the site for later.
Tetsuya stands up to greet the large man stepping in and beckons him to sit down. "You're at the right address.I'm Tetsuya Moria, captain of the ship you can see just below that window. And yes, we are still looking for a reliable janitor to keeps things clean in there. We are collecting debris and taking apart wreckages so there's almost always a layer of dust and grease everywhere. And to be honest with you, I'd rather not hire one of the janitors from Vis corp. I just can't look past the way they treat their personnel."
"So anyways, did you by chance bring any credentials for the job?"

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Sitting at Tetsuya's request and hefting his hold-all from his shoulder to the floor, Dusty looked out the window at the ship below and whistled in approval. "She is a mighty ship, sir! A great deal better than many I've seen!" He looked back at the captain and fished in his pockets, producing a creased piece of paper. On it, in his simple handwriting, was Dusty's name, age and a list of ship names, their class and his position while he worked there. It was a fairly lengthy list, over twenty ships in total comprising mostly of Class B's and C's, and all marked him as 'custodian', 'janitor' or 'heavy lifting'. Handing the paper to Tetsuya, he said, "My name is Dusty Nerguir sir. I have been around ships and manual labour my whole life!" He beamed with pride at that. "I have cleaned all manner of ships carrying all sorts of cargo, so a little dust and grease won't phase me, hahaha!" He let forth a hearty laugh before continuing. "I am looking for good, honest work, and I will do you proud sir." He tipped his head in a deferential nod and waited to see what the captain thought of him.

Last edited:
Absurdisan Absurdisan

Testsuya smiled proudly in response to Dusty's praise. "And a real bargain at that. Though I've lost count of how many times we had to fix things."
He takes a look at Dusty's list and makes note of the listed ships so Ardy can do a background check later. The security officer is very strict when it comes to the criminal record of crewmates and it has brought conflict between the two many times as the captain has a tendency to turn a blind eye towards the past if his crewmates.
He intently listens to what the man has to say and musters his face. He fails horribly at reading people's intentions but he knows a honest worker when he sees one. "That all sounds good so far. You've absolutely got my vote of confidence. Now I'd like to give you a tour right now but I'm still bound to this place for another half hour . I'll call someone to pick you up and you can decide whether you still want the job after you've taken a look. What do you say?"

Hai! Let me see if the navigation system is up and running

If someone were to walk into the bridge of the USS Bin, the would come to the site of multiple systems rebooting and starting up. The update to the ships systems had finished and now Iris had the task of making sure everything was working on top of plotting the course Tetsuya requested. On the captain's end, it was a few minutes of silence, then Iris spoke up

If we push the engine to full power, we could be at the site in roughly under a day, 20-22 hours. However, that'll eat up fuel and in order to have enough for the return trip, we'll have to drag the journey out to 1 day and a half. I could look ahead to see if there are trade stations near the coordinates you gave me Captain. Also, on a side note, I was wondering if when we first launch back out into space if I can run some stress diagnostics on the ship. I want to make sure all the updates are working correctly

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Hai = "Yes"

Last edited:
Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Dusty smiled wide and laughed again. "Haha! You are a good man, captain Moria! I would love a tour of your ship! I trust you have a fantastic crew." He looked back out the window at the Bin, eager to get on board and see what was what. This was the first bit of good news in a while, so Dusty was practically ecstatic.

Last edited:
Irene in the meantime had taken the time to have a nice meal and take a hot bath in the station's relaxation center. She had just paid for the service as her communicator started ringing. "Are you back already? If so could you do me a favor?" She wasn't sure if she should be glad or annoyed to hear her brothers voice again. "I'll be there in a second. What happened that's so important?" So much for taking the day off.

"Great! I have a potential janitor here that needs a tour of the ship and I would be eternally grateful if you could do that. See you in a second. " Testsuya hangs up the call and directs his attention back to Dusty." Someone will be here shortly and give you a tour. Now could you please wait outside? I've got another call to make. " He gets up and escorts Dusty out before picking up IRIS' call.

" There should be a research station above the planet but I'd still prefer if we took the safe approach. There should still be plenty left even a week later. Can't you rin these tests while still at port? We've still got well over four hours until we need to depart."

I"ll see what I can do Captain! It just, some tests require for the ship to be in flight and moving. But I'll do what I can! Call me if you need anything, Iris out

Before turning her attention to the Bin's systems, she sent a quick message to Jordan, repeating what the Captain had previously said

Captain says to take your time on this one and that you should wind down a bit Jordan. I agree with Tetsuya too, hehe. Dont hurry back! Well, you should in a sense, but you know what I mean

After passing on the message, Iris's full attention was on the Bin's systems. She began to work almost at full power as she launched many tests simultaneously. Many holographic windows appeared before her, showing her real time monitoring and the progress of each test.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

A pilot - suited in a bomber jacket and a full body flight suit - napped ever so preciously within the cockpit to an A60. This small compartment designed for operating such a fine piece of scummy hardware had found itself littered with magazines, water bottles and burrito foil. Truly a slob of a pilot took up residence here.

Whoever this pilot was, a flight helmet found itself upon the throne that was his cranium. Any potential hints to his identity had been removed from the scene. Well.. not every piece, considering the name tag that had been slapped onto his helmet.

"Of course captain! Thank you again!" Dusty picked up his bag and shook the captain's hand before Tetsuya went back into the room to make his calls. Standing out in the corridor, he couldn't help but sigh with relief and gratitude. Looking back down at his hand, he started trying to rub off the scribbles he'd put there - it wouldn't do to keep shaking hands with dirty, inky palms, especially for a janitor. He was excited at the prospect of being on a scrap-ship, something he hadn't had the opportunity to serve on yet, and the chance to meet and befriend the crew filled him with anticipation.

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back