• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Coffee Mug
~Bethnal Green, London~

Ryan Browne
9045cfceea3ebb6573cfa37883271752.jpg
Ryan watched the flustered girl with an air of amusement gracing his features. Normally he would have just moved on, left the girl flustered and flapping about as he made a grande exit but there was something intriguing about this woman that made him stay and observe. She wasn't like the girls Ryan normally went after and maybe that's what had him so curious, almost excited to stay and see what happens next. All thoughts of the unnamed girl this morning completely gone from his mind never to be called or thought of again.

He raised an eyebrow as the girl seemed to compose herself, a skill that Ryan deemed impressive but quickly hid it behind a smirk. "Ah nothing to be sorry above love, my morning has been quite boring at least this gave it a little action". Ryan winked at her in a playful manner as he spoke, his tone confident and charming, he wasn't sure what game he needed to play to get this girl or if he even wanted her but it never hurt to add some charm. If anything a groundwork of charm always came in handy down the line.

When she offered to buy him a drink, Ryan for no reason other than putting on an act of being a busy person, checked his watch before giving a small shrug as a gentle smile played on his lips. "Ah I have a bit of time so sure". Ryan took a seat at the table and leaned back comfortably before grabbing a waitress' attention "I'll have an americano and I believe she needs another tea" he nodded towards the empty cup whose contents were now on him and the floor, a playful expression on his face as he looked at the beautiful girl in front of him.

Once the waitress had gone to get their orders, Ryan sat forward slightly to show that his attention was on her as he placed his hands casually on the table. "I'm Ryan by the way" he introduced himself "Are you waiting on someone like a husband maybe or just enjoying the day" he questioned, his tone was easy but he threw in the million dollar question early. Was this going to be worth his time or not

Int: Tea thrower - BasDorcha BasDorcha

Brook's Home
London​
Kathleen Thatcher
MV5BNDIxNWNhZGYtYzgyYi00YTc1LTg5NjItYTA1ZjMyYmFmZDliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDIzMDE5._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
The news that things were not good for Maeve and her husband brought a sad look to her face. It seemed like the illness that was divorce may soon invade her daughter's life as it had her own. Technically, she assumed, she was still married, but he had left her over twenty years ago and for as much as she knew he was dead. After the day he had walked out on them, she never been able to find him again. She nodded along as he explained it was good to be realistic, listening to him speak about his own kid and how he knew there was a good chance he'd never let Trevor back into his life. She prayed that May would one day forgive her and let her back into her life. When she had first gotten clean, she had assumed it would never happen but after years of Narcotics Anon and therapy, she had finally been talked into trying. "People change, Katy, and they can forgive. You just have to try." The words of Dr. Roberts echoed through her head.

Reaching into her purse that hung loosely at her side, she pulled out a letter she had written for her daughter in case she was not home or refused to answer. "Just a moment Trevor…" She dashed past him, running the best she could in the low heels she wore. Without giving it a second thought, she ran right up to the door and tucked the envelope into the door jam, squishing it into the crack that would cause it to fall as soon as it was opened. Hopefully someone would open it from the outside first and see it. As soon as it was good and stuck, she ran back, leaning against the wall to catch her breathe. Her hair had come loose and was falling around her face, her cheeks pinked and eyes bright with unshed tears. With her hands on her knees as she took a few deep inhales, she looked up at Trevor and gave a slight smile. "Thank you for talking to me… Certainly not something I ever thought I'd do again. I promise I'll do my best for Maeve… As much as she'll let me. I'll try."

When he mentioned having a five year old, her smile became brighter. She suddenly imagined him, the handsome man he was standing before her, carrying around a small boy that looked just like him. An instant later she shook the thought away. What was her brain doing? Stop it… This is not the man you knew all those years ago. Looking around again, she searched for any passing cabs but the street was still quiet. Finally she spotted a bus stop a bit past where they were and relief filled her. At least there was a close bus stop for her to take. Looking back up, she noticed he had a set of keys in his pocket, the outline of the bumpy and odd shaped items deforming his pocket. Her eyes attempted to check out something else nearby before she slapped a hand over them and turned a deep, deep shade of red.

Why was she acting like some virgin girl? Determined to hold it together, she removed her hand and looked down the lane, taking a long slow inhale and exhaling it - unknowing how much like Maeve she was acting right now. "Anyways, I'm sure you have a lot to do, yeah? I-I should let you go. Besides, who knows when the bus will come, I should probably get down to the stop and check the times." She turned as if ready to walk away but really only needing a moment not to see him so she could compose herself. Turning back around, she met his eyes with a gentle, endearing look. "Thank you, for being there for her. For loving her, where I failed. I'm glad she found you, and I'm glad she had someone to be there for her. She deserves it."

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Handsome Trevor

The Coffee Mug
~Bethnal Green, London~​
Maeve Brooks
1dba92c3cf71c8c855e1b6d1e9cf2456.jpg
A light laugh graced her lips as he mentioned their interaction bringing some excitement to his morning. She grinned and waved a hand at him, words suddenly flowing from her mouth with ease as the experience she had in the past with handling awkward situations came flooding back. "If actions what you need, I can always order another cuppa." She laughed again, her eyes twinkling a bit - some from the drugs and the glassy eyed look they gave her, some from the youthful feeling she had inside. His wink sent her stomach into butterflies, causing a rosy blush to tint her face. As the waitress came and took their order, she opened her mouth to give hers only to have him order for her. For some reason, it shocked her in a pleasant way. No one had ever ordered for her before and something about it made her backbone tingle all the way up and down her body. The confidence the man oozed was overwhelming almost. Strong, smooth, completely unfettered by the situation, as if he knew he could do no wrong.

The look he gave her as his eyes found hers again was staggering as well. What the hell was going on here? She smiled back, nodding to the waitress who disappeared. When he asked about a husband or "someone like" a husband, reality came crashing back down, shattering her perfectly relaxed exterior. She had forgotten the truth for a moment and it came back with a harsh edge to it. Her eyes quickly looked away and she sighed, nodding ever so slightly before her words contradicted her actions, "Just enjoying the day." She smiled again though less believable this time. She hadn't lied, per say, just hadn't gone the extra distance to clarify that it was both - she had a husband she wasn't waiting on just because she was trying to enjoy the day.

A sudden feeling of need filled her, the need to rise back up on the high that had previously been running through her body but crashed down by the reality that weighed on her. Standing, she forced a bright smile to her face. "Excuse me for just a moment. Need to nip inside for a second." Maeve made her way into the bathroom of the place, closing a stall door behind her. The small bathroom was empty for the moment, which she heaved a sigh of relief about. With shaking hands, she gripped the small baggy of white powder - see she hadn't lied, she technically was powdering her nose - and tipped it out onto a small hand mirror she had also fished out. Nerves guided her, but need drove her, as she pressed a small cut straw to her nose and snorted the drugs up. The lightning strike buzz that shot through her was electrifying.

As the ringing in her ears died down a bit, she finally made her way back outside a few minutes later to see the drinks had arrived. Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes a dead giveaway, a loopy and loose smile on her lips as she returned to her seat. "Sorry about that… I just realized I didn't give you my name. I'm May. It's a pleasure to meet you." Unbeknownst to the woman, a very small dab of white was present under her nose, likely from falling out when she stopped inhaling on the straw. Inexperienced with drugs as she was, she didn't realize the importance of wiping ones nose after such an activity. "What about you, Mr. Ryan, were you on your way to meet someone? Or were you simply 'enjoying the day'?" The words flowed easily now, May feeling a bit like a chatter box with a hundred things to say but holding back.

Warehouse 0517 (Shooting Range)
~ Lower Clapton, London ~

J.J. Porter
Collin McCarthy
72b87a8763250b628c9f906056ffa558.jpg
Collin let out a small laugh as Lucas claimed that he had no idea what J.J. and him were going on about, with the dirty jokes. "Uh huh, sure, we're the perverts." Collin hummed, wiggling his eyebrows at Lucas before Dermot very seriously pointed to the booths. The man was all business and no play. Probably a good thing considering all three of the boys were very much all play and absolutely no business. Good balance. They were each assigned a booth, J.J. took his place in the middle with Collin to his right and Lucas to his left. They were then told to set their guns down beside their ear defenders so they could huddle up a short distance behind Dermot for a demonstration. After doing all of that, the three of them gathered a short distance behind the man as instructed. Collin stood next to Lucas and J.J. beside Collin, J.J. watching Dermot closely while Collin just tried to breathe normally while standing so close to Lucas now.

When Dermot's voice got louder, Collin's attention was thankfully taken away from that. He looked up to see the man pointing his weapon toward a picture that depicted a life-sized human torso and head, with points for specific areas. "Ahh yes, the two-dimensional paper enemy. I've heard of these guys. We just beat them with scissors." J.J. managed to say, causing Collin to let out a small laugh before he quieted down to listen to Dermot. He talked about shooting an actual human, injuring and killing them...wouldn't be so easy. Obviously, that wouldn't be something covered today.

Lucas made a remark and Collin laughed again, and then Dermot added to it, which had Collin laughing a little more just because he knew that the man couldn't hear them very well. J.J. found himself laughing along again and shaking his head before the pair quieted down, "God, we really need to be serious here." He added after he finally controlled himself and Collin nodded in agreement. Dermot luckily took over, demonstrating just how they were meant to shoot someone. Which seemed to have both the chuckleheads now dead serious as they watched intently. Even though they knew the inevitable shot was coming, Collin still jumped at the sound of the two shots. He ground his teeth as he tried to control his racing heart, not moving a hand to his chest but just continuing to grind down on his teeth. That wanker right there would be beyond dead now. Despite all the jokes they made before, Collin wasn't really in the joking mood anymore.

J.J. was still as could be at the sound, though it was hard to think for just a moment. When Dermot turned to them, he managed to get his bearings again but it did take a second. That wasn't great, was it? But that was what he was here for, practice. His mind tried to take him back to a place he didn't want to be but he had to remember he wasn't completely powerless now. Then it was time to head to the booth again, which J.J. walked to slowly. Somehow, the entire thing looked deeper, bigger than it did a few minutes ago. How could that be? The man swallowed the lump in his throat and sucked in a deep breath. Whatever panic he held in his chest, he had to let go of it. After all the trouble he'd caused his parents recently, especially his Ma, he had to just release this. He was here, there was no turning back. With another breath in, and another breath out, J.J. forced himself to grin like he used to as a kid, to convince himself that things were good. Still worked like a charm.

Collin heard as Lucas was called up first and he realized he had more time on his hands to sit and contemplate all of this. Watching Lucas and hearing the conversation between him and Dermot was a bit unnerving, it seemed that he was having the same thoughts as Collin was. About killing someone. And Collin was sure, J.J. was having the same thoughts too. It was heavy, they dove into this head first. They thought about the consequences, yes, but maybe only at the surface level. Collin still jumped with every shot fired, which was not a good thing. So when Dermot turned to him, telling him he was up. The young man paled.
ac4beb807e040deb2a884685aedb94e2.jpg

Putting on his ear protectors, he wondered if that would help him be less jumpy. It was so silent. He could hear his thoughts so clearly and nothing else. Still, Collin ignored them, taking a position just like Dermot showed them, holding the gun as instructed. His hands shook, hell, his arms shook. Collin ground his teeth, knowing his aim would be shit if he couldn't keep still. Taking a deep breath, then another, then another, he aimed for the chest area on the picture and fired, he could still hear the sound of the shot even if it was faint and it still scared him. Due to the shaking in his arms, his aim first ended up hitting past the target to the left, hitting the backboard of the wall on the first try. Mortified, Collin didn't even turn to look at anyone as he sucked in another breath. Holding it in, he squared his shoulders, widened his feet a little more, and made sure to use his dominant eye as instructed. Releasing his breath through his nose, he aimed for the chest again, this time his aim more steady, As he pulled the trigger it hit the picture just below the chest area in the torso.

