• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Cleanup Crew

"Self-diagnostics couldn't find the exact error but when I activate it..." Sparks flew around for a split second and then stopped Bolt quickly stomped the biggest spark to put it out. "Sorry. Seems like faulty wiring. Also, where is everyone? I haven't seen anyone since I entered" Bolt loaded his map of the ship and located the repair room. "How old is this ship?" The robot was stopping every 30 seconds or so to scan things.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Irene sighed as the breeze created by Loxas' wings brushed through her hair. "Thank you. Your equipment has already been scanned before we took it in and was deemed safe. It's currently down in the cargo bay and you'll have plenty of time to set your lab up once we've departed. We just need to take a look at the things you've brought on your person. Arthur, why don't you go ahead and prepare for the security introduction? I'll go pick up one more recruit on my way and catch up with you afterward."
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel H HeckingHeck

Tetsuya somehow managed to accidentally evade the other group blocking the way not far into the ship. The old corridors are just that labyrinthine and one of the features of the ship who's purpose the current owners never really figured out. He stands at the top of the ramp and tries to locate the woman he was supposed to meet.
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Silverlee Silverlee

Arthur Blackwood
Ardy looked at Loxas and extended his hand out for him to shake. In all this time, he hadn't made an official introduction. It was better to get the formalities out of the way and get to business soon. It would seem their next voyage would be an interesting one for sure, scrappers rarely needed scientists he would imagine.

"Yes ma'am" Ardy through out casualty, "Glad to have your Loxas, I'll be head security minister on the ship, whatever happens here will be my business as much as yours Loxas. Anyways, shall I brief you on security or do you have any second thoughts about the voyage?"

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Iris noticed Tetauya come out to the entrance. She waved to get the captain's attention.

She's over here!

When the captain would come over, Iris would remain for a while in case Tetsuya needed her to do anything for him. With a bright smile, the AI looked to the new girl

This is the captain of the ship, Captain Tetauya Mora

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Silverlee Silverlee

Tetsuya sees IRIS wave not too far away and hurries over. The woman however reacts in shock as she recognizes who the man approaching her is and out of nowhere shouts "ohwouldyoulookatthetimeivegotplacestobebye!" and bolts off into the distance, almost instantly vanishing from sight as she dives into the crowd.
The captain who didn't even get a word out just stands there completely dumbfounded. Several minutes pass before a single word leaves his lips.
"What? "

Dusty Nerguir
USS Bin Corridors
Dusty nodded at Xander's introduction of his craft, although he didn't rightly know the specifics about what an A60 actually was. But judging from the shape and size, it looked like a fighter, which interested him greatly - what would a fighter be needed for on a salvage ship?

Chalking it up to added security - he knew how dangerous the outer reaches of space could be - he continued down the corridor. "It is a fine craft," he said, nodding again. "I look forward to tending to it!" After a short while, the two approached a door marked 'Mess Hall' which slid open at their approach. "Aha! Finally, time for some food, right Xander?" He slapped the pilot on the back and let out a laugh before heading in.

Interactions & Mentions
Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman

Iris watched as the woman suddenly freaked out then randomly turned and left. She was just as confused as Tetsuya for a few minutes, just watching the woman go. And here the AI thought the woman would stick around. It took Iris a little shorter to recover however as she looked over to the captain.

I suppose its best not to question that.

Iris glanced in the corner of her "vision" where the time was displayed. There was only an hour and thirty minutes left before departure. Iris looked back at the Captain.

Captain, I wish to inform you that departure is in one hour and thirty minutes. Perhaps it is best if we get the crew assembled and inform where we are going and why.

The hologram of Iris disappeared as she laid dormant for her next instruction

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234

The pilot could already tell he was going to get on well with this chap. Their common interests in the delicacy of processed protein cubes could pave way to a road of friendship.

Xan held up for a bit. He reached for the pockets of his classy bomber jacket - soon to whip out a couple of primitive coins of ol' Earth. "They installed this vending machine. Some old shit. Only accepts coins. But it's got these puddings stored inside."

The No. 1 pilot directed their way to the vendor of puds.

Absurdisan Absurdisan

Tetsuya nods at IRIS' comment. "I guess it's time. Notify everyone to be at the bridge in 30 minutes. I'll have everything prepared until then. Unless something else comes up of course." He walks back into the ship and makes his way towards the bridge, walking by the med bay in the process.
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Leo Radomir Leo Radomir

Tetsuya nods at IRIS' comment. "I guess it's time. Notify everyone to be at the bridge in 30 minutes. I'll have everything prepared until then. Unless something else comes up of course." He walks back into the ship and makes his way towards the bridge, walking by the med bay in the process.
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Leo Radomir Leo Radomir
Rains ears perk up he gets up from his chair after finishing the notes for things he needs to make for the med bay and then he steps out side the medical bay and says" it seems we have a pretty lively bunch, in some ways this makes things interesting but in others a pain but enough of that how are you feeling as of late"

Hai, captain! I'll send out the alert right away

Throughout the ship, the Bin's PA system came to life as the AI's voice was heard

Chūi! Captain Tetsuya has asked that all crew members be present in thirty minutes for a briefing of our next expedition on the bridge! Dont stray to far!

