• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Ballroom
~ Covent Garden, London ~

Spencer King

1708825086204.pngSpencer rolled his eyes when Klaus pointed out any information Trevor might have shouldn't be discussed in a public place. "Course not," he agreed. Still, he looked expectantly at Wesley as the man explained that they were doing their best to get information from his father. Hearing it had been quiet over the last few weeks was concerning. He'd at least hoped Trevor had some information on any potential attacks the Carters might be sending their way. Not knowing anything felt worse than if he'd been told Ezekiel had an attack set up.

Hearing Klaus speak of Trevor being reliable with his updates was still alien to hear. No matter how much of the past he'd buried away, no matter how much he was willing to forgive Trevor for, it was still hard to imagine him actually being useful and committed to a cause. Especially one that didn't benefit Trevor himself and his past addictions. "Well. As long as he's still sober, then I'll take your word for it that he's doing his bit and fighting the good fight," he remarked.

Spencer was then asked for his thoughts on what the Carters might be planning. It was somewhat amusing to hear his criminal past now being something of a useful asset to Interpol. The very thing that had forced him away from his life for 12 years was now what Interpol was relying on to help them. Casually sitting back in his seat, he thought for a moment. "Their silence is definitely something we should be concerned about. After speaking with Ezekiel, it's clear he's not going to sit back and let me get comfortable in London again. He's been used to having no real challengers and if I was him, I'd want to shut my lot down before we have chance to be a threat." He stopped to look around the club again, taking another careful observation of those around them and checking for anything of concern.

Content things were still running smoothly, he looked back at Klaus and Wesley. "The wars I've been involved in were ones on the streets. Messy, destructive, and violent. I have no doubts Ezekiel is willing to operate in those ways as well. But... He's corporate and operates in other ways too. He would resemble more of a Moretti than a King or a Porter. That means he's not only stubbornly patient and willing to play the waiting game, but that his attacks might not just be violent ones. They'll be psychological and political. Perhaps even reputational, which would put King Remedial at risk... I have no doubts he's planning something, but we need to find out what."

Bellz Bellz (Klaus, Wesley)

The Ballroom

Logan Thomson

1708389345475-png.1145261
Logan nodded along as Jeanie defended her reasons for wanting to stab the the pervert back at the trip club the night he met her. "I agree, guys like him deserve punishing, but you shouldn't get dragged down with them," he reasoned.

Logan wasn't oblivious to the fact Jeanie didn't really answer his question about why she was at the fashion show. He smiled along when she teased about being there to inject some chaos. She then went on to say she had some business to take care of, which still didn't answer his question. She moved in closer and playfully commented that it wouldn't be fair on the other models if she was taking part in the sexy biker chick parade. "No, I guess it wouldn't be fair," he suggestively told her. Her mentioning how he'd already seen what was underneath her clothes brought a flirtatious smile to his lips. "You've got that right... But maybe I'll pretend to be interested in the other women so they don't feel bad, but really my eyes would be all on you..."

The conversation soon turned back serious, with Jeanie asking about the family he worked for. She specifically asked if they were the Cockney ones hosting the fashion show. "Hmmm... Yeah. Do you know them?" he curiously asked. "You're not distracting me. We're all entitled to a break," Logan told her when she mentioned his hero duties. "Besides, which, I'll just say you looked suspicious so I had to make sure you weren't a security risk," he teased.

Coincidentally, Syd called out to Logan as if on cue, asking if he was meant to be on duty. "Maybe I ought to tell him you were up to not good," Logan joked, oblivious to the fact she not only knew Syd but was his daughter. "This is part of my post, Syd. Scouring the perimeter and all that," he called back. However, he was stunned to hear Syd address the young woman as Jeanie. He was about to correct him and tell her this was Jolene, but something about the way the two of them looked at each other suggested they both knew each other well enough. Which meant she'd lied about her name, to at least one of them.

Logan could see the confusion on Syd's face, which admittedly made him start to feel confused himself. That was until Syd focused on him and asked how he knew his daughter. Logan knew for sure it was him had had been lied to and given a fake name. Despite that, he didn't feel compelled to drop Jeanie into anything. "Jeanie's your daughter?" he asked, smiling at Syd. "What are the chance of that?" He looked to Jeanie for a moment before turning back to Syd. "We met a few weeks ago, in a bar," he said, not wanting to go into detail about it being a strip club. He wasn't about to drop Jeanie in it if Syd didn't know what kind of place she was working in. "The lads showing me around the city ditched me for some girls, so Jeanie here took pity on me and we got to talking. Mostly about motor bikes," he explained. "I didn't know she'd be attending tonight, but I'm sure we can add her to the guest list given she's your daughter?" he suggested. Turning back to Jeanie, he shrugged his shoulders. "Who cares about the dress code, huh?"

Logan hoped his faith would pay off and Jeanie would return the favour by not telling Syd just how much they'd gotten to know each other. Whilst he wasn't scared of Syd, he understood the man wouldn't want to know he'd slept with his daughter the night they'd first met. In turn, he certainly didn't want Spencer on his back for it. Granted, how the hell was he meant to know she was Syd's daughter? She'd lied about her name, for starters.

Bellz Bellz (Jeanie/Jolene) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

The Ballroom

Jeanie Porter

2f8d5e4f73c0276fea07ba4f8a7910f0.jpg
"A true gentleman." Jeanie remarked, responding to Logan's playful comment about where his eyes would truly be focused. When he brought up the family he worked for, prompted by her, she shook her head in response to his question about her familiarity with them. "Can't say that I do. Though a lot of people fit the description given where we're located." She smirked. As the conversation shifted to the idea of him being distracted, her smirk transformed into a smile upon hearing his reassurance that she wasn't a distraction, but rather he could simply claim she seemed suspicious and he needed to investigate. "I seem to always be the suspicious one," Jeanie pouted, "Whatever keeps you out of trouble."

Jeanie hadn't experienced this level of comfort with someone in ages, and the sensation itself was foreign to her. Surprisingly, rather than making her uneasy as unfamiliarity often does, it intrigued her. Jeanie found herself wanting to delve deeper into understanding Logan, to uncover more layers of his personality, and, perhaps surprisingly, to spend more time in his company. This departure from her usual behavior might be attributed to the recent weeks spent in a haze of drugs and alcohol, only now emerging into sobriety for this occasion. Nevertheless, the idea of seeing him for something a little more than just another night in bed didn't freak her out.

At least, that idea didn't freak her out nearly as much as her father's voice calling Logan's name from a distance, surprising her enough that she physically flinched. Logan (who had no clue that they were related yet) joked about telling her dad that she was up to no good and she watched him with wide eyes. He defended his post, claiming that he was scouring the perimeter. Her eyes widened further, swiftly shifting to her father as he approached without hesitation. She shook her head subtly, silently pleading with Syd not to reveal anything. Yet, it was an unspoken plea that couldn't be adequately conveyed without words. Her father's voice saying her name felt distant, submerged, as she glanced between him and Logan, her thoughts racing. Panic surged through Jeanie, gripping her tightly as she struggled to draw a breath. When her father greeted her, Jeanie withheld any response, simmering with silent fury. Did he even know that she'd been keeping her name a secret? Or care? She had thought she made her stance clear during their last conversation! Though her eyes stung with unshed tears of anger, she clenched her jaw, refusing to let them fall. His expression betrayed his understanding—or lack thereof. Following their tense discussion in her apartment, she had expressed her desire to distance herself from him and the family's affairs, yet here she was...

Jeanie's gaze darted past both men, toward the venue where she imagined Jane might already be searching for her. Entering now seemed out of the question. Her focus snapped back as her father interrogated Logan, probing into his connection with her. A bitter laugh escaped her lips, a stark contrast to the genuine mirth she had shown moments before. "Are you a private investigator now?" she scoffed. "You haven't been in London long enough to start interrogatin' people I know." She snapped, dropping the carefully placed American accent to reveal her Irish one. The cover was blown now, might as well lean into it.

Logan's answer to her father was a lot less aggressive as he looked between them. Her real name falling from his lips felt..strange, but it didn't feel as awful as she thought it might have. It still didn't give her dad the right to just name-drop like that. What are the chances of that? Logan asked. It was rare that Jeanie felt guilty about anything. The only time she ever had was when it involved Jane and here she was, placing herself in hot water to see her twin sister. But there was a feeling of burning pitted guilt over that question as Logan continued to smile. Sure they only slept together once and owed each other absolutely nothing but...she lied about her name, it could only be assumed by him that their entire night together had been fabricated to some degree. Which details of her life had been. Except for the lingering emotions about him, however perplexing they may be.

Jeanie's wide, cerulean gaze locked onto Logan's, wondering if he would betray her by divulging the true circumstances of their meeting. There were countless things her father remained oblivious to, and a plethora of secrets she was determined to safeguard. Her entire existence had been shrouded in privacy, distinct from the Porter name. To her surprise, Logan recounted to Syd a fabricated version of their encounter, claiming they had met at a bar a few weeks prior, where she had taken pity on him after he was abandoned by his friends in pursuit of other women. They had engaged in conversation about motorbikes, though Jeanie knew it had been much more than that. Nevertheless, they were going to spare her father any of those dirty details, aware he'd probably have a massive fit. "You're bein' too polite to him, Logan. It's not any of his business." She interjected sharply, shooting a disdainful glare at Syd, her frustration with him evident. At this moment, Jeanie didn't know how to explain why she'd lied to Logan about her name...but she didn't want to do it in front of her father. She just hoped Logan would understand for now.

When suggested that she could be added to the guest list, regardless of the dress code, Jeanie looked to Logan, her gaze softening a bit. It was exactly what she wanted to happen so she could get inside to see Jane. "There's always been a strict dress code for my parties, isn't that right old man?" She said, looking from Logan to her father. "Not sure the guests in there could hack it." Secretly she wanted to be let inside, but she wasn't going to openly admit to wanting to walk inside so easily. "I'm not sure either of you would want me disruptin' the peace."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Logan Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Ballroom

Michael Zegarra

1708781646886.pngHaving become so involved with his church in Manzanillo, Michael had done plenty of charity functions over the years. However, they were never of this scale. The Porters and Kings were much too high class for church fêtes; they were all glitz and glamour, tuxedos and ballgowns and fancy cocktails. It still felt quite surreal to Michael, being back in that world. He didn’t really feel like he belonged. Though it was wonderful to get the unexpected chance to know Liam again, he was about the only reason why Michael wasn’t miserable. His life in Manzanillo had been basically perfect - he had had his church community, his creative job, all his close family living nearby, the beautiful weather, and, of course, his romance with Collin. Aside from their having to keep it a secret, and the initial break-up that had broken Michael’s heart, he had felt that their renewed relationship would have made life in Manzanillo nothing short of a dream come true.

Now, life seemed strange. Uncertain. His closeness with God kept him going, gave him the strength to put one foot in front of the other and have faith in His plan…but deep down, he was struggling with all the sudden change. Even after weeks of being in the UK, he still felt homesick for Cuba. And for some reason, though he would hardly admit it even to himself, he was getting the niggling sense that there was some chemistry forming between Lucas and Collin.

Still, Michael did his best not to make assumptions or judgements about people. After all, he knew the easiest way to move forward was to get along with everyone as best he could. So, he sat together with J.J. and Lucas in hopes that spending more time together would help them form a friendship. Though he couldn’t admit it to the others, he was especially looking forward to seeing Collin walk the runway. His boyfriend had been so excited about it, which Michael found adorable, and he knew he was going to shine up on the stage. Added to the fact that he was doing it for charity, and it just made Michael adore him more.

At some point in the evening, Lucas expressed his regret that Liam wasn’t there with them, and asked Michael if he was speaking to him much. “I have been, a bit, yeah,” he answered with a smile. “He told me he might have gotten a chance to do some design work for a lady…I can’t remember her name. Anyway, so, he’s gone to meet with her, which is why he’s not here. I’m sure he would’ve come with us if he could!”

The models were coming out in their extravagant, eye-catching outfits, and Michael watched closely to make sure he didn’t miss anyone he knew. Most of them were strangers, but it was entertaining all the same. As if reading his mind, Lucas verbalised his next thought: when was Collin going to appear? “Soon, I hope,” Michael answered, letting himself smile. It was hard to control sometimes, but Michael found that the best way to avoid arousing suspicion over his and Collin’s relationship was to act as friendly towards him as possible. So, rather than overcompensate by pretending to not care about him at all, he just had to pretend to be Collin’s close friend - which was believable enough, given that they had just spent 12 years in each others’ company. “I wonder what he’ll come out wearing!”

The arrival of a particular model made Michael’s jaw drop open. “Is that Savannah?” he asked, though he could see it was. “Wow…” His eyes followed her, entranced by her beauty, her air, her presence. “She's amazing. I wouldn't wanna go on after her!”

He watched for a little while longer before turning to J.J. and Lucas. “You two didn't want to do this, then?” he asked, a hint of mischief in his smile. “I’m sure you both would've been great!”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz J.J.
Misty Gray Misty Gray Lucas

Earlier in the Evening...
Greenwich Park Playground
~ Greenwich Park, London ~
Rachel Fitz
Ft. Laura Fitz

cd1785470809dec87fb46df08a1b665f.jpg
The park was well-lit, probably the most well-lit park in London. But Rachel just couldn’t shake the feeling of needing to be over-alert. She was a woman alone with her daughter at a part, so of course, being alert came with the territory but she couldn’t seem to relax and it wasn’t like her. There were other parents around, as the evening was still young, so she wasn’t completely alone and Laura was already playing with another little girl near the slide…but Rachel was tense. Forcing in a deep breath through her nose, she exhaled and with it, forced her shoulders to relax.

Her mind tended to wander when she was alone. Normally these trips she had at least Dawson to keep her mind in check, with all of his chatter. As overwhelming as it could get at times, it was welcomed and she found herself missing his company but Rachel hoped the man was having fun on his date. It was the first time she’d ever seen him make an effort to go out with a woman, she sincerely hoped it worked out and that he wouldn’t get his heart broken.

The chill of November made its presence known, causing the few remaining leaves in the trees to rustle and swirl those that lay scattered around their trunks. Rachel glanced over to check if Laura was feeling cold, but Laura seemed unfazed by the breeze, giggling with joy near the swings, now seemingly engrossed in a game of hide and seek behind one of the poles. Rachel reached for her warmer maroon coat from the stroller, briefly bending down to retrieve it before slipping it on to ward off the chill in the air. She also grabbed her book and placed it on her lap.

