• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ⧫ The Black Hand ⧫ OOC ⧫

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Any chance you're up for having a sister?

I'd always be up for it!

My guy more or less abandoned the family a few years ago because he hated the criminal aspect of it all and so joined the military. He got sent to Vietnam and was stationed there for a little bit until artillery did him in. Now he's unexpectedly turned up back home whilst he recovers and decides whether he wants to go back to Nam as the war fully kicks in for the US. Naturally suffering PTSD and developing a morphine addiction to deal with it.

ailurophile ailurophile Ooh, could I make one of Crystal's girls? A stripper getting involved with the mafia is just an interesting idea to me!

As for myself, I was planning on making the wife of one of the dons, though I may drop the idea if ^^^ is allowed!
Yes, of course! Her own daughter is a bit of a disappointment so I was hoping for a girl or two for her to actually like.

I'd always be up for it!

My guy more or less abandoned the family a few years ago because he hated the criminal aspect of it all and so joined the military. He got sent to Vietnam and was stationed there for a little bit until artillery did him in. Now he's unexpectedly turned up back home whilst he recovers and decides whether he wants to go back to Nam as the war fully kicks in for the US. Naturally suffering PTSD and developing a morphine addiction to deal with it.

Sounds fun. Long lost brother returning all messed up makes for good drama.

I believe the whole Limina family is completely uninhabited as well, if someone wants to try their hands at a Don.
I almost forgot about them, good point! There’s the Irish Mob too, but I think they’re closed for the moment.

I just realized that, since Don Attilio is dead, my character is going to serve the offspring(s)... Do you think I should serve all of them or just one?

I just realized that, since Don Attilio is dead, my character is going to serve the offspring(s)... Do you think I should serve all of them or just one?
I like to think that the siblings will be fairly united at the beginning, so I think there'll be time to choose actual allegiances IC, I assume most of the old Don's administration will be functioning as it was previously for the moment.

I like to think that the siblings will be fairly united at the beginning, so I think there'll be time to choose actual allegiances IC, I assume most of the old Don's administration will be functioning as it was previously for the moment.
That’s what you think. Just wait till the Jewish Mafia rolls up and makes our demands known.

Ooh. Alright Mr. Somnus!

Since I really wanted an in-between character, I’m planning on making an information broker who doesn’t actually play by the rules. As computers aren’t options at this point in time, he operates through other methods, especially when it comes to the mafias. If you want info from him, you must give him a secret of equal value. He’s local and doesn’t know a lot about the groups from other areas, which is why he’s willing to lower his “prices” for them, so to speak. Details are still up in the air, as you can probably tell. I’d like to bounce some ideas around before getting into the nitty gritty.

Since I really wanted an in-between character, I’m planning on making an information broker who doesn’t actually play by the rules. As computers aren’t options at this point in time, he operates through other methods, especially when it comes to the mafias. If you want info from him, you must give him a secret of equal value. He’s local and doesn’t know a lot about the groups from other areas, which is why he’s willing to lower his “prices” for them, so to speak. Details are still up in the air, as you can probably tell. I’d like to bounce some ideas around before getting into the nitty gritty.
I’d definitely think this character would fit in well with the police honestly, if you needed a group to put him in. We’re currently neutral more or less with some leanings towards the Irish’s Mob, and we probably hear a lot of rumors from just our every day job. And then you’d have police secrets to all deal out to curious or worried gangsters! Just my suggestion though, as the humble police chief of this city.

hello, all ! i'm 'crucialstar' also known as mera around these parts ( sometimes cruci or vee ) ! [ writing here to get notified ooc-ly and all ]
i was thinking of playing someone from the Scilabra family? or even someone from the Triads? a worker from the strip club is fun or maybe even speakseasy worker | singer of the sort?

i don't have a clear concept since it depends where my character is going but. . .
i have a faceclaim in mind already but ahhh

Anyone taken the Black Mafia yet?
I think Mion Mion is playing an African american Mafioso. You’d have to check with him!
hello, all ! i'm 'crucialstar' also known as mera around these parts ( sometimes cruci or vee ) ! [ writing here to get notified ooc-ly and all ]
i was thinking of playing someone from the Scilabra family? or even someone from the Triads? a worker from the strip club is fun or maybe even speakseasy worker | singer of the sort?

i don't have a clear concept since it depends where my character is going but. . .
i have a faceclaim in mind already but ahhh
Hey! Nice to see you again Mera!

I have an idea of being a book keeper for the Cavallaro, someone who keeps tracks of the jobs, exports, imports that sort of thing.

I have an idea of being a book keeper for the Cavallaro, someone who keeps tracks of the jobs, exports, imports that sort of thing.
Really? I want to be a bookie also! Maybe it's plausible for there to be two bookies in Cavallaro family? I mean, since the family is so reach and imo have large amount of members?

Yeah, like you said it is plausible enough that they would have multiple bookies. Also I wouldn't mind working for another gang if that would be more interesting.

Update: Information broker is now female because a). I don't play female characters often enough and b). I can't find any good male faceclaims as of late.

I’d definitely think this character would fit in well with the police honestly, if you needed a group to put him in. We’re currently neutral more or less with some leanings towards the Irish’s Mob, and we probably hear a lot of rumors from just our every day job. And then you’d have police secrets to all deal out to curious or worried gangsters! Just my suggestion though, as the humble police chief of this city.
I was definitely thinking of having her with connections to the police, so this will be nice. Perhaps she could be an information broker by day, anonymous informant by night? Haha, that seems like quite the mix of professions. I like it.

Gunnhildr Gunnhildr SirGrey SirGrey
I think we’d rather have a variety of roles for a single group before we double up on some. Two bookies can work if maybe one of you were inexperienced and learning from the other? Maybe someone who is slowly getting promoted to the job but still new to it, so it’s not like you’re both the exact same thing.

If not, I’d say maybe one of you two could be a bookie for @Bradchon’s mafia family? It’s also really populated so it seems promising to me.

deer deer I’m glad you recognize me! I’m very good Vee, yourself?

Update: Information broker is now female because a). I don't play female characters often enough and b). I can't find any good male faceclaims as of late.

I was definitely thinking of having her with connections to the police, so this will be nice. Perhaps she could be an information broker by day, anonymous informant by night? Haha, that seems like quite the mix of professions. I like it.
I like that change, because I have a feeling that most of the more public and influential figures of the Rp will be male just due to the time period. So someone intelligent and shadow-y being a woman is real cool to me.

What sort of connections did you have in mind, just a friend to cops then and knows a lot or would she have an active role in the force?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back