Knowing he had one more shot, Collin would practice that technique one more time, this time aiming for the head. The idea of shooting someone there made him see double for just a moment but he took his time, allowing himself to breathe until he could see straight. When he could, he pulled the trigger with the release of his next breath. The bullet hit the very edge of the face, right at the chin, just grazing it as he was still shaking. But he tried. He was quick to take off his ear protectors. Once he received any instruction from Dermot, Collin was moving to check on Lucas. "H-hey...you okay? You did great." The blonde cracked an uneasy smile, "I'm...uh...here if you wanna talk. Since Dermot here isn't our emotional support guide." The young man said, his tone soft and teasing as he watched-eyed Lucas before his attention turned to J.J.

J.J. would go next after any further instruction that Collin got from Dermot. He seemed to be still holding it together. Placing his ear protectors on, he took the instructed stance and held the gun as instructed. Any doubts or nerves he had were now lost, though his mind was just a bit blank as he thought of where to aim. Looking at the picture, he made up his mind and just fired. The first bullet landed the lowest, at the bottom of the torso. He shook his head once with dissatisfaction, pulling a face before readjusting his aim a bit. Pulling the trigger the second bullet hit about a little more than 2 inches away from the center of the picture in the torso area again to the right. He kept the same aim, pulling the trigger, but his hands shook causing that one to sway more to the right, hitting the edge of the picture and nowhere that would have caused serious damage. The young man looked disappointed as he pulled off his ear protectors and looked at Dermot.

"More difficult than it looks. You make it look so easy." He said to the man, sounding a bit defeated. "How do you keep the shake from your hands? Or is that just something that goes away with time?"
with: Lucas + Dermot Misty Gray Misty Gray

En Route to Alex's Bar
~ Soho, London ~

Adam Harper

adam.jpgSince the meeting where Syd accepted the leadership position for the Irish Mob and Adam agreed to being his second-in-command, Adam had been busy doing his research and planning. It would have seemed impossible to get the Porters and Kings working with each other if asked some years ago, but Adam was by now more open to the idea it could work. With both families sharing the same goal of taking down the Carters, they were all for the most part motivated to cooperating with each other. Various training sessions had been put into place for the 'recruits' with the likes of Dermot, Jeremy, Hendrik and Olivia delivering training in areas they each had plenty of experience in. Adam wasn't convinced everyone would still be so eager to go ahead with the mission after a few training sessions, but he'd told Dermot and others not to go easy on the training. If they couldn't handle the practice sessions, then they'd be fucked in the real world.

Adam's world of being Syd's second-in-command brought with it many changes to the work Adam would have done in the past. As well as likely being in Dermot's place right now in his old role, Adam was now also unlikely to be throwing himself into the firing line and getting deep into the centre of the action too. He was sure this came as some relief to Blake, of course. Still, it didn't mean his job was any easier - if anything, he expected it could be harder. Not only did he now need to make sure Syd kept his head in check, but today he found himself tasked with spending some time with his Cockney counterpart. Whilst he was sure he and Alex would have an easier job at getting along than Syd and Spencer would, he did still have some reservations. It wasn't just the old war with the Kings that could cause some tension...

Adam had returned Alex's greeting and handshake before getting into the passenger seat of the Londoner's car. When the man explained he was going to do as Spencer was and show him around London, Adam nodded in understanding. Whilst he'd learned quite a bit about London over a decade ago in order to plan attacks against the Kings, this was different. Besides which, a lot changed over 12 years and Adam needed an accurate picture of London from someone who had been there the whole time. When Alex spoke about his security team but asked him to take a look to offer any advice where he might be lacking, Adam understood. "Of course. I'll pay close attention and point out any flaws if I see 'em. Spent most of my life on the lookout for my lot," he commented, having worked for the Irish Mob for decades now. "I've learned there's always room for improvement and if I do point anything out, it's for all of our benefit."

Whilst being driven around the city and shown various routes, Adam took some mental and literal notes of the pathways he'd been shown. They eventually stopped and Alex pointed to a nearby building which housed Alex's apparent favourite business. Adam looked to the pub as Alex spoke, mentioning how important it was to him, and that the kids hung around his office. "Then you'd better show me around the place," Adam told him, understanding the need to make it secure if children spent time there. Adam had stayed silent for a moment as he reminded himself that Callum wasn't Alex's only kid and that the man had children with Kerry too. Bringing him back to the present, Alex lightly hit his chest with the back of his hand and told him he'd get the first drink for free. "I'd best request one of the more expensive drinks, in that case," Adam said, flashing a crooked smile.

Keeping in mind that Alex had invited him to offer up any suggestions, Adam stopped at the main entrance of the pub, taking a moment to inspect the area around the doorway. He eventually stepped inside with Alex, turning to look over the doors and locking mechanisms. "How many other ways in and out are there?" he curiously asked, following Alex to the bar.

Breaking away from his observations for the moment, he watched as Alex got them their drinks. "Listen, I just want to clear something up if we're going to be working together, and getting along." He took a moment to think before nodding. "It was a long time ago, but the last time I saw your wife - Kerry - I was holding a gun to her head threatening to kill her. I would say it was business, but even I had a lapse in judgement and let it get personal. I lost friends and comrades that night. Anyway, what I'm saying is, all that's in the past for me. I know she didn't help Moretti because she wanted to, nor did she have any choice in it. I don't want this to get awkward for her, or us, so if she ever wants me to clear the air, do whatever is needed to make sure things won't get awkward, I'd be up for it. We all need to work together and we're on the same side now. I know Conor already spoke to her at the safe house and I want her to know she has nothing to worry about from me or Blake either. Clean slate and all that if she's willing."

@Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)

The Brooks' House
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Trevor Stewart

1692570040687-png.1109618
Trevor watched Kathleen with curiosity as she reached into her bag and pulled out a letter. When she then excused herself for a moment and rushed back towards the Brooks home, Trevor quirked his eyebrow and watched her head off into the distance, remaining firmly on the spot all the while. I could just ditch now... he thought to himself. Well, no I can't, my car's the way she just went. Looking over his shoulder, he awkwardly shuffled on the spot. Kathleen's presence was screaming red flags to him. He was already involved in May's and Christian's drama, did he really want his daughter to add a drama with her mother to the list and one Trevor would be dragged into too? Did he really have much choice in the matter?

Whether it was because he couldn't get to his car without Kathleen catching him along the way or that he didn't really want to walk away, he was still very much in the same spot when Kathleen returned to him. A smirk crept on his lips as she was out of breath and seemed to be propping herself up against the wall. "You need to work on your cardio," he commented, deciding not to dwell on the built up tears in her eyes. "Doc told me to quit smokin' and exercise more. I only took half of his advice," he remarked, but didn't elaborate.

"No problem," he said when she thanked him for talking to her. "Gotta admit, I never thought we'd speak again either... But now, I'm glad to see you and that you're doing well," he told her. It was clear a whole heap of trauma and stress had filled the years between the day he walked out and now, but she was alive. Laura had died, so he never got to bump into her again or hear she'd defeated her addiction. "Good," he said when Kathleen promised to do her best for May. "I know it's rich coming from me, but I'll taken being a shameless hypocrite and say you'd better do your best. I've come a long way to stay clean for so long and to get some of my family back, so if I get wind you're bringing trouble May's way, or mine, I'll want nothing to do with you," he seriously told her. "Nobody's perfect, we all slip up, but just try, Kathleen," he reasoned.

Trevor noticed Kathleen look towards the bus stop before she then looked back to him. He couldn't help but notice her eyes looking much lower than where his face was, more in the direction of his trouser pockets. The way she then turned red and acted awkwardly made him think it wasn't actually his pockets she was looking towards. He cleared his throat, more to try push aside any tension than to actually say anything. Kathleen spoke again, telling him she was going to go check out the bus times. "Of course. I don't think they come by around here too often so you don't want to miss the next one," he told her.

Trevor let her turn to walk away, but part of him felt glad when she turned back to him and spoke again. "That's okay. I missed most of her life, so I've had a lot of catching up to do for her. Seems like we've both let May down one way or another, but if you commit to this, I'm sure you can make good like I have." Trevor fell silent as he tried to talk himself out of what was now on his mind. He had enough problems to deal with, did he really need to invite more potential drama into his life? It's just a lift home, he told himself. "Hey, where are you living now?" he suddenly asked her. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a box of cigarettes - confirming which bit of his doctor's advice he'd ignored - and then retrieved his car keys. "Balls to the bus, I'll give you a lift home," he told her. "Come on. I won't take no for an answer," he said, pointing back towards May's house where his car was parked on the street.

Assuming Kathleen joined him, Trevor unlocked his car and opened the passenger door for her. He unconsciously placed a light hand on her lower back as he helped her into the car and then closed the door behind her. Getting into the driver's side, he tossed the cigarettes in the centre console of the car. Something caught the corner of his eye and he found himself reaching down near to Kathleen's feet, retrieving a small toy dinosaur from the floor, but accidentally brushing her leg with the back of his hand as he did. "And we were all sure Harry had lost it," he remarked. "Kid's gonna be made up," he fondly beamed. "Oh. Harry is Harrison. He's one of my grandsons," he clarified. "Alright, Kathleen. Where am I taking you, again?" he asked her as he placed the toy on his dashboard.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Kathleen)

Warehouse 0517 (Training Centre)

Hendrik Janssen

1692570009290-png.1109617
Hendrik shook his head when Billy pouted about no special treatment. "I'm sorry, no. I'm a professional and must stay... onpartijdig," he said, pausing to see if his boyfriend understood he meant impartial. When Billy went on to say he'd pulled a muscle whilst building their new bed, Hendrik's expression turned to one of genuine concern. That was, until Billy took his hand and moved it to rest on his butt. "Oh..." he began, flashing a playful smile in return. It was certainly very tempting to him, but given Olivia had only left him a short time ago and they were expecting company, he couldn't give in to those urges in that moment. "I will need to take a good look and I just don't think we have time for that right now," he said with a wink. When pulled in close to kiss him, Hendrik gladly returned it, placing his hand more firmly on Billy's butt whilst resting the other on the back of his head. He supposed he could give in at least a little!

The sound of the unfamiliar voice caused Hendrik to pull away from the embrace and take on a more professional stance, brushing his hair back as he looked at Raphael. He was about to confirm the Frenchman's name but was beaten to it when Billy greeted the newcomer and indirectly confirmed to Hendrik what his name was. "Raphael. It's good to meet you," he said, reaching out to shake the man's hand whilst sending him a friendly smile. "I'm Hendrik and I will be leading the training."

He listened closely as Raphael spoke again, focusing closely as he didn't often hear a French accent. He was about to answer the question on what they would be working on, but stopped short as Erik arrived and apologised for being late. "It's okay. We were just about to begin." As he spoke, he noticed Erik's focus move straight to Billy but he was soon distracted from it as he was trying to piece together what he'd said about someone named Rory needing help moving. He then returned Erik's greeting and took a step back whilst the man went on to introduce himself to Raphael. Hendrik looked to Billy to try catch his eyes but was torn away when Erik clapped his hands together to ask if they were warming up.

