• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ▐⋆⊱THE BRASS CANINE: Britannica Lost OOC [ Public Welcome! ]

Okay so, how brief are you wanting the app description?

EDIT
Adding the question of what it is it like being a werebeast or just any super-natural among the Templar Ranks, I imagine in some way you must accept their faith and be against the existence of super-naurals? Are super-naturals forced to any other things, do they have to wear collars, or wear something in honor and unity of the Templars?
We encourage the app to be brief,
a paragraph should be fine. We want to get
to know you and your writing first. Character
creation and fleshing out who they are happens
best once you're accepted and working with others.
🥰

Templars are strictly mortals. The Templar's purpose
is to destroy and purge all immortal/supernatural life.
That being said, they are not above working with their
enemy to achieve this goal. You'd have to be a fairly shitty
individual to want to work against your own kind.
Elias is a fine example of this. 🤣
To the other questions, you'll have to wait and see!
👀

Alright imglad I asked because I think I was going to write more than I needed to

EDIT well my app was sent, not gonna lie, I'm apprehensive

Last edited:
FR7Adgg.png

cooked up by @ashwynne and nighteyes nighteyes
faust01.png
Courtesy of @leviathan., our beloved Code Sorcerer.

A LITTLE TROUBLE IN THE BIG EASY:
TERROR ON THE DOCKS FOLLOWING TEMPLAR INVASION!

═══════════
Britain looking to add a new jewel to the Empire's crown? Reprise of 1812?
═══════════
Passerby partaking in the illustrious night life were thrown into a fever dream of the strangest caliber when the city was inundated with soldiers of the Templar Order, a band of metal-clad ruffians with a fashion sense caught up in an unfortunate Neo-Medieval phase. The chaos began near Jackson Square, with skirmishes breaking out in the streets and on the waterfront. Witnesses also report seeing the city's bestial denizens violating city ordinances. Assessment of property damage is still ongoing. Has this foreign faction gone rogue, or is the British Empire's eye wandering westward yet again? Should New Orleans throw a tea party for these guests, Boston-style?

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
═══════════
Keep your eyes peeled for the debut of a new column, where we lay bare the souls of the city's most curious denizens. Our next edition will feature an exclusive sit-down with the sticky-fingered and deceptively angelic Cassandra Caldecott! And if this is a big hit, this intrepid journalist might just get a raise!
Editor's Note:
DBFOMBr.gif

Annual Gumbo Cookoff!
═══════════
Dear readers, gird your Andouille and ready your roux, because New Orleans is treading into a magical time of year. When the first chill finally comes to cut through the humidity, everyone can expect to find a long-loved dish perfuming the air, and you know what that means... that's right, the Annual Gumbo Cookoff is approaching! Sign up before it's too late! Last year's first prize winner, Marie Hebert, will be serving as a judge.

Beloved Marigny Fixture Granted a New Lease on Life.
═══════════​
For many years a ghost has sat at the corner of Dauphine and St. Ferdinand, boarded up and stripped of its stained glass. Members of the city's German immigrant community once flocked to Holy Trinity Catholic Church until it was closed and thereafter became a popular haunt among adolescents. Having passed into new ownership, the better part of a year was spent reinvigorating the historic building, and this newspaper is pleased to report that its grand reopening as the Marigny Opera House has been set. What was once a house of God is now a house of the performing arts, but if you're looking to say I do in the future, this may be the venue for you. Some among New Orleans' elite are rumored to have already booked the Marigny in advance.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Experience NOLA in a wondrous new way, with the wind in your hair and the sounds of bells in your ears. The same streetcars you know and love, now powered by electricity. Rest your feet and ride a streetcar today! Brought to you by the Pontchartrain Railroad Company.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MYSTERIOUS MENAGERIE RUFFLES FEATHERS.
═══════════​
A motley group of feathered friends has taken up residence in City Park. What strange wind is blowing to bring such unique ducks (and two swans, according to reports) to the Big Easy? It's become quite the spectacle to passers-by and bird-watchers, but even more so for ornithologists keen on documenting these goings-on, which led to an unfortunate incident last Thursday. A local man intent on capturing what he believed to be a new species incurred the fowl ire of the flock and was quickly set upon. Eyewitnesses have reported some of the ducks as having brandished weapons in their beaks during the attack. The city council has taken decisive action in light of the event, voting to set up fencing around this poultry posse's stomping grounds. The New Orleans Police Department, acting in cooperation, has agreed to task officers with patrolling near the pond twice a day. A local gardener, one Fiachra Mac Síthigh, has also been acting as de-facto diplomat for city officials. An immigrant who speaks in brogue and is averse to this journalist's questioning, he is one of the privileged few the flock will allow close. When he isn't assisting with the park's upkeep with a smoking pipe clenched in his teeth, he is frequently sighted at the pond's edge. "He's been a real great help to us negotiating a relocation. Refuses pay and says all he needs is a few days off every month," says Officer Theroux. "We also understand y'all are going quackers for these cute critters, but please admire from a distance." To reduce litter, dear readers, please refrain from bringing fan mail and food to the ducks. Any caught in violation will receive a fine. To sate public interest, we're compiling dossiers on the flock. Our correspondents at Picrew are working round the clock to have illustrations ready for our next update on this saga.