After making the announcement, Iris made a quick scan of the ship itself, scanning for all the life forms on board. When the scan was complete, she began to ID them as well as add the new recruits into the crew roster itself. She was never told to do this, but for her personal means, Iris had associated every crew member their own unique ID, just so that she could access records quicker.

As she went through the roster, she noticed one person missing. Jordan. Iris was aware that he had went out to meet with someone. Looks like she would have to do the dirty work and get his ass back to the Bin. She opened up a private channel with the sled pilot, taking a breath before speaking

Kon'nichiwa Jordan! I regret to inform you that all personnel of the Bin are required to be on the bridge in 30 minutes for a briefing regarding our next expedition. After, we have only one more hour to make final preparations and depart as our departure time is nearing.

Her attention was quickly stolen back by the newly bought robot. Right, his laser cutter was broken....oh wait, he's asking a question. Iris made a note to run a clean up on her systems. She was getting slow from the amount of tasks on her plate.

Fairly old. Years, I believe. Everyone will be here shortly. I suggest making your way to the bridge. After the briefing, you can bring up your broken cutter.

Tarmagon Tarmagon Leo Radomir Leo Radomir Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Blastcover Blastcover Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman H HeckingHeck Absurdisan Absurdisan

Dusty Nerguir
Mess Hall
Plucking one of the coins from the pilot's hand, Dusty winked conspiratorially. "Well, then I insist we must try some of these puddings!" He headed over to the vending machine - as Xander had said, it was pretty standard fair - and poked the coin into the corresponding slot. He eyed the selection before punching in his choice, a simple-yet-delicious looking chocolate. He watched as the vending machine did it's work, following as the dessert made its way to the hatch at the bottom.

With a clunk the hatch opened, and Dusty snatched up the treat eagerly. As he was tearing off the lid, Iris' announcement came over the comms. Looking up in no particular direction, he loudly said, "Thank you Iris! We will be right there!" He had no idea if Iris could hear him, or even if the comms worked that way, but it was polite to let people know what was going on.

Turning to look at Xander, he ripped the lid free from the pot. "It seems we have a time limit. Bottoms up!" he exclaimed, before lifting the pot directly to his mouth and upending it. He squeezed the plastic container with his large hand, forcing all of the pudding into his waiting maw in one go. Swallowing loudly and wiping his mouth, Dusty spied a trash bin nearby, into which he threw the remaining pot and lid.

Looking back to Xander, he smiled. "Come, come! Eat up, we do not want to be late!"

Interactions & Mentions
Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Such words could not be argued against. A true critic of fine pudding could not pass such an opportunity. Though it would have been better not to have rushed such exceptional cuisine, but rather enjoy it. "Damn the luck. It appears we must rush this fine pud."

Mister Xan got to shoving the chocolate-flavoured goodness down his throat. That divine choco sauce could not be resisted. And then - suddenly in his mind - this all seemed like some deliberate innuendo.

Master Pilot and full time handsome bloke Xan dunked the remains down the shaft of a random chute. Presumably, this would all end up on space. Let's just hope nobody ever got stuck down there.

"Let's get on with the show!"

Absurdisan Absurdisan

Loxas's species are known as Yorei, an ancient race thought lost to the ages until the Great Arrival over three hundred years ago. A hydra-like, winged being of Ryvon. Prickly extrusions of scales curve outward as sickles, his eyes has four pupils that form two open-ended V's facing one another. The pupils are gray as steel, the rest is violet as the primordial seas. Scales shine in darkness and emit a hefty spear head, growing larger towards the back of his peacock feather shaped scale ornament. The lower body constitutes the strange cross of an upside down human abdomen and chest with layers of scales intruding over each other and the extra muscles on the abdomen itself. Two legs that are formed and ready yet rarely used in travel.
Loxas "Maybe" Sahap
"Oh, that will be fine. Thank you." I shake Arthur's hand. "Continue sir."

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 H HeckingHeck

Jordan looked up from his drink as the bartender cleared his throat. He had arrived at the Archimedes a few minutes ago, and his polite inquiry after Miranda had met with a grin and the promise to let him know when she arrived. Now the bartender was inclining his head towards the entrance to the bar, his eyes twinkling. Jordan looked, then exercised all of his formidable self-control to keep from staring. A tall, willowy red-head stood in the door, examining the room with bright green eyes. Jordan had expected a uniform, not a form fitting sheath that emphasized every swell and curve of a rather spectacular body. The intense gaze swept over the bar, catching the bartender in mid nod, and Jordan's interested expression and full lips curved into a mischievous grin. Striding over, the woman held out her hand, still wearing the grin.

