• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ▐⋆⊱THE BRASS CANINE: Britannica Lost OOC [ Public Welcome! ]

giphy.gif

Hello everyone, You don't know me yet but I had some questions on the intricacies of werebeasts, as I am currently writing my application. Are beast forms purely hereditary in terms of species, for example if werebeast mom and pop are bears, can then their offspring only shift to bears? Or if mom is a bird and dad is a deer, can then the werebeast only shift into a bird or a deer?

Also, I was reading character profiles (nice material everyone!<3) And I saw a something special that had me slam hands on the table, Eureka! But naturally requires permission and me asking if this would be okay with characters involved as well as the mods. Namely legalrehab legalrehab your character, Seiko (Kirin), as I look to play his child (would-be son), though my character would not know of Seiko as his father and likely be told a tall tale about his family or even that he is a child of the Emperor, who knows, I'm still playing with what exactly this may be. But I have also realized a few possible problems with this aside permission which has me asking the question of- how long ago did Seiko's coma last, and the length of time from him awakening and the departing the country (as this determines the child's age)?

If you decide you would not like my character to be the child mentioned in Seiko's lore, I will respect this.

SO0o0o0oo0o0 excited to see
someone using our OOC <3

I'll let legalrehab legalrehab answer for himself, but I can help
with the other Q's!
1. Yes, beasts are hereditary to their parents.
The general rule of thumb is the child will take after the mother. So if mom
is a wolf and dad is a bird, you're going to 95% of the time have a wolf.

Won't say it isn't impossible to go the other way, just rare
(We don't get a ton of kids so it's something welcome to explore).

2. I don't see any issue playing the child of a character!
So long as peeps are cool with it, of course!

Depends on how young you want them to be, if
you do go the route of Seiko's kid. Werebeast children
will grow around the same speed as mortals, but once they
hit puberty they really start to come into their beast fully.
Ageing slows around maturity, taking hundreds of years to
gain any real traction between looking in your 20's to
your 60's.

Chimeric Chimeric

Hello friend! Nice to meet you :) Glad we peaked your interest~

I'd be interested in seeing what you come up with! Realistically Seiko never met his child and never expects/expected to, so you can be pretty free with backstory and everything. Since he was proclaimed dead by his country as were his comrades you can even take creative liberty about who his parental figures were. Honestly I can't think of much you'd have to worry about in writing a character with that kind of story. In regards to the paternal beast question, I didn't ever pick something that 'Tsukiyomi' was so feel free for it to be a beast of your choice :)

His coma lasted around 15 years. He wandered Japan for only a few years afterwards before immigrating to America making his would-be child somewhere between 16-20ish. I never gave a specific date for it so there no need to force one I suppose :)

Hope that helps, and if there is anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you so much for this information!

Another question I have are about abilities, I see characters have some, and that they don't necessarily occur simply because of their species/race, and I am inquisitive and concerned about the limitations and field of that? Being a child, I don't see him having many abilities but I want to ask for the future and just to understand?

However I do see him struggling in the beginning with turning into his beast; which leads me to ask about these collars- what made them special to help control the wearer's turning and rampaging?

Thank you so much for this information!

Another question I have are about abilities, I see characters have some, and that they don't necessarily occur simply because of their species/race, and I am inquisitive and concerned about the limitations and field of that? Being a child, I don't see him having many abilities but I want to ask for the future and just to understand?

However I do see him struggling in the beginning with turning into his beast; which leads me to ask about these collars- what made them special to help control the wearer's turning and rampaging?
I'll try not to go on a tangent LOL

All characters start with 2 abilities (either Passive or Active, or both).
Abilities are unique to the character and who they are, and can
be relative to their beast, or not, it's up to you.
As events happen in the RP characters will gain opportunities to
earn more abilities.

As this is a story about war and espionage we encourage
abilities that will aid characters in their role/journey. If you
are playing a combat-focused role, you will want active abilities that
strengthen their fighting capabilities. If you play a character that
is more sneaky and in the shadows, you will want more passive
abilities. These can be upgraded and swapped out over time.

Are there any concerns or questions in particular that you
have about limitations?

On the subject of collars, they aren't needed or used
anymore, so it shouldn't be something to worry about.
They were a feature of the RP in years past.
Most werebeasts were forced to wear collars that
essentially 'tamed' the beast inside, keeping them
from transforming against their will, as the moon
was full and eternal.
Now that the sun has returned, Beasts do not
require them, unless the moon is full and it can
act as a suppressant.
In short, what made them special was unique to the
individual and their beast. Some people had earrings,
other had rings, a bracelet, etc. It was a personal choice.

I like that a lot and with the background I'm writing that's going to be a nice addition (collars).

In terms of abilities, I can tell you I am thinking about one that's buffing allies, or hindering opponents, and maybe a personal ability (deciding between these three). I have ideas for each but I will wait until I am completed with the app to say anything more, if something seems too overwhelming you and antarctic will tell me! <3

Impulsive question that I don't remember reading an answer on- in beast form, can they speak where humans/non-werebeasts can understand them?

Impulsive question that I don't remember reading an answer on- in beast form, can they speak where humans/non-werebeasts can understand them?
Short answer: No. When a beast is in their native
form, they are fully immersed. So no like... speaking

English or anything. 😅

Long Answer: Beasts in form can communicate
through telepathy, but only once they have grasped
it through age and practice.
Characters like Dutch, Nascha, and younger ones ike
Kenna and Beau are not able to
distinguish this ability yet
(to give you a sense of age).

Okay so, how brief are you wanting the app description?

EDIT
Adding the question of what it is it like being a werebeast or just any super-natural among the Templar Ranks, I imagine in some way you must accept their faith and be against the existence of super-naurals? Are super-naturals forced to any other things, do they have to wear collars, or wear something in honor and unity of the Templars?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back