As she redirected her attention back to the park to continue observing her daughter, Rachel spotted a figure seated on the other end of the bench, facing away from her—a man. With a hint of curiosity, Rachel subtly turned her head, trying not to be too overt in her gaze as she observed the man. He appeared troubled, though Rachel couldn't discern the cause. While she acknowledged it wasn't her place to pry, her innate concern for others prompted a twinge of worry.

Still, Rachel didn’t make a move to speak to him, allowing him the space he needed. She felt after her experience in the bookstore it was probably best to stay away from strange men who cried in front of her now. Opting instead to immerse herself in her book, she reached for the copy of "The Twelfth Night" resting on her lap, its well-loved pages adorned with highlighted passages and underlined sentences. She often revisited the play not only for her enjoyment but also to prepare for teaching it to her students. Glancing intermittently at the park to ensure Laura's safety, Rachel then stole a quick look at the man beside her, ensuring he remained where he was before returning her focus to the book. She couldn't afford to let her guard down.

As she heard the man beside her shift, Rachel pondered if he had departed. Yet, wary of drawing his attention, she kept her gaze fixed on her book. Another movement confirmed his continued presence on the bench. When he eventually spoke, Rachel felt it would be impolite to ignore him, a trait she prided herself on avoiding. Marking her page with a dog ear, she tucked a stray blonde strand behind her left ear before straightening up to meet his gaze with a reassuring smile.

"It's alright," Rachel began, her tone warm and understanding. "I assumed you hadn't noticed me. I've been rather quiet." Her smile extended to her eyes, conveying her lack of offense at his proximity as she studied his expression. A fleeting furrow of her brows betrayed her uncertainty before she cleared her throat and continued, "This bench isn't mine, so please, feel free to stay as long as you like. I'm just here to ensure my daughter doesn't cause havoc among the other children."
with: Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Ballroom

Syd Porter

1708951871891.pngImmediately, Syd could see in his daughter’s eyes that she was begging him to go away. What had he just interrupted? Or was it simply that she despised him so much that his mere presence was enough to completely spoil her evening? Something appeared to simmer beneath her skin, like all her hatred was ready to spill over and burn him, scar him like he had clearly scarred her. Her bright blue eyes shone with tears and she unleashed a bitter laugh when he questioned how she and Logan knew each other, effectively scolding him for prying into her private life.

Already Syd’s smile had all but fallen, contrasting the friendly one that Logan was showing him in return. He apparently didn’t know that they were related, which meant that either he didn’t know Jeanie well enough to know her surname…or she had changed it to further emancipate herself. Perhaps kept ‘Foley’ instead. While he listened to Logan explain how they had met, Syd’s eyes kept returning to his daughter. “Motorbikes,” he echoed softly. What did Jeanie have to do with motorbikes? She interjected then, shooting a glare at Syd and telling Logan he was being too polite, that it was none of his business how they knew each other. Her words cut him. Normally being spoken to in such a way would make him angry, but coming from his own daughter, whom he loved and missed and for whom he felt tremendous guilt…all it did was sink his heart.

Syd was quiet as the two debated whether she would be allowed into the venue dressed as she was, with Jeanie suggesting that she didn’t belong in the league of guests his events normally held. He stepped back and took a long draw from his cigarette, the build up of ash falling to the grass as he inhaled. “Your name’s on the list, Jeanie,” he told her, dejectedly. “Jane will be going on soon. She’ll want to see you in the crowd.” After one last glance at Logan, Syd turned and walked away. There was no point in staying in a conversation where he was so unwelcome, not when nothing he could say would mean anything to either of them. And, based on Jeanie's reaction to him, there was nothing he could say that wouldn't just damage their relationship further.

Caolán was checking in another guest when Syd crushed the butt of his cigarette into the ground and walked past him. He knew that at such an event, he had a duty to stay alert, but in that moment he felt he had been kicked to the ground. The fire in him had been snuffed out, replaced by a creeping black fog, weighing down on him and making him ache to his bones. He stood just inside the entrance and leaned against the wall, surveying the room that he wished would just swallow him up. His eyes eventually found Spencer and he watched him for a moment, making a mental note to talk to him about Logan. Though, he then reasoned, maybe there was no point. He couldn’t intervene in Jeanie’s life without making things worse. She already hated him...and his love for her only made it hurt more.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Logan
Bellz Bellz Meanie Jeanie

The Ballroom

Logan Thomson

Logan watched the way Jeanie's behaviour towards Syd turned bitter as she scoffed at his questioning. He didn't know anything about the history between the father and daughter, but this seemed to be more than just someone acting out towards their parent. What also caught his attention was the way her accent changed to an Irish one - no doubt her real accent given who he'd just learned was her father. He wondered how much of her life was hidden behind false names, accents, and stories. This wasn't the first time he'd been lied to like this. Spencer and Shona had lied to him for years, building up false pasts and lies about why they ended up living in Scotland. It seemed perfectly logical that Jeanie had to have a new identity like the rest of the family, but he wondered why she was still using it and without her family's knowledge.

When Jeanie told him how they met was none of Syd's business, he remained silent. He understood why Syd, as the head of a criminal family, would be interrogating someone seen with his daughter. At the same time, he didn't much like being questioned, especially not when Jeanie was a grown adult. Seeing things from both sides led to him simply staying quiet. He did flash a smile when Jeanie suggested neither of them would like her disrupting the peace. That was a sensitive subject for many around the fashion show, including Spencer, who wanted nothing but peace and quiet all evening.

Logan's eyes switched to Syd as the older man sounded deflated, telling Jeanie she was on the guest list and Jane would be on stage soon. The man shot him a glance, but before Logan could say anything, he walked away towards the building. He didn't know what was going on between the two, but it seemed like it was affecting Syd on a deeper level. Still, Logan knew he couldn't pry.

The earlier playfulness had now escaped them both and Logan found himself more conscious of the job he had to do. "This is my cue to get back to work before Spencer kicks off at me," he told Jeanie. He didn't move though, instead maintaining his focus on her. "Listen. I don't know what's going on with the fake name and everything, and it's not the first time I've been lied to. But, if you did want to explain all this to me at some point, I'm up for hearing it. I'll be here all night, so you know where to find me if you want to stay in touch," he told her. The logical part of him was telling him to just walk away and move on, but another part still wanted to know Jeanie more. "In the meantime. It sounds like this Jane would really appreciate you being there for her," she said with a light shrug and a soft smile. "Maybe I'll see you later, Jeanie," he added before turning away to go monitor the front entrance of the building.

Bellz Bellz (Jeanie) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

The Ballroom - Changing Room

Zachary Costa

1709081590540.pngStanding in front of the bathroom mirror, Zachary finished slicking his hair back. Turning his head a little to the side, he checked the earpiece and wire were in place as was part of the equipment the genuine security guards we wearing. Satisfied he looked the part, Zachary radioed through to get the all clear to go ahead with the next part of the plan.

Zachary left the men's room and confidently walked to the backstage dressing room. He paused as he watched the security guard already around that area walk away towards the main entrance of the venue. With the man out of the way, Zachary continued on. He knocked on the changing room door before pushing it open slightly. "Security check," he called into the room, now returning to his Cockney accent. After giving a moment for the models to ensure they were decent, Zachary opened the door fully and stepped inside. "Don't mind me, all. We've got a fire alarm sensor tripping somewhere and I need to check them out. There certainly isn't a fire in here," he lightly commented. As he spoke, he checked the mechanism and handle of the door he'd entered through, subtly twisting the lock to secure it from the inside. He then moved to the fire exit, flashing Shona a friendly smile as he passed her. Reaching up to the switch above the door, he flicked it off and on a few times as if going through a few tests, stopping when the fire door sensor was disarmed. He then pushed the bar to open the fire door peering outside through the gap for a brief moment, long enough for Julia, Damian, and Grant to take their cue. He then pulled the door shut, but left it very slightly open so those outside could now get in.

Zachary brought the walkie-talkie into view and spoke into it. "Sensor on fire door two needs checking out. I'll wait here. Over." Zachary then turned back to those in the dressing room and sent them an acknowledging nod. "I won't be long - we're not allowed to cut corners when it comes to fire safety, so I just need to do a couple of tests here," he explained to them. "You're all putting on a great show tonight," he said, his eyes shifting from Shona to Arabella, before landing on Jane where they lingered a little longer. Stepping away, he moved to the backstage door that led to the runway. After being assisted by Roxie, Savannah had walked through the curtains out onto the stage. Pulling the door shut, Zachary left Roxie locked out of the changing room between the door and the curtains which Savannah would soon return to. Once again, he locked the door by twisting the latch.

Turning back to those in the dressing room, Zachary remained standing by the backstage door he'd just locked. Focusing back on Jane, he smiled at her. "How long have you been modelling?" he asked, a flirtatious glint in his eyes as he admired her in the outfit.

Bellz Bellz (Julia, Collin, Roxie) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Jane, Shona)
( Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Arabella) )

The Ballroom

Klaus Jäger
Wesley Roberts

e2c468dbe233e98756fb2594706491ad.jpg
Wesley couldn't help but grasp the painfully ironic twist of events. He turned to Spencer, seeking his thoughts on Ezekiel's prolonged silence, finding a strange utility in his criminal history. However, Wesley himself harbored no reservations toward the Kings, Porters, or Sullivans, nor their checkered pasts – a sentiment he knew Klaus shared. Yet, Interpol did not share their leniency. Wesley had learned the harsh reality of this firsthand during his youth with a sentence that was going to outlast him. Most of the illegal actions didn’t make the men in this room, which probably was the hardest pill to swallow for the bigwigs in Interpol.

Wes nodded in agreement as Spencer suggested that Ezekiel likely aimed to neutralize them before they posed a threat preemptively. Observing Klaus, Wes noticed the troubled expression in his eyes, a silent acknowledgment that he shared Spencer's concern. Despite this, Klaus remained composed, concealing his unease. Both men refocused their attention on Spencer as he emphasized the need to uncover Ezekiel's intentions. At Spencer's conclusion, Klaus responded with a determined nod, signaling his readiness to delve deeper into the matter.

"I've got informants scattered throughout the city. Agents are keeping an eye out for any signs of activity. But the usual kind of activity is eerily quiet," He said, his voice sounding distraught now. "The typical disturbances we monitor are more straightforward, messy, and destructive... much easier to spot. However, political and psychological maneuvers are a different beast altogether. That's why he's managed to evade us for so long. Interpol struggles to secure authorization for such cases. There's a mountain of paperwork, due diligence – ensuring we don't step on the toes of agencies we're not already collaborating with," Klaus elaborated, shedding light on the bureaucratic hurdles of Interpol's operations. The Bullshit, according to Wesley, who just rolled his eyes.

63d2b9c2d347cac7dae0ba231c4a3bd5.jpg
"We can’t go tell this arse to put his hands up without jumping through all the international hoops." Wesley sighed, "It’s pure shit." Klaus nudged him, prompting Wesley to grumble something unintelligible under his breath. Ignoring Wesley's grumbling, Klaus turned to Spencer. "Suggestions then? I could continue to gather intel from agents, but with this silence…perhaps we should try something different. It unsettles me he so openly met with you, did you notice anything about the meeting that was odd? I know we discussed it before…I want to piece together if there was something he might have seen…" Klaus wore his pensive expression, his brow furrowed as he awaited Spencer's response. Wesley glanced from Klaus to his beer, taking a sip before interjecting with a touch of humor, "Didn’t give away the blueprints to yer Death Star, did ye?" He cringed at his joke. "Terrible joke, but seriously, nothin’ that could catch their eye and they could burn to memory."

After pondering for another lengthy moment, Wesley recognized the potential repercussions of stirring the pot with Spencer once more, but he felt compelled to voice his concerns."Why are we waiting for Ezekiel to make the first move?" He questioned, "Or could the first move of his technically have been the unexpected meetin’?" Wesley mused aloud, his gaze fixed on Spencer before shifting to Klaus."I know it’s not…Interpol protocol but none of this ever was. I don’t like the idea of all these people just sitting around like lame ducks while this man gets together a plan."
with: Spencer Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Ballroom
~ Covent Gardens, London ~

J.J. Porter

7e1560444680d1610c377a217ce49f6d.jpg
Known for his typically sunny disposition, J.J. found himself in an uncharacteristically heavy state of mind. The recent conversation with his parents had blindsided him. Their sudden assertion that he should distance himself from the family's mission to assist the Kings left him perplexed and, for the first time in his life, enraged. While anger rarely found a foothold in his emotions, the news that he was to cease further training ignited a torrent of questions within him. Was it his fault? Had something changed? Or were his parents were out of their minds at this point? While he didn’t want to question their authority by any means, he was 24 years old, able to make decisions for himself and he felt the responsible thing to do would be to make sure he was prepared for the worst-case scenarios that were more than likely to head the family’s way. While his parents maintained that safeguarding the family wasn't solely his responsibility, J.J. felt an obligation that surpassed mere duty. With Ari, who had relocated from Germany to stand by his side, he felt compelled to ensure her safety, even if it meant confronting danger head-on. Yet, his attempts to assert this viewpoint were met with resistance.

Currently, his parents didn't rank high on his list of favorites, but he would attend the Fashion Show out of respect. His primary motivation was to show support for Ari, Jane, and Collin, all of whom were moments away from stepping onto the runway. Unlike his older sister Jeanie, who had a penchant for cutting ties with the family over disagreements, J.J. chose a different path. He resolved to stand by those unaffected by his rift with his parents while maintaining a cautious distance from Syd and Roxie as he navigated his emotions. These past weeks had been a rollercoaster of emotions for him, leaving him feeling utterly powerless in the face of his fluctuating anger and disappointment. His mother had tried to corner him time and time again, but he wasn’t having it, either politely or not so politely telling her to bug off not meeting her eyes. He’d given his father equal treatment. Jane and Arabella had been with Roxie getting ready, forcing J.J. to find someone else to give him feedback on his outfit before they went to the event. He was not looking forward to being squished in a car with them all.