"Yes, we will warm up first. You may not get time to warm up when you are out working," he began, clearly meaning working on mob business, "but you must always warm up in training. It will help your muscles work better and reduce pain or injury. Always warm up when you can," he told the three, smiling as he spoke.

He got the three of them to stand in a line facing him. "We start by jogging on the spot," he said, doing exactly that and signalling for them all to join in. Hardly any time passed before he ramped it up. "Lift those knees high. Switch quickly, don't keep your feet on the ground for more than a second," he encouraged them.

Hendrik kept the high knee jogging going for a couple more minutes before slowing to a jog then eventually stopping. "Now 20 squats," he said, doing a couple himself before walking around the three men to observe their posture. "Chest up. Shoulders back," he reminded nobody in particular. Walking back in front to face them as they continued, he spoke to them. "We will be doing weight training first before moving on to cardiovasculair. The work you will be doing for your bosses, it doesn't only need you to be strong, but athletic and physically fit too. In our training, I will work to get you all to your best in both areas," he explained, making a conscious effort to speak his best English given the three different nationalities he was presently addressing.

"Does anyone have any questions or concerns to ask of me?" he opened up to them once he was satisfied they'd done enough squats.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Billy, Raphael) @Melanin-Gxdess (Erik)

Brook's Home
London​
Kathleen Thatcher
MV5BNDIxNWNhZGYtYzgyYi00YTc1LTg5NjItYTA1ZjMyYmFmZDliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MDIzMDE5._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Kathleen laughed. It felt good to laugh, to have that bubbly feeling inside that overflowed and filled the air. For a split second, she looked exactly like her daughter, the smile on her face bright and beaming as she considered the idea of working on her cardio more. "I don't think I'd look very good running up and down the street." She came to a quiet stop when he mentioned that he, specifically, would want nothing to do with her. Something about the way it sounded send a thrill down her spine and she shivered. Carefully she avoided making eye contact again and waved him off, trying to keep the situation light. "Don't worry Trevor, I promise I won't. I relapsed once… But the sickness it gave me was enough to run me off for good this time. It wasn't the same after being sober again. I'm sure if I was around the stuff it would still have that feeling, but I have no intention of going out looking, buying, begging or bartering. Don't even know anyone who does it - and I like keeping it that way these days."

Glad the awkward moment had passed without being too intense, she moved to stand properly beside him, hands clasped behind her back. She did look a bit shocked when he offered her a ride, but it turned to a slow, grateful smile as she nodded. "Hackney, just down the road a bit. Could probably walk it but…" She kicked her foot up a few inches behind her, indicating the heel of her shoe. "These are a pain to walk in. Try to avoid wearing them if I'm planning on doing that much cardio." She giggled, finding herself clever regardless of whether he did or not. "Thank you, I appreciate it. I'll take you up on that. To be honest, I didn't realize how…" She seemed to struggle for a word, thinking as they began walking back to his car. "Similar to the location I lived in Dublin it was. Thought I was making a move to a better life, but it looks the same. Same grime and grit that I came from. Only difference is I don't know anyone here, so it's quite a bit more frightful. At least back home I knew the kind of muck that lived next door."

As they reached the car, waiting for him to make his way to his door first, she was surprised to find a very gentlemanly move demonstrated for her and for a moment things felt a bit surreal. As she moved to take the seat he so kindly offered, she felt his hand cause a wave of electricity through her shirt and directly into her back. Shivers ran up and down her body. A few moments later when his hand brushed her leg, jarring memories came slamming back into her mind of heated moments in darkened rooms, the moon streaming through the curtains, steam practically rising from two forms hidden in the shadows. She gulped it down, politely moving her leg out of the way and smiling when he talked about Harry. It was something else to see this side of him - a side she hadn't thought him capable of when they were younger. Then, she saw him as some fascinating rolling stone, a rake of a man to handsome to resist. She'd thrown away her childhood with him, and all traces of it. It had been a whirlwind, with part of her hoping she would be the one to change him, but more of her - the realistic part of her - knowing what she had done would be the downfall of her from her family and a short lived future memory of the one who changed her life forever. Pushing past and trying ot maintain the conversation, she smiled and nodded. "That's good, always a heart warming sight to see a little 'un light up over a favorite toy, ain't it?"

Without realizing it, her hand shot out as if to grab his, but quickly redirected and landed on her knee instead. "Th-thank you, for the ride… It was Hackney. 10 Ellingfort Rd." Squeezing her kneecap tightly, she forced herself away from the memories that flushed her skin and caused her breath to come out much huskier than she intended. A hard swallow was all she could do to get it back under control. It suddenly felt much hotter in the car than it had before. As they started down the road, she was surprised to hear the sound of sirens ahead, and within moments they were caught in a jam, the street closed off ahead, little space to turn around, and an ambulance blocking the street from an automobile accident. "Oh, oh no. I'm sorry. Taking me home looks like you may have gotten stuck much longer than intended. If you want I can get out, walk from here, that way if you can get out you don’t have to be here any longer." Even as she said it she sounded a bit saddened for their interaction to end so quickly, unbeknownst to herself that it was perceptible to her new found.. What? Ex? No, they never officially dated. What did that make them?

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Danger.

The Brooks' House
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Trevor Stewart

Trevor hadn't dwelled on it the first time she said she was living in Hackney, but now when she confirmed the address his thoughts travelled back to more than a week ago. Although the street she told him wasn't close to the laundrette, the thought of Hackney now reminded him of what he'd heard in detail had happened to Daisy's brother, along with his nephews being forced to watch. Hackney was one of the many places he was aware Carter's dirty work was likely to be carried out in. Ellingfort Road thankfully didn't sound any alarm bells in terms of Carter business. "I guess everywhere has its dangerous places," Trevor told Kathleen when she spoke of Hackney being seemingly worse than her Dublin home. "But you're right, that part of Hackney ain't too safe. I'd say keep your head down, doors locked, and stay aware," he advised her.

As he drove towards Hackney, Trevor heard the sound of the sirens ahead and let out a groan. "What now?" he grumbled, clearly not the first time he'd been in this situation. "If people around here didn't drive like fuckin' morons..." he trailed off. He looked ahead to see the ambulance blocking the road. Despite his flippant comments, deep down it did concern him whenever there was an accident or police presence. With everything that was going on in his life, he felt now more than ever that any of his family could be at risk. Carters aside, he also knew his family could be involved in a genuine accident too. He might not have given the level of care and attention to Laura that he should have at the time, but he did remember all of those years ago when Bruce lost his wife and kids in a car accident. "Hopefully it's nothing too serious," he sadly added.

When Kathleen apologised for getting him stuck in traffic for longer than intended, he quickly shook his head. "Shit happens. I'd rather be stuck in traffic where were are right now than be in one of the cars that's caused the backup," he reasoned. With her offer to walk, he turned to look at her, flashing an amused smile. "If you'd rather work on that cardio now, go right ahead, but I'm stuck in this queue until it clears up. So if you're not in a hurry to get back home you're welcome to stay in the car and protect your feet."

After a brief silence, with the radio playing at a low volume, Trevor sat back and rested the his head on the headrest before turning to look at Kathleen. He wasn't sure if he was misinterpreting the signals, but there certainly seemed to be some energy bouncing off of her. He'd have expected any tension to have been that of anger at him walking out on her all those year ago, but the tension he was actually picking up on was more in the direction of sexual attraction. Of course, he had to be misreading her. He'd always stopped short of classifying it as an addiction like he'd had with drugs and alcohol, but he was fully aware he'd always had a high sex drive. So right now he wanted to put a stop to any such thoughts.

"I never asked. Are you married or in a relationship?" he asked, briefly glancing to the traffic up ahead to see no change. "You mentioned May has siblings. Is their dad still in the picture?" Looking to Kathleen brought back the attraction he'd had to her over thirty years ago. Whilst it had been nothing more than a fling and he'd hadn't formed any kind of emotional connection to her, he couldn't deny he was physically attracted to her in this very moment.

Brook's Home
London​
Kathleen Thatcher
Looking ahead, she could see steam rising from one car, but over all the people from inside the vehicles seemed to be out moving about, speaking with the ambulance drivers and police. She nodded when he said he hoped it was nothing too serious, thinking the same thing to herself. While she had never lost anyone to a car accident, that didn't mean that she didn't realize how bad it could be. The light returned to her face when he mentioned that he didn't mind staying in the car with her, letting her save her feet from the walk home. A smile pulled back across her lips as she gazed out the window, a bit day dreamy as she tried to chase off so many memories that were swamping her brain.

"Thank you again than. I appreciate it. Hopefully it will clear soon, looks like its just a bit of a fender bender ahead. They're already on the scene too, so we don't have to wait for help to arrive. Hopefully I'm not keeping you from anything, or you know, anyone waiting for you…" Her voice trailed off with a bit of a blush and she looked over quickly, catching his eyes before looking away again. The tension in the car was rising and it seemed she wasn't the only one picking up on it, but she kept pushing the thoughts away. Kathleen hadn't been with a man in years now, sex being one of the things that she had sworn off during her trails of getting clean. So often she had used sex as a way to procure her drugs, or had 'dated' those who sold to keep her habit up. When she started her road to recovery, swearing off men had been the first step to moving away from her bad habits. Maybe that was the cause of the nerves now - it was the first time she had felt an attraction since then.

Feeling his eyes on her, she turned back to him, catching his gaze this time and holding it for longer than before, the seconds ticking on before she dropped her eyes and blushed. That same old feeling like magnets being drawn together was radiating from her chest and she wanted badly to avoid it. She didn't think she could be as unattached as she was decades ago, no longer being the girl she had been then and willing to accept whatever was given to her. She had grown so much since then, she couldn't slide backwards with the man who had been such a pivotal point in her life.

His next question threw her off though. Why she wasn't sure, it was a pretty normal question, but she felt like the answer was one she wasn't sure how to answer. "I was married. He left when May was still a kid though, the little 'uns weren't even old enough to understand he wasn't coming home then. Her brothers, Thomas and Alfie, are twins. Ain't seen hide nor hair of the man since he walked out, could be dead for all I know, not that I want to see him again after he left us the way he did." She paused, realizing he may think she held some resentment to him for doing the same. "It's different, after you're married. You don't have expectations before, not like you do after a wedding." She thought she needed to say more but decided not to, trying to quietly let him know she wasn't mad and wouldn't be and that she really did not blame him.

"What about you TK, you married and settled down these days? Sure seems more likely than it would have been back then." She wrinkled her nose teasingly. "You know, if you're not in a hurry, I could offer you a drink-" She stopped, looking like she was thinking for a moment before nodding and continuing on, "Or snack if you don't drink these day, as a way of saying thanks." Her smile was genuine, no malicious or underlying reasons showing in it. She simply felt like she owed him for saving her from the long walk back to her place. Up ahead it was slowly clearing and she had the feeling before long they would be moving again.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - TK

Kathleen's Apartment
~ Hackney, London ~

Trevor Stewart

Trevor looked ahead towards the traffic jam as Kathleen told him she had been married to the father of her two twin sons. The fact her husband had walked out on her and their kids without any explanation was all too familiar to him. Although she was quick to clarify it was different to what Trevor had done by walking out on her, he knew he was still guilty when it came to him walking out on Laura and their sons. He chewed his bottom lip before Kathleen then asked him if he was now settled down, pointing out that it seemed more likely he was now than he would have been when they'd first met.

