• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Blackout Club (You don't need to be familiar with the game to join) - Interest Check

Geozaki

Baby Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey, so I recently got back into the Blackout Club after a while and, having forgotten how great it as, am now slightly obsessed. And so I thought that I'd give making an RP based on it could be quite fun! So here we are.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Blackout Club, here's a brief rundown:
Redacre is a small town located in the National Radio Quiet Zone which is a large are of land in the united states in which radio transmissions and other forms of wireless communication, such as phone signals, are heavily restricted by law to facilitate scientific research and the gathering of military intelligence. A company known as the CHORUS have created a 'local network' of sorts, allowing all residents of Redacre to contact each other but still not providing any standard phone signal or any other means of contacting the outside world. By day, Redacre is just an average town with normal people living normal lives, but bu night, that couldn't be further from the truth. When night falls, the adults of Redacre all begin to sleepwalk mumbling nonsense and reacting violently to any sounds they hear. Many of the adults work in a labyrinth of tunnels underground while they sleepwalk, these tunnels run between all houses in Redacre. No one's sure what these tunnels are for and during the day they are sealed off from the world, hidden behind maintenance doors and the such. While the adults of Redacre sleepwalk at night, the children of Redacre also experience 'blackouts' of their own. Many of the kids wake up in strange places covered in mud and blood with no knowledge of how they got there, when the children try to tell their parents, the adults refuse to believe them, either laughing at the children's strange fears or passing it off as an overactive imagination. In response, the blackout club was formed a group of the children of reducer who try to gather evidence of the strange phenomena occurring in Redacre as well as stepping in to help others and protect themselves and their families from threats that the adults refuse to even acknowledge exist. On top of all of this, some of the children are claiming that they are in contact with strange entities known as 'demons' or 'gods' or simply just as 'Voices'.

RP Based Info:
There is a lot more to it but that's a simple explanation of the lore to try and help anyone unfamiliar with the game decide whether or not they like the sound of it. For those of you familiar with the game, there will be some differences between the gameplay and this RP in order to make the RP more immersive and easier to follow/keep track of but these changes shouldn't be massive in any way.

Characters:
In an ideal world, we would have enough people for adults and children to be RPed and maybe even some people for the voices but until I have a rough idea of how many people there will be I can't be completely sure. If you specifically want to be a child, adult or voice then please say so just so I have a general idea, if you're not specifically attached to being one specific type of character then that's cool too. Also, if you wish to play multiple characters then that's great! Feel free to play as many or as few characters as you want and/or feel you can manage.

So yeah, that's my idea, I hope y'all like it!

This sounds like the kind of spooky content I live for! I've never heard of the game but I want to look it up now.

Anyways I'm down!

Hey! Pipsqueak Pipsqueak galaxywxlf galaxywxlf ThatKiwi1 ThatKiwi1
(Sorry for the tag just wanted to make sure anyone who has shown interest, even if in a small way, would be able to read this).

I would like to apologise for not having posted anything on this for so long, some IRL stuff came up and I've been unable to be on RPN for a little while. I'm 100% still up for this RP if you guys are, but if you're not, then that's cool, I totally understand. We could have a small RP just with the handful of us there are if no one else shows up which could be quite nice. Obviously, it would mean cutting out some additional content from the game to make it more suited for a small RP group but I think it could also make for a more... 'intimate' RP too.

Also, if anyone new sees this, you're still more than welcome to join!
Sorry again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back