J.J. lightly tapped on Lucia's slightly ajar bedroom door, finding the room dimly lit by her reading lamp as usual. The 12-year-old seemed engrossed in her book, oblivious to his presence. "Lu," J.J. called softly, his voice pitched low so as not to startle her."Hmmm?" Lucia responded, lifting her gaze from her book with a curious expression as she spotted J.J. Her crystal blue eyes lit up at the sight of him, "You’re wearing the pink suit!" she exclaimed gleefully, marking her page and setting the book aside carefully before hurrying over to get a closer look at his outfit. J.J. couldn’t help but grin as she bounded to the other side of the room to take in his outfit from a closer angle. "I knew this suit would be the most flattering. The pink and the pattern bring out your eyes!" Lucia said, "You look so great, Noah!" It took a moment to realize that she called him by his other name, the one from Germany, and when she did realize, the smile on her face dropped a bit. "I mean J.J., jeez, this is going to take some getting used to. You still don’t look like a J.J." Offering Lucia a sympathetic smile, J.J. draped an arm around her shoulders."Noah, J.J. it’s all the same. I’m still your brother and you’re my sister, yeah? That’s all that matters. Also, my stylist because this pink is working for me." he quipped, planting a kiss on the top of her head. Lucia reciprocated by wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug, which J.J. returned. "Glad it’s working! What did Ari say?"

"Ah, I haven’t had a chance with her yet…"
J.J. admitted, his expression somewhat troubled. When Lucia pulled away from the embrace, she gave him a knowing look, "I don’t like all the hiding and silence. I know I’m quiet but…you all are so chatty, it normally fills my silence." Her big eyes looked up at J.J. as if searching for reassurance that everything was going to be okay and he couldn’t tell her that he was uncertain about it all right now. "Don’t worry, Lu. We’ll bounce back. Ma, Dad, and I are just at a crossroads. We’ll figure it out. I promise, okay?" he reassured her, hoping his words would provide some comfort. Lucia nodded, a small smile brightening her features. "Can I tell you about this chapter before you leave, it involves a troll in the bathroom!"

***​

J.J. was less affected by public events compared to other family members. He remained a social butterfly even when feeling down. After the car ride, he discovered that a few drinks and good company could uplift his spirits. Currently, that good company happened to be Lucas and Michael as they waited for Jane, Collin, and Arabella to arrive on the runway. Lucas sat on one side, Michael on the other.

During the weeks they had been spending time together, including Collin, J.J. had been sensing... well, vibes. Something was happening, though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He tried not to pry too much. Given that Lucas and Collin were best friends in Dublin, and Michael and Collin were currently best friends, they were all just very close. With his own family matters occupying his mind, J.J. didn't want to delve into it too deeply. Whatever it was, he resolved to be supportive of his friends and family. As he reached for his drink, J.J. listened to Michael and Lucas discussing Liam. It seemed Liam was meeting someone for a potential design job. J.J. didn’t want to spoil the optimism that Michael felt over Liam showing up if he didn’t already have plans…so he just sipped his gin.

"Looks like Collin's become Mr. Popular, hasn't he?" J.J. chimed in, noticing the excitement in both of their voices. "Just a reminder, my sister and best friend are strutting down this runway too, you know!" He teased, flashing a smile as Savannah made her entrance. "So, Vogue! Is that what it's called? The magazine? Maybe we should cut me off from these drinks?" J.J. joked, letting out a light laugh. "She looks stunning!" As his attention returned to his companions, Michael inquired about Lucas and his involvement.

"Oh, I'm far too clumsy for that. I'd probably trip the moment I set foot on stage. Besides, I want Jane and Arabella to shine; can't have a dashing fellow like me hogging all the limelight," J.J. remarked, setting down his drink and resting his hands on his cheeks. "These cheekbones are model material, after all."
with: Lucas Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Michael Pyroclast Pyroclast
mentions: Sad Sack Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Savvvvvyyyyy Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Arabella Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

The Ballroom

Shona King and Jane Porter

1709147343367.pngRoxie cupped Jane’s face in her soft, cool hands, providing some instant relief as Jane did her best to do as she was told: to not join in with the panicked thoughts that barrelled through her mind. It was strange how fast it had come over her. Both her mother and Shona were both having to reassure her of how beautiful she looked, while just a few moments ago Jane had felt the prettiest she ever had. It wasn’t even that she didn’t feel pretty…it was the anxiety of letting a crowd of people see her all dolled up, the chance that they might not think she was as pretty as she felt, and that if they didn’t, it would knock her confidence completely. Of course, she was in no state of mind to analyse why that even mattered, but in that moment it was making her lungs feel tight.

She drew deep, shaky breaths as instructed, and only started to relax when her mother pulled her into a secure, warm embrace. Jane rested her head on Roxie’s shoulder and wrapped her arms around her, letting her warmth melt her worries away. Roxie assured her that she was stunning, but that she also had her own unique beauty, and when she drew out of the hug, she smiled her warm, mischievous smile at Jane, who couldn’t help but return it. She even let out a giggle when Roxie told her to laugh back at anyone who ever laughed at her. It was getting easier to control her breathing, which she continued to do, deep and slow.

Her mother’s words were full of love and wisdom and Jane almost wanted to cry for how much she seemed to believe in her. Jane nodded until she could speak. And when she could, she said, “I love you,” in a soft, delicate voice. With a deep breath, Jane stood back and smoothed out her dress. She looked down at her heels and decided that she could in fact walk in them. She was not going to fall over. Her dress was not going to fall down in front of everybody. She didn’t feel sick anymore. “Okay,” she said. “Okay, I’ll do it.” She looked at the dressing room door with some apprehension, but then repeated to herself, “I can do it.” Filled with fresh enthusiasm for what she was about to do, Jane shook her legs and arms loose and rolled her shoulders back, before locking eyes with her mother and going in for another warm, loving hug. “I love you,” she muffled into Roxie’s shoulder. “Thank you.”

1709147374575.pngWhile Jane and Roxie were having their intimate talk, Shona turned her attention back to Collin, meeting his gaze through the mirror’s reflection. She could see a sadness in his eyes, and she paused her styling to place her hands on his shoulders. “Honey, it’s okay to take your time,” she told him. “But if these are people you care about, just make sure you’re usin’ your head as well as your heart. There’s no point rushin’ into anythin’, okay?” Sending him an encouraging smile, Shona got back to work with his hair. “Almost done,” she said, picking up a hairspray and shaking the canister. “Close your eyes!” With one hand, she shielded his eyes while she lightly sprayed his hair with the other. “There!” Shona stepped back and let him see her work. “I hope you’re gunnin’ for a career in Hollywood, ‘cause your phone’s gonna be ringin’ itself off the hook after tonight!” she teased, flashing him a gleaming smile. As she put her tools away, she lowered her voice and added, “Listen to your heart, Collin…but take care of it, too, won’t you?”

Just then, the door to the dressing room opened and an unfamiliar male voice called out that they were doing a security check. Jane’s heart jumped at first, but then she realised it must just be one of her father’s guards sent to check on them. Roxie had left, called away by some kind of wardrobe emergency going on on the stage. At least she knew that if her fear of her dress falling down did come true, her mother would be there to help fix it for her, and that she wouldn’t have been the first of the models to experience some kind of mishap.

As soon as he stepped in, Jane nearly choked. She had barely any experience with men, but they could still certainly take her breath away. Her cheeks turned pink, not helped by the blusher she was wearing. The man had perfect hair, a sharp suit, beautifully groomed facial hair and the skin of someone who had never had a bad night’s sleep in their life. He told the room they were putting on a great show, to which Jane giggled. She glanced at Arabella and mouthed Oh my god!, as if he were some big shot celebrity, before taking a seat on her stool by the mirror and just gazing at the man, watching as he reached up above the fire door. Finally, he set his eyes on her, prompting her to stand. She could see that he was checking her out in her outfit, and when he smiled at her she felt like she might combust into flames. He asked her how long she had been modelling for, but when she opened her mouth all that came out was a small squeak. Her cheeks had by now gone from pink to scarlett and she suddenly didn’t know what to do with her hands. “Uh - I -” she stammered, suddenly smiling uncontrollably. “It’s my first time.” Lost in his beautiful smile, Jane suddenly forgot where she was. “H-how long have you been security guard…ing?”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Roxie, Collin
Misty Gray Misty Gray Zachary
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Arabella

The Ballroom

Jeanie Porter

Any sort of reaction, no matter how volatile, would have been preferable from her father at that moment compared to what she received. Yet, she concealed her bewilderment behind a stoic facade. As he informed her that her name was on the list and that Jane would be looking for her in the crowd, Jeanie maintained her composure, lifting her chin a fraction higher and brushing a stray strand of hair from her eyes with her right hand. With a silent nod of acknowledgment, she watched her father cast one final glance in Logan's direction before departing without further ado. Observing Syd Porter, a man known for his explosive temper, for the dramatic flair that somehow managed to alleviate Jeanie's insecurities (though she'd never admit it to him), simply walk away after taking a drag from his cigarette was a blow worse than any verbal assault he could have unleashed.

Standing beside Logan, Jeanie wrapped her arms around herself, concealing the slight tremor in her hands and the subtle shaking of her right leg, unbeknownst to her. Though imperceptible to most, these physical manifestations betrayed the turmoil swirling within her. A gentle unease settled in the depths of her stomach, accompanied by a soft murmur of regret. At the moment, Jeanie struggled to identify these sensations, attributing them to a mix of anxiety stemming from her recent encounter with her father and the daunting prospect of confronting one of her fears head-on. Vulnerability was a territory she rarely ventured into willingly.

Jeanie's expression remained impassive as she grappled with the tumultuous thoughts swirling in her mind. Anger, once vivid and consuming in its intensity, now began to ebb, giving way to a creeping sense of regret. With each passing moment, that regret morphed into an unfamiliar sensation, something similar to guilt, as her gaze lingered on the vacant path her father had retreated down. Once more, her eyes stung with unshed tears, but Jeanie fought to hold them back. Drawing in a silent breath, she cast her gaze downwards briefly before meeting Logan's eyes, ensuring she appeared composed, despite the turmoil churning within her. "Yah, okay," she uttered, her voice faltering slightly. The playful banter from earlier had dissipated, replaced by a sense of resignation as Jeanie doubted whether this man would grant her another chance. After all, she reasoned, he had no obligation to do so; in his position, she would have likely walked away without a second thought.

Preparing to turn away and retreat inside, Jeanie was taken aback when Logan spoke up first, causing her to pause. As he mentioned the alias she had used, a subtle sigh escaped her lips, and she instinctively brought a hand to her mouth, wiping away any trace of interruption. It was dawning on her that he might have some knowledge of her family background, which could offer some insight into her deception, at least in part. However, explaining the full extent of her reasons would prove to be a challenge. Jeanie found herself surprised by Logan's willingness to hear her out, his offer to stay in touch suggesting a genuine interest in understanding her perspective. It was a complex narrative to unravel, but the prospect of a fresh start, albeit daunting, was something she yearned for. If he was willing to invest the time to listen, then Jeanie was more than willing to recount her story, in the hopes of starting over with him. "Maybe you will, Logan."She called after him, a genuine, albeit small, smile gracing her lips despite the tumult of emotions. She lingered for a moment longer, allowing her thoughts to settle, before finally making her way inside. As she passed by Logan, she made a conscious effort not to linger too long with her gaze.

***​

The overwhelming crowds made Jeanie's heart race, exacerbating the tremor in her leg until her thigh muscle twitched involuntarily. Despite the discomfort, she pressed on, fueled by determination. The sheer volume of people induced a cold sweat, perhaps intensified by her sober state. Without any substance to take the edge off beforehand, and compounded by the realization that this was a family gathering where her other identity had just been exposed, Jeanie felt a wave of anxiety wash over her. At least Riley, Jessica, and the rest didn’t know…but it was only a matter of time before they did. Jeanie’s eyes scanned the area around her…perhaps foolishly looking for her father now but the unsettled feeling wasn’t going to leave her alone. Might as well lean into it while it was at its peak.

But the more Jeanie looked around, the more she felt out of place. The place was wall-to-wall glamorous -- perfect with all the dresses and suits made from the finest fabrics. She could never be perfect. Jeanie had always felt like a cracked mirror. She reflected a room full of flawless faces with her fractured surface distorting the image of perfection surrounding her. Conforming to an unattainable standard left her perpetually drained, a feeling exacerbated by the instability of her home life. Events like these, with their fleeting moments of perfection, only served to accentuate her sense of alienation. Amidst the grandeur and seamless harmony, Jeanie couldn't shake the feeling that she didn't belong--a sentiment that had shaped her in ways she couldn't ignore.

Searching for her father was starting to feel like a lost cause, and she was beginning to wonder if maybe she deserved to sit with the feelings she’d brought upon herself. However, when she finally spotted him tucked away in a corner near the entrance, a flicker of surprise crossed her features. She had anticipated finding him mingling with guests or overseeing security, not hiding away. Suppressing the anxiety bubbling within her, Jeanie summoned her resolve. All her bullshit and really, she was just wanting to get out of this without much of a loss. To see Jane, maybe have another cigarette, and go home. None of what happened outside was what Jeanie wanted, contrary to popular belief. At least not in the present mindset. Walking over to him, Jeanie tried to meet his eyes to grab his attention. "Think we’ll be able to see Jane from back here?" She asked, her voice cracking ever so slightly before she cleared her throat. Shaking out her hair, the young woman sighed, looking uncomfortable as she said, "I-uh…look…" Her brows furrowed together as she tried to for the words, but they weren’t coming together right. Frustration colored her sigh, accompanied by a flick of her hand through her dark locks. "Logan knew me as Jolene Foley, alright? I’ve been going by that name for the last 4 years, per Interpol guidelines." Her leg shook a little more as she stood in her spot.

