• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Academy (accepting)

Ash kept his face hidden in his book so that he couldn't see what was happening right beside him. This seemed to be a usual thing for him, when a girl approaches him and tries to get some brownie points they do something very embarrassing like spill ice cream on his royal clothes, accidentally throwing some elven wine on him, falling on him, tripping him in dancing, yep this one's new. @giraffesarebetter

Cas closes his eyes and clenches his fists. He scrapes his knuckles against the rock. "Lucy..." he begins, his voice as shaky as his breath. "Stop." Cas squeezes his eyes shut, knowing opening them would be a mistake, knowing that looking into Lucy's eyes would just make it harder for both of them. "You don't want this."

Luma accepts the towel Cai brings back for her. "As soon as I can... I-I'll just go." She looks down at her tail, her cheeks red.

(Sorry for the short response, Arch, I'm in a bit of a hurry. Oh, and i won't be on much until monday, and then I'll be pretty much offline until after christmas. I'll try to do one post a day, though.)

@Zylvia @Archdemon

Lucy squints at him and shakes her head. His lips were moving, but he made no sense. Don't want this..? How could anyone not want this? Confused, she reached for his face, and stroked it gently. "Cas, I want this. More than I've ever wanted anything else." However, even as she said that, her own thoughts whispered in the back of her mind. This isn't real, Lucy. Mer magic. Resist the charm. Fight. She stopped abruptly, hand still against his cheek. It felt like bells were clanging inside her mind, two sets of melodies fighting for dominance. The young faery squeezed her eyes shut in pain and clutched her aching head. Her breathing was heavy, body shaking with the exertion.

@giraffesarebetter

Last edited by a moderator:
"I.... Never mind.... This tour was bad idea..... Please forgive me..." And with those words he left. Sighing to himself he went over to the boys dormitory and to his room. Though on the way there he walked past a bathroom which he was never in before so he went in. The first thing he sees was a staircase in one of the showers, "ummm that's not normal....." He sighed as he went down and the further he went in it got darker but thank god elves can see in the dark. As he kept walking he saw light which means that he's nearing the exit. Once he was in the place well words wouldn't be enough to explain the beauty of this place. From across the water he saw to people, he'd seen them in class but they didn't have that 'I love you' face on or the the glare but they were here and that worried Ash a little. "Hello? Is everything alright over there?" He was too worried about what was going on to notice that he didn't speak shyly. @Zylvia @giraffesarebetter

Lucy bit down on her lip, hard enough to make it bleed. Now that she wasn't looking directly at Cas, the effects of his magic was weakened. Although not by much, it gave her own thoughts a crack to nudge through. Fight, Luciana! It's not real! Fight! Clenching her teeth, she forced herself to back away from him, inch by painful inch, scraping herself along the rocky floor. Her head felt heavy; her body ached. Vaguely, she was aware of another presence in the room, another voice adding to the chaos in her mind. It took every effort to grate out two measly words: "help me." Her hands bled from countless tiny wounds as she sliced them on the rocks. Voice barely audible, she tried again, "Help me."

@Archdemon

(( She's currently under the influence of Cas' seductive magic that he can't control when he's in his merman form. She's trying to fight it and get away from him :P So, she's going away from the water. ))

@Archdemon

"Help me!" That was enough for Ash to start to realize that magics afoot. Quickly he ran towards the girl who kept scraping herself on rocks which was masking her bleed. He muttered a spell that canceled out the magic then said "Let's go!" And he started to drag her out of the underground lake area. @Zylvia

Lucy felt strong arms replace her own weak efforts. Almost simultaneously, she felt the confused cacophony in her head begin to subside. The near irresistible urge to be near Cas was already starting to fade. All that was left was a terrible headache, and her tattered body. Little pinpricks of pain registered all over her, adding up to quite a level of discomfort. She squirmed in the stranger's grip, embarrassed to have been caught in such a situation - wet and drunk on magic. Voice hoarse, she rose on unsteady feet and said, "Thank you. I'm sorry you had to see that..." Nervously, she turned back to Cas as he waited to dry off. "We can't just leave him here...It was my fault for pressuring him to enter the water in the first place."

@Archdemon @giraffesarebetter

Ash shook his head "He'll be fine, mer-Folk know how to take care of themselves. Plus are you sure you want that magic to have a grip on you again?" He was still dragging her out but not as strong as before. Whatever was going to happen he'd stopped it, he'll won't jump to conclusions as to saying he was going to rape her, but whatever was happening was suspicious. @Zylvia

Lucy bit her lip again, only to flinch in pain. The broken skin was already swelling. Some stories about a faery's fragility weren't tall tales. Protective concern flashed in her eyes as she gazed back at Cas - so beautiful by the water. So lonely. Despite her own feelings, the young faery hesitated at approaching him in his current state. The stranger was right. Now simply wasn't the time. Hating herself for it, she turned back to her saviour and nodded reluctantly. "Yeah, I should go... before things get out of hand again." Downcast, she let herself be led out of the underground pool, already missing the hidden corals and mystic atmosphere. As they climbed up the steps, she tried to make conversation. "Thank you for helping me out back there. I.. don't even know your name." A blush dusted her cheeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
"N.. No problem...... Ash.... T... That's my name." Whatever courage he'd felt was gone and his shyness had taken over once again. He didn't believe that she saw his face long enough to see the details so once they were out he turned towards her. His face and royal clothing were now much more detailed, skin of that like Ash and hair that's white. He was handsome to everyone. @Zylvia