Turning too look at Kathleen, he shook his head. "Maybe me walking out on you ain't the same as your husband doing it, but I'm no better than he was. When you and I first met, I was married. I'd walked out on Laura after over a decade of marriage, leaving her to cope with our three sons and not even sticking around to see my first daughter born. I'm not about to go judging that bloke you were married to, not without being a hypocrite. But speaking from experience, he sounds like a real selfish wanker," he remarked, flashing a smirk as he figured by definition he'd earned that title himself in the past.

"I never married again after Laura. In the 20 years after you and me got together, I was still out fucking about. Settling down was never on my mind back then," he told her, figuring he didn't need to go over his addictions and hedonism all over again. "I came close to it a few years back, mind you. With my youngest's mother. It didn't work out in the end. Between my family and work, I couldn't commit to her in the long run," he explained. His explanation was partly true. It had been work that forced him to end things with Anne-Marie - his work with Interpol. Not only was she too close to the investigation given she had worked at Carter Technologies, but he simply deemed it was too risky to let her or any woman settle down with him. Living alone meant he wasn't putting anyone at risk of being dragged into his risky business but it also meant it was less likely they would stumble upon the dangerous truth. "Long story short, she thinks I'm a selfish prick but she tolerates me enough for Declan's sake," he drily remarked. "I guess by the time you get to my age, you realise settling down ain't for everyone. Between work and the grandkids keeping me occupied, I'm cool with that."

When Kathleen offered him a drink and then a snack, Trevor thought for a moment before finally nodding. It wouldn't hurt to take her up on the offer. "A snack and a cup of tea sounds good," he accepted her offer. Whilst he did still drink, it was done in moderation and no longer enough to get drunk. Whilst he had every faith in his self-control now, he still didn't want to risk it with a woman who he'd been with during some of his worst years of addiction.

As the road ahead was cleared, Trevor was glad to finally get moving, never liking being stuck in traffic. The roads the rest of the way were clear and after having to rectify a wrong turn, he eventually found Kathleen's street and pulled up outside her home. Once parked up, he got out of the car and waited for Kathleen to do the same before locking the doors. He followed Kathleen and once inside he took a moment to look around before focusing on her. He felt that tension now even more than he had when in the car and as much as he wanted to give in to it, he knew it wouldn't be fair on Kathleen. He was about to embark on a stage of his investigations that meant he was going to have to sacrifice the time he spent with his family; reducing their interactions to secret meetings. It was why he meant what he said about settling down no being for him. "Jesus, Kathleen. I should go," he suddenly told her, trying to fight off the urges that were threatening to overthrow his caution. "I don't think I really came in here with you because I wanted tea and snacks. So the last thing you need is me stringing you along just because I have no self-control," he honestly told her.

Last edited:
10 Ellington St - Kathleen's Home
London​
Kathleen Thatcher
As the cars cleared ahead a comfortable silence of sorts formed, with small talk coming and going as they navigated to her home. She wasn't sure why she had invited him, except that she was truly grateful for the ride and for having someone to talk to. As they pulled to a park outside her home, she helped herself out, soothing her clothes down nervously. No one had ever been in her home here, not once in the time she had been in London. It made her anxious. At the door, her hands shook to unlock the bolt, before stepping into a simple, clean, somewhat empty apartment. There was various furniture and a few sparse decorations, a picture of her children just inside the door where she dropped her keys. The flat, barely able to be called one bedroom, was devoid of anything that might seem to be unsavory. She could feel him looking around, eyes occasionally on her as she made her way to the opposite side of the room to start the kettle.

It wasn't until he focused on her completely that her skin began to warm again and pinked, even with her back to him. She moved around normally, continuing the prep until his voice came from behind her. She stopped, hiding the disappointment on her face. Sure, she felt the tension, but more than that, she had genuinely been looking forward to spending some time with another human being that wasn't barking orders at her from across some desk at work, or ringing up her groceries at the shop. She wasn't going to jump him and force him into anything, if that's what he was thinking. Kathleen wasn't some uncontrollable young girl anymore barely legal for what they had done. Slowly, her hands came to a stop as she sat the kettle on the counter, hand turning off the stove she had just started.

Turning around, she leant back against the counter, eyes finding his across the room with barely unshed tears contained within them for a second time today. Her mind was trying to blame her yet again for running of someone, this time in record setting minutes. With her hand on the ledge of hard surface, one on each side, she watched him quietly for a moment while trying to silence the critically cruel voices in her mind. "Oh, I see… Well.. If that's how you truly feel, I'll respect that. I'm sorry if it's something I said, or did… I didn't mean to put you out." She pushed off the counter and moved closer, unaware of the dangerously precarious situation she was putting herself in.

Moving closer to him, now an arms length away, she drug her eyes up from the floor and squarely looked him straight on. Nodding as if to steel herself against the rejection, she shifted from foot to foot while her hands clasped behind her back again, fingers twisted together. Unconsciously she stepped closer, that pull she felt earlier strong enough now that she moved without realizing it, her mind distraught and focused on trying to fix things while her body contradicted it with every second that passed. "If you didn't come here for tea and snacks… why did you come?" Surprisingly there was a look of innocents on her face, as if she really wasn't sure what else it could be. The amount of self doubt was evident, as if she could not see him wanting her the way her body was screaming at her to realize she wanted him in return.

"I-I promise there's nothing here that will be a danger… I just… I miss having someone to talk to." Her head and eyes both dropped, chin pointed to her chest. Would he understand the immense loneliness she was feeling, understand how he had helped ease it and make her feel normal for such a short time? She wasn't sure what she expected of him, of his response. Part of her hoped he would stay, even if for just a few minutes longer to talk to her, to keep that desolate feeling at bay for just a bit more. Part of her knew he would leave because everyone did. It was a war of conflicting thoughts in her head, trying to decide what she wanted, not only of him but of herself in this moment.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Warning! Warning! Warning!

Kathleen's Flat
~ Hackney, London ~

Trevor Stewart

When Kathleen told him she respected his wishes, Trevor was happy enough to end things there. But when she approached him and said she didn't mean to put him out, he quickly shook his head. She hadn't intentionally done anything to make him feel uncomfortable and now he felt bad that she might think that. With her continuing to moved closer, Trevor held his breath and forced himself to remember how far he'd come over the years. When she asked him why he'd chosen to come with her if not for the tea and snacks, Trevor let out a deep breath and shook his head. Could she really not sense the tension between them or was she playing dumb to relieve herself of any responsibility for it?

When Kathleen then went on to promise there was no danger and that she missed having someone to talk to, it took a moment for the penny to drop. Letting out a relieved sigh, he studied her as she lowered her head, looking dejected. Suddenly she seemed vulnerable. Judging by her words and the fact she was in London by herself, Trevor soon realised the woman before him was perhaps lonely. The Trevor of the past would have taken advantage of her in such a vulnerable state; used her to get what he wanted and then ditch her once he got bored. It would have been so easy to manipulate Kathleen in that very moment.

As bad as it seemed, Kathleen's words and Trevor's interpretation of her being lonely actually worked to shut down any sexual tension the man had been feeling. He was no longer someone who would snatch the opportunity to fulfil his own desires. Trevor was relieved to know he still had that self-control and wasn't likely to relapse, as he hadn't with the drugs and alcohol. "Well, alright," he said, his posture becoming more relaxed and his smile genuine. "You'd best get that kettle back on to finish boiling, in that case," he suggested to her. "I reckon I can spare some more time," he said, instinctively glancing to his watch as he said it.

Wanting to give them both a little breathing space, Trevor sat down on the sofa whilst Kathleen made them their drinks. "So, how long have you been living here?" he asked, once again letting his eyes wander to study the place. It seemed as bare and unfurnished as his house had been when he first moved into it 12 years ago. Whilst it was still somewhat minimalist, his house now had a warm feel to it. Now it had various toys and comforts around for when any of the grandkids stayed over. He was now able to have family photographs on show, when over a decade ago he'd felt he had no right to proudly display them. It had taken time to make his house feel like a home, but now it was and it remained a reminder of what he could lose if he messed up. Perhaps one day Kathleen's place would become more homely for her too. "Have you got yourself a job while you're here?" he curiously asked, imagining she wouldn't be able to survive in London for long without some kind of steady income.

Brook's Home
London​
Kathleen Thatcher
Kathleen watched him cautiously, trying to read him as his face and body went through different reactions to her. Sure, she felt the tension, but she hadn't tried to lead him on or act as if she was going to seduce him, and in her mind it was a very confused feeling as it had been so long since she felt an attraction to someone she easily displaced it as unresolved emotions from a time long gone, not something currently happening. When he finally let out a sigh that she interpreted as relief, a small smile finally came back to her face, followed by a quick nod when his words quickly followed. Seemed they did understand each other even though she hadn't needed to speak the words aloud. She could feel an unknown emotion rising that brought a bright and charming smile to her face.

"Great! I can do that!" She clapped her hands and quickly stepped back to the stove to turn the kettle on, moving around to prep a tray of biscuits and snacks for them. She knew things must feel a bit awkward for him as well, and maybe she was over stepping by asking so much of him, but she didn't want to return to the empty flat and the silence that came with it. Although the evening hadn't gone as planned, it was a nice turn out none the less and she was enjoying it immensely. "I've actually only been here a few months. I moved here back in June with the last bit of money I had saved up. I got lucky and found a job fairly quickly at a temp agency. I've done a little bit of everything since then. I just move where they want me to go. Right now I've been working at a call center, but that'll expire soon and they'll move me somewhere else. Worst job was working for the sanitation department - couldn't stand the smell." She laughed, remembering how badly the clothes smelt when she got home and had to throw them away, requesting a new placement with the agency the next day.

"I didn't bring anything with me when I came, so I'm sorry there's not much to look at in here. I sold whatever I had back in Dublin to have money when I came here." she looked around a bit ashamed, the room feeling more like a demo flat than lived in. "Most everything came with the place, except the picture on the table there. That's Alfie," She pointed to the picture, "May is in the middle, and Tommy is on the right. That's me of course behind them." Upon closer examination it was easy to see that May looked quite a bit like her mother as well as her father, a pleasant balance between the two.

Once the kettle whistled, Katy loaded up the tray and carried it to the coffee table, setting it down. "I have instant coffee, cream, sugar, tea, and some biscuits and cakes to snack on." Sitting across from him, she adjusted her skirt to ensure it was proper and gave him that familiar smile - a smile that matched Maeve's when she was genuinely happy. "What about you TK, what do you do for work?" Kathleen didn't realize she was still calling him by his old name, a fake name that she still believed to be the real one. She waited for him to respond, before another question popped out that might have seemed a bit random. "I bet you never thought of me after all that, eh?" A slight laugh left her lips as she stirred at the now filled tea cup before her awkwardly. "I bet it was quite the surprise to meet Maeve later. I never knew she came looking for you… Then again, with the way we left things, she never did talk to me again after moving here, not until the café. I didn't know she would be able to find you so easily - I'd been looking for her for years and didn't find her."