"Jolene Foley doesn't carry the same weight as Jeanie Porter," she continued, her tone tinged with a blend of resignation and defiance. "I mean, she had her own baggage... but nobody's flawless, right?" A self-conscious laugh escaped her lips, though she quickly realized the potential absurdity of her statement. Nonetheless, she pressed on, steadfast in her convictions."Bein’ a Porter means a lot to you, I know it. But it meant somethin' else for me. Somethin' I was eager to leave behind four years ago."Her gaze hardened once more, conveying a depth of emotion beneath the surface. "It was supposed to be my fresh start... or so I thought," she muttered, frustration evident in her tone. With a flash of anger in her eyes, she continued, "Now, I'm just Jeanie. Dealing with problems and burdened by a family reputation. And worst of all, I find myself constantly having to justify it all to people. All because you couldn't grasp the message I was tryin' to convey!" Her voice rose, laced with irritation. Clamping her teeth together, she made a concerted effort to rein in her emotions before they escalated any further. As much as she loathed to acknowledge it... well, she stopped herself short. No. Not going there. Jeanie crossed her arms tightly, hands trembling beneath them.
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast
was with: Logan (you still have a chance to leave pal) Misty Gray Misty Gray

Philip and Sarah Stewart's House
~ Finsbury Park, London ~

Cassandra Stewart
5d7721cc7aa1f865a51a52356ff50a0c.jpg
Saturday was finally here and Cassie honestly wasn't sure if she was feeling extremely nervous or extremely excited for her date with Liam that evening. The butterflies in her stomach had been threatening to spill out of her since she had woken that morning and due to this she felt unable to relax which was affecting her self-pamper day.

After spending most of the week covered in food, paint, snot and other bodily fluids from the children she minded, Cassie had gotten up early to fully pamper herself, her plan was to have a long soak in the tub, face masks, body lotion, do her nails, all the works to make herself feel like an actual girl again but it was just past mid-day and so far she had only had her bath. Looking at the clock in her room, Cassie's nose scrunched in confusion as she tried to figure out what she had done since she woke at 8am. Had she really just paced her room with nerves for hours?

Having known Liam a while now, Cassie couldn't figure out why she was suddenly so nervous to be alone with him. The pair had gotten on great since the day they met but now that it was a date everything was changing, what if he realized he didn't like her? What if she wasn't good enough for him? Groaning to herself, Cassie ran a hand down her face as she willed the thoughts far away out of her mind. If he didn't like her that way, there was nothing she could do and there was no point in worrying but of course thinking that was much easier than actually believing it. After taking a deep breath, Cassie stood up and continued to get ready, hoping the self-care would distract her.

A few hours later Cassie was stood in front of her long mirror in the bedroom as she checked her outfit. Her eyes trailed back towards her bed where the previous 4 outfits she had tried on lay and she bit her lip as she looked back towards the one she was wearing. A simple white dress with snake skin heels and jewelry, she was happy with it and yet it felt like something was missing. Looking towards her bed again, her denim jacket caught her eye and she placed in on grinning as she twirled in the mirror to inspect her outfit. Finally ...

As Cassie entered the kitchen and they both stood an amused smile played on her lips "I'm not the queen you don't have to stand when I enter" she teased softly but the amusement quickly fell from her features at her Mother's next words as she turned to face her trying to convey if she was serious or not. "Ah Mum Liam's not like that" she commented with a smile before she turned her attention towards him "Please tell me she hasn't been giving you a hard time"

Liam Callahan's Apartment
~ Angel, London ~

Emery Callahan

1709248677903.pngEmery didn't often go on dates, certainly not official and formal ones. Romance had never been something she'd got far with. Often, the men and women she dated ended up feeling intimidated by her or couldn't keep up with her erratic nature, which was partly a result of her ADHD. Other attempts at relationships failed because she grew bored of the other party. They were either too dull and boring to her, or tried too hard to come across as strong and courageous. She wasn't sure what criteria made up her ideal partner, but she liked quirky people, who weren't afraid to be silly and weren't put off by her up-front nature. From her first and only meeting with Dawson, so far, he at least ticked those boxes. It helped that he was good looking too!

Perhaps she was going soft as she got older, but Emery found herself feeling surprisingly nervous about her date with Dawson. So much so that the apprehension led to her making an actual effort to look good. Thankfully, Liam had left earlier for his meeting and then date with Cassie, so it meant Emery could hog the bathroom to get ready in. With her hair and make-up done, she put on a black lace dress which sat above the knees and a pair of black heels to match. Once satisfied she was ready, she had plenty of time to relax in front of the television until Dawson arrived.

The sound of the doorbell snapped Emery out of her daydreaming and prompted her to switch off the TV before getting up to answer the door. After smoothing out her dress and checking herself in the mirror she moved to the door. Unlocking it, she then pulled it open to be greeted by a vase of flowers. "Oh..." she quietly mouthed before hearing Dawson's voice from behind the gift. She couldn't help but grin at his awkward laugh. "Well... hi there!" she greeted him as he lifted the flowers and she manoeuvred to see his face. "My favourite flowers and favourite colour!" she enthused, noting the green vase and ribbon. "I quite like overboard," she added. When he complimented her, she couldn't help but blush a little. "Thank you, good sir," she told him, a lingering smile on her face.

She walked back into the apartment, signalling for Dawson to follow her, so he could place the vase of flowers on the dining table. "They're beautiful. Thank you," she told him. Now he wasn't obscured at all by the flowers, Emery looked him over and nodded her head. "You look good. Pretty damn good," she flirtatiously complimented him.

"This is my brother's apartment, by the way. I'm crashing here until I can move into my own place," she explained. Thinking about their reservation, she reached for her clutch bag. "Well then, we'd best get going, hadn't we?" she suggested. "Now, can I trust you to get me there without you tripping me over or something?" she playfully teased. Still, her face softened as her eyes met his. She had a good feeling about this date, especially as she was more open to a relationship now than she had been in the past.

Bellz Bellz (Dawson)

~Greenwich Park, London~

Jeremy Gray
43dc3295752188e9eb27b6e88779756d.jpg
The world, God, whoever controlled the fate of things had a very sick sense of humor. A tormentive sense of humor. Sadistic as fuck, surely. Just as Jeremy was getting control of himself, the plastic smile across his face, the woman turned and sucked the air right back out of his lungs like an industrial grade vacuum. He physically choked as he felt himself swallow his tongue, coughing and turning his head away hoping upon hope that the woman beside him only looked familiar because he was on a walk down memory lane and his sick and damaged mind was playing tricks on him. Please, please let that be it. As he got the coughing under control, he could not bring himself to look at her, instead his eyes began to search the playground, desperate to prove himself wrong.

Across the playground, a beautiful blond haired girl was playing with a group of other kids, her features so familiar and so foreign at the same time. Jeremy felt reality starting to break, a sob caught on his swallowed tongue, lodged deep in his throat. She looked like a young Harper, with just a touch of himself. The eyes, the eyes were his. STOP IT, FOOL! His brain instantly went into denial, screaming at himself not to continue with that train of thought. The tears began to cascade freely down his cheeks as he couldn't find the words to express himself. As he tried to gather his courage to look over again, he very slowly moved his eyes back to the woman beside him, his large hand brushing over his face.

As his eyes finally focused on her again, he couldn't help it, the sob actually broke his lips but he attempted to cut it off, coughing again. He held up a very shaky hand to the woman, refusing to say her name. "I-I'm sorry. I must look a mess. You look just like…. Just like someone very important to me." Pointing across the park, directly at the little girl. "We would have had a daughter about her age by now." He couldn't help the tears that were falling like waterfalls from his eyes. No amount of self-control was going to work here. Not with someone who looked so much like Harper sitting right next to her, and a daughter that could very well be his look alike. As his features broke and the sadness took over, he leaned forward and hung his head, rubbing his face with his hands, elbows propped on his knees.

"Apologies. I don't mean to be… Odd. You must think I'm very strange indeed, but I'm just very sad." He sniffled and tried to regain his calm composure, his eyes finding his way back to the young child and his heart shattered into a million pieces that could fit through the eye of the worlds tiniest needle. He tried to give her a very small, very forlorn smile, ensuring not to move any closer or even reach any extremities towards her. "I came here because I had been walking through the old neighborhood and thought I could escape her here. Escape the memory and the all the pain. Seems fate retains its sense of humor because it walked me right into you. You could be her doppelganger."

The air suddenly felt like it was on fire, and what little control he had felt to be slipping. He wanted to turn to her, to grab her by the shoulders, to search every inch of her the way he knew so well to find the scars, the birthmarks, the freckles, everything that would identify her, but whatever fragment of sanity he had left warned him that he'd likely end up in jail if he did that, or at the very least maced. It was like being in a tsunami, the wave growing until the horizon was disappearing and the sky turned dark and you just knew, you knew the moment it hit land you were as good as gone. It was coming, coming to swallow him whole, drag him under the current, and destroy whatever was left of him. There were children everywhere, and regardless of what he thought, everyone reminded him constantly that Harper was dead. He had to stop seeing her in the world around him, he would never move on if he didn’t.

Finally his eyes found hers again, deep pools swirling with emotions, dripping paths of salty misery down his paled cheeks. He begged for some sort of recognition in her orbs, something that would tell him he wasn't crazy, that it was really her. Would he see it? Would she know him? How would she have gotten here if it was her? What were the chances that she'd end up back in London if she did somehow survive the car accident. Bitterness and anger were beginning to swell inside of him, as if he might unleash on her if she didn't give him what he wanted, but the deeper sense of desolation kept it from erupting and taking it out on her. He suddenly decided if it was her, if somehow it was Harper, it meant she had some serious damage in her brain - she would never have just left and intentionally forgotten her son, her husband, her whole family. If he didn't run her off immediately, he knew without question he had to get to know her, to confirm who she was, or wasn't rather, or he'd never be able to move on.

Bellz Bellz - The Ghostie

The Ballroom
(outside dressing room door)

Roxie Porter

aedf300632b8b271e43690746458521a.jpg
"I love you too," Roxie whispered to Jane, her smile radiating warmth as her daughter embraced her once more. Holding her close, Roxie pressed a tender kiss onto Jane's forehead. "Anything for you, my dear. You mean the world to me," she murmured affectionately. As they reluctantly parted, Roxie's attention was abruptly drawn to a wardrobe malfunction unfolding on stage, summoning her into action.

Snatching up the compact kit she had at hand, Roxie glanced at Jane reassuringly. "It’s going to be okay, just keep breathing yea? I’ll be right back!" With swift determination, Roxie dashed away, swiftly passing a security guard stationed in the dimly lit corridor leading toward the stage. Her gaze flickered over him briefly, assessing his presence. Tracking every security detail in this venue was a challenge, but Roxie presumed that Syd had dispatched him for routine patrol. Mentally noting to touch base with her husband later, Roxie averted her gaze, not wanting to appear impolite, although an unsettling sensation began to gnaw at her gut. She assumed that the returning jitters were likely from the party.

Passing through the first set of curtains, Roxie found Savannah waiting for her, and after tending to her emergency Savvy hurried out on stage. Roxie couldn’t help but peek out from behind the second curtain to watch her best friend, clapping silently with her hands close to her chest. Roxie had always been so supportive of Savannah’s ventures, whether it was in theater, music, TV acting, or modeling…she really could just do it all! Never in her life had she ever met someone with so much talent. Even with all of the hardships she had in her life, Savannah kept her career going so strong and Roxie always admired it. It was so lovely to have her here, to hear about her much calmer life with Danny and their kids. Roxie knew she didn’t have to be here tonight, risking disrupting the peace she built for herself, but she was so grateful she decided to join in on it all. She seemed to be doing a lot better than Roxie was. Perhaps prioritizing stability had made Savannah more adept at navigating life's challenges. And navigating these types of events.

As Savannah returned behind the second curtain, Roxie greeted her with a wide smile. "You were absolutely amazing! Not that I ever doubted you," she exclaimed, cheering her friend on. "Those professional models didn’t stand a chance against you, Sav," Roxie continued, a teasing glint in her eyes. "And my fashion tape job seemed to hold up perfectly; no wardrobe malfunctions. I’m sure the family will be grateful for that!"

"Let’s get you back to the dressing room. Poor Janey was so nervous; I didn’t think I should leave her alone for much longer. Plus, you and I can finally catch up while the kids take the stage!"
Roxie gestured for Savannah to follow her, offering assistance with any adjustments to her outfit before they approached the first curtain leading to the dressing room door.
with: Savvy aka Talented Beautiful Bestie <3 Misty Gray Misty Gray

Locked Inside Dressing Room :(

Collin McCarthy

affb297ca9096d576fe8bf11682d6933.jpg
"You’re going to do great, Jane!" Collin reassured the young woman, hoping she understood that he shared her nervousness despite his experience performing on stage countless times. As Jane sought comfort from Aunt Roxie, Collin respectfully turned away, allowing them their private moment. Shona seemed to share his sentiment, her expression reflecting a mixture of encouragement and empathy. Although Collin's words aimed to bolster Jane's confidence, a tinge of sadness lingered in his light-colored eyes. Shona, sensing his unease, placed a reassuring hand on his shoulders. Collin met her gaze through the mirror, uncertain of what she might say. Yet, her words carried a depth of wisdom and warmth that made it feel as though they had known each other for years, despite having just met. Collin nodded in understanding as Shona resumed styling his hair, careful not to disrupt her meticulous work. Expressing his gratitude, Collin acknowledged, "Thank you, Shona. Sometimes I forget to use my head, not intentionally, but anxiety tends to cloud my judgment in these situations, you know?" He sighed, the weight of his nerves palpable in his voice.

As Shona mentioned they were nearing completion, a smile graced Collin's lips as he closed his eyes and mouth, permitting her to apply hairspray to his hair. After she finished, he opened his eyes to reveal an even broader grin, meeting his reflection with delight. "That’s the goal!" he exclaimed happily when Shona mentioned his aspirations for a Hollywood career. "You’re a miracle worker, Shona! An angel! Thank you so much!" His gratitude radiated as he beamed at her before spinning in the chair to face her directly.

As Shona tidied up her tools, her voice lowered with sincerity as she advised Collin to listen to his heart and take care of it. Her words struck a chord within him, causing a slight burning sensation in his eyes. "I will," he promised earnestly, his smile faltering momentarily under the weight of her words. Collin's focus shifted abruptly when the door opened, and an unfamiliar male voice announced a security check. His heart seemed to skip a beat—or at least it felt that way. There was no way he was just a part of security. He had to be a model—but why wasn't he on stage?

Collin scolded himself internally for entertaining thoughts about another man in such a manner. He forcefully tore his gaze away from the man's face as he mentioned checking the fire alarm sensor. Rising from the chair where Shona had been working on him, Collin moved to don his suit jacket, feeling the need to complete his preparations before heading out onto the runway. He made a concerted effort to avoid looking at the man directly, though he couldn't resist stealing occasional glances in his direction. Despite trying to tune out the man's words, Collin found it challenging as his captivating presence filled the small space. The man's words seemed to drift past him as Collin struggled to maintain his focus. Jane appeared similarly affected, her expression mirroring a deer caught in headlights as Collin stole a glance in her direction.