Last edited:
Hello; I was wondering if I can reapply? If so, I start by submitting the application as I did before right? If you're no longer taking characters at this time I understand.

Hello; I was wondering if I can reapply? If so, I start by submitting the application as I did before right? If you're no longer taking characters at this time I understand.
Absolutely! Just follow the same steps as before. <3

I am utterly amazed at this roleplays longevity, writing ability, and clean BBCode formatting.

For anyone watching and wondering whether or not to join the RP, we are actively seeking new players.
The recruitment page will be updated in the next few days. :closed eyes open smile:

Animated GIF

We have a new interest check that has been updated with available roles crafted by our fantastic cast of roleplayers!
If we have anyone who would be interested in joining, please don't hesitate in checking it out!

Hi! Since this is an older roleplay I wanted to check before I got too excited: how many players do you have that are still active in the roleplay? And kinda' going along with that, is there any particular role(s) y'all find you are lacking in/in need of?

I can tell a lot of thought and love has been put into this roleplay and I love to see that. :>

Hi! Since this is an older roleplay I wanted to check before I got too excited: how many players do you have that are still active in the roleplay? And kinda' going along with that, is there any particular role(s) y'all find you are lacking in/in need of?

I can tell a lot of thought and love has been put into this roleplay and I love to see that. :>
Hi! Thank you for your interest!
I'll link you to our search thread that has more up to date information on roles and such 💕
Have a look through and any questions you have about them feel free to ask!

Hi! Thank you for your interest!
I'll link you to our search thread that has more up to date information on roles and such 💕
Have a look through and any questions you have about them feel free to ask!

Oh I found y'all via the search thread originally! :> I thought about mentioning that I'd peeked at the available roles originally but then forgot to say that lol.

I guess I meant I wasn't sure how much the available roles were prioritized/needed? Like if they would really help with current plot events or if they were just kinda' suggestions?

I also wasn't quite sure just by looking at the character profiles page how many of those characters are still active? By appearances the factions seem pretty balanced, but if like for example two players that were playing vampires were unable to continue roleplaying for some reason and suddenly there was just one vampire left, then I'd assume y'all would be looking for more vampire characters. You know what I mean?
(Unless they've made it to where GMs can delete other posts, but like idk I haven't made a group roleplay here in a longass time and I remember being so annoyed by the character thread being cluttered with people who ditched and I couldn't do anything to tidy it up lol.)

THAT BEING SAID. I HAD asked those questions before I'd read up on the full application process, and I think you guys do a lot more to vet whether or not people would be fit for the roleplay. So idk how you feel about it, but I can TOTALLY see how going through that process would mean a LOT LESS people bailing on the roleplay. I LOVE the idea of having specific nights for just coming together and plotting for the roleplay. :') Having a roleplay ongoing for a decade+ is NO JOKE there must be so much more history here.

Oh I found y'all via the search thread originally! :> I thought about mentioning that I'd peeked at the available roles originally but then forgot to say that lol.

I guess I meant I wasn't sure how much the available roles were prioritized/needed? Like if they would really help with current plot events or if they were just kinda' suggestions?

I also wasn't quite sure just by looking at the character profiles page how many of those characters are still active? By appearances the factions seem pretty balanced, but if like for example two players that were playing vampires were unable to continue roleplaying for some reason and suddenly there was just one vampire left, then I'd assume y'all would be looking for more vampire characters. You know what I mean?
(Unless they've made it to where GMs can delete other posts, but like idk I haven't made a group roleplay here in a longass time and I remember being so annoyed by the character thread being cluttered with people who ditched and I couldn't do anything to tidy it up lol.)

THAT BEING SAID. I HAD asked those questions before I'd read up on the full application process, and I think you guys do a lot more to vet whether or not people would be fit for the roleplay. So idk how you feel about it, but I can TOTALLY see how going through that process would mean a LOT LESS people bailing on the roleplay. I LOVE the idea of having specific nights for just coming together and plotting for the roleplay. :') Having a roleplay ongoing for a decade+ is NO JOKE there must be so much more history here.
Hello there, thank you so much for stopping by!! As far as numbers go, at the moment we're hoping to see new blood in the Templars - the available roles are flexible character concepts that can be reworked and altered. We're here to support you during the creation process for whatever you need, whether that's brainstorming or having someone to bounce ideas off of, and we'll work with you to integrate your character into the story and plots ☺️

Hello there, thank you so much for stopping by!! As far as numbers go, at the moment we're hoping to see new blood in the Templars - the available roles are flexible character concepts that can be reworked and altered. We're here to support you during the creation process for whatever you need, whether that's brainstorming or having someone to bounce ideas off of, and we'll work with you to integrate your character into the story and plots ☺️
Understood, thank you! I'll keep reading and let you all know if I have any more questions. :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back