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Troubled Trevor

Kathleen's Flat
~ Hackney, London ~

Trevor Stewart

Kathleen told Trevor she'd been back a few months, which on the face of it might seem like she was going to stick around. For him, a few months had rarely been enough for him to feel settled and he figured Kathleen may still have a lot to do before she was even convinced herself that she was going to stay put. It sounded like she'd taken whatever jobs she could get too, so she wasn't exactly committed to the call centre she was now working at. It was easy for him to be sceptical having gone through the motions on a number of occasions himself, whilst at the same time, he could also be open-minded about it all. Perhaps this was it for Kathleen and she was going to stay settled now. "Some jobs can be shitty enough without having to literally deal with shite," he joked at her mention of the sanitation department. "I'm sure you'll keep finding work and maybe even something you enjoy. Can't promise that, though," he remarked.

Trevor shrugged his shoulders when she apologised about not having much around her house to look at. "Don't sweat it. I was the same when I first moved back here all those years ago. Didn't have much with me and I rented my house from an old friend. I wasn't sure back then how long I'd be able to stick around," he told her. It hadn't been that he'd intended on leaving when he returned in 1985, but where Bruce and Spencer were concerned, he hadn't been entirely certain he'd have much choice in the matter. Of course, all those years had passed and he was still living there, having bought the house from his friend a few years ago. He looked at the picture of her three kids and smiled. "I can see the resemblance," he told her as he recognised her traits in each of the pictured three.

When she brought the tray and set it down on the table, he listened as she listed off the contents. "Tea. Always tea," he said as he learned forward to pour himself a cup, purposely snubbing the coffee. As he stirred his drink, he noticed her adjust her skirt but his eyes naturally focused to her smile and he returned it, finding some familiarity in it considering May seemed to have inherited the similarity. When Kathleen addressed him by his old fake name, it registered with him what she had said yet for some reason he didn't think to correct her. Instead, he was more focused on her question about what he did for work. "I work for a big tech company in the city. I'm the Head of Sales. All that practice flogging used cars paid off in the end," he told her. "The hours can be long and it's hard work, but it pays well," he added. Of course, what made his days tougher was the fact he was a double agent for Interpol, but he could hardly tell her that.

For a man who at one time couldn't go a day without telling a lie and in a way still lied now to protect Interpol's investigations, when Kathleen said she bet he'd never thought of her, he couldn't help but be honest without hesitation. "You're right... I didn't," he admitted. "You must know how I was back then though. I spent the biggest part of my adult life sleeping around, conning people, and off my head on whatever drugs I got my hands on. A lot of those days were a blur at times. So I'd say I was shocked rather than surprised when I found out about May. Bigger surprise is that I haven't had more people showing up on my doorstep calling me their dad." Trevor wasn't sure if he was being too honest now, but there was no point sugar-coating his past actions. "She came to London looking for me. I think coincidence or luck may have played a part in her finding me as soon as she did. She was working for my eldest to begin with, so was already close to the truth before I even showed up. My son had this private investigator looking into me, to figure out if I was trying to screw my family over again, and May ended up showing the bloke a photo of you and me whilst asking him to find me for her." Trevor took a sip of tea. "Sadly, she married that guy and he's now a Detective. He's full of good intentions, thinking he can save the world, but me an' him don't get along too well. Maybe you'll have better luck with him if you get to meet him," he said with a dry laugh.

Daisy's Cocktail Bar and Nightclub
~ Soho, London ~

Dion

1695834786317.pngNormally, driving through the centre of London was a bore. Sure, the streets were bustling, and Soho was alive no matter the hour – but heavy traffic killed his momentum. Having trained as a taxi driver, Dion knew the quickest routes to anywhere in the city without even need for a map, so when they needed to be discreet on the road or move fast, he would always cleverly design their route. But they were in no rush today. The nightclub he and Julia were on their way to wouldn’t get loud for another few hours yet, and their 'appointment' with Daisy hadn’t been arranged. It was more of a surprise check-in.

"What shame?" Dion asked, turning to face his partner as she flashed him a grin. "You'd rather be on the dancefloor than doin' this?" The small knife he had been holding in his lap flicked open with a subtle brush of his thumb and he tilted the blade slightly to see Julia's face in the reflection. Whatever she meant by her comment about not going to nightclubs for fun because of her age, he would never have had the same thought. She was wise, experienced, and it showed i00n her features, but to him she still had it - that drive, that lust - and it kept her young and attractive. It was what made her a good partner for this kind of job, too - someone he could rely on as much as himself to power through when things got choppy, because they both wanted the same thing.

They parked up and both looked up at the building, before Julia commented on how she hoped Daisy would put up a fight so they could be harder on her. Dion turned to face her, catching the way she bit down on her lip. "Girl…we can do what we want with her," he reminded her in a dark tone, lightly brushing a strand of hair from her face with a ringed finger. "Don't forget who's in control."

Slotting his knife away, Dion got out of the car and advanced with his partner towards the club. She reminded him to watch out for extra security and he nodded - but looking around, he only saw one bouncer and no one else watching out. That bouncer didn’t even pat them down, which made Dion smirk a little - was no one looking out for poor Daisy, that she didn’t even have the means to tighten security after her recent attack?

Being the afternoon, the place wasn’t packed, but there were quite a few day drinkers standing around and there was music playing as they meandered through the thin crowd. The room was open plan, with pillars that had standing tables built around them, and he could see doors that said ‘STAFF ONLY’. “More like a pub than a club to me,” he remarked. “Wonder how many times she’s had pissheads mistake her office for the john.” Dion smirked again at the image of someone urinating against Daisy’s office walls. But he didn’t want to waste time fooling around. He was there for one reason only, and that was to get his boss the money he was owed.

“Bar,” he uttered to Julia, lightly batting her arm to get her attention before subtly nodding towards Daisy. He could feel the weight of the weapons in his pockets that the club’s bouncer had failed to check for. After a quick glance to Julia, Dion set his eyes on Daisy and walked over to her. There were stools free either side of her and Dion took a seat to her left before flagging down the bartender, Noel. "I'll get a vodka and coke - your most expensive stuff," he ordered. "Plus whatever my two fine ladies here want."

While he waited for their drinks to be served, Dion spun his barstool to face Daisy. "Not a lot of people in here," he remarked, without looking around the room. "Business not doing so well?" He let his question hang in the air. "Good to see you ain't spending our money on better security after what happened to…what was his name? Jason, Julian…?"

"£6.80, please," Noel said as he passed them their drinks. Dion just kept his eyes firmly on Daisy.

"That's okay. We get our drinks for free."

Noel looked at Daisy for confirmation, unsure if he should challenge the man. But Dion didn't notice - he just raised his glass to Julia and Daisy and was about to take a sip when he snapped his fingers. "Justin - that was it. Poor bastard." Shaking his head, he finally took a sip of his drink, and then leaned against the bar with a sigh and looked the woman in the eyes.

"You know why we're here, Daisy Richardson?" he calmly asked.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Daisy
Bellz Bellz Julia

Last edited:
Sullivan Residence
~Dublin, Ireland ~

Lauren Sullivan

3ad8826de6b922a29250c65db247e1d7.jpg
"Off course I'm behaving Auntie Nat" her tone was overly sweet and angelic but an amused smirk played on her lips as she noticed her aunt's teasing glare. It wasn't necessarily that she was behaving badly, in reality she was acting as any person her age would be, she just didn't necessarily know if that would constitute "behaving herself".

As usual in her aunt's house, it took about 2 seconds for the chaos to begin after stepping in the door. As her cousins entered the room, Lauren gave them all a small nod and a smile in greeting as she allowed the attention to be purely on her grandfather. She knew how excited he was to meet them all and to be honest she was interested to see how they would all react to him, especially Jaxson. Jaxson, as expected, did not disappoint and Lauren could't help the laugh that escaped as he squared up to Conor. She raised an eyebrow in an amused manner and watched as Veronica tried to then put him in his place, the amusement growing on her expression.

Natasha invited them all into the dining room and Lauren nodded as she moved to follow them in. Stopping behind her grandfather, Lauren overheard when he said to Jaxson and an amused smirk grew on her lips. As she passed Jaxson herself, Lauren lightly ruffled his hair "beside Jax we know Veronica could kick your butt anyway" a playfully teasing tone was present in her voice as she spoke sending a wink towards Veronica before following her aunt and grandfather into the dining room.

As her eyes fell on the table, Lauren's eyes widened and a grin formed on her lips "This all look delicious" she directed towards Natasha before looking towards her grandfather with a shake to her head and a thoughtful look on her expression "ah now grandad I don't know if you'd like any of this, I can try it all for your first if you want" she teased "just to make sure yanno, Im selfless like that"

Int:
Natasha & kiddos - Bellz Bellz

Grandad Conor - Misty Gray Misty Gray
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Coffee Mug
~Bethnal Green, London~

Ryan Browne
9045cfceea3ebb6573cfa37883271752.jpg
Ryan raised an eyebrow as the girl suddenly stood up, mumbled something about needing a second and ran off towards the bathroom. She watched her walk away before relaxing back into his seat. He couldn't help but be intrigued by this woman,. She was shy that was for certain and yet also there was a hint of a confidence there in her that he couldn't quite place. He couldn't help but feel that she was hiding something or possibly hiding from something. While she wasn't someone that Ryan would normally give the time of day too, there was just something about the girl that was drawing him in and he was determined to discover more.

Ryan thanked the waitress for the coffee as she placed their orders down on the table and sat forward again as she stirred a little bit of milk into his coffee. As he took a sip of his drink, he noticed movement from his right and turns in time to see the woman coming back to him. At least she hadn't run away...

The first thing Ryan noticed was the smile, a little too loose to be natural, her cheeks were a bright red hue and her eyes were intensely large. To be honest even without the very evident white powder under her nose, Ryan would have known that she was on drugs. "May, that's a beautiful name" he commented, as he sat forward again, laying on the charm as an easy smile played on his lips. When their eyes made contact, Ryan raised his eyebrow slightly before rubbing under his nose and nodding towards her, hoping she would get the message to wipe under his nose. As amusing and cute as it was, he didn't think it would be fair to let her walk around like that all day.

"Ah just enjoying the day, but obviously not as much as you just yet" he teased with a wink and a playful smile on his lips. He hoped she wouldn't take offence to that but Ryan was finding it hard to gauge the girl in front of him. He wouldn't have put her down as doing drugs and yet here she was with white powder under her nose.

Int - Tea thrower BasDorcha BasDorcha

Brook's Home
London​
Kathleen Thatcher
Kathleen laughed at his joke over her previous job, nodding in agreement with him. It was true enough, and she was not going to deal with it again. "I've actually applied directly to the centre, so we'll see if I can get in and make it permanent." She smiled, seeming assured of herself for that moment and that she would be able to make it work. As he talked about what it was like for him to move back to London, it all sounded surreally familiar. Looking at the picture while they talked about it, a sort of forlorn stare passed her eyes until she tore them away. She couldn't believe how scattered her family had become, or that she had such a hand in it. She wanted to make as many amends as possible in her life with her children, to make them see she knew now the problem was her, and not them, and they were perfect the way they are. As they sat and sipped their drinks, things felt… normal. It felt like having tea with an old friend, casual conversation flowing easily - it was a little unsettling if she was honest. She couldn't remember the last time she had this kind of easy conversation.

"Hey, coffee isn't so bad, just gotta know how to make it." She grinned as if she had some secret recipe she wouldn't share, though she avoided the coffee herself and made a cup of tea as well. The chamomile blend was exactly what she needed to unwind after the very active and unexpected day. She leaned on the arm of the chair and propped her hand on her palm, watching him with gentle looks and friendly smiles. "I'm glad you found something that works for you. At least all that experience goes to use now that you've got a head sales job." She wondered for a moment how he would look in his work clothes, imagining him in a spiffed up suit and looking snazzy to boot in it, but she swept that thought away and ignored it, trying to focus simply on the platonic feeling that was winning her over for the moment.