"The sensor on fire door two needs checking out. I'll wait here. Over," came the voice, drawing Collin's attention, though he remained resolute in avoiding eye contact with anyone else in the room.

In his determined effort to ignore the captivating man before him, Collin noticed Zachary edging closer and closer to the backstage door, his back turned as Aunt Roxie went to assist Savannah with something. It wasn't until the heavy metal door slammed shut that Collin sensed something was amiss. Without saying a word, he turned to Shona, the woman he deeply trusted, his brows furrowed in concern. Another noise, the twisting of a latch, caused Collin to tense slightly. The man had claimed he would wait in the room, so why was he locking the door? Suppressing his rising fears, Collin took a deep breath, trying not to jump to conclusions. However, as the man directly questioned Jane about her modeling experience, any enamored feeling Collin had for him dissipated, replaced by a growing sense of unease in his chest. His concern for the women in the room, as well as for Lucas and Michael waiting outside, intensified.

Jane's question about Zachary's tenure as a security guard revealed her lack of experience in flirting. Normally, Collin would have found it endearing, but at that moment, he was more focused on deciphering the situation unfolding before him. The walkie-talkie Zachary had used remained eerily silent after his declaration to remain inside the dressing room. "How much longer do you think until the fire alarm issue is fixed? It's unlike Uncle Syd to overlook such things," Collin inquired, careful not to alert Zachary to the fact that he knew the door had been locked.
with: Zachary aka sexy hunk of shite Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jane/Shona Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Arabella Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess must protect the ladies at all cost :xFmad:

The Statesman
~ South Bank, London ~

Dawson Rogers

415699bf6c34755b98417be76a985c5a.jpg
Dawson understood that gifts weren't the essence of a date, and he could have arrived empty-handed and it still would have been enjoyable. However, the sheer delight on Emery's face made the flowers he brought worthwhile, both in cost and size. At her signal, Dawson followed her inside and delicately placed the bouquet on the dining room table. "I used to think so too until I laid eyes on you," Dawson remarked, feeling a slight blush creeping onto his cheeks now that he could fully appreciate Emery's presence without the distraction of flowers. Catching her gaze, he offered a sheepish smile. "Well, thank you, my lady," he playfully added, his voice taking on a teasing depth as he wiggled his eyebrows at her, a goofy grin spreading across his face.

"Oh no, do I need to seek his approval before our date?" he quipped, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. "I mean, I could. Wasn't anticipating impressing more than one person tonight though," he added with a chuckle as he observed Emery reaching for her clutch. "Ah, yes, we mustn't keep our reservation waiting," Dawson remarked, extending his arm for her to take. When she teased him about trusting him not to trip her along the way, Dawson feigned a pained expression, albeit playfully.

"I've got a first aid kit in my car just in case I accidentally do," he joked, a playful glint in his eyes. "But I can assure you, the only person likely to trip tonight is myself. No need to save me from falling over my two left feet," he added with a boyish laugh, winking at her. Once Emery had taken his arm, he guided her towards his car. Opening the passenger side door for her, he ensured she was comfortably settled before closing it gently. Then, he rounded the car and hopped into the driver's seat.

The restaurant they had reservations for overlooked the bustling South Bank, offering captivating views of the River Thames. Situated on the 6th floor of a building, it boasted floor-to-ceiling windows that afforded diners a spectacular vista of the river. Inside, the ceiling was adorned with a profusion of peonies and vines in various hues, adding a touch of natural beauty to the elegant ambiance. While the restaurant was on the pricier side, Dawson was unconcerned about the cost and eager to indulge Emery with whatever she desired. He harbored a deep sense of optimism about her, recognizing that he hadn't opened his heart to anyone in a long time, and was determined not to squander this opportunity.

Approaching the restaurant entrance, Dawson courteously held the door open for Emery, and they proceeded to check their coats before promptly being escorted to their table. Dawson had made an additional reservation deposit to secure a secluded spot in the back corner of the restaurant, away from the main seating area, offering them more privacy. Their booth was positioned adjacent to a window, affording a breathtaking view of the river and the twinkling lights on the opposite bank. Once they were settled and menus were presented, Dawson turned to Emery with a warm smile. "Feel free to order whatever you'd like to drink, eat, or anything else," he offered, hoping to alleviate any apprehensions she might have had about the menu.

Giving Emery a moment to peruse the menu, a waiter returned to take their drink order. Dawson allowed Emery to place her order first before indicating his preference. "I'll have an Old Fashioned," he stated with a smile as the waiter turned to him. Once their drink orders were placed and the waiter departed, Dawson momentarily set his menu aside to focus on Emery. Offering her a shy smile, he expressed his thoughts. "I hope this restaurant suits your taste. I thought it would be the perfect setting for our evening, especially considering our first encounter was at a shady bar. I wanted to step it up a notch," he chuckled, his laughter fading as he gazed at her with fondness. "Thank you for giving this klutz another chance."
with: Emery who is more beautiful than this entire scene <3 Misty Gray Misty Gray

Rachel Fitz
Ft. Laura Fitz
b139937056e7308bf6909201f53d147a.gif
Rachel rarely found herself uncomfortable in her skin, but the stranger's reaction, a visible choke followed by a quick averted gaze, stirred a sudden wave of doubt within her. As the woman fell silent, her gaze returning to her lap, Rachel hesitated, unsure of how to proceed. Typically inclined towards kindness and assistance, she found herself at a loss in the face of such unexpected discomfort. Swallowing hard, Rachel's unease heightened, prompting thoughts of relocating to another bench or simply departing with Laura. Their synchronized glances around the playground—Rachel seeking Laura, the stranger's intentions unclear—only intensified the tension. Upon spotting Laura immersed in joyous play, surrounded by newfound friends, and wearing an infectious smile, Rachel felt conflicted about abandoning their spot, despite her lingering anxiety.

Taking in a hushed breath, Rachel shut her eyes fleetingly, reassuring herself that not every encounter mirrored her unsettling experience at the bookstore. Maybe this man was simply grappling with a difficult day. Who was she to hastily draw conclusions and depart? She couldn't fathom the depth of his struggles. When Rachel reopened her eyes and stole a glance in his direction, she noticed tears streaming down his cheeks. He was clearly in anguish. Straightening her posture, Rachel made a conscious effort to ease her tension once more, attempting to convince herself that everything would eventually fall into place. There were plenty of people in this well-lit park…

As Rachel refocused her attention on Laura, the stranger addressed her once more, expressing apologies for his appearance. "It's quite..." Rachel began, her gaze shifting towards him as he remarked on her resemblance to someone important to him. Despite her efforts to remain composed, Rachel felt her jaw tighten involuntarily, recalling similar words spoken to her in a bookstore. "I've heard that before," she replied, her voice faltering slightly. Jeremy then gestured towards Laura, prompting Rachel to glance back at her daughter. "We would have had a daughter about her age by now," he said, tears streaming down his face. Rachel watched Laura for a moment, her expression softening, before turning back to Jeremy. "I'm deeply sorry for your loss," she said sincerely, each word dripping with genuine empathy despite her inner anxiety.

Her gaze softened as she observed Jeremy lean forward, his head bowed, hands rubbing his face in anguish. Rachel couldn't recall witnessing such intense distress since the incident with the man at the bookstore — although, in fairness, that man seemed on the brink of physical collapse. Jeremy offered another apology, but Rachel shook her head silently, reassuring him that no apology was necessary. She allowed him time to compose himself, their attention shifting to Laura. Rachel determined this man was just looking at what he should have had by now.

After ensuring Laura was still faring well, Rachel turned her attention back to Jeremy, who offered a small, melancholy smile. Returning it with a sympathetic one of her own, Rachel hoped to convey that she harbored no ill feelings toward him. As Jeremy explained his presence in the park, Rachel couldn't help but feel surprised that he sought to escape the memory of a woman he loved deeply. Despite her memory loss extending only four years, Rachel struggled to comprehend why anyone would willingly relinquish such precious memories, no matter how painful they might be. Jeremy mused about fate's ironic sense of humor, remarking how it led him to Rachel, who bore a striking resemblance to his lost love. A stretch of silence enveloped them as their gazes interlocked, his eyes seemingly probing for... something elusive. What exactly, she couldn't discern. Perhaps the memory of someone he'd lost, akin to the man in the bookstore."Grief is the shadow cast by the magnitude of love, a testament to its depth and enduring presence," she murmured. "Or so I've read. I count myself fortunate to have little to grieve, and for that, I'm deeply grateful. Especially for my daughter... the one you pointed out. I can't fathom what life would be like without her."

"But... even if fate has a twisted sense of humor, perhaps I could offer you a stranger's perspective from the outside looking in,"
Rachel spoke softly, observing his reaction before continuing, "Memories are often taken for granted, even when they shatter your heart, even when they're all you have left. Instead of seeking to escape them, shouldn't we strive to honor and cherish them for as long as possible? Perhaps then, even in the presence of loss, you might rediscover joy in the things that once echoed their presence." Her voice maintained its gentleness, hoping her words resonated. "It may be bittersweet, but within that embrace of sorrow, you may unearth cherished fragments of a life well-lived along that journey." It was a journey she could not take and for that, she envied a man she didn’t even know. He was yearning for the love he lost and she couldn’t even remember the ones she may have lost or maybe didn’t even lose. It was all so confusing.
with: BOO! BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Ballroom

Lucas Sullivan

ezgif-2-200728274c-gif.1145038
Lucas was glad to hear Michael and Liam had spoken. Whilst Liam was his cousin, the two had very different personalities and Lucas knew his cousin was more on the introverted side - less proactive when it came to making social plans and hanging out. Hearing he might be doing some work for a lady prompted Lucas to quirk a playful eyebrow. "He's off with a lady, hey?" he joked. Despite his teasing, he turned serious and nodded in understanding for the reason Liam wasn't with them at the fashion show.

When J.J. pointed out Collin was popular between him and Michael, Lucas glanced away for a brief moment. He then grinned at mention of Jane and Arabella also taking part. "I'll be sure to give them my attention too, of course," he assured him.

Michael soon drew his attention to the blonde woman on stage and Lucas looked ahead to see his cousin, Savannah, on the catwalk. "Oh yeah, she's a pro at this and the dress looks beautiful," he commented along with Michael's comments. When Michael then asked him and J.J. if they hadn't wanted to take part in the fashion show, Lucas quickly shook his head. "Oh, hell no. Whilst I'd love to walk around in some of the clothes, I don't have the ability to walk on that runway with any sense of style. It would be comedic more than anything," he remarked. He then laughed along when J.J. called himself clumsy and said he didn't want to hog the limelight. "Oh, those are wonderful Porter cheekbones, J.J.. Nobody else would stand a chance," he commented. "What's your excuse for no being up there, Michael?" he returned the question.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Michael) Bellz Bellz (J.J.)

The Ballroom

Zachary Costa and Damian Nicolosi
...and Grant

1709081590540-png.1147111
Zachary was good at reading the body language of others, which was why he'd quickly picked up on Jane's nervousness. Clearly, it was anxiety about her role in the fashion show, but he surmised from it that she was likely one of the more vulnerable of the group in the room. It was why he'd set his sights on her. Not so much to harm her, but more to hold her fate in his own hands instead of letting Damian sink his twisted claws into her. Zachary would always do the jobs Ezekiel handed him, but minimising the suffering of innocents was something he hoped to do where possible. Having been manipulated and beaten by his own father when he was a child made him less inclined to harm kids if he had the power. Jane certainly wasn't a child, but she didn't come across as remotely involved in Porter and King businesses. She was needed to get Ezekiel's message across, but she wasn't the enemy like many people at the show tonight were.

Zachary cracked an amused, yet charming grin when Jane blushed and struggled to answer his question. He knew he was attractive and he had little trouble in getting women's attention, but he rarely gave in to it. If they knew the truth about him, they'd rethink being attracted to him on looks alone. When Jane finally told him it was her first time modelling, he sent her a reassuring smile. "I'm sure you'll do great. You certainly look the part," he assured her. When she then asked him how long he'd been a security guard, he found her wording amusing but he kept a straight face to avoid belittling her. "I've been doing this for 15 years now," he answered her. It was a truthful answer, given he'd first took on security work for Carter Technologies back when he was 19. Back then, it had been legitimate work for a fully legal company owned by Isaac Carter. Of course, things had changed and escalated since then.

When Collin then asked him how long until the fire alarm would be fixed, Zachary shifted his eyes to the young man wo seemed more suspicious of his motives. "I wouldn't blame your uncle. Alarms trip like this all the time - I've often had to attend to them in the middle of the night," he explained, but stopped short of joking they should have invested in a Carter manufactured system. Seeing movement at the external fire door he hadn't properly closed, Zachary fixed his eyes on Collin to answer his question. "It should be fixed very soon... Help has arrived," he informed him.

As Damian, Julia and Grant entered the room, with Damian closing the fire exit behind them, Zachary moved to grab Jane from behind. With his arm tightly around her waist, he held her in close to him from behind and brought his handgun up to the side of her skull. "Everyone is going to stay calm. Do you understand?" he firmly commanded those in the room as he drew their attention to Jane's predicament.

Gripping the AR-15 in his hands, Damian's attention immediately shifted to the most familiar person in the room. "Shona King. It's been a while," he greeted her with an unsettling smile. When they'd last met, the Kings had been working with the Morettis against the Irish Mob. Granted, Spencer himself had found Damian to be creepy, but at that time, the Morettis had been the best way for the Kings to protect themselves against the Irish. Things had certainly changed in that alliance the moment Savannah was shot and Callum taken from her under Damian's lead. "Spencer King's wife," he said, pointing at the woman in question for his teammates' benefit. "And Syd Porter's daughter," he added, pointing to Jane who was being restrained by Zachary. "We've hit the jackpot here!" he gleefully announced.

