• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐…๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ญ ๐–๐š๐ซ

RIPSaidCone

tolmie
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐…๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ญ ๐–๐š๐ซ

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

(Tojiko, Iyo, Kamagawa, Nakara and Yoshida in that order. Banners made by me.)

"New eras don't come about through swords, but through those that wield them."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง

The year is 596, welcome to Nihanai.

For the past three decades, our country has known peace. Following the fall of the old Taisho in the aftermath of the Mizu Rebellion, Nihanai has seen only peace and prosperity, after years of corruption, incompetence and oppression. The soil has been fertile, the trade lucrative, and the seasons generous.

Upon the birth of his new, and firstborn son, after many years of failed attempts, the Taisho has invited the children of the four ruling clans, his nephews and nieces, to his palace in the capital of Sakaia in-order to celebrate both his son's birth and the Festival of Water, the two of which have coincided, a very fortunate sign for the birth of any child. Intended to show off the future of the country's nobility, this will be the first official gathering for the heirs as representatives of their clans, and a surprising amount is riding on the impression that they make with their uncle, as the Taisho ultimately decides which clans receive which lands, resources and honors during any given year.

But unbeknownst to the lords and ladies of the land, a presence lurks in the shadows. Seeking its time to strike, and ultimately to topple the Taishonate.

The future of Nihanai is in your hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

๐“๐ก๐ž ๐–๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐

unknown.png

(Map made by myself)

Nihanai, an archipelago just off the coast of the mainland continent, has for centuries been known to its neighbors as a volatile, and violent land.

Having experienced three civil wars in the past century, the country has seen a remarkably long period of stability by its own standards in recent years. This being due to the rise of the new Kamagawa Taishonate, under Yoji-no-Kamagawa, the legendary hero of the Mizu Rebellion, where he and his four brothers led an army of four hundred thousand men, known as the Northern Coalition into Sakaia to overthrow the corrupt Saigamoto Taishonate, which by that point had only been in power for nine years. The country has prospered, and with a lack of war, the arts, trade, and science have been allowed to flourish without interruption.

Establishing his new rule in Sakaia, as every other ruler in the history of the country had before him, the Kamagawa Taishonate overturned the old order, declaring the five ruling clans of the past, all of whom had supported Saigamoto, and whom had subsequently refused to provide their support to the Rebellion, traitors to the people, and having them all take their own lives. Their lands to be redistributed to the new ruling clans, of which there to be four. Each established and led by one of Kamagawa's four brothers. The Tojiko, the Iyo, the Nakara, and the Yoshida. They were given one portion of the country, in which the local retainer clans' loyalty would be theirs, and in return, they would collect the taxes of the land, build the infrastructure, levy the troops, and throw their support in behind the new Court in Sakaia when need-be. And it is this order that has stood for the past thirty years relatively unopposed.

Nihanai itself is a comparatively (to its neighbors) small, but densely populated nation, with a population of just over one hundred million people, and mountainous terrain, most of the country's inhabitants live along the coast. Where many mighty port cities have sprung up, the capital city, Sakaia holds over one million souls alone, and the areas and towns surrounding it a total of ten million altogether, according to the regional Magistrate Office. The north of Ani Island, known as Hokano is sparsely populated, with much of the population residing in only a handful of larger towns and cities while the vast majority of the land is untouched forests and mountain ranges, where the reclusive Hoka peoples reside in small villages.

The Kansu region is widely regarded as the metropolitan heart of the country, incredibly densely populated, it is a highly developed area, where the roads are paved, lit and well-guarded. Wealthy merchants sell foreign goods from as far as the New World, the newest conveniences for daily life are paraded by inventors, and the lords of the land convene in great estates to maintain the governance of the country.

(And more lore to come once I've got some interested players to tell it all to! Think of that as a wine tasting lmao)

๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž!

Welcome all to my new plot! Based on feudal Japan (wow really?) with historical inspiration from both the Sengoku period and ancient Chinese history, I am looking to get some mighty good writers in here in-order to develop this world, characters and to overall create a volatile period of a nation's medieval history.

I hope with this to have some nice, complex characters who can vibe well with one another and spark both political intrigue and potential conflict. You will be playing as the heirs and children of the four clans, however I will also be open to developing some of the many (45 exactly) retainer clans of the country, and potentially having anyone interested play as the heirs or even heads of those clans, perhaps as close friends/advisors to the heirs of the ruling clans! In Nihanai it is custom for the Great Lord of a clan to begin delegating duties to his or her children the older they become, in-order to teach them through real life experience the skills necessary to run their clan, and lands.

This will not be a first come first serve roleplay, and I will instead be choosing characters based on how well they fit into the setting, and with any of the other characters! But hopefully they will all fit!

Let me know if you have any questions and let's see if we can get this rolling. We may set up a Discord server for this depending on how it goes, and worldbuilding will definitely play an important role, and I hope to hear everyone's ideas and thoughts on it. I'm looking for detailed writers who like to delve into the world of the plot, and generally just people I can v i b e with, so don't be shy to be active out-of-character as well of course.

• 1591790186421-png.740700

The Tojiko Clan are masters of the ship. A necessity given their relative isolation from the rest of the country. Led by Great Lord Tojiko Hisahide, the Tojiko are the most autonomous of the four ruling clans, due to their distance from Sakaia. Having greater independence and authority over their lands and retainers, the Tojiko are unique in Nihanai as they are the only clan that does not require the Taishonate's approval to change tax rates, trade tariffs, or layout punishments on disloyal clans. In many regards they could even be considered an independent country on their own already. Conducting large amounts of trade with the Namsan Dynasty across the Orange Sea, despite the Taishonate's cold relationship with them. As much of a blessing as this is, it could also be considered a curse, as it has led to a divide, and point of contention between the Tojiko and the other three clans, all of whom desire their own independence to be increased. Even within the Tojiko lands themselves, there are many who dislike their disconnect from the larger islands, and some who even wish to make a return to them.

Their current seat is Tojiko Castle, though their largest city is Furano, to the north, and their retainer clans are the Tadami, Maeda, Futaba, Mizuno, Toyako and Yachiyo. The Oeda Islands, which although are officially apart of the Tojiko's lands, are not actually ruled by any clan, and are instead a semi-autonomous region ruled by the Oeda, the indigenous peoples of the islands. They do still pay taxes to the Tojiko, but are not required to give manpower. The islands of Harufai and Waki are not controlled by any clan, but have instead been opened for use by all Tojiko retainers.

Attachments

• 1591647285246.png
    1591647285246.png
    696.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Very intriguing! I love the world!
Any room for more?

(I've recently been playing Shogun 2 and this RP pops up, what a coincidence)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back