A light laugh passed her lips at his blunt answer. Of course he didn't think of her, she didn't expect any less. She was not a memorable person, much less to someone as wild as he was when she met him. Another broke through when he mentioned that he was surprised not more people had come forward. She couldn't help but think how odd it must be to not know you have a child because you do not carry them. As he explained how it happened, Maeve finding him, she was surprised by how it went. "Oh wow, that's something else. Of all the people in London, she happened to be working for your oldest, which makes him her half-brother I take it. That's something else, what are the chances? I can't believe she married a detective, that's certainly not the kind of person I ever imagined her being with. Detectives are kind of cold, aren't they? I always pictured her with some passionate, over the top type guy who would sweep her off her feet. Did he do that for her?" She asked inquisitively. When he mentioned that maybe she'd have better luck, she couldn't help the scoff that broke out of her mouth before she could stop it.

"I doubt anything with Maeve or her family will be easy. The way Maeve seems to hate me at the moment is probably the same feeling that her husband will have. Who knows though, it might work out, if I can win her over. For now I'm just going to hope she reads the letter, gives me a chance to at least talk to her, and focus on getting stabilized here. I'm getting to old to be moving my life around so dramatically again. No, whether she accepts me or not, I'll have to find my home here from now on." She shrugged, brushing off the slight sadness that had built up through her words. Bringing back her smile, she clapped her hands and stood, "Speaking of pictures. I have a few from that time we spent together. I sent Maeve the best one I had of you from them to make sure that she could use it if she needed too - which she obviously did - but I had some others I kept for myself." She moved over to the dresser, digging in a fairly empty drawer from the sounds of it and pulled out a paper folded around a small stack of what one could assume was photos. Shifting through them, she put about half the stack back and brought the rest over to him, handing them to him.

The first picture was of them outside of the hovel style by the month flat she had rented a few days after meeting him. The young girl was staring at him adoringly, shocking close in looks to Maeve but yet different. The next was a picture of him in profile, smoking a cigarette, not paying the slightest attention to her camera. There were a few risqué-ish pictures, but nothing over the top dirty. In almost all of them Kathleen could be seen admiring him with a hero worship look on her face, and Trevor his normal self for then. "I don't remember why I bought the disposable, and most of them were too dark to come out or the film expired, I'm not sure, but these were the ones I could save. Never thought you'd see 'em, but now you can. Here," She got to the final picture, the one picture where he looked happy and actually smiled a genuine smile. Kathleen smiled fondly before handing it to him, "I remember this one though. I asked if you were enjoying yourself while staying with me for however long that would be, and caught this picture just as you looked up. At least you had a good time with me." She laughed, not seeming bothered at all by the fact that even then she knew he wouldn't be sticking around for long.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - TK

Daisy's Cocktail Bar & Nightclub
~ Soho, London ~

Daisy Richardson
ft. Victoria Cavendish

1695327864262.pngIt had been 11 days since Daisy had witnessed her brother being murdered in front of her. With no other family, it felt like she was the only person mourning for Justin. The circumstances of his death meant she could never speak of it publicly and so even if the Carters had been humane enough to at least return his body to her, she couldn't have a real burial or funeral for him. The impression she got when she days later confronted Damian was that there wasn't anything left of her brother to bury. It pained her to know she couldn't properly mourn for him, but she convinced herself it wouldn't make any difference. After all, she was apparently the only one grieving.

Daisy had been forcing herself to keep working, if only for something to focus on to stop herself from going crazy. Of course, Jakob had been there for her whenever she needed him, but she didn't want to burden him nor did she want to stay locked away. Sarah had been surprisingly supportive and for once the two women had been in a good place with each other since what had happened. She'd learned a few days ago that some of the Kings, ones who had once had control over London before the Carters, had now practically returned from the dead. She'd been told to keep the knowledge to herself, which had been easy enough considering she hadn't been in much of a mood for talking. Besides, even despite Trevor's reassurances things would get better, Daisy had no reason to believe it or feel any security in the fact some of Jakob's extended family members were back in town. She doubted anyone could stand up to the Carters, so things wouldn't get any less dangerous just because some former bigshots were back in town.

Although she normally worked later shifts when the club was much busier, Victoria had offered to cover an earlier shift today, part of her wanting to spend some time with her grieving friend. Besides, assuming she wasn't called upon at the last minute, she had a weekend free of any escorting jobs for the Carters. As Daisy sat at the bar with a blank order form in front of her, Victoria leaned on the bar across from her to get her attention. "Do you want something else to drink?" she asked her friend. Daisy stayed silent but quickly shook her head. Although her friend had assured her things were okay between them, Victoria couldn't help but want to get anything out in the open that she might be holding back. "Are we good, Daisy? What happened to Justin... I didn't--"

"Yes. I already told you we're okay," Daisy abruptly interrupted her. After a deep breath, she looked Victoria in the eyes. "None of this is in any way your fault, so your conscience is clear. Me trying to help you break away from the Carters and what you do for them, I did that off my own back. I just wanted to protect you from the kinds of men they throw your way, but I get it. You never asked me to, so I'll stop," she assured her. Daisy had been told loud and clear by the Stewarts to back down and the fact Victoria had told her not to get involved was enough for her to get the message now. "I've gone over it all in my head a million times now and Justin's death isn't my fault either. Of course, Damian wanted me to believe he died because I dared to speak up against your bully employer, but I won't take the blame. I loved my brother to bits, but he crossed the Carters more than I ever have and this time there was no way they'd give him another chance. So I'm grieving right now, but I won't feel guilty after everything I did when he was still alive."

1695327896043.png"That's perfectly okay. You protected him as much as you could," Victoria reassured her, reaching out to gently squeeze her arm. "And you don't have to worry about me, Daisy. Like Justin, I'm where I am because of the choices I made. It's not always pleasant or enjoyable, but I'm alright. I know what I'm doing," she assured her.

Daisy nodded in understanding but decided she didn't want to discuss the matter any further. "Can you go clear the tables and then take your break?" she instructed her. After a frown and a sigh at Daisy ending the conversation, Victoria nodded in agreement and walked away from behind the bar so she could tend to the tables.

Shortly after Victoria has left her in peace, Daisy noticed the man and woman entering the club. She recognised them and the bouncer had done too, which was why he hadn't stopped them. With the power and influence the Carters had over the city, Daisy didn't want her staff to confront their employees unless they really had to. Knowing what could happen if her staff did get in their way, she didn't want them to get killed or seriously hurt whilst working for her. Daisy didn't spare them much of her gaze, instead preferring to acknowledge them for the least amount of time possible before they inevitably ended up in her personal space anyway.

When Dion and Julia took a seat either side of her, Daisy sat up straight but for the moment only looked at them through their reflections in the mirror that covered the wall behind the spirits bottles. Dion proceeded to order himself a drink along with whatever she and Julia wanted. "Water," she simply confirmed to Noel. Only when Dion spun his barstool to face her did Daisy look directly to him. His comment about the club being quiet and not doing so well drew a small smirk from Daisy. "It'll pick up. Tourists are out exploring, workers are working," she pointed out. "Besides," she began, turning to look at Julia for a moment, "it must be doing well for your boss to feel his profits are threatened enough to take a cut." Daisy was about to comment on her security but any thoughts were pushed aside when her brother was mentioned, albeit not by the correct name.

When Noel interrupted to asked for the drinks payment, Dion informed him they were free. Noel's eyes naturally shifted to Daisy for her approval, to which she gave him a silent nod of confirmation. Before taking his first sip, Dion suddenly spoke Justin's name. Daisy looked away, her focus once again returning to the bottles lined up behind the bar. She chewed her bottom lip in an attempt to supress the natural urge to snap back at Dion for daring to speak her brother's name. She was being held back by not only her grief but also the words of Trevor, Jakob, and others telling her not to rile up the Carters. Whilst she knew it was for the best for her own sake, she still begrudged it. "I'm sure one day the freaks responsible will get what they deserve," she flatly replied.

Feeling Dion looking at her, she turned to meet his eyes. When he asked if she knew why he and Julia were there, she let out a deep breath and then shrugged her shoulders. "Surely you're here for a couple of drinks in a peaceful club atmosphere?" she drily asked. She sat back a little, so she could see both Dion and Julia at either side of her. "Anything else, I can't help you with. My brother's dead and Ezekiel got his favourite girl back on the job," she said, referring to Victoria. Stepping down from the stool and standing straight, she glared at the two unwelcome guests. "I've given more than enough to you lot now. If your boss wants anything else, then go tell him to come and fucking ask me himself!"

Bellz Bellz (Julia) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Dion)

Kathleen's Flat
~ Hackney, London ~

Trevor Stewart

Trevor was glad Kathleen took his blunt answer well about not thinking about her. She found it amusing that he was surprised he didn't have more children showing up on his doorstep. Although he did joke about it, he couldn't deny it always was a possibility. He liked to think this was it now, that he had six kids and no more surprises waiting to get him.

He nodded his head when Kathleen spoke about May working for his eldest, confirming they were half-siblings. "Yeah, she's got four half-brothers. She had a sister too, but Harper... she died a few years back," he explained. Reaching for his tea, he took a slow drink to distract himself from getting stuck on Harper's death. The subject of Christian was enough of a change in tone to help him move past losing one of his daughter's. "He'd quit being a detective when May met him. Reckoned the couldn't work for the corrupt police. But now he's back with them and claims it's to protect the public, unlike his colleagues." Trevor couldn't help but scoff, setting the mug down on the table again. "I wouldn't say he's cold, but he doesn't come across as passionate and if he did sweep her off her feet, then I'd be very shocked. He's one of those blokes who thinks too much, all logical and shit, not much time for passion. Not that he's a bad bloke - he's great with their kids - but I just don't buy him with May. I've made no secret of how I feel and that I don't think they're right together."

Kathleen spoke about May and hoping she'd read the letter. Trevor wasn't sure if the approach would work, figuring it all depended on whether May chose to read it. Perhaps she would simply tear it up and toss it away. "Like I said, it'll take time. You've got to be prepared for her not reading the letter at all, so having to try again without getting in her face too much... When I showed up back in London years ago, I got punched and smacked about, got a broken hand, so if you're avoiding that then you've got off to a better start than I did," he lightly told her. "I'm not saying I'll be getting a Christmas card, but even my eldest and the ex-brother-in-law have eased off on the hate now."

When Kathleen mentioned photographs from the time they spent together, Trevor couldn't help but send her a puzzled expression. He still had a sharp memory but he couldn't really recall having his pictures taken all of those years ago. That didn't concern him on account of the fact he knew he spent most of the time with Kathleen high as a kite or drunk. When she handed him the photographs, he recognised the flat they were standing outside of. He noticed the way Kathleen was looking at him in the picture, how she appeared to be smitten. He'd been aware of it at the time, just as he had known full well how much Laura adored him when they were together. Back then he used their feelings for his own gain, finding it easy to manipulate them. As he flicked through to another of Kathleen looking adoringly at him, it made him feel sick to see the evidence of his old self staring back at him. When she spoke up about never thinking he'd see them, he looked to her to see she was smiling, apparently not displaying disgust towards him as she recalled their past. He smiled back as she handing him the last picture, where he was smiling for the camera. "Damn, to be young again! We both looked pretty damn good back then, huh?" he playfully remarked. "Shame I was rotten on the inside. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover," he said, his voice sounding more serious. Looking Kathleen in the eyes, he softly smiled. "I'm surprised you didn't already rip them to shreds. But I'm glad you have a healthy outlook on this. I did have a good time, I just hope you did too. Normally I'd been sitting here expecting the blame for anything that went wrong in your life since the day you met me. I mean, I was an arsehole, there's objective proof of that, but I'm long done accepting the blame for everyone's hang-ups."