Bellz Bellz (Julia, Collin) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Jane, Shona)

The Ballroom

Savannah Vaughan

1709492894841.pngSavannah loved the flowing ballgown she was wearing to walk out on the runway in, but something didn't feel right with the fastening at the back. Wanting to avoid any kind on slip up on stage, she'd beckoned Roxie over to help fixed up the issue and avoid any potential cost of dignity that a wardrobe malfunction could lead to. Given some of her family members were in the audience watching, there was added pressure for her part to run smoothly. Like with everything she'd done over the years, her nerves always kicked in worst when she had to perform with family watching. Granted, it was more extended family tonight, comprising mostly of her cousins, along with Callum's father, Alex, and the other King members. Savannah had understood why Liam didn't want to be there, but she was annoyed Emery didn't make the effort to see her on stage given it wasn't often Savannah stayed around in London for long. Callum had wanted to be there, but Savannah wanted to keep her son away from the first social event the Porters and Kings were holding together. Not only because of past attacks at family gatherings, but also in case any old dirty laundry got dragged up between the two families who were at one time at war.

Savannah did her part on the runway full of confidence and without any issue. Returning behind the curtain, she found Roxie and returned her best friend's bright smile. "Thank you," she said as she reached out to give her a quick hug. "You and your tape are lifesavers," she agreed. She nodded at the suggestion of returning to the dressing room. "Maybe I could give Jane a quick boost of encouragement before we catch up?" she suggested. She knew how it felt to be anxious before going out on stage, so she didn't want her goddaughter to suffer like that.

When they walked behind the curtain to the dressing room door, Savanah was surprised to find the door closed. Then, when she tried and failed to push it open, a wave of anxiety overcame her. Her thoughts switching between memories of the night she was abducted on stage by Steve, and memories of the Halloween party where Danny was shot and almost killed. She felt her heartbeat racing in her chest as she tried more frantically to open the door. Hoping it was just a misunderstanding, she knocked on the door to try get the attention of those in the dressing room. When there was no response, she turned to Roxie and pointed aside. "There's another door to the dressing room. Come on..." she told her. For some reason, even behind the curtain, she felt exposed and vulnerable whilst remaining trapped on stage.

Bellz Bellz (Roxie)

The Ballroom

Spencer King and Logan Thomson

1709492884109.pngKlaus explained how the usual activity they'd expect had been quiet, adding that the political and psychological tactics of the Carters were difficult to monitor. Interpol didn't have the authorisation to delve into those areas, with all of the paperwork and other agencies hindering them. "Well, I'm not really into asking permission for this shit," Spencer remarked. He wasn't a fan of asking for permission, nor being bogged down by bureaucracy. He was at least glad Klaus acknowledged the hoops Interpol had to work under were shit.

When Klaus questioned if he'd noticed anything unusual during the unplanned meeting with Ezekiel, Spencer thought for a moment. Wesley's joke about blueprints to the Death Star evoked a smirk from him, but he lightly shook his head. "No, I've got those tucked away under my mattress," he remarked. "Problem is, as we've identified, that with me an' the others gone, Ezekiel managed to worm his way into my pharma company under the guise of legitimate business. Everything he's seen in those years doesn't link to what we're all doing here now nor the criminal side of the business which we had to clear out from there in '85. But still, he's had more insight into King Remedial over the years, so he's got an upper-hand if he wants to attack there first. We've changed all of the security systems now," he began, aware some of the equipment had been Carter Tech and therefore a vulnerability to the Kings. "We've done a complete systems overhaul, strengthened security and prepped my employees. But that's all just to secure the pharma side of things. As for our mission... I'm as in the dark as you as to what he knows and what his next move is."

When Wesley then asked why they were waiting for Ezekiel to make the first move, Spencer shrugged his shoulders and pointed to Klaus. "Why indeed?" he asked. "If all of our men and women are trained, prepped, ready... I'm all for attacking the Carters with all we've got. Show Ezekiel my family and the Porters can't be run out of town like anyone else who has challenged the Carters before us."

Logan entered the ballroom and made his way over to Spencer to check in with him as planned. He didn't have anything out of the ordinary to report, although the encounter with Jeanie and Syd was weighing heavy in the back of his mind. He felt like it was something Spencer needed to know, but at the same time, there were perhaps details Spencer would rather not hear tonight!

"Sorry, guys..." Logan addressed the three men, hoping he wasn't interrupting too much. "Just checking in. All is good at the front of the building," he confirmed, reporting on the area he'd been assigned.

"You've not been getting distracted, then?" Spencer remarked, but maintained eye-contact to show there was some seriousness to his question.

"What? No," Logan replied, feigning offence. "Although, I did just have a chat with Syd and--" Before Logan could at least give a little heads up on what had just happened with Jeanie and Syd, he noticed Spencer's attention had wandered away from him.

Spencer had seen Savannah and Roxie step into view a short time after the former had been on the catwalk. They hadn't been able to return to the dressing room from either door and had now walked into his distant view. He picked up on some kind of agitation from the blonde, prompting him to stand up. "Keep watch here - pay attention," Spencer ordered Logan. He shot Klaus and Wesley a concerned glance, though part of him expected there wasn't really anything to worry about. No doubt it was some wardrobe or make-up trouble.

Spencer walked quickly across the room positioning himself as though to block both Savannah and Roxie from anyone in the crowd. "What's going on?" he asked the two women. They weren't where they should be at this point in time and that was concerning to him.

Bellz Bellz (Klaus, Wesley, Roxie)

The Ballroom

Syd Porter

1709514716795.png
If she's in the mood, no need to break it
I got the chance and I oughta take it
If she can dance, we can make it
C'mon queenie, let's shake it
Go, go, go, little queenie
Go, go, go, little queenie...

"...Go, go, go, little Jeanie," Syd sang as he finished fastening a fresh nappy around his little girl's legs. She met his smile with a curious gaze, and when he hooked his thumbs around her tiny feet and made them dance in the air, she reached up to pat his hands. Syd couldn’t help but beam down at her, love pouring from his eyes. “Come on, rockstar, up we come!” With a soft whoosh sound, he scooped the baby into his arms and cradled her against his bare chest, feeling the warmth of her delicate skin against his.​

Forget about her
, Syd told himself. You have more important things to focus on right now. But the problem with Jeanie wasn’t something Syd could so easily put out of his mind. There had been a time, long ago, when his love was reciprocated. A time when he and Roxie could play with Jane and Jeanie and there would be laughter and cuddles and smiles. Those memories weren’t fabricated, were they?

Sometimes he wondered if their bond was even repairable. A relationship that had gone down in flames couldn’t be rebuilt just from the scraps of burnt rubble that were left behind. He wasn’t the same man he had been when he was a new parent, nor was Jeanie the sweet, unaffected little girl who used to blow bubbles in her milkshakes until they overflowed. He missed seeing her and Jane together, their constant giggling and whispering to one another. Their mischief used to wind him up sometimes, but now he would give anything to see the twins happy together again. Since Jeanie left without giving an address, Syd had gone round and round in his head with interchanging thoughts of hope and despair over whether they could ever fix what went wrong.

As he stood there, zoning out of the room and into his thoughts, the last thing Syd expected was for Jeanie to approach him after their less than pleasant interaction. So when he heard her voice ask if they would be able to see Jane from where they were, he assumed she was talking to someone else. Logan, most likely. But when he turned to look, he saw that she was alone, and looking right at him. Before Syd could find it in him to respond to her, Jeanie spoke again, seemingly trying to start over.

His eyes returned to the stage, both to watch out for Jane’s appearance and to take some pressure off of Jeanie, but he listened to her intently all the same. She explained to him that he had called her by her old name, a name she had chosen to leave behind for all the weight it carried. Syd couldn’t help but feel disappointed upon hearing that the name Porter - a name which had imbued Syd with pride and strength; a name that had taught him what it meant to love, what it meant to be loved, and had connected him to all the people who gave his life meaning - had only given Jeanie shame and burden. Ever since Jeanie had first left, Syd had been at war with himself over his sense of failure that he hadn’t done enough for her, that maybe his love for her hadn’t inspired her the way his own parents had inspired him. And now, hearing her explain, that guilt was stirred up again. He had failed to make her proud to be a Porter. He had failed to establish within her the connection between that name and the love and community that came with it.

Though he could still taste his recent cigarette, any stress it had relieved him of was already back. He heard the rise in Jeanie’s voice, unable to contain her frustration. He turned to face her, dejection dulling his eyes. “I didn’t know,” he said. His voice was low, and sounded almost as weak as he felt. There was a pause as he fought back a small wave of emotion. “I’m sorry.” He was about to follow with ‘for’, but decided the apology would be too long. He couldn’t list it all. She knew, anyway, the ways in which she had been hurt. “I know it’s not easy, growing up with all this going on around you. I grew up in it, too. And it’s partly what messed me up.” How he wished he had another cigarette. “For some reason, I always think I can protect the people I love,” he admitted, and his eyes suddenly filled with tears. He realised that until now, he had never properly spoken to Jeanie so openly about the family business.

“I know I’ve not been the best father to you,” he went on. “I know I’ve caused you pain, and I also know that you and your mother have had your problems. But you don’t know what it’s like to grow up not being loved, Jeanie. Until your grandparents adopted me, I’d never been hugged, never celebrated a birthday. They brought me into a family where I was wanted, and so of course I idolised them. I wanted to be everything they were, I wanted to do whatever they did.” He paused, and then a small, weary laugh escaped him. “You probably think it’s ridiculous to look up to your parents like that, but it’s true. So, despite all the funerals I went to and injuries I saw, in my heart I was already in it from a young age. I can’t expect you to feel the same way, and I’m glad you never wanted to follow in my footsteps, but…I guess, what I mean to say is, I’m sorry that I ruined the family name for you.” He turned away to watch the stage again just as a tear spilled onto his cheek. “I wish it could mean to you what it means to me. But that’s my fault. And if you want to leave it behind, then I’ll respect that from now on. As long as you understand that I love you. You can never leave that behind.”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Jeanie

The Ballroom

Shona King and Jane Porter

1709852468789.pngTo receive a compliment from a man so handsome himself; to be the object of his twinkling gaze. Out of nowhere, Jane had suddenly become the main character of one of her romance novels. She was practically melting under the radiance of his handsome smile. It was so rare that Jane found herself living out such a fantasy; she was all too often led astray by her own naivité, into the arms of careless, clueless people, and wound up getting hurt or otherwise simply put off. However, the novelty of an unexpected romantic encounter never failed to inspire fresh hope within her. This well-groomed, fashionable, handsome security guard had singled her out in the room, and the attention was making her giddy.

“15 years!” she echoed. She briefly wondered how old the security guard might be - he looked youthful, but not boyish at all. He was all man. “Well, my dad only hires the best,” she said, looking up into his eyes with a flirtatious smile.

The sound of Collin’s voice brought Jane back into the room, and the guard turned his attention instead to him. Jane noticed that Collin seemed impatient for the fire door to be fixed and at first she didn’t understand why, but at his mention of Syd, she concluded that he must just be concerned about the security of the building. She knew her father was highly security-conscious, and given some of the ways in which family members had been killed, she understood why it was such a priority for him and respected him for it. The guard assured Collin that it was a common occurrence for an alarm to trip as that door had, and so was no fault of Syd’s or anyone else’s that it needed fixing. And Jane believed him.

1709852578662.pngThat is, until three more strangers swarmed in from the fire exit. The guard who had been flirting with her suddenly grabbed her from behind, trapping her arms against her body so she couldn’t resist. It took a few seconds for Jane to register what was happening, but when she heard the menacing click of the safety catch next to her ear, she began to panic. “Mam!?” Her eyes darted around the room, but Roxie still wasn't back from tending to the wardrobe emergency on the stage. Part of her was terrified that the door had been locked, separating everyone in the room from potential rescue; another part was terrified that it wasn't and that her mother was about to return only to land herself in danger with the rest of them. Without her parents around, Jane instead looked to Shona for help, her eyes brimming with terror.

Shona’s maternal instincts kicked in immediately and she pushed Collin behind her without a second thought. To her knowledge, nobody in the room was equipped to handle themselves in a hostage situation. She had to assume that neither Collin, Jane nor Arabella had any experience in defending themselves, and so, as the eldest of them all, she felt responsible for keeping them safe. One of the men who had entered the room was one she recognised from her past. He noticed her just as quickly, speaking her name aloud as if informing the others of who she was. But she said nothing in response - only met his smile with a fierce glare.

Damian further introduced her as Spencer’s wife before pointing Jane out as being Syd’s daughter. “You think you’ve hit the jackpot?” she said with a dry chuckle. “You know how many people will be queueing up to kill you if you touch a hair on any of these kids’ heads?” Shona looked between the men, still keeping Collin behind her with one hand. “If you know what’s good for you, you’ll leave. Now. Before you make a big fuckin’ mistake.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Zachary, Damian...and Grant
Bellz Bellz Collin
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Arabella

The Statesman
~ South Bank, London ~

Emery Callahan

1709248677903-png.1147496
Perhaps she was going soft in her age, but Emery was finding herself drawn to the playful and at one moment goofy essence Dawson was giving off. It was a refreshing change from men playing it cool and acting macho around her. Whilst she knew her personality could lead them to behaving in such a way, it felt nice to be around someone who was being himself from the moment she'd first met him.

When Dawson joked about getting Liam's approval before their date, Emery let out a dry laugh. "Oh, please. He's nearly 20 years younger than me. If anything, he should have asked my permission before going out to play tonight," she joked. "You just focus all of your energy on impressing me tonight, Mister."

When they arrived at the restaurant, Emery was in awe at the place Dawson had chosen to take her. She was no stranger to money and being able to afford the finer things in life, but for the man to take her somewhere so fancy it felt like he was really making the effort. "This place is gorgeous," she beamed as she appreciated the building and area around them.

Upon entering the restaurant, Emery thanked Dawson as he held the door for her. After offloading her coat, she walked alongside the man as they were led to their table. The table Dawson had booked was in a quiet part of the restaurant where they had an amazing view of the river. Emery hesitated to sit down as she took everything in and the fact Dawson had gone to so much effort for her. People usually just took her out to some pub or loud nightclub. Whilst she enjoyed a dive bar and tucking into some junk food, she found people took that as it being the only thing she enjoyed. They maybe even assumed she didn't like the finer things in life and being treated like a princess... like Savannah. For a brief moment, she felt like a fraud who didn't deserve to be spoiled the way she was with Dawson. Before she could make things awkward, she snapped back to the present and took her seat at the table.

Holding the menu, she smiled and nodded when Dawson told her to order whatever she wanted. "Oh, for sure it's going to be steak," she told him, a mischievous smile on her face. When the waiter came to take their drinks orders, Emery reminded herself this was somewhere nice and she didn't need to be downing pints this evening. "I'll have an espresso martini, please," she requested.