Lucy squinted against the sudden sunlight. Having been in the dark for so long, it was harsh on her eyes and took a while for her to adjust. Blinking, she turned towards Ash and did a double take. The musky underground had done him no justice. In the sunlight, his ashen skin and snowy hair seemed otherworldly, like he was royalty from another dimension. Still recovering from her ordeal, it took a moment for the young woman to realise that he was dressed perhaps a little too well for an ordinary student. His demeanour a little too formal to be casual. Overall, he just seemed too much. "Oh my God, you're royalty, aren't you? What is up with today? I'm meeting princes and princesses everywhere." Blushing madly at her foot-in-mouth syndrome, she did an awkward curtsy. "Your Highness." Despite his stunning looks though, her mind flashed back to Cas. She wondered how he felt about the events that hadn't been his fault. She wondered how he felt about her.

@Archdemon

Ash blinked a couple times.... Now his cheeks were crimson. "Wha.... Um P.. Please don't tell anyone and also don't treat me like I'm royalty... I don't like it..." Ash was treated like a normal commoner back home which was a sign of respect, being treated as if he's better than everyone wasn't how Ash was raised. @Zylvia

Lucy straightened up and giggled. "Sure thing, your highness." She smiled gently, letting him know that she was simply teasing him. It struck her as odd. For someone who'd been raised in a palace, he didn't have the haughty demeanour or the confidence. In her mind, princes weren't shy. They were charming and bold and, well, sometimes douchebags. Ash was surprising in ways Cas wasn't. She blushed at the thought of Cas. With his cocky attitude and reputation, she'd have readily believed him to be royalty. Gazing at the man in front of her, she felt a wave of guilt wash over her. Why was she even comparing the two men? Quietly, she said, "So, how long have you been around? I don't think I've ever seen you around before. I'm Lucy."

He looked at her kinda surprised "This is my first day here... I'm in the same class as you and Cas, though I guess you two were too busy talking....." ((Just assume he talks shyly cause it'll take me too long to type a shy person says)) he looked at the ground "That's a beautiful name...." He muttered. This girl was different than Luma and yet they have similarities. @Zylvia

Lucy flinches at the mention of Cas. Unwillingly, she looked back towards the boys' dorms, wondering if he'd changed back yet. Stop it. She gave her head a little shake, trying in futility to dispel thoughts of the merman. A light blush crept upon her cheeks as Ash complimented her. Even during the good times in her relationship with Killian, she'd never been complimented properly. It felt strange to be so bluntly praised that she was rendered speechless. "Thanks..." she murmured, avoiding his gaze. "Sorry I didn't talk to you in class. I didn't mean to ignore you." She gestured animatedly with her bloodied hands. "I get a little caught up sometimes..."

@Archdemon

Ash grabbed her hand softly "Let me see it..." And he looked at it for a minute then said "Follow me, I can help patch you up." And he did the follow hand motion as he went into the nosy dorms and waited for Lucy to follow him. @Zylvia

Lucy resisted the urge to snatch her hand back as Ash examined it. He's only trying to help. Silently, she followed him back towards the boys' dorms, almost laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. "You're not going to take me back to the bathroom, are you?" she said lightly, giggling. "Also, it's not as bad as it looks. It's ugly, but it doesn't even hurt. You really don't have to go through the inconvenience."

@Archdemon

Ash shook his head "No.... It may not hurt but it can get infected and that won't be very pleasant...." He walked in front of a door and opened it with a key. "This is my room, sit on the bed while I find some medicine to disinfect your hand." He hold the door open for Lucy. His room was the most beautiful thing ever, it had an obvious elven touch to it. He went over to his closet as he began to dig through boxes looking for something to help Lucy. @Zylvia

Lucy blushed at Ash's concern. She'd never quite been spoilt like this before. Even at the palace, as a measly handmaiden, she'd always had to fend for herself. It felt nice to be pampered - kind of. As Ash dug for the medicine kit, she took her time to observe the room. With the afternoon light slanting through the open windows and the natural Elvish eye for beauty, she found a smile gracing her lips. It lit up her face despite the exhaustion that was evident in her sapphire eyes. "You've got a beautiful room," she said. "It's putting mine to shame. That shouldn't be allowed!" She laughed. "I'm being upped in decor by a boy!"

@Archdemon

"......." he kept silent than said "Thank you... Though this is my mother's handy work...." He had finally found the medicine and grabbed everything that he needed. He walked over to Lucy and said "Let me see your hand." Once he had it he began to drip the liquid on a cloth "This might hurt.... A lot..." Then he gently placed the wet cloth on her hand and began to disinfect it. Once that was done he grabbed some bandages and started to wrap her hand up so that it wouldn't get infected again. "There.... All better!" He smiled shyly @Zylvia

No matter how much Lucy prepared herself for the sting, it wasn't enough. Pinpricks of fire burned in the cuts on her hands, bringing tears to her eyes. "Ow ow ow ow," she whispered, trying not to flinch in pain. She gazed down at the bandages on her hands, grateful for Ash's care. "Thank you," she said with a gentle smile. "Thanks for helping out a stranger." Carefully, she extended her other hand to him with deliberate slowness, not eager for the hurt that would accompany disinfection. "So, what're you studying?"

@Archdemon

He dabbed the liquid over another cloth and began disinfecting the other hand. ".... Medicine." He replied as he moved the cloth away and began wrapping bandages on her other hand. "What're you studying?" He asked her. @Zylvia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back