"Jordan?" she asked, and without the medium of the radio, her voice was rich and vibrant.

"Miranda?" he asked in return, taking the proffered hand and bowing to brush his lips across the back rather than shake it.

Miranda chuckled at the archaic gesture, but didn't pull her hand away. Instead she smiled and executed a curtsey worthy of a professional reenactor.

"A pleasure to meet you Sirrah."

"The pleasure is mine m'Lady."

They stared at each other a moment, their faces working with the effort to keep from laughing, but finally it was too much. Jordan started to chuckle, and Miranda joined in a moment later. It was several moments before they got control of themselves, but when their mirth had subsided Jordan gestured to the bar with a smile.

"I know you invited me," he said, "But I'll get the first round if you don't mind."

"Not at all," Miranda replied, her eyes twinkling. "I got the report on that salvage you dropped off, so I know you can afford it. Thanks Karl."

The last was directed at the bartender, who had just set a glass of something amber in front of Miranda, even as he replaced the drink Jordan had been nursing before Miranda's appearance.

"So," he began as they took their seats, but before Jordan could say anything else, his comm unit pinged a recall notification. Iris' voice emerged from the unit, the speaker triggered by the recall notice.

"Kon'nichiwa Jordan! I regret to inform you that all personnel of the Bin are required to be on the bridge in 30 minutes for a briefing regarding our next expedition. After, we have only one more hour to make final preparations and depart as our departure time is nearing."

Jordan stared at his comm unit, his mouth working soundlessly while Miranda tried, unsuccessfully, to stifle a giggle. Leaning over, she tapped a comm code into his comm unit, then smiled wistfully.

"Call me when you get back," she said, a rueful grin on her face. "And make sure you sign out for an extended leave before you do."

Jordan carefully saved the code, then bowed once more over Miranda's hand.

"Until we meet once more m'Lady." he said, giving her a jaunty salute, then heading out of the bar.

Once outside the bar, Jordan's demeanor changed. His face fell, and his easy step morphed into something that would be more at home on a military parade ground. Opening a channel to the Bin, he spoke in clipped tones.

"Acknowledged Bin," he said coldly, then slapped at his comm, but in his anger he missed the disconnect button.

"Graznick brained chofaki. What kind of grapping... Ugh. The cap knew I wasn't planning to be back for an hour and a half. Scrofulous loving tube wash..."

Jordan maintained his flow of invective until his steps brought him within sight of the Bin, never noticing the 'transmit' light glowing on his comm.

Iris remained dormant for a moment, processing what Jordan had said after he acknowledged the recall. He seemed angry, but Iris didn't understand fairly well. She knew he was out doing who knows what. Perhaps whatever he was doing was really important. Oh well, nothing she could do there.

Tarmagon Tarmagon

She did Jordan the favor of ending the transmission from her end, then looked at the time. Nearing 10 ish minutes till the breifing. Iris decided to make one final check of the ship, beginning to scan all systems and inspected the cargo hold to make sure everything was locked in place

Arthur "Ardy" Blackwood
Arthur stared at Loxas and the kid. It was the first he would see a scientist on a scrapper ship. Sure their were interesting things to be found in scrapper fields however an educated man wasn't an often sight on a poor labor ship such as that of the Bin. He heard Iris' message.

"Alright, I guess we gotta go to the bridge. I'll be sending you some supplies to get you to feel at home here but know that whatever dangerous thing you do, you gotta tell me, the Captain Irene," Ardy stared at Loxas as if scanning for any hesitation until he decided he wasn't a threat,"Alright, well, welcome aboard the Bin, I'll show you to the Bridge. The captain hates those who are late"

Ardy smirked. Their next grand adventure was on the rise. Arthur made his way to the bridge, waving for Loxas and the kid to follow.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

"Ooh, time to meet some people yay!" Bolt clapped his hands quickly 3 times. again loaded the map and headed towards the bridge. "I don't think running late will really make the captain happy." Bolt stopped scanning as much as he was but still occasionally scanned the odd arch or room. Bolt made his way to the entrance of the bridge but waited outside as it was not time just yet. He waited until he saw more people coming but until then he saved power by dimming his faceplate a little. the android hated waiting but he had nothing else to do.