With the waiter gone, Dawson expressed his hopes that the restaurant was to her taste. "Are you kidding? This place is amazing! Now, I'm not about being spoiled and don't expect you to go splashin' out on me, but this is refreshing. I love a dirty old bar, but that's the easy way out. Props to you for making the effort," she reassured him. "I just need to be on my best behaviour, huh? Put on my posh voice and everything," she joked.

Emery caught the fond gaze he was sending her, which prompted her to smile somewhat bashfully back at him. "I'd have been crazy not to give you another chance. Beautiful gifts and restaurant aside, I'm glad you wanted to see me again. You're a klutz I'd love to get to know more," she admitted, now her time to allow her gaze to linger on him. Clearing her throat, she briefly glanced away. "Have you been dating much since the split?" she curiously asked, recalling he'd mentioned his divorce. "Do I need to be shooing women away from you?"

Bellz Bellz (Dawson)

~Greenwich Park, London~

Jeremy Gray
43dc3295752188e9eb27b6e88779756d.jpg
As the moments passed between them and she didn't run, Jeremy slowly felt more sure that she would stay for the time being, at least if he could get himself under control. He silently watched Laura and the other kids playing, listening carefully to what the woman had to say. It felt all too real, all too familiar, and oddly alien at the same time. It was like listening to Harper but something was wrong. He remained quiet for a long time, a stillness seeping over him a bit at a time as her words sank into his brain and swam around like fish, mindless and with a purpose all at once. He was not sure what to expect, what he wanted of her, what he wanted of himself, but now he knew he could not just walk away. Life would not be the same again after today. He would be left with a lingering thought that maybe, just maybe, she was alive in this woman.

Eventually her words reached his drowned mind, sinking in. He gave her a genuine if not small smile, nodding as he sat back breathing a bit easier now. There was still a stoic desolation to him, as if he alone were locked out of a world that could never accept him. She wasn't wrong, he wanted to cherish Harper's memory, but it was painful to do so. In a low voice, he quietly responded to her. "I try not to take them for granted - but if you have never had to deal with the pain, forgive me for saying you have no idea what you're talking about. Memories can be the most incredible, amazing thing, but also the most painful and debilitating thing you've ever experienced. I came out today to walk with her, to retrace the steps we had taken so often together, to revisit each one in its own time. It was worth it, mind you, but even the strongest man - or woman mind you - has their breaking point. The strongest of stone can still be worn down by the slightest wind if it blows long enough." He stared off into the distance as images of his life with Harper danced in his mind.

Harper sat in the hospital bed, pink cheeked and as beautiful as he'd ever seen her. Her hair was a mess and the bed wasn't much better, but in her arms rested the most beautiful baby boy he'd ever seen… It was Bucky's first birthday and he was happily tearing into a piece of cake as he smashed it everywhere. Harper sat beside him, laughing at her son as he reached out to touch her with icing covered hands. Her amazing smile turned to him, and he could see the light of the world shining out of her eyes when she looked at him. A soft, sad sigh escaped his lips. He missed her so much. He was being honest, even the strongest person would be undone by such intense loss. He came back to reality as he realized how much time had passed. "No, a love that intense… if you've never felt it you'd never understand. It's like someone has taken your heart and smashed it to dust. The years pass and you keep waiting for it to get easier, but it doesn't, you just grow numb. The numbness takes over the day to day, and when you're alone in the silence of a house that was once so full you are left with the ghost of their memory and it follows you, keeping that wound open and bleeding."

He found her eyes again, still searching for some flicker of recognition he wasn't receiving but hoping against hope that she would. Absent mindedly he reached up and pulled a necklace out from under his shirt. A locket jingled into view, his fingers rubbing it with a touch of anxiety. He'd found it in Harper's jewelry box after her accident, a gift he had given her. Since he had found it, he had only taken it off for showers. The necklace had tarnished around his neck, the silver a dull color, but the engraving on the front was bright from constantly being rubbed with his fingers. A faint J & H was just visible in the glint of the light. Suddenly realizing that he could maybe help explain the craziness of her similarity to Harper, he popped it open, turning towards the woman as he held the locket out from himself.

Inside was a picture of Harper and Bucky on one side and a younger Jeremy on the other. Harper had carefully placed the pictures in there after she received it, leaving Jeremy grateful that she had because he hadn't thought to do it before hand. "This was her - her and our son. She's got quite a bit of family here, so maybe if you can understand why you're appearance is so shocking for us, you won't be caught off guard if you run into someone else in the future." Realizing that she probably couldn't get a good view without leaning in too close he reached back and unclipped the chain before clipping it back together and handing it to her. What he expected to happen he wasn't sure, but at least maybe she would understand why she was having an effect on him and possibly others in the future.

Bellz Bellz - Devil in an Angels clothing

Last edited:
The Ballroom
~Covent Garden, London~
Arabella Bellamy

1709994788631.jpeg
Nothing could’ve prepared small town girl Arabella Bellamy for the extravagant life her best friend seemed to live. Private jets, grand houses, fancy cars. In Germany she was well aware that the Porter family were well off but she never thought it‘d be like this. How she’d gone from being covered in flour to walking down a runway she would never know yet here she was; sitting in a chair while one person did her makeup and another her hair. The dress she was fitted to wear in front of dozens of people wasn’t something she would have ever worn, but looking at her reflection she questioned herself. She filled it out quite nicely and the corset section showed off curves she didn’t even know she had. Ari was aware that she was attractive and that men swooned over her. But this? This was something different entirely. Like her beauty had been enhanced and for a second it freaked her out.

Shona’s soothing voice calmed her down, however, and Ari was able to blink away the anxiety. “Oh, thank you,” she whispered, fiddling with her fingers. Remembering she was in a room full of people she quickly snapped her head up and looked in the mirror. “This is so surreal,” she leaned forward in her seat so she could inspect closer. The blend of her eyeshadow and the way everything just went together. It was the perfect combination and contrast and she was just overall awestruck. She turned her attention to Jane then and gave her a genuine smile. “Thank you, Jane, but you always look your best. Some days I look like I’ve just woken up And it stays like that all day.” Ari had been trying her best to spend time with the people J.J. held close to his heart and Jane was one of them. Shopping trips, brunches, sleepovers just because. Ari still felt like if Jane wasn’t related to J.J. that the two of them would be friends; at least, that’s what she hoped. Ari followed suit then and stood from her seat running her hands down the front of her dress. “Mine has straps and I still feel like mine are bound to fall out.” Ari then double checked to make sure they wouldn’t before turning to Jane. “But your dress looks pretty secure. And if it does fall you have nothing to worry about. You’ve got the best set of tits around.” As soon as the words left her mouth, Ari’s hand went up to it. “I didn’t mean to say that, I’m so sorry.”

As time went on the reality of what she was about to do began to settle in. The same was said of Jane, who began to feel a bit self-conscious about it all. She questioned herself and began to voice hypotheticals and Ari shook her head. “Don’t even say things like that. You’re going to go out there and make that runway your bitch.” While she was saying this to Jane she was also trying to force herself to believe it. She’d be lying if she said she was confident she’d make it down the runway too. J.J. was out there, wasn’t he? He’d never seen her like this and Ari was unsure if she wanted him to or not. Swallowing the nervous lump that had formed in her throat, she smiled at Jane. “And you’ll have a familiar face right behind you. I’m not sure if you’re allowed to look back but who cares? Look back if you need a friendly face.” When Roxie began to step in to calm down her daughter Ari fell back and did one last once over. Her eyes drifted toward the door when Zachary made his way inside, informing them of the false alarms. Just before she turned back to herself, she and Jane made eye contact and she watched was Jane’s face lit up. Ari raised an amused and inquisitive brow at her friend before playfully fanning her face with her hand.

The next event happened faster than Ari could really react to it. The man who had just made Jane swoon was now holding her tightly with a gun pressed against her skull. Ari hadn’t even noticed the three other strangers joining Zachary - her attention had been solely focused on Jane. The girl’s face mirrored her own, Ari’s heart beating faster than she’d ever felt it before. She glanced over to Shona, who didn’t at all seem to be afraid. As if she were used to this kind of thing. The way she spoke to them and tried to get them to back down; she definitely wasn’t afraid. Ari? Ari was shitting bricks. Tears had begun to well up in her eyes and her breathing grew erratic. However, she knew she had to keep it together. They would shoot her otherwise, right? Or one of the others? She couldn’t have that blood on her hands because she couldn’t calm down. Hell, she couldn’t have HER blood on her hands because she couldn’t relax. But, here she was. Tears streaming down her face no doubt messing up her perfectly done make up. She couldn’t even speak or utter any sort of word - stood paralyzed with fear.

The Ballroom
(outside dressing room door)

Roxie Porter

ba5ec7c6e134f3baee18891482c73c2b432fbb1d.gif
"I'd really appreciate it if you could, and I know Jane would be thrilled to hear it directly from you," Roxie expressed in response to Savvy's suggestion of talking to Jane about her runway anxiety. She was beaming as they approached the dressing room door, but her smile quickly faded when they found it closed. Uncertainty washed over Roxie's face as she glanced at Savannah, trying not to jump to conclusions, though anxiety started to build within her. The room felt suffocating, closing in on her. Watching Savvy take charge, she attempted—and failed—to open the door. She scanned the surroundings, wondering where the security guard had disappeared to, feeling a cold sweat forming. "Did Shona close this for some reason?" she pondered aloud. But as Savannah knocked on the door, each thud felt like a punch to Roxie's chest, her breath being forced out. It seemed unlikely Shona had closed it. With no response, Roxie bit her lip, her eyes burning, and called out to her daughter on the other side of the door—or at least, she hoped Jane was there. "Janey, honey? Let us in!" Her words were drowned out by the pounding of her heartbeat in her ears, making it hard to hear herself. Deciphering Savannah's words, who seemed just as shaken, was even more difficult.

Roxie found it easier to read her lips. Another door…Come on…. Nodding in understanding, Roxie took a deep breath, feeling the tightness in her chest, and placed a hand on her left side before hurrying alongside Savvy as fast as she could without stumbling. "Savvy, there was a man who went in there with them," Roxie gasped, her breath heavy. "He looked like he was part of security!" When they reached the other door, Roxie gripped the handle, pushing and pulling desperately until she finally shouldered it in frustration. "Damn it!" she cursed, ignoring the pain in her shoulder as she turned to Savvy. "They were all inside, and he was heading in. Now..." Roxie couldn't finish her sentence as tears welled up in her eyes. "We need to find Syd and Spencer," she said, her voice trembling as she clung to the door handle, staring at it as if willing it to open, even though she knew it wouldn't.

Roxie dabbed at her under eyes, attempting to anchor herself in the present moment. Perhaps it was all just a misunderstanding, and she was overreacting? But her mind refused to believe it, and the expression on Savvy’s face confirmed her fears. Both doors were firmly locked. Roxie clenched her teeth, suppressing any overt display of emotion as they emerged into the sight of others. Her countenance turned stoic momentarily, her gaze flitting across the room, landing on a few unfamiliar faces. How many among them could be involved in whatever was unfolding? The room seemed to swirl around her, inducing a wave of nausea. She saw two Spencers when he approached them, doubling her vision.

Blinking rapidly, Roxie shook her head, focusing until the duplicate image merged into one. Only then did she speak, her voice strained with emotion. "I left to help Savvy with a wardrobe issue, we walked back to the dressing rooms after her walk and the door closed and locked." Roxie's composure faltered, her voice thick with emotion."A man who looked like he was with security was walking past me. But I didn’t think anything of it in my hurry. He never crossed my path again in that small corridor!" Tears trickled down her cheeks as she continued, "They’re all back there with that man, I think. But no one would answer or open the door, Spencer. I’m so sorry, I should have stopped him. Or asked him for some sort of identification!" She was overwhelmed with remorse, not only for her daughter, Arabella, and Collin, but also for Shona. Roxie felt like the epitome of failure for ignoring her instincts at that crucial moment. All she could think about was how scared they must be. She told Jane she would be right back and Roxie felt like she’d never see her little girl again.
with: Spencer/Savvy ; Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Syd and PRECIOUS JANEY BABY! Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Beautiful Arabella Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess </3 all of this is trash.
also -- (That's a lot of S's)

Locked Inside Dressing Room :(

Collin McCarthy
Julia Avvocata

tumblr_nc02q1SY6C1rayuy6o1_250.gifv
Despite the reassurance, Collin remained unconvinced. No amount of reassurance could alleviate the unease in his chest, the fear of speaking aloud the lurking possibilities. He hesitated, refraining from voicing his concerns, instead seeking validation from Shona and Arabella. Lost in his thoughts, Collin failed to notice Zachary's gaze towards the fire exit door, where he claimed help had arrived. As three individuals entered and closed the door behind them, Collin tensed, blurting out, "What the hell?!" He moved to act, but Zachary had already seized Jane, pressing a handgun against her temple. Driven by a mix of bravery and sheer instinct, Collin surged forward, prepared to defend her against the rush of adrenaline and fear coursing through him. Collin found himself abruptly halted by Shona, a move that, in hindsight, was likely for the best. Panic gripped Jane as she called out for Roxie, and Collin's gaze shifted towards the locked door, a grim realization settling in—he knew any potential help had likely been neutralized. The sickening feeling in his stomach intensified as he pieced together the implications. There was knocking on the door, shouting, and then it was gone.

Zachary's demand for calmness met Collin's defiant expression, though he remained silent, his eyes darting between Zachary and Jane. Desperately, he attempted to reassure Jane through silent gestures, taking deliberate deep breaths to steady her nerves. Tears threatened to overwhelm him, triggered by the sight of Jane and Arabella's tears. Despite his efforts to control them, a few managed to escape. Arabella appeared on the verge of fainting, a stark reminder of her unfamiliarity with such situations—a contrast to Collin, Jane, and Shona, who were accustomed to such threats. Silently, Collin mouthed, "It's going to be okay," to Arabella, hoping to offer some semblance of comfort before Damian's voice pierced through the tense atmosphere.

944eba9d2d070b0fce5ab9935f4b76c6.gif
Collin turned his gaze towards Shona, who remained steadfast behind him, as Damian's voice rang out, his smile unsettling. The gleeful proclamation of their supposed "jackpot" sent a shiver down Collin's spine, leaving him apprehensive about what lay ahead. It was evident that they were unaware of the identities within the room when Zachary first arrived, and now that they were enlightened, Collin's stomach churned with dread. While he admired Shona's bold defiance towards their adversaries, he couldn't shake the feeling of nausea, the room suddenly feeling oppressively warm. On the other dressing room door, he could hear shouting again, loud knocking and banging...and then nothing.