The Coffee Mug
~Bethnal Green, London~​
Maeve Brooks
1dba92c3cf71c8c855e1b6d1e9cf2456.jpg
A bright blush crushed her cheeks as she watched him rub under his nose and instantly copied him. Instantly feeling ashamed and caught, she dropped her eyes, her skin turning the deepest shade of red possible. Clearing her throat, she toyed with her tea, not really interested in it any longer after the drug started coursing through her body refreshed. How should she react to this? Should she just roll with it? Would he judge her? Look down on her? Or would he participate? The sudden thought that he might participate sent a shiver of excitement through her body and she knew exactly what to try next. Looking up, she caught his eyes and smiled a sort of secretive smile and shrugged playfully. "You could be." She laughed wistfully, setting her small compact with the hidden baggy down on the table between them.

"Enjoying the day, that is." This time her voice dropped an octave or two, though unintentional to her it would seem very thought out to an outside ear. "Tell me, Ryan, what would you do if a strange woman asked you for tea so she wouldn't have to endure it alone?" The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them, hearing the guile in it even herself. Her eyes flicked to the compact, then him, before her eyebrow raised and seemed to invite him to join her. It was weird, this whole situation feeling natural and her anxiety peaking but ebbing away as quickly as it came. She had never even considered speaking to a man outside of her marriage, much less spending time with one that was obviously flirting with her. Then again, she had never been a drug user before recently, had sworn never to see her mother again and had, and grew up believing she would never consider divorce yet was. Her life was changing before her eyes and it was as if some internal instincts knew exactly what to do.

Is this what it was like for my parents? The thought crossed her mind as both the image of Trevor and Kathleen, even her step dad, crossed her mind. They had all been drug users at some point. Still, I'll never be that bad. It's just for fun after all, not something I'm addicted to like they were. Sitting back, she seemed to think she had it all under control, even as a nagging sense of doubt tried to scrape its way into her brain and was shut out. "In any case, Mr. Ryan, for today and only today, I've chosen to escape reality and enjoy what I can make of it. Company would be nice, if you want to join me." A more natural smile did occur at this point as she sat back and reclined in her chair, the obvious buzz through her body causing her fingers to tap, her eyes to be constantly moving from one thing to another until they caught his gaze again and she couldn't look away.

She didn't know what she was doing, but for once, she didn't care. Things had been miserable lately. What harm could one day do as long as she didn't take it too far?

neverbackdown neverbackdown - Danger Man

En Route to Daisy's Cocktail Bar & Nightclub
~ Soho, London ~

Syd Porter

1695834125641.pngSo far, Syd hadn't felt much different since becoming the family boss. He had taken over as interim leader for a short time back in 1985 after his Uncle Conor, who had been boss at the time, was hospitalised, so the role wasn't entirely unfamiliar to him anyway, although that had been a very different situation. Still, he always took on as much responsibility as he could, even from his first day as a member of the business back when he was just 18 years old. His level of effort wouldn't change, because his passion he held for his family had never wavered; especially not now that three of his biggest role models had passed away. He wanted to honour his parents and his Godfather, Jackson, to support the ones inflicted by losses or trauma caused by past conflicts, and protect those who were still around.

That was why, on the anniversary of his mother's passing, Syd was on his way out to a tour of London with Spencer King. He had spent the morning grieving with Thomas, partly in an attempt to get it out of his system. His grief had only deepened since he had had to inform his younger brother of their mother’s death; watching his heart break when he learned the news brought Syd back to that awful time, and the pain felt as fresh as ever. But he did everything he could to support his brother. And even though it was devastating, it was the first anniversary that he got to share with his brother, and with his aunts and uncles, and that made it more complete. Like the funeral she would have wanted.

Syd's emotions were still on the surface, but he was calm and had his German Shepherd, Penny, walking at his side, so being in London seemed manageable enough - he even recognised parts from his days planning attacks in the '80s. Besides, if Spencer had a problem with him being in a somewhat emotional state, Syd wasn't afraid to defend himself. Especially on such a heavy day as this.

Syd stood waiting in his and Spencer’s designated meeting spot. His burned out cigarette slipped from between his fingers and hit the ground right next to the previous one, which he then crushed into the concrete. He was about to reach for a third when a car pulled up next to his, making him suddenly conscious of the gun on his belt. But it was just Spencer. He took a few steps forward to meet the man and shook his hand. “How’re you doing?” he responded, his voice still a little rough from the morning he had had. Spencer asked him if he and his family felt at all settled, to which Syd raised his eyebrows in thought. He had found Jeanie after Klaus had given him her address, but she hadn’t been keen to see him. Jane had hardly set foot outdoors since they had landed on British soil, Sebastian and Lucia had only just enrolled into their new schools, J.J. was training up to join the family business. Everyone was going at their own pace, but to Syd, nothing felt concrete. “Too early to tell, I guess,” he said, and looked down at Penny for a moment. “We’ve had a lot on our plates the last couple weeks. Haven’t really had a chance to start settling down…” Stuffing a hand in his pocket, he looked around at their surroundings, at London - somewhere Syd had never even thought he might have to live - before his eyes landed on Spencer. “What about you and yours?”

Even though there appeared to be no one else around, Syd still stepped closer to Spencer when he started outlining their plan for the day, and kept his eyes open for anyone who could potentially overhear them. Everything sounded pretty standard, nothing Syd wasn’t expecting - until he heard the name ‘Gabriel Moretti’. Syd took a sharp intake of breath as he processed what he had heard. Damian, the man who had brutally tortured Leo and Aliana. He hadn’t thought about him in years. The proposed war on the Carters hadn’t felt all that personal to Syd - he wouldn’t have felt compelled to fight against them if it hadn’t been for the fact he would see his family again - but now, to learn that one of Gabriel Moretti’s men was involved in a hit on the Carter’s behalf, he felt a stronger sense of purpose.

“Course,” Syd nodded, when Spencer explained that Daisy was now a part of his family. His eyes had grown darker, and in his chest there grew a fresh yet familiar hatred as he thought about Damian. “That slimy, piece of shit psycho fuck only works for the worst,” he seethed. “If the Carters have got him and others like him doing their dirty work, then whoever their targets are, they’re in deep shit.”

Syd looked back at Spencer with equal sincerity. He hadn’t got to know him too personally before and knew that he couldn’t trust him this early on, but when he looked the man in the eyes he felt he could see someone good. Strong. When asked if he had any concerns, none in particular sprung to mind - there were, as usual, too many to list - so he just continued to look deeply at him, as if trying to figure him out. He could ask the man questions about how he worked, what his values were and what he was like under pressure, but Syd knew he wouldn’t believe him until he saw it with his own eyes anyway. As for himself, there were warnings he could give about how to treat him, what to expect from him, how his illnesses and traumas may get in the way whilst out on jobs…but he felt too reluctant at this stage to give away his vulnerabilities. While he knew it may benefit Spencer to really know him if they were going to be working closely together, he couldn’t let those barriers down yet.

His gaze dropped and he slowly shook his head. “No concerns,” he said with a slight shrug. “We’ll make sure we’re on the same page about every move we make before we make it. I want to be able to trust you, but you’ll need to work hard to earn it. I know I’ll have to earn yours, too. Can we agree on that?” Syd put his hand out for Spencer to shake. It wasn’t a detailed request, but it was important to him nonetheless. The most important thing.

“Well, we have a lot to get on with,” he said. “Thanks for showing me around. I want to know London like your family and the Carters do so they won’t have the upper hand. Though we should make Daisy’s club our first stop - the sooner we can sort her with higher security the better.” He gestured to Spencer’s car. “Shall we?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer

Warehouse 0517 (Training Centre)

Dermot Murphy and Lucas Sullivan

1692569962303-png.1109615
Lucas watched Collin as he moved to take his turn. Free of any thoughts of attraction or crushing over his friend, he was watching more with interest and concern. He'd struggled himself with the idea of killing someone and he wondered if Collin would find it difficult too. Taking a step forward to get a view of Collin's distant target, he watched on as the shots were fired. He noticed his friend's hands shaking, but he passed no judgement as he'd been nervous too. The first shot missed any of the target, but the others improved, bringing a small smile to Lucas' face.

After he Collin was finished, Lucas relaxed his shoulders and regained a casual posture to play off any deeper concern he'd had. Collin then approached him and asked how he was. Lucas returned the uneasy smile with one of his own. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm okay," he quietly told him. He let out a low chuckle as it was pointed out Dermot wasn't going to support them emotionally. "You did well too. It's nerve-wracking, right? Especially with him stood watching," he commented, pointing at Dermot. "I don't suppose it's meant to be fun. Anyone who enjoys shooting people can't be all right in the head. But I came back here to see my family and to help them fight against those bullies in London. I know from our time in Dublin how much the people we care about need all the support they can get. I just hope... Well, I believe every fight doesn't have to end in someone dying. So I'd rather disable some guy that just fire that gun with the intention of killing him!"

Lucas looked ahead as J.J. took his turn. Like he had with Collin, he hoped his cousin would do well in his attempts and fight about the pressure. Although J.J. shook his head in dissatisfaction, Lucas smiled as he thought his cousin's first shot wasn't that bad. Like the rest of them, J.J. was nervous and that caused his final shot to mess up slightly. Still, when he took off the ear protectors, Lucas clapped his hands together. "Nice job!" he encouraged him.

Dermot took the ear protectors from J.J. and nodded his head when the young man said he made it look easy. "It comes with practice, mate. And I've had a lot of that," he gruffly told him. "The shake will go away in time. You need to become comfortable holding the weapon in your hand." He looked to the others as he continued to speak, his voice addressing all three of them now. "When you're holding a gun, you're in control of it and you're in control of the bullet's destiny. Don't be afraid of the weapon. With confidence, it will become almost second nature to grip the weapon and take aim. But it's not only about mastering a weapon, but also being able to make quick decisions. Sometimes, split second decisions. And whether intentional or not, you need to be prepared for the fact you may one day kill another human. You all came back here wanting to join this fight and the sooner you all realise what you're getting yourselves into, the better! I've made people become widows. Children become orphans. Even those who survive being shot may have had life-changing injuries, so I've fucked up a few blokes lives too."

Lucas swallowed hard as Dermot suddenly hit them with a barrage of serious food for thought. Regardless, he stood tall, trying to tell himself he was prepared for that. He'd only be shooting at bad guys; people who knew what they were signing up for. He'd be doing it for his family, right?

Dermot continued on. "Okay, boys. I want you all to go up to the gym and meet with Olivia so you can sweat it out for the rest of the afternoon. I want you all to go away and think hard about this. I want you back here, 8am tomorrow. If you wake up in the morning and you don't think you can hack this, then stay the fuck in bed." Dermot then flashed a smile. "For the record, you all did pretty good for your first tries. I hope I'll get to watch you lads improve," he finally reassured them.