Irene sighed as she heard IRIS' PA. "Why must our departure always be wrapped in haste and chaos?" But it's not like she would have wanted it any other way. There will be more than enough time to relax once they are back in deep space.
"Well doctor, this is your last chance to get of this ship. I hope you consider your choice well because there's no turning back from it. Now if you excuse me, I've got other places to be. Arthur, would you be so nice as to show the doctor to the bridge if he decided to stay?"
Nof waiting for an answer does she walk over to the mess and stick her head through the door. "Just so you know Dusty, attending that briefing will equal you accepting the job. Just walk out if you've changed your mind."
Zaltusinel Zaltusinel H HeckingHeck Absurdisan Absurdisan

The next 30 minutes for Tetsuya where fairly uneventful as he prepared for the briefing. He greeted the robot as it placed itself in a corner, not even registering the fact that said robot was a new addition to the crew as he had gotten himself lost in his work.
Blastcover Blastcover

Loxas's species are known as Yorei, an ancient race thought lost to the ages until the Great Arrival over three hundred years ago. A hydra-like, winged being of Ryvon. Prickly extrusions of scales curve outward as sickles, his eyes has four pupils that form two open-ended V's facing one another. The pupils are gray as steel, the rest is violet as the primordial seas. Scales shine in darkness and emit a hefty spear head, growing larger towards the back of his peacock feather shaped scale ornament. The lower body constitutes the strange cross of an upside down human abdomen and chest with layers of scales intruding over each other and the extra muscles on the abdomen itself. Two legs that are formed and ready yet rarely used in travel.
Loxas "Maybe" Sahap
I prodded my dear son to walk in front of me as we headed to the bridge with Arthur. I didn't know what to think of the crew yet, but I had some conceptions. Kahex seemed more comfortable with them other than Arthur. I could understand that. He must be on something to call him a kid, but I'll not jeopardize my mission here. I have some need of things. And I need to find someone, the likelihood of this expedition finding them is rare. However. the parts come easy.

Lorem Ipsum Location: The Station Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 H HeckingHeck

Exactly twenty nine minutes after receiving Iris' summons Jordan stepped onto the bridge of the Bin. As he had entered the ship he had noticed his error with his communicator, but since Iris wasn't saying anything about it, neither was he. He had paused long enough to change into a fresh flight suit, verify that Cally had finished getting the Calypso refueled and checked out, then stalked to the bridge. His eyes flicked from person to person as he stepped trough the hatch, taking in the faces, both new and familiar. Moving to an unoccupied section of the bulkhead, he assumed a position that wasn't quite military 'at rest'.

"Recovery sled pilot Vickers," he said in clipped tones. "Reporting in early, as ordered. "

It wasn't long before rain got to the bridge and leans up against the wall not really that interested in the others at the moment, just waiting to get this sorted he pops a home made candy in his mouth and starts to suck on it taste of honey and lemon, in his mind' why would i stick around on this drab planet and it seems uneasy around people but then again over my travels i've met all kinds of
folk so he's not the strangest or the hardest to deal with, my main concern is how well will i work with others given the many different kinds of personality's here on the ship.

Iris was busy behind the scenes, running final checks on the ship and making sure everyone was accounted for. She noted that Jordan had entered and like the man he was, he was a bit early on the bridge. The medical doctor made it onto the bridge next and Iris could see the rest of the crew making their way as well.

So far, her final checks were coming back positive. Fuel was set, all systems had their updates, cargo was locked down and secure, the crew roster was updated, and a few more small necessities were good to go.

A small holographic image of the AI appeared on the shoulder rest of the Captain's chair, greeting the current occupants with a friendly wave .

Kon'nichiwa!

Bolt shook his head in surprise. he didn't expect to see the captain just yet. "Oh hello, Captain! I am your new robot reporting for duty" Bolt stood tall, then rested again. The android looked around and saw a winged man and was shocked. He walked up to him and scanned him. the horizontal beam of light extended from Bolt's face plate and waved up and down the body of the creature and then disappear. Bolt then tilted his head and waved

Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Leo Radomir Leo Radomir

Dusty Nerguir
USS Bin - Bridge
Dusty cast Xander a harsh glare as the pilot shoved his trash down a random chute that was definitely NOT the bins that Dusty had used. He opened the chute to look for the plastic remains, but they were long gone, and he sighed as he closed the chute back up. He would have to educate this crew, it seems. "Xander, please use the bins next time," he said, his face stern and his voice low. However, almost as soon as the sentence was over, his face lifted into a smile, and he beckoned the pilot hence.

The Feast of Puddings now over, the pilot nad soon-to-be janitor made their way to the bridge - Dusty was very glad that he had apparently got the job so easily! Appearing on the bridge, he cast his eyes around at the crew that had assembled - a whole assortment of different people, as well as a couple of large, winged aliens and even a robot that really caught his eye. Noticing the captain, Dusty saluted with a smile, "Hello Captain! Dusty, reporting in!" Casting his smile around the room, he continued, "and hello everyone else!"

Interactions & Mentions
Gaaron01234 Gaaron01234 Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Blastcover Blastcover Leo Radomir Leo Radomir Tarmagon Tarmagon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back