A sharp, feminine laugh erupted behind Damian and Grant as someone stepped into view. Julia's smile, while not as manic as Damian's, held a glint in her eyes that hinted at instability. Clutching her firearm, she caressed it affectionately. "Leave? Now? That's bullshit!" Julia clicked her teeth three times, her tone taunting, "But we're just getting started, Shona!" She sauntered to Arabella, her voice dripping with menace. "A lot of bravado for someone outnumbered." With a mock gunshot noise, she pointed the gun directly at Arabella's forehead before moving to stand behind her, ensuring she remained still. ""Such lovely hair, dear. But, alas, we're a pack of lunatics with a death wish!" Julia yanked a handful of Arabella's hair, forcing her neck back towards the gun barrel positioned at the nape. "Move, and your pretty little brains will decorate the room, understood?" Humming to herself, Julia glanced between Damian and Shona. "Your band of basketcases can join the queue of those eager to end us, darlin’. But they'll have to wait their turn; the vans are out back."

"This kid looks like he’s about to hurl."
Julia said, looking at Collin with a face of disgust, "I ain’t lettin’ no kid puke in the van. We got a trip to make."
with: Shona Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Arabella Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Damian/Zachary....and Grant Misty Gray Misty Gray

The Ballroom
(In the far corner near the entrance)

Jeanie Porter

Jeanie found herself at a loss for words. Throughout her life, her father had been the one to apologize for his actions. She had grown accustomed to his apologies being offered up like last week's spoiled Chinese takeout, easily discarded. Yet, at this moment, he acknowledged the challenges she faced growing up amidst their tumultuous circumstances. For a brief moment, Jeanie's restless leg ceased its trembling, as she felt a glimmer of understanding. The constant crowds, the looming threat of confrontation—her father recognized it all. Although she knew he battled similar demons, perhaps even more intensely than she did, hearing him articulate it aloud brought a sense of validation. Still, she couldn't shake the unease settling in her chest, her breaths becoming heavier as she observed tears welling in his eyes.

He then raised the topic of Grandpa James and Grandma Lucy, two individuals Jeanie cherished almost as deeply as Jane. There was a time when she held her parents in the same high esteem. Shifting her weight from foot to foot, Jeanie grew increasingly uneasy in this conversation. Nevertheless, she sealed her lips shut, her right leg maintaining its restless rhythm as she absorbed her father's narrative about his own parents' love for him and the hardships he endured before they entered his life.

Jeanie felt a pang of guilt, acknowledging she had never experienced deprivation—deep down understanding the depth of love surrounding her. It was unmistakable, her father's love. He poured it onto his children with an intensity unmatched by anyone she knew. The tears in his eyes, his heartfelt apologies—they all spoke volumes about his love for her, for Jane, and for the rest of them. But what she lacked, the empty fridge, the nights in darkness when the power bill went unpaid—it wasn't his fault. It was hers.

She refrained from disagreeing when he acknowledged his shortcomings as a father and her struggles with her mother. Both had inflicted considerable pain on her, leaving her with feelings of abandonment accumulated over the years in that household. Jeanie constantly found herself vying for attention she knew she wouldn't receive. While she comprehended that she hadn't experienced being unloved, she understood all too well what it felt like to be disregarded, to be virtually invisible. Without acting out, attention simply eluded her, relegating her to the background. Some days, blending into the scenery felt preferable; other days, it only exacerbated her sense of isolation.

Jeanie failed to see the humor in her dad's laughter, despite her earlier display of vindictiveness. He remarked that she likely found idolizing her parents absurd. There was a time when Jeanie did look up to her Dad more than she ever let on during her moody teenage years. However, each time he ended up in the hospital, it drove a wedge between them, pushing her father further away. For her, pretending that he was dead seemed easier than facing the possibility of losing him for real. Adding to the strain was her mother's habit of covering up the truth with sweet little lies, attempting to smooth things over in her trademark manner—a gesture that Jeanie found insulting to her intelligence. She yearned to know what was ailing him, yet she remained in the dark, just like all the other kids.

Driven by anger, she found the motivation to sever their relationship for her well-being, watching as the man she once admired transformed into someone she vehemently despised. Distance and her turbulent mental state were the only factors maintaining this rift. Similarly, distance was the sole barrier shielding Jane from her.

Now everything was so fucking convoluted. And she wasn't about to confess to her Dad that perhaps the reason she despised being Jeanie Porter wasn't solely because of his actions—it was also because of hers. It was about the choices she made and how she navigated her own life. The extent to which she loathed herself as Jeanie. It was a constant flux—she oscillated between self-loathing one moment and experiencing euphoric highs fueled by grandiose delusions during beautifully chaotic manic episodes the next.

"I never doubted it, Dad," Jeanie murmured, her voice barely audible. "But I do understand what it's like to feel overlooked in a household that's supposed to be full of love. To feel abandoned, despite assurances that you'd be there." Her voice tightened with emotion, a lump forming in her throat. It was difficult for her to broach the subject, especially knowing what she did now about her father—his efforts and his struggles alike. Jeanie cleared her throat, looking around the room once more…she was about to tell him that she looked up to him at one point -- and the reasoning for why she no longer did in a rare moment of weird vulnerability when two familiar faces caught her eye. "Isn’t that Mam? And Savannah?" She asked curiously, her eyes squinting to see better from across the room.
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

Hard Rock Cafe
~ Piccadilly Circus, London ~

Liam Callahan

1708294505197-png.1145037
Despite Sarah's overbearing presence, Liam couldn't help but smile brightly when he saw Cassie, noticing how good she looked. He let out a quiet laugh when she made her comment about them standing for the Queen.

"He'd better not be like that, if he knows what's good for him," Sarah replied to her daughter. Deep down, she had already determined Liam seemed like a decent lad and not one she should be worried about, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to keep him on his toes.

Liam shook his head when Cassie asked if the older woman had been giving him a hard time. "Oh, nothing I can't handle," he lightly remarked. After seeing Sarah didn't have anything else to say, Liam motioned towards the front door. "Shall we get going?" he asked his date.

As they left the house, the taxi pulled up right on time. "Sorry about the taxi, but I still haven't looked into buying a car since moving to London. I never needed one when I was living in Manchester," he explained. Liam opened the rear door for her and closed it behind her once inside. He then rounded the vehicle to get into the back alongside her. He had received offers from friends and family to pick them up, but Liam wanted to keep his dating life to himself for now. He certainly didn't fancy having the likes of Dermot trying to embarrass him!

Once they arrived at the restaurant, Liam paid the driver and then helped Cassie out of the car. "I figured for our first official date we could head somewhere fun, if that's okay with you? We can always go eat somewhere quieter next time, if you still want to see me again after tonight," he commented, his cheeks blushing a little as he started to become conscious of his awkwardness. "Or we can go somewhere quieter now, if you prefer?" he quickly added.

"I also thought we could go see a movie after or go watch a live band at one of the clubs. Which would you prefer?" he asked her. Even though it was so easy to make plans and hang out with her as friends, he suddenly felt more reserved about it now they were on an official date.

neverbackdown neverbackdown (Cassie)

Rachel Fitz
Ft. Laura Fitz

4d66fc9ca3786cd954c51130da574f1fe62dfc3a.gifv
Rachel didn't take offense at being told she wouldn't understand. She recognized that her perspective on life differed from that of the man before her. Unbeknownst to him, her scope of life was quite limited – only four years' worth of memories and emotions to draw upon. It wasn't a lifetime's accumulation of pain she carried; rather, she felt grateful for the life she had, yet, the sorrow of not knowing her past or origins lingered.

Rachel understood that the man's sorrow stemmed from a different source – the weight of memories, perhaps burdensome yet integral to his humanity. His pain reminded him of his journey from where he had been to where he was headed. In contrast, Rachel often found herself adrift, lacking direction in both retrospection and anticipation.

The man appeared lost in contemplation, perhaps reflecting on the memories he claimed he wouldn't take for granted. Rachel respected his introspection, allowing him the space he needed. She turned her gaze towards the park once more, where her daughter played, finding solace in knowing that Laura would always have a firm grasp on her roots, even if Rachel herself could never reclaim her own beginnings.

Though it felt somewhat selfish to admit, Rachel harbored a deep desire to provide her daughter with everything she lacked – especially in these formative years. She yearned to construct a tapestry of memories for Laura, memories that Rachel herself never had the chance to experience. In doing so, she hoped to live vicariously through her daughter, ensuring that Laura would possess a sense of identity and belonging that would endure long after Rachel was gone. It was a legacy Rachel aspired to leave behind – a gift of memories that would forever be Laura's to cherish.

Finally, the stranger's voice pierced through her thoughts, and Rachel turned to face him, attentive as he spoke of the love he once shared with his late partner. "Sounds unbearable," she murmured, their eyes briefly locking in understanding. Yet, she knew he sought a recognition Rachel knew she couldn't offer, much like the man in the bookstore had done. With a slight tilt of her head, Rachel observed as the man fumbled for something beneath his collar, her curiosity piqued. It was a necklace – a locket, it seemed, delicately held between his fingers. As he opened it, he extended it towards her, prompting Rachel to lean in closer, albeit with a hint of caution, unable to resist the allure of the unknown.

Under the faint glow of the park lights, Rachel struggled to discern the images he presented, allegedly depicting his late wife and their son. The man proceeded to unclasp the necklace, offering it to her. With utmost care, Rachel accepted the delicate silver piece, hesitant to cause any damage. Her brow furrowed slightly as the locket inadvertently closed, her fingers tracing the jewelry's surface as he had. Upon noticing the engraved initials, "J & H," she blinked in surprise before delicately opening the locket to examine the photographs within.

Rachel's eyes widened imperceptibly, her gaze fixated on the photograph as her lips parted in a silent 'o' of astonishment, her breath catching in her throat. While the woman in the picture didn't mirror Rachel's current age, the resemblance was uncomfortably close. Rachel could discern the contours of her own features reflected in the woman's face, evoking a vague sense of familiarity that sent shivers down her spine. Her attention shifted to the little round-faced boy cradled in the woman's arms, and Rachel's thumb instinctively brushed against his image before she withdrew it, absorbing the entirety of the picture once more. A flicker of recognition danced in her eyes, a glimmer of something stirring deep within her subconscious, struggling to emerge into clarity.

Rachel struggled to recall the moment captured in the photograph—the context, the emotions—even though it felt like she could. It all seemed like fragments of a story belonging to someone else's life. As the realization sank in, her eyes welled with tears, a burning reminder that this photo wasn't her reality. This was someone else's. Someone dead.

"I’m so sorry for your loss again," Rachel gasped out, her voice trembling as she fought to control her emotions. She handed the necklace back to the man, her heart heavy with empathy. "Your son is beautiful. And I'm sorry that you and your family are going through such a rough time—but—I’m…" Her words faltered as she rose from the bench, gathering her belongings into the stroller.

"I’m not her. I don't have a family to connect with anyone besides my Laura." Rachel glanced around, her gaze searching for something, though she wasn't entirely sure what. "I don't think I should stay. I should go now...but it was nice meeting you, Mr.—" It dawned on her that she never learned his name. "Uh, I didn't seem to catch your name."

with: Jeremy ( so close but yet so far) BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Statesman
~ South Bank, London ~

Dawson Rogers

415699bf6c34755b98417be76a985c5a.jpg
Dawson's grin widened as Emery expressed her excitement about the chosen location for their date, and he couldn't help but release a subtle sigh of relief. It had taken him far longer than he was willing to admit to settle on this spot, after scouring several areas himself. But her reaction spoke volumes. Learning that she wasn't one to be overly indulged didn't surprise him; he had gathered from their initial encounter that Emery was independent and self-sufficient, preferring to take care of herself the majority of the time.

However, Dawson also understood that even those who relish independence can appreciate being pampered occasionally. Reflecting on his past relationship with his ex-wife, he remembered a time when he could spoil her abundantly. Yet, that relationship soured quickly, plagued by toxicity, her alcoholism, and abusive behavior, leaving him and their daughter neglected and hurt. The divorce had been a painful chapter in his life.

But tonight, amidst the shadows of past struggles, Dawson found a glimmer of hope. As a single parent in his mid-40s, he had resigned himself to the possibility that love might elude him. Yet, this evening reignited a spark of optimism within him, reminding him that perhaps love was still within reach, even after hardship.

"Ah, no need for the posh voice; you blend in here better than I do. Not that you need to worry about that. But you look like a million bucks across the table right now," he complimented her. "And since I clumsily injured you and bought you a drink at a dive bar the first time around, I thought I'd show you that you deserve more than that."

The fond gaze he directed at her never wavered as Emery expressed her willingness to give him another chance. He felt unworthy of such mercy or affection, yet he couldn't help but smile despite his insecurity. A shy laugh slipped out as she admitted he was a klutz she wanted to get to know. His eyes shifted away from her, cheeks turning pink, aware of her gaze upon him.

Emery then inquired about Dawson's dating life since his divorce, playfully suggesting she might need to fend off other women interested in him. A nervous laugh escaped him as he tapped his right index finger on the table, buying himself some time to formulate a response. He hesitated, unsure if revealing she was the first woman he had taken out since the divorce would alarm her. Dawson quickly realized how irrational that concern sounded in his mind. From what he knew about Emery, she didn't strike him as someone easily intimidated by such matters.

Looking away from the silverware on the table, he turned his gaze towards the window, briefly covering his mouth to conceal his embarrassment before meeting her eyes directly. "I haven’t actually," Dawson began, his throat feeling tight. Leaning forward, he offered a lopsided grin as he shook his head. "You're the first woman I've taken out since... since the divorce. I did consider it briefly after we separated, but there was a lot of guilt there."

Dawson's smile reached his eyes as he spoke, saying, "I didn’t feel guilty about any of this, though. After we talked, I had a great feeling, and I just wanted to get to know you. Your smile couldn't escape my mind, you know?" Sensing he might be delving too deeply into his emotions, Dawson jokingly tugged at his collar, adding, "What about you? Surely, I must be contending with other suitors out there? I may not be a tough guy, but I could fend them off if necessary."
with: Emery <3 Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back