Bellz Bellz (J.J., Collin)

~ Soho, London ~

Julia Avvocata

tumblr_a789e18da8bf8b158c314ac1735e704e_6535cd82_2048.jpeg
Dion was as flirtatious as ever, which could be a distraction if Julia wasn't careful. Especially with the way he moved a strand of hair out of her face so smoothly, her eyes watching him with a slightly raised brow and an amused twitch of her lips. His tone was dark and dangerous. "Sometimes it's just nice to be reminded." She said, her voice a little rough, as she flashed him a smile. The way they had been able to get in so easily was a little...fishy, to Julia but she was at least glad they didn't have to waste any of their energy on some useless bouncer. The guy didn't even pat them down. Odd. Julia looked to Dion, who had been smirking a little. Julia remained straight-faced, unsure what to think and not liking being caught off guard by anything. She enjoyed being the one to surprise not the one getting the surprise. Maybe this casual entrance meant that they knew they were coming. Or maybe it was because it was the middle of the afternoon at the club? Either way, Julia was on edge now.

The place wasn't packed, even still, they had to be on alert. "I hope it's been a lot. Little bitch deserves it." Julia said, a smile forming on her face only briefly before it was time to get down to business. Julia was only just starting to look around when Dion uttered the word bar, batting her arm lightly, the woman turned to look towards the bar almost casually to see Daisy with another woman. She looked as upset, as expected for someone who had just lost family. Julia had no room in her heart for sympathy. Especially for people who were meant to give her boss what he was owed. Life moved on, even after the death of someone you loved...

Dion glanced Julia's way and the woman nodded for him to proceed toward Daisy. She followed behind him, looking around as she moved to feel for her own weapon that was cleverly concealed in the waistline of her pants under her coat, acting as if she was scratching at her side. After taking a seat next to Daisy on her right, Julia ordered a glass of white wine, before turning her attention to Dion and Daisy as Dion spoke. The man noted that there weren't a lot of people in the club, not bothering to look around. They had managed to see enough. Julia spun her barstool around so that her back was facing the bartender, and her front was facing the room. She wasn't going to get any surprises.

"That would have been smart. Spend it on security rather than this tacky decor. What are these colors? Must be more appealing for the night crowd." Julia had chimed in, looking around before her eyes glanced at Daisy. The woman insisted that things would pick up, before adding that it must be doing well if their boss felt his profits were threatened enough to take a cut of hers. Julia let out a small snicker, shaking her head. "You've got spunk, kid."

The bartender, Noel asked for money and Julia didn't even bother to glance his way, just moving to grab her glass of wine before raising it and taking a sip. Free drinks were a guarantee it seemed. Dion managed to figure out the name of Daisy's poor dead brother, and that seemed to really get her upset. The woman looked away and Julia watched her, with somewhat genuine interest. Not for her feelings, but more like a predator watching its prey. Wondering what it could possibly do next to attempt to escape its clutches in a pathetic move of desperation.

Dion then asked Daisy if she knew why both himself and Julia were there and the young woman let out a deep breath, shrugging her shoulders. Julia moved to hold her drink near her chest, just watching Daisy as she sat back a little in her seat for a moment, guessing that they were both at the club for a couple of drinks in a peaceful club atmosphere. Daisy insisted that anything else, she couldn't help them with, that her brother was dead and Ezekiel had his favorite girl back on the job. Daisy stepped down from her stool and stood and it took everything in Julia to not reach out and forcefully grab her and shove her back down in her seat. While the club was empty, it wasn't that empty. "Oh I assure you, Daisy, you have a lot more to offer than you think," Julia said, her voice low as she moved out of her stool, standing as she moved to meet Daisy where she stood. Her head tilted to the left slightly as she looked down at the young woman. Clearly, she was upset, over all of this. But they weren't finished yet.

"And the last thing you want is for him to come in here and demand what we are demanding from you. He's a very busy man. Things will get messy." Julia looked at Daisy, her eyes unwavering as they stared straight at her with an intensity meant to get her back in her seat.

But, with as much patience as Julia could have during times like this...there came moments where she just. didn't. care.

Her eyes looked to Dion briefly before one of her hands shot out to grab Daisy by the wrist to twist her arm forcefully. When it made contact with her, she grabbed her wrist and twisted it without much mercy behind her back. Her other hand brandished the knife she had in her pocket, letting the blade flick out with the twist of her thumb. "Now you for some reason think you are in control of this situation, that you have this...power. You would be incorrect." Julia's hand continued to twist Daisy's arm further behind her back, the blade she had now moving to that arm just by the shoulder blade and neck.

"Child, do yourself a favor. Take a fucking seat!" She seethed through her teeth, Julia's eyes now hard without any sense of calm and patience that she'd had before.
with: Dion Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Daisy Misty Gray Misty Gray

En Route to Daisy's Cocktail Bar & Nightclub
~ Soho, London ~

Spencer King

1692569925955-png.1109613
Spencer followed Syd's gaze to the dog as the man began explaining it was too early to tell if his family were feeling settled in London. For Spencer and Shona, this was their home and a place they knew so well, but he knew it was a big change and a new challenge for his own children too. As much as he felt settled, he knew it would take time for Lottie in particular to feel used to their London home. He nodded his head in understanding when Syd explained he hadn't had chance to settle yet. "I'm as settled as I can be at this stage. Shona and the kids might take longer, especially my youngest as she doesn't deal with change too easily and this is a lot of change!" He paused and shrugged his shoulders. "Bethnal Green, and the rest of London, have always been my home, so it feels good to be back. But at the same time, it don't feel right. Things are off and I don't just mean through the city's progression over the years. More like, Carter's impact on the place needs erasing."

Spencer had noticed the sharp breath Syd took at mention of Gabriel Moretti and Damian Nicolosi, but it was no surprise. After what the Italians had done to the Irish over the years, including killing Syd's father, it was to be expected. This was soon followed by Syd's seething words against Damian - words Spencer couldn't deny were accurate from what he'd known of the man back in 1985. He hadn't forgotten when the Morettis went against the Kings' wishes to snatch Callum back from Savannah, drugging the child and shooting Savannah in the process. If he hadn't already had distaste for the Italians before that, it had certainly been the nail in the coffin. "You're right there. The bloke's a fucking sinister freak. I'm not convinced he's even human."

As the conversation turned to whether Syd had concerns, Spencer couldn't help but feel the other man was holding back. He understood working on the same side was new territory for them, especially considering the time their families had spent at war with each other. The way Syd was staring at him made it clear he was still uncertain about him. Eventually, the Irishman broke his gaze and told him he had no concerns. It wasn't the most convincing of answers but Spencer wasn't about to push him at this early stage. He knew he could be pushy and full on with people, which he believed he was right to be. But this time, he had the voices of Interpol and his family in his head telling him to make this partnership work. Spencer was willing to be patient for now.

When Syd went on to say he would have to work hard to earn his trust, Spencer couldn't help but let out a dry laugh. It wasn't at Syd's expense, more at their own mutual expense given that he felt the same about him. Family ties and shared mission aside, it wasn't in his nature to trust so easily. "We can agree on that. We both need to earn each others' trust," he said, accepting the handshake Syd offered him. "When I spoke with Conor at the safehouse a couple of weeks back, he warned me about us. That we both had things in common... like this," he remarked, referring to their difficulty trusting and letting people in.

Thankfully they managed to break the initial ice and Syd was ready to be shown around London. "I'll make sure to give you the full tour. There's still places the Carters don't know about, so we can use those to our advantage." With the suggestion of paying Daisy a visit first, Spencer nodded in agreement. "Agreed. Probably best to get there before the place gets busy too, so we don't have to watch our backs from all angles."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd)

~ Soho, London ~

Spencer King and Daisy Richardson

1695327864262-png.1115295
Spencer parked the car in the first empty space further along the street from Daisy's nightclub. Before getting out of the car, he retrieved his pistol from under his seat and slotted it securely in the belt of his jeans. As he climbed out of the car, he made sure his shirt and jacket concealed the weapon. "Ready to see what this place has to offer?" he asked Syd, not expecting much from the nightclub. More than anything, he was keen to meet Jakob's girlfriend and assess the club's security needs.

Spencer walked alongside Syd and stopped when they reached the main entrance where the security guard was standing. The man looked Syd over, but it was Spencer who his eyes lingered on as he took a good long look. Spencer glanced to Syd, rolling his eyes as he tried not to show his irritation at being looked over. "Is there a problem or can two blokes go inside for a few drinks?" he flatly asked.

Something seemed to visibly register in the security guard's head and he seemed to relax, stopping staring the two men down. He'd lived in London all of his life and worked in security the whole of his adult life. The beard, along with the belief Spencer King was dead, had thrown him off a little, but he soon realised why Spencer was familiar. He was shocked to see the man alive and well, but he managed to wipe that surprise from his face. Given what he did know of the Kings, he was sure they would be carrying weapons. But who was he to stop them from entering the club? He knew Jakob was Alex's cousin and given that Daisy was romantically involved with Jakob, he wasn't worried for her. If anything, it was Julia and Dion whose presence he was concerned about. "No problem at all, lads. You head on inside..."

*****​

abdba3f2e0e98770682f25137ed11ad8.jpgDaisy didn't flinch when Julia followed suit and stood from her stool, assuring her she did have more to offer. Daisy directed her gaze away from Julia and Dion as the former told her the last thing she wanted was for Ezekiel to show up to get what he wanted. She looked back at Julia when the woman said things will get messy. "News flash! Things are already messy. I don't think your boss can make more of a mess than he already has!" he argued.

Caught by surprise, Daisy let out a yelp when Julia grab her wrist and twisted her arm behind her back. As the blade of the knife was then brought into view, Daisy held back from verbally abusing the other woman. Along with Julia's words to tell her she had no power in the situation, she moved the blade to her neck. Daisy tightened her jaw and willed herself to stay quiet, knowing this wasn't exactly a position where she could afford to keep arguing back. Once again, Ezekiel was going to get his way and she knew she couldn't fight it. Standing still in place so Julia didn't do anything drastic, Daisy listened as she was told to sit down. Making it clear she wasn't going to protest any further, Daisy waited until her arm was released and begrudgingly moved back into her seat.

Meanwhile, the security guard was in the process of stepping aside for Spencer and Syd could enter the club. "Be careful. The man and woman at the bar with Daisy are not there on a social call," he warned them.

As soon as they stepped into the building and looked towards the bar, it was easy to see Daisy was caught in a hostile situation. The arm being held behind her back was enough of a giveaway, but then Spencer was sure he caught sight of a knife. Unconsciously moving his hand close to where his gun was concealed, he was at least relieved to see Daisy released so she could move back into her seat without injury. "Two fucking minutes in this city and already time to sort out the trash," Spencer commented to Syd as he cocked his head to the side, in the direction of the bar.

Approaching the bar with a confidence in his step, Spencer sent a smile Noel's way as the barman stood uncomfortably a short distance away. He then looked at Daisy for a moment to confirm she fit the description he'd been given. When she looked back at Spencer, she knew straight away who he was, having seen photographs before and been warned already that the Kings were back in town.

Unaware of who Julia was and her history with Syd, Spencer wasn't expecting more trouble than what he was seeing at face value. "What's the problem here?" he asked, fixing his eyes on Dion. "Only, your friend here looked to be getting in Daisy's personal space," he said, turning back to look at Julia. "What are you both after?" he asked them, no doubts in his mind they were two of Ezekiel's employees.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Syd, Dion) Bellz Bellz (Julia)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back